ADP Workforce Now Reviews

About ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Solution is suited for businesses with more than 50 employees looking to streamline HR processes. ADP Workforce Now includes capabilities such as payroll processing and tax filing, performance management, compensatio...

4.2

Jessica
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 30/08/2020

Simple features

overall a good program and super user friendly. I've had people tell me they enjoy this more then the previous program we used.

Pros

easy to use features, end user friendly, creates easy recruitment, great outsourcing amazing appearance

Cons

customer service is a little lag and needs more features that's all the negative I've got on this one

Choy
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 16/02/2024

ADP user friendly

Awesome! I will definately recommed this to my colleague

Pros

Attendance tracking, Pay check tracking and also the benefits tracking

Cons

Sometimes there’s a down time but very minimal

ash
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 12/02/2024

Great Payroll software

Pros

user experience is great, nice and clean, uncluttered.

Cons

could use some more features like other payroll software.

Top ADP Workforce Now Alternatives

Quickbooks Online

BeyondTrust Remote Support

Oracle PeopleSoft

Karly
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 11/12/2023

ADP Is A Game Changer

I really enjoy using ADP and feel very lucky this is who my company chose to use!

Pros

I think the ease of use and features of ADP are what makes it. Everything you need (Pay roll, time off, attendance, important documents or enrollments, etc.) is all in one easy to use online system.

Cons

At this time, I cannot think of a single thing I dislike about ADP!

Tracey
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 7/02/2024

Payroll with ease

Pros

Its super easy to clock in, view your timecard, view your employees time card, request time off and so much more! One thing I LOVE is if you have an iPhone you can ask Siri to clock you in!

Cons

So far I have had a great experience using ADP so no cons at this time

Liam
Liam

Reviewed on 24/07/2019

A Lot of Buck for Little Bang

To piggyback off the last response, the overall experience was quite poor when it came to the actual resource navigation of the site. As I took this role over managing this system, it became apparent that there was a very limited amount of knowledge as to what information this system even held, let alone how to actually access it.

To take it one step further, these types of scenarios became more difficult as if there was a situation that hadn't been encountered before, only the administrator was able to handle that particular issue on behalf of the employee. Multiple times when employees attempted to handle benefit package errors/changes and were unable to make any effect.

This said, if it were a personal issue, sometimes employees problems would go unresolved in lieu of having to have someone else handle that problem for them through support.

Pros

The software and services that ADP provides are some of the most wide ranging and highly customizable you can find on the market. Being the largest name, they're able to bring in partners quickly and therefore have a good amount of integrations and other employee resources that you won't be offered through smaller providers.

For example, the Life Mart package for employee discount programs is easily one of the most missed pieces of our prior platform (wasn't able to find comparable tool at similar price point).

Cons

The navigation and overabundance of links (that generally lead to the same place) make this software very hard to use. On the home screen alone, there were over 30 different options of where you could go from that screen and not a ton of specificity enough to make you confidence that you're even going to the right place.

Theres a lack of actual substance that bothers me. Outside of creating reporting based on the information within the system, the system itself is more or less a portal that connects all these other insurance and investment platforms. The system itself doesn't really do as much as you'd expect for what you pay for. If you're a massive organization and have daily applications of the reporting the system generates, I'm sure it would change things a bit but for your typical small company, it's a bit too deep of a package for their to be so little customization.

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

At the time, the name carried a good amount of weight. Not having prior experience utilizing a similar system and bringing ADP on at this time, it provided more confidence on our end to know that we were using the tool that the majority of the industry was using.

Reviewed on 7/02/2024

ADP review

Pros

Reporting and portal functionality, ease of use.

Cons

None at this point in time. Implementation was good.

nicole

Reviewed on 22/02/2024

Convenient and Accessible

Pros

As an employee ADP makes it super easy for me to track my pay, deductions and tax documents. I love that it is all paperless and in the 8 years I've used it, I've never had a security issue.

Cons

I have no negatives to report to report for ADP

Jae
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 18/02/2024

Great app!

