Duo Security Reviews

4.7

4.7

About Duo Security

Duo Security is a cloud-based identity management and data security platform. It helps protect the data of organizations at scale. It also helps users reduce management overheads, enabling organizations to handle agility, reduce...

Browse Duo Security Reviews

Matthew
Matthew

Reviewed on 26/04/2022

Simplified Security

I enjoy the endpoint security perspective of the application coupled with the simplistic user interface - this is very good for non-tech users working remotely.

Pros

I like that Duo let's you know what might compromise your experience on a platform. It tells you to upgrade your android/iOS handset and gives a severity level. This is great from an endpoint security perspective.

Cons

At times - the app takes a little time to prompt the user that an attempt is being made. This may be a function of slow infrastructure, but it is hard to assess.

Jonathan
  • Industry: Photography
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 16/06/2023

J.L. Duo Security Review

Duo Security was the second-in-line when it came to authentication and data security for protecting my device's applications but really fell short when it came to the execution of its actual functionality when the time came. So, within the time period of installing and using the software, I soon uninstalled it in search of another software to satisfy my needs with less complications.

Pros

Duo Security's simplistic design format makes any user, including myself, notice any and every possible feature available and if unsure, can contact their support team who replies in a very short span of time.

Cons

There were times in the past where I would use Duo Security as a two-factor authentication system to login my Instagram account. However, on those times the code that would refresh every 30 seconds was always deemed incorrect. And so I would have to disable the software's functionality and risk my account security to simply login to Instagram.

Krishna
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 10/03/2020

Beware! Customer service has been non-existent following Cisco acquisition

Pros

We have used Duo for many years. It was easy to implement and has always worked well.

Cons

Last year we negotiated bulk pricing and paid in advance for a 14-month term. Later we discovered that they had never provisioned our licenses and were still billing our credit card. Now, four months later, after numerous phone calls and more than a dozen emails, they have still not provisioned the licenses we paid for. They have acknowledged that this is their mistake and they need to fix it, but they seem incapable of doing so.

I get the sense that their organization is completely dysfunctional following the Cisco acquisition. Given that they cannot solve the challenge of "how does a customer purchase your software?", I am worried what might happen if you came to them with anything more difficult.

Top Duo Security Alternatives

Gordon
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 27/07/2023

A well known muti-factor aunthentication Solution

Overall, Duo Security is one of those mandatory have solutions. In the world of today where security is a big concern, multi-factor authentication is essential.

Pros

We use Duo Security to login to almost all our cloud infrastructure platforms. It is simple and minimum set up is required for someone to get set up and start using. It provides a variety of authentication methods like one-time passwords, push notifications, SMS etc. My favourite authentication method is the approval methods by the mobile phone app. The way it works is that once you input your username and password, a prompt is then sent to your phone with two options, either approve or deny. It is only after selecting Approve that you are signed in. I like this method because it is the easiest to use of all the multi-factor authentication methods available for Duo Security. Another advantage of Duo Security is that it works with quite a number of platforms ranging from desktop services, cloud services and VPNs.Duo Security offers insightful analytics which helps you track the security of your platforms. Login attempts can be monitored, and potential security threats eliminated before they can cause any harm.

Cons

Duo Security is very much connectivity and mobile device dependent. This may not be accessible to everyone at any given time. Another limitation of Duo Security is that the mobile application is only accessible through certain phones with a certain a specific android version for Android Mobile Users. There is this one time when the application failed to install in one of my colleagues phone. They had to use their wife's phone for multi-factor authentication whenever they needed to login to a specific remote desktop.

Alex
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 22/07/2023

Important to have.

Has been an excellent and smooth experience for me, it is easy to use and it gives me peace knowing that if someone wanted to use my credential i will be notify.

Pros

Mobile authentication is great, the pop up screen that just require accept once you are login in to the VPN is very efficient and easy to use.

Cons

When changing mobile device or phone number associated to the DUO it can be a nightmare doing the self service steps for people that are not computer savvy, within the organization has colleagues that do it very fast and some of them that hard to understand and follow the steps.

Frida
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 6/10/2023

Omnipresent tool. Gives the confidence needed.

