About Kickserv

Kickserv is a cloud-based field service management solution that provides small businesses, tools and functionalities, which help them to manage leads, estimates, team's schedules, jobs, invoices and payments. Kickserv can be...

Browse Kickserv Reviews

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 2/10/2018

Kickserv Review

The software is easy to customize, makes training new employees much easier, and running reports is simple. The customer support team always makes us aware of any changes or down times, and is always responsive to any inquiries or issues we may have.

Pros

The interface is extremely easy to use, and maneuver through. It is also very simple to create your own custom fields, reports, and track data.

Cons

There is no way to track inventory, and modifying customized work orders can sometimes be a nuisance.

Response from Kickserv

Hello James,
Thank you very much for your time and the review. Your viewpoints were insightful. We are happy to hear how easy it is for new users to learn the flow of Kickserv and get started.
We certainly do have inventory on our roadmap of feature requests. It remains a feature that our Quickbooks and Xero integrations do very well.
We should discuss how we can enhance the customization of templates such as work orders with each other. I'll reach out to you directly.
Thank you again for your review.

Replied 5/10/2018
Emily B. Emily B.

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

So easy to go paperless

Before Kickserv, we were still using paper invoices. We really wanted to go paperless and this really helped! We also didn't have to tell customers that they needed to call the office to pay with a card. Sometimes they were stuck waiting until I was available to process it for them since it is a small family company

Pros

It was great that our HVAC techs plumbers were able to fill out an invoice right at the job and the customer could immediately pay it! The GPS Feature is also great. It helped us to know where our techs were and if they were still running on schedule so we could call customers if we needed to.

Cons

I found it very easy to use, but some of our less tech savvy techs struggled. The biggest issue we had was when an invoice was done incorrectly and the customer already paid it. Most of the time the customers were pretty understanding, though.

Response from Kickserv

Hello Emily,

We really appreciate your time and the feedback you provided, especially about how great our Live GPS Tracking feature is. We thrive on good feedback & good reviews so thank you.

Replied 5/12/2019
Goeppert J. Goeppert J.

Reviewed on 18/01/2018

Kickserv has alot of potential that our company was not using, support is amazing, just ask!!!

Pros

Very easy to use, many reports available based on data we enter into system. The custom reports are awesome, you can build any that are needed. For a small company, 3 years old that I just started working for 1 year ago, they needed the push to use it to its capacity and we are now getting information out of it that is very valuable for growth.

Response from Kickserv

Hello Jo-Ann,
thank you for the review. What could we do to get the extra stars?

Replied 24/04/2018

Top Kickserv Alternatives

Jeff Q. Jeff Q.

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

Fits our company's needs and overall easy to use.

Pros

It is overall easy to customize to fit our needs. There are many features we use and I'm sure many more we don't. Allowing other employees to view, create notes and have user access is very helpful for our business. Also, the search option is great. When forgetting what address is associated with what customer, the search option is a helpful go-to when looking for a random piece of information.

Cons

I wish it was easier to navigate online "help topics". While the customer service on the phone is great, it would be nice to access online articles. I haven't found them especially helpful. Also, when clicking on a customer and then accessing the jobs in their profile, it has been very frustrating seeing old jobs come up first. I don't want to see 2014 jobs, I'd rather see the ones I'm currently on, being 2018. Making the option to choose a date view and then having KickServ remember my last selection would be very helpful.
In-Progress (for jobs) tab is really confusing. We only use Scheduled or Completed. We have one job in In-Progress (not sure how it got there) and don't know how to move it to Scheduled. This is very confusing and frustrating as we don't use this feature and don't know how to get rid of it. Please get rid of In-Progress or make the option to not use, more accessible.

Kyle T. Kyle T.

Reviewed on 22/03/2016

Excellent, agile field management software

We've used Kickserv for about a year now, and are pleased with our experience. We run moving and relocation company, and have a lot of part-time workers. Our business model requires a lot from the software, and we've had to get creative to make some features fit for us, but all in all we've not found a better solution for a better price.