Pros

Easy to use, and easy to find anything you may be looking for on the app

Cons

Sometimes the app wouldn’t load and I had to reload the app

Reviewed on 5/02/2024

Easy to use, all-in-one.

I've used ADP with two employers. Using the mobile app I was able to clock in without being at the office so I could start my day directly with clients. I can find the information I need quickly and take care of what I need to do with no problems.

Pros

I like that I can do everything from fill out my time sheet to getting information about my benefits all in one place. It makes things very simple.

Cons

I actually don't have any significant criticisms of ADP. Everything works fairly smoothly and seamlessly!

Victoria

Reviewed on 7/01/2020

Has Potential to be Great, Makes Life Easier

Overall, like I said originally, this system does make life easier despite my many gripes. The user experience needs to be improved, and broken features should have a higher urgency to be fixed. I would recommend the product from a cost perspective if you are in the market for a PEO, but be patient. We considered Ultimate Software but the price was daunting. You get what you pay for.

Pros

Despite my less than stellar rating, this software does make life easier. I can't speak for the submitting of payroll aspect of the site (HR Professional myself), but I know that looking up payroll information, and having it available right away, is extremely helpful and organized. Your reps will alert you of any passed legislation that requires your business to take action. The learning platform allows employees in certain states to take classes when required (i.e. prevention of sexual harassment courses that are now required). You can report on essentially anything; there are pre-loaded reports in the system and you have the ability to create any number of custom reports. Making employee information updates , employment related and personal, is relatively easy and painless. Adding a new employee is a breeze, as is processing a termination. With this partnership, handbook builder is free and ordering the 5 in 1 posters is free for federal and all states. We do not use the system for PTO or document management so I cannot speak to that.

Cons

The ADP WFN site is getting better. The My Learning platform is terrible, I should note there have been improvements, but overall this site has a terrible user experience. We've had too many issues to count with employees finishing courses only for progress to be deleted. When writing the support team, sometimes it takes a full month to get resolution. The rehiring process has changed and now, in my opinion, it doesn't make much sense and they don't make it easy. Our business partners/reps are very personable, but requests require multiple follow ups before any resolution is found. There has been a lot of turnaround as well. In one year, we've received 4-5 different reps. The custom report builder is terrible, not user friendly. As a company, we have had many issues that effect our employees (W2 issues, benefits issues) and that does not sit well with anyone. Employees are constantly complaining that the system is terrible. Take that with a grain of salt, we know some people generally like to complain and can never be fully happy, HOWEVER, some claims are definitely founded. If I had to pick my ultimate least favorite thing about the system itself it would be the Compass/Task Manager on the home screen. Our rep has openly admitted that this feature does not work (no ETA on resolution from the IT team there) and we constantly have multiple urgent requests open from i9 required to be filled out to terms with missing documentation, all not true.

UKG Pro

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

Price. We were already on the TotalSource platform on top of that, so the migration wasn't terribly trying.
Cody
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 31/10/2021

ADP WFN Saves Money Without the White Glove Service

Overall despite the high about of struggle it takes to get up and running, ADP WFN is a very solid platform if your company seeks to integrate many functions all within a single platform, and wishes to take a somewhat "hands-off" approach to tasks. Payroll tax is automatically done by ADP, for instance. This platform may not be the most user-friendly, but it works and it's a very powerful tool once learned. Unless your company wants a true "white glove" experience, you can likely not to better for the price than ADP WFN.

Pros

ADP WFN covers all the bases for HR, tax, payroll, applicant tracking, timekeeping, and more. I would not say that ADP is the absolute best-in-class for any individual module, however, as a holistic package it's extremely powerful. The ADP WFN package is very price-competitive compared to other payroll software. The integrated nature of the platform (one stop shop) and longstanding, proven track record is what I would most recommend about ADP.

