17hats Reviews

About 17hats

17hats is a cloud-based business management platform that helps automate the entire business process. It caters to a wide spectrum of small-scale businesses by providing them with tools that allow them to manage operations such...

4.2
4.2

Browse 17hats Reviews

Camila
Camila

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

Brings Everything Together

Before using 17Hats, I had documents all over the place and my business felt very unprofessional. 17hats helped me get everything in one place and add my branding to each document. Now I can see all of my projects in one place, see who needs what, and very easily send invoices, contracts , questionnaires and other documents that are branded and professional. I also have it setup to send emails automatically. It’s been a big timesaver and game changer for my business. I can’t imagine running my business without it.

Pros

What I love most about 17hats is how much time it saves me by gathering my emails, invoices, contracts and banking all in once place. And it helps me send professional looking documents to my clients and connects to my square account.

Cons

It took quite a bit of time to set up, but once I understood it, I was glad I didn’t give up on it.

Molly

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

17hats as a Photographer (solo owner)

In short, was drawn into the service to help cut down the number of software services and just use one service, but the cost was too high for the product I got. I also heavily rely on being able to be mobile AND use my desktop on or offline -- which was not available and the mobile app is not that great.

Overall, left feeling like I invested in a waste of money with a frustrating experience... this was my first experience using something robust and I then moved on to find other solutions.

Pros

I love an all-in-one service that can combine these features:

- Invoice / expense management
- scheduling online for clients
- CRM style contact management
- workflows and templates to make my life easier
- nice to look at and easy ux

The idea was there but some work needed to go into the original feature development. A lot of the helpful features felt confusing and a pain to set up. Might be better now but when I used it it was such a headache I did not use a lot of the features that drew me in.

Cons

The software is bundled up to draw you in for your one-stop shop for the list of things I stated. However, one of my biggest pet peeves with up-and-coming companies is their lack of focus to improve the functions of their initial systems in play. After their successful launch and drawing me into their somewhat expensive annual fee, I felt they kept working on new features instead of improving current features that could have used some attention for better UX. I got so frustrated with this that I left. Feeling that I was constantly being asked to spend more money on new features that I did not want.

Reasons for Switching to 17hats

17hats did a great job advertising its features. It was the do-it-all software.... it just didn't pan out to be a good fit at the time. I slimmed down and used MoonInvoice which was a lot more affordable at the time, and now I'm back to needing something more robust. I'm currently using FreshBooks & DayLite CRM.
Karida
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 1/10/2021

Should I stay or should I go?

Pros

It allows you to organize all clients in one area for all members of the team. There are so many options to utilize...but quite a few of the email functions are faulty.

Cons

Emails fail to send on multiple occasions. Scheduled emails fail to send on occasions. Its frustrating to type out a detailed email to a client and then press send; only to find out that it never sent.
Time is wasted. Some "insert" links work, while others don't.
I understand that "user error" can be the case on some occasions, however, if it works on certain days and not on others...its the system.

Top 17hats Alternatives

Rozalind

Reviewed on 8/03/2022

Great CRM but not my favourite

I was with them for years and it was good! Loved their invoicing, loved the price, loved how easy it was to set up and change things but I wished that it had a bit more personal flair that you could add. Being a creative it's so nice to be able to customize price lists and portals a bit more.

Pros

being from Canada I loved that the invoices could be split up to have some items charging GST and some items charging both pst and gst within an invoice. Was my absolute favourite part of the CRM! I also liked how easy it was to set up

Cons

It was a little clunky looking to clients and the client portal wasn't as beautiful as others I've tried.

HoneyBook, Dubsado and Sprout Studio

Reasons for Switching to 17hats

At the time I had a friend who had used it and had said good things so I tried it out and found it easy to set up!
Tiffany
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 20/01/2022

Great CRM, just not for us

Overall, the software is effective but expensive and more complicated in comparison to CRMs we’ve used. The customer service was great though and as long as you have someone that can help you navigate the software the first few times, it could really work for your business.

Pros

We really liked that clients could view and sign the contract and pay the invoice in pretty much one step.

Cons

We had a mentor walking us through with videos and templates. Without their help, we feel that we would have been lost trying to set up our account. Set up is also quite time consuming.

Anne
Anne

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Overall, I like 17Hats, but it's not the all-in-one app I'd hoped for.

