About Power Diary

Power Diary is designed specifically for health clinics and their clients, ranging from individual practitioners through to large, multi-location practices. Power Diary is online practice management software, which includes...

Browse Power Diary Reviews

Rhonda C.

Reviewed on 1/08/2019

New Powerdiary user

Convenience of online access to Powerdiary for practitioners and online booking for patients is huge for us.
Communication with the team is easy and quick responses are the rule. Great value.

Pros

Convenience, communication, ease of use (with a couple of qualifiers)

Cons

Clunky re-appointment system, online booking system could look more attractive to users/patients

Cliniko

Cost, simplicity quick communication with Help Team
Fran N.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

Easy to use, great functionality, responsive team

We moved from Front Desk PM to Power Diary after 12 years. We were naturally anxious about how the information would be migrated to the new system, and whether the system would be able to handle the frequent, high intensity use our multi-practitioner, multi-disciplinary team demands. We have 42 users, and 29 practitioners so we needed a system that was responsive, adaptable and customisable and easy to use. Power Diary has been all these things in the two weeks we have used it, and anything we couldn't use the team were an email (and a phonecall) away, fixing issues for us, helping us navigate and making our lives easier.

Pros

The flexibility of the product and the willingness of the support team to take on suggestions for improvement or tweaks that would improve functionality further.

Cons

Would love to drill down a bit more on the toggle restrictions but will be passing that suggestion on.

Response from Power Diary

Hi Fran,
So glad to hear that your transition from Front Desk to Power Diary has been positive! We're importing data from all kinds of systems but it's often a point of concern for those making the change. And yes, please do pass on your ideas for further improvements - our development team is making updates all the time.

Sue K.

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Does it all

Like how I wrote in the pros, I just love that Power diary does everything I need to run a business and there's scope for even more than what I need should my business grow and use more staff etc. I have often read about other practitioners frustrations about their (different) software program but I never have these same issues so power diary must have got all these things sorted. Plus the staff get back to you quick should you need help finding out how to do something. Talking of staff, they were amazing at helping me transfer all my old file details across when I first set up in Power Diary, otherwise it would have been a huge mission, especially putting all my stock into the system.

Pros

I Love the ability to integrate all aspects of running a naturopathic business from the diary, email confirmations, text messages that remind the client, invoicing, connecting with xero accounting, allowing my accountant access to the stuff she needs but nothing else, total lockdown of clients session info once saved, or save in draft mode if additional info needed to be added after an email, all details in the one place including any correspondence I have with client, ability to send birthday messages and newsletters in bulk, stock inventory and can even take payments. Really, the list goes on...

Cons

I think the only things I don't like is that you need to use quite a few clicks to get to different places rather than hover with mouse and get an instant dropdown box, but then even my bank is like that and I'm a bit fussy with easy tech stuff. Really, it's not an issue and has been getting better over the years.

Top Power Diary Alternatives

Michelle O.

Growing our business with Powerdiary

Our business relies very heavily on powerdiary, for diaries, client appointments, billing, medicare, reporting. The automatic SMS reminders are a great facility for clients (they rely on them to remind them about their appointments) and great for us - people are more likely to cancel when they receive the SMS rather than not attend, or cancel at the last minute.

The system has been very reliable. It is extremely rare for the system to be down.

Pros

Easy to use. When there are issues, there is a friendly person at the end of the phone or email to assist in resolving issues (such as when we've accidentally deleted data, support with reports, not knowing how to do a particular function).

The software is constantly being improved with additional functionality based on feedback.

Cons

There are times when there are functions I would like that are not available, such as an 'undo' function, especially if I've just deleted a series of appointments accidentally instead of deleting a single appointment.

However when comparing this product with other products, it has many more functions than many of their competitors at a more reasonable cost.

Response from Power Diary

Hi Michelle,
Thanks for the great review!
-Damien

Sophia V.

Reviewed on 29/05/2019

Clinical Psychologist

Benefits - quick ability to get Medicare rebates once relevant data entered- not as easy to enter less frequent options - such as DVA clients or overseas student insurance options for online rebates

Good ability to do quarterly tax accounts/ records from the program

Still using other online storage/ memory options for client records (other than session notes) as not a great way to upload quickly -such as with google drive from the printer scanner

Pros

Easy to use/ find way around for new receptionists etc
Easy to find/ record client information/ details

Cons

Difficult to look up problems/ find information on the frequently asked questions - I've wasted a lot of time trying to find an answer to problems such as where to input Medicare/ Referrer/ Third party details- and have ended up having to call the customer support line due to bad info/ options etc

It would be better to have an easy option to colour diary entries/ customise the colour of the client diary options from the drop down menu -to easily change/ add other colour options unique to our practice -

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for your review Sophie. We have recently moved to a much better Knowledge Base system which includes in-app assistance - If you click on the Help menu you'll see articles related to the screen you are on, and there is a handy chat function there now too. Hopefully this makes it easier for you to find information. - Damien

Replied 3/06/2019
David G.

