RingCentral MVP Reviews

About RingCentral MVP

RingCentral MVP is a cloud-based business communications solution that offers tools for Messaging, Video and Phone. Core features of the solution include conferencing, auto-recording and unlimited long-distance and local...

Browse RingCentral MVP Reviews

1,187 of 1,187 reviews
Darian
Darian

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

Review of Ringcentral

Ringcentral replaces our previous phone system in its entirety, allowing us to utilize soft phones and providing a means for video and text communications. Although we later transitioned to different services for chat and video, initially it was a welcome addition when we were just needing the phone/fax. Overall ring central is a high quality soft phone.

Pros

Ringcentral gave us a lot of options with a low barrier to entry. We came from an environment with no soft phone capability so the transition was very noticeable. The peer-to-peer communication and peer-to-client communication are both very simple and the call quality is always crystal clear.

Cons

The initial IVR setup for our company was a very drawn out process. We had to hire an external party to create our entire workflow since the built in functionality did not suit our needs. Additionally, we were in the market for a custom API hook that new calls would invoke and the process to get this built in took an extremely long time (6+ months) to add.

cindy
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 31/10/2023

ring central is awesome

Awesome experience, so far so good, reliable cost saving

Pros

User friendly and easy to set up. Time and money saving

Cons

no refunds on down time, you just have to call your sales team

Avaya Cloud Office

Reasons for Choosing RingCentral MVP

Ring Central was running the platform, so we made the switch

Avaya Cloud Office

Reasons for Switching to RingCentral MVP

Ring central was cheaper and support was awesome

Response from RingCentral

Hey Cindy, the Review Team appreciates your feedback! We are proud to provide you with a user-friendly experience that is easily implemented.
If you have questions or want to continue the conversation, please email us at [email protected].

Replied 21/11/2023
Raj

Reviewed on 12/02/2024

Can find better value elsewhere

poor, Always had the issue of tying to get through to customer service and it was not a convenient experience. 1/2 hour to 1 hour hold time is not good for service.

Pros

Nothing that is outstanding, used a fax line for small business and it worked well, issue was the price increases. Year over Year they wanted me to pay $275 or so from 120 bucks. I did not think that was fair. Gave them an opportunity to lower price and they refused, hence the change to another company

Cons

getting through the customer service line for simple inquiries was impossible.

Response from RingCentral

Raj, the Review Team apologizes for any inconvenience you experienced regarding our pricing and customer service. We strive to provide fair and competitive pricing while delivering exceptional service.
If you would like to continue this conversation or if there is anything we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to email us directly at [email protected].

Replied 13/02/2024

Top RingCentral MVP Alternatives

Cisco Unified Communications Manager

Michelle
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 6/05/2022

Affordable and Intuitive Option for Small Business

We were looking for an affordable, integrated platform that can be used for both internal collaboration and as an external calling solution. Our staff is grateful to no longer give out their cell numbers for calls, but to be able to get calls forwarded through the app. Overall, RingCentral MVP was easy to implement and we're satisfied.

Pros

RingCentral is convenient and easy to use, especially where we need it most- that is, making calls and sending texts to our clients and external partners from our app or desktop. Even for staff members who don't have extensions, it's easy to forward Voice Messages via email, since they come in as an attachment.

Our team was moving from a dial-only system and had reservations about transitioning to a feature-rich cloud based phone line- but everything is easy to use and straightforward, from integrations to scheduling to sharing files. We weren't expecting that we'd use the reporting feature, but that also comes in handy as we can collect data on who is making calls and sending texts at what durations and who is successful in connecting, all which supports time management for our caseworkers.

Cons

Periodically, customer support will have you waiting for a long time. When there's a technical glitch, this can be an issue. However, it's only happened an handful of times, and we're overall satisfied.

Google Voice, Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Ooma Office

Reasons for Switching to RingCentral MVP

The pricing was better vs enterprise versions of the other platforms, and our sales team was able to set us up very quickly.
Martha
Martha
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 16/07/2021

RingCentral way better by far!

They are by far 100 times better then Nextiva!

Pros

Everything, very friendly software.
I love the software.

Cons

A couple of times my text did not go out. But was fixed after I reported the issue.

Nextiva

Reasons for Choosing RingCentral MVP

Was with RingCentral, switched to Nextiva, two days after switching I knew it was the biggest mistake. Everything was wrong with Nextiva. There was never a solution, only we are trying to fix the problem. 3weeks later. We are trying to fix the problem. No thank you!

Nextiva

Reasons for Switching to RingCentral MVP

I had already tried both.

