About InventoryCloud

Wasp Inventory Control is designed specifically for small businesses. The system includes key features such as real-time functionality, barcode creation for all inventory, auditing and cycle counts, managing minimum and maximum...

4.2

Browse InventoryCloud Reviews

Courtney W.

Reviewed on 3/06/2022

Great Inventory Program

Pros

This product has allowed us to keep track of not only our inventory count but also provides reports that allow us to track expiration dates, purchase/receive turn around times, and so much more. It also has the capability for you to build reports that tracks data you deem important. It is easy to use and even easier to set up once you get it going. I love the fact that I can access this program anywhere, including on my phone, in case there is an emergency or someone is confused and calls for help.

Cons

Overall I really do like this program, there is only one real Con I can think. We had our data imported from an older WASP Inventory program that was having lots of issues before we booted it. While all of the data crossed over, in order to fully utilize the unit function I basically had to delete the product and rebuild it. It would be nice if the program allowed to make unit changes without having to start over.

Response from Wasp Barcode Technologies

We appreciate your feedback explaining how InventoryCloud allows you to keep track of not only your inventory count but also provides you with reports that allow you to track expiration dates. Glad to hear that the solution meets your needs and provides great value.

Greg K.

Reviewed on 17/05/2022

SOM DAR Review

Pros

The product is easy to use. We heavly use the report creation.scheduling feactures.

Cons

Turnover is a constant issue. Like to see more efforts on job aids

Response from Wasp Barcode Technologies

Thanks Greg for confirming that InventoryCloud is easy to use. Do know that we have recently added additional job aids to our website to make getting started even easier.

Replied 18/05/2022
Trent S.
  • Industry: Food Production

WASP Inventory Review

Over all my experience with WASP has been quite frustrating. I have had very hard times contacting customer support, and when there is an error that doesn't seem to make sense, getting in contact with customer support makes it feel even more impossible. I do however like the ease of use, it's very user friendly from a visible standpoint and doesn't deter new users like other inventory softwares do. WASP is perfect for small businesses with minimal moving parts that need basic inventory tracking at a fair price. Only with larger businesses will you see WASP's functionality decline. For our business, we believe we have exceeded WASP's capabilities.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is easy to introduce new users too. The interface is simple and easy to understand for people who may have not used an inventory system before. The design on the handheld devices is easily digestible and doesn't discourage new users because of its simple and familiar feeling interface.

Cons

Barcode customization and tracking has been incredibly painstaking to use. Many customization features are not easily available, even something as simple as adjusting the size of a barcode. The search features, while available, are very difficult to understand. Filtering the search items only further complicates the search itself. It would be nice if there was a filter just to see a single days moves, or if there is an existing filter for this, for it to be more obvious to the user.

Top InventoryCloud Alternatives

Brodie F.

Reviewed on 2/03/2022

Easy to customise

It is a great system with multiple features to assist many different industries, you are going to have small issues with in any OS.

Pros

Once you get the system set up to your needs and how to efficiently operate it, it is easy and quick to do your day to day tasks at any level. It's great to be able to access your information from anywhere.

Cons

if there is any network interference during any transaction type you will loose your progress. The other the issue i have is there are times when you will complete a transaction but the system wont register the transaction.

Response from Wasp Barcode Technologies

Brodie, thanks for your insightful comments. We are pleased to hear that you find InventoryCloud as easy to customize.

Replied 10/03/2022
Darren H.

Reviewed on 7/06/2022

Comprehensive Inventory Solution

Getting to know it better and it's proving more useful the more we implement it.

Pros

It does everything we need it to and gives us accurate reporting

Cons

Overly complex, not easy to learn. Takes a skilled and dedicated person to keep it up and running.

Response from Wasp Barcode Technologies

Glad to hear that InventoryCloud has everything you need to perform accurate reporting. Do know that we have now made it even easier to learn all of the capabilities of this solution by adding Quickstart and self-learn videos on our website.

Replied 13/06/2022
Jasmine G.
  • Industry: Sports
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 10/06/2022

Great and Easy Product

Really great experience, we will likely purchase the product as I found it easy to use and met my needs without very much trouble. I also like how it looks, that may not matter to some people, but the aesthetic is pleasing and really clean without much noise.

Pros

I found that the product was incredibly easy to use and learn. The "how to" docs are easy to follow and were clear. The program isn't bulky like other programs, and it requires very few clicks which is very important to me for a software

Cons

Kits could be somewhat improved by making them movable

Response from Wasp Barcode Technologies

Thanks Jasmine for explaining how easy it is to learn and use InventoryCloud. Do know that we are committed to improving on that experience.

