About Copper

Copper is an easy-to-use CRM for small- and medium-sized businesses that need a better way to manage leads & grow customer relationships. If you don't have time for data entry, tedious admin tasks, or overly complex tools, Copper...

Browse Copper Reviews

Scott G. Scott G.

Reviewed on 1/07/2020

The CRM for sales team on Gsuite

I've used a lot of CRMs, from Salesforce to Pipedrive. Copper is hands down the best. Easy to use, easy for the team to adopt but still very powerful under the hood.

Pros

Automated data entry. Pre-populates a lot of my contacts data so adding new leads is a simple point and click.
The gmail integration is amazing. I can get a clear picture of my entire relationship from where I work - gmail.
Im really starting loving the workflow automations and cool calculated fields I can make now.

Cons

I'd like to see a better native integration with an email automation software

Salesforce Sales Cloud, Pipedrive and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Copper

I kept losing track of my conversations and follow up actions.

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Salesforce clunky, very expensive and the team hated it. As a small business we didn't use 30% of it. Pipedrive was ok, but very simple and seemed to suit a very small team. It lacked multiple pipelines and didnt have the integration to Gsuite that Copper provided. Hubspot free was very simple and the full paid version of hubspot was super expensive. I didn't need the marketing features at all. Copper also had a better user experience and gsuite integration.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 12/08/2021

I really like Copper

For us it all hinges on Opportunity tracking - which we modified into a "start-to-finish/inquiry-to-money-collected" tracker. We don't use the project management or task management.

Pros

The Google integration and drag and drop pipelines/stages are what sold me. It didn't take long to learn and start modifying it for our activity/information needs. The mobile version is more than adequate and the whole UI is well done.

Like all good software, I'm sure there are features and shortcuts we don't use enough, but basically, it is more than suited for what we use it for; Customer information and job process tracking.

Cons

These cost more money - via upgrade; Mailchimp integration, adding many custom fields, and better than limited reporting. We run the Basic version.

Zoho CRM, Insightly and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Copper

It was the best UI, Google integrated, flexible one of what we looked at.
Artem R. Artem R.

Reviewed on 3/09/2021

Good, well-balanced small business CRM

Pros

Copper is feature-rich and did everything we wanted it to do to manage sales at a relatively large website.

We used Copper to manage leads, convert them to opportunities, track payments, and fulfill our clients' orders.

We also set up integrations with Slack and Google Forms, which made it much easier for clients to reach out and for us to track progress and discuss projects in a single tool (Slack).

Cons

Pricing could be more competitive, but compared to Salesforce, it's probably not bad at all.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Price and simplicity, given how capable it still was for our needs.

Top Copper Alternatives

Marc-antoine B. Marc-antoine B.
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 16/08/2021

Copper is a great tool for sales, contacts and tasks management

Copper is defenitely a very powerful tool when it comes down to sales and task management. It is easy and instinctive to use!

Pros

As a booking agent and as an artist manager, the 2 things that I enjoy the most with Copper are the Task Manager and the Contact List features.

It goes without saying that the contact list manager is a very powerful tool. It is easy to use: whether you just want to browse through the contacts, uplaod/add new clients or even if you need to find a "needle in a haystack". All the filters that you can apply in a research are super helpful!

The task Manager is also one of the main feature that I use on a daily basis. I find it super easy and convinient to set up remainders and follow ups. It is also very useful when it comes down to dedicate tasks to colleagues (without having to talk to them, because you can be very clear using the "details" section).

Cons

I think probably the biggest issue I have with Copper is that we are all francophones at Doze Agency. Because the version of the software we are using is in English, we sometimes have problems with some "list management". We sometimes have to use some special caracters in French (for exemple: "é", "è", "à", etc.). Maybe a French version of the software is not an option, but a cool feature would be that the software could associate special caracters like "é" to the letter "e" or a caracter like "à" to the letter "a". I know it may sound strange to some, and I don't know to what extent there are other french speaking users of the software, but it would defenitely be a great plus!

Jeff N. Jeff N.

Awesome CRM with Great Support

Excellent.