Cons

There are 2 large cons for ADP, however, these may be present with other platforms too. First is the initial onboarding and setup. I've onboarded ADP at 3 companies over the past decade, and it can be extremely hit or miss - it's entirely dependent on the ADP team you get. The timeline can also be much longer than one may think to start. Secondly, when problems come up, customer service is where things can tend to go awry. Again, it's completely dependent on the person you get. As a bit of advice, if you feel like a bad response was given, call right back and speak to a different person, you might end up with a great resolution.

Irene
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 9/12/2021

ADP Workforce Now - not just for payroll anymore

The need for staff to go to their supervisor to get their PTO balance has been eliminated with the use of the self service portal. the staff feels more empowered to take control of their profiles with any updates they need to make.

Pros

We have changed finance managers 4 times in the last 5 years. For the periods of time that we had no finance manager, I was the person tasked with all things HR and payroll related. Let me tell you, this is outside of my normal workflow but I had to get my people paid. The software is straight forward, click and go, easy to use. Even for those of us that are not payroll or HR professionals. With the COVID hit, there was an added layer of complexity to entering payroll for those out sick. The ADP team did a wonderful job on providing resources and updating those resources often. there is online learning, on demand learning and always a friendly calm voice on the other end of the phone when a would frantically call for help. It's not just the software, it's the people behind it that make it all work smoothly. Tracking PTO is also a HUGE benefit to our employees. the days of " how much time off do I have ? " are long gone. We have encouraged all of our employees to use the self service portal for any changes to their profile thus cutting down on internal paperwork and the need for data entry. It's been a game changer for us.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that I would change about it. The communication via email is amazing and I always know what is going on with my processes.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

ADP fulfilled more of the needs of the business.
Adrian
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

ADP

WFN solves our issues for time and attendance tracking with employees in 30 states. It provides all necessary reporting needed to report on payroll spend.

Pros

Pretty user friendly. Screen layout is easy to follow. Once employees are trained, they usually don't need any follow up.

Cons

Updates and changes are too frequent. Constant change. The Benefits sections is very hard to manage without support from ADP and working through Open Enrollment is very challenging. The Carrier API feeds are very complex.

Paycom

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

System functionality did not meet needs with growth of company.

Paychex Flex

System functionality

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Necessary for some companies, I'll explain

If your company is in that awkward stage situation where you either don't have your own payroll or don't have your in-house payroll software, utilizing something like ADP is necessary. It is useful because ADP allows you to either completely outsource, or partially where you maintain your in-house payroll dept., but use their software. You can even cut your own checks or have ADP do it. They are far more robust in their ability to handle complex payroll issues then competitors that are newer to the game. They also have a lot of cross-platform compatibility with things such as third party HRIS and ATS systems that competitors such as Paychex don't. Most HR software will implement ADP integration first because it is so widely used, and may never even offer integration for other software. ADP is basically essential if your company needs this integration ability. However, as a software, it is horrible. It is hardly intuitive, and while you can become a power user based on experience, much like Photoshop or other outdated software with robust features and following, it is a product of necessity and not design. I've attempted using alternatives such as Paychex, but ADP is so entrenched and if you have any level of complexity in your payroll, there just really isn't an alternative that matches it. While alternatives are easier to use and cheaper, they usually do not have the features and support ADP does. As a side note, ADP literally has service techs on standby 24/7.

Pros

It is feature rich compared to some timekeeping and payroll based software. The level of integration is unsurpassed and your ability to choose how involved ADP is with your outsourcing of payroll is helpful based on the size of your company.

Cons

Much like a lot of the legacy software that has been around forever cornering the market (think Deltek or Photoshop), ADP is horrible archaic software circa 90s that has never evolved. Often, newer payroll/accounting software is far superior aesthetically and based on how intuitive it is to use. That's because they created their software with modern design and programming methods. Programs like ADP have been around forever and feel like it. They create upgrades, but almost as a consequence of their market-share and size, they can only do moderate changes for fear of creating too many implementation problems with all of their clients.