Reviewed on 5/12/2022

A pretty good office phone system not cost effective at all!

See above. The only problem is cost and customer service.

Pros

The main things this system does well; call routing, mobile access, voicemail, call transfers.

Cons

This software takes a very long time to set up and get rolled out to the team. This is not cheap and only gets more expensive over time. Their customer service is terrible. I have to search to find out anything on my own. I have tired to schedule numerous meetings with my account manager and usually don't get a reply. The last time we actually got one scheduled he flaked and never called into the meeting. I had my whole team there waiting.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

RingCentral MVP is great for internal collaboration

Although we do not love their customer service department, overall it is worth the money.

Pros

It was easy to install, and it is easy to use.

Cons

The customer service department is improving but it still takes a long time to resolve issues. There is a lot of waiting on hold for unimportant tasks.

Response from RingCentral

Hey Sarah, thank you for your terrific feedback; we love to hear how RingCentral MVP is easy to install and user-friendly! To share more or discuss your experience further, please email the Review Team at [email protected]. Thank you!

Replied 4/12/2023
Eric
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 5/08/2023

work smart not harder work from home

This was an absolutely vital tool during the pandemic.

Pros

Being able to have my full class in the video conference.

Cons

It's a bit difficult to do large video conferences requiring a bit of maneuvering.

Response from RingCentral

Eric, thank you for taking the time to express how our product has positively impacted you. If you want to tell us more, email us at [email protected]; the Review Team appreciates your feedback!

Replied 9/08/2023
Stephanie
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 10/01/2024

Easy to Use and Convenient

Pros

I like how you are able to use the app on your desktop or mobile phone. Makes it easier when you work from home.

Cons

At first the application was confusing to use but customer service was really helpful. So not really a con.

Response from RingCentral

Hey Stephanie, the Review Team thanks you for your terrific feedback. We are happy that our teams have successfully assisted you, making our product more effortless for you to implement!
If you want to share more about your experience, please email us at [email protected]. We appreciate you and your business!

Replied 22/01/2024
Adam
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 5/01/2024

RingCentral MVP is a great product

Pros

The video conferencing is probably my favorite part of RingCentral MVP.

Cons

I don’t think there’s anything about RingCentral MVP that I really don’t like.

Response from RingCentral

Hey Adam, the Review Team appreciates your great review! To share more about your experience with us and our product, please email us at [email protected]. We would love to learn more from you; thank you!

Replied 22/01/2024
Ryan

Reviewed on 27/10/2021

They saved us from an ancient ShoreTel system, and helped us embrace remote work

RingCentral has been in business voip for a long time now. They are huge, well defined, and are consistent across the entire experience of sales, design, implementation and training. When you onboard, you feel like you are gaining access to a huge resource that has been doing this long enough to have their game down. You pay more for that kind of experience, and it was worth it to us.

Pros

The platform feels modern and robust. I like that end users can install the client without us having to deploy msi's. The sound quality alone on calls was night in day from our onprem system with SIP trunks. We were worried about quality, but it's been a non issue. It's nice having a platform that is constantly improving over time, without us having to shell out more money to prod the vendor to offer more. If you have solid internet connections into your business, you'll be fine.

Cons

The offering was a little on the pricier side compared to competitors. Worth it in my opinion though.

Reasons for Choosing RingCentral MVP

Running an on prem pbx just doesn't make sense anymore when you have fast internet access. We decided our time was more valuable in other areas of the business.

Reasons for Switching to RingCentral MVP

Ring felt the most mature and well developed out of the other offerings. We were willing to pay more for a better overall product and support experience. The platform does feel like unified communication, and is flexible enough with API access that we'll be able to change how we use it over time. The other offerings often felt bolted together from acquisitions to get into the space. Ring felt a little more robust and fleshed out compared to the others.
Brandi

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

Ring Central is better than the trendy apps for business calls!

With Ring Central, we're able to record calls for training, make seamless transfers to other team members, block spam callers, and our team is able to have access to one shared company line as well as private extensions. It's a business-saver when we all work remotely!

Pros

The call recording has been huge for training our team members. The ability to transfer a call to someone with the Ask First is a feature not many apps allow, AND the fact that if my team member can't answer, I can then transfer the call back to myself for taking a message is something we haven't found in any other phone app. In other apps, if I did an Ask First transfer then the person was just lost entirely which was not good for business.

Cons

The one thing that has been less favorable is that your native phone app can/will ring over top of the Ring Central app. So it's possible to be on a Ring Central call and then have your native app ring in a call on top and you can't hear the Ring Central call. I also wish that if one of my other team members answers a call on our shared line, it wouldn't show as a missed call for me. But these are little things compared to all the benefits of the RC app.