Pros

- works well with Gmail
- works well, intuitive
- great support

Cons

too expensive when I try to integrate with MailChimp.

Nimble

Reasons for Choosing Copper

Integration with Gmail. Better interface.

Solve CRM

better interface more intuitive

Response from Copper

Thanks, Jeff!

Replied 21/02/2020
Jake L. Jake L.

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

Finally, a CRM a sales guy can live with

This is the easiest to use most intuitive CRM system that I have ever worked with in the 25+ year career. I especially like the automatic integration with GSuite (gmail & calendar). I like the user interface and workflow to move opportunities through the sales process. The online support team have been great to work with and seem quite knowledgeable about the product.

Pros

I like the simplicity of how it is laid out. It was easy to customize to some of my company's unique requirements. Because it automatically syncs to my email and calendar, it eliminates hours of typical data entry that I have been frustrated with other systems. The integration with Linkedin is also a nice feature when I am entering leads.

Cons

There are a few advanced features that I wish were available at the basic level. Otherwise, the product is too expensive at higher levels.

Duane K. Duane K.

Reviewed on 26/04/2018

This is the best CRM for a small business I have ever used

Pros

Ease of use, Flexibility, Multi Businesses can be operated from the same database. This system is easy to customize and automate. I like that it can be automated to other programs I use using Zapier or direct links to the software through API. It is also most useful because it integrates well with Gmail. Training team members is easy and straightforward. Their support tools make bring new people onto the system effortless. Each channel of sales can have it's own steps process to complete a sale. You can do reports by each Channel.

Cons

Support tickets take too long to process. Rather than just provide an answer to your request, the system contacts you to make sure you still have the question open and then you must refresh the ticket. Seems to be a glitch in their Zhen Dest process. Because I am in China doing some work, I find this most irritating. I cannot seem to get them to fix this problem. I wrote a letter to the president of the company after he wrote me wanting to know my opinion of the system but he never answered. The company is growing quickly and that is good but sometimes it also causes delays in getting the little things fixed. Over all though, I give the company a 5 start rating for effort, design, support and usefulness.

Madeline G. Madeline G.

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

A lifesaver for small companies!

I highly recommend Copper to companies who are looking to spend less time organizing touchpoints and more time doing the actual work at hand. Copper makes customer tracking and communications simple and has been a pleasure to work with.

Pros

- Couldn't be easier to implement (went live same day)
- Automatically gathers contact information for quick reference and reporting
- Easy-to-design email templates, scheduling, pipeline creation

Cons

- Logging in sometimes takes a few tries
- Chrome extension sometimes does not automatically login (deters use)
- More clear-cut pipeline design for product adoption (could be more customizability for business needs)

Response from Copper

Loving all the gold stars, Madeline! Thank you for the feedback.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 20/10/2019

Cool Copper

I set up all of my meetings and have all of my business and many of my personal contacts set up in Copper.

Pros

Copper tracks activity well and ability to make it a custom application for my use is helpful. I also like that it integrates with Gmail our company's email platform.

Cons

A bit expensive. No ability to attach files to emails sent within the system. Files can be attached if using Gmail.

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Its ability to integrate with Google products.

Response from Copper

Greatly appreciate the review! As for the con you've listed, we do have a feature on the horizon that will address that concern and positively impact Copper users in a big way.

Replied 22/10/2019
Joshua A. Joshua A.

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

Great product, built on the best email provider!

- We used to use Pipedrive before Copper however when we got to know about this tool we have been really pleased with the decision to migrate to this tool
- I carried on the migration for my company and I faced little to no challenges in order to migrate my data
- Since, we need to work on it daily it is really a good experience to handle this tool
- Feed back from the team has been great as well.

Pros

-Best thing about it is the seamless integration with Gmail and the plugin that it provides within the email.
- Really like their training / help centre
- Workfllow automation is great, been using it a lot
- Get good reports out of these, especially the sales forecast and activites

Cons

- If I were to point out, it would be that they do not have a continuous support over livechat on weekends for certain hours.