Collin
Collin

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

Leading Payroll Vendor for a Reason

This is a strong tool once the learning curve is overcome. I have used small, medium, and large payroll platforms and ADP is a true "One size fits all" platform and perhaps my vendor of choice. However, for that ideal fit, it will require diligent implementation and an understanding of the platform and it's features.

There are trade-offs: while startup companies such as Zenefits or Namely have a simple user interface and easy to navigate, they also come with system limitations and lack of support compared to the big companies. ADP is the opposite; sometimes quirky and difficult to find what you need, but a truly powerful system with a large support team ready to assist. Choose based on your priorities.

Pros

This is an extremely robust platform with extensive custom functionality. When properly configured and utilized, WorkforceNow can fit practically any business and payroll model, from small businesses to high volume, enterprise-level companies.

Service and Support are best in class and will walk you through anything. Tax filings, notice resolutions, and year-end processes are a breeze.

Solid tools and modules - Benefits, Reporting Suite, Onboarding, Time Tracking (But you'll pay for it).

Cons

ADP is a legacy company with legacy systems. Because they have been around for so long, some features seem to be "stacked" on from prior versions instead of given an entire overhaul. This can lead to an lack of intuitive UI and UX compared to younger systems like Workday.

Implementation team may give you an "out of the box" setup. May require diligent partnership in configuring to your specifications.

Pricing may not be as competitive as other vendors and module implementations can add up.

• Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 6/08/2019

ADP is a great tool for businesses

Really happy overall.

Pros

ADP is a great tool for companies to use for their employees. Not only can you find all the important documents you need in one place, but you also get perks with ADP. Even if you leave a company ADP will still show you your pay stubs and tax info later on. Sometimes businesses add certain qualities to ADP, so be sure to make what you have on the platform clear. I have gotten many great perks and coupon codes from ADP for car rentals, movie tickets and outings.

Cons

Customer service is slow, if non existent. If you have an issue it is guaranteed to take you more then 48 hours to solve.

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

Workday is confusing and more expensive.

Value and ease of use.
Joy
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 8/12/2016

ADP WFN is fantastic!

I've been using ADP WFN for just over a year now and I have to say, ADP has come a long way in a relatively short time. From its inception of online payroll processing under Pay eXpert, WFN is light years ahead of its predecessor. Most things are laid out in a logical fashion and are easy to use. The internal design team must have been laboring over the current incarnation and should be commended. It would be nice if there was a middle ground between Simple and Advanced Reporting and I understand there are improvements coming to the Notification Center. The SmartCompliance site is way easier than "the old days" of faxing in notices. There are still a few things that could be improved (like Annum & Reset Year value availability in Reporting for payroll-based accruals) and there are times when the client can definitely tell that the Client Support team is held to quotas and stats (or, maybe I periodically get a rep that isn't as invested in client success) but perseverance pays off & I can always get to a truly dedicated rep with comprehensive knowledge of systems & processes to help me troubleshoot issues. (ADP should really do more to keep those valued reps because they are the heart and soul of the company. Instead, I understand that there's an informal no-rehire policy in place, maybe to get a fresh perspective into the organization, but really the knowledge and wisdom from those years of service take years to develop. Bring back the former reps and ease up on the phone stat review. Do what's right and best for each caller!) The software, though, again, light years from whence it came. Loving the Employee Documents (the bulk upload process could be streamlined by naming convention protocols that automatically select EE's and apply categories.) Looking forward to seeing the new version of Predictive Analytics. One weak spot is performance review/management (surely ADP can acquire a company & incorporate a smooth process for clients.) Another weak spot is the inability to Deductions in Arrears for Managed By Benefits items. As a growing, dynamic company grown through acquisition, ADP WFN has been an invaluable partner in the process of managing our complexity for our employees.

Pros

Ease of use, logical layout, robust options.

Cons

Still, some client-facing things to be smoothed out.

