EngageBay CRM Reviews

About EngageBay CRM

EngageBay is an integrated marketing, sales, support and CRM solution designed to help small to midsize enterprises acquire, engage and convert website visitors into customers. The cloud-based platform lets businesses use...

4.8

Browse EngageBay CRM Reviews

Steve
Steve
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 18/08/2023

Great CRM, You must consider when looking for a CRM!

EngageBay has exceeded my expectations. This program is truly starting to get my business going. I enjoyed my sales guy and everything he told me has been true, yes that's a first. The Customer Service people are great, they are there all the time and have really helped me along. The price was much less than the competition, and if you get the All-in-One set up, they do not nickel and dime you for more modules as its all in that package. I give EbgageBay 100% for all they are doing.

Pros

Without a doubt what I like the most is the customer service and all the help I receive. I am not a IT expert and hooking up apps and making SMS, automation and setting up my needs is not something I know a lot about. The Customer Service has been amazing and quite frankly beats the competition I have worked with. I found most companies to be all talk when it comes to helping, but EngageBay has helped me every step of the way, by chat and on the phone when I need extra help.The product is full of tools, I am using the "All In One" version and it does everything I need at half the price as the competition. It amazes me how many choices there are and how much I can do.I find this program will also grow great as our company grows. It's more than we need today, but it won't be next year and for the price, it would be silly to go anyplace else.

Cons

For me the thing I dislike the most about any program is learning how to use it. But like I said the support is great.There is not a lot I do not like about EngageBay, I am a very happy Customer. If I had to pick something, I would like to see a larger EngageBay University with many more in-depth and beginner videos. I am told this is coming, so that will be great!

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay CRM

I hate to get nickel and dimed, and the All-in-One program was great at EngageBay. The cost was much less them most, but the tools were more. The staff was easy to talk to. I really liked them a lot. I wish I would have come across them at the start of our search for a CRM. To me, it seemed like a natural choice, and in retrospect, I know it was the right choice now!
Simon

Reviewed on 8/04/2024

I recommend coming from Hubspot

Pros

Easy to use interface, can integrate with enough other tools, it's simple to use and navigate

Cons

It isn't as comprehensive as some other CRMs in certain areas but it offers great value for what it does do.

Leah

Reviewed on 9/04/2024

Jumped the gun on purchasing

Pros

The supposed all-in-one capability (although there are hidden fees, and it’s not compatible with critical widely used software), the capability for social media management, a bot builder, and the email marketing system.

Cons

You have to pay separately for website tracking, which wasn’t disclosed when I spent more than $2k purchasing the software. This is a major issue for my business and budget for the upfront expense, which is supposed to be an affordable alternative to HubSpot. The clunky user interface also leaves much to be desired. I have buyer’s remorse. There is also no integration with Outlook unless you use the web version, which is a big deal considering how prevalent Outlook is used in business.

Top EngageBay CRM Alternatives

Warren
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

Good option for someone needing a cost effective all in one CRM

The onboarding and ongoing customer support is fantastic. They are available almost instantly and often will jump on a video call immediately to help.

Pros

The cost vs features is almost unmatched. No bells and whistles but a good, solid platform.

Cons

You get what you pay for, it does what is needed, but does have limitations.

Brevo and Klaviyo

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay CRM

Keap became too expensive when our contact list grew.

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay CRM

Cost was significantly less and features were consistent.

Response from EngageBay

Hi Warren,
Thanks for your review.
I see that you rates us 3/10 on the "Likelihhod to recommend" parameter. Can you please let us know the reason for the low rating on that aspect. Your feedback will immensely help us.

