Basecamp Reviews

About Basecamp

Basecamp is an efficient collaboration tool used by thousands of teams across the globe. Teams use Basecamp to keep track of assignments, work together on documents, plan projects, chat, and more. Basecamp is opinionated. It's...

4.2
4.2

Browse Basecamp Reviews

14,427 of 14,427 reviews
Vikram
Vikram
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 24/08/2022

The Best task allocation and monitoring tool available in the market

In remote workplaces, it becomes very difficult to monitor and track the progress of your peers or teammates. Basecamp has been a saviour as it helps us not only monitor and allocate tasks but also becomes a source of communication for internal teams to get the work done. We recommend Basecamp to any IT company which has multiple projects and resources to handle.

Pros

Basecamp has been a great tool for our team as all the projects and tasks are allocated by the managers and peers on this platform and then it becomes easy for everyone to keep a track of it. Basecamp provides an easy communication via threads that make it very convenient to use. We at Wise IT inc have been using basecamp as a project management and collaboration tool and love how it makes our lives easier. It also has a mobile app which makes it more easier to keep a check on your phone when you are away from work.

Cons

Basecamp does not have video conferencing option yet which has become a very important feature for companies that are working from home. Apart form this, I have never faced any problem using Basecamp.

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

The interface of Basecamp is easier than Asana. Also in terms of features, Basecamp currently leads the market.

Reasons for Switching to Basecamp

Pricing and features are better for Basecamp compared to other alternatives available.
Jason
Jason

Reviewed on 10/03/2021

Making project management easier

Overall, Basecamp is a solid product that I use almost daily to manage projects. I haven't had any major issues with the software but would like to be able to easily reference tips and tricks to improve my workflow.

Pros

The ability to collaborate with other people on my team on task management is critical to making sure the work is done on time. Basecamp also allows me to communicate with clients and vendors on project specifics tasks and goals which means less time writing emails and more time getting things accomplished.

Cons

The user interface is a little too bare-bones, and things aren't always intuitive. I would like to see more tips on how to set projects up and manage them properly.

Trello and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

I had more clients that were using Basecamp, so it made sense to be on the same platform as them.

Reasons for Switching to Basecamp

More clients were using basecamp already.
Vikas
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 9/02/2024

Review about Basecamp

My overall experience is good about Basecamp. I will suggest it to my colleagues and friends to use it once.

Pros

We have two teams using basecamp. We use to track project, to share updates and followups of activity. For us its easy to use. Its easy to create chat rooms for each of the clients and project management.

Cons

One thing I like the least is the response of the support team it takes a little bit of time.

Top Basecamp Alternatives

• Industry: Civic & Social Organisation
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 29/10/2018

I'm not sure if it's the same people on this one, since there are different versions of this...

For the fact that it's an app on a major app store, I would have obviously come across it, for the fact that it was something of some form of various thing that I would come across in categorical and ad hoc searching, as it turns out.

Aside from not understanding what the purpose of the software was, based on the description that was included in all of the versions in the App Store, I found it particularly disparaging to the community that they framed the purpose of the app as an occupation and dump in of trucks and trailers, and tons of people from out of town, on any given day, whereas the trailers were there in supposition that they were showers that were provided to the homeless, on one day.

On one hand, they're not there every day, but on the other hand, it was a bit strange that this ended up being what the app is about.

Pros

In essence, I suppose that this app seems a bit in opposition to the browsing app store user coming across it and then, at some point, upon trying to understand what the portent of the impact of the software is, fairly soon turns up browsing through more apps, wondering what this app is about; particularly to have 3 release versions of it, at this point in time.

Regardless, it turned in to a yellow sign "base camp" social work news article publication thing for the sake of publicizing push material of support for what ended up being a seething attrition for the locals of the area where the "base camp" installment of "obviously, it's on account of the app in the app store thing," and on top of that, there was significant opposition to me as a mental health client recipient of services (supposedly), just tangentially, and for a few times, perhaps, of this art therapy group of people, and then they talked and acted out towards me in my head, outside of any sort of professional or service provider and client circumstances.

