ClockShark Reviews

About ClockShark

ClockShark is a cloud-based time tracking system that helps businesses in the construction and field service industries to manage their mobile workforces. Features include time and attendance tracking, employee scheduling,...

4.8

Browse ClockShark Reviews

1,898 of 1,898 reviews
Destyny
Destyny

We love ClockShark

I love ClockShark. We actually had ClockShark in 2019 and left for ADP in 2020… then came back 3 months later because nothing compares to ClockShark.

Pros

I love the customizable tasks, it allows me to run reports based upon locations. This helps us control costs

Cons

Wish it could accommodate different time zones. Use have two separate accounts since were in multiple time zones

Ronny

Reviewed on 7/07/2021

If you have anything more than 5 employees, you need ClockShark.

If you're going to ClockShark from a manual timesheet method, you don't realize how much you can truly save by going to ClockShark. Our favorite part of ClockShark is their team. They are VERY awesome to work with - You have NO idea how important they are to us not just from a technical standpoint, but from the standpoint of making our lives easier all around. They have yet to cease to amaze us in their customer service skills, down-to-earth attitudes, and technical skills. [insert Wayne and Garth bowing and saying "we're not worthy! we're not worthy"]

Pros

We've had other systems in the past. While they were great, ClockShark was the most affordable with the most features and support. Their team has never let us down. Additionally, they made the setup effortless.

Cons

The billing of ClockShark is just a little bit confusing when you're adding/removing employees from the system within a given year. It would me nice to show which users were added/removed when showing changes in billing. The use and need of an email address from each employee is limiting whereas if we needed to hire contract workers and log their hours, they would need to have an email address for logging in. This makes it difficult if you have the same person working for two companies using ClockShark.

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

Primarily looking for DCMA compliance, but also looking for a cheaper alternative to Tsheets.

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

The amount of features for the affordable costs, along with the DCMA compliance and the sales and support. It was an all-around win-win situation honestly.
Jeremiah

Reviewed on 16/02/2022

Good for 1 job per day work sites, user friendly

User friendly for many things especially adding new jobs to the clock, but as I mentioned before, only good for one job per day shops. And, the base cost per month is put this at a rate much higher than similar programs, especially for small shops.

Pros

Easy to add jobs to the time clock. Job roster is easy to look over with "Hours worked" and "Hours Budgeted" readily available, no having running reports to bill customers.

Cons

Cannot edit employees while they are clocked in the system. Other programs will allow me to fix errors during the day, such as clocked into the wrong job in the morning or missed clocking in when they started working. Editing during the day while the error is fresh allows me to get a head start on payroll and being sure employees are paid for the work they do and that time is billed to the proper job. Base monthly costs put this program at a higher monthly cost than similar programs.

Response from ClockShark

Hi, Jeremiah! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a detailed review, we truly appreciate it. The ability to edit an employee's time while they are clocked in is an excellent suggestion that I would be happy to pass along to our Product Development team. If you have any other ideas on how ClockShark can be improved, please submit them here: http://ideas.clockshark.com/

As for the cost of the monthly base fee, it goes to the following:
-5-star rated customer support when you need it
-Account implementation and maintenance
-Continuing tutorials and training
-Ongoing software updates and improvements
-And Unlimited data storage

If you have any further questions or comments, we'd be happy to hear them!

Replied 18/02/2022

Top ClockShark Alternatives

Ciro

Reviewed on 16/04/2024

Dependable Time Allocation Solution.

ClockShark has relevant time control, where allocation is made, and there are accessible scheduling measures.

Pros

ClockShark has made every time management efficient, and there scheduling of all activities.

Cons

ClockShark has made effective ways of controlling time, and there are no challenges.

Molly

Reviewed on 7/07/2020

Great product

Overall experience has been great. Great price point, great customer service. They are always evolving and that is what keeps us here. They are willing to make adjustments based on the ever change environment and needs of their customers.

