About Pirate Ship

Pirate Ship is a cloud-based shipping management solution that helps small businesses manage and streamline all processes related to purchasing and printing of shipping labels. The centralized platform lets users search shipments,...

4.8

Browse Pirate Ship Reviews

Jonathan
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 11/09/2021

Argh! Pirate Ship Is a Treasure!

Pros

We have been using Pirate Ship for labels for the past two years and have had a very good experience. You get labels at a discounted rate quick and easily.

The support team is awesome and pretty quick, they are always making pirate-related puns.

Cons

Since there is no monthly subscription fee like their competitors, support is not as comprehensive but still, their fun energy makes up for it.

Shippo

Jonathan
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 11/07/2022

Pirate ship has made my life super easy

I describe my experience with pirate ship to be excellent and I recommend it if you do not listen to my recommendation you are a fool

Pros

Don’t be an idiot this pirate ship is the best ad on the market it is a must have

Cons

I cannot say nothing bad about this cause I have enjoyed how simple is Ben to use

Marilyn

Reviewed on 7/07/2022

Do not purchase insurance…..it does not exist and will not pay with a losd

Frustrated…

Pros

I am ver unhappy with pirate ship…no ability to contact except through silly cartoon characters
Great if everything is perfect
Nothing is perfect. So when there is a problem no resolution or people to contact

Cons

The app has no live contact no address to send info to and does not give ant contact information when there is a problem. With a loss and insurance purchased they run out the clock and do not pay

Top Pirate Ship Alternatives

Satin
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 3/05/2022

Smooth Sailing

My overall experience with the Pirate Ship has been smooth sailing (pun intended). Pirate Ship is easy to use and is very transparent. I also love the fact that I can import orders from my Shopify store into Pirate Ship in order to print labels as well as create labels for packages outside of my Shopify store.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it integrates with my Shopify store, shipping rates are affordable and printing labels are made easy.

Cons

What I like least about this software is if any errors are made with shipping labels, instead of being reimbursed immediately or being able to correct and reprint labels, you have to wait at least 30 days in order to prove that the shipping label was not utilized.

Shopify

Reasons for Choosing Pirate Ship

I made the switch from Shopify because I was losing money by shipping products, based on the fact that Shopify did not have the best rates. I also made the switch because instead of being charged immediately after purchasing labels, they were charged to my Shopify bill, which resulted in high monthly bills.

Reasons for Switching to Pirate Ship

After learning that utilizing Shopify’s shipping option was not the best for me financially, I switched to Pirate Ship.
Jimmy

Reviewed on 12/07/2022

I am highly recommanded to use Priate ship

Pros

This web base Priate ship shipping service one of the kind. I love it so much.

Cons

I don't have any issue with this company.

Starrsha

Reviewed on 31/07/2022

Pirate ship makes shipping easy and cheaper!

Pros

Everything! The ease of use, tracking, lower cost, it’s all there to make it convenient.

Cons

I don’t like that you can’t print multiple labels at once. This feature may be there, but I just haven’t found it yet.

bridgette

Reviewed on 13/06/2022

Trust Pirate Ship; save loot.

I feel using Pirate Ship has elevated my business in many ways.

Pros

There are so many amazing features with this software. The integration process took all of three minutes. There is nothing complicated to understand about this software. You simply sign up and print your labels. The customer service is superior and so is the quality of the shipping labels.

Cons

I have shipped many products and they all arrive on time with no issues.

Holly

Reviewed on 13/07/2022

I love the professional manner of Pirate Ship

The shipping and delivery times seem to be more accurate

Pros

I like that its a one stop shop for labels, shipping and tracking. It's affordable and professional.

Cons

I cant say there are any aspects I like the least.

Jayden

Reviewed on 7/07/2022

Engineer’s Perspective

A great way to ship items. Very affordable and reliable.

Pros

The ease of finding inexpensive shipping options for all around the US.

Cons

Not having all size packages like really small bags instead of envelopes.

Ben
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 10/07/2022

Great software to fulfil orders and get cheap shipping rates!

Pros

They provide fantastic follow-up and customer care, and they even manage to make it enjoyable. I wish I had discovered this sooner.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is that you have to wait at least 30 days to prove that a shipping label was not used, as opposed to being refunded right away or being able to amend and reprint labels.

Kelly

Reviewed on 14/04/2021

Cheap Shipping, Excellent Customer Service

Overall I had a great experience with Pirate Ship and their customer service is top notch!