Larry D.
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 7/06/2022

Great Product, Easy to operate

Makes tracking material easier.

Pros

The fast response of Customer Service help

Cons

Editing Reports, BUT customer service is awesome to step in and help out anytime they are needed.

Response from Wasp Barcode Technologies

Thank you Larry for sharing your experience regarding InventoryCloud. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with our customer service. Do know that we are committed to providing you with the very best experience.

Replied 13/06/2022
Luke T.
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 31/05/2022

Inventory cloud review

Pros

- product easy to use once you get the hang of it
- helps to manage our warehouses
- easy to understand

Cons

- servers are slow at times
- only one user can access at a time
- can be finicky

Response from Wasp Barcode Technologies

Hello Luke. Thanks for sharing your comments. Glad to hear that you find InventoryCloud as easy to use. Do know that we have recently improved on the onboarding and learning of the software by adding short, new self-help videos to our website.

Mohammed S.
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 12/05/2022

The best

good for warehousing

Pros

History of each every items is most good thing.

Cons

search by serial number take some time its delay

Response from Wasp Barcode Technologies

Glad to hear that InventoryCloud is meeting your warehousing needs.

Replied 18/05/2022
Angel L.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 3/05/2022

User friendly system

overall the experience is good, system is easy to use, lots of features that can be used, biggest thing is just the ease of being able to navigate

Pros

very well organized, easy to navigate, very user friendly

Cons

sometimes system can lag and take a few seconds to perform a command

Response from Wasp Barcode Technologies

InventoryCloud -- User friendly? Glad to hear you agree, Angel. Thanks for your experience.

Replied 8/05/2022
Anthony C.
  • Industry: Furniture

Great Option for the Price

I helped set up the system and I've been using it for almost 2 years now. It's pretty easy to use and flexible enough to fit most needs. What complaints I have will likely be fixed in the years to come.

Pros

It's easy to set up and use, and has enough features that you could easily manage an inventory of a few thousand SKUs. Organization of the software menus is done well and there are no issues training people to perform the basic functions like scanning items in and out. Being able to redesign your labels and reports is a nice bonus feature I wasn't expecting.

Cons

The mobile app has some issues from time to time and any time I have a question, customer service takes their sweet time.

e-PIC One Enterprise and NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing InventoryCloud

Fishbowl's terrible UI and issues with reports.

Fishbowl

Reasons for Switching to InventoryCloud

Price to feature set ratio. Seemed like the most well-rounded option for the price.
Joseph J.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Pretty Darn Good Bang For Your Buck

Overall great experience, we use this tool daily and it has stream lined our inventory/sales process. It is nice to know what dollar amount of inventory we have at any given time. Being able to track cost across the board is very critical in this age of constant price increases. We really love the mobile app due to the fact we can help our customers on the fly, great job!

Pros

Implementation is a breeze, adding new items to inventory and barcoding is a snap. Your quarterly inventory is just that simple as scan and go. The reporting features are immense and easy to use.

Cons

The search "engine" is a little temperamental and I feel I should just be able to pull up all of my items (about 5000) and just search for them in mass. The pull items from inventory feels "clunky" and not very user friendly. I should not have to jump back and forth between pages to get an item out of my inventory, it should be a "1 stop shop".

Fishbowl, NetSuite and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing InventoryCloud

Sales Office is a powerful tool for quotes, POs and job tracking but is very lacking for inventory management.

Reasons for Switching to InventoryCloud

We had the desktop version of Wasp but it was no longer supported a year or so after we bought it.
Hugo V.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Inventory Cloud

It's been very convinient for us to have the cloud set up, it given us more features / tools to get our orders processed and tracked through our shop down to the end user, It's a must have for any buisness

Pros

I've been using the Wasp Inventory Control for about 5 years now and just upgraded to the Inventory Cloud and it has been much easier to use, also the software gives the user the option of using our mobile devices instead of the scanner in certain cases. One of the best items also provided with the upgrade is the availability of creating your own custom reports very important in tracking your inventory . It's a must have program if you want to make sure all your inventory is squared away..

Cons

Only one real issue I've had is label printing not as easy as the previous version, Creating the label is not the real issue it's having to modify a labels size .. Not user friendly when it comes to label modification. Not a deal breaker.. I do have a work around only because I've been using inventory control for some time now.

