POS Nation for Retail Reviews

About POS Nation for Retail

POS Nation is built to support retailers, including specialty businesses such as convenience stores, liquor, wine and beer stores, tobacco and vape shops, lawn and garden centers, and hardware stores. The software comes with...

4.7

Browse POS Nation for Retail Reviews

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

POS

We use this for detail business reporting also it has all features

Pros

It has a great detail reports also it is very User friendly

Cons

It has two sale rate reports and point of sale system

Response from POS Nation

Thank you for your kind words, and for taking the time to share your feedback of our company! We greatly appreciate you and your business.

Replied 29/10/2020
VIVIAN
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

sPORTING GOODS

Love it

Pros

The point of sale is easy to use. Reports are great..

Cons

It kicks you out often but you can get rite back in. The inventory is complicated way to many steps

Response from POS Nation

Vivian,

Reviews like this really make our team proud. We are happy to hear that the reports are great for your business. Thank you so much for your kind words, and for being a valued POS Nation customer!

Replied 29/12/2020
Mandeep

Reviewed on 8/06/2021

Terrible team, horrific software and non-reliable hardware!

Pros

Great liars and getting customers onboard.

Cons

Terrible team, horrific software and non-reliable hardware! The system was sold on a lie. The features discussed during phone calls and via email did not match the actual system. They tried blaming the initial issues on the credit processing company but later learned that their software was not compatible when accepting EBT cash. Then the software upgrade (May 29, 2021) began showing the same error and froze both of my POS systems on numerous occasions. Instead of resolving the issue brought on by their upgrade, they asked me sign up for monthly service or pay $239 dollars.

Their keyboard has a mind of it’s on. At times the CAP lock is activated or the number lock. Their scanners are worthless. I'm being charged $200+ dollars for a wireless scanner that is available on Amazon for $100 dollars. Scanner reviews on Amazon clearly show that no one invested any time conducting a thorough research.

Lastly, it’s missing the automated decimal point and the change due does not disappear automatically when initiating a new transaction.

Instead of helping resolve their software/hardware issues I received an email from Will that they are cancelling my software service.

I emailed my concerns to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], but yet to receive any response.

Do you want to start your day asking yourself if your POS system is going to work or not?

Top POS Nation for Retail Alternatives

Square Virtual Terminal

Square Point of Sale

Joseph
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 9/04/2024

POS Setup.

Pros

Customer service is always great. [sensitive content hidden] was friendly and knowledgeable and quickly got us setup on a new workstation.

Cons

No complaints about POS Nation for Retail.

Heather
  • Industry: Tobacco

Reviewed on 21/11/2020

CRE

The version I have is Cash Register express. I have been happy overall. The transition has been relatively seemless.

Pros

Once the system is set up it is easy to use and the reporting features are very useful.

Cons

The limited ability and cost to communicate with accounting software like Quickbooks online.

Lightspeed Retail

Reasons for Choosing POS Nation for Retail

More reporting features, inventory management, price point

Clover

Reasons for Switching to POS Nation for Retail

Mainly the pricepoint and the value for the price.

Response from POS Nation

Heather,

Replied 4/12/2020
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 27/12/2019

I could not have asked for a better system and company!

My overall experience with POS nation is probably one of the best experiences I’ve had with another company. From day 1 everyone that I have spoke with at that company has done nothing but go above and beyond to help in any way they possibly can with anything that I needed. Their customer service skills were amazing. And that’s very hard to find these days. Every employee that I spoke with was not only extremely nice and amazing and helped with anything that i needed but you could tell that they all worked for a great company and took great pride in the company that they worked for. Which is also very rare these days. I have nothing but amazing compliments for this company! From the bottom to the top! I’m so impressed with

Pros

What I liked most about this software was pretty much everything. From the price, the free installation, the iCloud monthly service, the 24/7 help line, and the overall easiness of the system. Everything was customized for the products we sell. If there wasn’t a barcode, you could easily make your own button for the product. The ID option is amazing, it helps the employees on checking IDs for the sale of beer and cigarettes. The time clock for clocking in and out is very helpful as well. Along with the end of day report and all the statistics that it helps break down.

Cons

Your system is amazing and truly the only con I could actually think about would be to have a bigger font option on the screen or bigger square options on the main screen.

