About Endicia

Endicia is a shipping solution that helps businesses of all sizes streamline the processes related to order fulfillment including label printing, address validation, delivery and more. It allows users to choose suitable pricing...

3.3
3.6
3.7
3.1

Browse Endicia Reviews

Kelsey E.

Reviewed on 10/01/2019

Great for Home Businesses

GREAT alternative to other postage printers, easy to use, but poor customer service.

Pros

I love that Endicia is an easy way to print my postage at home, PER USE, and does not require subscriptions like some other competitors (like Stamps.com).
Their software is easy to use and very compatible with my DYMO postage printer.

Cons

I hate that when the printer jams up, it is like pulling TEETH to get a refund from Endicia. To date I've wasted about $50 in postage that was never refunded to me because copies of the misprinted postage was not deemed satisfactory by the company. So be careful when you print- because their policy is pretty much "if you mess up you are SOL."
It's also impossible to get a real human to talk to to argue with.

Nate H.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 12/06/2019

Great, Simple, Software

Pros

Allowed us to easily import orders from QuickBooks and process USPS labels very efficiently. Shipping internationally through USPS is a breeze. Easily create return shipping labels.

Cons

The online reporting isn't as detailed as I would like but provides all the basic information you would need.

Pierreantoine F.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 15/04/2022

Endicia does a great job

The monthly fees could be optional in my opinion but it’s a great software to use if you do high volume shipping

Pros

Easy to use and get back in time to find a past fulfilled order. Everything is stored in one solution which is convenient

Cons

Some glitch with the tools / label printer sometime it needs a restart

ShipStation and Pirate Ship

Reasons for Switching to Endicia

Had a great previous experience with Endicia

Top Endicia Alternatives

Dave S.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 5/05/2022

Good servcie but Global USPS Processing Center has destroyed part of my business

They used to have good customer service, not anymore. If I had a problem I could email them and get instant help. Now they take weeks to reply.

Pros

Its pretty easy to use, but they are now FORCING us into using USPS Global Processing Center in Los Angeles where my packages get LOST or sit there for weeks and weeks and take months to get to my customers if at ALL.

Cons

USPS Global Porcessing Nightmare, lost packages, months to get to customers, damaged my sales reputation

Chris W.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 10/11/2016

Tough to set up but easy going after that

As someone who is not technically gifted, Endicia/DAZzle was not exactly user friendly to set up but now that it is up and running I hardly have trouble. When I do it usually just takes some trial and error to line up margins, sort out the printer situation, etc. It seems harder than it should be, but I guess that's how these things work. The few times I've needed technical support they've been helpful.

Pros

Easy to use once set up.

Cons

When a technical issue occurs it is a little bit of a headache for me (at least) to fix it. Initial setup was the same way.

Larry B.

Reviewed on 13/02/2020

So good and now so bad

We're all done with Endicia. We found PitneyBowes SendPro product to actually work.

Pros

Endicia is a postage printing application. We were an Endicia customer for eight years. A company like us, we're not in the postage printing business. We're in a business that needed to print postage and mail things. Endicia was great. On those rare occasions when we needed technical support, we called, they helped and we went on our way.

Cons

Apparently Endicia was sold, developed some sort of affiliation with Stamps.com or something. They introduced new software that doesn't work. We spent hours and hours with multiple technical support people. We got differing answers on our problems from some of them and from others, they just said they were not familiar with the new software and we were not the only ones complaining. But here's our biggest complaint. The change required us to throw away all of our stamp materials AND to throw away all of our postage scales. Yes, the new version of their software doesn't work with the scales we've been using, for which we spent money on. Just send them to the trash was their recommendation. Sorry, but we're just not going to contribute to the massive amount of e-waste this country produces. We did reach out to management. They said, "sorry".

Stamps.com

Reasons for Switching to Endicia

Because Stamps.com advertises on ultra-conservative radio shows whose moderators spew hate and discord.
Jennifer S.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 5/12/2019

Skip the Lines at the Post Office

We use Endicia along with USPS Click-n-Ship for almost all of our postage needs. Can't imagine going back to traditional stamps.

Pros

I love that we can print our stamps at the office and can skip the lines at the Post Office. There is a small investment in the beginning by purchasing the stamp printer and a scale, but if you purchase the right label printer you can use it for your other label needs as well. It is also extremely easy to add funds to your postage balance.

