About Miro

Miro is a cloud-based collaboration tool for small to midsize businesses. The solution features a digital whiteboard that can be used for research, ideation, building customer journeys and user story maps, wireframing and a range...

Browse Miro Reviews

João C. João C.

Reviewed on 6/08/2021

Lifesafer since we all add to work remotely

It was a lifesaver on my team remote work, I'm so happy with this tool that even if we go back to the office I will still going to use it

Pros

ease of use, learnability, collaboration features, integrations, and community templates and help

Cons

there are some minor bugs when using the text tool (on copy and pasting, when we need to use the spell checker), either than that I don't have any complaints

Mural

Reasons for Switching to Miro

I've liked it from the first time I've used Miro, after some time I had to use Mural for a client project and my experience was significantly lower
Anderson A. Anderson A.

The best whiteboard

The Miro is the best virtual whiteboard. Fantastic tool for any type of work. For example to quickly design a software architecture and share it with everyone at a meet.

Pros

The power and ease of sharing ideas to an agile squad.

Cons

Have more models of visual objects and variations of objects.

Yahya A. Yahya A.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 25/08/2021

Best sketch board platform I've used

I've been using miro for more than a year now, and it helped me a lot in my projects repports which have many diagrams to make.

Pros

I has all the features that I need at work, like adding photos and exporting boards
The premium version has very powerfull tools like video chat and voting.
I will not search for another sketchboard website because this the best one

Cons

I want to export my images with a transparent background, I think this is missing

Top Miro Alternatives

Syamir K. Syamir K.

Reviewed on 9/02/2021

Flexible digital whiteboard

My team and I has produce numerous idea and and planning our project process with the help of Miro. Miro also is a good additional software whenever we have an online meeting and let everyone draw to the whiteboard and sharing ideas to improve the meeting process visually.

Pros

Miro is providing a vast range of template for the whiteboard that can compliment my whiteboard objective. Planning, brain storming session and discussion with my colleague has really improved as we can chatting with each other when using the whiteboard. Everyone on the board will be assign with their representative color so we can distinguished which member editing and altering the board.

Cons

There are limit of the whiteboard size that we can use to drawn or adding shapes to the board. If we exceeding the board size, i need to create a new board and can't combine the board. There are also no password that can be assign to the whiteboard to protect it from get edited or deleted by anonymous user.

Sohaib A. Sohaib A.
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 21/07/2021

Simply the best whiteboard software available

It's an easy to use collaborative whiteboard software. It's great for creating mindmaps, jotting down ideas or even planning. We always try to use Miro asap in any meeting rather than discussing theoretical - visualising it makes sure everyone in the team is on the same page and Miro makes it so easy to do that.

Pros

The templates are incredibly helpful. There is just so much variety and all expertly done. Saves you so much time having to think about what kind of diagram is best for the ideas you're discussing with the team. In our team now, we've started to choose Miro over a physical whiteboard.

Miro is also incredibly dynamic - you can do everything from mindmaps to wireframes. It's great to have everything in one single place.

Miro also makes sharing really easy; from team members, guests to public. It is very easy to set different permission levels and also revoke them when required. Makes sure any sensitive information isn't available for too long.

Cons

Nothing majorly. I've had a couple of hick-ups previously and the Miro team took a while to respond - there doesn't seem to be a live customer service so that would be good to have. But they're always adding new features and improving the platform. Not had any issues now for a long time.

Spartak A. Spartak A.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 11/01/2020

Miro - online service of my wet dreams

I work on product marketing and menu development in fast growing international Dodo Pizza chain.
Miro help me to:
1. Manage our menu position, their relations, groups of product
2. Manage the ingredients (photo, price, descriptions)
3. Create new recipes - much easier when you all ingredients visually in front of you at the same time
4. Create a marketing campaign for products - marketing materials and references, photos, videos, collages for designers, marketing channels and the actual pictures of other stuff that will be used in that channel
5. Design a new restaurant - all visual references for decoration, equipment, layout of the kitchen, all inventory references.

