QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

About QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QuickBooks Enterprise is an accounting solution designed for SMBs across different industry verticals such as construction, nonprofit distribution, manufacturing, and retail. With QB Enterprise solution, any business owner can...

4.1

Browse QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

20,186 of 20,187 reviews
Justin
Justin
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 4/04/2022

Very Good Accounting Software for Small Businesses

It is a good business tool that helped me get a handle on mostly all of my expenses. It has a few buggy integrations which was frustrating. And I really disliked the non batch tagging system. Other than that, I have found it very useful and have used QB for the past 3 years for my taxes. I do not use it to file taxes any longer, as I now have an accountant and I prepare everything in QB first and then work with my accountant to file the taxes. Great for small businesses.

Pros

I like that QB is easy to use and that I can connect mostly all of my accounts to it. However, I was unable to connect my Home Depot credit card for some reason. I have used QB to prepare a profit and loss statement for my accountant. I have painstakingly used this software. I have used it almost on a daily basis, as it helps to give me a clear financial picture of my small business. I can't see myself managing my e-commerce business any other way, since I have many transactions.

Cons

The fact that I cannot group tag transactions. In a business like mine that has thousands of transactions throughout the year, the biggest gripe I have with QB is that I cannot batch select and change the tags. The tags are so important, especially if running multiple businesses, which I was. Since then, I have closed two of those businesses for the very reason that I cannot properly manage it all with one quickbooks account. I thought it would be easy to tag things, however, it truly sucks to have to go one by one. Also, I dislike the "rules" it auto creates because for any new transaction type, it pops up and really slowed me down when I was already having trouble with my tagging and categorizing.

iCloud and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QB is simply the most comprehensive and overall the easiest product to use to account for my small business. I didn't like the other options that I explored and felt that for the money, it was a good way to do all of my business and personal accounting.
Harsimran
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 19/12/2023

Best accounting software

Pros

Its really easy to use and you can do everything related to psyables receivables finanicials

Cons

Limited options when doing receivables s

Lisa
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 26/12/2023

It’s been a pretty easy program to use on a daily basis. It makes it easy to make reports on sales and expenses. I can easily see what’s coming in and going out. I can see who needs to be paid still.

Pros

It’s very user friendly. Even a novice can figure things out and start up right away.

Cons

Sometimes can be hard to figure things out by using search.

Top QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Alternatives

Kaity
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Reviewed on 19/12/2023

Bookkeeping Made Easy

Overall, we are bery pleased woth QuickBooks Desktop. It is in a form that we are familiar with and it is easy to use.

Pros

I like that all of the business finanacial information that you could possibly need is roght at your fingertips!

Cons

The check printing option can be confusing sometimes, especially when you need to print multiple checks.

Ana
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 1/02/2024

Quickbooks

Pros

The interface is highly intuitive. The reports are excellent and user-friendly.

Cons

I afraid they stop offer this product and move Online.

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 22/05/2023

QBO Useful but Features not keeping up with competition

Pros

It is easy to use, to generate invoices, strike off when paid. User interface generally intuitive.

Cons

The mobile app is extremely horrible. It seems like it is directing users back to the web version to complete tasks and transactions. The WORST Thing is the capturing of Expenses using mobile app is NOT WORKING! I originally liked that I can take a photo of receipts from expenses from the mobile app and immediately sync with QBO, but ever since the GST code for Singapore changed, I have been having problems capturing expenses on the Mobile App. The problem has been going on for more than 5 months (and counting as date of writing this review). They expect me to (1) scan, (2) login to QBO, (3) upload scan, (4) update entry when it can be done via app. They seem to have stopped innovating and leveling up features. It is really quite disappointing really.

Xero

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Legacy issues. My accounts executive is only familiar with QBO and to change means having to give up past data and get him to learn new software. Which is a great pain.
Sandip

Reviewed on 3/02/2024

Awesome Experience

Pros

I am using this software from about 6 months and I didn't found any major problem to perform my work.

Cons

There are no major problems in the software but if the pricing will be little less for paid version then it will be more helpful for a middle class person to afford it.

Leanna
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Lee Review

Using this software is a great tool for my position and it makes gathering info easy.

Pros

I like that its user friendly and i can document alot of different fields for a successful year end.

Cons

I have not found anything i dont like about the software.

