Webex Reviews

About Webex

Webex brings together Calling, Meeting and Messaging modes of collaboration into a seamless, engaging, inclusive and intelligent experience. Seamless collaboration across devices, locations and organizations • Use any computer,...

4.2
4.2

Browse Webex Reviews

6,890 of 6,890 reviews
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Host Meetings Professionally!

Cisco WebEx keeps our meetings professional for both internal users and clients we work with! We've noticed that most people are familiar with the software and have used it before so it makes hosting meetings even easier.

Pros

WebEx is really easy to use and setup! From both the view point of the admin setting up a meeting or an end user who was invited to a meeting, it's all really simple! I especially enjoy how WebEx will automatically adjust for time zone changes since many meetings I'm joining or hosting are with people on the other side of the country. Screen sharing also works really well, usually I'd experience some bandwidth issues with other software but for some reason WebEx works wonderfully!

Cons

The only con I can think of is that sometimes if I'm joining a meeting that I have scheduled in my Google Calendar it won't work correctly. It should be able to load the meeting invite and join as intended but I usually find myself having to manually enter the meeting ID, attendee ID, and passcode.

Zoom Events and Webinar

Reasons for Choosing Webex

We wanted a more professional look and feel once we migrated from Google Apps for Business to Office 365 but didn't want to utilize Skype for Business.

Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to Webex

It was pricier than most but because WebEx is such a familiar name with lots of users and so simple to use we felt the price and ROI was justified.
ELENA
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

Best Messaging App!

Pros

I really like how Webex is so easy to use. You really don't need a manual at all to understand how to use it. The instant messaging makes it simple to access any employee across the organization. The video aspect makes meetings and one on one calls easy. It has customizable options to make it your own.

Cons

There isn't really anything I don't like about Webex.

Steve
Steve

Reviewed on 8/09/2018

How the mighty have fallen

WebEx used to be great software. Now it is mediocre software that is overpriced and underfeatured. Asking a question on a Cisco forum about WebEx has the moderator close your question and redirect you to a WebEx site. WebEx is past its prime, and it shows in the lack of revolutionary or even maintenance features in the WebEx client. Nearly any other choice will be cheaper and offer a better experience to users.

Pros

WebEx was the default leader in virtual meetings. Subsequent to its acquisition by Cisco, things got markedly better. The tool had broad integration with scheduling tools like Outlook, and the (relatively) recent addition of the ability to attend a meeting using only a browser is an added bonus for people who lack administrative rights on their PCs.

Cons

With stiff competition from Microsoft's Skype for Business, the venerable GoToMeeting, and newer arrivals like Slack and Zoom, WebEx is now a choice amongst many. When WebEx works, it does so decently at best. It suffers from bandwidth issues, even with only two participants in the same building. Furthermore, if a large enterprise buys an account, they are given "dedicated" support. When the client recently kept crashing every time I joined a meeting, I called the WebEx support number. After a half hour, I was told I needed to be transferred to our company's dedicated support team, who (after an hour of not being able to fix my problem) said I needed to be transferred to Cisco. Their agents wanted me to roll back device drivers (that hadn't been updated in over three months) and even suggested I may need to reinstall my operating system! I told them I had no issues with any of the other tools I use daily (Hangouts, Slack, Zoom, Skype for Business) and that I could attend a WebEx meeting if I used a browser. The agents only knew how to read from a script, and still haven't solved my problem.

Top Webex Alternatives

Britney
Britney
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 10/11/2023

Must needed tool for Training

Overall, I am a huge fan and my job relies heavily on this application. Even with some of the pros ive listed, there are workarounds to fix the issue.

Pros

I have used this tool for over 5 years and its something I use every day for work. Its great for training classes, remote or onsite in a classroom. It keeps the class engaged, they can share screens and learn from hands on practices, and can work together in smaller groups which is great for learning activities. The whiteboard feature is helpful for notes and announcements, keeping the class on track. And everything from the session can be saved for later review or to send to a learner that was absent. Everyone is on the same call and it makes it easy for the trainer to watch participation levels and call on learners to read or answer questions. Its a must need for corporate training. The trainer can even share a view of their webex to demo how it works and what fucntions are available to use.

Cons

For those who have little to no computer experience, it can be difficult for them to navigate and understand what buttons do what, especially when taking control and screen sharing. Breakout sessions can be finicky because they will mess up if the users arent dialed in correctly or if the call drops from the host.

