QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

About QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks Online Advanced is a cloud-based accounting solution that helps small to large enterprises manage expenses, projects, invoices and more. It comes with a centralized dashboard, which enables users to gain insights into...

4.2

Browse QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

Kavindu Githsara
Kavindu Githsara
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 16/01/2023

Streamlining Your Finances with QuickBooks Online Advanced

Overall, QuickBooks Online Advanced has been a valuable tool for our business. The user-friendly interface and automatic data backups have made it easy to use and the advanced reporting and inventory management features have provided valuable insights into our financial performance. While there are some limitations, such as limited customization options and higher cost, the benefits of this software outweigh the cons for our business.

Pros

As a user of QuickBooks Online Advanced, I have found it to be a reliable and user-friendly accounting software for our business. One of the biggest advantages of this software is the user-friendly interface that makes it easy to navigate. This has been a huge time-saver for my team, as we don't have to spend hours trying to figure out how to use the software. Another great feature of QuickBooks Online Advanced is the automatic data backups. Not only that, but also the advanced reporting and inventory management features have also been a great asset to our business, allowing us to track our inventory in real-time and generate detailed reports on our financial performance.

Cons

One of the downsides of QuickBooks Online Advanced is the limited customization options for invoices and purchase orders.

Lisa

Reviewed on 1/11/2023

Veteran User of QBO

Overwhelmingly positive. I find it very intuitive. It does the job and I enjoy using the software. It doesn't frustrate me.

Pros

The reporting is good, the system is robust, the bank rec works, a lot can be automated, I use the payroll feature too which saves a lot of time.

Cons

The pension connection keeps not sinking so I manually have to go to the NEST website to enter in the numbers.

Kaitlin
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

Mad at Quickbooks

We are very displeased with Quickbooks Online and will be looking for another program.

Pros

We liked Quickbooks Desktop, and Quickbooks is discontinuing that program, so we were forced to switch. The thing we liked most was not having QuickBooks onlinr.

Cons

QuickBooks desktop is nothing like Quickbooks online. They may have well been written by completely different companies and the learning curve is impossible.

Top QuickBooks Online Advanced Alternatives

Caseware Corporation Tax

Microsoft SharePoint

Peggy

Reviewed on 2/02/2024

A Must-Have For Administrators Looking For Efficient Payroll and Budgeting Software

Exceptional. I would be unable to handle the administrative functions of my position as well as client caseload without this software.

Pros

Ease of use! I am not an accountant nor am I professionally trained in business operations. When I was elevated from Staff Attorney to Executive Director I inherited administrative responsibilities that I was completely unfamiliar with. However, I was pleasantly surprised by how intuitive and efficient the software is. I am confident the transition into my position would have been far more difficult, but not for our subscription to QuickBooks Online.

Cons

After connecting our client management database and bank accounts to Quickbooks Online, I began to see duplicate transaction entries. In troubleshooting the issue, I discovered that deleting the journal entry created by our client database was the only way to resolve the issue. This makes me uncomfortable. I wish there were a way to "archive" the journal transaction. This would allow the system to properly reflect the journal created by the client database, as well as my direct entry in the accounting software without affecting the overall balance.

Harmony
  • Industry: Wholesale

QBO is Definitely Different

Our overall experience with QBO Advanced has been pretty good. I think with the development and implementation of more features or customization of different "modules" to be customer specific it would serve us perfectly. And hey, the price is WONDERFUL!

Pros

What I like most about using QBO Advanced is how user friendly and simplistic it is to use. We transitioned our entire financial management system and for the most part it was relatively smooth.

Cons

There were many obstacles to overcome in the transition to QBO Advanced. It mainly involve how to find work around solutions for areas not offered in QBO Advanced such as specifically detailed inventory management and also fixed assets. The inventory process in QBO is clunky and too simplistic for our company, BUT since QBO is so easy to use we have customized processes to make it work for us.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We made the switch at the behest of our former accountants.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Our former account didn't inform us of possibly a more suitable program. QBO Advanced was easiest for them.
bob

Reviewed on 20/03/2024

Great book keeping software

Pros

Great tool when it works, lot of customers absolutely love the ease of use with QuickBooks online.

Cons

The customer service for problem solving when it comes to QuickBooks is horrible Tier 1 has to chat with Tier 2 who then chats with Tier 3 then Tier 2 has to relay the message to Tier 1. It makes the already bad process take even longer.

Simon
Simon

Reviewed on 12/04/2022

The road to hell is paved with good intention

Overall, if the execution of Quickbook online would have been as good as the idea, its probably the software we would be using, but the execution is to me really terrible and we feel that the customers support really do the least to help out.