Dipak kumar
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 8/02/2024

Quick book desktop review

Very easy to use for account and easy function for inventory management

Pros

Accouning, p&l a/c and balanceshhet and inventiry management

Cons

For more to be available in accounts and easy mail sent automatically

Keith
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 5/02/2024

Quickbooks recommend

Pros

Ease of use for relatively sizeable business

Cons

Updates take time
Interface needs a bit of an update to make it easier to customise

Mudassir

Reviewed on 4/11/2019

My experience.

This software is really recommended for those user who want to maintain books without going into complex software like tally and busy.

Pros

My experience on quick book has been quite good it is easy to use by even those user who are not well aware about accounting and bookkeeping. Most of my clients who are from non commerce background are using ebook without any difficulty. It's easy to generate various reports in quick books. Entering day to day transactions is also not that difficult as is the case with tally and busy. With the only difficulty that mt clients face is when they come across some new ledger they feel helpless and have no option but to contact me.

Cons

As I described above that all my clients who ate using is face difficulty only at the time when they have to create a new ledger they are bit confuse otherwise it is far better than tally and busy.

busybusy and TallyPrime

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

My user were finding it difficult to continue with that tally is bit complex.

TallyPrime

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Easy, user friendly and does not require expert knowledge.

Response from Intuit

Hi, Mudassir. It makes our day to hear how easy to use and how much you've been able to do in QuickBooks. You can continue to rely on us for all of your bookkeeping needs! If you ever find that you need a helping hand, the Community is a great resource to visit. Here, you can browse a variety of articles and receive guidance from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/

Wishing you continued success!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 25/11/2019

Reviewed on 22/03/2023

A robust accounting tool for businesses of all sizes

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is a powerful accounting and financial management solution for large companies with complex financial management needs.

Pros

Project management functionality: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise allows users to track projects in real time, which can help companies effectively manage costs, deadlines and resources.

Cons

Incompatibility with other software: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise may not be compatible with some other software that businesses use, which can cause integration problems.

Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is accounting software designed for small and medium-sized businesses that require an advanced and robust financial management system. This software offers features such as inventory management, payroll management, invoice and customer management, vendor management, custom financial reporting, project management, etc.Businesses may choose QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise because of its high capacity to handle a large volume of financial transactions, as well as its flexibility to customize reports and features to meet their specific needs. In addition, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is known to be easy to use and integrate with other business management software.Ultimately, the choice of accounting software depends on the specific needs of each business. It is important to consider functionality, cost, ease of use, security and integrations with other software before making a decision.
Stephanie

Reviewed on 21/08/2018

Great for a novice but pricey

Overall, it's pretty good. If they could make their upgrades an easier transition and come up with a simple inventory conversion plan - I would be a happy client.

Pros

Love that you get the upgrades and you can update your system. Love that it is user friendly - I was able to figure it out with basic (very basic) accounting knowledge. It's also pretty forgiving in that if you do a transaction the wrong way, you can delete and redo it.

Cons

Two things: 1 it doesn't have an easy way to migrate from POS to Quickbooks for inventory. I am hesitant to change over as there doesn't seem to be an easy transition plan for a small business owner and 2 EVERY TIME there is an upgrade - there is an issue with our bank downloads. It's as if it takes a few days or a few weeks for either Quickbooks to notify the banks to update their code or whether it takes awhile for the adjustments to be made. This can be anything from not being able to download or import AT ALL or whether or not your mouse will even click when selecting a bank transaction. As a result, we wait a few weeks before downloading and upgrading to reduce the impact to our bank transactions. We have too many to hand key.

Response from Intuit

Hi there, Stephanie. First things first, I'll exhaust my resources to ensure the mentioned Cons are addressed. While you can synchronize POS and Desktop items and accounts (community.intuit.com/articles/1588763), I appreciate you broaching your issues with transitioning. Rest assured, we have a wealth of insights to help along the way.

As a prime example, the article above is hosted by our Community space. Should you run into bank downloads again, I encourage you to check this other overview at community.intuit.com/articles/1501199. You deserve to upgrade your software as seamlessly as it's designed to be, and there's a step-by-step guide here: community.intuit.com/articles/1501544. As an added benefit, this article has handy links that cover what to do in the vent of an issue.

As for pricing, feel free to reach out to me directly ([email protected]). I have the visibility to help, and can gladly discuss what cost-efficient options you have.