Umang
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Reviewed on 29/12/2023

Great collaboration tool for daily work

- very good experience for 10+ years
- highly recommended

Pros

- ease to use
- training is available easily
- great features

Cons

- lack of upgrades
- other available options (zoom, teams meeting) are taking over market share

david
  • Industry: Banking

Superb Tool

Pros

I use Webex daily and it makes video conferencing so easy. Extremely easy to use and never any issues

Cons

Only positive things to say about my experiences using Webex

Valente

Reviewed on 2/01/2024

WebEx, there is no other product like it!

Pros

Th ease of creating an at hoc meeting with no issues.

Cons

Nothing, WebEx is a great tool for all office use.

Roy
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

Good for business needs, not great compared to alternatives

Pros

Integration of Cisco hardware units and TelePresence

Cons

Clunky software, cannot change attendee’s name without logging out and back into a meeting.

Tamara
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 1/02/2024

Positive experience using Webex

Pros

The easy to navigate platform when setting up or attending a meeting

Cons

There were some glitches with sound and audio that took time to work out

Francesco
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Useful

Pros

Webex is your virtual meeting wingman. It nails the video and audio game, making you feel like you're in the same room. Sharing screens and files is a piece of cake, and the interactive whiteboard? Total collaboration game-changer. Security is top-notch, keeping your meetings safe and sound. It's user-friendly, plays nice with other tools, though a hiccup might pop up occasionally. But hey, Webex is the go-to for making remote teamwork feel more like a team high-five.

Cons

Sometimes there were some technical problems with the audio and video.

Kevin
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 25/08/2020

Teleconferencing software with an enterprise mindset

Overall, the product works well enough. The features and quality of the video and audio work well to the point that we can perform paid consultations and workshops with our members. The interface is straightforward and is used by all of our technical and nontechnical staff on a daily basis with great success.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to use and set up from both an administrator and user perspective. We have been using this software for around two years, and we have had success with 1-1 Meetings, group meetings, company-wide town hall meetings, and large workshops or other events involving people from both inside and outside of our organization. The integration with GSuite email and calendaring works great, and the ability to have personal rooms along with persistent rooms for invited guests has been a big feature for us, especially with everyone working from home. Finally, the integration with the RoomKit devices in our conference rooms has worked really well with bridging together on-premise and remote workers during meetings and other collaboration sessions.

Cons

While there is a stand-alone application which can run all the time on your computer, I feel there is a fair amount of confusion as to if it should be used or to always simply rely on the web client for everything. Product features seem to lag significantly behind other solutions such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom, and I have found that WebEx is slower in connecting to meetings, and has lower video quality, than Zoom.

Nelson Kipchirchir
Nelson Kipchirchir

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

An awesome online meeting tool!

Pros

No too many logins needed just a meeting link, one click, and boom! you join the meeting
The application provides a very clear audio and video quality.
The number of people it can accommodate in meetings awesome.
The meeting still goes on even if the host disconnects or has internet connectivity problems.
The android phone application is very stable and anyone with a good phone can use it.
A good tool for conducting interviews online as it provides additional functionalities like a lobby and also meeting locking.

Cons

The pricing is slightly higher for individuals with a low budget. They should look into that
It also needs a very stable internet bandwidth.
I did not like the idea of using voice over the internet while using mobile phones. It also proved a difficulty for people who have no complete understanding of users to use the app on a mobile phone.

Zoom

Reasons for Choosing Webex

The video/audio quality of Webex is awesome plus it has more additional features which make it easy to conduct virtual meetings more interactive as compared to other related products.

Zoom

Kelly

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

The most reliable conferencing software out there

After having tried several other products, I have come back to WebEx time and time again.

Pros

I use Webex to teach continuing education courses at my local community college. I actually pay for an account out of my own pocket after having so much trouble with the software the college provided. Webex is very consistent. It's rare that a student has trouble getting on. It allows me to share my screen, record sessions, track attendance, use breakouts, share files and video. Really, anything I've needed to do. The phone app is very good and I've had to use it when my power went out during class. I just hopped on the mobile app and finished teaching from my phone.

Cons

The only downfall of the software is that users have to download a plugin to use it on their computer. Rarely do any of my students have an issue with it. However, people seem more resistant to downloading things these days and some of them do complain about it.

GoTo Webinar

Reasons for Choosing Webex

WebEx is the most reliable software I've used for teaching. I rarely have technical issues with it.

Reasons for Switching to Webex

I like the WebEx interface better.
Claire
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 9/04/2023

Excellent Webex Experience

Overall, Webex is a great choice for businesses looking for a reliable video conferencing platform. The audio and video quality are excellent, the features are comprehensive, and the interface is easy-to-use. The only downside is the cost, which can be prohibitive for some businesses.

