Calendly Reviews

About Calendly

Calendly is the world's #1 scheduling tool. From entrepreneurs, to sales teams, to customer success - Calendly is for anyone that schedules meetings. Start by signing up for a free Calendly account. The tool will walk you...

Browse Calendly Reviews

3,480 of 3,480 reviews
Jonathan
Jonathan

Reviewed on 17/05/2022

Paid for itself 1000 times over

Calendly is like having a virtual assistant that costs me pennies per day, but helps me earn significantly more income because it allows me to skip wasting any time playing schedule tag with people.

Now that I've realized how amazing it is, the fact that I ever got caught up in playing "schedule tag" with people seems mind boggling. I book everything from client calls, sales calls, podcasting recordings and even just networking conversations with people.

Pros

Calendly is simple, clean, and a MASSIVE time saver. For what a few hours of a VA might cost, Calendly has paid for itself after the first few bookings.

It's very easy for the client to use as well, it's not cluttered like some other scheduling software programs are, and having an APP is solid gold.

I love being able to get real time notifications of appointments and cancellations and handle all of that from my phone when necessary.

The ability to customize availability and create multiple availability calendars for different events is another brilliant asset.

I can integrate with PayPal and take payments for appointment bookings, it's simply brilliant.

Cons

Workflows are a useful tool, but still feel a little bit clunky. I like that they are there, but setting them up could be a little bit smoother.

mind you, perhaps I'm comparing this to something like Zapier which is an incredible task management software.

OnceHub and Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Choosing Calendly

Simplicity and ease of use.

OnceHub

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

Simplicity, ease of use and price. Also, I love that Calendly has an App, and has had one for a long time. It was one of the first booking software programs to offer this.
Kimberly
  • Industry: E-Learning
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 7/05/2024

Calendly is a lifesaver!

Pros

I love Calendly because it easily syncs to my work calendar and I can easily keep track of what appointments people have booked on my calendar and block out enough time between appointments automatically as well. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Cons

The only thing that's confusing to me is trying to find my availability to update every once in a while since I don't always navigate it every week. I wish this was a bit simpler to find quickly.

Response from Calendly

Hey there and thanks for your review!👋️

It's great to hear that Calendly is solving scheduling problems for you by providing a scheduling link and an interface for others to easily book meetings with you. Thanks for using Calendly!

Tarek
Tarek
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 10/10/2021

Calendly, the entrepreneur's first digitization step

I loved how calendly makes it easy for eveyone including those with little or no previous tech experience, to digitize their appointment system and streamline their time management without having to hire an assistant if they can't afford such an expense.

Pros

Calendly is just amazing, starting with a free version that offers all what you need to get your calendar fully online and automated, allowing you to let clients and even friends and family to book time with you based on your linked calendar's availability

Cons

Well, we wanted more for the free version, where only one meeting type is offered. However, it is not limited by number and a big number of my entrepreneur or startup clients are using the free version of Calendly beause they simply don't need more. The need for paid version will come up once the business scales up and requires the accommodation of more functions.

QGenda and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

The free option is really amazing and this made us upgrade to Calendly subscription because everything is integrated with calendly and the team is already very happy using it.

Top Calendly Alternatives

Alistair

Reviewed on 22/02/2024

Good piece of software

Good support, solid product that does what it says on the tin.

Pros

The allocation of resource based on a scoring system. I needed a calendar solution that would allocate my team ahead of me so I could focus on mgmt tasks rather than customer demos

Cons

It's not cheap and the allocation functionality could be improved for the price to do different things. As a team manager I was hoping the app would let me see all of my teams bookings and diaries in one place

Response from Calendly

Hi Alistair, thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that Calendly's streamlining scheduling and helping you manage your time more effectively. We appreciate your feedback regarding the price and we'll happily take that into consideration.

Replied 7/06/2024
Gladys
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 24/04/2024

Calendly means never having to ask "when are you free?"

I really enjoy using it because I work with a lot of different networks and sometimes just finding time for us to collaborate can be a challenge. Calendly allows us to see each other's availability in real time, schedule accordingly and keeps projects moving. It syncs with your Outlook work accounts, so you can even schedule a meeting with multiple people (i.e. my manager and I with a vendor) and it will review the availability for both of our calendars at once and only offer times we are both free. This has been a game changer.

