About iSpring Suite

iSpring Suite is a robust authoring toolkit that helps organizations of all sizes create responsive eLearning content. The interface is extremely user friendly because it works within the familiar PowerPoint environment. With no...

4.9

Browse iSpring Suite Reviews

1,375 of 1,375 reviews
Faith M.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 24/05/2022

Brilliant but expensive

I really enjoyed the 30-day trial. My biggest need was recording voiceovers over the course and iSpring easily delivered that and more.

Pros

It is literally the easiest and most convenient software to create online courses, however, it will break the bank (it's very expensive). I do understand why the price is that high. After all, all the features one needs are packed into one software (including creating voiceovers for your course). It is so convenient and easy to use.

Cons

Obviously the price. It is mind-boggling when the price is converted into my local currency; it costs the average salary of a teacher!

Marieke V.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 28/04/2022

Great support

We have used multiple versions in our company and hardly ever have any issues. In our last issue we had great continuous support, and fast too.

Pros

It takes some getting used to but when you know what to do, it's very easy to use with a lot of options - it has almost everything to create interactive courses.

Cons

It's tough to share items and without zipping it will not store as a packaged course - so when IT transferred all our files from C: overnight, all my courses (that weren't in backup yet) were torn apart. You HVE to keep this in mind or start using the iSpring Share option.

Articulate 360

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

Know the product and not many differences in either price or functionalities.
Ankita G.

Reviewed on 1/06/2022

Basic but easy to use platform

Pros

Easy to use, value for money. Customer support team is quite responsive.

Cons

The tool though is quite basic as compared to some of the other tools existing in the market, at present.

Top iSpring Suite Alternatives

Nichole R.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 21/03/2022

Great Product and User Friendly!

Absolutley satisfied with this product and will continue to use and reccomend it!

Pros

This product is very user friendy for anyone who is technical. I would even say for those who aren't real tech savvy that atleast know their way around PowerPoint can get the hand of this product pretty quickly. It is a very easy way to develop and deploy computer based training modules!

Cons

One of the main improvements I can see is the functionality between the narrartion and navigation. If there were an option for the Next button to not appear until after the narration completed on a slide would be great! You can still make this happen, there is just a little bit of a work around for it.

360Learning and Thought Industries

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

This product was a great cost and provided all the features we needed to develop our course content. The ease of use with PowerPoint made it even more popular amoung the team.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Nichole,

Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! We appreciate it greatly. It's nice to hear that iSpring's been working great for you so far.

In case you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact our Tech Support team ([email protected]). One of our specialists will be more than happy to assist you!

Replied 29/03/2022
Tijana D.

Reviewed on 1/06/2022

All you need is iSpring

It is easy to use, had loads of question options that can be combined in a high quality test. The Powerpoint provides design set up as I like it and the quizzes can be modelled in the same manner. I do not have to learn about it all , I just manage to figure out everthying as I do it. If I need some help, customer support is there in minutes or hours.

Pros

I like the fact that is implemented in my PowerPoint, that is actually a tool I am used to using and have experience with. The perfect thing for my buisness is that I can combine theory and practise all in one presentation an in that manner provide my clients with full learning experionece.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like, I just got confuses when I was publish different versions of one presenation and wasn't sure what should I leave, what I can erase etc.

Jean michel C.

Reviewed on 26/04/2022

My few views

People generally don't like to be evaluated with statistics and pass levels. iSpring allows to incorporate short evaluations (quizz, interactions) to immediately assess the acquisition of knowledge that are well accepted by the learners (less pressure for them)

Pros

Easy to use because it starts from the familiar context of Power Point. The more you use iSpring and better you use Power Point, and vise-versa. Thus, little by little, you discover news functionalities and you progress regularly

Cons

There are already many features and options, but not so well explained. Regularly, I have to test different options to understand what will be the impact in the end. This is particularly true for the results and evaluations at the end of the quizzes for example. Many options exist but not clearly explained.

Another point: The window that opens when you drag to the red button "X" in order to get the details of your answers compared to the right answers is really not adapted. The size of the labels is much too small, impossible to read

Another point : I need more "operational" characters and backgrounds, less beautiful offices and more job sites. For example, many customers are asking for e-learning modules about safety in operational conditions, I would need characters with various kinds of PPE, not only helmets

Cliff D.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 26/04/2022

A Must Have

Grand Traverse County is implementing a new ERP system. It is critical that staff have the support to use all of the new features, and that management has a way to ensure employees are successful.