Pros

Webex is an easy-to-use and reliable platform for video conferencing, with a wide range of features that make it a great choice for businesses. The interface is intuitive and the video and audio quality are excellent, making it an ideal choice for remote meetings.

Cons

The only downside is the cost, which can be quite expensive for larger organizations. Additionally, the setup can be time consuming and sometimes difficult for those who are not tech-savvy.

Reviewed on 28/05/2022

It's an easy-to-use video and web conferencing solution

It's simple to attend a Webex meeting from anywhere, just like many other online meeting solutions. Browser integration is a piece of cake. Everything runs better using the desktop application. My lectures and meetings go more easily thanks to the screen-sharing capability.

Pros

Video conferences and interviews with Webex may be smooth and error-free. For our meetings, we utilized WebEx, which provides a secure connection. I'm a fan of the variety of methods to connect. For those who are constantly on the go, the mobile version is ideal.

Cons

We're solely on the user side of the program, so there's not much to say here. We have a good selection of options at our disposal. I believe Webex should be more user-friendly because it can be a little difficult to access calls.

Hossein
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 8/02/2023

Webex is an efficient video/audio call software for professional meetings

Overall, it is a very great group call and messaging software. I would recommend using it for businesses meetings in a professional setting.

Pros

I have used webex for years, and I barely have had any issues with it. Voice call, video call, screen sharing, and messaging features are great. It is very quick to connect. You can also have webinars with a lot of attendees on webe. You can restrict permission as the owner of the event on webex. The meetings can be added in your calander and you get notifications before the meetings start, so you have a good track of time. It is great especially for employees working remotely.

Cons

There is no specific dislike I have for webex. I would suggest they improve the sync between desktop version and mobile version. Sometimes my apps in two devices do not sync properly and I do not get notifications on one of the devices (chat notification or call notification)

Mirza Abdul Ghafoor
Mirza Abdul Ghafoor
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 24/01/2023

Webex for Everyone !

Overall experience regarding WebEx remains top notch as I’ve been using it more than a year over a long period of time it’s consistency has shown a lot of results .

Pros

The most impactful feature about WebEx that it keep us in touch with your colleagues , managers and team leads . End to end update can be shared easily among the team members

Cons

No , Nothing was difficult when it comes to WebEx , it’s a very simplified software used by my organisation and i didn’t find any difficulty integrating it with the process

Reasons for Choosing Webex

Expensive and a lot of flexible options are available in WebEx

Reasons for Switching to Webex

WebEx is more accessible on vast variety of mobile devices than teams .
Goran
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 29/06/2022

A great video conferencing tool

We use Webex for all of our scrum meetings. It is a tool that is good for that specific job and I prefer using it for the scrum ceremonies over Slack and similar services. Whenever I need a quick call, though, it's so much easier to just click a button in Slack than go through sharing a room link in Webex.

Pros

Webex is a good tool for video conferencing. It does that particular job probably the best of all tools I used so far.

Cons

Other than video conferencing, all the little things that come with that are actually slightly worse than in the competitors. My particular grief is the annotation (screen drawing) tool that is very unintuitive, gets interrupted whenever the presenter does anything, and requires special permissions to use.

Zoom and Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing Webex

The scrum master and TA liked Webex more than Teams.

Reasons for Switching to Webex

The user interface of Webex was nicer.
EMEL
EMEL
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

Perfect meeting and communication management with Cisco WebEx

In overall I'm very happy to use Cisco WebEx meetings while working in the office or during the business travels. Sharing information, getting or giving training, meeting with the team members or foreigners from distance never had been easy this much. WebEx increases our communication and sharing capabilities with it's many features...

Pros

HD video and audio conferencing is probably the best positive side of WebEx. Connectivity oprions e.g. landline or internet call also good. While you make the meeting, you can share your screen or even control other user screens and make some actions while controlling their screen as well. There are lots of ways to effectively use WebEx. Firstly, you may use mobile version (IOS, Android) of WebEx and quickly connect to your meetings while on the go. Secondly there are different add ons such as MS Outlook add on. This enables one-click WebEx feature; so that you can either add meeting link to your invitation or instantly start a meeting by just one click from outlook menu. There are also other tools like Record Meetings or Productivity tool, these give you change to increase efficiency; again by just one or two clicks.

