About Basecamp

Basecamp is a real-time communication tool that helps teams stay on the same page; it’s less for traditional project management tasks (e.g., resource planning and long-term scheduling). With to-do-lists, calendaring, due dates...

4.2
4.2

Browse Basecamp Reviews

13,578 of 13,578 reviews
Benn H.

Reviewed on 11/06/2022

Collaborate and order your teamwork

Basecamp is an interactive and practical platform for remote work, I like it because you can organize everything in one place, I can create chat groups and thus have a more orderly communication with my team, the interface is simple and its dashboard is intuitive, you can order the To-Dos, message board in one place.

Pros

What I like about using Basecamp is the ability to see who is responsible for what tasks, as well as their due date and current status. It is a wonderful resource for project cooperation and responsibility management and is an ideal tool for project management for organizations of any size. Access to every aspect of a project is vital for our company, since we are continually seeking to improve how we manage projects and interact. The variety of templates and the option to collaborate with others are two of my favorite features. When one user edits a sheet, the other user who is logged in can access the updated version, It is easy to add collaborators and view who else is on the sheet simultaneously.

Cons

It lacks better integration with Excel to generate better results.

Gavin M.

Reviewed on 18/05/2022

Basecamp gives you a lot of bang for the buck

Pros

Basecamp does almost everything we need to do, with the ability to use the APIs we've managed to extend Basecamp to work with our internal and some external systems. Every single project is tracked and managed via the app, our project hours are recorded against each project using the API and we can report on these for costings at any point.
There are more competent project management software packages out there, but all of these charge per user and would be a lot more expensive.

Cons

There's a few small features missing, one of these is project management across multiple projects, we're not able to produce GANNT charts or assign people to projects with working hours to ensure the member of staff isn't overloaded. This is minor overall but would definitely be something great to have.

Jira, Trello and Autotask PSA

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

Basecamp gave us more flexibility and at a lower cost than Trello.

Trello

Mainly due to cost.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

It's Ok

I mostly felt frustrated with it. Comments and conversations would get lost in the shuffle and there wasn't a good way to group projects into departments. It works great for one project at a time but I often had over 12 projects running at a time and it just didn't work for me. There are better solutions now.

Pros

It's ok. It works. You can handle some project management with it.

Cons

I didn't like the way it organized comments and it just didn't work well for my team.

Top Basecamp Alternatives

Michael H.

Reviewed on 24/02/2022

Basecamp is the best tool for simple to do list.

I have left basecamp and went to Teamwork.com, after a while, returned to basecamp. I have left basecamp and went to Monday.com, after a while returned to basecamp. That shouls tell you something.

Pros

I think the simplicity of basecamp is wonderful. Almost everyone can ue basecamp, take a new user and throw them into Monday.com or TeamWork.com and they will get lost and faiil. But with Basecamp, it is so easy and intuitive, everyone succeeds!

Cons

Reporting especially email reporting is very weak. also, printing can be improved greratly.

Teamwork and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

i usually swith back and forth due to nature of the project.

Teamwork and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Basecamp

i have went back and forth. today, i choose the task manager based upon the project that i am managing.
Dinos P.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 21/05/2022

Just great...but...

Their support. You simply cannot beat their support. They are just awesome.

Pros

It always works...never encountered one bug and the UI is very well thought out and pleasing to the eye. It has just enough features to do almost everything I need and is my main method of communication amony my team and my clients.

Cons

I wish there were faster at deploying new features and listening more to their customers

Sasha B.

Reviewed on 1/06/2022

With Basecamp we can manage to finish all our projects and tasks on time.

We acquired it to obtain greater productivity in each of our departments. The features improve our work very quickly, we maximize workflow and reduce errors. The quality of the results is splendid and every day more surprising.

Pros

I like the ability that Basecamp has to be able to assign responsibilities to each member of our work, so that we can finish all the tasks and projects together. Communication is smooth, teamwork is very good, and the features integrate very well into our daily use.

Cons

We have had no negative experiences with Basecamp, we are totally happy that we can use this system to complete tasks and projects without much effort on our part.

Martha B.

Reviewed on 31/05/2022

Incredible positive results when managing projects.