Some of the aspects that we appreciate include:

- Resource view - allows you to see all of your workers at a glance. This is our most crucial page, and it does what it needs to very, very well.
- API interaction allows us to push/pull information from management dashboards that are integrated with other business intelligence data streams.
- Everything is right at your fingertips - easily access jobs, estimates, customers, reports, marketing via the left-hand column. Need to search through it all? You can do that too. Very fast and easy to navigate.
- Full functionality on any device! I can manage my teams from even my phone's browser, anywhere. I can be on a call, processing a credit card, and logging charges and time-tracking all at once - on my mobile device, no less.
-Very customizeable. Change your marketing, your invoices, your estimates, your emails, user permissions, job fields, etc. etc. etc.
- Help is right there in the bottom corner of the screen, with an estimate of when someone will get back to you. I can't say enough about how professional everyone I've spoken with has been, and how personal the customer service is.

Some things we hope will continue to improve:

- The mobile app in our experience has not been as good as the web page - but you can just use the web version.
- Your workflow experience differs depending on where you start to enter your data, which is slightly confusing. Still, the process is flexible enough to allow you to schedule jobs however you prefer.
- It would be great if Kickserv had a JIRA-type bug tracker that allowed us to submit tickets and see their status, as well as provide attachments, updates and feedback.
- Interaction with third-party software, like Quickbooks or Google Calendar, could be improved.

With stellar customer service, and an ever growing feature list, give Kickserv a shot. Overall, its been a solid choice for managing teams in the field, with plenty of flexibility - even for us.

Gerald D. Gerald D.

Reviewed on 28/06/2017

This software is powerful and keeps me organized.

This software helps my business stay very well organized. My last business I used just an accounting program and had to hire 2 office personnel to run the back end of my business. With this program, I can do my back end with the help of my bookkeeper. I authorized my bookkeeper as admin personnel and from his office he keeps me organized with my quarterly's and end year.

Pros

I love that you can do many things with this software, but my favorite is that it keeps in contact with my customer sending out emails the day before I arrive and again on the day of my appointment. Amazing, it has cut down the to almost 0 of customers missing our appointment.

Cons

The thing that I do not like is when using from a smart phone in the field, you open the program and a number tasks close down the program and restarts. It never lets you use these tasks. Wish they would fix it so the phone can access the program. Love it if I could email their invoice from smart phone.

Jesus D. Jesus D.

An honest review

I would like to see you all bring back the feature that allows you to drop an attachment anywhere on the page and to make PDF files open up as a preview instead of taking you to a whole new page.

Pros

The software is overall very easy to use but ONLY once you already know how to work with it all.

Cons

I have been the one thats been having to monitor and train multiple people on the ins and outs of the software and it is a bit of a hassle for them to grasp all the concepts of it,

Response from Kickserv

Hi Jesus,
Your company has been a very loyal customer for close to 10 years now! Thank you. We appreciate you taking the time to write up a kind review. Your feedback was insightful. As a result, be on the lookout for new Kickserv training videos which will help with assimilating new employees within the platform.

Replied 1/07/2019
Francisco A. Francisco A.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Very good service

Well is very important to learn how to use it. In the very beginning I was not familiar whit the software because Im almost 50 years old and I dont know much about technology but little by little Im learning every day a different way to used .And Im happy whit it

Pros

I can see all my jobs and days at any time any day 365 day of the year I love it... just some times when don't have internet access to the software is not convenient but its ok. Is very rare this thing happens. Im very glad to have this tool

Cons

Nothing its very efficient., some times my office make changes at the very last moments but it's not your fault. I dont know who to used all the tools but I will learn how to used soon. Some times I ask my co workers and they teach me how to do it but to be honest I have no time to learn.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you so much for your kind words, Francisco. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Replied 8/08/2019
Shawn H. Shawn H.