New store+menu+marketing projects are HUGE, Miro helps to gather all the small details together, keeping all my team members on the same page at the same time.

It is absolutely vital to have all visual and strategy mindmap info in front of your eyes, and to able to update it easily. Miro is the best platform for this.

Pros

So lets start with what I like:
1. Miro is the best thing for mindmapping projects and strategies
2. Easy to add multiple images and make some small but necessary editing
3. Super cool for vusial analysis. My job includes menu analysis of QSR chains, Miro make it much easier, a billion times more efficient tool that others

Cons

Cons:
1. Tables are available but editing mechanics is 3/5, need to be improved.
2. Hard (or even impossible) to add videos on your Miro board, thus its not easy to make fully packed reference board for let's say your product or project, or even presentation

Manabu T. Manabu T.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

Great Way to Visually Collaborate and Link to Specific Spots in a Page

We have some basic need to communicate the UI designs in our web-based app we are developing and doing this visually, dynamically across our plant is essential in the speed and accuracy of development as well as having the history as we are in a most highly regulated Healthcare industry.

Pros

We really like the way to visually collaborate among our develop team members. This so far is the most advanced in many drawing type products I have used before. Also enormously powerful is that about any object on the page can have a link. This means that I can pin-point and lead people to the specific spot or from another page when the pages get huge.

Cons

Sometimes the product slows down when we have many objects on the page. The "app" is great, but it is hard to use with multiple oAuth accounts. There seems to be no effortless way of completely logging out of one oAuth account. We had the same issue on our own app we developed, so this is a common issue, but that must be addressed.

Predrag S. Predrag S.
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

Consultant using Consultant plan

I've join Miro in order to collaborate with my clients online, but it over exceed my expectations and Miro became my daily companion in brainstorming my own ideas. Sometimes, during my mapping, I forget that I'm working on the screen instead of real wall.

Pros

Graphic solution for sticky notes is almost perfect and realistic it is pleasure working in Miro Boards.
Shared screen does exactly what is promised, my clients just have to click on the emailed link in order to join my board.
Video and voice options related to mapping software are probably the best value for money at the moment on the market.

Cons

Blurred view when is zoomed out and turned the image into an aerial view, to be more precise, I have to zoom in to the sticky particular sticky notes in order not to be blurred view which makes concentration high on the board instead on the idea which is discussing among the participants.
I'm not the happiest about the solution for lining up sticky notes, the Lucidchart offers somehow better solution.
There could be a template for House of Quality or QFD with formulas, I would pay some extra penny :)

Juliane Z. Juliane Z.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 3/08/2021

Game change

All in all Miro has changed the way I work and interact with my students. I use the platform 8 hours a day and I am just in love with it, mainly now that Zoom and Miro are integrated.
Considering the fact that Miro was not planned for language teachers use, it is a great tool.

Pros

What I like the most about the software is the fact that my clients can have free access to every single class I have ever taught them and they can interact and send me their doubts at any time of the day. The templates I have easily created using the customized dashboard changed completely the way I teach my students. I can use a variety of tool as kaban, mind map and others that allow me to teach more exciting class.

Cons

What I like the least about Miro is the fact that the platform does not allow me to add MP3n files to my boards, which would make my classes even more atractive.

Blackboard Learn and CANVAS

Reasons for Switching to Miro

I chose Miro because I teach one-to-one classes and all the other boards kind of followed a standardized tool which would make my lessons look the same and that`s not the way I teach.

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

Super quick to learn and get value.

From day 1, this product has solved so many issues for me in tra slating and collaborating with clients. Highly recommend.

Pros

Miro is super easy to use even for the most non tech oriented. Easily map out ideas, translate complex ideas into actionable images... it's a blank canvas. Virtual whiteboarding at its best.

Cons

The Asana integratuion isn't ideal but I think it's more Asana's limited API so no big points off for that.

Ahmet can K. Ahmet can K.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 3/08/2021

It's too much expensive

It's a unique tool to have around when you deal with creative processes however it's too costly to upgrade and you can't expend your usage throughout your business.