- There isn't a direct way to get a report out of copper for any opportunities that have been moved to a particular stage at a particular time

Jonathan D. Jonathan D.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 22/07/2018

Satisfied although they need to evolve a bit more

If you want a good solid system, inexpensive, that is distributed amongst free google functions get it. We looked at a lot of crms and pick this one.

Pros

We are a small two-person firm needing a simple crm to manage our clients. Prosperworks/Copper works for us. We can enter companies and people and attach notes. We have installed it under a Google G Suite account so we use Gmail for mail, Google calendar, Google contacts and Google Drive. P/C integrates with all of these and works fine. Updates in the crm propagate to gmail and contacts. It also logs emails under the right person. P/C has a facility for Tasks (which we don't really use - it is a bit lunky) , Leads and Opportunities which we don't use so we can't comment on them. Since you are not using a big crm it is very inexpensive yet gives us everything we need.

Cons

Some obvious things which I assume will be fixed soon. No Birthdays. Its default is to sort by first name! It would be nice if changes to Google Contacts would propagate back to P/C but if you are using the crm then not really an issue. Also it would be nice if it logged phone calls and DocuSign stuff for free but I think you can get that through paid add-ins.

Mohit L. Mohit L.

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

So far the best CRM

Great platform to manage the leads an opportunity. Seamless experience as it integrates with gmail.

Pros

The drag and drop feature for opportunities works the best. Eg: Qualified lead to pricing sent etc.
The integration with Gmail is fantastic. No need to go to the actual Copper website to create a lead or an opportunity, it can simply be done from your gmail page.

The files column helps to keep all documents at one single place for review. Also, the tag functionality works for me very well in terms of a collaborative effort on a specific opportunity.

Cons

Logging the task of an opportunity even once you have marked it as done. I feel this is unnecessary

James S. James S.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 21/02/2020

Been a useful business tool

Pros

The way I am able to view my opportunity pipeline

Cons

cant take time stamps of daily values and export

Response from Copper

Thanks for the review, James.

Replied 3/03/2020
Bob S. Bob S.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 20/08/2021

Easy, Powerful CRM

If you are using Google Workspace, this is the simplest and most powerful way to manage your customers.

Pros

Copper lets me do everything within Chrome--creating contacts, opportunities and tasks; following up with leads; tracking projects; searching for all of the above. It has saved time, built efficiency, and boosted our revenue.

Cons

Customized fields aren't "smart." That is the only thing I can think of!

Alex D. Alex D.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 25/03/2019

Get all you need to handle your sales opportunity

I really appreciate this CRM and since I use it I experienced several improvements. Cooper was my greatest choice to handle with sales opportunity.
The price maybe too high when compared with others softwares as soon? Maybe.

Pros

Still easy to use, although with the necessary improvements it is starting to get complex. But I say that they are in the right balance between increasing functionality and ease of use of the software. frequent updates make the system more complete whether it's desktop or Android application.

Cons

Help library is not sufficient to solve or explain common questions. Projects feature could be more useful in order to helping to handle won or loose opportunities. And Projects not all integrated with the rest of functions. I don't know why. AI not arrived at Cooper too.

Luc prem J. Luc prem J.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

User experience

Pros

Ease of use and its strong and seamless integration with Google suite.

Cons

Personalized customer support when needed.

Aaron F. Aaron F.

Easy to use / Links with Gmail

Pros

My favorite feature is the ability to link with Gmail. It is also very easy to filter through contacts, opportunities, and leads to help gain sales.

Cons

Unable to load sales data easily from excel spreadsheets.

Response from Copper

Really appreciate the review, Aaron. Thank you!

Jake K. Jake K.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

Copper has helped my company organize all kinds of customer information in a way that makes things more manageable for us. We literally have thousands of customers and Copper keeps all their information, points of contact, sales info in one central place for a almost everyone in our company to have access to it.

Pros

I like the ease of use and that is is compatible with my Google email, makes going between email and CRM seamless!

Cons

That you can't set a default task deadline, it defaults to 1 day and you can't change that. I would set my default at 1 week if I was able to, often times following up 1 day after doing something is too soon.