Cons

There are a few glitches now and then with printing, but the software allows you to reprint if needed.

Brian D.

Reviewed on 15/01/2021

Endicia is very handy software, saves trips to the Post Office

Overall, it was okay. If I discover a better service, I will switch immediately.

Pros

I like the ability to print stamps at home and create shipping labels.
Keeps history of all shipping labels created.
Able to schedule an USPS pickup, even when the USPS website is down.

Cons

Most of the time the software hangs where you cant print out the stamps/labels. By runnig endicia connect each and every time, seems to prevent this. It is annoying when the stamps/labels don't print, you have to request a refund, which takes weeks. In the meantime, you have to load more funds to pay for the postage.

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

Endicia

Use this on a daily basis for large volume shipping.

Pros

We love being able to use this on a daily basis to ship all of our USPS orders. Great system.

Cons

Do not like when the system goes down, takes too long for them to get it back up and running.

Stephanie S.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 8/04/2022

Keeps Erroring!

Terrible

Pros

Was on the phone with them, which they answered quickly to my surprise.

Cons

But they could not get my account to open up with password and user name change. They stole money from me now, that I will not get back, simply because their software errored. I did not make any mistakes, added money to the account before I requested the shipment. Then all hell broke loose. I am so pissed I could spit!

Michael A.

Reviewed on 8/03/2018

Endicia is Something I Rely on...

We ship approximately 120 orders a day through this reliable program. If we were given a choice between this program and others, we would stay with them! We have not had any complaints other than user error, the functionality is there even if it takes a second to find where it is. :)

Pros

This Software is Very Customizable, Useful, Accurate, and Reliable. We use this software 60 hours a week and over the weekends schedule updates to avoid impacting our shipping department. From the pre-installed images for Valentine's day and Christmas to custom thank you notes to our customers, we have created hundreds of custom labels. Endicia is compatible with UPS Worldship and we can pick specific labels to use across the spectrum. We absolutely love how we can manage purchases when we have a mistake and refund a double created label without calling customer support! Our account can easily have funds deposited to avoid stopping the shipping process due to limited funds. One-time fees help us keep track of payments much easier than vendors who charge other fees as they show up at later times. Compatible with many different types of printers for quick adaptability to new setups.

Cons

Due to the custom settings everywhere in this program, it can take a good while to adjust yourself and get familiar with the complexity of the visual editor and structure of the purchase history.

Jeff L.
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 17/06/2021

Endicia is a great tool for your warehouse

Using Endicia as an integrated part of our shipping software has saved us time and money. The third party insurance coverage that is offered through Endicia is a savings and though we have only had 1 or 2 instances when the packages were never found - it has worked well. Using the Endicia software has also been a benefit to our employees when they needed to ship a non-customer package. Endicia has been helpful for processing our customer orders and it helps us keep track of the packages in a timely manner.

Pros

Endicia was very easy to use. We use it as an integrated part of another piece of software for shipping packages from our warehouse. The integration allows us to ship packages via the US Post Office and get discounted pricing as well as tracking and a third part insurance option. Using these features is usually no more than click the link/button. We really love saving money as we ship with the US Post Office. The process for tracking (or in the rate instance filing an insurance claim) is simple - again you click a button.

Cons

The Endicia search feature is both nice and yet frustrating. It is great that the search will look for anything - a zip code, a name, a city - but then trying to narrow down the search to specific dates is very frustrating. They appear to be working on updating some reporting for delivery exceptions - but they don't quite have it functioning so the data is all relevant. For example, I don't care that I had delivery exceptions LAST YEAR - I am concerned about the packages that were sent out last week.

Lee D.

Reviewed on 3/08/2020

Long Time User

Been using Endicia for over 15 years. Used to recommend to everyone. Now looking at alternatives. Since purchased by Stamps.com program has gotten steadily worse. We paid annually and they started charging us monthly even though we were paid till 2021. Had to file complaint with BBB to get problem resolved. The online webserver is glitchy.

Pros

Print postage on envelopes without needing a postage meter Print postage labels for flat rate envelopes the pricing discount That we could purchase/license software ANNUALLY instead of having to pay a monthly fee. Program was installed and updated on individual computers

Cons

Annual plan no longer going to be offered and will have to pay monthly fee. Accessing online webserver every time I want to print postage to an envelope.

