Trakstar Hire Reviews

About Trakstar Hire

Recruiterbox is an applicant tracking system (ATS) designed for small to midsize businesses. The system allows recruiters to create new open positions with a few clicks and accept resumes through their company's website....

Browse Trakstar Hire Reviews

Corene
Corene

Reviewed on 9/11/2016

Very easy to use and customize

I needed to step up from spreadsheets and start interacting and building relationships with our candidates. I also needed to have access to reports for my bosses other than a count box in a spreadsheet.
This platform allowed me to customize the hiring stages, tag hiring campaigns, and track where each candidate is in the process. They share great articles on their Facebook page to help you connect with your audience.

Pros

Our team is connecting and keeping in touch, a more personal approach to onboarding to retention. We can then track where we're losing candidates, where we need to hone up our efforts, and to monitor the efficacy of our recruitment efforts. I've had prompt, excellent customer service.

Cons

I love that there is a $20/month option, but with that you lose the perks of not mass emailing, or bulk changes, you have to do that individually. I'd rather do that than pay the extra $$, though.

Igor
Igor

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

A great tool for managing applicants, interviews

We were able to completely streamline our recruitment process.

Pros

I use Recruiterbox for many years, almost since their very first version. This software came a long way and became a very powerful ATS.

- Recruiterbox can parse attached CVs and extract information about applicant, skills experience etc. This makes CVs searchable by these texts.
- You can configure custom workflow for every opening and define steps of your hiring process, outcomes. There are special steps for interviews and reviews, you can setup coordinator and actual interviewers.
- Recruiterbox can sync with Google Calendar and create appointments for interviews.
- You can communicate with candidates right from RB, configure templates to send responses like rejection letters etc.
- Many other features... frankly I think it has just about everything recruiting / HR team may want.

Cons

- Price is a bit on a high side.
- No integration with Zapier, we can't easily bind it to our other tools (to onboard hired candidates for example).
- Too simple integration with Slack - basically just notifications, no actions.
- Doesn't feel like you have candidates database, it feels like after many years of using it we have just a bunch of CVs, not people. If the same person will submit CV three times - you will have three entries in RB, there's no way to combine them, it is not shown as 1 candidate -> 3 applications. I think this is the biggest minus of this software, it is not people-centric but more like "applications-centric".

Tannen

Reviewed on 4/06/2018

RecruiterBox is cheap and the support is ONLY by email. NO real human will ever help you.

Pros

There are very few pros for this ATS. There are better options available for a lot less money. It is easy to figure out because it doesn't have many features. They made me fill this section out, or they wouldn't take my review. Other then it is simple to figure out - because it is not a very robust app, I have nothing good to say about this product.

Cons

How would you like to get the same 10,000 emails in on day? RecuiterBox sends me 10K of the same email in one day. Then when I asked for supports help, I received an EMAIL, not a CALL saying - Yea we noted his happened. Won't happen again. I hate this product and the nonexistence service. They raised their rates and hadn't upgraded the product. I have complained, begged, asked nicely, screamed, and nothing has changed. There are better options for ATS - I highly suggest you look at anyone other than this one. They have lost notes on candidates, canceled interviews for no reason, and lock hiring managers out of seeing the candidates notes, so you ALWAYS need to double your work to cover your butt. We are moving to ADP and I couldn't be happier. Maybe as my parting gift, they decided to make my life more miserable than they already have - and sent me 10,000 emails as my parting gift. I wouldn't put it past them. Of course, NO ONE will CALL me even after reading this review - I bet you 10,000 emails they won't even bother. You have been warned - do not buy this ATS

Top Trakstar Hire Alternatives

Carolyn
Carolyn

Reviewed on 21/12/2017

FAN

Pros

I have been a user for 5 years, and a couple things stand out about Recruiterbox. The customer service is extremely responsive. And this software is easy to use for key functionality for almost any user.

Cons

This is not a fully automated as resume parsing, automatic rating. I would also love to see some text integration.

Efrain Elias
Efrain Elias

Reviewed on 13/06/2018

One of the best ATS out there!

Pros

It's very organized and easy to use. We can manage all our positions very quick. The reports are also great indicators of our work.

Cons

The calendar feature could be better. We struggle a little as we do not use a compatible email provider for the calendar feature.