Cons

I feel like the spirit of development in software, for the purpose of disparaging the client, of a completely different and separate supposition of relation, whatsoever, in regards to the original purpose of meeting with these developers, is simply wrong and unprofessional. These developers cause a significant problem in a different locality between people who are not housed in downtown Los Angeles, on the incident that happened witnessed, and whatever the story was in my head about what anyone might think about such an influx of people in to the area, which is all too common, in various ways;

On top of that, they're plotted right at 222 S. Hill St. 7th floor, Los Angeles, CA, 90012, and they do events of disparagement against me and my family commonly, while trying to suppose that their self esteem is supported and is superior, while homeless and mentally ill bullying and stalking victims are inferior, on account of group brute strength over an individual. They run ostensibly false and slight charity drives for supposedly unfortunate other people.

Bodamer
Bodamer
  • Industry: Translation & Localisation

Reviewed on 24/01/2024

Basecamp is a powerhouse for project management and makes collaboration easy.

It has been a fabulous experience with Basecamp and we seen it really transform our projects. It has helped us to gain better control on our project work and allows us to collaborate more and achieve better results.

Pros

Basecamp offers an outstanding combination of communication functions which makes it easy for teammates to share information and collaborate more during projects. It helps harmonize all project details into one dashboard which makes it easy to visualize and monitor projects progress. It has a simple and simply designed user interface which makes it easy to use.

Cons

Basecamp has been so perfect and there has been absolutely nothing to like least about it.

Krizzia
Krizzia

Reviewed on 18/03/2021

"Tons of emails!"

I would definitely use this tool for the next few years or so as it helped shed some light on my tasks. With basecamp, I can rapidly collaborate with my clients and I like that it's fast and not lagging. Updates are real-time and I can easily track my progress throughout the day. Hopefully, the emails get fewer. It's just terrible most of the time.

Pros

As a VA freelancer, I am overloaded with tasks every day on my plate. Good thing basecamp happened because its UI is so simple for a first-timer and I can easily navigate the tool and its nooks and crannies. The features, especially Campfire and Shared Files/ Docs, have been very helpful as I have to communicate daily to my clients and it's crucial that they see the amount of work that I've done every day for their ease.

Cons

I can't thread comments. I get lost every time I track my clients' instructions about some tasks needed for the day. Also, there are too many emails in my inbox, it's a burden already because it results in overlooking the most important ones.

Grace
Grace

Reviewed on 4/08/2023

Basecamp facilitates coordination and communication in projects

Basecamp has been an excellent tool for keeping track of everything that needs doing. Users can look through their tasks, add comments, and send alerts to the people in charge of the projects.

Pros

It's user-friendly, facilitates collaboration across geographic distances, lets you draft and share papers with your team, and features a clock to track attendance.

Cons

Basecamp remains competitive with other project management software options because it provides most of the features necessary to successfully oversee a project.

Louise
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 9/02/2024

Thumbs up for Basecamp

Love it. I know that my questions and comments are shared across Canada in seconds and I like that the platform is easy to move around.

Pros

I like that folks from different organizations can work together and collaborate on many different projects. Easy to keep in one place and you have a history right there.

Cons

Sometimes lots of clicks to add or remove people. Not a huge deal though.

Rajesh

Reviewed on 28/02/2024

Best tool to manage products easliy

Pros

Mostly I liked task creation which is very simple. and from a single platform, you can talk with clients as well as can do personal chats with clients from it.

Cons

This has no feature of select time intervals suppose at this time this task should be finished.

Leah
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 16/02/2024

Easy Platform to Use and Very Effective

Pros

This platform is very user friendly. Support is accessible for any issues that arise. It manages most every aspect of my project.

Cons

I cannot identify any cons at this time.

Reviewed on 24/07/2019

(BC3) A friendly project management tool

Basecamp is a great way to collaborate with clients and teams still. The nature of direct 1-1 communications means it will never compete with Slack in terms of moment to moment integration (We dont use campfires or pings or whatever they are called), especially since we do a lot of work in JIRA and therefore our project and process are already disconnected (I could see Campfire being more useful if we were more actively using Basecamp). For now, it serves as a place to post assets for review and archival to the client, as well as a place to post longer messages, like meeting notes in a way that is organized and contextual.

Pros

The reintroduction of client permissions made BC3 instantly more usable as it reintroduced the collaborative nature that wa a hallmark of this product (The "clientside" approach was garbage)
Basecamp offers a clean and approachable structure to project management. It is not intended for software development really, but can be used to run a project or even as a company hub (we use it for both, though in full honesty we have mostly transitioned to slack).