Transforming. Am delighted to say that I can confidently work on my personal matters and responsibilities away from work rest assured that am safe.

Pros

What pushed me into using Duo Security is their trustworthy. It focuses on business protection and solutions leading to an overall best performance. I have enjoyed a user friendly dashboard. Very customizable features with secure multi-factor authentication solution. Deployment went well and didn't consume more time than expected.

Cons

With confidence, I salute Duo Security and highly suggest it to anyone. Let it do it for you. Always there for assistance. I have no cons.

Reviewed on 2/11/2023

Best tool for 2FA

Pros

Duo Security simplifies the implementation of two-factor authentication, enhancing security against unauthorized access. With a user-friendly interface and a variety of authentication methods, it offers flexibility and peace of mind for organizations seeking to bolster their security measures.

Cons

Occasional delays in the authentication process can be a minor inconvenience when using Duo Security.

Orwell
Orwell
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 24/06/2023

Mobile authenticator user review

For me I can describe my experience with the mobile authentication app as very convenient for the security of my work computer since I have my phone at all time and my phone also has a password so that adds another wall of security for my companies sensitive information.

Pros

Duo security mobile app is very convenient since i am working from home and have my phone on me all the time and it is very easy to use the mobile app you just need to open the app and it will show you the one time code for my computer login. And you can also refresh the code anytime if you get it wrong.

Cons

For my use it is very convenient and I have not yet got in to anyproblem using the mobile authenticator.

Reviewed on 5/11/2023

Duo Security

Pros

Easy and secure way to protect data.
I like that I can manage it from my phone.

Cons

I do not have any negative experiences with Duo Security app.

Rilwan
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 16/11/2023

The right multi-factor authentication solution

Pros

As a result of the type of company we run, it is vital to incorporate multi factor authentication. The setup is easy, the platform works most of the time and the customer service is amazing as well.

Cons

So far, nothing that I can think of from using for over 1 year.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 17/03/2023

"Streamline Your Security with Duo: The Ultimate Solution for Easy and Effective Protection"

Pros

Duo Security is a popular vendor that offers a cloud-based multifactor authentication (MFA) solution, which provides many benefits, such as:1. Strong Authentication: Duo Security provides strong authentication to secure access to your applications, devices, and data. Its MFA solution helps to ensure that only authorized users can access sensitive information, preventing unauthorized access.2. Easy Integration: Duo Security can easily integrate with a variety of applications, such as VPNs, cloud applications, and on-premise solutions. This makes it easy to add an extra layer of security to your existing IT infrastructure.3. User-Friendly: Duo Security is user-friendly and easy to use. It offers a range of authentication methods, including push notifications, SMS, phone call, and biometrics, making it convenient for users to access their accounts.4. Comprehensive Dashboard: Duo Security offers a comprehensive dashboard that allows you to monitor and manage authentication events, track device compliance, and gain insights into your security posture.5. Security Features: Duo Security offers several security features, such as device visibility and control, policy enforcement, and adaptive access policies. These features help to ensure that your organization's security policies are enforced, and only authorized users can access sensitive information.

Cons

Some potential cons of Duo Security may include:1. Cost: Some users may find the cost of Duo Security to be higher than other security solutions in the market.2. Integration: While Duo Security integrates with many applications and platforms, some users may experience difficulties in integrating with specific systems or may require additional configuration to work effectively.3. User Interface: Some users may find the Duo Security user interface to be confusing or not as intuitive as other security solutions they have used in the past.4. Customer Support: Some users have reported experiencing slow response times or limited support options from Duo Security's customer support team.

Wendy

Reviewed on 15/02/2022

A must have for security and log in authentication

Definitely very satisfied with it. It is a very universal and must needed tool for companies to use at work to ensure their log ins do not get hacked by other people as the notification is sent directly to you and no one else. It is very user friendly and very straight forward. A must download!

Pros

I use this daily at work when I log into my work email and work related websites. It is a very handy program (I download the app onto my phone) and whenever I log in, it would send a ping to my app on my phone which I then use to approve the log in, and then it allows me to log in. This is a sure way to prevent others from hacking into your log and ensures the highest level of security. All the employees at my company/hospital use it and we all highly recommend it! It is very straightforward and very easy to use!