Kelly
Kelly

Reviewed on 10/01/2019

Easy to Use Applicant Tracking System

We posted our first job ad in 10 years online and the applications started pouring in. We quickly realized that trying to keep track of everything with email and a Google spreadsheet was not going to cut it. I spoke with Recruiterbox and within 3 days they had the software implemented for us and we were tracking everything that came in! I love their customized assessment forms (we already had one via Google sheets and sending it out via Recruiterbox is so much simpler). I also love that we can link our own job page on our website to Recruiterbox. It's a one-stop place for all applicants and for anybody on our operations team to see where we are in the hiring process with each one!

Pros

Recruiterbox makes tracking applicants for a position easy. Communications, resume, and answers to evaluation questions are all stored in one spot along with reviews from everybody who is in charge of hiring.

Cons

I'd like a bit more automation on when emails go out to candidates if you advance them to the next stage.

Vincenzo
Vincenzo
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

Excellent tool!!!

Ease of use, better organization and control of sensible data

Pros

The ease of using it. It really helps to get things better organised, in a much more professional way. Since I have been using it I have noticed that RB worries a lot about keeping improving the system. I strongly recommend RB as a great tool of the recruitment process.

Cons

Some features still need to improve, but I know it's a matter of time to have those improvements put in place.

Erin
Erin
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 8/01/2020

Great Hiring Tool

Pros

I have loved the ability to track job postings and associate candidates with those openings in one easy to use site. Our team can collaborate on postings and candidates and individualize process flows. The fact that we were able to integrate postings with our website was a major plus. Recruiterbox has become my sole resource for hiring and interviewing needs.

Cons

The interface seems to change every 6 months or so. It always takes me a little while to adjust.

Riya
Riya

Reviewed on 29/07/2016

Positive

Using this software for helping us in the hiring. Well equipped software and extremely user friendly. No training required. Extremely happy with the support team. They never fail to amaze us and deliver on time. Looking forward to have many years of even healthier relationship.
Keep rocking team!

Reviewed on 18/12/2023

Just awsome

Overall experience is good considering what was my expectations from this app and i am glad it landed the way as I expected

Pros

When recruiting for experience candidates this system provides the best feature like it is very easy to keep resume data and CRM uses is also up to the mark...liked it!!

Cons

I don't think there is any cons of using trakstar or maybe I am the lucky one who does not had any issue with this.

Bertold

Reviewed on 3/08/2016

This Tool Makes Hiring w/ Many Candidates A Breeze

Hiring for intern positions require us to sift through dozens of resumes. Bulk upload feature is a blessing as the tool can parse PDFs and populate profiles automatically. We love the integration capabilities and it was a breeze to add the job listings to our website. It is great that we do not have to request the website team to update the list of openings manually anymore. Receiving applications directly into the tool reduces the manual effort put into processing the applications. Configurable workflows are helpful. E-mail templates make communication with candidates super easy. Customer support is fantastic - majority of the time the resolution of an issue takes only a few hours.

Pros

Easy integration into your website
Applications go directly into RecruiterBox
Bulk upload of PDF resumes
Managing hiring process using custom workflows
E-mail templates are time-savers

Cons

Calendar integration in Google Apps is not working very well, but this is a minor annoyance only
Sometimes the app has problem scanning the PDFs - s they are either not displayed properly inline or have some garbled text. The original resume can still be downloaded and viewed using a standalone PDF viewer application.

Barb
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

Definitely the RIGHT CHOICE choosing Recruiterbox!

I was hired by Healthy Kids in March and one of my tasks was to research and select an ATS. After researching, I decided Recruiterbox would meet our needs and especially my needs as I was very used to working with Taleo for several years.

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] trained me initially and did a fantastic job. At that time, due to Covid, I was only working a few hours one day per week so week to week was a "review" of what [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] had trained me on prior. He was extremely patient and thorough and I appreciated all the time he spent with me, sometimes going over things a number of times as I would forget from week to week of not using the system.

The Support Team has been OUTSTANDING. Anytime I've sent an email to the support mailbox, I receive a response within minutes (very impressive). I do want to point out extra kudos for [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She is the best - just SPECTACULAR support. What a pleasure it has been working with her. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has taken time out of her busy day for the last several weeks and had scheduled weekly zoom calls with me so she can answer all my questions in one shot. She is so precise when explaining how to perform a task on Recruiterbox. We shared our screens and she will always show me an example. No question is ever too easy or difficult for her to answer and show me how to do it. I have absolutely loved onboarding and working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
, especially due to her great attitude, friendly personality and knowledge of the system. Recruiterbox was definitely the right choice

Pros

Ease of use
Navigating the system
Moving candidates through process
Offer letter process
Customer Service/support desk

Cons

There really are no negatives I can think of

Amy

Reviewed on 12/07/2016

Great way to manage recruitment - great service

Useful tool for managing recruitment efficiently. I had an issue with The application form and the Recruiter box team were really helpful in helping me resolve the issue.