Pros

I really like the fact that I've eliminated a bunch of phone tag and comparing schedules and flipping through planners to try to find an open meeting time with someone. I like that someone can just choose a time on my calendar and book it.

Cons

I don't like that you can't add multiple people to a shared meeting. I would like to use this more with my team of 5.

Response from Calendly

Hey there and thanks for your review!👋️

Gary

Reviewed on 5/05/2024

Simplifying Appointment Scheduling for Busy Professionals and Teams

Pros

Calendly has revolutionized the way we schedule appointments, eliminating back-and-forth communication and saving us valuable time. The intuitive interface, seamless integration with our calendars, and customizable event types have made scheduling a breeze for both our team and clients. Plus, the automated reminders and follow-ups have significantly reduced no-shows, improving our overall efficiency.

Cons

Calendly's free version has somewhat limited features, consider premium plans for more advanced functionality.

Response from Calendly

Hey there and thanks for your review!👋️

We're so glad you're enjoying our product! We're happy to hear that Calendly has been a time saver for you and you're utilizing our reminders as well as follow ups!

Nicole

Reviewed on 2/05/2024

Brilliant calendar

Pros

It is a very useful calendar organizer and scheduler of appointments.

Cons

I am satisfied with all the aspects of Calendly.

Response from Calendly

Hi Nicole, we appreciate your positive review! It's great to hear that Calendly is solving scheduling problems for you by providing a scheduling link and an interface for others to easily book meetings with you.

Patricia
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 31/05/2024

Calendly my Lifesaver !! It keeps my business running smoothly!!

It has saved my life . I have ADHD and being organized is key for me. I run a small business I need organization and a calendar that works for me ,my clients and my vendors. Plus my personal life as well. All in one place .

Pros

It is easy to install. Easy to integrate. I love the way it keeps me organized. I know what life is going to look like all the time for my business. In terms of appointments and events. That is critical.

Cons

I truly don't have anything bad to say!! I am being honest.

Response from Calendly

Hi Patricia, we're glad to hear that Calendly's features are helping you manage your time better and integrate with other systems. Thank you for sharing your positive experience!

Natasha
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Reviewed on 6/05/2024

Scheduling simplified

Pros

It is so simple to set up Calendly and integrate it with all of your calendars to ensure meetings are booked and don’t conflict with other events.

Cons

I have not had any issues with using Calendly.

Response from Calendly

Hi Natasha, we appreciate your positive review! It's great to hear that Calendly is solving scheduling problems for you by providing a scheduling link and an interface for others to easily book meetings with you.

Reviewed on 6/05/2024

Great appointment tool

Pros

Easy to get set up and have integrated with Google.

Cons

Honestly, I have no qualms with Calendly. It does what it is supposed to do and does it very well.

Response from Calendly

Hey there and thanks for your review!👋️

Stefani
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 2/10/2019

Prepare to get time back!

I was able to get back likely a few hours a day and headaches while working as a recruiter. Now running my own company I am able to send this off to candidates and clients to book in time to speak with me.

Pros

I absolutely love this product and have been using it for over 3 years. I introduced it at my last corporate workplace and switched all recruiters over to using this product instead of calling and booking in candidates for interviews - we simply sent over a link and they plugged time into our calendars! The functionality and emails you can send to the people using your link are also super helpful.

Cons

They introduced a fee to pay, I always have stuck to the free version which has been great for me. I wish you were able to book in multiple time durations and not have it split up, also I wish that you could integrate it with more platforms such as Wordpress.

Boomerang for Gmail

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

Boomerang only offers so many free emails to be sent per month, causing you to switch over to the paid Boomerang. I did not find this useful as Calendly allows for it to be free no matter how many emails you're sending just as long as you are using one time frame.
angel
angel

Reviewed on 24/01/2022

IT changed my business right from the start

I have used calendly extensively. I do not know how I would handle appointment setting without it. I have used many other tools and no one compares. calendly is very easy to use. and very powerful at the same time. It is one of the software subscriptions that I make my annual investment on, every year. and they never stop bringing new functionality. Calendly is a great tool for professionals!!!1

Pros

The User Interface is really friendly, and that makes everything very easy to accomplish. Since the beginning, the power of calendly was very easy to use. I could do complicated scheduling setups without having to know all the ins and outs, screens, menus of calendly. I cannot say this of many software tools, to be honest.