Pros

I run several ecommerce websites and I needed a shipping software that would pull orders in from each place, and some marketplaces so that I could run an efficient shipping department. Pirate Ship did that for me. Unfortunately, there was some sort of server level firewall issue with one of my WordPress sites that started blocking the connection. The Pirate Ship customer service team was amazing! They spent a lot of time helping me figure out the issue and explaining what was happening. In the end, it was something my ISP needed to fix and they weren't able to isolate the problem so I had to switch to a different shipping software. I was sad because it's rate to find a company that goes above and beyond like the Pirate Ship team did. I'm hoping I will be able to use them again in the future.

Cons

The issue I had wasn't with the software but with my ISP. It was blocking the connection and kept dropping the feed of orders.

ShipStation

Reasons for Choosing Pirate Ship

I initially made the switch because stamps.com had monthly fees and the interface was clunky.

Reasons for Switching to Pirate Ship

Pirate Ship did not have monthly fees and the shipping prices were good.
Shannon
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 9/09/2020

Pirate Ship is changing the game!!!

Was researching shipping label printers to buy, saw a review/how to video about PirateShip, went to the site to see if it really was free. Saw they had also recommended the label printer I was interested in. Once said printer arrived at my home and I set it up I went straight to PirateShip to give it a try. BECAUSE I had a feeling it would truly be the easiest way to test out the new printer and it was. It was so easy! I went from messing around to getting all my orders labeled in one sitting.

Pros

This is my THIRD time writing this review because Capterra keeps freezing at the end and then deleting everything I wrote. So if the fact that I'm writing this again because I think PirateShip is so great and deserve all the extra work, isn't proof enough of my love for them then I don't know that my words ever will be.

What I like most, is the ease of use, the affordability, the export rate for international shipping, the customer support with their punny pirate quips and funny gifs. All of it!

Cons

Cons? No cons, there are no cons here. Unless you DON'T like fast, genuine and proactive customer support, in which case, let's be honest, your life is the real con here.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 18/02/2021

Best Shipping Software for Small Businesses

Overall, best bang for your buck! No monthly charges and you still qualify for commercial shipping rates.

Pros

For USPS shipments, this is by far the best software I've used for my small business. No monthly fees and I still get discounted shipping rates equal to other shipping software systems. Additionally, they offer Priority Cubic, a rate that the previous shipping softwares we used didn't offer. Easy to set up, easy to manage and easy to use.

Cons

The only downside is their API integration into some big platforms. They offer Ebay, Etsy and Woocommerce among others. However, they aren't setup to integrate with Amazon. Not a huge deal, more like a minor inconvenience as it requires you to cut and paste to do a single label. Again, not a deal breaker for businesses on multiple platforms unless your entire business is on Amazon.

Philshaunda

Reviewed on 15/02/2021

LOVE LOVE LOVE

I absolutely love pirate ship and have recommended it to several of my friends who need to ship stuff.

Pros

Easy to navigate and ship products. I also love that I have the ability to track packages to see when they arrive to their destination.

Cons

I always seem to get tripped up on how to add a group of addresses to ship stuff to. I am sure this is user error though.

ShipStation

Reasons for Choosing Pirate Ship

Stamps.com was charging me to use the service, even if I didn't ship anything in that month. It was horrible.

Cost, and ease of use.
Bonnie

Reviewed on 1/02/2021

So Far GREAT GREAT GREAT

So far so good. I love it.

Pros

Same Discount pricing as the Pay For Shipping Companies with more features and no monthly service fee. Hidden Postage, scan sheets, Scheduling pick up. Transaction History with Balances, Top States you ship to, availability to add funds and have them auto add when low. Be sure to use this feature so you won't have a lot of little charges to your credit card. Great Customer support, very fast and super friendly. On Labels, you can print out and if you have a problem with printer, you can also download the label, Or use reprint. On Stamps.com If I could only use reprint once. Then charge again. Pirate Ship is only for USPS, however if you need to ship UPS, UPS rates are cheaper if you use UPS.com and use a coupon code. Cheaper than I used on Stamps.com. After over 10 years with Stamps.com I've had enough with bad customer service and problems. So Glad I found Pirate Ship!

Cons

I love all the features, nothing I like least

Joseph

Reviewed on 26/08/2021

Love Pirate Ship, Rrrr Matey

Overall, experience has been great. Customer service is responsive and downtime is only limited to USPS. Have recommended to colleagues.

Pros

No monthly fee, customizing of labels (especially generating return labels) is extremely easy. Saving templates also saves us a lot of time.

Cons

Does not integrate with Zapier. Once it does, I will have 0 complaints or suggestions.

ShippingEasy and Shippo

Reasons for Choosing Pirate Ship

Price, ability to print return labels easily.