Pros

Customer service is beyond fantastic! The team really cares about the feedback and suggestions they receive and do their best to implement as much as they can. The simplicity to the user is great as we have technicians that need things to be quick and simple. Reports have come along way in the past year. They give a lot of information and you are able to customize them a bit more now. Implementation is quick and easy. Works amazingly well with QuickBooks and other similar software.

Cons

There are some changes I would make personally to fit our needs. There isn't any real cons with Clockshark honestly. It does what we need it to do and the things it doesn't are simply requests we'd like to see to fit us better as a company.

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

TSheets was not working back then on a mobile app and it was too complicated for our technicians.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

We liked the fact that ClockShark would would seamlessly with QuickBooks and we did not need to change our software completely. It was also the right price point for us with the number of employees we had at the time.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Molly!

Thank you for the review. So glad to hear our customer support team was able to help you in the past. That's great that your technicians can get their work completed faster with ClockShark. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied 28/07/2020
Jessica

Reviewed on 14/04/2020

Awesome Product for the Construction Industry

Overall I fee this product is wonderful! It has almost everything that we need for what we do in the Excavation, Demolition & Underground Utilities portion of the Construction industry that we are in. I looked and A LOT of different time keeping products and even used the free trials on a few... I am so happy that I ended up choosing this product in the end!

Pros

I like that this product was easy to set-up and my employees (who have had trouble with other timecard apps in the past) find it very easy to use and understand. I really like all of the customizations that I can do and the reports really help me see where my employee's time is being spent in greater detail. I love all of the different reports that can be accessed. This product definitely has great value for the money! It is exactly what we needed for our construction crews!!

Cons

Trying to figure out which report does what can be a little confusing. I think the better report descriptions and maybe a quick example to look at before choosing/downloading would be beneficial. While there is gps or geolocating, I would find it very useful to have the employees be able to clock in under one job, but have it notify me if they employee clocked in outside of that location for specific job tasks. For example, if I have an employee clocked in under job "A" as "driving" out the job, I know they are outside of the boundaries, however, when the switch tasks to "Laborer" I want to know if they are within a specific radius/boundary for that same job "A". Especially since my employees get paid significantly different between the two tasks... I would like to automatically be notified if they are where they say they are supposed to be for that task.

Response from ClockShark

Hello Jessica,

Thank you for the 5-star review! We are happy to hear that you LOVE that you can customize your reports and how easy it is to use. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied 18/05/2020
Keri

Reviewed on 13/04/2020

What a Difference!

We're getting a much better overall picture of the time used. I began seeing a general pattern in travel times to and from the jobs. Time going to a job was consistently longer than coming home. Turns out they were stopping to pick up parts along the way. While one guy went into the supply house, three more were sitting in the truck. Processes were put in place to eliminate the need for the stop.

Pros

Simple setup, easy to use by crew and for me the best part is that it actually calculates the overtime.

Cons

As a construction company, we often use multiple rates for the same guy. First of all, they all make different rates depending on their skills and time with the company. Second, they make less to ride in the truck than they do when they're onsite. It would be awesome if this could somehow be factored in.

Response from ClockShark

Hello Keri,

Thank you for the 5-star review! So glad to hear that ClockShark is easy for you and your team to use. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied 18/05/2020
Angel
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 18/05/2020

My Rewview

Overall works great for our line of work my techs are able to log in every time keeps a clean record of the hours worked easy to approve the time.

Pros

Since we had technicians I need to know where they are all the time I like the fact that it will show me the entire route for the day.

Cons

The GPS does not give me an update per minute on the same day.

WebTitan , Time Tracker and TimeClick

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

My techs were having problems not able to log in, some of my techs had to reset their password every week and every time I called tech support they could not find the problem or they would create a ticket to have a more season tech review and no one ever got back to us.

Timesheets.com

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

Some of them were overpriced and require a year subscription and they would deduct on a monthly basis and if I cancel they would prorate it and return the difference. The other did not have a good GPS program and would not record the entire day if they ever lost their internet on the phone.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Angel!