Basecamp's qualities have allowed us to gain huge amounts of internal productivity, as we are able to collaborate as a team and keep each project on schedule as it is. Basecamp is a software with great features, which we have taken full advantage of, collaboration and internal communication is great to finish projects with great professionalism.

Pros

I like the integration and collaboration functions, we always keep ourselves informed of all the progress that has been made in the projects, we can communicate remotely, no matter where we are, since another point in favor is the mobile version, which allows us to guarantees excellent performance in each project.

Cons

If I said that Basecamp has been bad for our internal development I would be lying since this software has been with us when we have needed it most, project and task management is safe with Basecamp.

Brianna M.
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 28/05/2022

Good characteristics to achieve good project management.

It is a very good system to improve the effectiveness in the management of tasks and projects, we integrate very well in each project, the productivity is perfect, the prioritization in each objective allows us to be efficient and responsible when thermitating projects and tasks.

Pros

It is a light platform to use, it has a short learning curve, integration with the Labor staff is ideal, notifications are perfect, assigning tasks and projects is very simple, which allows the results to be rapid with great effectiveness.

Cons

We have not presented dislikes with Basecamp, but what bothers us a bit is its price, the price is high, the services are good, but we are not yet satisfied with the economic value that this system has.

Amal M.

Reviewed on 26/04/2022

Good, but need improvements.

Have high potential but need some improvements.

Pros

Task and notification functions work seamlessly.

Cons

Overall layout is not much user friendly. Also the loading speed is a bit slow.

Faisal faruque R.

Reviewed on 22/12/2021

Basecamp made managing my team members easier than ever!

You can call it the Jack of All Trades. Before using Basecamp I had to use a lot of apps for different purposes. For example, one to-do app, another file-sharing app, another messaging app, and so on. It hampered my productivity. But luckily I found Basecamp and this thing got me covered. Now I can have fewer meetings with my team members and save time to do something productive. The integration with other app made it the real hero. I can automate my tasks on Basecamp by using popular integration services and those work seamlessly with Basecamp.

Pros

I have been using Basecamp for a while now. I am genuinely in love with the overall user interface of this platform. It is very easy to use and intuitive. The free plan of the Basecamp is quite generous and it is enough for most of the users. This is why I love this tool so much. But there are some other features that are really helping me to manage my remote team. I can easily assign tasks with deadlines. The email notification system and the mobile app added to the overall value of this tool. I observed that it loads faster on any device with a slower internet connection. This is why my team members even from countries with slow internet can easily access this tool. Overall, the experience is top-notch and I recommend everyone to use this tool.

Cons

There is nothing that I hate about this product. But I think the amazing developer team behind this tool can bring some improvements to the existing features. The price for the Business Plan is quite affordable for large teams. But if they can bring some affordable paid plan for the individual users it would be so much helpful.

Reviewed on 3/12/2021

Basecamp for final year university students who doing final year projects.

Overall one of the best software which I was use and its functionality , scope , workability are outstanding. I actually like the main concept of the software and It was give massive support to our project for getting successes in the worst situations like these pandemic periods. I was suggest this software to my other colleagues on the university whose also got trouble with doing their final year projects.

Pros

When me and my final year project group members starting the project, the first problem which we were faced is how we get collaborate with each others on this task. Because university was closed due to pandemic situation and we were limited to our homes. So we do some research on the way to overcome with this problem and we met the Basecamp. First I like the main idea of the software because it will be one of the most useful software in this pandemic situation. Lot of projects were stopped due to this pandemic situation and at that time Basecamp provide a good platform to collaborate the people. And another favourite feature on the software is the chat option. It is very useful to each of our members to get interact with each others and shear their ideas in the occasion. The options like progress tracking ,achievement reach, To do listing are very use full for us to assigned each members for their roles and guide our project to in proper way in the correct time. The client portal of the software is another favourite item of mine because it was very helpful to our lecturers to interact with us and observe our project for supervising us to get successful on our project.

Cons

When get starting with the software we had to get use with it first and it was taken some time because this was a whole new platform to us. So I think it will be better if it has some introduction and guiding tips to get familiars with it. When interacting with our lectures using client portal we felt the important of that short learning curve of the soft wear because they would not like to spend their valuable time to waste such a thing. Some of other software we use couldn't get sync with the basecamp so we wish to have that option on the soft wear. Other than that basecamp is one of the best software in functional wise and also a concept wise.

