Microsoft Excel has a free version and does not offer a free trial. Microsoft Excel paid version starts at US$6.00/month.
Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Industry: Accounting
- Company size: Self Employed
- Used Daily for 2+ years
Excel is still the most reliable spreadsheet and vital business tool for every organization
Excel is a great tool for users who work on large amounts of data and can handle complex calculations with 100% accuracy. It allows you to create pivot tables, sort, retrieve and analyze data, perform macros in VBA, build charts, tables, and many more features in a breeze! As an Accountant by profession, Excel has always been my best buddy throughout my career progression up until now and it never ceases to amaze me about the powerful features that I’ve yet to discover and utilize for more productivity and efficiency in my work.
My top favorite Excel features are the following:
- Scalable formula and calculation functions (IF, SUMIF, VLOOKUP, INDEX-MATCH, etc.): Excel allows you to extend the formula up, down, across the spreadsheet. You just need to create the formula once in one cell and Excel will help you to populate the formula in the designated rows/columns in your report.
- Excel shortcut keys: it dramatically increases my productivity by using these tricks. It makes you look like a Pro and believe me, anyone will get intimidated when they see you typing so fast without using any mouse!
- Conditional formatting: it makes your data more sophisticated and visually appealing to the users of the information.
- Pivot tables: works like a magic when reviewing hundreds of thousands or even millions of data in one spreadsheet.
- Paste special: copy+paste from one source to your spreadsheet with options of maintaining the formatting, value, comments, or even formula.
- Able to organize voluminous data into orderly, logical spreadsheets and charts
- Allows simple to complex formula and calculations quickly regardless of the amount of data
- Microsoft Office and Google sheet integration
- Learning curve; it takes a lot of practice and training in order to advance your Excel skills.
- Calculation errors; Excel will never know whether the data you inputted is correct or not.
- Expensive cost of entry; Google sheets is free
- Industry: Automotive
- Company size: 51–200 Employees
- Used Weekly for 2+ years
Good data input.
Excel is widely compatible with other software we use internally.
Features and data formatting can sometimes present in unintended ways.
- Industry: Military
- Company size: 10,000+ Employees
- Used Daily for 1+ year
My review on Microsoft Excel
The principal project that I truly scholarly a great deal about Excel in was building an accounting page to track and plan my course enrollments with as a rookie in school. I needed to figure my aggregate GPA and GPA by term, and I needed to design the entirety of the courses I would take every semester from my first semester in school to my final remaining one. By that point I realized how to utilize rotate tables and some other information decrease recipes, yet I didn't actually have a clue how to utilize query works yet. I assembled a large portion of that bookkeeping page around a capacity to naturally ascertain letter grades dependent on rates, and afterward essential SUM capacities for the GPA computations.
The subsequent case was for designing and cleaning a humungous fix of information in my last semester of school. 32 cycle Excel wasn't made for the errand I was utilizing it for around there, however it worked effectively with some content cleanup that I would not like to figure out how to do utilizing standard articulations somewhere else.
This experience was and stays educational for me. I learned more a long time of doing those undertakings than my companions who took classes to learn Excel.
Colossal degree as Excel has mathematical and literary capacities; you can add hyperlinks and pictures thus significantly more. Numerous sheets can assist it with acting practically like a social information base when joined with separating and arranging capacities. Mistake catching should be possible utilizing.
The one fundamental hindrance of the extent of MS Excel is that an excessive number of individuals are self trained and the manner in which they have made the accounting page is undocumented so over the long run individuals attempt to alter and present mistakes. Naming cells makes formulae more significant and simpler to fathom. I once attempted to figure out an accounting page individuals had been utilizing for a very long time and found there was an entire section of qualities incorrectly being remembered for an equation. Somebody had been advised to erase a section however they had quite recently concealed it from see so every one of the qualities were all the while being included messing genuine up. Knowing the contrast between concealing qualities and erasing them is quite major.
- Industry: Information Technology & Services
- Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees
- Used Daily for 2+ years
Microsoft Excel the best Microsoft product
Overall I am very satisfied with the services of Microsoft Excel, Since I can see what I'm calculating readily, I utilize it instead of a calculator. Using it, I created a basic payroll system and performed numerous weekly tax computations.
I've been using Excel for the past twelve years, and I'm quite happy with the program. We can easily create sheets and perform calculations. The nicest part is that we can deal with various currency symbols and add them to specific columns, rows, selections, etc. Working with enormous amounts of data is not a problem.
when something in the software isn't functioning properly, it can occasionally be challenging to identify where is the error.
- Industry: Furniture
- Company size: 11–50 Employees
- Used Daily for 2+ years
Excel is the best software
Many other software try to be like excel but failed as its capabilities are more than many.
How many capabilities has, you can find for sure one formula that will help you solve a certain problem.
Not as ease at firstly but as you start learning it you will love it.