We appreciate the review. Glad to hear that you enjoy ClockShark's GPSTrak feature to see where your employees are at during the day. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied 5/06/2020

Reviewed on 8/12/2021

Almost perfect for a simple all in one solution

Pros

Easy to use. Clean and simple user interface. Reliable. Have not experienced server downtown whereas we have often with other apps. Employee schedule is very useful especially with being able to see the roster in the Y-axis and the week's days in the X-axis. Customer support is very helpful and fast at responding. Customer support really makes this company/software stand out.

Cons

Better project management features. For example, gantt charts, to-do lists, and template building. Managing job sites is also very difficult past a couple dozen. It would be amazing to bulk edit e.g. select multiple job sites and edit details such as Client information or group them together under a category/group/folder.

Connecteam and ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

For simplicity. Team working in the field already had familiarity with clocking time on the mobile app.
Devendra Kumar
Devendra Kumar
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 2/04/2023

"Revolutionize Your Employee Time tracking with ClockShark Software:A Game-Changer for Your...

In my experience with ClockShark, it has proven to be a popular and efficient time-tracking software for companies that employ remote or mobile workers. The platform is equipped with a wide range of features such as clock-in and out, scheduling, time tracking, and project management tools that are very useful for managers. Additionally, ClockShark can be easily integrated with popular payroll and accounting software like QuickBooks, ADP, and Gusto. Users have reported a positive experience with the user-friendly interface, video tutorials, and knowledge base. However, some users have had challenges with the mobile app's GPS tracking and syncing data. The software also lacks invoicing capabilities, which may be an issue for some businesses. Despite these limitations, ClockShark remains a widely used and effective time-tracking software.

Pros

I can attest to the numerous impactful features that make it a popular choice. The mobile time tracking feature is particularly useful, allowing employees to track their time on the go using their mobile devices. I also appreciate the real-time reporting feature, which enables managers to access up-to-date information on employee time and attendance. Additionally, the vacation/leave tracking feature helps me manage employee time off requests and ensures adequate staffing.What I find most impressive are the product's user-friendly interface and straightforward navigation. ClockShark also provides excellent customer support, with responsive and helpful representatives available to assist with any questions or issues.Integration with existing business processes can vary depending on organizational needs. Nevertheless, ClockShark offers several integrations with popular software platforms like QuickBooks and ADP, which helps to streamline workflows and reduce data entry time.Overall, ClockShark is a comprehensive and dependable time-tracking solution that caters to businesses of all sizes.

Cons

In my experience, some common issues with ClockShark include difficulty with the mobile app, especially when it comes to GPS tracking and syncing data. The integration process can also be challenging, particularly with custom data mappings. Moreover, some users have reported that the software lacks invoicing capabilities, which can be a disadvantage for some businesses.

Kristen

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Good product - company is always trying to improve

Pros

Integration was easy. I appreciate that ClockShark is always looking for areas to improve and add new features. Other time tracking companies I've used haven't been as interactive with their customers. ClockShark is very open to suggestions and understanding our business processes.

Cons

I dislike that there are some integration limitations with Canadian QuickBooks Online. Would like for an option to make notes on timesheets mandatory instead of optional. It was mandatory in the previous program that we used and now we are having a hard time getting our techs to record what they've done when the system doesn't force them to add notes.

TMetric

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

We were having major issues with the program and they were not responsive to our needs. They would not follow up on our case despite constant followups on my part. The program wasn't working at all which caused a lot of work on our end and they continued to bill us.

