Booqable Reviews

Visit Website

About Booqable

Booqable is cloud-based rental software that includes a website builder, rental management features, and a mobile app for iOS and Android. The software allows users to create a professional website with a dedicated online...

Browse Booqable Reviews

Kendra
Kendra

Reviewed on 12/03/2024

The best decision you will make for your business!

Pros

Coming from the vacation rental world, I had a lot of "must haves" in the software.
I knew I needed a software company that included a website/webpage, a place to book clients and a backend that would work seamlessly between my business partner and I, so we could stay on the same page. With the ability to communicate in real time with quotes and booking contracts, Booqable exceeded my expectations.

Cons

The mobile site and pc view have slight off center discrepancies.

Cheyenne

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

Overall i am pleased. I have found it easier to use than other platforms i tried.

Pros

I like that it is very user friendly and that the customer service is quick and helpful. Your questions are answered promtply and accurately.

Cons

No delivery fee option. Sometimes the website builder is fussy and i cant figure out how ti move sectuons around instead of just adding them to the bottom of the page

melissa

Reviewed on 19/04/2024

Wix website - does not work with Booqable and they wont refund after 1 month

the worst experience. I'm a new business trying to get started and you are taking almost 400 from me and i've only used the software for a month at the most. I could not get it to work right with my wix website.

Pros

Nothing. I cant get anyone on the phone and you seem to think you can take advantage of people that choose not to use your service if it wont work for them.

Cons

the fact that it does not work! and i wasted time trying to get it to work by hiring people and pay for training.

Top Booqable Alternatives

Xander

Reviewed on 16/03/2024

AV Rental Solution

Pros

The all in one concept !
I use it for my inventory. I use it to gather information about my products. I set up an entire website with Booqable’s tools. Customer service is lightning fast, price is unbelievable. I would recommend it.

Cons

Difficulties to upload videos online or fully customize my website.
It seems hard to add down payments and deposits at the same times on my e-shop. And when searching through your inventory it would be great to see the prices and quantities and some statistics at the same time, on the first page without having to click on each product.

Matt

Reviewed on 19/04/2024

Start Up Rental Business

Compared to other software I have used in prior rental business this would be the highest recommended.

Pros

The ease of adding inventory and total control of website building.

Cons

No direct contact number to talk to a person when problems or questions arise

Goodshuffle Pro

Reasons for Switching to Booqable

website builder and modern look with documents
Katie

Reviewed on 30/03/2024

Small company - 1 user

Pros

The system is easy to use and there are no annoying bugs or workarounds in the system.

Cons

I would like more flexibility when it comes to creating bundles from items that are already in bundle.

Goodshuffle Pro and TapGoods PRO

Reasons for Switching to Booqable

Overall Price, online payments integration, ease of use
Heather

Reviewed on 26/04/2024

Seward Saunas Review

I very much appreciate it and am so happy it integrated so well with Square!:)

Pros

It is very easy to navigate scheduling as a customer through our website. As the admin using the back end of the software, I find it to be pretty user friendly. It does take time to get the hang of all of the features, but I think I am well on my way to being able to maximize all of them. I REALLY appreciate being able to get customer support quickly.

Cons

One thing I notice on the customer end, if you select a date range and an item is unavailable, if you close the page and then open it again, at least on my desktop, it seems to save that date range and then pop up as “Unavailable”. It doesn’t reset so the customer initially sees “Available”.

I also wish I could set different pick up times for different items. We have 3 saunas and as far as I know, I can only pick 1 time for all 3 units. I may need to ask support about this.

I wish it was a little more clear with the safety deposits being returned. I want to be CERTAIN my guest receives that deposit back once I submit the approval. I find myself having to search for confirmation that that has happened.

Our town has different tax amounts based on where you are providing service. It would be super handy if the system could recognize an address as either In City Limits or Out of City limits so I could charge the according tax amounts. Right now, I either over charge people or under charge people.