Pros

At a quick glance you can see the stage of each of your candidates which is helpful when you have a large number of applicants and multiple positions running at the same time. You can manager interviews, cvs or any additional documents everything is all on the recruiter box which makes managing the recruitment process much more efficient and a lot less stressful.

Cons

I have not found any negatives with using the recruiter box. At first it took me time to get used to the system but now I would not manage without, it really helps with the organisation of recruitment.

Pete
Pete
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

A Must-Have for Recruitment Quality and Time-Saving

In case you hadn't noticed, I LOVE this software. It means I recruit NOW rather than putting it off until I have time to come up with a process.

Pros

This software revolutionised our recruitment process - it was exactly what I was looking for. We recruit maybe twice a year and, previously, I would have to find an old spreadsheet, remind myself what I'd done in the past, copy it, decide it needed changing, yadayadayada...

Recruiterbox does everything I need. It makes advertising the job simple (we commonly use LinkedIn and Indeed, both of which have yielded a good crop of candidates) and quick, and I can manage the candidates through the whole process with a minimum of input. I can see a glance where people are in the process and I can pinpoint the information I need at a stroke.

Cons

What's not to like? Sure, there are some small interface tweaks that might make things slightly better, but if anything had really bothered me, I would have contacted the developer to ask for it.

Charlie
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 19/04/2017

Great Applicant Tracker

If you're interested in using this product, the free version is excellent. It contains all the core functionality for applicant tracking, it's only limited to a number of users (5) and applicants (200). As a small organization, we lasted us a solid year before we decided to upgrade.

Pros

This software is really easy to use. The layout and user interface are quite excellent - everything is right where I expect it to be. I have used it with my HR team, and also with managers who don't do much hiring, and all of them have had no problems using it.
It is a great organizational tool, it properly highlights applicants who might have applied for a job with us before, basing it off name, phone, and email address. No more ctrl+f and a giant spreadsheet.

Cons

Really the only downside is that there are only 2 types of users, administrators and basic users, both of which have the ability to work on files and contact applicants. I would like another level of user which would allow people to view files, but not interact with the workflow or email out to applicants. I have a specific user in mind who wants oversight, but doesn't always do software well.

Aleksandra

Reviewed on 9/08/2016

Absolutely amazing!

A very convenient and user-friendly ATS! I've been using it more than a year and I see how the product grows and develops! It's like when you have just a thought that some feature would be great to have, but they have already implemented it! And I am very happy with the customer support - all questions are solved almost immediately! And the system is so adjustable - you can build separate hiring workflow for every opening if you need.

Pros

Very easy to use ATS! If you have a newcomer, there is no necessity to waste a lot of time in training as the system is so intuitive and user-friendly. You can see that system constantly grow and develops as the new features are introduced or some old features are being re-designed to become even more convenient to use.

Jeff
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 29/06/2016

A lifesaver for those who hire

Within the past two years, we've shifted our hiring practices from reactive to a proactive approach of "always be hiring". Recruiterbox has played a pivotal part in enabling us to manage the constant inflow of applicants across multiple departments and positions. For both workflow and information management, the software can't be beat.

Pros

Easy-to-use and customize to fit company practices and/or individual position needs
Quick plug-n-play feature to connect hiring to your existing website
Easy to share postings across multiple online platforms (social media, hiring boards)
Quickly identifies applicants who have applied before

Laura

Reviewed on 4/10/2016

Very useful and usable!

Our office has been beta testing this product and we are now moving towards company wide adoption of the system. We have been using Recruiterbox for our office hiring for about a year and it has been an invaluable tool for our company. We typically get over a hundred applicants for a single open position, and the adoption of this system has made sorting through all of them much easier and more streamlined. It is very user friendly, inexpensive and makes sorting through the hundreds of applications received as easy as possible. We are able to have multiple people review applicant groups, mark applicants for easy sorting, and easily move applicants through the stages of the hiring process. The best aspect of using Recruiterbox for us has been the amazing customer support. Utilizing the "live chat" support option, you can easily message with a representative to get questions answered or to provide feedback about any problems you might be having. Fixes to any problem seem to be made within hours and whenever there isn't an easy answer to a question, the representatives send an email follow up when they find a solution. The level of responsiveness is one of the greatest strengths of this program, and you can tell that they take every suggestion into consideration when improving their product. Each upgrade that we have seen the system go through has made big improvements, and I do not doubt that it will continue to improve even more as time goes on. Highly recommended trying out this system for hiring as it has definitely been an easy time saver for us!

• Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 20/08/2018

A decent ATS for full-cycle recruiting

Overall, this is an above average software that hits all the necessary needs of the recruitment lifecycle. Great for smaller/start-up recruiting practices or freelance recruiters.

Pros

RecruiterBox is a user-friendly way to manage resumes, open job requisitions, and recruiting pipeline. Simplified format, allows you to upload multiple resumes at the same time, and filter candidates and organize folders. Decent application integration with other ATS systems.

Cons

Free version is very limited, so you will likely have to pay to experience it's full potential. Pricing is a little high, but not bad compared to similar services. I'd like to see a better mobile application as well.

Randeep
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 15/08/2018

A smart tool apt for small firms to schedule interviews and get hiring done with ease.

Pros

One of the most attractive features is that the application can analyze all the attached resumes and retrieve information about education, skills etc. We can configure the workflows based on the vacancies and openings, and we can even design all the steps of the hiring process along with their outcomes. The application syncs with Google calendar and thereby schedules appointments for an interview. The customer service team is very genuine and responsive. You can easily enter your firm’s job feed. The application helps to screen, sort and add comments and you can easily import a candidate from various sources. The rejection templates that you can use to reject candidates all in a go, helps in saving a lot of time.

Cons

An option to highlight a few resumes would be superb. The absence of an option to insert signature lines.

Janice
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 30/01/2020

Recruiterbox experience

It is an easy way to get our applicants directly to our hiring managers as soon as they apply. It has been really a lifesaver as far as recruitment goes.

Pros

Very easy to use, affordable and great customer service to provide support whenever we have questions!

Cons

I can't think of anything at the moment.

Robert
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

Well Featured, but buggy

Overall good. I think that they need to polish it up a bit, but it does what we need it to.

Pros

This allows us to track our candidates, schedule interviews and manage our hiring process all in one place.

Cons

The email feature is poorly formatted. All paragraph spaces are double spaced, and depending on the email service receiving the message, there are times were spaces between paragraphs get doubled or tripled, making for an extremely oddly formatted email to candidates.

Response from Mitratech

Thanks for sharing your feedback Robert! We would love to learn more about the email issues you're experiencing. Our support team will be reaching out to connect with you.

Replied 16/12/2019
Alfred
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 17/01/2020

Great Rectruitment Site

I cna send out the posting for an immediate hiring and RecruiterBox sends this out to alot of other recruitment sites

Pros

This software is very easy to use and easy to track applicants thru the hiring process

Cons

I think the only issue I have ever had is trying to import bulk resumes into RecruiterBox for storage of all applicants. It doesnt allow me to do this because some of the titles have characters not allwoed

• Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 24/11/2016

Great recruiting app with amazing customer service

We've been using recruiterbox for about 7 months now to manage full time hires for our small startup as well as remote contractors who apply to mentor people through our website.

Recruiterbox is useful in helping us manage applicants in one place, the pricing is great and the customer service is amazing. Every interaction I've had with someone there has been wonderful -- they've even made small changes to their product in days after I've emailed to point out something that wasn't working for me. Great company!

Pros

Easy to use product that helps organize recruiting process for our small team and killer customer support/service.

Cons

I think their UI could be a little more intuitive.

Reviewed on 15/12/2018

Recruiterbox

The most important business problem Recruiterbox solves for me is to get the right candidate that can support our applications issues, and not having to terminate that person. Recruiterbox has given us and me the starting point for us to grow within our company.

Pros

Recruiterbox gives me the best possible candidates out of all the resume submitted in their portal website; I just started using Recruiterbox my company went ahead and purchased the Pro version to get all the features; What i like about Recruiterbox is a few main features of the more than 30 of them; First, Customer Service its one of the first support for any questions and concerns i have with using Recruiterbox, all questions are answered in timely manner. Secondly, Sharing the candidates Resume with my team members to properly select ones that stands out the most with experience. Third, Managing user roles and Permissions, as the manager of my department, i have choose what parts of the application my colleagues can view, but cannot edit. Lastly; Referrals are the main feature, I can ask for a referral within Recruiterbox of the candidate.

Cons

With only less than 6 months of use, i do not have any negative points for Recruiterbox , so far i am liking it.