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

We use Salesforce as our field service management system. We were interested in this program but found the ClockShark app to be more tech friendly than the Salesforce one app.
Sean

Reviewed on 4/06/2020

Ease of use at an easy price

Pros

I was trying to keep track of time for everyone with paper time sheets or emails--which, often fell to a low priority and daily tasks and actual time weren't be accounted for. In looking at various time tracking apps, I actually stumbled across ClockShark. Right from the beginning, it was intuitive and user friendly, and it was easy to add jobs and tasks on the fly from my phone, which then populated those tasks as something to choose on ANY job, which is super useful as a renovation contractor. Being a small company, I wear many hats in the office and on job sites--I do it all and do not have ANY office staff other than myself. Having a program that was so quick and easy to implement, as well as easy to manage daily as needed without spending a lot of time on the task, has made my life exceedingly less difficult.

Cons

I probably don't use the software to the fullest extent, so I am sure there is something that may come up later--but right now, adding users is a bit more of a pain than I would like.. but even then, that's pretty easy.

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

Price and saw how easy and intuitive it was during the free trial.

Response from ClockShark

Hello Sean,

Thank you for the review! We are happy to hear that ClockShark took some of the stress away that you have as a small business owner. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied 15/06/2020

Reviewed on 28/10/2021

Honest review from somewhat new user

Pros

It is very user friendly and connects with Sage 100 contractor through the Ryvit connector. It is also cheaper than other options and they don't try to sell you on HR or other functions really. All about time tracking and hours reporting.

Cons

There are some features that could be better. For example, scheduling I would like to see the availability to only pick cost codes that are in the budget. Similarly, when switching cost codes administratively for a field employee that picked the wrong one, I'd like to see only the budgeted cost codes. Lastly, there should be a way to remove inactive cost codes. We have a ton that are no longer used and I want to remove them from CS entirely.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

It is very user friendly and budget friendly. It integrates well with our accounting software (via an add-in). CS also is exactly what we're looking for: a time tracking software to job cost employees' hours. They aren't trying to sell us on a bunch of other products.
Damon

Reviewed on 9/06/2023

Money saver, - Time maker

Love it , it’s become a normal, comfortable routine with employees…everyone knows it and feels like they have control over their own timecards

Pros

Timeclock, auto transfer & compatibility, & the ability to know the status of crews without calls or physical presence

Cons

At first, mapping everything to existing books, but on autopilot now

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

Catchy name, and it’s own entity separate from bookkeeping, yet compatible - Employees feel like it’s their time protection
Christine

Reviewed on 16/03/2022

You need This

From the moment we started the free trial the customer service was top notch. They reached out right away and assisted with the many questions I had and was able to streamline our entire company to functional on their site. It has so many features which we have not fully used as we are not quite there on our side but are looking forward to integrating those into our company. This software has been able to release a lot of time we were spending on payroll/time clock and job costing. the reports are so detailed that the owner just loves seeing everything on one spot with just a simple click. Imputing the information weather, it is an employee/task or job is simple and again if you are unsure of something or are looking for it to run a certian way customer service is on top of it and make it easy for you to understand.

Pros

The software is super easy to use and understand, it is very self-explanatory.

Cons

Nothing so far to report! It is amazing for entire team

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

This badge system had the field guys coming to the shop every day to punch in and out which in the long run was costing the company more money for their time to drive back. The system we were using was not always running smooth and had to fix or ask what their time was on a daily. It also did not allow us to see the job costing side of things.

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

This was the easiest to use and was highly rated from other clients/customers we work with.
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 8/06/2023

30 Minute Break, or not?

Best program for both schedule and time clock. That's basically all I use it for, and time off of course

Pros

time clock and scheduler all in one program

Cons

I feel its a bit expensive per year.The break time calculator is tough for my business. I'd like to see it individualized, per employee. So I can have the option of how to give the 30 min paid break

When I Work and On-Time Web

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

Just not that happy with logistics of it working as a scheduler and time clock. I really liked the scheduler section and also the pricing was more manageable.

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

scheduler was easier for me and the way I schedule employees
Addie

Reviewed on 28/10/2021

Robust time tracking software with lots of extra features

I am glad we switched to ClockShark. Their customer service is really responsive and you don't sit on hold for hours. They have a suggestion box for features users are interested in. Overall my experience has been great and when I hear other folks are looking for a time tracking solution I always recommend ClockShark.