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

Highly recommended

Allows me to keep excellent records that can be printed out at any time and can be accessed remotely by me. Easy to use and constantly being updated in positive ways - highly recommend

Pros

I have tried various practice management software packages and have found this the easiest to use . Common sense is all that is required for most procedures and I have seldom if every needed to contact support for assistance in the operation of the system. I am a one man practitioner so cannot comment on multi-user usage, but this is a wonderful way of organising a practice, reducing paper usage (all my notes, letters, client information) are kept on the system and I am very comfortable with the security provided for this.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. I do not use the remote access facility for clients but that is primarily because of not wanting certain clients to overlap rather than to any fault in the system.

Chris G.

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Happy User

Power Diary staff are very quick to respond and help with any problems whether it be user error or system error.

Pros

I love how Power Diary has introduced texting through the system with our clients. It makes communication faster and easier than phoning.

Cons

I don't think charging for the texting through the system feasable. Texting through any phone provider is free , not to be charged per word/character.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for your review Chris. We'd love it if we could provide free texts as well. Unfortunately, whilst most phone companies are willing to include texts in their monthly phone plans, it's a different story when it comes to sending and receiving from applications like Power Diary. The messages need to go via a secure SMS gateway that interfaces across all the phone networks. Phone companies charge the gateways for access to their networks for each message sent, which is why practice management systems (or other applications with SMS functionality) will have a small per message charge. It's great to hear though that you are enjoying the time-saving benefits of Power Diary's text message functions!

Replied 30/05/2019
Andy M.

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

Solves a lot of problems

Very happy.

Pros

Very customisable. Great customer support at onset

Cons

Billing area needs a tweak for my personal liking.. if individual customers could be given custom discount on monthly bills that would be very help ful.. And if we could attach video links to notes so that can be stored securely... not completely sure about putting video on a private channel in you tube..
I would also love to create a searchable problem list that can be linked to daily entries.

TM3

Reasons for Choosing Power Diary

Better customer support, more flexible and customisable

Customisable...

Response from Power Diary

Hi Andy, Thanks for the great review! You should be able to upload video files to any Treatment Note, or in the 'Files' section. Let us know if we can help with anything: [email protected]
- Damien

Replied 21/07/2019
Calia H.

Reviewed on 11/06/2019

Great service, easy to use, but a little clunky

Pros

- Customer service is quick as they are available straight away on the online chat so you can keep working and have questions asked/problems solved without having to sit on the phone

Cons

- Odd things will happen about 1-2 times a month. Today we have opened our program to find all the cancelled appointments have disappeared from the diaries
- It would be great if it was integrated with HICAPS ( I hear this is on the way)

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for your review Calia. Great to hear you're enjoying our in app chat support. Whether cancelled appointments are displayed or hidden is a setting in your calendar. Just click on the three little dots on the top-right of your calendar and you'll see an option to 'Show / Hide Cancelled Appointments'. You can change this anytime and your browser will remember your preference so you don't have to keep selecting this. If you have any questions though please let us know. - Damien

Replied 17/06/2019
Wendy R.

Reviewed on 11/06/2019

Easy to use, innovative, always improving

I use virtual reception, so I couldn't live without power diary.

Pros

I liked working with Power Diary in the beginning with Damien. I feel that it is less personal now but it is still a good service.
I like being able to combine my google calendar and also transfer to Xero.

Cons

Some things that I live with but don't quote like are:
1) that you can't do packs without it showing on the invoice. I want the information of what I am up to but I don't like the client feeling that they are needing to complete 10 sessions if they don't want.
2) no workable option for waitlisting appointments on particular days.
3) that the cancelled or rescheduled appointments still show up. I want to still ave a record of these but it is confusing on the page. I often find reception don't fill those spots because they look full.

Louise C.