Response from Copper

Thanks, Jake!

Dave C. Dave C.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

Best CRM out there if you are looking for Gmail Intergration

Huge time saver.

Pros

I have tested many CRMs and Copper's Gmail integration is the best. The design of the interface is unobtrusive, very intuitive and presents the information in a way that allows you to quickly take action. Also the contact information it imports and presents from email recipients is the best I have seen. Most of the other CRMs I tested required some level of manual entry, where Copper imported all the important fields automatically and on average was much more accurate.

Cons

The calendar/ scheduling feature is seriously lacking and I wish they had better options for email sequencing.

Maria M. Maria M.

Reviewed on 21/08/2018

Not that Great

This is sold as limiting data entry, and it does a little. Maybe more once we get very familiar and are not trying to back track so that we can just use one system and not two while we get the other set up. I have to say that the OnBoarding that they provide is very good, and I like that they are able to provide that. I think some of the pitfalls are simply because it is web hosted and that comes with its own assortment of issues.

Pros

I like that I (theoretically) can see emails that were sent to a client even if I was not included, it makes it more helpful when I am trying to find information, or figure out what the status of a client is. The automated tasks are useful if you do them right.

Cons

It is constantly syncing and if you are a fast typer it will delete what you have written while it was syncing sometimes. That is incredibly frustrating. It's also not a totally intuitive system, it is obviously still in its early stages and therefore a little clunky. Also, if you are not an admin you have basically no power to add things that you might need in a sort of random situation. I have to go to my admin all the time to add things that I need, and maybe it is only for one client, but I need that field or option or automated task and I am not allowed to add it myself. You are unable to view more than one client in the small side bar of an "opportunity", and you are unable to see their names when just looking at the opportunity. Also the terms that they use are very salesy, and not very customizable or people oriented. The customization of how you view things also seems very limited. I like being able to view all my contacts by last name, that isn't really easily possible with this. It's just an adjustment but it would be a lot better for me if it was not something that I had to adjust to. It is web hosted so if you are not somewhere with wifi or data you can't access anything.

David W. David W.

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

Great CRM for consulting firms

I have really enjoyed it. The software is quite customizable using custom fields and tags. It has allowed me to tailor it nicely to my business.

Pros

Integration with Google Apps makes it extremely easy to use. Lives within my email window - so I'm always updating it

Cons

Reporting is fairly basic - could stand to be enhanced further

Jeffrey S. Jeffrey S.

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

Prosperworks to Copper. I like!

From initial sales contact to close the process was close to friction-less. Data in, Data out is a manta I hold close the heart. Copper makes it easy to get data in. I would like to see more out of the box, deeper reporting, which I understand is coming down the dev pipeline.

Pros

Driving the prospect/ lead to qualification and to close won is visibly a great addition for us, using Copper.

Cons

some of the reporting is limited, or not as easy to generate out of the box. Work with account manager is helpful here.

Ghadeir A. Ghadeir A.
  • Industry: Capital Markets

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

Great for start ups

the overall business experience was great. it served its purpose for what we needed, but we needed to find another solution as we were getting service heavy

Pros

I liked how easy it was to use and import and export and update data.

Cons

We were limited on the number of record types we can create. we deal with services and there was no way to customize the software to include this.

Response from Copper

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, Ghadeir.

Replied 3/03/2020
Mike M. Mike M.
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 12/08/2021

Copper, a good fit for our business

Best for me is not allowing leads and requirements go past dates needed

Pros

lead tracking, single view with all info available

Cons

Hard to say since I really only use what is important and haven't dug into the finer points

Brian Z. Brian Z.

Reviewed on 28/06/2018

Great solution that fit exactly what our company needed. Quick/seamless onboarding.

Pros

Very easy to use and intuitive. Went from an organization with no formalized CRM to being fully onboarded with all users in the matter of a weeks. Great support throughout the process and frequent touch points to ensure all users were up and running and all questions were answered. Has been a great asset to our company and better enabled our sales process and sales people.

Cons

No glaring cons that we've identified as of yet. We haven't really experienced any user adoption issues given the ease of use.