Response from POS Nation

Thank you for your in-depth review, Jennifer! We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Tech Support

CAP POS is great to use but I notice they are few little things as end user myself, we need tech support to help us get though some of glitch & add-on products to the POS sooner & less wait time.
I am always please & special thanks to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] , he have always help solve all issue I encounter in just one call, his knowledge of this software is second to none.

Pros

We have been using Cap software for many years & I found it's easy to use, it have many options available that business manager would love to explore it for their business. I hope CAP will post more video in how to explore all the great feature in it.

Cons

I can't find much of what I like least about this software but I do hope the wait time for tech support is shorter, retail business POS can't be down for too long customers have least patient when system have a glitch and tech support can't be reach right away.

Response from POS Nation

Paul,

Thank you for your feedback regarding both the software and our technical support team. We want to ensure that we are decreasing our wait time and you are receiving the help you need in a timely manner. Please give our customer success team at call if you find that the wait time has become too extensive. You can reach us at 877-727-3548 Option 2. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to working with you in the future!

Replied 18/12/2020
Diana

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

CAP is perfect for managing a retail shop with lots of product and customers

For us, the inventory control is the most valuable. We have a bead shop with hundreds of small items that would be impossible to manage without CAP. We know what's selling, who is buying and when to reorder or put on sale to move out. We know what our overall financial position is constantly.

Pros

Back office is incredible - so nice to have access to everything that we do from purchasing, receiving, tagging, selling, reordering, customer history, discounts, special sales - I could go on forever. I can't imagine what more could be needed.

Cons

We started using CAP when we first set up our business over 20 years ago and have enjoyed the upgrades over the years. Now with the incredible support we are getting today it is wonderful. The program is sophisticated and with so many options it is so much easier to utilize more features with the new support available. I wish we had access to that years ago. I spent a lot of time with trial and error trying to utilize different features but now I can just pick up the phone and within a very short period of time, I've got my questions answered or problems solved!

Response from POS Nation

Diana,

POS Nation is lucky to have such great customers, like yourself. We cannot thank you enough for sharing your positive experience with our company! We are so happy to hear that you love the Back Office feature and the upgrades over the years. We are excited to continue working with you throughout the years to come!

Replied 16/12/2020
Justin
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

Amazing Product!!

This system and the staff have been extremely beneficial to our business, here in Canada. They helped through the purchasing, setting up, and operation of the system without rushing me and only stopping after I was satisfied. Before POS Nation, we were using an old analog cash register that only had new items and used items as categories (the only new items we carry are mattresses), leaving no information as to what we sell in what quantities or values. Now, we can see how many of what we sell and when. This is very important to us and will be a very good aid for as to what donations we will be seeking more or less of.

Pros

The system's best feature is its customizability. Being a used furniture store that also deals with antiques, appliances, collectibles, tools, and pretty much everything except for clothing, we needed a system that we could adjust on the go since our inventory is always changing. We've been using this system for about 3 months now and even today, I'm still making adjustments multiple times a week. My volunteers caught on to its use very quickly, even considering the changes that I keep making to it.

Cons

The two things that I don't like is the inability to remove payment options buttons, such as EBT or Gift Card, as we don't use those methods and I would like to have a 3rd column of TS Lookup. The first on the left brings up the three on the right. I wish it could do sub-categories. For example, if we sell a mattress I'd like another row to pop up and ask if it's new or used and the third to then ask which size, material, etc.

Response from POS Nation

We appreciate your feedback, Justin. Thanks for being a POS Nation customer!

Replied 23/02/2020
Eva

Reviewed on 6/10/2021

Intuitive, comprehensive, easy to learn, with a great team behind the product to offer help!

5 stars from day one!

Pros

The whole system rocks. It’s easy to learn, the features are exactly what I need - I don’t think there is a single feature I would add. Checking customers out is easy, credit card processing is seamless, and the features, like the hot keys, discounts, and ability to examine the data and make decisions based on real time information is key to my profitability.

Cons

The only thing that I would alter is the search feature when looking up an item - the “search” button is above the entry field - when intuitively - most people go to their right where the return button normally is - it’s a small thing - but annoying when you’re in a hurry. When programming the hot “add” button - which intuitively you’d think would add a hot key - adds a “set” - you have to use the “change” button to add a hot key to a “set” - that is also a bit weird and not as easy to grasp when you’re starting out. It’s not a deal breaker in any way shape or form - as the hot keys themselves are an awesome feature - it’s just two little things that I find a bit annoying.

Response from POS Nation

Reviews like this really make our team proud. Thank you so much for your kind words, and for being a valued POS Nation customer!