Mohammed M.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 13/11/2021

Preparing and implementing tasks through the cooperation of team members

Basecamp contributed to increasing the ability to follow up on all projects of the organization, as well as save documents and documents related to those projects, and also through notifications of tasks that are sent at the specified times to all members, ensuring that everyone stays in touch with the actual situation of the project and enables the project management to know the points Defects and omissions in production baskets, which gives them flexibility with the ability to enter at the right time.

Pros

Basecamp is a flexible program with a distinctive design, which enables the work team, by integrating jobs, to dispense with many of the tasks they perform, which contributes to saving time and effort and increasing productivity.
The team will be able to communicate through Basecamp from anywhere at any time and also via mobile phones.
Each team member will be able to list the tasks, their due dates, and the members who contribute to the implementation of the task, which makes the follow-up processes and measurement of achievement rates easy and clear to everyone. The application will provide you with notifications about the assigned tasks that you have to follow.
The application provides the ability to download files, documents and videos of a specific activity, and they will be saved for reference at any time. The application enables you to work on several projects at the same time, as you will be able to customize the tasks according to the project you are working on.

Cons

Everything is excellent, Basecamp is easy to use for everyone, it has a unique user interface, which allows you to know all the tasks that you are required to participate in and their due dates. Basecamp has an excellent support team and provides educational aids to everyone that helps with a clear understanding of how the app works. Basecamp provides a very large amount of freedom for users, enabling them to include and modify the list of people to send notifications to, ensuring that those notifications reach the people concerned at the specified times.

Paul W.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 30/07/2021

I always come back to Basecamp

We have three sites. What Basecamp has provided is the unification of messages and tasks across all sites. It has added transparency that is invaluable to all of our team. We can keep important documents. Onboarding videos and other useful information. No more scraps of paper or post-it notes on peoples desks. It provides real accountability for everyone on the team. So simple to use which means 100% user adoption. Everyone loves Basecamp and we have tried every PM software out there. Basecamp is the best in the business!

Pros

When you first start using basecamp, two things strike you the most. It’s clean super tight interface and the lack of some common functions. I see both of these things as a positive. This might seem odd but you soon realise that the makers at Basecamp are uncompromising in their relentless pursuit of keeping you efficient. No bloat. No complication. These all adds up to adoption by the whole team. Which for me is the most important thing. You can have a perfect project management system, but if no one uses it. It’s useless. Basecamp’s gets everything on the same page.

Cons

I would love the app to give you persistent reminders for tasks! Snooze for 5 mins etc.

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Basecamp

It had everything we needed and nothing we didn't.
Usman zafar M.

Reviewed on 29/05/2021

Best and All-In-One Toolkit for Working Remotely 😊

Pros

Our team is using Basecamp since 2019 and all the things are managed and well settled because of Basecamp. Our messages, schedules to do the tasks, our important documents, our conversations regarding the projects and tasks are safe and well managed on Basecamp.
Some of the best and helpful features are:
1. Message Board: You can post announcements, pitch ideas and check progress with daily and on time updates.
2. To-do's: Best option is to set the to-do option in which one can easily make lists of the work or task the you want to get done, set due dates for a tasks and much more.
3. Schedule: You can set important dates on a schedule and can subscribe events in google calendar, Outlook or ical.
4. Docs and files: Easiest and helpful thing us to share the files with teams but the exciting thing is that you can upload and share docs, files, images and spreadsheets with your team and organize in folder as yiu want so they're easy to find.
5. Group chat: You don't need to talk to your teammates using your mobile number here in Basecamp you can easily chat with group members, ask random and important questions relevant to your queries and share stuff without any problem.
In simple, Basecamp is the best platform that have the tools for any company or firm includes all the tools all teams need to work together.

Keep everyone in the loop without all the meetings.

Cons

As I'm using Basecamp without facing any problem so a big Thank you to the Basecamp team. All the tools and features are very helpful. Even one can try Basecamp free trial without any credit card requirement. You can enjoy free trial then you can select package according to your needs and requirements. I hope you really enjoy it. One suggestion to Basecamp team is that please add special package and tools for teachers and students. In covid-19 situation every school and college facing problems in online learning, I suggest to add special LMS features for education side. Again Thanks

Kevin B.