Corey
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 8/04/2024

Fantastic Foundation Booking Software

Pros

Booqable proved to be an excellent choice as our first booking software for our new e-bike rental business for several key reasons. Firstly, its user-friendly interface made it easy for both our team and customers to navigate, streamlining the booking process and enhancing overall efficiency. Secondly, Booqable offered robust features tailored specifically to rental businesses, allowing us to manage inventory, track reservations, and handle payments seamlessly. Additionally, its integration capabilities with our website and other platforms ensured a cohesive booking experience for our customers. Lastly, Booqable's responsive customer support team provided invaluable assistance whenever needed, ensuring smooth operations and a positive customer experience. Overall, Booqable's combination of usability, functionality, and support made it an ideal choice for launching our e-bike rental business.

Cons

At this stage I am looking forward to some more comprehensive inventory management features such as blacking out stock for certain dates, irrespective if there is a booking or not.

Kaitlin

Reviewed on 17/05/2024

Booqable has been a game changer for our business!

Pros

I love the customizability of Booqable, from creating reservations to the website integration. We can keep all of our rentals organized so we know what is rented and when, and keep track of our customer information so everything is all in one place. Not to mention Booqable is at an unbeatable price with so much to offer.

Cons

I would like it if Booqable allowed for connecting to a card machine so customers could swipe their card rather than input card numbers.

Jochem

Reviewed on 2/05/2024

Great tool to track inventory and auto book!

Pros

I use Booqable to track inventory and book new clients. Now implemented on our website visitors can automatically book our equipment with a live availabilty calendar.

Cons

Takes some work to set it up the way I wanted. It's main 'issue' was that you can customize it in anyway you want it. This gives a lot of options, but also a lot to dig through. Luckily the support team is always there to help - even with screen recordings!

Catherine
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 27/12/2022

Like it and recommand it.

It is the best rental software for us for the moment. Still missing some elements that we would need, but overall it covers more than the others.

Pros

It is easy, clear. The Dashboard and the list of orders!!! (both the best over the market - see in one glance what is to come, what is paid or not, etc.)The new functions to customize the website are really nice, even if they are limited for the moment.

Cons

It is not compatible with Lightspeed... which is a big concern for us. As we did not find any software as good as Booqable, we stayed and work with two systems, but that is not really the best!!! (Please, develop a way to integrate Lightspeed!!!!! :) )The App is not really functionnal on ipad, better to use the website.The online site is missing some functions accessible from us. Some translations are not possible to do (search products/How it works/etc.), so our site is both French and English, with a French clientele... not the best. The redirections are not accessible either - that would be important to!

Booxi

Reasons for Switching to Booqable

We keep it as it is the only that can fulfill our needs and it is easy to work with! We would like it in french and like to link it with lightspeed - we pray for it!!!!
Darrell
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 19/05/2023

Perfect for a van rental agency! Just what we were looking for!

We love Booqable! It has been extremely helpful! Way better than Google Calendar for the size of our fleet. If we could just get those things mentioned above implemented, we would love it that much more!

Pros

The calendar, inventory management/control, and scheduling is HUGE for us and extremely important to this business to manage our fleet. We were using Google Calendar before. That may be fine with 3 or 4 vans but not we have 14 and that was not a good fit anymore. I'm the new GM here. I found Booqable on my 2nd day on the job and we haven't looked back!

Cons

We love Booqable but we have noticed a few things that could really make a huge impact if they were implemented. Color coding - we would like to be able to change the colors on the calendar to mean different things for us.The stock number (1) within the colored strip on the calendar isn't helpful for us. If we could enter our own info such as the clients name and van choice that would be helpful.We have steps within our process that we would like to reflect on the calendar by a different colored box. For example: If we could start as a "draft" (with a specific color) which means someone has interest and has put a 48hr hold on a van. Then, a different color when a client signs a contract, and different color when a client has paid the invoice. When both are complete, at that point, go ahead and mark them as "Reserved". Also, a "draft" would need to remove a van from inventory. The problem that we're seeing is that a draft does not remove a van from inventory so it looks like we have a van available when odds are, it'll be booked. Right now, we are just using the calendar to view availability for each van rather than the "check availability" feature because those drafts do not remove inventory and they have not signed the contract or paid the invoice yet.