Pros

Since iSpring integrates to easily with Microsoft PowerPoint the "learning curve" is minimal. Couple the ease of use with responsive technical support, and post-sales support, and your company will have a successful eLearning partner!

Cons

There are no features and aspects that I don't care for.

Adam P.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 22/04/2022

Adams Review

Excellent

Pros

Very easy to design and develop content along with ease of use for learners

Cons

When working in quizzes or interactions I can not go back to the original powerpoint without saving and closing these features

Zoé F.

Reviewed on 16/06/2022

Review for iSpring Suite 10 and iSpring Learn

iSpring Suite is adapted to our needs and level of expertise when it comes to course authoring.
iSpring Learn matches our expectations and is sufficient for our current training activity.

Pros

iSpring Suite is very easy to use as an e-learning authoring tool (PowerPoint extension is a real asset).
iSpring Learn is an intuitive LMS, but I would recommend the newest version for a better experience as a user and an administrator (way more performant to manage users enrollment and courses and for activity reporting).

Cons

Some parameters are redundant between iSpring Suite (publishing options) and iSpring Learn (course settings). That leaded us to some misunderstanding, but the support team is very reactive and always available to answer our questions and help us make the better use of their solutions.
iSpring Learn is a LMS designed for internal trainings, not optimum for customers.

Csaba D.

Reviewed on 23/07/2021

The most user friendly solution for creating interactive online courses

I love this software and the customer service, so despite I don't actually use all functionality (not collaborating and not using the cloud space offered) I am still happy to subscribe to the suit max.
This is the most intuitive and easy to use course authoring software perfectly integrated in Microsoft PowerPoint.

Pros

Its perfect integration with PowePoint makes the creation of an interactive online lecture easy and a joy. Compared to other products, the learning curve for iSpring is days rather than months. It's under interface is extremely intuitive, the functionality is near complete - hard to find any other option which might be necessary.
The customer service is brilliant, responsive and supportive.

Cons

I think that some functionality is not necessarily needed for a single author (like collaboration) and some might not be worth the annual subscription (content library). It is unfortunate that even with a lifetime licence, I cannot get regular maintenance updates without subscribing to the full package. It would be a bit better if subscription options could be better optimized for individual needs.

Adobe Captivate Prime

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

PowerPoint integration and ease of use, offered all functionality I needed

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Csaba,

Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! We appreciate it tons.

It's nice to hear that iSpring's been working great for you so far.

As per your feature request, thanks a lot for sharing. I will pass it on to our Product Development team. We sincerely appreciate your thoughtfulness in helping us improve our products.

Hope iSpring keeps serving you well :)

Replied 9/08/2021
Vincent C.

Reviewed on 8/04/2021

The Total elearning experience in a Box

I have been suing the iSpring range of software for 6 years now and have been impressed with the way in which iSpring continues to add new features and enhance the products. The stability as a standalone product and the integration into Microsoft PowerPoint is something that iSpring can be proud of.

Pros

It is an all encompassing, seamlessly integrated product with all the features to create and deliver eLearning Solutions.

Cons

Would be great to be able to comment on each slide in iSpring Space when doing quality Assurance with team members.

Articulate 360

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

The fact that it has an LMS and a Publishing Suite. The ease of use within PowerPoint was the deciding point as the level f expertise required to get an employee trained to use iSpring Suite is minimal. One can then concentrate on the more advanced features in order to get a team fully functional to produce awesome courses.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Vincent,

Thank you very much for posting your detailed review here on Capterra. We appreciate it tons!

Hope iSpring keeps serving you well :)

Replied 9/04/2021
Brian R.
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 7/01/2021

iSpring Max Suite fit my needs perfectly

Installing and using iSpring Suite Max was super easy. Since I was under a tight deadline and had miserable results using Adobe Presenter, I was pretty desperate. I found iSpring through internet reviews and download the free trial. Using the trail, I had my course complete and published (with the free trial banner) very quickly and it looked great. I immediately bought the Max package and re-published to remove the banner.

Pros

iSpring Suite makes converting my PowerPoint training programs into SCORM compliant courses that can be uploaded to our LMS. It enabled me to convert all of the compliance training i used to hold live classes for to online courses. Due to COVID-19 and safety considerations, our company is migrating all of our training online.
Best of all is the amazing 24-hour support. Several times I got stuck on how to accomplish something I wanted to do. I was able to get chat help that was friendly, patient, thorough and always resulted in getting my task accomplished.
ISpring has the best support of any software product I've ever used and I've used a lot. That alone will cause me to recommend it.