Pros

This software ticked all the boxes I was looking for: time tracking with GPS location, GPS tracking while clocked in, a mobile app, crew clock-in, and kiosk ability, a web dashboard that's admin-friendly and easy to use, and the ability for me to reset passwords & fix access in-house instead of having to have my employee contact customer service on their own to do it. We don't even use all of the features of our pretty basic subscription so even at this very budget-friendly price point we have room to grow to before we'd even need to upgrade. I've heard about and looked at all of the project management features and tools and I'm excited to someday use those to their fullest potential enough to need to upgrade.

Cons

I wish I could duplicate time entries for some workers from week to week or day to day. For instance, I have one worker for who I enter things manually and it would be really handy to be able to make a time entry on Monday, save it and then duplicate it but change the date to Tuesday. I would also really like to mark or save the reports I run most frequently with my preferred settings/customizations. Also, a Spanish version of the software would be great.

geoeges
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 16/02/2023

SharkClock : A practical and fun application for shark lovers

ClockShark is an excellent tool for time management. The user interface is simple and easy to use, making it easy for employees to record their time. The software is also very reliable and provides accurate employee time data, which is very useful for overtime management, payroll and project management. In addition, advanced features such as geolocation and team scheduling allow for better resource management and communication. Finally, ClockShark's customer support is excellent and responds quickly to requests for assistance. I highly recommend ClockShark to any company looking to optimize time management.

Pros

HorlogeRequin is an online project management tool that has several advantages for users, including:Ease of use: HorlogeRequin is easy to use, even for people who do not have technical knowledge of project management. The user interface is intuitive and clear, making it easy to plan, organize and track projects.Collaboration features: ClockRequin allows team members to work together in real time, share files, communicate and track project progress. This facilitates collaboration and allows for more efficient teamwork.Project Tracking: ClockRequin offers powerful project tracking features that allow you to track deadlines, tasks, budgets and resources. This helps identify potential problems and ensure that the project is progressing as planned.Flexibility: ClockRequin is flexible and can be used for different types of projects, whether they are simple or complex. It can also be used by teams of different sizes and in different industries.Customer support: HorlogeRequin offers quality customer support, with a team of professionals dedicated to helping users solve problems and answer their questions.

Cons

ClockShark is a time tracking application for businesses that has significant benefits for managing work time, but it can also have some drawbacks for users. Here are some of the potential disadvantages of ClockShark:User interface: some users may find ClockShark's user interface a bit difficult to use and not very intuitive.Feature limitations: ClockShark may not be suitable for all businesses, especially those with advanced time and payroll needs.Cost: ClockShark's cost can be high for small businesses or freelancers who need basic time tracking functionality.Internet Dependency: Because ClockShark is a cloud-based application, users depend on a stable Internet connection to access the application and record their time, which can be problematic in some situations.

Donna

Reviewed on 2/11/2016

Frustration with time & attendance for a small business

I use Clock Shark's time & attendance software for our hourly & salaried employees in the office & field (not commissioned sales personnel). My search for finding this software was a result of being frustrated from an administrative standpoint of dealing with the paper timesheet for many years. No matter what changes I would implement to make procedures more stream-lined, it was difficult to get the results I wanted. Over the course of several years, I had researched and found many time & attendance software systems which would accommodate our needs. However, the costs for the software and maintenance were not feasible for a company our size - small. In 2015 I finally found Clock Shark that met my criteria - affordable, intuitive for the end user, receive timesheets on time to meet payroll, and job-costed correctly 98% of the time. I also discovered that the bonus of this software app was it integrated with Quickbooks payroll and has the capability to GPS track. After a few weeks of test runs with the app last October, I implemented the software on Jan 1 of this year. While there were some minor hiccups at the transition to this new system (mostly user errors), overall it performed well and eliminated most of my administrative frustrations dealing with the timesheet. The by-product of transitioning to this system was that it held everyone accountable and lowered our payroll costs. Since implementing the software, it has made my life easier for payroll and job costing purposes. The other unseen benefit is the ability to check on where your employees are or what they are working on while you are out of the office anywhere in the world that has internet service. It proved to work well when I traveled to Europe this summer. Even though we have a good staff and trust them, I was curious to see what would happen while I was out of town. I quit looking after a few days when I realized everyone was being held accountable to the time & attendance software. And even if I never did look, I had the ability to look at the time clock punch entries at a later time if something was questionable. I'm getting close to a year of using this software app, and overall it has taken away a lot of frustration I was experiencing with timesheets. I've been very happy with Clock Shark overall.