Cons

What I still do no understand why it is not allowed to be done is that sometimes I want to allow to be booked although I have other calendar items scheduled. I should be allowed by calendly to purposefully allow double booking on my calendar, given a set of rules.

Christina

Reviewed on 21/09/2022

The Perfect Scheduler for Busy Business Owners

Having a paid Calendly subscription has helped me to save time, and keep things more organized. It has saved so much time because I no longer have to type out lists of available times and dates only to have them already filled up by the time the client replies back. It gives my clients current real-time availability when they are ready to book. I also love that it allows me to build in my own desired reminder workflows and "thank you" follow-ups on events of my choosing. One of the other features that I value more than anything is by using the Chrome Calendly extension feature, I am able to pull "one-time use" scheduling links. This makes it so that once a client books from that link, it can not be used again. It has really helped me place boundaries on clients so they can't just schedule meetings with our Accounting Firm over and over again. We offer different levels of service, and if clients want more access to us we provide that but it comes with a different price point for their services. I did research other schedulers, and not many offer one time use link features.

Pros

I think once you get acclimated with Calendly it is very easy to use. They make it so that you can manage your availability with easy, "mass apply" settings to different appointment types. I also really appreciate that you can have many different types of appointment types, we do different types of meetings and so we can set individual parameters with specific types of appointments. I think it is also valuable to be able to have both public and "hidden" appointments for your individual needs.

Cons

I do feel they could develop more direct app integrations, rather than making apps go through a Zapier integration. I personally don't love using Zapier, but I do appreciate being able to integrate the software with things I commonly use.

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

My deciding factor was completely because Acuity doesn't allow for one-time use links, at least at the time I researched it.
Cory
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 9/10/2022

I receommend Calendly any day of the week.

Calendly has been a staple of the Graphic Design and Logo company for many years and it will be for years to come. It's a friendly atmosphere that's easily manipulated to get what I need from it, and it's just easy and familiar to my clients - Which is awesome.

Pros

Calendly is the absolute MOST user friendly scheduling software on the internet. You can set up an appointment scheduler in a very short time, it's very appealing to the eye, and it's super easy to use for the client as well.

Cons

Honesly Calendly nails this software and is the leader in their field. I use calendly for my Graphic Design company and I use another software for my consulting firm. The consulting company's software is less user friendly, and more complicated, but it seems to have a ton of customization. Calendly doesn't seem to have this much customization, however, if you're just starting out and need ONE, TWO, or even THREE appointment types, Calendly is perfect.

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

I needed to differentiate my graphic design calendar app from my consulting calendar app and felt that having two profiles on Acuity would be kind of a nightmare, switching between accounts to do something. Second, I don't need a complicated scheduling application for my Graphic Design business, where I don't charge for meeting my clients. You can certainly add this feature, but I just don't need it. I have a few meeting types and I can send someone a 30 minute, an hour, or a two hour meeting invite. That's IT. It's integrated with Zoom so everything can be safe and remote. Lastly, again, I needed something that I could go to the page and be logged in immediately, instead of switching accounts. Keeping my business applications separate here made a lot of sense.
Jaydra

Reviewed on 20/03/2023

Great product to save you the time of coordinating schedules with every client individually

I love Calendly. Overall it works well and consistently. It is easy to use for me, my staff, and our clients. I have no major complaints, it does exactly what we need it to do and it does it very well. I highly recommend it.

Pros

I love that I can set up many types of events, give them titles that make sense to me, and color-code them. I also love that I can customize the questions clients will answer when scheduling, and customize the reminders they receive. I also love that I can hide events from my main page, so I can target who I send the link to schedule certain kind of appointments.

Cons

Sometimes when there's a recurring event on my calendar that gets cancelled, my availability in Calendly will still show that time slot as busy. It doesn't happen often, but when it does I have to use a work-around and it takes more time to schedule something into that vacated spot.