Response from ADP

Joy - thanks for providing such a detailed and insightful review. As always, reach out if you need anything. [email protected]

Replied 9/12/2016
Brian

Reviewed on 25/04/2020

Follows you wherever you go...

simple/easy/intuitive/persistent/Dedicated --- don't forget it will always be by your side

Pros

Throughout many roles and across varied industry's ADP has been used as a platform to receive pay stubs, obtain tax information and forms, monitor time work and time off, and track pay. All of these features are displayed in an easy to navigate, user-friendly, customizable dashboard that is kind of awesome if you are obsessed with your finances. I love how everything is at your fingertips and how easy all your info is to access. The best part about ADP is that despite being issued new log in credentials with every employer who uses this program (usually the company email I am assigned once hired) all my previous ADP accounts synched with my new job and literally has followed me from place to place. I was concerned that with each new employer and subsequently the new account information, I would have countless user names and passwords spanning my lifetime from each and every job I held. WRONG! This program is great... their app even is better.. and it will always be with you no matter the employer.

Cons

Starting the whole process at times can be difficult. With my most recent employer who used ADP there was a miscommunication between HR and the company resulting in misinformation and bad information regarding sign up to the app/program. An invite code was needed but it seemed no one could get it together enough to get it for us ...needless to say weeks later the entire new hire class got the right code hence access to our paystubs

Reviewed on 25/07/2017

Overall the different components of the system work well together and are easy to use.

The system has easy to track timesheets, both the hours and the supervisor and employee approvals. This is important as a Government Contractor. Having a system that works as smoothly as this makes growing as a company much easier and limits the amount of staff that we have to hire to process the payroll and the HR functions. Having a customer support team for payroll questions and reporting questions helps greatly. I have always found ADP's reporting support staff the most knowledgeable about their department and have always given me great help.

Pros

The reporting system is is easier to use than other systems I have used in the past. Also, I like how the HR functions, employee service items, the payroll system, and the timesheet system flow well together. The reporting system makes it easy to run reports over several companies, for several years, and for active and terminated employees. I've used other popular payroll processors software which limited the reports to only 1 year at a time. I like how easy it is for employees to access their paystubs, access past w-2s, and make changes to some of their information. Having the view available for pay stubs and w-2s has cut down on phone calls. The payroll system is very easy to use. Recent upgrades have placed fields in a better arrangement for viewing several fields of an employee record at the same time. I find the timesheet system mostly easy to use for our employees.

Cons

There are too many, too frequent upgrades. I've experienced reports losing formatting during the upgrade and have to repair them or reach out to ADP to repair them. Also, there have been several periods of downtime hours this year where the system has crashed and almost all of these are following an upgrade. The security portion of the system can be a bit tricky and not very user friendly, although, some improvements have been made in recent upgrades. Also, the phone app for the timesheet system is a bit lacking in functionality, although, this too has seen some recent upgrades.

Sally

Reviewed on 25/02/2021

ADP Workforce Now is so-so for a small business

Overall WFN is a pretty complex product, with features that most likely are impactful and necessary for larger companies. However, as a small business user, it seems cumbersome in some instances.

But by far my biggest issue using this product is with the ADP Support. I have no dedicated support representative; I'm pretty sure every person working for their support is located in another country, and it generally takes me between one and 8 hours overall to get any type of problem fixed. That is not an exaggeration. And I know to expect that almost every time, the call will get disconnected and I may or may not hear back from that representative. Being 100% unable to rely on their product support to fix our issues can be a huge problem when the error involves payroll which is under a deadline!

Pros

The interface on the employee profile pages is pretty good. It's like a dashboard for each type of information for each employee (pay profile, employment profile, personal profile, etc.).

Cons

The reporting functionality leaves much to be desired from the user's perspective. I find it very difficult to locate a canned report containing the information I need, and the custom reporting can be difficult to use.

We also use this product for PTO tracking, and the users find it difficult to figure out how to see all the details and manage their time off. I am constantly having to explain to them how to use it, when this feature should really be self-explanatory. In addition, administrators are unable to pull or print a calendar showing time off for all employees in a given time period. This seems like information that's crucial from a business perspective, but apparently if we don't pay for the Time & Attendance module, we do not get the full functionality of the PTO system. Disappointing, to say the least.