Pros

Ease of use for employees, job cost tracking

Leslie

Reviewed on 16/04/2018

Straightforward time clock software with easy-to-use app

Saves us money and streamlined our timesheet process, plus integrates with our accounting/payroll software for more specificity in job costing.

Pros

It integrates with Quickbooks! It saves us a lot of staff hours to not have to manually enter time on each employee each week. This is especially true since we have to tie nearly all staff hours directly to the customer and job they were working on, which often is multiple jobs per employee per day. The app is easy to use, so our crew leaders are able to make sure their crew clocks in and out on the job, even when they're on the go and running from one job to another.

Cons

It took a little while to get everything set up just right so that ClockShark would work with all of our other systems and processes, but customer service was helpful and responsive through the process. Once we got it set up right, it's been smooth sailing. Definitely saves us money overall and helps us keep job costing reports accurate since all staff hours can be tied directly to the job they were working on.

Response from ClockShark

Hey, Leslie! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with ClockShark here on Capterra! Glad to hear everything is going so well, and that you're saving time and money using automated time tracking w/ QuickBooks!

We'll be sure to pass along your compliments to our Customer Success team. They'll appreciate your shout out, and of course, they're always happy to help if you need them. :)

Glad to have you as part of the ClockShark team, Leslie! Have a wonderful rest of your day!

-Morgan @ ClockShark-

Replied 17/04/2018
Moises
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 26/04/2023

Mastering Employee Scheduling with ClockShark: A Game Changer

The ability to integrate ClockShark with other software tools, such as QuickBooks, has streamlined my workflow and made managing payroll and invoicing much simpler. The ClockShark mobile app is another added bonus. It allows employees to clock in and out, view their schedules, and request time off right from their smartphones, making it easy for them to stay connected and informed.

Pros

ClockShark has been a game changer in how I manage employee scheduling. The software's user-friendly interface, automation features, real-time communication, and time tracking capabilities have not only saved me time and reduced errors, but also improved employee satisfaction. The integration with other software and the mobile app have further streamlined my workflow, making ClockShark an essential tool in my management toolkit. I highly recommend ClockShark to anyone seeking to improve their employee scheduling process.

Cons

None that I have seen. I am very happy with the results so far

MRI Angus

Better Employee scheduling function
Andy

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

ClockShark is a great product!

Overall, ClockShark is a huge benefit to our company. It helps us to track the employee hours as well as their locations (in real time). It eliminates the need for paper copies of timesheets, which can be hard to decipher at times and, in all honestly, tough to prove accuracy. The foremen are able to see which workers have clocked-in correctly to their worksites, with the ability to allocate hours to certain job numbers for accounting purposes and job costing. Without ClockShark, we would still be doing things inefficiently and inaccurately.

Pros

I love how I can clock-in/out from anywhere using my cell phone! This app provides total freedom from having to use a punch clock located in a specific location, or filling out paperwork on a daily basis to keep my hours up to date. The ClockShark app keeps accurate records that I can reference at any time, including past timesheets if needed.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything negative to say about my personal experience with ClockShark. If I absolutely had to think of something, I suppose it would be beneficial for someone like me if there was an auto clock-in feature because I start at the same time every day. This way if I happened to forget about clocking in, it could do it for me and then let me know that I was clocked-in with an alert from the app.