Reviewed on 16/02/2017

5 year user of Service Sidekick now KickServ

Service Sidekick was a great product, they now forced all of their customers to Kickserv. They did the changeover at 10am on a weekday when it was scheduled for 10pm. We were down all day and received no apology. The changeover broke several systems. It no longer syncs to quickbooks correctly. When a task is made for someone it no longer tells people who made it and the Kickserv team is basically AFK.

Pros

I like how easy it used to be to use. If I had to buy the new kickserv I would run away screaming

Cons

Terrible interface. Terrible tech support. Very slow. Incredibly convoluted. First you make a job with charges, then you have to "generate an Invoice" from that job, then you can enter a payment, then after entering that you can mark it paid, then after doing all of that you can mark the job complete. What a nightmare.

Customers are syncing to the wrong customers in Quickbooks, which has caused an accounting nightmare.

Response from Kickserv

As you mentioned, the upgrade process did not go as planned. Your upgrade was completed later than expected, due to an unforeseen issue with another account's upgrade. We're truly sorry this happened.

After the upgrade, we discovered that you had recently changed your QuickBooks sales tax codes, which inadvertently left 97 of your 4997 customers without a proper sales tax code. We reset your sales tax code for those 97 records so that your taxes calculated properly.

We worked with you extensively over phone and screen share until we resolved these and other issues to your satisfaction.

It sounds like there are some things you don't like about the new interface. We would love to hear more about your concerns and also invite you to a free training session where we can discuss the changes in detail.

Replied 23/02/2017
James B. James B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 8/07/2019

Kickserv

Everything has been positive, other than our own desires for additional features (namely inventory). The support team is always very responsive, and is constantly working to improve our experience.

Pros

Ease of use makes day-to-day operations a breeze.

Cons

There is not a feasible way to manage inventory (at least not yet).

Response from Kickserv

Thank you so much for your kind words, James. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Mike L. Mike L.

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

What did we do without Kickserv?

I feel like we're constantly finding more and more uses for Kickserv! We originally used it strictly as a tool for invoicing, but over this past year we've started using it for work routing, expense tracking, and productivity tracking. We've eliminated or are close to eliminating the need for other software because Kickserv is so flexible.

Pros

Versatility
SO easy to use
Quickbooks integration

Cons

I wish the reporting functionality was more customizable. I'd specifically like better reporting for my expenses by technician.

Response from Kickserv

Hello Mike,
SUPER review! Thank you for the terrific feedback. We love hearing about how easy our QuickBooks integration is to use and I believe your feedback will help others.

Replied 28/06/2019
Kiran B. Kiran B.

Reviewed on 18/03/2016

Regret Paying for the Full Year

We hoped this software would be relieve the stress of scheduling for our business. However, it has been the exact opposite. Initially when trying to sell us the product, we were told the features that we needed were already functioning or in the pipeline. We were told that there would be a follow up with that timeline. After I PAID $1,*** , that never happened. In fact, I was later told that a timeline was hard to provide as software development of certain things take time beacause of bugs. Which makes sense, however why not be HONEST when you were selling me on the program?

Secondly, support sucks. We have tried to talk to someone. None of the people we have talked to seem happy to help and act as if we are burdening them. In the last two days, we have left two messages and have not received a call back. When I messaged Josh Anderson asking him when we should expect a call. His reply was:

"I am sorry, I don't see a voicemail or message in the queue.
Did you log in to Kickserv and click the bottom right icon and send support a chat?"

If I wanted to chat, I already would have.

Some other cons:

Even in expanded view, when you click on an event on the calendar, it sometimes will move your appointment time for no reason.

The calendars don't line up (e.g. if you have given one tech 3 jobs), you have to search through the calendar to find out whos assigned to what.

When you click on a job to start time or stop time, it doesnt show the "PLAY" or "JOB COMPLETE" sign until like 15 mins later. Totally throws us off as we have to call clients to let them know team is on the way.