Andres
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 10/11/2022

Excellent tool

Excellent, it is efficient, easy to use, and reliable.

Pros

It is a completely efficient tool; it can be easily used with either a small or large team. It has all kinds of tools useful to keep efficient call tracking, performance log, and analytics.

Cons

I do not consider I have something I do not like from this software at the moment.

CloudTalk

Reasons for Choosing RingCentral MVP

The previous tool did not include half of the features found in RingCentral

Reasons for Switching to RingCentral MVP

The reviews, pricing, support during the purchase, and general information
Ian

Reviewed on 22/06/2023

Incredible Phone Management

We have had an excellent experience using RingCentral MVP. It has been essential for our communication within our team and with our clients. I would recommend to any company looking to have great video and telephone communications.

Pros

We utilize the ability to manage all our users phones and licensing form the admin portal. Uses connections are very reliable and the VoIP options help us be more mobile. The administration is easy to learn and setup. Users are able to quickly pick up how to use phones.

Cons

If we had to pick a con for this it would be that it really makes you use their phones if you want a physical phone at desks. It would be nice to use other brands.

Zoom Phone

Reasons for Switching to RingCentral MVP

We choose RingCentral MVP over Zoom phone due to them having more features and better pricing.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

All around solution

The experience thus far has been great, we have not experienced any outages. Another selling point was the integration of Ring Central Rooms which powers all of our conference rooms and is a really great tool.

Pros

It includes all form of communication: Messaging with Glip, Video conferencing, and standard audio calls.

Cons

A large meeting license (100 or more users on a meeting) is static and cannot dynamically move between accounts.

8x8 X Series

Reasons for Choosing RingCentral MVP

Ring Central provided the best all around solution which included conference room support.
Dawn
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

Ring Central (the future phone)

Benefits from Ring Central for me are the recorded lines. I deal with a lot of chargebacks and unhappy customers at times. To deal with them I need to have facts of what they are telling me and none other than a recorded line will get me those facts of the conversations had earlier with other employees, to determine the outcome of the issue presented to me.

Pros

My favorite pro on Ring Central are all the lines are recorded and there is easy access to pull up those calls. You simply log into your account on ringcentral.com and all calls can be searched by day, time or phone number. You can save the recordings to your computer and send them where applicable. Another pro is the phone has bluetooth capability. I have hooked up my head set to Ring Centrals phone lines several times. You also can easily transfer calls, add a conference call (3-way calling) and put the phone on DND (Do Not Disturb) if busy. My current Ring Central phone has 4 incoming lines available to ring, although I usually only need 2 lines. My first and last name is also on my phone. You can also set up for your phone to have different ring tones for different people and keep a phone book available on the phone for easy access of calling the people you call the most.

Cons

I have found two cons for Ring Central: Since the phone runs off of internet, if the wifi signal goes down, so does the phone. Unfortunately you will need to wait until the wifi connects again for the phone line to become active again. I do believe there is way to hard wire the phone line as well where it is not connected to wifi. The second would be the recorded calls only go back as far as 3 months. Sometimes in business we need to go back a little further than 3 months.

Memory
Memory
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 19/02/2021

Good for inner-office messaging but not for task management

I pretty much already said everything in my previous comments. This was already being used when I started working for this company so I don't know how it's measured up to people's initial expectations. But it is useful for messaging coworkers and discussing projects and other work-related topics. We use RingCentral meetings a lot. Not only does the entire office use it for our daily morning meetings, but it's also used a lot by individual teams to discuss their projects. This is another feature that has been especially useful during COVID. We used to use it some when we were all working in the office, but it's been a great tool for communicating with coworkers now that we are all home and can't easily walk down the hall to someone's office.

From what I understand, this software is owned by Zoom so it has a lot of similar features to that meetings platform. So people that are familiar with Zoom would probably have an easy time figuring out how to use RingCentral meetings.

I really dislike the desk phones though - which we received as part of our RingCentral package. They are way too complicated to use so I almost always used my personal cell phone to make work-related calls. I actually find the RingCentral Phone app a lot more intuitive and easier to use than the desk phones.

Pros

I like that you can set up different groups/teams to discuss things with people that are relevant to the conversation. For example, each company department can have their own team or one can be set up for a specific project and you can choose to only add the people involved with that project. You can also have private chats with with one or more people, then turn that chat into a team of you determine that world be beneficial.