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

Basecamp for Teams

We have started and completed close to 150 projects in Basecamp; crossing every department in our organization. It has helped us keep people informed, keep tasks on target, and complete projects in a timely and efficient manner. Their help system is very detailed. It seems like most reviewers just can not find it. https://3.basecamp-help.com/

We are very pleased with the product, but we want to see more enhancements coming, and more often. The product desperately needs sublists, priorities, milestones, and very tight integration with Office 365.

We would also like to see the use of templates. Anything from planning a canoe trip to launching a new retail store would be very helpful.

Overall, it is a great product, but we may outgrow it if enhancements are not added.

If some of these features do not come soon, it may drive long-standing customers away from the product.

Pros

We have been using Basecamp for 7 years now. What we liked at first was the simple design and speed at which you can learn the product. You can be up, running and have a project underway in less than 10 minutes. It checked all the boxes initially. Simple to use, ability to create project groups and associated tasks, assign users, and dates, and attach files. In Basecamp 3 they added grouped tasks within the parent list, and the ability to assign multiple people to a single task.

Cons

Basecamp needs sublists, priorities, and milstones. They also need to build a native integration completely into Office 365. Instead of fighting it, embrace Office 365 Sharepoint, Onedrive, and Teams.

Bethany D.
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 6/05/2021

My, well, base camp for client communications!

I create an individual Basecamp project for each of my clients to handle communication, deadlines, and file-sharing. Basecamp is the only project management software I've found that really excels at being used in a client-facing manner. I can get clients set up within minutes without confusing or overwhelming them.

Pros

My use of Basecamp is unique in that I personally don't need project management software as much as a client communication interface, and Basecamp is perfect for that! My work requires me to implement deadlines for both my team and my clients, and Basecamp allows me to clearly communicate that entire timeline while keeping all files and communication in one place. It really is a perfect "home base"!

Cons

I'd love to be able to customize which projects we receive updates on! Instead of just choosing email updates or no email updates, it would be great to have a newsfeed of only starred projects or even the ability to designate and filter by role within a project.
I also feel that the jump between Basecamp Personal and Basecamp Business is a bit too stark. I'd love to see, say, a Basecamp Entrepreneur option in between aimed at companies that don't need unlimited features and can't afford the $99 monthly price point. Basecamp 2's "10 projects for $20/month" package would be an ideal model!

Freedcamp and Jira

Reasons for Switching to Basecamp

While I preferred the pricing structure of the alternative products, Basecamp can't be beaten in terms of client friendliness.
Maszni A.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

Good software for building project management

I mainly use it to collaborating on project with my team members which working on the other branches. We can communicate and work on the same task in real-time and making the project collaboration process very effective.

Pros

The feature and menu is perfectly placed in the software dashboard. I can easily find the tools that i need really fast and that has speed up my work progress. All my project and the progress can be tracked by the visual percentage thus make it more easier to know the project level of completion.

Cons

Basecamp tools for task management is somewhat lacking because there are no tools to managing a complex project that need many resources for the project. The software dashboard and overall design is too old and very unappealing compared to other software that has more modern looking software design.

Jason F.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 10/03/2021

Making project management easier

Overall, Basecamp is a solid product that I use almost daily to manage projects. I haven't had any major issues with the software but would like to be able to easily reference tips and tricks to improve my workflow.

Pros

The ability to collaborate with other people on my team on task management is critical to making sure the work is done on time. Basecamp also allows me to communicate with clients and vendors on project specifics tasks and goals which means less time writing emails and more time getting things accomplished.

Cons

The user interface is a little too bare-bones, and things aren't always intuitive. I would like to see more tips on how to set projects up and manage them properly.

Asana and Trello

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

I had more clients that were using Basecamp, so it made sense to be on the same platform as them.

Asana

Reasons for Switching to Basecamp

More clients were using basecamp already.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 14/02/2021

Great for Project Management

Love basecamp. Easiest software to use to project manage. We use this every single day. Don't foresee that changing anytime soon!

Pros

Such an easy way to communicate with teammates on a project, track our progress, share files, and project manage. We also use the basecamp calendar to track all of our marketing emails, social media ads/posts, print marketing, and events. It allows for easy "Traffic control" of marketing efforts.
I also love that when you want to communicate on a project/task, you may have for example 10 teammates on the project but you can pick for your email notification of the new message/post to only go to specific individuals among those 10 included so it still tracks the conversation but only notifies those needed without overwhelming others with tons of email notifications.