Reasons for Switching to Pirate Ship

Ease of return label printing.
Jackie

Reviewed on 29/06/2018

Very happy to have found PirateShip ; suits my shipping needs extremely well.

Etsy marketplace has changed their billing system to pay-as-you-go. I would rather prepay via Credit or Debit Card to earn rewards with my card. This was the impetus for finding PirateShip and it is suiting my needs very well on a daily basis.

Pros

- It's FREE!
- You get the same great postal discount the marketplace sites are hyping as their 'exclusive user rate' without being tied to their site's billing protocol.
- It IS, however, integrated with the big marketplaces, so you can import your orders directly from them to PirateShip to use PirateShip's labels.
- You get a dashboard on your home page that shows all your purchased labels, sorted by recency, and it includes the name, tracking number, delivery date and time.
- Site supports many printers as well as older Zebra thermals, like the popular LP-2488-Z.
- Customer support is fairly quick to respond via the Chat interface. (usually within 5 minutes).
- You can prepay in an increment that YOU select (and there are number to pick from) , or pay as you go for each shipping label. And you can check your balance anytime in the Reports section.

Cons

- Slight learning curve in how to use the site. I fumbled my first label by allowing PirateShip to use the specs that came from the Marketplace and the weight was incorrect. Now, I am more observant and watch the weight before I print the label.
- If you choose to import the customer data from Etsy, PirateShip will automatically send the tracking number back into the Etsy transaction so you don't have to. This is great - except when you make an error on the shipping label and need to cancel the label and buy a 2nd one; there is no way (at this time) to delete the incorrect label information from the 1st label. It might confuse the buyer on Etsy, and you may have to write an explanation to them if it does.

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

Great for small businesses

Pros

Pirate Ship was suggested to me because I was getting frustrated about shipping costs outside of paypal and PayPal has started to restrict your use of their labels unless the transaction went immediately through them. As an artist who sells merch, this was frustrating. Pirate Ship has comparable rates which is awesome, and their interface is much easier to use. PLUS, I found out they have microshipping for Global shipping, where they can activate much lower rates for your international order. To my knowledge, they're the only free shipping site who can do this.

Cons

My only con is that the global shipping perk is something I had to figure out from a friend and message them about as it's not set by default nor is it easy to find information on.

Reasons for Choosing Pirate Ship

PayPal didn't let me ship products that weren't sent through them.

PayPal Invoicing

Pirate Ship is free.
Brian
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 10/03/2019

Make your other shipping portals walk the plank

Incredibly responsive support, always on live chat, and they manage expectations (we are back in 10-15 min, here are some limitations, heres the company roadmap). Really a fantastic company and set of guys, and I'm excited to see where they take this company.

OR, in pirate speak,

Ye mateys always be hoisting a flag when we bring the ship in for repairs, always have a pirate posted to scribe out answers when we leave our brains out at sea, and keep us happy when we are ready to make people walk ye old plank. Great set of plundering fools who deserve all the grog and mead and wenches available, and am excited to see where they cast anchor in the future with the shipping ship, as we would follow them across the seas to plunder where they go!

Pros

Ease of use, and savings. Hands down doing side by comparisons, there are significant savings. Also, being able to use the cubic priority function of USPS has been a breeze, and I don't have extra steps to confirm for "delivery." One recent shipment was ~$150 on another platform, and <$100 on PirateShip.

SCAN forms for EOD are super easy to find and print, and have made my life a breeze.

The individual tracking right now for packages really goes above and beyond what I have seen in the past, and really like the interface on a package level.

Cons

No real funcitonal complaints, and definetly nothing that would make me change.

Just my $.02 from using it, and this is mostly because I'm lazy:

- Push notifications when packages have been delivered in browser or through notification center (personal preference)
- App for on the go tracking (personal preference, since I'm not always at the office)
- Amazon integration, but I have reached out to the team, and it should be released soon. Again, I'm transferring things manually, but the time it takes to do it manual (just a few min) REALLY makes it worth it when I saw how much time I was saving.

Truman

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

The best

While it is either the least expensive or tied for least expensive, the ease of use makes it my first choice for printing postage.

Pros

Very easy to use. Plus: it has an auto-fill on address: you type in part of an address and it shows all the possibilities for the correct complete address. If one matches the one you're looking for, you can have it automatically fill in. This is particularly useful for the sometimes-confusing addresses in England or Japan.

Cons

No problems - no complaints; I can't say anything bad about it because I can't think of anything bad about it.

Much easier to use

No cash outlay
Coty
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

Outstanding product with the best customer service!

Pirate Ship has made bulk shipping, single shipping, and international shipping a breeze! Customer service through them is second to none, and I would highly recommend everyone to give them a chance!