Cons

None whatsoever, the program is so user friendly and very straightforward. Definitely a must have for security use for logging in at work or public computers.

Anindita
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 16/04/2022

Duo Security: Secure yes but keep phone close

Maybe Duo should incorporate other ways to allow access alongside mobile devices. The reason being many a time mobile phones are not connected to the internet or not in the vicinity.

Pros

Our university switched to Duo securities some time back for authentication purposes. Security, of course, increased several folds. Also, Duo allowed multiple login/authentication. The enhanced security becomes very prudent when dealing with sensitive data.

Cons

Be ready to keep your mobile phone close to you when you want to access the accounts that need authentication via duo. My biggest issue is the extreme dependence on mobile phones. If the phone is lost or not in your vicinity, it becomes cumbersome to log in. Also, once you login the software sends a push notification to your mobile. The duration that push notification remains active is significantly less. There have been many instances when a notification was pushed to my mobile device, and my device was not within my reach. By the time I retrieve my device, the push notification expired.

Faith
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 25/05/2023

Duo Security for Enterprise Authentication

High level of performance solved our remote worker VPN security issue.

Pros

We use Duo for MFA, Desktop security, VPN security and they all work from an employee's mobile device.

Cons

Sometimes the connection between the user's mobile device and Duo will unlink which requires IT support intervention - frustrating for the end user.

Juliette

Reviewed on 12/08/2021

Review from Student

Good experience overall, and it is not a hassle to use Duo. I have heard very few complaints from other students and colleagues at my university.

Pros

Duo makes it very easy for me to log-on to my student account at my university. I like how it is intuitive to use on iPhone especially, and it gives me the option to call or text my phone. I rarely use the "call" feature, however, because I am always using wifi. The Duo Security app pops up immediately, and I am able to approve the request quickly from my phone. I feel very secure with this software, especially since the pin changes every few seconds.

Cons

I don't always have my phone with me, which makes it impossible to log in. I wish there was a feature where I could receive an email instead of a call or a text on Duo. I have not seen this feature at all, but it would make my life easier.

Reviewed on 15/04/2020

Increase the security of your accounts

I like to app and I recommend it to anyone who wants to increase the security of the accounts.

Pros

It has been three years that I'm using Duo. This is the app that my university has decided to use to increase the security of accounts of faculties and students. I feel secure when I use the app. You can use several options for second authorization. it can send a push message to your mobile, you can enter a passcode, which is great. In addition, it does not take too much time to confirm the authorization.

Cons

I think it is a nice app. But I think if it had some other options to log in, that would be great. I myself prefer receiving a passcode in my email rather than using my cell phone all the time. All in all, I think if they work on the app and improve some sections, it would get better and better.

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 4/05/2021

Secure but Time-Sensitive

Pros

I use Duo on a daily basis to login to my company's VPN and again for internal company resources. Once it's setup it's pretty easy to use. I appreciate that it syncs with my phone so I can just click a button on my phone to ensure it is me.

Cons

I have to login to Duo twice a day and I usually do it at the same time. If I do them too closely together, one of them will say it timed out and I have to start the process all over. If I close all of my internet windows, I have to re-certify everything again so that can be annoying. Also, I purchased a new cell phone after several months of using Duo. It did not recognize my new phone and kept sending my codes to my old phone. It was a frustrating process to reconfigure everything to log on for work. On top of that, I don't love that I have to use my personal device to log on to my work device. It's another app that takes up space on my personal phone.

Gabriel

Reviewed on 22/05/2023

Duo Review

Overall Dou mobile does a great job at storing access codes and having easy access to them.

Pros

The product is very simple and easy to use. After the one-time setup to any 2fa-enabled website or application, you only copy the access code and you're in. The implementation with Canvas, which Oregon State University requires, is seamless. After inserting the university's login information, a notification is sent to the device of preference. You only have to click a button and you're in. This one-click access is dependent to applications that support it, otherwise a copied code is required.

Cons

For mobile application: The only concern is the application doe not have the ability to enable lock, such as FaceID or fingerprint. Therefore, other individuals could access those codes if the phone is unlocked.