This is unacceptable. Biggest regret is paying for the whole year. Now I am stuck with a program that half works and have to deal with people that dont really seem to enjoy their job. BUMMER, however lesson learned. I would highly recommend trying this program first when before committing to any period of time longer than a month.

Response from Kickserv

Kiran, we appreciate your feedback and regret the mix-up in communication. We take pride in putting our customers first, and are constantly working on ways to improve our customer experience.

As you know by now, we responded to Brittany's call for support within 4 hours (after business hours on Thursday). Unfortunately, it seems you were not made aware of that response until late Friday.
We welcome phone conversations, but we highly encourage using our in-app help system to submit support questions/tickets, as it is generally quicker and easier to track. Once we were able to talk over the phone that Saturday, I hope we were able to resolve all of your questions and concerns. Thank you for your continued business!
Also, for anyone concerned about paying for a year of service up front, we do offer a monthly subscription. All our plans come with a free 14-day trial, complete with video tutorials. We even offer a 2-hour New User Boot-Camp with one-on-one instruction.

Replied 25/03/2016
Amilly A. Amilly A.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 5/07/2017

Indispensable. Simple to use and manage your customers and jobs from one place.

The benefits are countless and far outweigh the features that we still don't have. What I love is that Kickserv is constantly adding new features and increasing the software's functionality.

Pros

I love how easy it is as admin to add users, customize certain fields and see who has what on their calendar, emailing invoices to customers from the software, integration with QB.

Cons

I can't progress invoice, therefor I can't take advantage of really knowing the money in the pipelines. Certain custom fields for a customer's location don't carry over when you create a new job in that location, creating double entry.

Lawreen S. Lawreen S.

Reviewed on 9/06/2018

Great - easy to use

Pros

Able to schedule jobs and access data anywhere - This is allowing us to service our clients quicker

Cons

Would like to be able to assign a crew to a work order - even thou they are not set up to receive data info.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you for the great review. Yes, once you figure out how you can run your business remote from just about anywhere your life changes (and so does your business).

We should discuss in our support line this comment about scheduling crews that don't receive email or texts. I feel we do have a solution for that.

Replied 24/06/2018
Debi G. Debi G.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 29/05/2018

It makes it easy to schedule jobs and keep track of hours

It keeps everything for a job in one place so multiple people can access it.

Pros

The software is easy to use to schedule our service technicians. They also log their hours while on the road which makes submitting their hours for payroll easy.

Cons

Creating reports can be tricky. It's trial and error to find the right fields to use and get them to display correctly.

Response from Kickserv

Hello Debi,
Thank you for the great review! Reach out to us with our in-app chat support regarding the reports. We are here to help.

Replied 26/06/2018
Tom B. Tom B.
  • Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Good software for organizing shifts

For a moving company such as ours, it is important to be able to dissipate job information effectively and coordinate who goes to which job. Kickserv helps me to receive reliable and accurate information about a job so I can focus on actually moving people, rather than wasting time on minor details. Although some of its quirks are a bit annoying to deal with, I like using Kickserv overall.

Pros

*Straightforward calendar that can include notes for jobs and can be synced to external calendars
*Reliable mobile application; never crashes.

Cons

* The mobile application doesn't say which technicians are on a job, but the browser does.
* As a user, I only use a very small part of the app. The rest is irrelevant.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you so much for your kind words, Tom. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Replied 12/08/2019
Lee-anne B. Lee-anne B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 26/06/2019

Kickserv for our Cleaning Service

Great company, excellent support staff and all round quite a good system for our needs.

Pros

Kickserv is really easy to use, great support from the guys to help resolve any issues.

Cons

Invoice number not generating on clients invoice from the app until syncing with Xero.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you for giving us a top-notch review! We would be honored to have your recommendation to your friends and family who are looking for Field Service Management Software in the future.

Kris N. Kris N.