Cons

The program is fairly intuitive once you get the hang of it. The only problems I had related to the quizzes. When I first started using it, I didn't realize to be careful you are on the slide in PowerPoint where you want a quiz to be, before you click the Quiz app. If you want to go to your quiz for some reason and your PowerPoint is on a different slide it ties to create an new slide. Also I work at home and in my office. I learned quickly that if you don't package all the files into one folder, when you open you presentation on a different computer and try to access the quiz, iSpring can't find it. It would be helpful if the quizzes 'stuck' embedded to the file.
1. It took a few botched

Adobe Captivate Prime

Reasons for Choosing iSpring Suite

The SCORM files it was producing were not working correctly on the ADP LMS platform. The courses would publish and users could view, but the reporting as often missing. I do a lot of compliance training so documentation is critical. Also the quiz module was very difficult to use and the results were not esthetically pleasing. Questions and answers would appear in random places on the slide. I would have to spend hours formatting each quiz slide to make it presentable. Then if I had to open the quiz manager again, it would jumble everything again when I closed it.

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

Pricing, ease of use, support

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Brian,
Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service. It means the world to us. It's wonderful to hear that iSpring fits your needs just perfectly.
Hope it keeps serving you well :)
Keep up the great work!

Replied 25/01/2021
Alan W.

Reviewed on 5/01/2021

Outstanding customer service and quick to learn!

Overall this is a solid product with amazing customer support. I love the quick access to chat that allows me to get answers to questions, in the middle of the night or on weekends, or just in the middle of the day. They have been very available and usually I get a very quick solution to any problem I may have. They have tons of very quick YouTube videos you can use as reference and they are up-to-date and very well done. I have actually churned out a complete course in a day, which I was never able to do in my previous software, and it would run on a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone without me having to configure anything!

Pros

Very easy to start developing and launching learning since the base product is PowerPoint but they have adapted quizes, interactions and some really nice add-on features that help you turn out very effective and interactive learning courses.

Cons

The inability to link quizzes in a course to get an overall final score. I also did not like that I can't create variables that I can assign values, and then use them in either text, or calculations, or whatever else I needed.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Alan,
Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service. We appreciate it greatly.
It's nice to hear that iSpring's been working great for you so far. As per your Cons, could you please wrap it as a feature request and send more details to [email protected]?
Thank you and keep up the great work!

Replied 25/01/2021
Ken J.

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

iSpring - Classroom to Rapid eLearning

My overall experience with iSpring is that it is a great tool for rapidly developing eLearning content, which is essential in these changing times where classroom-based course are rapidly want to move into digital learning.
The software caters for your individual level of expertise helping new developers to quickly publish their content, through to advanced, experienced developers to make the content sing and dance. Great product and would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Level of integration with PowerPoint, capturing all the functionlity, from animations and sequencing to triggers and interactivity.
My clients can be comfortable in the knowledge that they have a futureproof master file (in the form of PowerPoint), which they can easily find alternative developers to continue the good work. It also means they don't have to unravel their courses from a dedicated platform should they make the choice to switch.
The functionality built into Quizmaker, offers most of the question types you could realistically use.
The HTML5 publishing format is seemless with all the devices and browser that I have come across.

Cons

You have to be very careful about names and file paths, because it can easily get confused and then potentially delete the quiz files.

Adobe Captivate and Articulate 360

Reasons for Choosing iSpring Suite

PowerPoint, software UX, ease of use, flexiblity and futureproofing.

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

Less complicated than the other two. It has stayed true to keeping PowerPoint as the base authoring tool. It has the potential, in the right hands to be much more powerful and fit for purpose than built-in LMS authoring solutions.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Ken,
Thank you very much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! It's extremely amazing to hear that you are so confident in iSpring tool that you'd recommend it to anyone :)
We hope iSpring keeps serving you well.
If any questions come up, please shoot a message to [email protected] - our specialists are always at your service!

Replied 23/12/2020
Jo S.

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

easy to use on all devices

Besides the heavy prizing for occasinal use iSpring is fully professional for creating e-learning content, easy to use and very easy to learn. Only the management of earlier produced questions and quiz content is not yjet fully understood - I somehow can't trace, where questions and quizzes are saved in which kind of files. Only this management of already produced content and one only type of question I miss in iSpring. The badly needed question would be one, where I can have picture in the background and place any windows in the foreground to be filled in (eg to simulate working over of a form or graph ore formula.