Cons

Honestly nothing. This software has so much to offer and they have amazing notifications and tutorials that are 5min or less to learn more to better project manage and take advantage of everything it has to offer. If anything (and to be honest - perhaps they have it and i just dont realize), it would be great to have a quick way to review marketing pieces and comment on needed updates/changes made to a document vs. as almost like a "chat"... we separately use inmotion to review marketing pieces while also using basecamp to project manage.

Chuck E.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

Basecamp is irreplaceable! Trust me, we actually tried too Lol!

We use base camp for each department. Every team has their own project. Within each project is every teams important training documents documents, files, and weekly tasks. We use the ping feature for group messages. It has made file sharing very easy. Many of our documents have to be referenced by several different at various times throughout the year. Basecamp makes it simple to keep up with these documents.

Pros

Basecamp has been an amazing product for us for years now! It allows us to manage projects in events by keeping to do lists, files, and instructions all in one place.The team I manage uses it to assign tasks, communicate between team members and keep up with conversations so we can reference them later, and , keep track of files and receipts. Every document and system that our team members need access to can be attained in one place. There is a little bit of a learning curve at first but it makes sense very quickly the more you use it.

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve at first but it makes sense very quickly the more you use it. There are really only two things that I dislike about Basecamp but I’ve learned to live with them for now. 1.). There is a great variety of ways to send communication. You can send a ping (which is kind of like an instant message), You can make a comment on the general message board of each project, you can comment on the calendar item, you can comment on the task item itself, and you can comment on individual files you add. At first it seems real handy but once you start adding multiple projects it can sometimes be difficult to go back and figure out where a conversation happened. Thankfully the search icon works rather well in these instances but not always. The way we have gotten around this is to make sure our Team is clearly instructed on what features we will use to communicate various kinds of information. 2.) there is a feature called haystack. This functions as your personal inbox letting you know what due dates are approaching, what tasks were recently assigned, and what conversations have happened recently that you need to be part of. However, once you click on an item it disappears immediately from your inbox. So when you see something important, you need to respond or add a personal to do immediately. I wish it didn’t delete until you told it to delete like a normal email inbox. This way you could come back to the message and deal with it at a better time.

Bryce K.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 3/02/2021

Best Bang for the Buck

Our team has been better at communicating with one another and collaborating on ideas. It has connected the team and made it easier to know what everyone is working on without it feeling like big brother is watching what you do.

Pros

I love how I pay a yearly fee and I can have unlimited users, projects, files, due dates, etc. We looked into other software and no one could match the ease of use and affordability for a city government on a budget. I love how you can search by keyword and find what you need, I love the chatting option between employees and I love how you can create projects and assignments with ease.

Cons

I wish you could integrate your google calendar with this software.

WhenToWork and When I Work

Cost

Slack
Evan R.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 27/01/2021

Unburden your Inbox!

I encourage you and your team at least test this system. If you find yourself sorting through constant emails to find where you left off on a project- this is for you! For our team, this dissipates stress in the workplace and I have found it permit clearer communication across departments, providing for an amplified experience when teams meet in person- more productive meetings.

Pros

As a non-profit end-user, there are multiple projects I will have on my plate on any given day. In 2020 alone, I was managing the implementation of database training, following-up with Q&A from my colleagues while also navigating new tech integrations for our CRM. With so many moving parts coupled with a shift to heavy remote work, Basecamp provided an ease in transition, permitting us to keep pace with our current systems so that we would not lose the full measure of impact we have on providing aid to at-risk children during the pandemic. In short- less clutter in your standard email inbox and rapid collaboration within secure channels.

Cons

You do not have the ability to archive content, which can make sorting difficult if you are use to this dynamic in say Gmail.

Shannon O.

Reviewed on 25/01/2021

Feature Rich and Effective for Project Management

I signed up for Basecamp to work within a client's Basecamp processes, and now I use it to manage most everything that I work on in collaboration with others. It makes a lot of sense and is intuitive once you accustom to how the projects and to-do lists work.

Pros

The ability to add clients to a project and hide them from information within the project is SO handy. We use that feature a lot for internal to-dos and managing the client without them seeing behind-the-scenes.