Organization. As someone with Attention Deficit Disorder, I rely on my tools to stay on track with my business. 17Hats helps immensely with that. I just wish it was the one app (one app to rule them all!) I'd love to consolidate apps. Saving the money would be nice, but more importantly, I'd like to not have to constantly switch between apps to perform different functions. Still, though, 17Hats is great even used just as a project management tool.

Pros

The workflows. If you have multi-step projects, 17Hats is awesome for organization. It's saved my bacon more than once by reminding me that I'd not completed a particular step. I also like the lead integration and email integration (see above about bacon saving).

Cons

I'd love to be able to ditch my time-tracking software (Freckle) and invoicing / accounting software (Freshbooks), but I just can't at this point. I actually adore Freckle, so they'd have to work hard to beat that, but even compared to Freshbooks time tracking, 17Hats stinks in that aspect. Very clunky.

Regarding invoicing / bookkeeping, I have a couple of main complaints, but they're big ones:
1a) You can't let clients have multiple payment options. You can implement Stripe, for instance, or PayPal. But you cannot have both active at the same time.
1b) Which leads me to the next issue. Payment method is global, not per client. So if you credit cards, for instance, so that clients use ACH transfers (thus saving fees), that's site-wide. But say you have an international client or a client who wants to use PayPal? You have to change your payment method FOR EVERYONE. Granted, it's one click of the button, but meanwhile, anyone paying an invoice is getting option B instead of option A.
2) Profit / Loss Report: This is critical, but you cannot run the whole year and have it broken down by month. To see each month, you have to generate a new report. Freshbooks allows quarterly, yearly, and custom date ranges with a month-to-month total and grand total all on ONE SCREEN.

So while I'm using 17Hats and don't plan to stop, I really wish they'd get their act together when it comes to the bookkeeping aspect of the software. It's not there yet.

Mindy
Mindy
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 8/03/2018

Truly a game changer for my business!

My business is much more productive without having to spend a lot of time on proposals, contracts and invoices. Knowing where each project is in the timeline is very helpful and keeps our projects flowing smoothly.

Pros

17hats is very easy to use - once you get the hang of it. Some aspects are a bit confusing to figure out, but their customer support is amazing and always there to help! Keeping track of invoices and timelines is super easy now and the bookkeeping feature keeps me on top of my finances easier than ever!
The lead generation tool is very useful, allowing us to keep track of potential clients in 17hats right from the start without any extra steps.

Cons

There are some limitations, such as not being able to edit a recurring invoice. When a price changed for a client I had to delete the recurring invoice and create a new one instead of just being able to change the pricing, which I thought was a bit of a time waster. Also, not being able to schedule the invoice for a date in the future would definitely help so I could do things on my time.

Joseph
Joseph

Reviewed on 26/04/2018

The closest thing I've seen to killing all the birds with one stone.

It allowed us to start accepting online payments for invoices and e-signatures proposals. Also, it allowed us to make proposal templates, invoice templates and email templates that can be sent out with a few clicks-- saves us a ton of time!

Pros

17hats does a lot of things (and well!) all within one platform-- proposals with e-signatures, invoices with online payments (via Stripe), bookkeeping, to-do lists and much more. Plus, you can save templates for everything (from proposals to invoices to emails) so you can templatize your whole business, and you can create automated workflows where you can do things like have an email sent out or a task created when a proposal is signed. I've recommended 17hats to many web designers and digital agency owners and use it myself every day. It's perfect for an individual or small team.

Cons

If you have a team, you might still need a project management software. It's not very sophisticated when it comes to assigning tasks and working on things as a team. In our business (a web design and digital marketing agency), we use 17hats to manage all the back office operations, but we still have a project management platform that we use to actually manage projects.

Lee'Ann
Lee'Ann

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

Great platform for all businesses

Pros

There are many pros to 17hats - first, you can try this for free for a month to get a feel for the platform and test out all of the functionalities. It's easy to workflows, integrate email, quotes, invoices, contracts - and you can easily sign off to accept a quote and contract right on the platform.

Cons

I did have some cons when I first used 17hats a few years ago, and stopped for about 6 months and came back after trying something else out. In that time, they had made a bunch of upgrades to the platform and made it much easier to set up new projects and organize all of your documents within each project. As of right now, I don't have any cons using 17hats.

Carmen
Carmen

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

Monetize Your Small Business Faster

The customer service is great. My overall experience over the past three years has been that this is a life saver for my business. One of the best investments that I have made in my business thus far.