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 24/08/2018
Jessica
Jessica
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

QuickBooks - everyone can be a bookkeeper

Pros

First, I've been using QuickBooks for over 11 years. I have used both the desktop software and online. Right now, all of our companies use Quickbooks online. I'm a big fan. If you have ever taken an entry level accounting class, you have all the knowledge you need to run QuickBooks. The ease of use is the best I have found and I've used a few other accounting systems that I won't name :) But QuickBooks far exceeds those others. You can easily customize your chart of accounts, create invoices and sales receipts, run payroll, manage users, complete bank reconciliations and manage the chart of accounts. It doesn't take a professional to learn the software which is what I love.

I have to talk about their support. They are amazing! We had to switch over another one of our companies to QuickBooks and the process from the old software was a nightmare. I spoke to QuickBooks support and they stayed on the phone for over 4 hours with me getting it to transfer. The support was unprecedented and in the end, they really pulled through to get the old accounting software to transfer into Quickbooks. Never seen anything like it before. I was thoroughly impressed.

Cons

The software goes down quite often. Sometimes we get errors that we can't log into our account or even that our account is active, which I know isn't true. We wait a few minutes, refresh, and alas we are back in business. Even with this headache every once in a while, I would still choose this software.

Response from Intuit

We really appreciate you taking the time to write this glowing testimony, Jessica. It's been great having you as a part of the Intuit Family during these past 11+ years. What you said in your review title is so true. Everyone can become a bookkeeper. Sometimes, they just need the right tools in order to do so. We're so glad you made QuickBooks your bookkeeping tool of choice. By the way, if you run into a future situation where the site appears to be down, this tool can come in handy and potentially get you logged in faster: https://fixit.intuit.com/

We look forward to backing your business for years to come!
-Kristian, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 21/09/2018
Robert
Robert

Reviewed on 2/11/2018

Comprehensive functionality, but obscures your books

QB is a solid accounting package used by many. My experience is that it is very stable and suitable for those at either end of the spectrum of needs and experience. Novices can just use each of the modules as is and ignore the extra functionality. The poweruser may need the many different features.

However, if you are in the middle ground with a good understanding of bookkeeping, and want some flexibility in your entries, I find there are two many icons, menu choices, and options for each task I want to do. Example, printing a standard financial statement means selecting from 3-4 menu options, following by a dialog of options. Really I just want a date range and get the statement.

Pros

QB is rock solid, never had an issue (defect). It is comprehensive and has functionality for every operation and looks after a lot of 'behind the scenes' stuff such as tax reporting (automatically capturing your tax credits and customer charges)

Cons

The overall feature set makes it hard to see a clear picture of your books. Everything is done through a series of modules (sales, purchases) and it automates from there. A normal sequence is; Sales, then deposits, then bank reconciliation - works fine. However, if you have a deposit that is not from a sale the dance to make the entries seem obscure. Or if you pay for a purchase directly, you still have to enter a payable, then pay it in a separate step. Not big issues, but I use other accounting software that gives me much more flexibility without the double steps. (Note: in the example of the payable, you can do a direct journal entry, but then it does not show up in the supplier history for some reason.)

Response from Intuit

Hi Robert. I'm glad QuickBooks is providing a comprehensive tool to your consulting business. I'm here to ensure you can take advantage of the functionality while still getting a clear view of your books, however. I'll include a few excellent outlets below, which serve as central hubs of workflow tips.

1. For a feature walk-through, check out the Community at https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-started-with-QuickBooks/How-to-Use-Features-and-Functions-in-QuickBooks-Online/ta-p/170181. You'll find tips on the way QB sequences tasks and the workflow for your accounts.

2. This link is another excellent space, as the insights hosted in the YouTube provide visual references for the tools provided by the software. The following playlist covers reporting and statements, and I encourage you to explore the channel further when you get a chance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndR4lgu2nT8&list=PLVxBmyedTVhTWFPItuhzmbHRzZzCxmGFT.

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 14/11/2018
Jonathan
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 9/06/2019

As a Satff Accountant this a great asset to have

This is great accounting software for all kinds of business, it has done wonders for our company and all the associates that work with it within the finance and accounting team. I would highly recommend it to small to medium-sized businesses.