Brooke H.
  • Industry: Sports

Texas Christian University Sports Nutrition

I am very satisfied with the overall product and the way we have chosen to utilize this software to control and manage our sports nutrition department and the 500+ food and beverage options we serve our athletes.

Pros

The capability of utilizing the software on an app as we use iPads to input data in various storage locations. I also like the customized reporting option as we set min and maxes to calculate and control reordering quantities.

Cons

That I cannot get alerts for both expiration date warnings as well as min and max alerts. Handheld devices are also finicky with wifi connections.

Clear Spider

Reasons for Switching to InventoryCloud

Because I was able to talk to a real person as opposed to setting up a demo with an automated messenger. Also, Wasp was a local company in Texas.
Michael D.

Reviewed on 15/10/2021

If you are doing inventory by hand, or in Excel, give InventoryCloud a look.

Personally, InventoryCloud has made my live at work INCREDIBLY easier and less stressful. I no longer have to worry about those end of the month hard counts, or if I am running low on inventory. I find InventoryCloud very intuitive, and easy to use. although it may have been difficult getting other workers to understand the software, the company I work for is better because of InventoryCloud.

Pros

When I say that I LOVE this software, it isn't an understatement. This software has changed not just how I do my job, but has changed how the company I work for does inventory. Before InventoryCloud, the company as a whole was doing inventory through Excel. While this worked it was extremely inefficient. with InventoryCloud, checking in, managing, and charging materials to certain projects, couldn't be easier. Monthly hard counts? simplified. Inventory running low? Notifications sent straight to your email. InventoryCloud is well worth it.

Cons

Now, while I said I love this software, that does not mean that there are not things that need work. for example, the barcode scanning, while easy to use, requires a lot of setup. also, it doesn't always scan on the first try, and sometimes you will need to scan a few times. secondly, if you have other people using the software on iPads, like the company that I work for does, the training needed is a lot of work. some workers may have trouble understanding the ins and outs of all of the transactions that can be performed.

Kris R.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 23/07/2015

Waspnest Inventory Control

Pros

Following are the best features of Waspnest product.
1. Easy to understand interface which require no prior knowledge on inventory methods.
2. User friendly and painless backup and restore. This is very critical especially if you are changing from one computer to another. Almost every year we upgrade our laptop. So carrying forward the inventory created is very easy. It takes lots of effort inputting all the inventory all over. Several hours of was saved by this feature.
3. Any type of inventory process will require user involvement. Waspnest product makes this process easy and comfortable to users even with little or no experience in inventory and book keeping.
4.Importing and exporting to/from excel files is very helpful as it is easy to share the list of items with others.

Vendor is very helpful in selecting the right product for our company. The cost of the software is reasonable even for small business to try out.

Cons

Labeling is not clearly explained. Unless you have prior knowledge on UPC codes etc. it will be difficult to work with this feature.
Detailed tutorial will be helpful. Not sure if online video tutorial will be helpful in this regard.

It will helpful if the program prompts duplicate or similar entries to avoid two entries for the same item.

Andrew H.
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 4/08/2021

Good product, but non-pro subscription is limited.

Very usable product. Overall I am happy with the experience.

Pros

The inventory management portions are wonderful. Everything is tracked in real time. Lists of low stock items, soon to expire products, and other tracking metrics work well.

Cons

The search feature is lackluster at best, unusable at worst. The non-pro subscription does not let me customize hardly anything. With a university lab's research budget I cannot afford the extra $5,000 each year for customization. Most things are still doable, but having custom alerts, report templates, etc. would be nice. Not $5,000 per year nice though.

Labguru and Quartzy

Reasons for Switching to InventoryCloud

Barcoding and inventory tracking features were miles above Labguru or Quartzy. Also, since I am paying for Wasp they don't bombard me with ads or ask me to purchase through them so they can make a commission.
Manjula K.

Reviewed on 19/07/2021

User Friendly Solution for Rapid Deployment at a Reasonable Price!

The system was easy to follow and understand. Once the backend structure was setup with the key terminology, the rest was quite quick to implement. There were some teething issues with aligning some of the internal processes with how the solution functioned but once these were ironed out, it provided us with a great overall experience.

Pros

This solution was easy to follow and implement with some guidance from the solution trainers. System was up and running in a few hours time and took a few weeks to align with the business processes. Due to the cloud hosted backend, administrative overhead is very less in comparison to the legacy on-premise solution we used in the past. Ease of use with the navigation also assisted in quick adoption by the team with very less resistance to the change. Great solution at an affordable price.