Reviewed on 6/11/2014

This software is a really good scheduling tool for a service company

Pros

The help desk is super responsive. The software is really quite intuitive, and the time to get it up and running with the help desk's help is only a few days. It's web-based, and techs can easily access it from the field on an iPad or other tablet.

Cons

If you're running a complex organization it may fall a little short. We run a business with five totally different sets of skilled people, so we sort of outstripped what it was intended for. Also, the scheduling optimization by ZIP code or area of town is not well-developed.

Brandt G. Brandt G.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Kickserv made our life easier

Pros

Kickserv was able to help us become more efficient and organized. It's features continue to provide value to our company.

Cons

Integration of Quickbooks is adequate. More features would be appreciated.

Response from Kickserv

Hello Brandt,
You have a been a very loyal customer for over 4 years! Thank you. We thrive on the needs and wants of our customers. Thank you again for the great feedback and continued support.

Replied 25/06/2019
David B. David B.

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

Very helpful program I use it many different ways. With and without QuickBooks integration....

Run my business

Pros

The is of navigating the system is my favorite part. The ease of navigating the system is my favorite part. QuickBooks integration is seamless. The ease of program and the bonus low-cost is amazing

Cons

I haven't sat down and figured out everything I can be doing with the system and that is only my fault as all the instructions are there and it is easy

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Decent Software; Great Support

We use KickServ to schedule field engineers for analysis and to generate our invoices and estimates. It works well for our current needs, though there are some small functionalities I wish would change. On the bright side, it's always improving - please keep the updates rolling out!

Pros

The customer service is excellent. Whenever I have a question, someone gets ahold of me within in an hour (or usually less), and they'll follow up within a day or two to make sure you're doing well. The software is also constantly improving with new upgrades.

Cons

When using the program with QuickBooks, it doesn't always sync the way I'd like it to. Once a contact is in, I can't edit the contact information, which is a pain when we have multiple customers from the same overall client company. There's always a little tweak here or there that I wish would change. However, the support team usually will assist with any problems.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you for taking your time to give us a review. We do thrive on feedback from our customers like you. Your viewpoints were insightful. Plus, we are happy to hear of how pleased you are with our Support Team. Keep reaching out to us anytime with our in-app chat because we are here to help.

Replied 25/06/2019
James M. James M.

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

We've been using kick serve for our business for about 2 years now and it has worked great.

It makes keeping our books very easy. Sending invoices and collecting Monies is so simple

Pros

There are so many great features to kick serve it's hard to pick what I like the most. Uploading job pictures and documents has been extremely valuable to our business

Cons

The the only complaint I have about kickserv is that the mobile app is not Android friendly. If you download it and try to use it it shuts down and closes every time

Tommy D. Tommy D.

Reviewed on 5/07/2019

Kickserv schedule and Job tracking

This is a great app for keeping all your info attached to the job records. it is very easy to use and the developers are continuously adding needed features.

Pros

Kickserv is very easy to use and a great place to keep track of all our job info. We do all our scheduling and time tracking through the app. It has taken the place of 3 apps we used in the past.

Cons

The accounting portion of the app is still a little behind but they seem to be improving it weekly.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you so much for your kind words, Tommy. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

John L. John L.

Reviewed on 5/07/2017

Overall, good experience. Not a fan of the electronic Customer support, prefer talking to a...

Pros

Overall it was user friendly. The sync with quickbooks was satisfactory and very useful. Customer reports average to good.

Cons

Cumbersome when providing multiple services for a customer. Tracking service history of Customers. Limited with respect to multiple invoicing types to Customers. Invoicing did not fit our business model.

Julian C. Julian C.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 22/06/2017

Awesome daily management and dispatching.

Management of Daily operations and organization of all work and dispatched work all in one place at the Dashboard

Pros

Very easy to use and tech support the greatest !!!!!!! Best product on the market for value and easy links to Quickbooks.

Cons

Slow down periods but the tech staff usually has a fix with in minutes. They are always working to improve operations