Cons

As above, the initial clientside approach was really underwhelming. It worked for specific low-touch clients, but if you were actively collaborating, it was offputting and cumbersome.
It can be sort of cumbersome to navigate files, and I wish there were data integrations to link Google Shared drives

ActiveCollab

Reasons for Switching to Basecamp

We didnt want to deal with self hosting and we had used the older version of Basecamp. It was also priced competatively
Kate
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

Easy, Affordable Project Management for Your Entire Team

Since we started using Basecamp, our project intake process has become much more organized and it's way easier to see what everyone has on their plate. It's also helped us get approval from key stakeholders since everyone at every step of every project has to-dos assigned to them. I also love the integrations. We sync with Everhour so we can keep track of exactly how long it takes to complete each step of each project, which has helped us become more efficient and also see where we're spending our time.

Pros

I love how intuitive Basecamp is to use and how easy it is to keep track of upcoming projects and set priorities. I'm new to project management and it's been so easy to set up every project and teach new employees how to navigate the system. You can set different projects for different teams and even invite clients to view projects. Plus, you don't have a limited number of seats so everyone in our organization can access it without us needing to purchase anything additional.

Cons

There are too many places to communicate within Basecamp so it's important that you have a clear process. You can comment on an overall project thread, a group and in each individual to-do so sometimes it's hard to tell where a comment is located. However, it does show you which to-dos have comments within them and there are easy-access notifications at the top of your screen at all times so as long as comments are recent, they're easy to find.

Trello, Wrike and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Basecamp

We did free trials of each option and Basecamp was the easiest to use and the most intuitive. We were all comfortable using it and thought it would be the best option for us as the company grew since we could add people to the team easily.
Ellie
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 15/12/2019

A Really Good Project Management Tool!

Bringing Basecamp into the organization wasn’t difficult. The system was easy and simple to integrate. My team loves it! We hare very satisfied with Basecamp.

Pros

Prior to basecamp, my organization was unorganized and working organically, there was no structure or timelines to our projects. Basecamp brought all that and MORE! It’s so simple to use and assign team members the tasks. It has a great user interface structure. There’s not a day that goes by where I’m not on Basecamp. It made such a positive impact in my organization!

Cons

When it comes to tracking, Basecamp doesn’t give a good overview of this. You need to consistent check what tasks have been completed and which ones aren’t. I hope they make an improvement on the Gantt Charts along with full project reports!

Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

Wrike was a great tool but lacked the ability to collaborate that Basecamp offers with its message boards and campfire.

Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Basecamp

Basecamp’s price and overall system is what my team needed. Wrike is great but a bit too “intense” for my team.
Ryan
Ryan
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 11/04/2020

Basecamp allows me to track my team's progress easily and efficiently

I've used Basecamp for my team for several years now. The communications solutions, file management services and archival features are all excellent. As an administrator and user, I highly recommend Basecamp for any organization with several ongoing and simultaneous projects.

Pros

Basecamp is a project management solution that allows me to stay on top of my team's projects with ease. Projects can be categorized and organized so that only members working on a particular project are exposed to the communications and back and forth. We use Basecamp as our primary solution because it is easy to implement and onboard, simple to use and has a robust set of features that are among the best in the industry for what we need.

Cons

My only complaint is that the different versions of Basecamp have different features. For example, the version we use does not allow for time tracking. While this is not necessary, as we don't bill out by the quarter hour, it would be a nice feature that would allow me to better understand how long certain tasks take my team members. If Basecamp had universal features across all versions, this would be a miracle solution.

Jira and Confluence

Reasons for Switching to Basecamp

Basecamp is simply more user friendly for my organization. We didn't want to use the same ticketing system that our dev ops or IT uses because we had differing needs.
Nichole
Nichole
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

The best all in one HQ for remote teams

Overall, I love the way it feels like a virtual headquarters for your company where employees can chat, stay up to date with projects, and post all related docs and files, and integrate schedules, but in order to get the best experience with running an office remotely there is such limitation and little customization available. This is a great start, but you still need to use other tools to get a comprehensive set of tools to run and operate your business.

Pros

I love the fact that basecamp feels like a virtual office. The dashboard looks like virtual rooms that one can enter depending on the department you want to access. Basecamp has many features to make it feel like you're at the office like the different departments with access to files, chat, project management , to-do's, groups, and a link to schedule your time and tasks and keep track of meetings.