Cons

Reporting could be improved that can provide more flexibility

James J.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

InventoryCloud is great for small AND big comapnies.

It is great when having to handle 200+ items. Also, it is very easy to navigate through and simple when using all the functions. My overall experience would rate it a 9 out of 10.

Pros

The ability to track items by a certain criteria. If it is by the serial number, by the lot, or by the date code. It helps tremendously by giving us the ability to keep every item visible and traceable with just a few clicks.

Cons

The check-in and check-out process. It is only a few options when handling this function, and wish there were more TRACKABLE options than what are given.

Jay N.

Reviewed on 22/09/2021

Game changer

Prior to getting Inventory Cloud I had to manually keep track of my inventory taking up a lot of time to maintain. Since my company has purchased the Inventory Cloud software, it has made running the warehouse easier and more accurate. I can now order materials and equipment with Inventory Cloud software, and the employees can now make a pick list of what they need for a job.

Pros

The check in-check out feature is a game changer for my company. I no longer have to write down what went where and who has it. Very easy to use.

Cons

There has only been one short time that the software was acting up. It was just after an update that was done to the system and it wasn't sending my orders to my vendors. This was a moderate inconvenience for me. Once I realized that my orders were not being sent to my vendors, I called the support team at Wasp. They were aware of the issue (from other companies that had called) and resolved the problem in a very timely manner.

Shelley P.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Reviewed on 11/10/2021

Great for any company who needs inventory assistance.

We can keep our inventory, orders, picks for specific work orders, and incoming items organized easily by using this system. It helps us a great deal every day here at our company.

Pros

I love that we can use it on the go. We can count our inventory going in and out while actually on the floor looking at it. It is easily used with our other systems and helps us a great deal with keeping up with the amount of raw material and finished goods we have here at our location.

Cons

The specific thing I did not like about the software was fixed with the last update. We had an issue when we tried to change an order. We were not able to delete specific line items in a pick or purchase order. We would have to make another with a different title. We no longer have to do that. We are able to delete a line item and something else. Yay. Go Wasp!!!

Mushal J.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 4/08/2021

Great inventory tool for efficient working environment

I like the amount of information it allows to fill in. It helps to find all the features of the product in one place.

Pros

I like the way it displays all the information on one page and generated reports from the very first transactions.

Cons

All the features are according to our needs but we do lack some training procedure for new clients or worker. Otherwise there is nothing wrong with the system.

Aimee V.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 5/11/2021

Inventory Cloud

overall it is a great product very user friendly

Pros

This product is super easy to use and there is not a big learning curve for new hires.

Cons

I don't like that I can't see last month's inventory report it only has a running report on available inventory. I also don't like that it averages prices.

NetSuite

Reasons for Switching to InventoryCloud

I used it at a previous company I was with and it was great on integration and API.
Brett C.
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 25/02/2022

Managing Company Assets Used in Internet Customer's Homes

We were able to solve the problem of knowing how and when to order new CPE equipment. This is vital to us as if we do not streamline inventory, this could result in us being delayed in providing customer's with service and stalling revenue growth.

Pros

The setup and training for this software is extremely easy. We quickly remove and add inventory to the system. We can use the software in a very simplistic capacity. However, as we have brought on a software engineer, we can do more complex usage of the system, including API usage for integration.

Cons

There is not a whole lot that we dislike about the software. It is very easy to get information in and out of the system.

Response from Wasp Barcode Technologies

Thanks Brett for your glowing review. We're happy to hear you find the experience as extremely easy to use.

Replied 5/04/2022
Bob J.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 5/12/2016

WASP Enterprise Edition

- Great software for the price and can be purchased with scanners, printers etc as one package
- On-line training supplied with purchase and technical help line is available to support unique-to-application issues.
- Software does a good job of providing inventory managment with very efficient uptime.
- Has options for multiple warehouse locations that can assist in controlling inventory or used for unique applications.
- Check-out feature or expiry date can be used for other uses such as alerting system as to when equipment calibrations are due

Pros

- Easy to use and quick uptime for new users.
- Adminstrator protected to limit user access for multiple functions
- Alert tab accessible to all users identifies overdue actions

Cons

- Requires work arounds to control inventory lot numbers that are approved for use vs lot numbers that are rejected for same part number
- special notes added to describe part number or lot are not visible from main inventory screen
- hard copy bar code labels default does not include lot number description when tracking of multiple lots is required
- E-mail notification require an assigned iIP address that is not feasible for systems where users that login/out of system.