Pros

I generally like the idea of having a canvas where we can freely work aND see the whole work in one look. Other than that, there're great templates to play with and they help greatly when you don't know how to work. I also like that everyone can work at the same time and it works smoothly.

Cons

It's too way much expensive. Just because of it's price, I tended to look for other software what miro tries to do but not as good as miro. Although we appreciate as a studio and would like to continue using in business levels, we look for other options.

Rather than price, interface is not smooth as expected from it's work environment. You accidentally move lots of thing and takes too much time to correct what you've done. I don't understand why we can't lock everything...

Israel C. Israel C.
  • Industry: E-Learning
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 9/08/2021

Best whiteboard tool out there

Pros

I was introduced to Miro by a colleague, I was familiar with other whiteboard tools on the market but Miro won me over. It has the best features of the other tools I had tested.

And their Free trial is very generous, it always happens to me that when I start on a new company I want to start using a digital whiteboard and it's great to have the free trial to show how it works before making the commitment.

Cons

I haven't explored the integrations yet but so far I haven't seen any weaknesses (using less than 6 months)

Shravan kumar N. Shravan kumar N.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 7/08/2021

Need of the hour

Its definitely need of the hour.
Working remotely and integrated is the key USP of Miro. I strongly feel, you have achieved only 20% ~ of the possibility.
You may explore more on AI dashboards, connected with Tasks management, Schedule management, Accountability management and more.
I would be more than happy to participate on your features improvement.

Pros

1. Interactive
2. Mind map, connecting to the issues
3. Graphical presentation _ Clean and simple
4. Flexibility to create own graphics and Templates

Cons

1. The very idea of Creating accountability is not achieved even close:
a. No dynamic time track
b. No effective task integration (Kanban sucks)
c. No connection between 2 boards of Miro

Werner H. Werner H.

Reviewed on 10/08/2021

Love at first click

Pros

It's for sure themost intuitiv service I used in the last years. Things work out like you think they should. Nearly every interesting service connection to outside services already exist. It is super stable, supports collaboration perfectly and is usable inside MS Teams, on my iPad, iPhone and Laptop. Love it!

Cons

Nothing.

Mural
Christophe N. Christophe N.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 6/10/2020

Miro - One of my essential tool

One day as I was trying to put many ideas and document in order, I thought about a system with an infinite whiteboard. I typed in the research on google and out of magic, RealTime Board (Miro's former name) came up. I downloaded it and I was instantly convinced this was exactly what I needed.

Pros

Great tool for brainstorming or throwing ideas here and there, knowing that one day you will need them without knowing exactly when or why.
I use Miro for many things such as wireframes for websites or solution building, mind mapping or sometimes even to create infographics.
I use it a lot for my pitch decks as well.

Cons

Since RealtimeBoard changed to Miro, it gained a lot in features but somehow start being a bit confusing. It is still very intuitive but yet something seems off and I am not so sure why.
Both RealtimeBoard and Miro lack of a nice branding (IMO). Although the interface is nice and the overall atmosphere seems quite friendly, it still feels cold and it doesn't really pushes me to use the software more often.
As a counter-example, I use Canva and Freshbooks a lot and while both are solving tasks that I really dislike (pitches and accounting), I really enjoy using their tool. And that's, for me the biggest low point of Miro.

Merlin D. Merlin D.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 2/04/2020

Best in class digital collaboration tool

My preferred tool for all virtual collaborations. Highly recommended

Pros

infinite whiteboard, unlimited users, great functions and features, just wish it better integrated with web conferencing facilities

Cons

Really no major complaints. The free hand draw function is not quite as good as Invision Freehand (for example), but overall Miro is my preferred tool.

• Industry: Research

Reviewed on 5/08/2021

Fantastic for remote teams

Pros

Really find Miro indispensable tool for my research team that is spread around the globe. Too many features to note, but what i love most is that the product keeps evolving and responding to what users want. Love the music whilst people are doing tasks, just small touches like that.