Cons

There is very little customization that can be done besides adding a company logo, and setting up your departments, groups and selecting which features to incorporate into the department tiles. I would love to be able to custom colorize the look and feel to make it more unique and visual, but there are limitations. Each tile that can be used for departments or projects, also have very little room for customization and you're not able to create any unique features besides your standard to dos, schedule, chat, and files.

monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Basecamp

ability to have employees connect in one place rather than just working separately and feeling disconnected
Sridhar

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Decent project management tool for small teams!

We started Basecamp in v2 and still using it for smaller internal projects. Basecamp does a lot good when you are working with smaller simple focused projects which are run individually.

Most of our clients are now demanding to be in Slack or MS Teams as part of collaboration so we have to move to newer tools and apps as required by clients.

As part of 2020/2021 vision, we are now targeting to move all our artifacts and teams to Slack or MS Teams and service most of our collaboration/discussion/file sharing

Pros

The most important and stand out feature of the product is the fixed pricing. Its use all you can and no per user seating billing makes it absolutely a product for internal smaller teams.

We have used this product for little over 2 years now and is used by various teams inside the company.

With basic features like tasks, calendar, file sharing, we found it relatively smaller projects which does not involve too many requirement changes or too much of pre-start documentation required.

Cons

Handling large multiple projects, tracking each project activities, and above all tracking individual contractors work/ timesheet tracking has been a pain point with this product for us.

Check-ins work great for a product company but since ours is a technology services projects where work really has to be tracked and detailed at most levels has been a challenge for us.

Most of our clients are already on or they prefer/recommend apps from slack and MS Teams and demand to use basecamp in their ecosystem is not very in demand for us.

Todoist, Trello and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

Trello was adopted well by most of our clients and we proposed to use the Trello boards for projects. But the fact is that we don't always use Agile strictly in "services" industry. As in all services companies, we find ourselves always racing against time, hence the boards will not always reflect correct effort, time or estimation. Hence we made a switch from Trello to Basecamp as it offered client portal which can be shared and we can add clients and wanted more collaboration

Trello

Reasons for Switching to Basecamp

The number #1 was obviously fixed price of the product and not per seat basis. We found value in collaboration and getting things done with smaller teams and smaller projects. We can easily add clients and share only data that we need.
Maszni
Maszni
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

Good software for building project management

I mainly use it to collaborating on project with my team members which working on the other branches. We can communicate and work on the same task in real-time and making the project collaboration process very effective.

Pros

The feature and menu is perfectly placed in the software dashboard. I can easily find the tools that i need really fast and that has speed up my work progress. All my project and the progress can be tracked by the visual percentage thus make it more easier to know the project level of completion.

Cons

Basecamp tools for task management is somewhat lacking because there are no tools to managing a complex project that need many resources for the project. The software dashboard and overall design is too old and very unappealing compared to other software that has more modern looking software design.

Faisal Faruque
Faisal Faruque

Reviewed on 22/12/2021

Basecamp made managing my team members easier than ever!

You can call it the Jack of All Trades. Before using Basecamp I had to use a lot of apps for different purposes. For example, one to-do app, another file-sharing app, another messaging app, and so on. It hampered my productivity. But luckily I found Basecamp and this thing got me covered. Now I can have fewer meetings with my team members and save time to do something productive. The integration with other app made it the real hero. I can automate my tasks on Basecamp by using popular integration services and those work seamlessly with Basecamp.

Pros

I have been using Basecamp for a while now. I am genuinely in love with the overall user interface of this platform. It is very easy to use and intuitive. The free plan of the Basecamp is quite generous and it is enough for most of the users. This is why I love this tool so much. But there are some other features that are really helping me to manage my remote team. I can easily assign tasks with deadlines. The email notification system and the mobile app added to the overall value of this tool. I observed that it loads faster on any device with a slower internet connection. This is why my team members even from countries with slow internet can easily access this tool. Overall, the experience is top-notch and I recommend everyone to use this tool.

Cons

There is nothing that I hate about this product. But I think the amazing developer team behind this tool can bring some improvements to the existing features. The price for the Business Plan is quite affordable for large teams. But if they can bring some affordable paid plan for the individual users it would be so much helpful.

Melanie Latrelle
Melanie Latrelle
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 10/08/2022

So glad I found Basecamp!!

I've had a great experience with Basecamp. I've collaborated with a number of projects on this tool and it's been essential in managing my projects. Since I'm in the growing phases of my business, I SO glad they have a free feature that allows me to use 3 free projects. Once I reach a level where I have a team and I'm serving more clients, then I can see myself getting the Basecamp paid plan.