Pros

What Iiked the most about the software is the idea of having everything under one software, Quickbook is a great ¨idea¨

Cons

We had such terrible experience with customer support. It was hard to talk to anyone and when we did they never tried to understand our situation or context. It was an experience we wish we never had. Also once you start to use all the capability of the software you start to find all kind of limitation. We are also very disappointed that our business was not eligible to use the integrated payment processing module inside the invoice, this is the main reason we went back to our previous accounting software, Wave.

FreshBooks and Sage 50cloud Accounting

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Because we wanted to take advantage of Quickbook Online advanced features.

Wave

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Because its the one that the accountant prefer the most here in the province of Quebec and the one that on paper seems to offer the most.
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 13/03/2024

Too Different to Implement

Pros

The draw of moving our accounting work online was a real one. Backing up to the cloud, accessing from anywhere, all positive possibilities.

Cons

In the end, Quickbooks Online was too-steep a curve for our team to adjust to and we had to move back to "regular Quickbooks" - the desktop version.

DINA
  • Industry: Sporting Goods
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

QuickBooks On-line Review

Pros

QuickBooks on-line is very easy to navigate.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to get a hold of customer service.

Catherine
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 8/02/2024

Thank you for putting my mind at ease.

Super positive. I don't know all the features available but from what I do know, I love and trust it.

Pros

This program makes the intimidating, time-consuming task of accounting approachable and reliable.

Cons

I have not yet found anything I don't like.

Ryan

Quickbooks Online Advanced

There are so many reasons why we love working on Quickbooks online. The credit card processor working through our website, the mobile app and card processor, as well as the integration to WordPress and to help add automation to our financial recording.

Pros

There are so many features to this software, but my favorite is definitely the online platform. I am able to see the progress of the business through my phone or iPad and not just sitting behind a desk. So much business is done on the road or moving around and having the app easily accessible I can always be in touch with what is going on in the company.

Cons

Setting up the new company file was difficult. We were moving from QuickBooks desktop and it had to much data (20 years worth) that we were not able to compress it then upload the information to the new platform. We were able to do batch uploads which did allow us to preserve some data but it did make the transition a little more difficult than it needed to be.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We made the switch to help add automation to our process and to move to software better suited for our needs. We were using the Desktop version for 20 years so we needed to get something newer and more customizable.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

We looked at enhancing our QuickBooks desktop, but all the pros that online had for us gave us only one option and that was to upgrade to the online version. The Quickbooks IOS App and the integrations with our website make it the best software for us by far.
Eugene
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 5/05/2022

QB Online Advanced - A must have for todays business landscape

Overall QuickBooks online advanced is a excellent product without which our business would not run as smoothly I highly recommend this product to any small business.

Pros

It is very easy to use and does not require an enormous amount of training. I especially like being able to integrate directly into our electronic data interchange system as well as our bank. QuickBooks online advanced really brings all of the useful features together to create a platform that helps our business run smoothly.

Cons

Although the help section is very thorough, it is not as easy to navigate. I wish there was an easier way. The graphic user interface could also use a little bit of improvement in terms of placing of features to make them more intuitive.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks online advanced had significantly more features and more visibility into our business.
Milena

Reviewed on 13/05/2023

Great!

I like how easy, reliable, and multi-functional QBO Advanced is. I use it for a client and it saves me time and money.

Pros

I like the many features QBO Advanced has to offer. It saves time and money. It is great for growing business. It is easy to integrate with many other apps if needed.

Cons

The least I like would be the price, however, with the many features it has to offer - it definitely is a must for a growing business with more complex workflows.

Zoho Books, FreshBooks, Xero and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Needed more flexible and reliable software.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

It just has all of the features the company needs.
Richard
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Quickbooks Online for Aircraft Maintenance

Pros

Quickbooks Online allows us to streamline our accounting process as well as inventory tracking. Our customers love to be able to receive estimates and invoices online as well as pay online. With unlimited chart of accounts and excellent reporting features we are able to monitor the pulse of the company daily.

Cons

If you are not an accounting guru, have access to an accountant or you do not understand debits, credits and accounting concepts you are going to feel lost. There is an extreme learning curve for small business owners who go from physical books and spreadsheets to Quickbooks Online. Once you learn everything you will find the software very helpful, but when you first get started odds are, you're going to inadvertently make a big mess of your books until you figure it all out.

• Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 12/02/2023

Revolutionize the Way You Manage Your Finances With QBO

Pros

I love how it is user-friendly and intuitive, making it easy for me to manage my finances without having an extensive background in accounting. Also, I can access my financial information from anywhere, at any time, as long as there is an internet connection.