Pros

Much learning content was developped in any version of powerpoint. Due to iSpring solutions it was easy to reactivate these contents and to have them userfriendly aveliable for any device on a server. Really no headche with lenght and with of any devices in use, just publish the powerpoint with 4 clicks into the www.
The upgrade of powerpoint content by including rated questions and tests with the iSpring testing tool added much didactional value. I on't make use of the iSpring server, I run the content on my homepage only.

Cons

For my use of only 20% of the capacity of iSpring (interactive quizzes & ppt-slide publication for any device) I would like to pay less and only for the features I really use ore only the minimal time in a month, I am using this software. As a retired teacher I get an educational reduction on the full prize, but this is still quite a financial expense in the budget of an old man, whose quizzes and learning slides are for free for all students.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Jo,
Thanks a lot for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! It's nice to hear that you are happy with the solution.
Hope iSpring keeps serving you well!
As per your Cons, please contact our tech support: [email protected] One of our specialists will be happy to assist you!

Replied 6/10/2020
Shane C.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

Full Set of Features to Create Custom Online Courses

We have found iSpring to be very helpful in our goals to provide professional training tools to our dealer members. It is our goal to eventually have about 20 educational courses available for them to use whenever they need them. So far, the feedback from our members has been very positive, so we look forward to continuing our use of the iSpring software.

Pros

It was easy to setup an iSpring account for our association. Though we only have a few employees, we represent a much larger collection of individual member companies. We are using iSpring to help those member companies hire and train their new employees for sales and service positions. There are plenty of features available in iSpring to help us draft, edit and publish professional looking online courses with animation, audio and testing functions, plus options for custom reports, completion certificates. If you are familiar with PowerPoint, you should have no problem at all with mastering the iSpring suite.

Cons

Sadly, there have been an ongoing list of things that makes iSpring buggy at times. Some are just things we needed that were not already part of the original solution (like setting up multiple organization admins for each of our member companies), or things we experienced as we began using it more often (like audio capture that was inconsistent in quality). Most of these things were solved with some software fixes by the iSpring support team, while for others, we were given temporary workarounds that sufficed. There are still a number of open issues pending resolution in forthcoming updates, but I expect that the iSpring team is working on them based on the priority level across all their customers.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Shane,
Thank so very much for publishing your detailed review about iSpring products (I assumed that you use iSpring LMS as well, please correct me if I am wrong) and service :)
Also I'd like to thank you on behalf of the whole iSpring team for helping us to make our products even better by submitting your feature requests!
Keep up the great work and hope that iSpring keeps serving you well as well !

Replied 27/03/2020
Burt M.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 2/03/2020

Can not live without ISpring

Amazing

Pros

This is the most amazing help mate to produce stunning presentations with a "WOW Factor" that keeps the audience attentive and eyes wide open.

PowerPoint by itself is boring, dull and quite frankly worthless unless you have ISpring attached too it.

Before I purchased this add-in, I found or should I say heard a lot of snoring in our audience.

Now with ISpring, all eyes and ears are alive and clapping. I like to take the credit for this but the credit should go to the ISpring add-in.

Thank you so much and by the way, I have never had such great and immediate support as I get from ISpring. Support is important to our company as we are fast-paced.

I needed additional activation on a crashed desktop with a reinstall and within 5 minutes [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at 2:27 AM had me up and running post-haste.

If only the Microsoft and Adobe support was like ISpring, the world would be a much easy place to complete project.

Cons

There is not a thing missing that I can think of. ISpring does it all.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Burt,
Thank YOU so much for such kind words about iSpring products and service...This means the world to us!
What else can we say, we'll try to keep that bar high for all the iSpringers out there! :)
And you, please keep creating better content for all the learners!

Replied 11/03/2020
Taylor S.

Reviewed on 21/02/2020

Great Software for Online Training Business

I have built a very successful business developing and marketing online prep courses for helping people pass vocational exams, like entry-level law enforcement or certification, etc. My tutorials and practice quizzes are packaged into over 40 different products. Over 10,000 users have benefited from these courses. My business has earned over 600 5-star reviews on ShopperApproved during the past 12 months.
Customer support is one of the best I have experienced in many years of software use. Customer support issues come up when Google or Microsoft make changes that iSpring product have to adapt to. Great support personnel - available, smart, friendly, followup, etc.