TimeTap, Acuity Scheduling and Schedulicity

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

I chose Calendly because I tried the free version of Calendly and loved the experience. While reviewing other apps, some were more geared to offering online classes (which is not what my firm needed). Others seemed to be very complicated, so I liked the simplicity of Calendly compared to those other options - Calendly managed to have many features and options but still keep it pretty clean and simple.
Shaunak
Shaunak

Reviewed on 1/10/2022

Best tool for virtual video/audio meeting booking platform

One of my clients wanted to make an appointment module on their website with can seamlessly integrate with Google Calendar and utilize their Google Meet subscription (which was available with Google Business). They wanted it speedy and fault tolerant. I came across Calendly via my friend, who is a Tarot card reader by profession, this work community used this service to create a page that displays their information, slot-wise options, collects payments, and also schedules based on availability. So overall my and my client's experience with Calendly was awesome, cost & time-saving, and efficient.

Pros

Calendly is an insanely awesome product (SaaS).
1) It helped me create a profile page with a service display.
2) It also provides a personal/custom branding option. (Yes, also in the Free tier)
3) Fault tolerant and efficient call/appointment booking with email clients like Gmail and Outlook.
4) Seemless slot booking and payment collection system with integrations.
5) I love the feature of embedding their iframe in any website.
6) Also, they provide a feature to edit URLs of our choice.
7) Their real-time reporting is also efficient.

All the above points are those which make this platform unique and awesome.

Cons

There are no visible cons to this product. Everything is amazingly great, but one thing which I noticed is after booking a call, I have set up redirection to my website, which takes almost ~20 seconds. This much time a visitor/user will not stay on the page. This needs to be fixed while separating the background process from the front end. Also, I would like to see a UPI payment collector in the integrations.

Zeeg

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

I am also using Zeeg. I am currently exploring Zeeg and Calendly parallelly. I will soon write a review on this as well.
Brittany

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

BEST scheduling software out there

Amazing product. I love all of Calendly's features. Just wish the price was more reasonable, but there are ways around that.

Pros

Calendly may lack a lot of features on the free version, but it still packs quite a punch. Easy to use, very user friendly, can check conflicts in multiple calendars, there is almost no downside to Calendly, other than price.

Cons

Software costs way more than it's worth. Instead, I make a free account for every interview type that I need to book. This helps me use all of the features without needing to pay exorbitant fees.
Their customer service is also pretty bad. They say on their website you can contact them for pricing if you are a non-profit, however they've ignored my every attempt to contact them, so don't count on that. Instead you should make a free account for every interview type, this way you get to use all the features without needing to pay.

CalendarHero

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

CalendarHero SUCKS, they are scammy and they will steal your money and keep charging you until you get Visa to stop it from their end. If that isn't enough reason to choose Calendly, then I have more: Calendly is much more intuitive, has a much prettier interface, and looks great from the client's end, too. CH has none of that - Calendly blows competition out of the water.
Kat
Kat

Reviewed on 28/09/2022

Saves me easily an hour each week—no more back & forth scheduling

It's a crucial part of my business and saves me hours, all for a totally reasonable monthly fee.

Pros

I love being able to set my availability and just send a link. It keeps my calls in manageable blocks, and saves me hours of back and forth trying to find a time. I also think it's much less intimidating for a potential client to book some time via my website, than to have to email me directly about a consult.

I use Calendly for all my non-client calls because it gives me control over how far in advance and how far into the future someone can book.

Cons

I'd prefer to have more control and functionality around automated emails, but current functionality works fine for confirmations and reminders.

You can set a limit on how many of each type of appointment is booked per day, but no overall limit per week/for all events. I like to offer more timeslots as options, but without increasing the number of calls I take per week. Currently I manually block days off in my calendar as I see things fill up, but it would be helpful to have this automated.

Yelle
Yelle

Reviewed on 27/09/2023

Easy to setup, add to calendar, and reschedule

Pros

I most liked that when a meeting was booked, it automatically went into both my and my guest's calendars. We did not need to go to our emails and confirm or "add to calendar"manually... it just went right in.It is also nice that I could customize and color code my profile and meeting types. Making meeting types was easy. Really the whole Calendly setup is easy and quicker than I would have expected.Lastly, when I book using other people's Calendly, I love being able to click on the event in my calendar and reschedule with a reason. This flow is so easy.

Cons

I usually have great feedback on how to improve a product. For this one, Calendly has nailed it!

Rongen
Rongen

Reviewed on 30/09/2023

Calendy is highly customisable and most common booking system

Calendly is a powerful appointment booking that integrates natively into Google Calendar and other CRM platform like Hubspot.