Pros

Quickbooks is one of the best tools I've used for accounting, this is due to its very light platform and intuitive UI for you to navigate through and execute. Taking into consideration the fact that you need to have an accounting background, that doesn't take away the fact that this is an easy-to-use tool. Among my favorite features the one that I can point out the most, is the Vendo/Bills feature, which allows you to add all bill of the period into every vendor's account for you to generate you AP and Aging reports.

Cons

Among the cons, you could find this software to not be easy to break into, even tho it has a very light UI, you are required to have an accounting background for you to fully exploit this tool's full capabilities. Another thing you could find as a little bit of an issue, it the way it's mobile app works, as for it is not at full development quite yet, meaning you will find yourself capped on the thing you could do with the reporting features and journal entries.

Response from Intuit

Hearing an accountant describe QuickBooks as one of the best tools they've used is music to our ears, Jonathan. We strive to provide software that is accessible to users of all backgrounds and have some great resources to help learn the program. Should you or a coworker be interested in learning more about the features in the software, we invite you to check out our video tutorials. Here you can find over one hundred videos on topics from getting started to running reports: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVxBmyedTVhTRQRYeZJfVBpz_12zwHc6Z

We appreciate the wonderful review!
David, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 26/08/2019
William
William
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 6/08/2019

Great Small Business Accounting Software

Our experience with QuickBooks has been excellent and we will continue to use the product for the foreseeable future.

Pros

QuickBooks has helped our company manage its finances since its inception. Our Bookkeeper recommended the product based on her previous experience with it. Quickbooks was easy to set up and easy to use and was productive from Day 1.

We use Quickbooks to track our expenses, manager our purchases, pay our bills and do our banking. The reports the software generates help keep us on top of our finances and alert us to issues and abnormalities so we can quickly address them. Our banking and credit card information automatically populates into Quickbooks reducing the time needed to enter this information manually while eliminating any data entry related errors. The product also integrates well with other financial management tools and has add-ons specific to our business.

I can't imagine running a small business without a tool Like Quickbooks, and I doubt we ever will.

Cons

The licensing can be a little complex, especially when multiple users need access to the product. We also have struggled a little with their customer support. Both of these may have been issues on our end due to lack of familiarity with the product or failure to read the documentation.

Response from Intuit

Hi William! It's an honor to have QuickBooks be a part of helping you manage your business from the start. Business owners like yourself are who we had in mind when designing our software to be a versatile tool to handle all your accounting needs. Whether you're running reports or categorizing bank transactions, you can count on QuickBooks to have your back. When it comes to managing licenses for multiple users, it can get a bit tricky. If you need assistance with that or have any other questions, we've made it a priority is to provide you with a variety of support options to ensure you're taken care of. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

QB Community: http://community.intuit.com/
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: @IntuitQuickBooks
Twitter: @QBCares

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review and we look forward to working with you in the years to come!
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 8/08/2019
Anabel
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 18/10/2019

Bad experience

They asked me to contact you and that is when the problems started.
If you have a restriction on when QBSE account has to be activated, you should posted on turbotax so that is visible and people can read it like the restrictions for late filers. It is not fair you make up restrictions that are not disclosed on my account and after I have been using the account, you just cancel it all of a sudden. Therefore I think this is false advertising and I will definitely file a complain with FTC if necessary. I have all screenshoots and there is nowhere to be found any restrictions to activate the account before July 15th.

2- If there was indeed a restriction and I had to activated before July 15th, how was it possible that I did activated my account on September and started using it with no problem and no warning or notification until last week?

3-You cancelled my account with no warning. I did not get a warning stating my subscription will expired on specific date. How could I have known this? All the information I have taken time to categorize including miles, payments and transactions are lost now and I do not have access. That is also not fair because I can not access any of that information to save it or transfer it right now if I do not want to continue the subscription.

4- For such a big company, not having a phone number to communicate directly and having customers wasting time writing emails is just a shame.

Pros

This review is based on my experience interacting with Intuit, other’s experiences my defer.
Most of my bad experience was with Quick Book Self Employed but since the company is Intuit, I will leave my review here too.
Turbotax is a good tool for filling, I used the Self employed portion to file my 2018 taxes. This was done in March 2019 and it worked well. As part of the package, you are supposed to get a free year subscription of Intuit Quick Book Self Employed (QBSE) until March 2020.
I signed up on (QBSE) the app on September 2019 and I started working on classifying my transactions and adding miles manually (the automatic tracking was not working that well).
All of a sudden in October 2019, with no warning, they cancelled my subscription and I lost all the data and time I used to do the work. I can not log in and retrieve anything. I can not see any information on my account. I never got an email notification or warning on the app, they just cancelled it.