Another big disappointment is figuring out how to use this product to distribute and track company policies that require signatures, print a report with the results, etc. I'm not sure it works at all....I have been unable to figure it out, and therefore gave up on that.

Wil

Reviewed on 28/08/2023

Never in my wildest dreams

Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined the nightmare of working with this ‘company’. It’s like wrangling together children in the playground. The complete unprofessionalism that I have gotten by ADP workforce on the go. I Have requested year end documentation so I can continue my payroll with my new provider… it’s been over 6 bi-weekly payroll cycles and I’ve yet to receive them. I have a signed document from them CLOSING OUR ACCOUNT DATED BACK IN JULY, it’s now almost September and they were charging me. I’ve now had to take them to collection through my bank and lock them out of my account so no further withdrawals can happen. Can’t wait to wake up from this nightmare and spread the word that this so called company is just the absolute worst and I will make it a part time job to make sure I tell EVERYONE I can and the all the small businesses circles I run in… DO NOT USE ADP!!!

Virginia
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 23/10/2020

ADP Workforce Now Pros and Cons

ADP Workforce Now has been a great learning experience. I love how easy it is to reset users log in information from the administration side and how ADP recognizes users based off personal information. This comes in handy when needing to pull historical payroll data.

Pros

ADP is very easy to use and I love how they have a built in training platform that can train you as you use the system. There are little information bubbles that you can hover over that will give you insights to the features and updates as they are release. ADP is expanding who they will integrate with which is wonderful because you can have several other systems integrated to the payroll system which makes for seamless processes. I really enjoy using ADP Workforce Now, it's very easy to use, pull reports, and run payroll. The system is very intelligent and won't allow you to hire individuals with the same personal information, which is very important for auditing purposes. Overall, great system to use.

Cons

The three cons I have about ADP Workforce Now is the reporting is difficult to use if you don't know what exactly you need when pulling data. The support team is very slow and sometimes too busy to prioritize your issues if you're a smaller organization vs. a larger organization. The last con is that the system is not customizable, so if you need a form or process customized to fit your company's needs, I would suggest a different system that is more customizable.

BambooHR

Cost and ease of use

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

Intuitive for users of all types

As a leader of a team, I am responsible for approving time cards, PTO requests, time adjustments, etc. and have found that ADP WorkforceNow is an intuitive software that anyone can learn very quickly. The menu is thorough but simple, and functions are placed in a logical workflow. I would highly recommend ADP WorkforceNow as a timekeeping/payroll software due to the easy-to-use software.

Pros

Intuitive web-based software that I have found easy to use across users of all types. As a manager that approves time cards on a regular basis, I found that it's easy to find what you're looking for. For example, if you want to adjust a time card, simply click on the employee's time card, and go to the appropriate day that you want to adjust the time, and click "add row," "delete row,", etc. OR simply adjust the time as needed in each box - it's as simple as that. I also liked the calendar-based PTO request form - simply click on the date(s) that you want to schedule for PTO, Jury Duty, etc. and it will mostly populate the request form with the date(s) you selected. There's also a variety of reports you can run in which you can select your criteria so provide the right report you need.

Cons

One con is when you are "acting on behalf" of someone else, the menu looks a little different than your normal dashboard screen, but it's nothing major and you quickly get used to the functions. Also, it can be a little tricky to find out each team members time off scheduled as you have to dig into the menu a little deeper. But as you use the software more, you quickly become accustomed to where to go.

Andrea

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

Offers associates access to payroll from anywhere

WorkforceNow allows our associates to have access to their payroll information electronically so that they don't have to save their paper paystubs and then try to find them when they need them.

Pros

I like the fact that our associates have access to their payroll information from anywhere and it's immediate access once the "process" button is pressed.

Cons

There are not enough generic reports for Admins to run. It's also sometimes difficult to find some of the yearly information that we need to give to our Leadership or Associates.

Paylocity

FOUNDATION

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

More features at the time