I also like that you can tag people, decreasing the chance that they'll overlook the message, know it's something important they need to view/respond to, and will see the message more quickly (if they have tagged-notifications turned on in their account settings).

It's also nice that it's likes to the office phone system. It allows you to take phone calls made to your office phone on your cell phone if you have the RingCentral phone app (RC Phone) installed. This has been especially useful during COVID. We've been working from home for almost a full year and most people didn't take their desk phones home with them. It's great to be able to receive work calls even though we haven't been in the office.

It also integrates with meetings. Each person has their own, unique meeting URL to use if they are scheduling meetings on the calendar. But you can also start a meeting directly within a team and everyone on the team will get notified that they are being called into a meeting.

Cons

My company was trying to use this for the reasons I described above, but also as a task-management tool. Although there are some task-management features built into the software, it's definitely not what I would recommend for that purpose.

Because the main purpose of this is for messaging colleagues, the layout is not great for keeping your tasks organized and helping you stay on top of all the various projects you have going on at once. When tasks are assigned to people, they quickly get lost among all the messages that are posted after the assigned-task notification. When we were using this as our only task-management tool, people would often forget about tasks, miss the deadlines, etc.

Alexandra

Reviewed on 6/06/2023

Pretty good...

We utilize RC MVP as our UCaaS solution and it works well for us.

Pros

RingCentral was one of the OG softphones. What has been released works, and they don't release new features until they work (unlike some other providers). The app is robust and feature-rich. The service is reliable and pretty much foolproof on wifi. The search feature within the app is amazing... literally indexes everything. The new layout is also very sleek and streamlined.

Cons

Because they take so long to push features through R&D, they sometimes don't have features available that are table-stakes for other providers. Calling isn't the best using a mobile connection, you almost always need to be on wifi. The app also doesn't always auto update and can get glitchy if it's not the latest version.

Zoom Phone and Vonage Business Communications

Webex
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 7/03/2023

Robust platform, but expensive and extremely poor support

Pros

Ringcentral has a ton of features, anything you could ask for in a small business voip system. It is very reliable, call quality is good, the mobile app is very stable and has tons of features. Also they support a lot of brands of IP phones if you are looking to use existing equipment and just change your provider.

Cons

It's one of the most expensive voip services on the market, per user cost. They also nickel and dime on certain features like caller ID name which other carriers include by default. They bill you for an extra user seat automatically if you forward calls to an external number, e.g. an answering service, more than 10 times in a month, which other carriers don't charge for. Finally, and perhaps worst part, their customer support is extremely terrible. If you ever have to call them, expect to spend 6-10 minutes navigating their very annoying phone tree/IVR before you get transferred. Then when someone finally gets on the line, they are outsourced and generally can't help with any technical issues. This means opening a case and waiting days or weeks for a "tier 2" agent to reply. Often cases go unanswered and you have to start the process over again. Without a doubt, RC support is the worst of any vendor our business works with.

8x8 X Series

Dialpad
Stephen
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Ring Central for Medium Businesses

We use RingCentral daily as our main phone system and we have a customer call center that uses the phone system very heavily. In general we have not had any major downtime with RingCentral but we do have the strange glitches that cause some users headaches trying to get the softphone to work correctly for them. The phone system works most of the time but because we use Plantronics headsets there can be some tricky configuration that users have difficulties with from time to time.

Pros

RingCentral Softphone app is similar to a cell phone which makes it easy for people to relate to the functions of the softphone app. We use Glip, the messaging system that is part of the RingCentral phone app every day and we particularly like the gif feature that allows you to search for gifs and post them to chat. I also like that you can have the RingCentral phone app on both your desktop or laptop computer and your cell phone and you can transfer calls between the two devices pretty easily. The contacts tab on the softphone app is also a great feature that allows us to search for anyone in the company's number easily and quickly and is a great improvement over our last voip system.

Cons

There are a lot of strange glitches with RingCentral that happen, like when a user cannot make or receive phone calls and the only way to fix the issue is to reboot the user's computer (only seen on Windows 7 computers).We have also had strange issue where a user is not logged into a queue and is set to busy or do not disturb as their status and they get missed calls even though their phone never rang. The support and web results for any issue you search for are not helpful and definitely seem to be filtered to make it seem that there are no issues with the RingCentral softphone app. I also do not like how the phone app will take over my keyboard when I get a call and stop me from completing whatever I was typing when the call came in.

Gabriel
Gabriel

Reviewed on 5/04/2018

Overall great solution for business phone service

Overall good product but there is a learning curve on the setup (Complex interface) and their phone support isn't great

Pros

Very powerful solution that can be fully managed through their online interface. I like the support of all of the Polycom phones, support for presence, call queue setups, schedules, etc. It's a very comprehensive system that does a LOT.