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Five Stars for Power Diary

I love Power Diary and use it everyday, it integrates well with my phone calender and has all the features I need to run my Reiki business. Even though the price is a little high for my one person business I'm so glad I made the investment right from the get go. I have confidence my client files are safe and record keeping is easy.

Pros

The ease of use, set up and integration with google calender and stripe. Australian owned and based with servers in Australia. This was the selling point for me when I started my business and I have at times struggled to keep paying the monthly fee.

Cons

Would like it to be integrated with PayPal and better integration with google calender ie appointments I put into my phone don't show up in Power Diary. I'd love to see an app version for ease of use on the go.

Anne H.

Reviewed on 14/07/2019

Excellent Product

Power Diary are always trying to improve their product in response to users needs. It has got better and better since I first started using it 4 years ago.

Pros

Easy to use. Very reliable and robust programme.

Cons

There should be more instructional videos and text guidelines for all of the features of Power Diary as I know I'm not using all of the features that are available.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks Anne. We agree - more instructional videos are on their way! We are also a good way through rewriting all our Helpdesk articles. If you click on 'Help' in your account your be able to see them there.

- Damien

Trina G.

Reviewed on 13/07/2019

Excellent for sole trader podiatrist

Great for generating reports for bookkeeping and accounting

Pros

Very user friendly cloud based software allowing me access from anywhere. Note and letter templates save me a lot of time!

Cons

No department of veterans affairs integrations (yet) and is like to be able to hover over day and see how clients are missing patient notes (this function is available in other software I have used)

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for the review Trina. Great to hear also that the Notes and Letter templates are saving you a lot of time. They're some of my favorite features :)

Good news too - DVA claiming is live and available in all accounts. I'll email you links to the setup articles from our Knowledgebase.

Thanks for the idea about showing if a Note has been written via a hover-over. You can currently see this if you click on an appointment in the calendar (Note icon is green), but showing this via a hover-over could work well. I've added this to our Feature Request system.

-Damien

Raymond I.

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

Ideal in a start up practice

As my practice develops and I require greater utility I can ring and have a quick conversation with the power diary team. If they are unsure of a solution they work one out and get back to me. They also pay attention to our feedback in developing and expanding Power Diary. A very positive experience.

Pros

Power diary can be used as a very basic diary and it’s utility expands rapidly and easily to cope with a rapidly growing practice. It also talks to my accounting software

Cons

I do not have any thoughts about cons for power diary.

Response from Power Diary

Hi Raymond, Great to hear about your experience with Power Diary. Thanks so much for sharing this.

Robin S.

Reviewed on 6/06/2019

Online receptionist

Overall having the automated reminder system saves me a lot of time confirming appointments for the next day which is what I most appreciate. Then it’s the ability to access power diary at various locations (as it’s in the cloud).Health

Pros

The calendar with automated text reminders to patients. Also the ability to keep statistical data about appointments and payments (with invoices and receipts sent via email).

Cons

Difficulty uploading my stationary template, problems writing letters in the style I choose (it’s confusing).overall

Alex L.

Reviewed on 31/08/2019

Really good...but not awesome!

It has been a good start so far, but I feel like it's missing a couple of key features that are standard in other software packages.

Pros

- User interface
- Easy appt reminders etc.
- Lots of online support

Cons

- No telephone support
- Some lack of customisability (e.g. for session packs​ etc.)
- Lack of editing options for clinical notes (e.g. bold, underlining, bullet points etc.)

Response from Power Diary

Hi Alex, Thanks for your review. I've made a note of your feedback in our feature request tracking system. We use this to ensure we build features that will make the biggest difference for our customers. Also, just just so you know, we offer phone support as well. We typically find we can help people more quickly and effectively online, but if there is something that is best managed via the phone, or via screenshare and a call together we certainly can do this too.
- Damien

Replied 3/09/2019
Kristen B.

Reviewed on 1/06/2019

Power Diary is the most important computer and administrative decision for my practice

The benefits to my practices are innumerable. The product and the fabulous customer service support provided, reduce administrative hours and angst and also provide multiple positives and benefits.

Pros

The software is incredibly user friendly, comprehensive and adds such value to my practices whilst reducing administrative hours and stress. The provision of customer service and support is of an exceptionally high quality.

Cons

There has been no problems or deficits with the software program.

Defne D.

Reviewed on 14/07/2019

Love Power Diary

Great! Wont be changing.

Pros

Good customer service. Quick and detailed replied.
The online portal has saved me hours of admin.
Easy to use. I find it user friendly.
Multiple functions. I can do anything I want with all the functions.