Cons

The only restrictions that are available are for late filers, not for regular filers. I requested multiple times to speak on the phone with a supervisor and nothing, just email responses relating the same thing. I never got an apology, never got the service reestablished, and at last, they just ignored my last email.
I will leave below my last email which was never answered back.
If you have read so far, please read it and and make your own conclusions. This is one of the worst customer services I have ever interacted with.

October 14th, 2019

Hi representative,

Thank you for contacting me. I am sorry to inform you that your answer does not solve my problem. You are repeating the same statements from the previous costumer service representative. I am not sure if you read the thread but I do not have problems activating my QBSE account. My account was working fine and it was active until it was cancelled with no warnings.

My problems are the following.
1 -When I filed my taxes with turbotax I was offered a free QBSE account for one year. There is no restrictions on my Turbotax account that states I had to activate my account before July 15th. I have previously sent screenshots of the restrictions that are shown on my turbotax and they are only valid for late filer which is not my case.

Response from Intuit

Hi, Anabel. Thank you for your thorough review. We'd like to provide some info and help get this resolved. Once you receive your free year of QuickBooks Self Employed, you'd be required to log into that account at least twice before July 16th. Otherwise, the account will expire. It sounds like there may have been a 30 day trial created in September, which is why it expired the following month. We'd be glad to investigate this further and make sure you get your free year. Please reach out to us via email at [email protected], and we'll be there to help. Additionally, you can request a callback by logging into the site (https://selfemployed.intuit.com/login) and clicking the Help button in the top-right corner.

Wishing you the best.
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 23/10/2019
Antineta

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

Quickbooks Online

Overall, I would recommend QuickBooks Online to a client. We are coming into an age where many executives want to review their financials wherever they are and QuickBooks Online does offer that feature.

Pros

Over the last year, I started using QuickBooks Online vs. QuickBooks desktop. I really like the fact that the online version is remote meaning you can access it regardless if you are in the office or not. I like QuickBooks because it is a rather low cost software that can enable a business to see what their income and expenses are without necessarily having an accounting background. I recommend QuickBooks to many of my clients for this reason.

Cons

I have used the QuickBooks desktop version for years and have recently started using QuickBooks Online the last few months. Personally, I feel that their are a few minor things that I am getting use to. For example, I am a shortcuts person and when entering in a journal entry I'm use to the shortcut Ctrl-Delete to delete a row if there are too many. I have not found that to work in the QuickBooks Online version. I also liked how with QuickBooks Desktop if you went to the edit button when doing a transaction, it would list the different shortcuts you could use. I found this to be easier. With the QuickBooks Online version, I was able to find some shortcuts via the Help option which to me can be time consuming to have to search for. I also have found that in the beginning I had to use the Help option quite a bit just to locate some of the reports I am use to using. I'vwe found that the QuickBooks Desktop version to me is a tad bit more user friendly and helps with time management because a lot of things aren't hidden.

chandler
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 26/01/2017

Quickbooks pro online could use some additional functionality

The damn government laws seem to change faster than the software can and I wish Quickbooks could too. Having used Quickbooks since 2000, been with this platform. Lately the 1099 income I use to receive has changed to w-2. Accounting wise this is a real pain because I invoice at one rate, then have to adjust the amount to receive to match the taxes and don't seem to have a way to just set this up to be more automatically. PLEASE FIX THIS. My other issue with the software is the growing complexity making it easy to do something incorrect, then have to waste alot of time either with Customer Service or just in the software making corrections. I do love the emailing of invoices and the ability to include related documents for customers, plus with the ability to tell if customers actually received and opened the bill. I perform quite a few product demonstrations, for different clients and brands, to send a copy of the demo report with the bill "helps" customers know what they are paying. I use Google Drive for photos and docs related to this work, I wish QB could allow me to attach stuff from Google Drive, rather having to download to my desktop, then attach.
The above pressure points need to be addressed soon, because the cost is just a bit much considering how much time I waste dealing with it. If quickbooks does have a solution or other product, which would work better, then you need to have your tech support people better aware of the software solutions offered.