Thank you for offering such a great product!

Pros

Another designer recommended Basecamp for managing web design projects. This product allows me to keep everything for my client projects in one place! I like being able to collaborate with clients on a timeline and assigning them tasks. The chat feature is very helpful. I like that we can upload all their documents and even link to Google documents. The mobile is very useful for doing business on the go.

I can really stay organized with Basecamp and it keeps me accountable with timelines. I love that I can make it client-facing so there is a level of transparency on timelines.

I can use this tool to do all communications with clients and not have a string of emails to go through.

Cons

I've been going back and forth with the documents section and if I should use Google Drive to store documents or if I should use Basecamp. People are most familiar with Google Drive, however when I educate and train them on how to use Basecamp, then it will help them be more comfortable with navigating the software.

I would like training videos for clients to be able to get an overview of how to get the most of Basecamp while working together. If Basecamp doesn't have a video overview, then this will be something that I can work on.

ClickUp and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

It was recommended to my by another designer and she said she used it for everything related to her projects. I was sold when she said she didn't email clients anymore! I was like YES! This is what I need. I get annoyed with the lost email chains and I wanted an all in one tool where I could email the client and also email designs and mockups. Asana didn't do well with emailing images to clients. They were blurry and hard to find on the email.

Reasons for Switching to Basecamp

Basecamp has an easy to use interface. It allows me to share design mockups, email and live chat with clients (I've used this messaging feature a lot), store documents and keep projects on timeline. I really like the home page dashboard for each project. It's SO clear and easy to understand! Each section is labeled clearly and easy to use.
Joanna
  • Industry: Translation & Localisation

Reviewed on 25/06/2023

Our go-to project management tool!

Basecamp solves problems I didn't even know I had! It also keeps everyone accountable and well-informed in every aspect of our work. It's a massive game-changer.

Pros

Basecamp makes my life so much easier! From tracking projects to communicating deadlines and keeping all our most important documents and information in an easily accessible place, there's no way I could keep track of everything as efficiently and smoothly without it.

Cons

There's a significant learning curve with Basecamp, and that can intimidate those who haven't used project management tools or cause people to feel like they don't have time to figure it out.

Trello and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

Basecamp had features that were more compatible with our needs.

Trello
Casey

Reviewed on 15/09/2023

The ultimate collab

Basecamp keeps our team moving on time, step by step. We're more efficient and thorough, and we don't miss any details.

Pros

One thing that's really nice about Basecamp is that the monthly price is the same no matter how many usersthe account will need. This means it's much more affordable especially for larger teams or companies. There's also a version of Basecamp that can be used for free, incase you'd like to try it out first.Setting up Basecamp was almost effortless. The Ul is so intuitive and helpful. Integrating Basecamp with other services is supported and may be done quickly without a complicated setup. Guest accounts are available and they add flexibility. Basecamp keeps all team members updated on events, deadlines, announcements, approvals, etc. Teams can manage projects, tasks, and ideas in one platform.It's looking to be the best collaboration app I've had.

Cons

I'm disappointed to see that time tracking and Gantt charts were not included, however I still think we're thriving with Basecamp. I'd also like to be able to leave our team communication app behind and only use Basecamp.

Airtable

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

Zoho projects lacked proper tools and customer support.

Zoho Projects
Kamila
Kamila

Reviewed on 16/01/2019

Great for client management and projects

It helps us keep the communication with clients in one place versus using email which is helpful. I wish they had a free version though. I like the style and branding of the app, but if I wasn't using it for client work I doubt I'd be using it for my own projects.

Pros

- The interface is fun to navigate, it's just pleasant to look at. I like all the little buttons, the way that the check marks are designed, it's fun to comment and check things off. I'm a big nerd when it comes to the actual enjoyment of a platform. The brand is on point.
- I like that you can set up different sections for todo's versus having them all be in place. It's also helpful to have a separate files section and discussions section for things not related to specific to-do's although we do rarely use them with my clients.
- I see they have an option to use Clientside where the client doesn't get to see all the things in Basecamp, and they can still use email primarily when it comes to the communication. I personally don't use this option and we just have the client in their own Basecamp but it's a great option for folks if they don't want their clients IN the actual project.
- It's easy to attach images, write quick comments, and send pings to team members.