Cons

I don't really like the 24 hour clock.
I'd like to be able to import a client file into a pdf
It would be great to have better financial functions. While it links to xero, it would be good if power diary had the basic recording of expenses that i have had with other programs. I'm currently having to use another psychology program for this.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for the review Defne! I've added your feedback about expenses to our Feature Requests racking system too as we are monitoring interest in this. If we get enough interest we'll develop this functionality.

- Damien

Terri W.

Reviewed on 5/06/2021

No shows/late cancellations not recorded in clinical progress notes easily

Pros

Its easy to use for the most part. Thank you

Cons

No shows/late cancellations not recorded in clinical progress notes easily. It would help for the system to automatically send No shows/late cancellations to progress notes so clinicians can keep track of this in the progress notes, especially if we get subpoena (this would help us a lot).

Yeony K.

Reviewed on 1/04/2021

meeting clients' needs.

so far so good.

Pros

What I like the most about PD apart from their excellent practicality is their willingness to listen and strive to improve to meet the customers' needs. I have been picking some features and suggested to PD. They have listened me and reflected the suggestion in the features. It's really nice to see PD is getting better and meet my needs.

Cons

Not much to list at all. Some features I didn't like or thought needed to improve have been fixed.

Mohammed W.

Reviewed on 14/08/2020

Potentially good product, with some flaws and terrible support.

So far - poor, not only is the support not great, the client onboarding features are limited i.e. i wanted to collect address dob, etc, but the process to do this is very long winded.

Pros

The Telehealth feature - otherwise all other features are similar to other booking apps we have used previously.

Cons

The support, they are very keen to send you articles that only solve part of the issue rather than try to understand and trouble shoot with you. I am an active user who recently asked why my calendar didn't sync to google -i am now on email exchange number 17 and still no resolution - no way to run a business.

Calendly

Reasons for Choosing Power Diary

Primarily telehealth feature, but the other aspects Bookly was actually superior, especially support.

Reasons for Switching to Power Diary

I regret it, i am now looking at calendly again.
Helen F.

Won't Look Back

Excellent. It has made my invoice and receipting process enjoyable and professional. I love the note templates which I have customised and continue to adapt to my needs as I get used to the system. It has helped me realise how much I was judging prior to changing over and I really enjoy the support it gives my psychology practice each day. I now feel confident to run groups and expand my practice with the on-line booking system. It has put the fun back into my administration tasks for which I am immensely grateful. I look forward to opening my program and have been surprised how quickly it has become a natural part of my working day. I only regret not getting it earlier. Thanks execuitve and Power Diary.

Pros

Ease of use, great support via Help button, instant customer service, cost effective, SMS reminders to avoid client non-attendance and fantastic range of options.

Cons

Cost of the SMS messages, that I didn't start it earlier, it's hard to find fault with it. Thanks for a great product!

Response from Power Diary

Hi Helen, thanks so much for your review! We love to hear that Power Diary is helping to put 'the fun back into your administration'!

Clair L.

Always improving

I am very happy with Power Diary.

Pros

Power Diary is easy to use and has lots of functions. It is reliable and works seamlessly. The team at Power Diary are constantly updating the program and are really responsive to user suggestions.

Cons

We have a large practice so the costs add up with SMS sending and monthly charges.

Emma C.

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

Well thought out needs a few adjustments

Overall a good software program for the price!

Pros

The support with the program is phenomenal. It is relatively easy to set up and to use.

Cons

The Medicare DVA integration does NOT allocate payments once paid. This takes up a lot of time having to manually download the report and allocate off each individual patient file/invoice.

Tina K.

Reviewed on 12/07/2019

Easy! Just so easy

I am a hesitant user as I have no IT knowledge and HATE it when things go wrong and I’ve no idea what to do... so paper is my trusty reliable friend. Then along comes Power Diary. Not happy jan - already under the pump I had no time nor interest in ‘learning’ another program. Turns out I didn’t have to! So straight forward, so easy to navigate and ‘guess’ my way through and support team are not only super useful - they’re lovely! I simply do not have a negative word to say against them. So, my trusty paper system is becoming obsolete as Power Diary is SO MUCH EASIER!!!

Pros

Easy to follow, easy to figure out, easy to install, easy to download onto phone. Love it

Cons

Phone functions not as easy/accessible as desktop

Response from Power Diary

Thanks so much for your kind words Tina. Love to hear that you don't need any IT knowledge :)

Replied 16/07/2019