Replied 16/02/2024

Reviewed on 10/05/2024

Very happy with EngageBay

Support is very good and I find them to be very responsive

Pros

Email/SMS automations work well once they are setup

Cons

I wish there was a way to score old leads based on how many emails they have opened

Oladimeji
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 5/05/2024

Best Email Marketing Service I’ve Used So Far

Pros

Everything really. The interface, ease of use and the flexibility

Cons

View in browser button impossible to remove

Bhupender

Reviewed on 7/05/2024

Enagagbay good tool

Pros

The intuitive interface makes navigation a breeze. EngageBay's CRM is robust yet easy to use. I appreciate how it streamlines my workflow. Overall, it's a powerful tool for boosting productivity.

Cons

"The mobile app could use some improvement. Occasionally, I encounter minor bugs. Customization options are somewhat limited. Integration with certain platforms can be smoother.

Raj

Reviewed on 21/03/2024

Form integration into our site

Pros

I recently encountered an issue while using EngageBay, but I was thoroughly impressed by the exceptional customer care provided by their team. They had a very quick response to the queries and the problem as solved within an hour.

Cons

While my experience with EngageBay's customer care was excellent, I did encounter a drawback in the form of missing integration documentation.

Dipanshu
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 16/03/2024

Engage Bay CRM Review

Pros

By and large experience was awesome. EngageBay is definitely not a terrible item by any means. There are a ton of choices accessible and the help is perfect. I predominantly utilized EngageBay to follow contacts and for messages (broadcast messages, and so on).

Clint

Reviewed on 3/05/2024

Efficient and User-Friendly: My Experience with EngageBay CRM

My overall experience with EngageBay CRM has been very positive. It has enhanced our team's efficiency and improved our customer interaction significantly.

Pros

The intuitive design and comprehensive features of EngageBay CRM made it incredibly easy to manage customer relationships and streamline our sales processes.

Cons

While EngageBay CRM offers a vast range of features, I found the initial setup slightly challenging, but the customer support was very helpful.

Sian
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 8/10/2020

Sophisticated Software

We run a number of businesses and use Engagebay for some of our clients. If you need to sort contacts, pick them out based on certain factors and send individual or broadcast emails and/or put them through a pipeline, this is for you. You know you need Engagebay when you're trying to organise your contacts by tags and have so many you're going mad.

Pros

How you can really drill down into sorting contacts. It's almost like have a spreadsheet to organise different contacts. We use it for sending individual booking emails alongside broadcast emails. We searched for ages for software that could combine a sophisticated CRM/contact management system alongside email and newsletters - this is the best on the market. The other thing we love is the customer response - there's a chat service and usually someone is on there within minutes of a request and they stick with you until it's fixed. Best on the market - and certainly at this price.

Cons

The training manuals could be improved - that said, they are always happy and prompt to help - but some of my queries could are general and could have been covered in a manual/video.

HubSpot CRM

Lack of features

Brevo

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay CRM

Features mainly and then support - they answered questions promptly. I also tried other products before I arrived at Engagebay but although they initially said they could do what I needed, after weeks of frustrating try outs - they didn't - and the support hadn't really listened to what I'd said I needed - Engagebay listened to what I actually needed before I got started and it did what they said.

Response from EngageBay

Thanks for the review Sian.

Replied 16/10/2020

Reviewed on 1/06/2023

The BEST All-In-One CRM Sales + Marketing for the value

The Team is fantastic to work with. it's very easy to set up an on-boarding call to dive into a specific automation and get on-on-one help and the support for quick questions is great too. There is always someone there at a moment's notice to talk to.

Pros

It has an excellent interface, easy to use and the support is fantastic. I've had Hubspot for almost a year, and it's nice, but it's super expensive. It was $750 per month; then if i wanted to add workflows it was yet another monthly add-on fee.So after almost a year of that, I decided to start looking for an alternative that had a similar sales/marketing function without the crazy price tag. I looked at practically every option out there and started free trials but didn’t like the layout, functionality, features, and cost.Until…. I discovered Engagebay. I had everything I needed on the marketing side with forms, automation, email marketing, text messaging, tagging, and all the sales stuff I needed to close the job, like one-to-one emails, appointments, and workflows. Plus it has a great user interface, and it’s very intuitive to work with.I checked all the boxes, plus the value was incredible! I could purchase 2 years for the price I was getting for just a couple of months with Hubspot. So I got all the features I needed and a great user interface at a fraction of the cost.However, I understand CRMs & automation but I’m not a marketing expert. So having some level of support and onboarding was really important to me. Virtually ever option out there, including HubSpot has you either go through endless documentation, or you have to wait and chat with some for onboarding or questions.With Engagebay, they literally walked me through everything on a series of one-to-o