Replied 22/10/2021
Karen
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 23/03/2019

My first POS

For the most part, the service has been good. I accidentally ended up talking to someone on the east coast when I first began investigating the possibility of making this POS purchase, which is a challenge when I am trying to talk to someone on the west coast where I'm located. Anything that I need must be shipped from across the country instead of up the coast.

But the people are friendly and helpful. Even if they insist I watch the videos in order to learn more about the operation of the system. That would be much easier if I actually had speakers on my machine or a place to hook them up, but I do not. Watching the videos on my home computer do not help, as I cannot practice what I just learned.

Would I buy this again, knowing what I know now? Probably, although I think I'd do a little more research and ask a lot more questions first.

Pros

I purchased this POS machine and software in order to streamline our monthly sales and inventory. For the most part, it has met those needs satisfactorily. I like that I can look up sales info for specific days and track inventory during both the busy season and the shoulder season. Being able to spot trends is paramount to achieving success in any business, and that's one of the main reasons I wanted to use this software. Tracking expenses and profit/loss is also something I'm looking forward to doing with ease once I figure it out.

Also, having an machine that links up to our online store and keeps inventory current is a major plus.

Cons

Oooh, this is gonna be a long list.
It is not exactly user friendly or intuitive. Entering inventory is a pain in the neck. You must go through two separate screens in order to complete all the information on each item! I would much rather have a long list of things to complete on one screen than have to close out Style Matrix, go into Inventory Maintenance, find the item, fill in the missing details (part number, description for the price tags, web description, etc.) then print out the price tags (which is on yet another screen!)

Also, there have been updates to the software that make some interesting changes, including having items go missing from the database and when I'm trying to ring up a customer and the machine insists that the item is NOT in inventory and would I like to add it now (even though I JUST scanned a barcode printed out by my machine) is super frustrating. Sometimes I just need to scan it for a third time before it recognizes the code and the purchase can continue.

Also, the TS lookup is a hassle, as there is no way to tell if you're choosing the correct color or size in a style matrix situation.

Also, when you get your online store together, the categories and departments are the opposite of what they are in the POS, which is horribly confusing, and you cannot easily change categories or departments. Don't even think about deleting one of them, because that is one button click from disaster. It gets ugly.

Response from POS Nation

We appreciate the feedback, Karen!

Replied 12/09/2019

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

My business backbone

Overall good experience. I depend on it as if it were one of my best employees.

Pros

This is the only POS I have ever used. It is the first and only one this family business has ever used. The point of sale works well as we have a large inventory for a small business. I have trained six different people to use it and have done well. The ability to generate reports related to sales for tax purposes and managing inventory as well as managing A/R is wonderful.

Cons

We have had some anomalies over the years that can not be explained. We have several accounts for individuals that generate a repeating sale each time I do monthly statements. I will name them ghost acct and discard them each month. Occasionally this will happen with an inventory item. The amount in stock seems to change by itself

Response from POS Nation

Michael,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our POS System. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We are happy to hear that six different individuals were easily trained on the system and also that our reporting functions are just what you need. We greatly appreciate your business.

Replied 29/12/2020
Cynthia

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

POS Nation tops the list

POS Nation offers great service. From the Rep in sales to the tech guys. They have always been polite, and quick with service. My only real complaint is that when I have an urgent call because a customer is waiting, I can never get through to someone right away. It can take some time for someone to get back with me. But when they do, it is usually handled.

Pros

I like POS Nation. The Cash Register Express software is pretty good but it needs more flexibility. Need easier flexibility to run comparison reports for year to year comparisons, comparing products, etc.

Cons

Cash Register Express needs more flexibility with all reports. Also we are a small business. Should have the ability to turn off requirements to enter passwords to do end of day and do backups.

Margaret Jane

Reviewed on 26/08/2021

Manager

I love it..

Pros

I like that it is very organized, and easy to make reports, if no one else is logging in from another location .
I know yor employee was right letting me know all has access to my store.
I have had numerous problems,but i think its because our company has several locations in which all have access to my location which has been very disturbing.
I appreciate all that you guys have done for me and I am hoping my boss gets employee numbers to keep this from happening again..

Thank you so much for helping me today..

Best,

Jane Brady

Cons

I like it all Basically..
I think its awesome..

Replied 22/10/2021
Brian

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

One of the best

Been using CAP for over 14 years

Pros

Very easy to use and train on. Well thought out and designed.