Pros

Ability to prepare and publish great tutorials using PowerPoint as the basis is terrific. User interface is intuitive and comprehensive. Results are high quality and attractive.
Quiz development and deployment is also very easy and comprehensive. The wide range of interactive questions that can be achieved is impressive. Quizzes are attractive in appearance and offer great options for how they perform.
Output of both quizzes and tutorials are excellent for both desktop and mobile devices across both Android and Apple devices.

Cons

I now have a library of over 100 quizzes and tutorials. There is no easy ability to Search for a text string in these source files if I need to repair an error reported to me by my students.

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

Ease of use. PowerPoint based. No Flash, HTML5 supported. Easy to deploy on both desktop and mobile platforms. Runs well on both Android and Apple devices.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Taylor,
Thank you so much for sharing your story about using iSpring. We are extremely happy to hear that it works well for your needs and hope that it keeps serving well. We are also glad that you are satisfied with how our tech support addresses clients' cases!
As per your Cons, could you please send a little more details to [email protected]? Our team will be glad to look into them!

Replied 11/03/2020
Jesse H.

Reviewed on 3/10/2019

Great product! + horrible sales techniques for after purchase upgrade subscriptions :(

The product itself works very well, is easy to navigate, and tech support is excellent for your first year. If you don't expect to need tech support much after using the product - BEWARE!

Pros

This product offered us an affordable, easy to use tool to convert powerpoint lectures and audio files into formats best suited for offering our online courses. It has worked very well and produces high quality HTML5 files that render well across all devices. Initially, they also had excellent customer support during the sales/trial period and during the one -year of tech support included. more on that later...

Cons

At the end of our first year of use, the tech support that was included with the software expired. That was no problem at first as we knew how to use the software and it was working great. However, when we went to use the software after the IT expiration, iSpring was gone from our toolbar. We were prompted to purchase a ridiculously expensive subscription for ongoing tech support. The smallest plan given was substantially higher than the great price we got on a LIFETIME licenses. When I wrote customer support to find out how to continue using the product and why it had disappeared since I purchased LIFETIME licenses, they repeatedly told me they couldn't answer my question since I had not purchased the extended tech support plan. "What?! I purchased LIFETIME licenses, I don't need tech support, I need your product to continue working as it has." Eventually after much frustration, someone told me I had to reload the software with my license key. Seriously bad sales strategy.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Jesse,
Thank you so much for your detailed review of iSpring products and service. We appreciate your taking the time to submit it here on Capterra.
As per your Cons, let me please note that whenever a customer contacts us regarding any installation matters we assist with no exceptions. As far as I can see you received a response with detailed instructions on resolving the matter via email on the same date you've contacted iSpring Support. Clients with active maintenance plan, however, get immediate help via our online chat. Maybe that's what got you confused.
For those who do not wish to continue with the Maintenance plan, we have a vast collection of helpful resources available online, such as video tutorials, help docs, articles, webinars, FAQs: https://www.ispringsolutions.com/support. We also have social media pages where anybody can ask our community any question about iSpring.
Hope that helps!

Replied 6/02/2020

Reviewed on 9/08/2019

iSpring: The most Robust eLearning Tool

We absolutely love iSpring. Because it's PowerPoint based, our SMEs immediately feel comfortable helping us generate content. It has wonderful interactions we can add to the course to keep our learners engaged, narration is a breeze to edit and add. Any PPT animations carry over to the published course. It's awesome!

Pros

What I love most about iSpring Quite is how robust it is. There is an option for every scenario when it comes to deployment. Whether it's quiz grading/scoring, complete/incomplete, SCORM versions, allowing the learning to skip around or required to view sequentially, there is an option for everything! The ability to customize the GUI to match any corporate branding standards is very nice. Finally, the HTML5 deployment method allows for a single publish that will work on PC, Mac, any mobile device, tablets, etc.

Cons

Because the tool is so robust, there are options everywhere. While they are group well according to what you're working on, sometimes, it's difficult to find a one tick box that does a very specific thing. I would also like to see more collaboration tools. We have a specific preset of branding standards and options that we like to use, but we are a team of three. So, getting all three developers to use the exact same settings can be cumbersome.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello,
Thank you for your detailed review of iSpring Suite :) We are happy to hear that iSpring made it to become your solution. Hope it keeps serving you well!
As per your Cons, could you please forward them to [email protected]? One of our specialists will be happy to look into them!