Cons

I think there could be some improvements to the UI and design options for the appointment setting. I've been using Calendly, and it's tough to transition from Calendly to anythigng else because it's so perfect, easy, and flexible. My main recommendation is model the calendar off the design, function and ease of use of Calendly and the appointment part would be excellent.

Pipedrive, monday.com and Keap

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay CRM

Hubspot was just way too expensive month after month

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay CRM

It was easy to use, had a good interface, had the major things I needed in automation and sales, and the service was really great.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 14/09/2021

Absolutely horrible!!

I've setup a "Sequence" with 3 emails to be sent before holding my Webinar and thought everything was ok and went on.

Just to come back on the day of the Webinar to see that nothing was sent and every contact was hard bounced. Yes every single one of them.
Furthermore I couldn't send any email broadcasts to the contacts either. So mainly I was left with leads for my Webinar which I couldn't even use, were it up to Engagebay.

The support team's solution? Purchase credits to "verify the contacts" to be able to use them.
So besides making me lose my time, not delivering the emails and rendering all my contacts useless they want me to purchase something for it to actually work??

Absolutely disgusting and shameful business practices!

They then tell me that the problem is not on their end and insist that every contact has an invalid email address.

With another similar service I sent the emails with ease. Out of all the contacts, only 4 bounced.
Engagebay has set me back a lot with this.

Avoid at all costs!

Pros

At first I liked what it offered for the free plan (things that other similar services didn't offer for free).

Cons

It doesn't work at all and the support team asks you to purchase credits for it to work.

Response from EngageBay

Hi there, sorry to know about your experience with EngageBay.

Just to bring to your notice, a hard bounce happens only when the email address is invalid. It looks like that is the case here. If the email address is invalid, there is nothing we can do from our end to avoid a hard bounce.

To prevent such cases, we recommend all our users to verify all the emails they have on the list. Please note that we do not provide email verifier service ourselves and hence recommend other 3rd party solutions.

Seems like the other service you used has a built in validation service and hence the bounces were limited.

I would recommend you to send an email to [email protected] including the registered email address for your account and we can check what may have caused the bounces, though we are certain that it was due to the emails being invalid, we could always cross check.

Replied 24/09/2021
Gerald

Reviewed on 10/10/2023

Value, Efficiency and Productivity

The lead capture and email marketing was sole reason we joined engagebay and couldn’t be happier. Wasn’t expecting all the other features to be part of this software, almost overwhelming but reassuring to know we can start putting most of our work, efficiently into one place

Pros

Right now we're using it for contact management and e-mail marketing primarily. We had a CRM in Zoho and will be migrating most likely soon. Pros: Extensive features at an incredible value and easy to use. Customer support response is amazing and communication is stellar. Feel like I havent even cracked the surface of what engagebay can do!

Cons

Time. As great as engagebay is, it’s hard to manage the migration project to CRM. It’s almost as if there’s too much available and migrating doesn’t feel intuitive.