Anna

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

As administrator I'm happy with overall functionality but employees are having a hard time.

Job costing

Pros

We bought it primarily for job costing and tracking of where the crew is. We started out with everyone using it and now I have to constantly go in and edit everyone. A few of our guys got new phones and they don't remember their passwords to download app. I'm in the process of having another crew meeting to get everyone but on board. This is becoming very frustrating and taking a lot of my time because it's not being used like it should. That's no fault of the program but lack of communication with the crew. I'm considering having two foreman in charge of entering everyones time each day. I may need some help with training them on that!

Cons

Many areas in our county dont get cell service which messes up their times. Also, our crew is all hispanic and they don't understand the importance of clocking

Response from ClockShark

Hi there, Anna! So glad to hear that as the administrator, you're loving the app's features and the easy job costing. That's wonderful! :)

Since you mentioned re-educating your employees on best practices within the ClockShark app, I wanted to share that we'd be happy to help you out with that. If you need any resources, have any questions, or just would like someone to cheer you on, feel free to give our Customer Success team a quick message at [email protected]. Of course, you're always welcome to give us a call too @ 1.800.828.0689. We're here to help! The CrewClock feature sounds perfect for the two foreman you plan to have enter employees' timesheets.

So glad to have you as part of the ClockShark team, Anna! I hope you have a spectacular Wednesday! -Morgan @ ClockShark-

Replied 28/03/2018
Makeila
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 24/06/2020

More Pros Than Cons

Pros

There are a lot of pros with using the ClockShark app. Once you get the hang of using it for a couple of days, it is very easy to understand. It is an app that is easy to teach others how to use. It does not have a lot of malfunctions, and the support team is always there when needed. When I review people's times everyday, it is very organized. When I am looking for specific jobs or employees, I can run a report and it will tell me what I need, which is SO AWESOME and SUPER HELPFUL. Highly recommend taking advantage of the reports section.

Cons

There aren't a whole lot of cons for this software. Sometimes when an employee clocks out, there are times when ClockShark doesn't catch it and gives an error after 20ish hours.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Makeila,

Thanks for the review! We are happy to hear that you enjoy everything about ClockShark from the ease of use to our customer service. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied 6/07/2020
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 5/08/2020

Finally my workers and I agree on a solution - this works!!

I'm still learning about the Reports... but, they seem to be pretty good. I can use these to export all of my T&M work and be able to report by job name, and then I get totals which I can put on the invoice. The "notes" are really good. They print out on the reports too.

Pros

Quick deployment, easy to add jobs, add tasks, see who is working, and when they get there, GPS integration. I did NO training whatsoever and my employees all got it easily (ages between 35 and 75). Overall this has worked nicely, being able to see the interface and everything is pretty nice and I like using it. I currently have it set to take their GPS location when they clock in, and again when they clock out. Not actively tracking them all day, however, the GeoFence is something I would likely use going forward, to see if anyone leaves the job site and does not report their time off site. Feature-rich!!

Cons

Could use more reminders, it does send them though, but people still forget to clock out or take lunch. The "attach photos" link does not always work inside the app. It won't attach existing photos, but it will upload new photos from the camera.

Response from ClockShark

Hi John!
Thank you for your thorough 5 star review! I'm glad everything is working smoothly for you and your employees.

We appreciate the feedback! I can absolutely submit it to the developers, but I believe this is something we might provide in the future! In the meantime, for lunch break reminders employees can set their own customized alarms right from the mobile app (left pop out menu> settings> employee reminders). The photos can be due to a few different settings on the device, and it's usually an easy fix! I would be more than happy to help you get this resolved. Feel free to reach out to 1-800-828-0689. We look forward to hearing from you!

Replied 24/08/2020