Cons

- The price point, it's obviously not a free option like Trello or others and it is the same in terms of quality as those two except for the design and having clients in there.
- It can get confusing for the client. They don't know where to go.
- Sometimes we don't know where to write things, there are too many options for communication and discussion which makes the organization of our conversations a bit trickier to manage.
- I wish it was possible to see a visual representation of the deadlines for each task, like a gantt chart or something. I feel like Asana has more options when it comes to all of that and it's easier to organize things.

Bryce
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 3/02/2021

Best Bang for the Buck

Our team has been better at communicating with one another and collaborating on ideas. It has connected the team and made it easier to know what everyone is working on without it feeling like big brother is watching what you do.

Pros

I love how I pay a yearly fee and I can have unlimited users, projects, files, due dates, etc. We looked into other software and no one could match the ease of use and affordability for a city government on a budget. I love how you can search by keyword and find what you need, I love the chatting option between employees and I love how you can create projects and assignments with ease.

Cons

I wish you could integrate your google calendar with this software.

When I Work and WhenToWork

Cost

Slack
USMAN ZAFAR
USMAN ZAFAR

Reviewed on 29/05/2021

Best and All-In-One Toolkit for Working Remotely 😊

Pros

Our team is using Basecamp since 2019 and all the things are managed and well settled because of Basecamp. Our messages, schedules to do the tasks, our important documents, our conversations regarding the projects and tasks are safe and well managed on Basecamp.
Some of the best and helpful features are:
1. Message Board: You can post announcements, pitch ideas and check progress with daily and on time updates.
2. To-do's: Best option is to set the to-do option in which one can easily make lists of the work or task the you want to get done, set due dates for a tasks and much more.
3. Schedule: You can set important dates on a schedule and can subscribe events in google calendar, Outlook or ical.
4. Docs and files: Easiest and helpful thing us to share the files with teams but the exciting thing is that you can upload and share docs, files, images and spreadsheets with your team and organize in folder as yiu want so they're easy to find.
5. Group chat: You don't need to talk to your teammates using your mobile number here in Basecamp you can easily chat with group members, ask random and important questions relevant to your queries and share stuff without any problem.
In simple, Basecamp is the best platform that have the tools for any company or firm includes all the tools all teams need to work together.

Keep everyone in the loop without all the meetings.

Cons

As I'm using Basecamp without facing any problem so a big Thank you to the Basecamp team. All the tools and features are very helpful. Even one can try Basecamp free trial without any credit card requirement. You can enjoy free trial then you can select package according to your needs and requirements. I hope you really enjoy it. One suggestion to Basecamp team is that please add special package and tools for teachers and students. In covid-19 situation every school and college facing problems in online learning, I suggest to add special LMS features for education side. Again Thanks

Tara
Tara
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 4/04/2018

Basecamp is excellent for client management tasks that involve multiple departments.

The main benefit of Basecamp is the ability to assign out specific tasks to specific individuals and with a due date. As a full-service digital marketing company, we benefit greatly from the software's overall project/client-focused design. Basecamp helps my medium-sized company to know which members of each department on working on a client. With the due date feature, users can indicate time-sensitive or priority matters. This feature is optional, which allows our company to distinguish between short term tasks and long term goals. Basecamp's design is checklist-oriented. Checklists appeal greatly to our more meticulous employees, but also encourages the more Type B employees to focus their ideas into timely and measurable tasks. The newest upgrade to Basecamp 3 introduced the Campfire feature which is ideal for internal projects, a benefit that was missing from the previous version. This aspect of the software is perfect for intra-department non-client work. For example, the account management team uses this feature to collaborate on building a new template for our client presentations. Overall, Basecamp allows my company to achieve large-scale goals by breaking them down into distinct tasks.

Pros

I work on the client-facing side of a medium-sized digital marketing services company. I love that Basecamp aligns perfectly with our multi-client firm. The latest upgrade to Basecamp 3 expanded the product's utility. Basecamp's design allows my coworkers and me to assign and manage tasks across departments. The new Campfire feature expands Basecamp's utility to include internal project management in addition to the main benefit of organizing client work. This feature allows for a more casual flow of ideas for projects that my team is working on as a group.

Cons

I dislike that Basecamp does not allow the user to know the workload of another coworker. For example, if I need a small change to be made to a website, I would assign that task to a member of our design team. They are very busy and sometimes that task can get backlogged if the recipient has a long list of assignments to complete. Additionally, when assigning out new clients, it is important to see which of my team members has the extra hours in their schedule to handle a new account.