Replied 13/08/2019
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 15/09/2018

It's been an excellent product for me

Pros

I've been using the software for almost a year and it is incredibly user-friendly. Being simple doesn't mean few features. It's packed with lots of great features, yet they made it very easy for someone to buy the program and get started without having to read a manual how to use it, like some of the other course maker programs. Right out of the box you can get started. Their fantastic content library if you are doing interactions where people have to think through situations, they also offer lots of great background templates which I've used and presentation designs if you're not too sure how to design your PowerPoint, or just aren't good at it and want some help. They make a lot of great resources if you get the full suite? Even without the full suite, the program itself is just too easy to work with. Once I was ready to upload the program, all I have to do is click the button Publish, and the conversion and upload to place. No FTP or anything else involved. Once it uploads, it brought me to the online host of the course, allowing me to rename it to make other additions to tell the user what the course is about.

I also like that there are so many different options for creating quizzes, tests, and survey questions that are not graded. Additionally, I love the fact that they offer so much in their help section, all of the regular webinars that they host, and the massive library of help available on YouTube and their website. I find their customer service absolutely excellent

Cons

While other programs may offer more interaction options, I think for the average to somewhat advanced user, iSpring is top notch. I can't really call it a negative because in order to do all these other advanced features, I've seen them but I have absolutely no idea how to utilize their features. That would take a lot of learning on my part, and I don't have the time to learn and intricate program. I needed to hit the ground running, and iSpring did just that.

As I type this, I realize the section is meant for Cons, but there really isn't any to speak of.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi and THANK YOU greatly for posting such a wonderful review of iSpring here on Capterra. We are sure it will be helpful to anyone looking for a solution for eLearning.
Keep it up :)

Replied 17/09/2018
Jonathan R.

Reviewed on 13/04/2018

Ease of Use combined with Excellent Customer Service and Available Workshops made this a fit...

It helped us move our training programs forward. As content developers AND trainers, the iSpring Suite really made things a lot easier for us. We were also new to the concept of interactive content development, so we were thrilled to witness that iSpring was extremely easy to learn and start using. We feel there is much more for us to do with it, which is why we are looking forward to acquiring Version 9 soon.

Pros

Ease of Use - The fact that iSpring Suite integrates directly into Power Point makes life so much easier for us.

Excellent for New Trainers or Content Developers - The ease of use made this purchase an excellent decision for us. Our company's training department was founded only 4 years ago. After the first few years we wanted to step it up a notch by developing interactive modules that would help us diversify the way we deliver content. iSpring made this possible and very easy. Not only is the software extremely easy to understand, iSpring also offers regular workshops to its users that help any new content developer master the Suite and strengthen their ability to create interactive modules that stand out.

Excellent Customer Service - Very quick to respond to any questions and the staff is very friendly. They are also very receptive to feedback and look to make improvements to their product often based on such.

SCORM Compliant - Convert all of the content created with the Suite into a SCORM Compliant packages for your LMS. The SCORM export supports Flash & HTML5. You also have the ability to adjust the export quality of the media in your module. Lastly, iSpring modules can also be viewed via mobile & offline using their iOS or Android app. Reporting works flawlessly.

Quiz Maker is Amazing - It has all the essentials you need + more. I got to play around with Version's 9 Quiz Maker also and already witnessed many improvements from aesthetics to performance.

Cons

Version 8's Module Player for Exported E-Modules didn't always behave the same way as the Power Point presentation would on its own. Various media items or features in Power Point, such as Gif Images, overlapping audio files, or "exciting" animations/transitions, although supported, would at times behave differently in the Suite's Module Player (used for LMS Delivery) vs. the Power Point itself.

Version 8 Quiz Maker's Document Recovery never worked for us (if there was even one). The quiz maker doesn't have an "auto-save" feature. Sometimes if you imported any extraneous media file the quiz maker would crash making us lose our progress from the last manual save. We eventually got in the habit of saving frequently, as anyone should, but a revamped document recovery feature would be helpful.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Jonathan,
Thanks SO MUCH for such a detailed review of iSpring products and services. We are absolutely sure it will be super useful to anyone looking for an eLearning solution.
Keep it up! :)

Replied 16/04/2018
Mindy G.

Reviewed on 30/08/2017

My experience with iSpring Suite has been great, especially the customer service!