Cons

There is nothing I liked least about QBOA.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Because Quickbooks Online Advance offers a wide range of features, including invoicing, expense tracking, and reporting, allowing me to manage all aspects of my company's finances in one place.
Brandon
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 2/12/2022

TMG QB Online Review

The product is easy to use and comprehensive for how we use it.

Pros

I like the integration options available through the web version vs. the desktop version. We have been able to provide advanced reporting utilizing these features.

Cons

I wish the Advanced version had the backup feature included and wouldn't require the large additional fee to include this feature. I also wish the budgeting tool was included in the basic version and didn't require a higher level option since budgeting should be done at the basic level for any small business. I also wish the integration to Power Bi was no longer in beta so that functionality can be fully utilized.

Gary
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Adequate for simple product businesses

We run our business on it and have to work around all the limitations, it gets the job done, but we spend a lot of time having to use excel outside the product to get things completed. It is getting better but so slowly we have considered moving to another online software package.

Pros

QBO is an easy to use intuitive accounting software package with generally reliable online access. It has the basic accounting features that you would expect for a small business, but lacks the detailed features necessary for a bundled product business (one where your product is composed of Bill of Materials and you need to track the details on the sub components - think of gift baskets with 10 items in it, and the basket has a single SKU.) QBO has been improving in many ways and priority circle is a welcome addition to getting support.

Cons

The Reporting is really poor, you cannot simply build a report using any fields there are significant limitations of what fields you can include in a report. For instance you cannot write a report with customer and invoice information in it. IE. What customers have bought what products and when - this can't be done you need to export all the data and then do your own intersection to answer that question.

There is really limited inventory tracking - as long as you stock and sell individual wigets your are ok, but if you sell bundles you are screwed. We have to do all inventory tracking outside of QBO because it is so lacking.

You can't not do line item discounts.

You cannot have negative product line items ( like volume discounts or returns, etc.)

There are so many basic features in QBO Desktop that are totally lacking in the online version.

• Industry: Public Policy

Reviewed on 15/06/2018

Good for small companies with limited transactions

Pros

Online accessibility - can work anywhere with an internet connection. Linking to bank and credit card accounts is handy. Linking to Bill.com and Expensify are also easy.

Cons

As a controller and an accountant consultant on the side, I would recommend the online version to small businesses with fewer than 5-10 employees and revenues under $1 million that have very few transactions. For companies that have multiple approval layers and AP invoices, you would need an add on app like Bill.com to handle. We use Expensify and Bill.com to handle expense reporting and AP. QuickBooks Enterprise edition would be a better fit for companies with more than a million in sales and more than 10 employees, but costs can add up on that platform.
-Approval levels are very broad. If I want to allow someone to add classes, I have to give them access to banking and reports that are only for partners to see. Further a la carte customization for permissions would certainly be handy.
-Speed - even with high speed internet, processing multiple AP invoices is very slow compared to the desktop counterpart.
-Accounting integration - when allowing accountants access to the company file, downloading the GL needs to go to excel. If the GL is large, it may exceed the line limit for Excel.
-Some reports are unable to use the custom fields. This creates problems when the custom fields are critical. in our case, we can't run a report of payments received that includes project numbers. In order to get that report, I need to use Zapier to extract payments as they come in and send them to a google sheet. So the only listing I have for payments listed with our custom fields is in Google sheets!

Veronica
Veronica
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 28/07/2021

A powerful tool to track accounting and financial reporting

Overall my experience has been good with Quickbooks online advanced. The product has all the features needed to run a business, get the reporting and also connecting with useful apps developed by different partners. Especially during this unprecedented times when online presence is fundamental QBO Advances provides access to not the only an accounting platform but also easy integration to other partners like Third party delivery, PoS, e-commerce, ACH Payments, etc.

Pros

The software is designed to simplify the journey by increasing the quality of the data input during the booking of the transactions and eliminating common mistakes during the process of bookkeeping. I like how the bank feed makes easier every bank reconciliation and provides a lot of information directly from the bank statement.

Cons

I do not like that the migration from desktop to online is not easy and the online version has some missing features compared with the desktop version. I also do not like the Inventory module does not have all the information for food products, like expiration date or lot control

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
Joy

Reviewed on 31/05/2022

Does the job

I am very satisfied with QBO overall, especially since we also use Quickbooks payroll.
Entering receipts and information is very easy and reporting is very intuitive.

I do with there was a better way to enter multiple receipts from a payment processor site(Square/Stripe), versus the batch deposits as the systems integrate now.

Pros

It is easy to enter information into Quickbooks and find it later.
Reports are great! I can always find the infromation I need in a ready report, and love that I can click within a report to access more detailed infromation.

Cons

As a non-profit, it can get a little complicated when tracking restricted revenues and their related expenses.
Year end reporting for fulfilling the 990 is not easy when working around the chart of accounts as it us set up in QBO - some account categories don't match up with the way nonprofits track them.