Cons

To-do lists are pretty basic. You can assign to a person and add a date, but if you are used to feature-rich todo lists (embedded images, color coding, sub-checklists in a to-do, etc) then you will be disappointed. And although I find the "me" tab easy and intuitive, when we add new members to a project they almost universally struggle in the first weeks to really use Basecamp to its highest functionality.

Daniel T.

Reviewed on 15/01/2021

Basecamp - for small and (some) medium-sized projects

I use Basecamp to manage part of my projects. It helps me to keep in better connection with my clients and the members of the team.

I think it is well suited for small and maybe medium-sized projects. It’s reliable and effective at keeping everything organized as long as your teams will have less than 20 members.

But if you’re taking into consideration to use Basecamp, you must also evaluate the complexity of the project and the need of communication between members.

Sometimes the conversation will become hard to follow because everything is put together, and after a while it’s difficult to keep track of it.

We also use the document management and sharing feature to organize project files. Number of emails between team members and/or client dropped after starting using Basecamp.

In fact, you can use Basecamp entirely as a communication platform to organize and keep in touch with your clients. Basecamp consolidates all messages with the client in one place. If the projects are for external clients you can add them to your project and choose only certain resources that they can have access to.

Pros

Basecamp has a very easy to use and intuitive interface. Managing and supervising projects is clean and efficient.
It allows us to share only certain resources with the client.
Groups allow team members to collaborate and share resources.
Members can communicate real-time with the chat or direct messages(pings) or by posting on messages board.
I can dismiss questions or responses if inadequate for the group.
We’re able to set a responsible and set deadlines for tasks.
I can quickly see the tasks we still need to do.
I like how I can have all communication with the client in one place. We don’t need to communicate by emails so often.
Calendar will tell us the time spent and the deadline of the projects.
You can define project hierarchies to break down projects and make them more manageable.
Sometimes I need to share something with a person who’s not on the team; for this I can create a public share link.
We can use templates to speed up the creation of similar projects.

Cons

There is no plan between Free and Business (99USD/month).
Grouping and following longer discussions is not that easy.
I would like to have the possibility to delete files in bulk.
The calendar is just basic, it lacks many features like exporting or syncing with external apps/tools.
I think there are too many email notifications.
I would like to correct or edit online an already uploaded document.
If you want to change the design after your company branding, don't expect that from Basecamp.
I miss a standard feature to prioritize the tasks so we can drop out our custom conventions.

Sridhar R.

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Decent project management tool for small teams!

We started Basecamp in v2 and still using it for smaller internal projects. Basecamp does a lot good when you are working with smaller simple focused projects which are run individually.

Most of our clients are now demanding to be in Slack or MS Teams as part of collaboration so we have to move to newer tools and apps as required by clients.

As part of 2020/2021 vision, we are now targeting to move all our artifacts and teams to Slack or MS Teams and service most of our collaboration/discussion/file sharing

Pros

The most important and stand out feature of the product is the fixed pricing. Its use all you can and no per user seating billing makes it absolutely a product for internal smaller teams.

We have used this product for little over 2 years now and is used by various teams inside the company.

With basic features like tasks, calendar, file sharing, we found it relatively smaller projects which does not involve too many requirement changes or too much of pre-start documentation required.

Cons

Handling large multiple projects, tracking each project activities, and above all tracking individual contractors work/ timesheet tracking has been a pain point with this product for us.

Check-ins work great for a product company but since ours is a technology services projects where work really has to be tracked and detailed at most levels has been a challenge for us.

Most of our clients are already on or they prefer/recommend apps from slack and MS Teams and demand to use basecamp in their ecosystem is not very in demand for us.

Todoist, Asana and Trello

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

Trello was adopted well by most of our clients and we proposed to use the Trello boards for projects. But the fact is that we don't always use Agile strictly in "services" industry. As in all services companies, we find ourselves always racing against time, hence the boards will not always reflect correct effort, time or estimation. Hence we made a switch from Trello to Basecamp as it offered client portal which can be shared and we can add clients and wanted more collaboration

Trello

Reasons for Switching to Basecamp

The number #1 was obviously fixed price of the product and not per seat basis. We found value in collaboration and getting things done with smaller teams and smaller projects. We can easily add clients and share only data that we need.