Well, I have been using the software for only a couple months so it has not been long enough to see the benefits from this software.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is an add on for powerpoint, so if you are familiar with powerpoint then it is not very difficult to learn. I did have to teach myself how to use the iSpring Suite tab, but the customer support team makes the process easy! My Customer Care Manager, Max Ionin, provided me with access to many training videos and was always available on email if I ever had the slightest question. The other pro that separated iSpring from other LMS softwares is they built a special custom plan for my company that fit our needs, what great customer service!

Cons

I really have had a positive experience with this software, but I am going to provide you some things I hope to see updates on in the future. The number one improvement I want iSpring to make in the very near future is MAC COMPATIBILITY. I work on the marketing team so I have to use a Mac, and for iSpring Suite I had to order a windows computer which made it 10 times harder for me since I have no idea how to use windows. I figured out a loop hole for me, where I create my content on powerpoint using my Mac, and any content I need to create using the iSpring Tab I switch over to the windows computer. However, that really slows down my productivity. The second thing I don't really like is when you create a quiz in the iSpring Suite tab, it brings you to a pop up where you create the quiz there instead of directly in powerpoint. I don't know if there would be a way to even fix this, but it gets confusing for me when update/edit the powerpoint on my Mac, send it to the windows computer, and have to add the quiz back in the edited version. I know my situation is different, but I am just providing insight to my experience. Overall I love this software, but the reason I gave 4 stars to "ease of use" was simply because I couldn't have the software on my MAC computer.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Mindy!
Thank you very much for sharing your sincere feedback about iSpring products and service! We greatly appreciate it and are sure that it will be of help to anyone looking for an authoring solution. And I forwarded your requests to Max, so that he can share with iSpring Product Development team!
Keep up the great work!! :)

Replied 31/08/2017
Nalin D.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016

Smart E-Learning Content for every device. Develop in PowerPoint and Deliver with iSpring...

I am Nalin from New Delhi, India and I have a rich experience in E-Learning and developing Digital Content of over 8 years. Being in this domain, I have been working on and testing many softwares. E-Learning is a field where you get the taste of a variety of computer programs. Like graphic design, video production, sound editing, animation software etc. Out of them, the most important software is which can deliver the prepared content in the desired format accessible for the learners. I was always surrounded by the complications of programming and testing on platforms like Flash and .NET for content production but it was too much time consuming and involved plenty of unnecessary hard work. Complications like these reduced when I discovered purpose built tools like Adobe Captivate and Articulate. But all complications ended when I discovered iSpring Suite.
PowerPoint itself is an all in one surface when it comes to prepare raw E-Learning content. The only additional thing we required is that with which we can compile all the raw material in a solid Flash & HTML 5 content deliverable on our desired accessing devices. I tried various PowerPoint add ins like Wondershare, Adobe Presenter, Articulate Studio, Lectora Snap. But each one of them had its own shortcomings.
The one that turned out to be the best and perfect one was iSpring Suite. It supported almost all the PowerPoint animations. With Quizmaker, I was able to make separate customized tests for different chapters. The best thing which I experienced was the ease of inserting or recording audio narration for the slides and later synchronizing them with the animations. iSpring Suite proved to be a champion in delivering both online an offline content. We also used it to deliver offline content in CDs with maximum protection for piracy. The players customization options are incredible with which we can control the look and feel of the module player like its colors and text labels and it also has the ability to save the preset for later use. We also get the control over compression of course objects with which we can deliver it online keeping in mind the bandwidth at the learners' end so that its quick and easy to access on the internet.
Today, I am able to deliver E-Learning content for my firm and my clients to all kind of learning platforms and is really admired by the learners.
All I can say is, This software is really a result of high precision and perfect engineering.

Pros

1. First and foremost its ease of use. Its unbelievably simple with the easiest learning curve. I couldn't realize how soon I became a pro iSpring user from a novice one.
2. Quick loading of HTML 5 courses in browsers even on low bandwidths. Sometimes I have noticed that courses published with iSpring Suite load even quicker than Youtube videos.
3. There is also a course size and compression option according to the low/high bandwidth choice which is unique.
4. Responsive layout of courses with automatic player skin resizing on the device. The player skins are also different for computers and mobile devices.
5. The most convenient narration manager and synchronization of audio and animations.
6. The best player layout in browser for mobile output.
7. Content protection features like setting expiry date and custom domain.
8. Best in class in built screen recording tool. No need of external capturing tools like Camtasia.
9. Simulation feature with 50:50 ratio of video and content going side wise in a slide.
10. Video publishing feature with which we can publish a PowerPoint presentation to HD videos and can also directly upload on Youtube.
11. Support for almost all PowerPoint animations. Other tools like Articulate Studio and Adobe Presenter don't support those many animations.
12. Detailed player customization options.
13. Ability to create independent offline content.