Cons

Two issues we have.....

1) We used to use phone.com and we found we had better control of the call flow using their system. We've run into some call flow planning issues due to limitations of Ring Central.

2) WOW their customer support is bad bad bad! At least I just had a terrible experience. We hired a new employee and I needed to setup his phone. We had an existing line setup that we weren't using. I just needed to update the line to use his new phone. It wouldn't let me add his phone to the existing line and wanted me to make a new line. I did that and then I had two lines on the extension. I tried to delete one of the extensions and it said I cannot. I call support and the lady on the phone said she "Ok I can fix this for you but don't ever let this happen again". She was dead serious. I got upset at her about that comment. Long story short, she kept me on hold for 35 minutes then said she couldn't do it and they would call me when it's done. I called back in the next day, talked to someone else and within 10 minutes everything was fixed. What the hell!

Lance

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Equivalent alternatives exist at a significantly lower cost

Telephone auto attendants have become somewhat commoditized in their pricing. It's beyond understanding then that Ringcentral would undertake a pricing revision that tripled the monthly cost of their SaS to our company. Perhaps they're contemplating a merger/offering and attempting to boost their value short-term. I can't imagine that in the middle to long term many Ringcentral customers will accept the new pricing strategy when so many lower-priced equivalent alternatives exist.

Pros

Reliable-- over three years of use the web based system did not have any notable downtime. Ease of use-- easy to implement our telephone map on the Ringcentral system.

Cons

Customer service. Our company had three separate Ringcentral accounts. Sadly, after several years of using Ringcentral they changed their "pricing strategy" which doubled, and then tripled our monthly service charge-- although we did not change our business or the way we used the software.

Grasshopper

Pricing
Brandon
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

RingCentral is perfect for our business!

Overall RingCentral is fast, reliable, and offers tons of great features. I would recommend to anyone.

Pros

RingCentral offers tons of options including various call handling capabilities, text, fax, video chat and mobile/desktop app. The call handling and mobile app have been the best features for us. We can call from our mobile with our work phone number and not have to give our our personal cell numbers. After hours, if a client has an emergency, the call handling directs the call to our apps.

Cons

We don't have many complaints about the software/service. Cost would probably be one of our only complaints. It does get very expensive once you start adding lines. I guess you get what you pay for though.

Features and Reliability
Brian
Brian

Reviewed on 5/04/2019

Once I switched to using my cell - life got so much better

As a person who is typically third on the hierarchy of phone calls I have really hated having to cover the phones when people have been out. One day, after a few particularly long phone calls my neck was hurting and I decided that I needed to stop using the regular handset. I brought my Bluetooth device in the next day and started using the app. This app has been a lifesaver. I am happier now having both hands available. Furthermore, the ability to transfer calls to different people is very smart. I have the ability to even send to people's personal number where on the old app I couldn't do that. I have tried to use the messaging app, but as of yet we are still using Teams for our internal messages. Thank you for the App RingCentral!

Pros

I actually have been fairly skeptical of the software since I've been using the IP phone for a year and a half. I was never too proud of it and what it could do. However, once I have switched to using the app on my phone and a bluetooth, I really couldn't be any happier. I have full powers and the ability to even transfer to personal cell phones. I am happy now.

Cons

When we were all using IP phones we had different phones and that made some things not behave well at all. Other than that, the app has things in a little different places than the regular Ring Central phone app, but I like it better.

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 14/12/2023

Very good VOiP

Overall, our experience has been good we will be continuing to use RingCentral in the future

Pros

The online portal is fantastic. It allows you to divert your calls very easily to a phone or even take them on your computer rather than your desk phone

Cons

We do get several dropouts on desk phones a day Which sometimes makes it frustrating

Response from RingCentral

The Review Team thanks you for sharing your feedback with us! We're delighted to hear that you find RingCentral an excellent VoIP solution and appreciate the convenience our online portal offers for call diversion. We understand your concerns about dropouts on desk phones, and we apologize for any frustration this may have caused. Our team takes this feedback seriously and is committed to addressing and resolving any issues to improve your overall experience. To address this, please get in touch with our Support Team at your convenience here: https://support.ringcentral.com/contact-support.html. We appreciate your overall positive experience and commitment to continuing with RingCentral in the future! If you have anything else you'd like to share with the Review Team, please email us at [email protected].

Thank you for choosing RingCentral, and we look forward to continually serving your communication needs!

Replied 19/12/2023