Cons

Few things but i wish you could send specific links to invitees, so i can keep track of who is accessing what documents and spaces.

Alina S. Alina S.

Reviewed on 13/08/2021

Managing the resources in Miro

I adore miro and find it extremely easy to use collaboratively

Pros

The miro board is a great organizing tool able to stock and preserve an enormous amount of the materials with comments links to video and audio files. It is easy to download and open pdf materials which will be ready for your notes in the same form as you left them

Cons

It is a bit complicated to download audio files as they have to be stored in the web

Jash M. Jash M.
  • Industry: Design

Miro or nothing

Pros

It lets me create easy mindmaps and helps me brainstorm on things quite easily. All the tools are well organized and easily accessible at all times. Even the templates are very helpful when making decisions about certain things. Overall it is great software to use!

Cons

In the free version, making only 3 boards seem a little less. I usually have problems when I share my boards with my team and later it does not allow me to edit because it has more than three editors now. If this problem can be managed, I would be really grateful.

Mariia V. Mariia V.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 20/07/2018

For a big ideas with detailed approach

Pros

It is amazing instrument to discover how easy you can realize your vision, how fast and clear your process will be represented. All you need is here without any kind of borders, just you and your ideas.
- Simple solutions for a difficult tasks: for designer, for business analitical, for a developer - you can build a schemes, organaze your workflow for a project and more, add links and references, images, all your want for expanding your creative field.
- Amazing zoom - any type of a scale - for big ideas with detailed approach;
- Simple steps for regisrtation and share.

Cons

It is about how interesting your work flow can be. How many elements in your project integrated. You can systemise information, clarifying tasks, find new approaches. Your investigation can be almost touchable. That is all develop your ideas more and more.

Megan F. Megan F.

Reviewed on 15/04/2021

Can't imagine our company without it

Pros

We love how easy it was to get started on the software. The features are very intuitive to use and start drafting flowcharts and organizing thoughts quickly. We love the templates the most because it helps inspire us to use the tool for more than just flowcharts.

Cons

The only thing would be the way we are able to organize the boards. If we could have a more robust filing and organizing system.

Rodrigo P. Rodrigo P.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 15/09/2021

Overall great, but lacking some basics

I use it every day in my consulting practice, it is always a great tool to plan with the clients.

Pros

It is definitely the best whiteboard for meetings in the market. With lots of innovations every month.
The templates are awesome and updated.

Cons

The worst part of Miro is the organization of the boards, three features needs to be addressed as fast as possible:

1. Drag and Drop the canvas into the projects
2. Tags
3. A snapshot of the content done automatically

Mia C. Mia C.

Reviewed on 9/10/2020

Mind blowing collaboration tool

I used to create graphics in Photoshop or Illustrator to share with my organization. Every time there would be a change of content, they'd have to wait on me to make the necessary adjustments. Now that everything is in Miro, I can design the graphics, and if there are any content changes, my coworkers can make them themselves.

Pros

Every time I use Miro, I'm blown away with its collaboration capabilities. Seeing my colleagues' actions in realtime are a game changer now that we're all working remotely. The ease of use, flexibility and functions make this our new go-to tool for visualizing information.

Cons

It's a little heavy. I often have 2-3 Miro tabs open at once and my computer significantly slows down,

• Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

Map out journeys on Miro

Our company is pretty satisfied with Miro. It's a good tool for mapping out certain processes.

Pros

As mentioned in my title, Miro is used to draw various flows in our company. Examples of these are customer journeys and risk processes among others. Miro is very graphical, with various colored post its. It is also highly collaborative as you can add more than 20 users to a single project for commenting.

Cons

What I dislike the most is that it doesn't seem to have a presentation mode. When I plug my computer to the big screen, I need to zoom the project in and out just to show it to an audience. I also dislike how I keep hitting the maximum number of users.

Benjamin G. Benjamin G.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 6/10/2021

From the eyes of a business design workshop

Pros

The collaborative aspect of the tool, and the ease of building tools.

Cons

I wish there was an ability to download and work on this project offline.