Pros

17hats has become a "must have" in my small business. It allows me to easily acquire and follow up on leads with forms that embed easily into my website. The workflows help me to create systems and processes for client onboarding and support. The contracts, canned emails and so much more make it a completely robust, but easy to use system for any service business.

Cons

The only con is that you cannot whitelabel your 17hats website. I prefer a whitelabel option.

Reviewed on 15/06/2018

A full-featured project management system

I tested a variety of practice management SaaS products specific for accounting firms and none came close to impressing me like 17Hats did with its combination of features that I needed and a competitive price. This is impressive given that 17Hats isn't designed for bookkeeping firms!

Since I have implemented my efficiency has improved greatly, I get more done in less time and nothing falls through the cracks.

Pros

I love how easy this program makes it for me to keep track of all steps of my workflows for all of my projects from the initial lead capture all the way through the completion of the project.

The workflow templates make new client onboarding a standardized and efficient process while still giving me the flexibility to adjust to the project's specific needs. The lifecycle gives me an easy at-a-glance status of each project. The calendar and e-mail integration means that all client communications are in one place and I never double book myself.

I really like being able to automate the proposal, contract signing, invoice process. I have only been using this for 2 months and I feel like I have only scratched the surface of what it can do. Customer service is quick to respond, friendly and professional.

Cons

While I overall love this service, there are some things to be desired. There is no phone support available but their e-mail/chat support has been food so far.

The mobile app is very limited in features and glitchy and from what I've seen they are not planning on improve it now that their website is mobile responsive. There are very few integrations, I would love it they could support Zapier.

The client portal is a nice concept but I am not using it because it doesn't have the features I need. Their bookkeeping feature is a joke but I guess it's better than nothing for a freelancer that may otherwise not do any bookkeeping.

Steph
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 13/02/2019

Couldn't do business without it!

Overall, super happy. I've been using for a few years now and am locked in at a great rate. The user interface isn't as pretty as some of the competitors softwares, but it gets the job done and keeps everything organized.

Pros

It has streamlined everything from client inquiry to payment and everything in between! I love that I can send clients a bundle with their quote, contract, and invoice. I use workflows to keep each project organized. My clients also love it and have commented on how easy it is to use from their side.

Cons

There is no way to pull reports/data. I'd like to be able to see how many inquiries came in, turned to bookings, sales figures, etc within certain time frames. I would also appreciate a way to see data from questionnaires. Specifically, I have inquires fill in "where did you hear about me" and it would be great to pull those answers and gather data.

Angel
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 5/08/2020

Good for a single user company

Pros

Easy to set up and navigate. The mobile app is great.

Cons

Only one user allowed per account. Customer service was not easily accessible.

• Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 26/07/2018

I love 17hats!

This software completely keeps my business organized and running smoothly. It is a life saver for sure with lead management, invoicing, contracts, questionnaire and bookkeeping. I would highly recommend 17hats to other companies.

Pros

I love how much time 17hats saves me by setting up the CRM and workflows. I am able to spend more time on growing my business instead of remembering where I left off with each client and my to-do list. The bookkeeping helps me keep my expenses together and easy for my accountant for taxes. The workflows are a complete life saver!

Cons

They are based in Australia so you cannot always reach someone and the 17hats app is not as up to date as using the mobile version of the website.

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 5/04/2018

Amazing CRM Software with incredible support

Pros

17hats does so much more than just the basics. It manages incoming leads, turns them into invoices, and allows me to set up workflows so the system does much of the work for me. It has saved my company a ton of time and probably money, too. The support team is incredibly responsive and helpful.

Cons

The accounting is lacking, but it's not meant to be a primary accounting software. It has the ability to sync with Quickbooks Online which works.

Reviewed on 27/07/2018

Easy way to manage my photography Clients

The ability to organize all of my Clients into a project where I can see their communications, contracts, and invoices at a quick glance.

Pros

This system makes it really easy for me to manage my photography Clients and Second Shooters (Independent Contractors). I love that I get a text alert when I have a new lead, and that I can create inquiry questionnaires that can be imbedded directly into my website. The integration with Gmail and PayPal makes things very easy for services I had already set up for my business. I admittedly don't use all of the features offered in 17hats, but love the ones that I do utilize!

Cons

The insert token/attribute option doesn't always work as expected for my contracts. When I preview them there are a lot of things that end up looking a little funky in regards to spacing. I've taken a lot of time going back and forth to fix these issues before sending to a client.