Chung W.

Reviewed on 6/10/2021

An All-in-One Solution to Shipping Management

Overall, Endicia provides incredible value to my business. The convenience of making our own stamps and saving time by skipping out on UPS and Post Office lines really points to how powerful it is to do it yourself.

Pros

Endicia is a fantastic shipping management software. Integrating it into our business was easy and almost costless. All that is needed is a printer or label maker. Endicia's convenience is the best thing about it. No longer do we need to order stamps or stand in line to make a shipment. We just print what's needed at that moment, and pay exactly the same price for shipping. Endicia's all-in-one software means I can manage and track my shipments without having to go to other third party websites.

Cons

Integrating Endicia can be a little costly as you need to have a label maker and need to purchase Netstamps labels to print stamps. Sometimes there is a misprint where the stamp image is off-center or across two labels. Fortunately, the reprint process easily solves this and reprints are free of charge. Refunds for bad stamps are as easily as selecting what you want to refund in the software.

Charles W.

Reviewed on 11/03/2020

Hands down the worst software I have ever had

HORRIBLE!

Pros

Nothing. It has been nothing but problems

Cons

I have been with Endicia for more than 5 years and I have had to call tech support no less than 30-40 times with continual problems. I am on the phone as I am writing this waiting for tech support, I called a 6:03 and I was told it would "Less than one minute" before I could get a support agent. That was 40 minutes ago. I have waited many times more than an HOUR to get connected. This is beyond frustrating. I have a software that runs my business that is really good but it costs HUNDREDS of dollars to get it to work with Endicia. A few months ago Endicia integrated with Stamps.com and the problems have been worse than ever. Endicia now runs very slow and continually failure to function. It also sends out emails to my customers and instead of having my company name on it my personal name is on it and customers have no idea who the email is coming from and they delete them thinking they are spam. They have been telling me for three months that they are working on the issue. I just got off the phone with tech support after a total of about 90 minutes. There is a NEW issue that seems to be system wide and they are telling me that I have to manually print hundreds of labels (and they are printing too small and they say that is the best they can do right now) and the time it takes to fill in all of the information for each order is lengthy. My next call will be to stamps.com since they are the parent company of Endicia. I will also be looking for other solutions for my business.

Kevin M.

Reviewed on 3/04/2019

Great Functionality, Bad Price Increases

We loved the ease of use. It is a great transition for smaller sellers who are tired of paying 9 cents a label on Amazon. However, as you grow, it simply doesn't scale as well. Also, with their recent price increase the break even point just got quite a bit higher compared to purchasing your postage labels direct from Amazon.

Pros

Endicia worked flawlessly for us. It consolidated most of our marketplace orders into one screen and provided competitive postage rates for us. The software was easy to use and implement.

Cons

They need more connectivity with more marketplaces. Honestly, we would still be using them today if not for their recent price increase. That price increase caused us to look around to find that their sister company gave us all of our marketplaces at less per order than Endicia did. Oddly, our new account includes an Endicia Account...

Matt K.

Reviewed on 31/03/2020

Functional shipping software with quirks and a dated UI

The program generally functions as one would expect. It can be slow and the UI is very dated (this is also an issue with other USPS compatible software i.e. Stamps.com).

Pros

The application has been flawless with generating postage and queuing print jobs. The address verification for USA based addresses is also a nice feature,but it would be great if that was also offered for Canadian addresses or other international addresses.

Cons

The application has a number of bugs. Signature confirmation does not remain set between parcel mailings. The user must re-select preferences for individual packages even when mailing consecutive parcels.

The application sometimes does not detect that an International address has been entered - there is no way to manually select that the user wants to send an international shipment.

The error codes that are presented when there is an issue with a shipment are not actionable. The application could do a much better job in describing input errors and how to correct them.

The application does not maintain a steady connection to Endica's servers and must reconnect after a period of non-use.

The lack of ability to set additional shipping preferences or create shipping profiles seems to be a major feature that is lacking.

Nick P.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 21/04/2018

I've used Endicia every day at the office for 9 years now to generate our USPS shipping labels!

Easily create US Postal Service shipping labels for all their different services and to almost any location in the world.