Response from Intuit

We really appreciate you sharing your review with us, Joy!

It's wonderful that QuickBooks has helped provide exactly what you all are needing for your non-profit!

Please keep in mind that you can create additional Chart of Accounts for more specified categorization using the steps outlined here: (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/help-article/chart-accounts/add-account-chart-accounts-quickbooks-online/L0mCv3AKn_US_en_US?uid=l3xgkvrd).

If you have any other questions or need help, please don't hesitate to get in touch by phone or chat using the 'Help(?)' icon > 'Contact Us' and we'd be glad to get you taken care of from there!

-Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 2/06/2022
Cody
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 12/08/2023

Great product for SMBs and growing enterprises.

Good! 7-8/10. It's not perfect & may not be the best fit for massive organizations, but you can get a lot of mileage from it if you spend time with the software & get comfortable with the range and depth of features available to Advanced users. Always play with the beta features!

Pros

QBO Advanced is designed to be an all-in-one finance & accounting solution. There are larger-scale ERPs out there, e.g. Oracle, ION, but Intuit definitely has the market cornered on out-of-the-box F&A software. Because Intuit has so many components available, the software is also modular to a certain degree & admins can turn on/off features as needed.

Cons

Intuit does not play nice with 3rd party integrations. There IS a developer portal if you're technical enough to do API work, but we've found software add-ons like Zapier are often necessary to build task automation into the manual steps of many QBO processes (which you will need if your organization works at scale & does not have a large accounting team).

Beth

All-Encompassing, Integrated Accounting Program for Small Businesses

Sending invoices out to clients on a recurring basis used to vex me! But invoicing with QBO is quick and simple and I can see whether the client has open/viewed the invoice. Now I can even create invoices in batches! I can send reminders, statements, and clients can pay online with credit cards or ACH, allowing cash flow to improve. I can also see AR reports and then follow up easily.

Pros

Overall this product is easy to use and offers the tracking resources our company needs. I also love the add-ons for processing payroll and the merchant services. It is a seamless, easy process for me to process payroll at a fraction of the cost of payroll processing companies. Also, I have yet to find a per transaction cost lower that Intuit's Merchant Services, plus it cuts the amount of work I would have to do if I used an outside credit card processor. I also like that this is cloud-based, online software that I can access from any computer at home and at work (or even at a coffee shop).

Cons

When I have a question or need assistance, the customer service has not been as good as I would expect to support what is, in my opinion, such a great software. QBO Advanced, however, has upgraded with a service called Priority Circle.

Katrina
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 28/09/2023

#1 Accounting Software

Quickbooks is what it is. I know it's not a perfect review and not what everyone wants to hear but it's the best one on the market BUT with that being said this program lacks a lot and has A LOT of glitches and malfunctions all the time. Will I be switching to another one. Probably not in the near future.

Pros

The overall use of QB online is easy. It's straight to the point and anyone can learn how to use the software. The majority of the features are pretty easy and function great.

Cons

THIS SOFTWARE IS SO GLITCHY AND SLOW! Some days this software works phenomenal and on the days you need it to work it doesn't. This is especially bad when it comes to the payment feature for contractors. To pay one contractor is fine but when you need to pay multiple and use the feature included in QB it's horrible. Every click takes at least 30 seconds to load making a job that should only take a few minutes take 1/2 your workday.

Sue
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Reviewed on 12/06/2018

My experience with quickbooks has been very positive.

easy to use and teach
makes our ability to do work very easy

Pros

easy to use
easy to teach
functions are compatible with our organization's operations
Allows a lot of customization for reports

Cons

not cheap
tech support is too expensive
some updates are not necessary. Seem to occur just so it can be said that it was updated.

Response from Intuit

I want you to have all the info you deserve about why support incurs a fee and the reasons behind updates, Sue. While many subscription-based products have support included in the monthly charge (like Online), our standalone Desktop products are billed once upon purchase. Instead of charging more for the product itself, the price is kept at a lower rate by offering advanced support separately. There's more about support plans, and what you can still get without them, at https://community.intuit.com/articles/1501198. Additionally, the need to upgrade the program, and discontinue older products, is a decision predicated on the assurance you will receive top of the line software and support. As older products are retired, all attention can be given to the most secure and feature-laden service on the market.

Before I forget, thanks for reaching out with your review. Happy filming to you and your team at Rehoboth Beach Film Society, by the way. Break a leg!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 15/06/2018
Anibal

Very user friendly

Pros

Easy to use, is easy tp customize to our agency need,

Cons

ability to change transactions once created and posted to the General Ledger

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Easier to use and customize

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

It adjusted better to our company needs