Brandon
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 21/04/2020

17hats Really Straightens Project Management

I needed a way to organize my projects and to organize my clients' information as well.

Pros

I liked 17hats for its simplicity of organizing my projects and to provide a centralized location to contain all of the information discussed with the clients and to contain an ongoing progress of projects.

Cons

I feel that it's a little rigid. There is not really a flexible way to connect projects and or to arrange all of the projects under a central clients.

Chelsea

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

I have been using it for 2 years with 2 brands

Pros

The ease of flow for customers from their own backend login, to questionnaires to invoice to contract and then payment

Cons

The iPhone App still is very basic and not easy for accomplishing anything it is basically just for viewing documents and invoices

Edie

Reviewed on 5/03/2020

17hats!

My overall experience with 17hats has been great. Even the tutorials are easy to understand!

Pros

I think 17hats is a great software! It seems so streamline and easy to use. I like how the calendar can connect with other calendars that someone may be using, and it keeps all the invoices and emails in one location. Which makes it easy to locate!

Cons

I have not run into anything that I dislike about this software. When running a business, you need a software that will keep things simple and organized and that is what 17hats is all about.

Lauren
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

17 Hats for Business

Overall, we did not end up continuing our services with this company. While the site is well done, easily understood and accessible, we needed a program that was more easily manipulated to fit our product and business.

Pros

This software gave us the flexibility and the organization we were craving in business. The ability to schedule and time emails form events, organize leads and sign contracts were things that we had been seeking for years. Additionally, the interface was very use friendly and easily understood.

Cons

This product was not the best fit for us, as many of the main benefits were not what we were looking for. Additionally, the program would not communicate with other programs that we already purchased as a business. The benefits were very much geared towards small businesses, and were not user friendly with some of our larger more hands on events

Jenn
Jenn
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 15/01/2019

A bit clunky, but can still help streamline your business

I tried out 17hats when I was comparing different CRMs and it just didn't meet my needs. I've worked with clients who use it and love it, so it comes down to personal preference and needs in the end.

Pros

It has some great features for client management, such as relatively granular permissions control within the client portal

Cons

It's not very well-designed. You have to search around to find things a lot of the time and some of the ways the interface is set up just plain don't make sense. I hate the user experience, but that part is my personal preference.

T
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 12/01/2017

17hats to wear - 1 app to use

17hats is a one stop shop type of app. It is perfect for the Solo Entrepreneur. The feature I most enjoyed was the contract/invoice system. As a graphic designer, I could send a service agreement style contract to a client to have him or her first sign that they agree to the terms set forth in the agreement. Immediately upon submitting the e-signature, the client receives the attached invoice which can be set up for full or installment payments. This takes away the need for paper documents and tracking. All of this is set up with one system.

Pros

I like that there are multiple tools built into one app. I used several before switching to 17hats.
I found it easy to use. I was up and running very quickly. It integrates will with payment systems. Most importantly the clients I used it with did not seem to have trouble paying invoices through the app. Finally the electronic contracting invoicing and signature system cuts back on a lot of paperwork and no additional service is needed to use these features.

Cons

Pricing - I am a small company just starting out. I opted to stop using 17hats because there were not enough of options with the payment plan. While I did find a cheaper option I wish I still had access to the great features 17hats has to offer.

Darren

Reviewed on 3/12/2018

Nice product but the tech support team is useless.

I like it for CRM but invoicing is crippled by bad design and very limitedoptions.

Pros

easy to use is nice. CRM is effective. I wish they would allow the product to improve with customer feedback.

Cons

support team will not listen to customer feedback or requests.

Charlene
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 29/03/2021

Not as easy as I thought it should be.

It was to much and not very user friendly.

Pros

I liked the idea that this software could help me keep everything organized.

Cons

I felt like i spent more time learning the software then actually using it.

HoneyBook

Reasons for Switching to 17hats

I didn't I choose Honeybook.
Joshua

Reviewed on 6/02/2017

A great product that will cover everything a small business needs!

I have been using 17hats for over a year now and I absolutely love it. I had bounced from program to program to manage my companies daily needs in accounting and project management but when I found 17hats I abandoned them all for 1 program. I have the ability to manage mu customers, automate invoices, keep track on my book keeping, set up work flows with auto triggers, manage my calendar, lead management, and more!

If you have a small business then I would strongly recommend you checking them out!

Pros

Having all the tools I need in 1 spot to manage the daily business needs.

Cons

Needs a more robust phone app covering all the areas the website covers.