Pros

First and foremost, I love the cost. Pirate Ship offers THE BEST prices around to ship, even compared to eBay and PayPal shipping costs when I ship through my store. The customer service is the best you can ever ask for. During the sign up and registration, they were there for me nonstop, every step of the way to make sure I had all of the help I needed!

Cons

There aren't many cons about this company, aside from sometimes the prices aren't cheaper, but only by a few cents to a dollar in difference.

Alyssa

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

Love pirate ship

Pros

I like that i can ship items out for my business and i don't have to pay a monthly fee. I was with another company for years and you had to pay a fee. I like this company because you don't. I also like that they try to get you the cheapest shipping rates possible.

Cons

There is nothing that i don't like about pirate ship.

Reasons for Choosing Pirate Ship

There was a monthly fee for stamps.com and there is no fee for pirate ship.

Reasons for Switching to Pirate Ship

There is no monthly fee for pirate ship and they try to get the best possible rates for shipping.
jonathan
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 8/02/2021

Perfect solution for small, home-based users

I've always shipped through USPS click-and-ship (simple at-home print, but $$$ and no FCM), or PayPal (lower rates, cumbersome interface), or ebay (low rates, good integration, but only for ebay). I was unwilling to pay monthly rates for occasional or low-volume FCM, most times I would just pay the higher Priority rate for the convenience of not waiting inline at the post office. Pirate Ship has me finding things to sell and ship, just because it's so easy. Thanks for your money saving "insider" tips, and simple yet comprehensive interface.

Pros

Setup and initial use was totally intuitive. The ebay integration was dead-simple (the only one I've used so far). I love the pass-through savings for FCM and priority with no per-month cost. And their videos/tips on how to save $$$ for novice shippers (I'm one), adds immediate value and lowers the bar for entry of new shippers.

Cons

A very minor feature request that only emerged after observing just how useful their "reports" tab is. Would be great to customize the reports dashboard to only display (or change the order/layout) of the data fields that are most important tot he individual user.

Reasons for Choosing Pirate Ship

Waaaay simpler and better rates.

Reasons for Switching to Pirate Ship

No subscription fee or specialized equipment needed.

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

I used to hate shipping labels now I love them, and save money while at it!

Ever since I started shipping with Pirate Ship I started saving money, by far, period. They have a variety of discounted rates not available through Ebay shipping labels. I can't believe how much money I literally threw away with Ebay labels. I have been using PS for about two years now and I remember only having an issue with an international label that for some reason didn't appear on my orders list, well I contacted PS and in minutes, literally minutes I had a real person (with eye patch and wooden leg I assume) in a chat window and informed me that Ebay was having some issues with International orders. Every time I have needed customer support they have been there for me. I always insure my shipments, I have only once had to make a claim because USPS was rough with my packages and the PS staff assisted me all the way through with the claim and it all got resolved to my satisfaction.

Pros

Easy of use like no other I have tried before it. It simply works, never crashes, always shows my orders as it should.

Cons

no support for FedEx, only USPS, which is fine as I mostly use USPS but it'll be nice not to have to use the overly chaotic FedEx website.

ROB
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

Ahoy Mate, this be the finest Ship in ye postal yard!

I absolutely adore Pirateship and what it offers. Everything is well thought-out, it has efficiently-producing features (intuitive import mapping, rubber stamps, per-label tracking, end-user notification), the business model makes it *FREE* for end-users to use.

What's not to like? I'm so thankful this company/product exists!!! YAY!

My parrot, Simon, agrees. (as he lifts his head high, and declares "I am a pirate... ARRRRRR!")

Pros

1 -- FUN!! I smile every time I sign in!
2 -- Saved profiles -- it remembers your frequently used profiles to make one-off shipping simple!
3 -- Shows all options to find the best rate, applying Media discounts, and estimating times!
4 -- IMPORT Mapping -- that works! Although it doesn't do well with multi-tabbed worksheets, it imports single-tabs great, with an integrated field-mapping interface to make multi-order shipping so simple!
5 -- Automatic Per-Label Tracking! Their system, behind the scenes, polls USPS tracking data, so for your batch shipments you can see what % has been delivered, and where each individual package is! BRILLIANT, useful, and well thought out!
6 -- RUBBER Stamps! Labels can have custom "rubber stamps" (text) that prints on the label. We use this to help describe what goes in each package during our packing process.
7 -- Recipient Notification -- At a designated time, it'll automatically e-mail all the recipients to let them know a shipment is coming.. sweet!

Cons

- Would like to see support for multi-sheet excel workbooks.
- Would love to be able to print my own JPG/PNG logo in the return-address section