Cons

Latest version of the WebEx has a very lean interface which makes it elegant but on the other hand some user controls are kind of hidden or hard to reach so you may struggle in the first hand; but can get used to by the time. Another drawback is the lag or slow down issue while sharing or controlling screens. I think the severity depends on your connection speed; but this is likely to happen if you use control features much. Lastly, connection with WebEx server may be an issue time to time; but I don't see this as a critical issue as it may happen with other service providers as well.

Veljko
Veljko

Reviewed on 18/02/2021

Handles large meetings quite well, but people still join with two devices to avoid issues

It is being used by our client, big banking corporation, that trust the privacy of the platform which is probably the main driver for its choice. I've had much better user-experience with other similar software, but this being a "forced" platform to use, it's not that bad nowadays. Hopefully, they'd keep on improving it in the future as well.

Pros

I've seen webex meetings with about 150 participants and it worked without any issues. For big events it can even support the 'hidden participants' which is also great for hosting public events. Recently it got several updates which got rid of some of the most annoying problems with the platform (the "person joined the meeting" sound, people forgetting to mute themselves upon entering, ability to have co-hosts, introduced "push-to-talk" feature, easy switching between audio/video devices). Ability to easily record sessions is a plus. The desktop client can sync with Outlook/Webex so you can enjoy the "one-click-to-join" experience. It also works with people from outside the organization (anonymous logins), which enables widespread usage with contractors or other external staff in general.

Cons

* In a meeting with ~100 people, around 30 of them will have joined with two devices - they would use one for seeing the screen and sharing video, and the other one for audio. It appears there's still issues with it which is quite annoying being it's 2021 and that's one of the basic features.
* The features only started rolling out since the pandemic broke out - the webex was looking pretty bad for quite some time, and it seems it got the attention only when competition threatened to surpass it. It's still not ideal and the product roadmap seems to be secret, which makes it hard to estimate its future.
* If you install the desktop client it is constantly using the microphone (even when there's no meeting, it's just sitting in the system-tray) - this not only raises concerns around privacy, but also my headphones don't like it and have constant background noise from it - I have to shut down the client to stop it.

papa arona
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 31/10/2021

great online meeting tool

Webex has a simple user interface and provides access to meeting options as soon as you enter its dashboard. Simply select the "Schedule a Meeting" option, then choose any meeting template to set up a meeting.
Meeting participation and collaboration is also made easy. You can send invitations with instructions to attendees on how to join the meeting in an invitation email, along with the meeting password.
The platform allows you to join the meeting from your computer system, mobile device or video system. You can also join the meeting directly from the browser, without installing the application or creating an account with Webex.
Setting up the webinar is easy, and you can do so directly from the dashboard by clicking on the "Host an event" option. Webex also allows you to record the webinar for later viewing and provides real-time technical support during the webinar.
You can also choose how to connect to audio, mute or unmute your microphone, and turn your video on or off before joining a meeting. In addition, you can select audio options such as "computer audio," "call me" and "call audio" when using the Webex Meetings app.
Webex Analytics is an option that gives you access to interactive graphs and data visualizations that describe details such as usage and adoption trends. There's even an option to install all reports in a CSV file.Other features include real-time translation in over 100 languages, screen sharing, displaying your screen status, notes, and more.

Pros

- Webex has a simple user interface and provides access to meeting options as soon as you enter its dashboard.
- Webex has a blog full of useful articles, an FAQ section and offers experts help.
- Webex has essential features including HD video, screen sharing, in-app voice, joining a meeting from any video system, chat and more.
- Interactive participation with annotation tools and whiteboards.
- Advanced meeting analytics to provide insight into what happened with your participants.
- Host an unlimited number of meetings.

Cons

- Not suitable for large scale webinars.
- You must subscribe to additional plans to host multiple meetings simultaneously.

Scott
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 1/04/2022

Versatile tool for today's business environment!

Business problems are really discussed in the "pros" section above. Many in our company are now able to work from home for multiple days of the week on a permanent basis. Having a tool like Webex helps make this possible and I see it leading to cost savings as office space shrinks in the future. I'm very happy with the tool and enjoy its use.

Pros

With the new work from home push brought on from the COVID 19 pandemic, we needed to find tools that would facilitate the new normal. Webex is a great tool that we use for multiple applications.
1. We use this for internal chat back and forth within the company. This tool provides instant messaging that is faster than e-mail and more likely to be read by the user.
2. It is very good for web conferencing. This tool and others like it save on travel costs by allowing group meetings with people from all over the world to collaborate - face to face if the cameras are used. It is so much better than the expensive, clunky video conferencing equipment from 10-15 years ago.

In addition to the web conferences, you can share your screen and do a live demo when conducting training on an ERP or other software applications.