Pros

We like the roundrobin feature with priority labeling per assigned staff. Native integration to Google calendar and google meet. Customisable notification reminder. Buffer setup and appointment groupings.

Cons

There's no limit booking feature per specific client email or block email that has previously been booked. There's no Appointment tracking to limit based on the number set per client email. Quite expensive to order seat per staff.

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

Most commonly used and our clients and staff are familiar with it. We like the round robin feature and ability to manage group calendars.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 1/09/2023

Useful, easy to use, modern

Great experience, I use it on a daily basis and it feels great, the cons are just small details, mostly trivial.

Pros

Great interface: Calendly feels modern and intuitive, it is extremely easy to find what you are looking for and accomplish the tasks you need.Feels modern: The whole experience in Calendly feels fresh and modern, while this might not be important to some people, when you use something on a daily basis it definitely feels good.Easy to manage: Managing multiple calendars and team members is easy, you have all the options at hand and you can make changes, creates new calendars, add team members in few clicks.Automations: The automation options are great, although they could be better. For a basic user

Cons

Would be great to have some extra Zaps to be used in Zapier, right now the existing options are limiting to a point where you need to integrate other tools to be able to accomplish certain workflows.After creating a calendar and defining the type, you can't really change it, instead you have to create a brand new calendar from scratch, quite annoying to figure this out after you have created and configured everything.

Michelle
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 26/09/2023

Calendly: Convenient, integrated, customizable

Overall, it's a benefit to my business. Easy, efficient scheduling, the link is on my website and in my email. I can manage my calendar and availability without blocking out my Outlook calendar, and I can avoid the "when are you available" conversation which is a drag. I will continue to use Calendly for the foreseeable future.

Pros

I have been able to fully customize my appointment scheduling, from the times that I'm available to take appointments, to the types of appointments and when, to how far out meetings can be scheduled, location, etc. Providing specific instructions to attendees depending on the type of meeting they select, asking questions to give me more information before the call, and so forth. Also, it is an efficiency booster because I can avoid the "when are you available" conversation completely and because of the email reminders, I have fewer instances of no-shows.

Cons

I do believe that it's a bit expensive for the service it provides. There are also a lot of features that I don't use, because I don't know how to or the value of them. Calendly could do a better job engaging and educating it's users to use the full functionality (and maybe make the price a better value for the service).

Courtney
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 16/10/2023

Seamless Integration + So easy to use!

We have had a very positive experience. We are seamlessly able to request and schedule meetings with colleagues, departments and clients.

Pros

This is one of the most user friendly scheduling platforms I have used. Our integration and set up were very smooth and didn't have any hiccups. Each member of the team, both seasoned + green were able to quickly adapt to using this platform on a daily basis. I highly recommend it!

Cons

There are no hiccups or issues that we experienced with our use of Calendly so far.

Zoho Meeting and GoTo Meeting

Reasons for Choosing Calendly

We wanted something more comprehensive.

Google Meet
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 6/10/2023

An excellent product but with one HUGE GAPING HOLE for us.

It's great for clients to get themselves booked into our system. It's just terrible for making marketing decisions/plans with.

Pros

The ease of use for the user, the client, and administrator.

Cons

I mentioned this earlier, we NEED a report for the TOTAL number of open slots for and event type, for any given day across multiple reps. GLARING feature omission.

Acuity Scheduling and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Calendly

Simplicity for the client and staff

OnceHub

Simplicity
Taylor

Reviewed on 17/05/2023

Life Saver for Assistants

Overall, I like using calendly and have had a great experience. Calendly saves the client and me time by making scheduling super quick and easy!

Pros

I am an EA for a high level employee at our company and often am scheduling several calls a day. Balancing international time zones mixed with busy schedules creates quite the headache! We implemented Calendly a few years ago and it has been amazing for one on one client calls. The sync feature ensures that there won't be overlap for the Executive and the buffer feature allows me to leave room between calls in case things run over. It's very nice to be able to just send a link to someone and all the scheduling is done, zoom calls and google calendar invites included!

Cons

I don't know if this would be possible but I would like to see a scheduling function that allows for multiple schedules. If I need to schedule for my Executive along with our CEO and a client, I have to do that manually and sometimes, the attendees add up! It would be great to see a sync with multiple calendars within one link, allowing me to send just one link to the client that has availability of our whole team!