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Duo Security will make your account secure

I started using Duo Security since 2017 when I started working as graduate assistant. The app had allowed me to make sure that my account at my job is secure and no one can easily access to my account without an approval on my phone. If you are using this app, you don't have to call or text your number to access to your account. You just press the push button and approve it from your phone and access to your account.

Pros

The app is very functional and easy to use. It makes the users to secure their accounts and make sure that no one can easily login to their account.

Cons

You should make sure that your phone has sufficient battery. If your phone battery dies, you might not be able to access your account on your computer. The slight side effect of using this app is that you just have to have an open phone.

Jane

Reviewed on 14/10/2016

Best thing I ever did for securing my website

Ever since I've started using DuoSecurity to access my website admin interface, I haven't had any breaches in security and I feel safer knowing that hackers can't access my website easily.

I've been using DuoSecurity for several years now and offer it as part of my Security Packages when I launch a client's website, because it's a quick setup and for ease of mind.

I use an app on my iPhone that sends me a notification when I go to log in to my site, allowing me to "Approve" or "Disapprove" access to the site's admin interface easily. I also use it to access other accounts online that allow for a Code to be entered, giving me that piece of mind that my personal information is secure.

Highly recommended!

Pros

Security Features, Ease of Use, Apps

Cons

Their website is not easy to use because there are so many features available, which might be overwhelming to someone not familiar with it

Reviewed on 15/01/2019

1-click for Two-Factor Authentification

Pros

I have been an end user of Duo Security for the last 2 years, and I think that this is the best software for 2-factor authentification. The Duo App has a simply designed platform. When we sign into the website that requires authentification, we can just type a passcode provided by Duo App on the website or click an authentification request given by Duo App. Yes, it is that easy with Duo.

Cons

Setting up the Duo from the scratch can be challenging to some people who are not familiar with two-factor authentification. It is important for organizations or companies to provide a step-by-step installation procedure to users before they start using Duo as their sole authentification method.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Good

Pros

I use Duo Security as a part of dual verification sign-in process for university. The phone app was initially difficult to set up and I actually gave up at one point, but once it was on my phone it has been no issues. (I've actually installed and verified a few phones and it always a hassle..) The three options for verifying identify is convenient - call, message, or notification. I generally use notification, but have used call when I had poor cell service. The notification is handy because I do not have to unlock my phone and the notification disappears after you approve the log-in. The time out feature is meant to keep your account secure but can be an issue if you don't have your phone close by/ don't approve in time.

Cons

Selecting "Stay logged in for 7 days" only works sometimes for some reason.

Tara

Reviewed on 15/02/2022

Duo Security is secure and reliable.

The overall experience with Duo Security has been positive and has given us the ability to trust that our data and computers are protected at all times.

Pros

Working within a university with highly sensitive data, it is very important that all of our documents and software is protected from outside entities. Duo Security allows for a 2-factor sign-in that protects your personal computer and access to software platforms. With 2 methods of confirming identity, it helps to filter out most fraud attempts and allows us to feel secure with the sensitive data that we manage daily.

Cons

I have not experienced any negative features with this software.

Reviewed on 6/02/2019

Easy to use MF authentication

I have used Duo Authentication at two institutions now as a two-factor authentication means. It is very easy to use and even less tech-savvy coworkers find it easy and straight forward to use.

Pros

Once Duo is set up, it's super easy to use, whether responding to a push notification or generating a one-time use password.

Cons

When attempting to change preferences in a browser to allow it to retain your login status, you must cancel an initial automatic push from the authentication screen in a browser, check a "remember me" box, then wait some time before attempting another push. This is a security measure, but a minor annoyance when trying to quickly make a change and move on.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 25/04/2021

An Extra Layer of Security

Overall, it's been a great experience. We implemented it so that we could have unified MFA over multiple platforms--VMware and M365, for example. It also gives users who don't want to use an app on their phone the option of using a hardware key. Setup and integration isn't too rough and the support is excellent.

Pros

Being able to manage multi-factor authentication from a single point is the biggest benefit to this software. When you have disparate systems, all offering their own implementation of MFA, management becomes an issue. Duo solves that issue.

Cons

The administration interface takes a while to get used to. If you stay away from it for a while (when no one has any issues with it) it takes a bit to re-orient yourself.