3. VOIP - for me, working from home is a mixed blessing. One of the issues I have with working at home is that my cell service is very spotty in my home (we have cut the cord and only have cellular) Using Webex for VOIP yields a clearer signal than my cell phone and the cost is low for the VOIP services.

4. Security - our IT team evaluated this and found it to meet security requirements to allow use. (One of two collaboration/meeting tools allowed)

Cons

I don't have much that I dislike on this tool. One thing that can be a problem is that I have multiple tools we use for web conferencing and chat messages. Between checking two chat boxes plus e-mail and handling live calls and web conferences, it is easy to miss a message with so many ways to send them. I sometimes fail to see that I have a Webex message until hours or sometimes days later.

Arpan
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 21/05/2023

Effortless File and Screen Sharing: Streamline Collaboration with Webex

I like Webex because of its wide range of features and ease of use. It allows for easy collaboration between colleagues, even across different countries. With the ability to set up a meeting in minutes, it eliminates the need for long setup times before meetings. The interface is also incredibly user friendly and intuitive which makes it easy to learn how to use quickly. Additionally, I really appreciate that it offers both video conferencing and instant messaging capabilities, allowing users to have more than one way of communicating with each other. Webex has robust security features such as built-in encryption and password protection which give me peace of mind when using the platform for sensitive conversations or data sharing. Finally, I love that Webex integrates with many third-party tools like Dropbox or Google Drive so teams can share documents easily during their virtual meetings without having to switch applications constantly. All in all, Webex is an excellent tool that enables efficient remote collaboration while keeping everyone secure at the same time!

Pros

1.Easy and convenient file sharing.2.Seamless screen sharing during meetings.3.Remote access and control capabilities.4.High-quality video conferencing.5.Reliable and stable platform performance.6.User-friendly interface and intuitive controls.7.Interactive collaboration tools & Robust security features.8.Integration with other productivity tools and applications.9.Excellent customer support and technical assistance.

Cons

Webex's seamless experience and robust features have significantly improved my ability to collaborate, communicate, and engage with others, making it an invaluable tool in my professional endeavors.

Ravinder
Ravinder
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

Cisco Webex - one of the best tool to conduct online virtual meeting with great security

Being a legal service company and as per the company’s legal compliance, we have chosen the Cisco WebEx. In terms of legal compliance, the security of Cisco WebEx is quite good. We generally use it to conduct an online meetings with vendors and clients.

Pros

Cisco WebEx is the one-stop solution for online virtual meetings. Cisco Webex features include document, application and desktop sharing, Integrated audio and VOIP for toll-free calling, and Video Conferencing. Online meetings can be recording, editing, and played back later for retrieve useful information. The best feature I like is audio to text transcripts that WebEx creates for each meeting. So, you can choose to automatically receive recording transcriptions and you don’t have to focus on making notes during your meeting. Webex support integration with popular other software including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, IBM Lotus Notes and other IM solutions. Cisco WebEx is a cloud bases solution and meetings can be joined using desktop, browser, or mobile device with any client or additional plug-ins. Audio and Video quality are good and reduces background noises which may cause distractions. Cisco WebEx provides industry-leading security to each meeting held on its platform.

Cons

The mobile app seems to have functionalities as compared to the desktop app. The issue with audio and video over slower networks can be improved. Integration with third-party software can be improved. It usually takes time if you drop off in an ongoing meeting and then tries to rejoin again.

Javier
Javier
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 18/09/2019

Cisco Webex Meetings - Meetings with everyone without limits

With Cisco Webex Meeting I can contact and work with anyone without leaving the office or my home. It allows me to support clients instantly, meet with colleagues who are in another country without having to travel or take distance training without the cost associated with the trip. Many of the daily meetings that work requires are resolved with this application without leaving the office.

Pros

Cisco Webex Meetings is the quintessential collaborative cloud platform. It allows users to have their own personal room to be able to meet up to 1000 people in the same meeting. It has video capacity of up to 200 participants, you can use a white board to show any idea in an instant and even share screen or give or take control of another device. All in one application. And the best part is that if you are near a Cisco video device, you can use proximity and define that device as an audio and video device instead of a cell phone or computer.
If the guests do not have the application installed, it does not matter, from any browser they can join the meeting or from the cell phone. What more can you ask for a virtual meeting application?

Cons

Honestly there isn't much to say at this point. Maybe just mention that you need to be a computer administrator to be able to install the application that without it, you don't have the plug in in Office tools like Outlook. It would be good not to have this requirement and to be able to have the plug in without having the need to install the application.