Pros

it works, and most other software will also work with it, e.g. my bank, some google programs, etc. I know that Intuit is not going away, I just hope that they continue to update the software to keep pace with my business.

Cons

Quickbooks seems to play catch up with the changes for business. They do make changes, but it seems to be just a little slow for what I really need. For instance, my 1099 income is now W-2, even though it is part time or project based. Tracking the taxes related to this is a royal pain in the butt.

Fazal
Fazal
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 20/04/2020

My Response to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Being a proficient user of QuickBooks, my overall experience with this software is based on my daily usage and I can rate it 9/10. No doubts it makes my and our organizations' employees work more efficiently. If someone asked me to use this software, I'll definitely recommend it to them. Because of its analytics, advanced facilities and integration with 3rd parties including many other required features make it highly recommended software in the market of accounting solution software.

Pros

QuickBooks software helps from small to large businesses, companies, and enterprises to manage more efficiently their accounts through the best cloud-based software. Enterprises can easily manage their projects, invoices and other accounting solutions. This Software has a centralized dashboard, it allows users to get more insights into their business swings. This software also helped me much time to see my organizational performance by using QuickBooks Online advanced key performance indicators. Another benefit of using this software that it gives its administrators to assign the chore to the employees for example salespersons and others. Capturing easily digital receipts copies sorting out transactions, tax categories handling and other improved financial operations in this software make me and our organization toughest tasks easier those were never like this before using QuickBooks.

Cons

However, having all these wonderful pros I personally feel some cons of this software being a proficient user. Some of the features for industry types of businesses are not enough just for an example for eCommerce Barcode scanning etc. If I take it out of accounting solution there would be missing some other reports key factors. Sometimes the system crashes happen very rarely but still is a problem.

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

Still riding market share for over 20 years

Bank transaction downloads, account reconciliation, payment and invoice recording, tax reporting.

The experience has been fraught with frustration, loads of rework, arcane and unexplained entry rules, dead end data experiences, all punctuated by frequent Intuit attempts to reach for more money out of my pocket.

Pros

Basic functions of creating payments, invoices, bills, checks, etc are workable and fairly intuitive.
Banking Center makes initially downloading bank transactions fairly simple.
Once you modify a report to the point where it is useful, QB can memorize it for ongoing use.
As soon as you get beyond those, best to get prepared with an accounting degree, lots of time to do google searches, and some antacid or aspirin.

Cons

1) if you want to do any interaction with exported files or bank downloads, be prepared to be gouged for the price of a new license every 3 years.

2) for that repurchase, you get very little to nothing improved except more ways Intuit can offer add-ons (for a price).

3) reports are available mostly in standard accounting formats. Detailed custom listings are hard to get at best via the transaction lists. For line items you took the time to enter into a Bill, it's literally impossible.

4) Bank Feeds transaction approval screens are an abomination. Modifying/adding columns: not possible. Finding a rule that auto modifies your entry: good luck. Figuring out how to make a new rule: better google it. Figuring out how to reverse an accidental entry: get out the antacid and aspirin. If that downloaded tran should have been a bill pmt, get stronger antacid.

5) transaction lists: hope you only want to see either ALL, Current Period, Last Period or Next Period. Else get used to a boatload of sorting and scrolling, because there's no way to bracket your data within custom dates.

6) Home screen: want a clean simple Home to find your functions quickly? Too bad; Intuit would rather hit you with marketing. Want to see only a few Account Balances and hide those you never use? Sorry!

7) Support: virtually non-existent outside of the QB User forums, so hope that someone else has asked your question already.

Has any developer at Intuit ever held a user focus group or been a user?

Yazid
Yazid

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"Goes Above and Beyond, Simple Maneuverability, Ease of Use, Fast and Reliable"

Overall Quickenbooks has been a Pleasure to Use. I switched over from Freshbooks. It's been the best answer for accounting, financing and bookkeeping . The fundamental bookkeeping is easy to learn. I find the Customer Service to be Excellent. Its been an all around great experience and I would Recommend Quickbooks to anyone.