Jordan
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 21/01/2024

It Keeps Getting Better

Pros

Everything. Booqable has helped me grow so much over the past couple of years. I remember when I first found Booqable right before I was about to purchase with another rental software company, I was a little skeptical because the company was in the UK somewhere but everyone I talked to was so nice and respectful, they told me to do the free trail and since then I haven’t looked back. Since then I have started two different companies with Booqable and seeking more.

Cons

I don’t have any cons, I have nothing but respect for Booqable and no matter how big my businesses grow I will continue my services with Booqable.

Scott

Reviewed on 16/03/2021

The Best Bike Rental Management & Booking Software

If you're a rental business, go with Booqable. You won't regret it. We get tremendous feedback from our customers on the ease of using our site and the online booking capabilities. The backend makes managing rentals a breeze!

You can see my implementation at https://www.napleselectricbikes.com.

Pros

Booqable is absolutely amazing! The online booking integration is hands down the most seamless and intuitive for the consumer/user. I love that we were able to create an online checkout process that felt inline with other e-commerce platforms but in a rental environment. This functionality reduces the friction to booking online and increases the experience before the customer even touches your products.

The backend calendar and inventory management is a delight to work with and the payment integration with Stripe is seamless. Honestly, this software is extremely well thought out and is perfect for rental businesses.

Cons

There aren't any cons to this platform. They are constantly adding new features and offer superb customer service.

Peek Pro, bike.rent Manager and FareHarbor

Reasons for Switching to Booqable

Booqable allowed me to integrate a seamless online booking experience that I was fully able to customize to meet our brand and fulfillment expectations.
Jan
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 22/02/2023

With Booqable a big leap forward for our E-bike rental business

The word that sticks for me is “easy”. Rental of E-bike can be really hectic, especially during high season. It’s good to know that Booqable helps you through the busy times. Both on desktop and mobile devices.

Pros

Easy to implement in your daily workflow. Easy to integrate with our website. And easy to use. Clients like it as well. So, everybody happy..

Cons

Before implementing you have to make a plan on how you want to use this software. This is not something I don’t like about Booqable, it’s just something you have to realize before starting with any rental software

Smoobu

Reasons for Switching to Booqable

The overall feeling was that Booqable was the easiest to implement in our workflow. Also the integration in our website was a quick fix. And last but not least the team behind the scenes is very helpfull.
Amy

Reviewed on 23/12/2022

Saved my sanity during my first year in business

This has drastically simplified my life as my inventory grew in my first year of business. I would not have been able to stay organized without this software!

Pros

The inventory management is the most critical component in my mind. While managing multiple rental products, I would have been unable to track each order easily, and manage knowing availability for each item based on what each client was interested in, given that this is a side business and was sometimes managing up to 10 clients per week during the summer. The orders are easy to create, the views and the sorting making it easy to find upcoming jobs to stay prepared for what’s to come, and I could confidently tell new clients what was available on their desired date!

Cons

There are a few bugs in the software that resolve themselves when the page is refreshed. Not inhibiting my ability to accomplish desired tasks

Goodshuffle Pro

Reasons for Switching to Booqable

The entry level price was super attractive to me for my first year. It made it easy to dip my toe in the water and I am strongly considering upgrading for Year 2.
Maura

Reviewed on 28/06/2023

Our Experience with Booqable

We are able to have customers reserve, book and pay on there own. Authorizing cards for security deposits and a calendar showing availability is great! Our experience has been been awesome. We can have an affordable rental website that our customers and us enjoy!

Pros

We have really enjoyed using booqable because of the simplicity of the website for the business owner. It is super easy for users to check availability and reserve our products.

Cons

Because the website feature is so new there are still small changes or kinks to work out.

Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Booqable

Booqable was already set up and catered to business owners who were renting a product or service for a set amount of time. It's programed to book and reserve and very user friendly!
Pierrot
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 26/07/2023

Booqable for rental business model

Pros

How complete it is. You can really start-up a rental business completely using booqable - it's not just an add-in.Big PLUS: the service is extraordinary. Within 4hours, I get exactly what I need from a HUMAN. That's awesome.