Cons

1. Very few interactions. Should have ability to insert more interactions that can be customized in slides.
2. No ability to edit states of objects.
3. Should have an attentive and more active user community.
4. No free form & custom drag and drop in Quizmaker.
5. Its a PowerPoint add in and not a standalone software, hence obviously its inbuilt features specially for customizing and inserting new objects have to limited.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi, Nalin!
Thanks A LOT for sharing your story about using iSpring! Cheers to the end of complications in your content creation process :)
Also thank you for submitting your feature requests. Keep up the great work and we hope that iSpring will keep serving you well!

Replied 11/07/2016
Dianne V.

Reviewed on 25/03/2017

Perfect choice to get PowerPoint presentations onto Moodle

[Note: this review less about the software (which is so intuitive it doesn't need explaining) and more to assist other eLearning content creators. I struggled through forums for days to find a solution to embedding Powerpoint into Moodle! I tried a dozen other methods and software and this is the one that works.]

BACKGROUND

I create content for eLearning systems, and a major limitation is that PowerPoint slides cannot be EMBEDDED (Microsoft is proprietary software). PPS files need to be downloaded, which isn't user-friendly, trackable or secure.

Moodle course creators have traditionally had to use Slideshare or Google Docs to convert powerpoint to HTML5, but iSpring doesn't compromise intellectual property security or require internet access.

The lecturers like iSpring because they know and use PowerPoint already for lectures, and can even include background music, an audio track and video. (There is a pro iSpring product to help with all including branching, but I only used the smaller converter). The course creators like it because they don't have to mess with lecturer's content, and it takes less than a minute to convert into one of the 5 options.

WHAT OPTIONS ARE BEST

WEB

I recommend the iSpring converter "HTML5 for mobile option" that shows on an attractive player. (Although it could do with some extra skins!) You get a zipped file for fast uploading. It's fully interactive, and you can permit people to jump back/forward to slides (with thumbnails), links all work (for branching) as does automatic slide timing, integrated audio (no clicking a link). Basically a PowerPoint show on steroids.

[iSpring also offers Flash like other products, but Flash doesn't play on any Apple product and is blocked by many browsers.]

LMS

For professionals, the BEST choice is a conversion for LMS - that turns the presentation into a zipped Scorm-compliant package. The content has all the bells and whistles of the web version, but can be uploaded on most LMS systems. Course creators and admins prefer Scorm as industry best practice. If you create learning content for sale, its ideal for easy distribution.

VIDEO

Although the iSpring converter for video is good, video as a format has issues. We have regional differences - even though only 1 of 30 slides is different, we have to create and load a dozen different videos each time the lecturer makes a change. The students hate video - too SO slow and jerky.]

Pros

Easy to use. Integrated with PowerPoint which is an existing skill with lecturers. LMS staff and programmers do not edit content. Creates distributable SCORM compliant packages that beginners can easily upload.

The export function looks very useful (I don't know how often I have lost files), as does the resources and presenters section (but I didn't have time to explore what they are for.) I barely scratched the surface. But the client, lecturers and students all agreed the end result was professional. Conversions can be done in minutes in multiple formats - programmed HTML5 takes days and is often unstable on mobile.

The price is very reasonable for the functionality (it is only high due to my country's dollar rate).

Cons

Not much and I am usually very critical.

I only have a trial version so I haven't tried to create "real world" packages (clients get very fussy about strange details, and that is when you suddenly discover something is not possible). You provided options that I never thought of, but that I think clients and students will find useful.

It would be nice if one could specify a range to export more specifically - e.g. slides 1-6, or 2,5,7 (as with printing). I assume I would create multiple presentations and hide slides.

The look of the player skin was a problem, so I programmed the finished file via CSS, and only found out later I can adapt the skin - after I showed the software to the client! However, they thought the universal one was good (although it didn't fit well into their LMS template). I think with the offered customization I could probably solve most problems.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Dear Dianne,
We greatly appreciate your sharing the case of using iSpring here on Capterra! We are sure it will be more than useful to anyone looking for an e-Learning solution :)
Thank you and keep up the great work!

Replied 4/04/2017