Pipedrive and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay CRM

Zoho is expensive, not intuitive and customer support is not so great

Zoho CRM

Price, value, communication
Nick
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 21/07/2022

great value for money software

Its good

Pros

It is a comprehensive system that is easy to use, and if the get a problem the help guys are really good

Cons

I just would like to have the ability to change the user view so that I can have one time quick view and I would love to link Skype

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay CRM

I had used act for 30 years from version 2, but they started to change it from a good CRM system into a moderate marketing system

Act!
Aman Preet
Aman Preet
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 23/12/2022

Pros and cons of EngageBay

Overall experience was quite good with EngageBay as it helped us with the tool that we needed for the priority basis other than average customer support everything was worth to chose EngageBay

Pros

There were 2 main features because of what we chose EngageBay over other CRMs i.e email marketing (bulk email management tool) and ticketing system (mainly for IT infrastructure issues).EngageBay was quite handy and smooth to operate in both of these features that fulfilled our current requirements.

Cons

The only con that we as a team experienced was the customer support was not that reliable as at times we were getting late responses from customer support team and taking more time as expected to resolve the issue.

SAP Sales Cloud and Freshsales

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay CRM

Based on the current requirements of our team they were not able to give reliable features support.

Pipedrive and Nutshell

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay CRM

Financial team was not satisfied for the long run collaboration.
Bernadette
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 23/09/2021

Excellent Customer Service, Mostly Easy to Use

Pros

It offers lots of features that a small but growing business can access. The support team are incredibly helpful (and quick to respond) if you ever have trouble figuring something out. There are also plenty of free resources such as articles and videos.

Cons

Yes, there are some features such as the ability to view what list(s) a contact belongs to from their profile in the marketing hub, and the ability to forward tickets to other emails in the service hub. Some tasks require work-arounds to accomplish. The support team gladly take suggestions for improvements though, and the program is always improving.

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay CRM

Salesforce wasn't offering enough with their basic membership. EngageBay offers service, marketing and sales capabilities at a fraction of the cost. EngageBay is much more user-friendly and intuitive.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay CRM

More affordable for small business
Anthony

Reviewed on 10/11/2022

Engagebay has been a great solution for us

Engagebay has been great, especially the customer support.

Pros

Engagebay is far less expensive than Hubspot, but with most (if not all) the important features. This was very important for us as a small business. We use so many of the CRM functions, from creating marketing funnels, to email automations, tagging, tracking, appointment setting with our sales team, and many others.

Cons

There are parts that are slightly clunky (like email sequences), but nothing too bad.

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay CRM

Keap is more expensive with less features. Most importantly Keap does not let you add tracking pixels to landing pages for anything other than Google and Facebook.

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay CRM

Engagebay is far more budget friendly, which is important for our startup.
Azizah
Azizah
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 13/09/2022

Complete package for marketing tool

Pros

We received a complete software package consisting of at least forty diverse modules, which would have cost thousands of bucks. Due to this software, we have ended a profusion of subscriptions. We contacted support with a simple message and got a response nearly immediately.

Cons

It costs a lot of money to buy more email space. Suppose there was a way to lower the cost of sending emails. Arranging a batch job to perform a sequence or automation at a predetermined time and day

Ricardo
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 22/08/2023

EngageBay CRM, a useful tool for your business

In our case, we use the CRM module for sales and deals management . We use it dayly , is our tool for deals register , sales, win/loss oportunities, contact data, etc.. EngageBay platform provides a glance of our business development and help us to categorize our company priorities, track our goals, tasks, etc. I strongly recommend it for small business .

Pros

I like the easy use of the platform, the fast response. For example in the deals view you can add your customers´s logo, and other fields that you consider neccessary. This is very useful in order to have a quick view of your business . You can also generate csv reports from each account. The online support is polite, fast and efficient.

Cons

I would like more configurable options for sales reports and user experience interface. For example, change background colors, insert your company logo, reports from different fields. (For example customer hit rate report,etc)

monday.com

For pricing policies.

monday sales CRM

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay CRM

For low costs and price policies.
Pierpaolo
Pierpaolo

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

I've tried it, but now it's our official automation platform...

I have tried other platforms, also spending a lot of money on assestment (hubspot, sharpspring, active campaign, etc...).

Some of them have too high prices, others don't seem to listen to the request for new features, still others the support is slow to respond.