Cons

The web-site builder is nothing compared to Wix or Shopify, there is only 1 template, I can't be very creative since I have to follow the structure of Booqable. The Traductions parameter (I work in French, Canada) is not 100% effective (there are still words that won't translate, even if the parameter is set).

Shopify

Reasons for Choosing Booqable

The Rental parameter of Booqable works greater.

Wix

Reasons for Switching to Booqable

The cost. I'm starting up.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 17/08/2023

Used daily in my boutique rental business in the UK.

Generally very good - 8/10. Everyone can always do better.

Pros

Inventory management and reservation management function. Customer often just place an enquiry and Booqable allows me to promote the enquiry to an order whilst managing my inventory at the same time.

Cons

They sometimes implement features which breaks something else. It's only happened a couple of times, but I feel they do do as rigorous testing in the dev/test environment as they should. I don't want to be stood with a customer, about to close an order and find I cannot perform a function on the system.

Rentman

Reasons for Switching to Booqable

Rentman is really good, but it was a little more expensive than I wanted to pay at the time.
Alain William
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 10/06/2023

So glad that I chose Booqable!

I am super happy with Booqable – it's been an absolute breeze setting my site up and starting to get my business ready for launch.

Pros

Booqable is incredibly easy to setup with an amazing user interface, along with virtually every feature I could possibly need to start my online rental company.

Cons

My only concern, which is really specific to me and not so much an issue with Booqable itself is that with only allowing for Stripe and PayPal integration, I've struggled a bit as a South African (with Stripe not being immediately accessible, and having to jump through a few hoops to get this going). The only thing I would add to the platform which really is quite specific to me would be to allow for the integration of alternative payment gateways, but I understand why this is a bit of a hurdle and probably not a high priority.

Yo!Rent

Reasons for Switching to Booqable

Booqable's offering and pricing was much, much clearer. Without going through an application process etc. with Yo!Rent I wouldn't even know how much it would cost me per month.
Eric

Reviewed on 3/07/2021

Booqable for Small Business

I am now finding myself taking phone calls and having to manually put customer information into booqable manually vs. them going through the website, which is not only more work for me, I am wondering how many customers I am losing because the interface for my customers is bulky and not user friendly.

The price is also really expensive for a small business like myself, I rent out kayaks locally (only have about 8 in inventory) and might make only a few hundred dollars a month during the summer months. $30 a month doesn't seem too but but to charge an additional $40 a month for a SMALL feature like a coupon code? That really seems petty and money hungry, when it could really help the small business benefit start generating profit. This app is priced like it is for big business, interface for me (your customer) is acceptable and great to work with, the front end interface you provide for third party customers could really use some improvement... AND please add the coupon option to the basic package. I am literally a one person business that can no way afford $70 a month with the income that is currently being generated.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and I was able to build it directly into my website. I loved how easy it was to setup with stripe payments and get started. It only took me about a half of a day to get fully implemented and have a fully functioning website up and running.

Cons

User interface for the customers is extremely bulky and non-customizable. After the customers are redirected to the booqable interface to add to card, checkout, pictures, checkout dates, etc. just seemed like a bulky and hard to use the first time I used it. This is extremely important in my business because my it heavily relies on new customers trying out different kayaks, I am trying to turn potential customers who land on my website into actual customers. After the website was launched, I noticed advertising clickthrough rate had stayed the same but my sales had declined, leaving me to the conclusion that the website is bulky and hard to use for the customer. The entire reason I built the website was to make it more convenient for my customers to choose a kayak and checkout.

A very specific example, I initially had the option for users to create a login and password. While I went through the process of creating an account and checking out, the booqable interface prompted me to login since I "Already had an account". The entire process included making a profile, so I would have expected the app to recognize that and continue forward. After being confused about where to click to login, I had to start the entire process again to input credit card information etc. I tested this interface four or five times as a new user and it just seemed clunky and not user friendly.