Pros

It's very easy to use and lets you quickly cycle through different service options to find the best fit for the package you need to ship. Endless amounts of templates available for different purposes.

Cons

Modifying templates tends to be somewhat difficult and the maximum postage amount we can purchase at one time so we end up making more payments than we would like to but other than that it's been a very reliable software for a long time.

Amy M.

Reviewed on 25/04/2018

I've used Endicia since it became available as an integration with my online store ventures.

Pros

I love Endicia!!! Before the software, I was using the USPS website to print my shipping labels from home. There were some options on the market but they all cost money. Endicia is a free integration into my current Ecommerce platform. It is a seamless experience, that allows me to add postage to my balance, print labels and send shipment notifications to my customers without leaving the backend of my online store. Can't really ask for much more than that.

Cons

The only con I can think of for the software is that there is a minimum postage purchase. I burn through postage so quickly that this is not an issue, but it may be for smaller online operations.

William K.

Reviewed on 3/08/2020

Horrible Support. stay away

VERY POOR from a support standpoint. Stay as far away from this company as possible unless you have no other options.

Pros

There are few Pro's that I would consider

Cons

Their Support is worse than horrible. Sitting on hold for 1+hour is very common. For as simple of a thing as an expired credit card had to go through 5 people and sit on hold for almost 2 hours. That is called Sales Prevention. You should be able to do that via the web portal. Once your card gets declined though they Lock your account! How ridiculous?? How are you supposed to change it if you are locked out?!?

Carole C.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 19/02/2020

Very easy to use.

Wonderful! I was not familiar with this until I started working for the law firm I am currently employed, but after using it just once was totally sold and have now used this for 7 years!

Pros

This is a nice program for stamps, ordering supplies for stamps, printing postage directly onto envelopes, and works great with my DYMO label maker.

Cons

When they converted from the software to Endicia online it was a little rough transition but their customer support was fantastic and eventually got us set up on multiple computers.

Brian B.

Reviewed on 26/03/2018

A Complicated but Good Option for Postage

Pros

Endicia was by far the most powerful and dynamic software we have used to generate shipping labels for our business. It was built to integrate with so many software platforms, so it was a breeze to program Endicia to generate shipping labels based on information in our CRM.

Cons

The software, while powerful, is less streamlined and a little more cumbersome than its competitors. It takes some time and use to get used to its interface, and how to most efficiently use the software.

William B.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

Great software, but poor customer service & technical support.

In conclusion, the software itself is great, but the customer and technical support need much improvement.

Pros

Endicia software is easy to learn and use. You can process shipments and print labels fairly quickly.

Cons

The quality of customer service and technical support is poor. When there are technical issues due to a software update (that the users are not notified about in advance), expect to be on hold for hours and get transferred from one department to another.

Louis S.

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Basic Shipping Software and Integration

We nearly never have to communicate with Endicia over any issues, having shipped over 1 million packages with them as the postage provider I can't think of a single issue besides a plan change or such.

Pros

We've been using Endicia for almost a decade, it's deeply integrated into everyone for the shipping industry, supports more than Stamps.com for API and 3rd party consolidators.

Cons

They are being forced away from auto-refunds for un-used labels, a bit of annoyance, but we'll have a process to do so now.

Jim Y.

Reviewed on 21/09/2020

Used to be great

I have in the past written glowing reviews of Endicia. Its people, its software, and its performance. Now, until, and unless, major improvements (actually, repairs) are made, I would only recommend this to my worst enemy.

Pros

It works... barely, at least it is desktop.

Cons

As the title says, it used to be great. Then along came Stamps.com and acquired the company. The software has absolutely tanked. More bugs than a swamp in summer. Takes forever to load (60-90 seconds vs 10 seconds before). Constantly "phones home", which bogs down processing. New address verification is about as dumb as it gets, and pops up in a new window, which causes you to constantly switch focus. I have, LITERALLY, spent over 5 hours on the phone with tech support in the past two months. Even they don't understand some of the things it is doing, and often play guessing games to get it to work. I feel for Endicia employees, really. They are still great to work with, but they are saddled with the Stamps servers, which are overloaded and frequently down, and of course the mandated (by Stamps) changes, like the address verification which used to be lightening fast and intelligent. Also Stamps uses a different insurance company than Endicia did, and it is horrific to work with if you need to file a claim.