In all the cases I tried something was missing: for EngageBay nothing is missing and the costs are very affordable (it also includes a free version to let my customers try the product).

Pros

Quick and easy to use. All very easy.
It has everything we need (integration, mail automation, sales automation, lead generation, Android and Ios apps, support ticket e chat for visitors, etc...).

Cons

It is not possible to program post social (at the moment you can only monitor your profiles, although technical support has assured me that it is in their roadmap).

Maybe the pricing model needs to be improved by including web analytics per user in the basic version and offering a monthly block of "no branded" emails.

Response from EngageBay

Thanks for the review and feedback Pierpaolo Villano.

Replied 24/02/2020
Randy

Reviewed on 9/01/2024

Engage Bay CRM is a tool worth considering

Overall it is a great product. I would definitely recommend it.

Pros

It does everything i need in a CRM and sales tool. it has definitely helped me become more efficient. Best thing about Engage Bay is their support. Chat support is live and picks up almost immediately. they always resolve the issue, you are never rushed. they will even give you a call if text is getting tedious. It seems nowadays everyone's support is non existent so their outstanding support makes it stand out

Cons

its a little difficult setting up /navigating at times, however if you reach out to support, they will get you going in the right direction. once it learn it its simple. and the interface can be a little slow at times, however has never been a real issue.

Tom
Tom
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 14/07/2022

It Keeps Getting Better

This software made my day, month, and year. Everything is easier now.

Pros

We started out looking for an affordable CRM/Email Marketing System that didn't charge by # of Contacts.

EngageBay was the most affordable of those we found, but since we had never heard of it, we were skeptical it would be very useful.

We were so wrong.

This is one of those products that gets better, not worse, the more you dig in into it. It feels like I know a secret that no one else knows.

IT HAS EVERYTHING. All in one app.

We're saving so much money.

We got an entire suite of software with at least 40 modules that we would have had to pay for from other apps (Social, SMS, Sales Management, Appointment Calendar, Ticket System, Live Chat, Integrated Automations, Etc..)

We can cancel so many services thanks to this software.

We had one issue logging in with the WordPress Apps, but it turned out to be our fault for not reading the manual. We sent a quick chat, and customer service answered on almost instantly. They were fast, very knowledgeable, patient, and kind.

That 5-star service made the sale for us.

We moved 22,000 contacts from another service that has 5% of the capability of EngageBay.

I don't write reviews. But I feel like we got so much for so little that I had to give back.

We will be recommending this to all of our small business clients.

Cons

I can't think of anything yet. We're still on the Honeymoon.

Stephen
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 28/03/2023

Good software - be sure to know your needs

Overall experience was very good. EngageBay is not a bad product at all. There are a lot of options available and the support is great.

Pros

I mainly used EngageBay to track contacts and for emails (broadcast emails, etc). Contact management was easy to follow and use. I really appreciated the training videos. The chat support has always been very helpful when needed.

Cons

Email templates were okay. . just okay, but customizable. Over the last couple of years, I anticipated more of a variety added that what has been. Pricing is okay. This is where I recommend that you know what you need and compare to pricing of other packages. You will find that EngageBay is competitive (I have the all in one), but I have to ask what I really use and need for the price. Also, be aware that the amount of emails to send are limited when you first start and you have to 'warm up'. I did not realize that and it delayed some aspects for me.

HubSpot Marketing Hub and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay CRM

Number of contacts for the price

Price
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 3/11/2023

I'm really like my EngageBay CRM

I've been using EngageBay CRM for two years, and I'm very happy with the app. It has helped me improve my CRM significantly.
I love that EngageBay CRM is easy to use. The user interface is simple and easy to understand, making it easy to navigate between pages and functions

Pros

The app provides a range of reports and analytics that help users better understand their data

Cons

Customer support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, but may not be enough for companies that need immediate help. For example, phone customer support or live chat may not be available