Kaylee
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 9/11/2021

Very user friendly, great price & great customer service!

I am able to fully customize Booqable to fit our particular needs! It was very simple to learn and use.

Pros

I loved that this software offered an instant free trial, I was able to figure most of the software out within 30 min. Any questions along the way are always answered by a representative that explains in full detail. I am not a very technology savvy person and I had no trouble figuring things out. I love this software and couldn't run our equipment rental business without it. Another perk is that you have to choice of renewing month to month. You aren't stuck paying for a full year if you end up not liking it.

Cons

I debated using it for a long time because I could not fully figure out the connection with Stripe and how all that worked. The communication with stripe was not good in the beginning (before I had an account). I didn't know if I needed a POS and which one would fit our needs. I bit the bullet and subscribed not knowing a lot of things but the relationship with stripe is a breeze and they are great to help with any questions. I actually ended up buying a different software (before I bought booqable) because of the uncertainty with Stripe, now I'm paying for 2 softwares but only using booqable because it is so much better!

Christopher
Christopher
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 25/01/2020

Booqable Helps us organize our rental business

It has been a good experience as our business grows. We really need the package integration and faster customer support (it has been promised to us for almost 2 years) Overall it has been an easy to use flexible program and we do like it.

Pros

I like the cloud application allowing us to use it anywhere on any device. We use it on iPads on the rental floor, laptops and desktops on our network. The tracking is good for knowing what gear is available or not. generating invoices, quotes, etc are very well done.

Cons

Needs much better integration for package creation. We offer items both individually and as part of a package with extremely high values ($100,000+ per package) and we need to be able to track every component of a package separately. We hate losing a small piece that may cost $1000 or more and we didn't have it barcoded in separately on a check out. Also it has a hard time integrating with Quickbooks and other accounting software. This would be a big improvement. We also want it to have different levels of user interface. We don't need the rental prep techs to see pricing but want them to be able to check in and out gear.

Nat

Reviewed on 4/03/2024

My Booqable Review

It has been excellent so far. As is, Booqable fulfills the needs I have at an affordable price. If I have any questions, the staff answers them with kindness. I haven't had a question go unanswered either. I am excited about any new features that will come up in the future. I hope this company does well!

Pros

I liked their pricing, ease of use, and functionality. I also appreciate their staff, they are personable and quite knowledgeable. If I have a suggestion for a feature they will pass it along to their team. I had trouble setting some things up and they sent a video of themselves going through a tutorial for me.

Cons

At first, I found some of the functions confusing but with some time and assistance, I understood them. An example is that they don't have categories, they have "Collections".

I wanted to make a subcategory and I couldn't figure out how to do it. I asked a question and was told that they don't have that feature for their website builder but there is a workaround for it. They said that in the future, the function for a subcategory is something they may add/ or are going to add. The workaround, however, does work! I was able to create a subcategory with their suggestion.

HoneyBook and Goodshuffle Pro
Justin J
Justin J

Reviewed on 31/10/2017

Just the equipment management software I've been dreaming of

Time savings and management. Simple as that.

Pros

Number 1 - Customer support. I've never dealt with a company who works with you on such a personal level and takes care of basically anything you ask for. These guys are true professionals.

After that, its all still so great. The fact that I can manage my inventory, while also populating my website and show what equipment is available to rent saves me an insane amount of time. On top of that, it's integrated with quoting and invoicing. You work out of one database and are able to use it over multiple uses.

It honestly couldn't be easier or time saving.

Cons

There aren't many issues that I have with this software. One of things I brought up was to have the calendar subscription for iCal or Google Calendar show not only the Reserved items, but also what items are Concepts. The built in calendar works great when you're on a computer. But when I need to use my mobile, I generally look to my Google Calendar to get a quick glance of whats going on.

Going on all of that, a stand alone app would be great as well.

These aren't really cons, just things that would improve the experience.

Response from Booqable

Thanks for the compliments Justin, both on our rental software and our team, that means a lot to us :-)
Regarding the calendar; we just released an update that should make it a lot easier to see the status of your orders on the go.
Hope that helps! Cheers!