Pros

QuickBooks is anything but difficult to bring into, send out of and straightforwardly incorporate with specific stages. The product was worked considering the client experience. In general, I'm content with Quick Books and would prescribe to any entrepreneur. I truly like the retained exchange list, where I can just consequently have repeating installments deducted from my framework rather its month to month, quarterly, or yearly. It can likewise be set up as an update when certain bills are expected for installment. It's exceptionally simple to stack, monitor your merchants and your clients just as your own organization information, for example, diagram of records, and things or administrations that your organization gives. The report place is very easy to understand with reports effectively accessible by adding a date reach, and it additionally offers the client to make their own ensemble reports

Cons

I do wish discounting customers with credit adjusts was somewhat simpler. You have to have a receipt produced with charges prior to finishing a credit notice to send a discount check. From time to time a price may be lower than advertised and I would like to show reflection on the original invoice without having to create a new one.Hopefully there is a less difficult way, and I simply need to figure it out. The cost is somewhat higher than the opposition, however all my needs are met. Nonetheless, The help isn't as simple to work with as I might want. Be that as it may, contrasted with a portion of the competiton, its better than not having any.

Andrea
Andrea
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 19/12/2017

Please don't buy this. It's really, really bad.

Cons

The multi-store is awful. It uses a third party email client to send the exchanges. Both computers must be using the same email client, or it causes bugs. Then sometimes the store exchange doesn't actually update anything so you have to do it several times. This is super fun when it won't include employee hours from a satellite store and it's payday. In addition to that, if you're setting up a new store, it must be the same version as the other stores, or it won't work. This becomes a problem when they stop supporting the older version after 12-24 months, which means you have to pay to upgrade every single machine in all of your stores.

This software has been a complete nightmare for me, and if you try to call for support you better speak Hindi, otherwise, you're screwed. You don't get a native English speaker on the phone until about the third level of support. An average for me has been a half hour of hold time, plus 20 minutes per level of support, with 10 minute hold times between each "support professional". So generally, it takes an hour and a half of dealing with low-level employees with questionable language skills, asking you the dumbest questions you can imagine before you get someone who can understand what your problem is. I have to do this at least once a month.

If you watch it like a hawk; and by that I mean you check you do a physical inventory count and check your items weekly, and you double check every store exchange, it can work.

This is probably the worst point of sale software on the planet. I've been fighting it for three years, and I'm happy to say I've dumped it for something much better.

The inventory management is not good. It deletes items on its own. It changes the quantity of stock for no particular reason. It loses transactions. It generates duplicate items and prices them at $0, so if your employees aren't paying attention they give stuff away for free. It is impossible to keep an accurate inventory unless you do a physical count about once every two weeks.

Sometimes it simply loses data. For example, in 2014, it lost all records of the sales, inventory receiving and employee hours for February, March, and April. It was really a true joy to sit down and try to explain that to the IRS.

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

Feel Trapped With No Options

I am a sole Proprietor of a one man service business, I really only need this for keeping track Wisconsin sales tax, state and county. I work in 8 Counties & the sales tax has to be kept track of for each. .5% per county 5% for the state and there are customers who have tax free numbers that aren't taxed. Schools, churches, etc.
When I file/pay the sales tax (quarterly) I have to show how much income I have taken in minus the non-taxable income. My old desktop version showed this all on one page. In QuickBooks online it is like pulling teeth to obtain that information, I usually have to call support and sometimes they can do it sometimes not.
I just bought an obsolete Dell laptop with Windows 7 Pro installed on it, my plan is to install a desktop version of QB software on it and it will be safe to use until 2020 when Windows 7 Pro support ends. Then I may disable the wifi connection and just use it for the QB!

Pros

When it is working it is OK, not as easy to use as the desktop version but at least it gets the job done. I had a desktop version that Windows 10 rendered obsolete. My choice was to buy QuickBooks 2017 and hope Windows 10 wouldn't do the same thing to it or go with the online version, I went with the online version. In November there have been 2 updates that didn't update correctly & caused my desktop icon to disappear.

Cons

When I need to go to a customer whose name begins with R I can't just scroll to the R's! I have to page through, scrolling to the bottom of each page to get to the right area or go to the last page and page backwards. Why do they not put a next page icon on the TOP of each page also? The point of using software online is to save time and money, my time is worth money! Recently there were updates that didn't work correctly and left me with no icon on my desktop. I didn't want to call support because it always takes an hour or more. I tried the help forum and got 2 answers neither of which worked. Finally, there was a 3rd update and I got it straightened out.