Cons

Having the ability to save credit cards encrypted on file was a nice feature in the other POS system we had

Response from POS Nation

Brian,

Replied 22/12/2020
Kendall

Reviewed on 23/12/2020

Hospital Gift Shop Use

Pros

Very easy to use. I most enjoy the ability to set up hot keys for the items that we sell the most.

Cons

Would like to see a functionality to be able to take credit card payments over the phone for credit card purchases.

Response from POS Nation

Kendall,

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system so far. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please reach out to our technical support team at 704-405-5089 to discuss option for taking credit card payments via phone. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

Replied 16/02/2021
Payal

Reviewed on 19/10/2020

CAP Software is good.

Overall, great product.

Pros

Cap software easy to manage and operate.

Cons

Support during weekdays and during weekend ( Saturday) has lots of challenges. It’s hard to reach the support time.

Response from POS Nation

Hello Payal,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your honest review! We are very happy to hear that you like the CAP software! We also appreciate your honest feedback on our technical support, which we will use to continue improving our processes. If you have any questions for us, please feel free to email us at [email protected].

Replied 22/10/2020
Rob

Reviewed on 13/07/2022

Support and ease of use top notch

Smooth. Wonderful.

Pros

The tech support is top notch; knowledgeable, available, and friendly. Integrating to this system from our old POS was smooth. I can’t speak highly enough of my experience with POS Nation. I can also say with confidence that using POS Nation has given me better data to help my business thrive.

Cons

We have had our system up for over two months and every hiccup along the way has been smoothed out through experience or tech assistance. As with any new software, getting used to it takes a minute. The clock in/clock out feature is very easy for my employees to forget, so we do not use this feature.

Lucky

Reviewed on 16/03/2019

Amazing support and equipment

Overall satisfied with my purchase and service. Wish they would provide free upgrades when requested.

Pros

They have multiple of options available including equipment to software to match your business needs. Very compatible with current equipment so it wasn’t hard to switch over.

Cons

At times the system will get slow, will call support however they require a level 2 support to assist. They are available during the weekday however not weekend. In addition, you will have to call to get your system updated and only if there is problems.

Yaret

Reviewed on 15/03/2019

Reliable system!

I like the tech support, always available when we need them.

Pros

simple to use, user friendly and easy to train new employees

Cons

I can't put large pictures on the boxes, Wish it would have a full pictures and text on top of the picture.
Online report printing is not available. I can't print daily sales report from my home office.

Andrea
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 22/12/2018

Post systems review

Overall it's a perfect product! It got the job done in an easy and effective manner. Highly, highly recommend!

Pros

I love this software!!! The best pos system I've ever used. It's so easy to process orders and manage sales.

Cons

I did not have any issues using this product. It was perfect for my business

Kim
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

My Review

The CAP support team are excellent. They are very knowledgeable and willing to assist with every problem that arises.

Pros

I have only been using the POS systems daily for the past 3 1/2 months. Prior to this I used is occasionally when I filled in for a co-worker. I find the Hot Keys to be very beneficial. Also, most of the reports are pretty easy to generate and understand.

Cons

Still learning all the features of the software.

Response from POS Nation

Kim,

Reviews like this really make our team proud. We are so happy to hear that you have found the Hot Keys feature to be very beneficial for you. Thank you so much for your kind words, and for being a valued POS Nation customer!

Replied 23/11/2020
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 8/01/2020

So helpful

Very good. I've used other softwares and they generally have not held up as well as POS.

Pros

We used this software daily when I was working in restaurants. It made it so easy to log in customers' items, print off receipts, and pay the bills.

Cons

We had issues with it crashing occasionally, but that might have been our own servers and not necessarily the software's fault.

Response from POS Nation

We're happy to hear you're enjoying your system! Thanks for the review.

Jay

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

Great product thus far, Excellent customer service

Wonderful customer service and support, good value for the money.

Pros

Easy to use software, durable design, only had 2 issues with it in the first full year of use, both were resolved by restarting the system which only took 5 minutes.

Cons

I wish the screen would include an Anti-glare feature as it is used in our Garden center and is always exposed to sun.

Response from POS Nation

We're glad you're enjoying your system, Jay! Thanks for the review.

Mitch

Reviewed on 22/06/2017

POS Nation was the best decision I've ever made.

Pros

It helps me run my business! It gives me the information I need to make decisions. I know my best and worst sellers. I know my margins by department. I can run promos to get my customers back in the door.