Caterease Reviews

About Caterease

Caterease Software is the most popular catering and event planning application available with over 50,000 users worldwide. Because of its flexible design and optional packages, Caterease is the perfect solution for event...

4.1
4.2

Browse Caterease Reviews

Shirley

Reviewed on 26/07/2018

We have used this software since 2000 and LOVE the ease of use and customer support

Happy Customers!!!

Pros

Ease of use, professional quality documents for our customers, Customer service is always very helpful

Cons

I can't think of a thing we don't like about the software we use it daily and have never had any issues - this is truly the easiest and most complete software to manager our catering business

Danny

Reviewed on 7/08/2018

I Never Want For Anything

I really do love this system. You can check overlapping of events.. it has flags that identify each event as
"Tentative" if they have not yet committed, "Definite" if they have and other important markers. You can customize HOW you want to see or view most things. I really could not imagine that anyone would not just
love this system.

Pros

It covers just about anything you could want it to do. There have only been a few things ever I wished
it could do and it couldn't. It is easy to use and reports are easy to obtain. I really love this software.

Cons

No Quickbooks interface. It would be nice to be able to transfer an invoice into the accounting system. Instead, I literally have to re-type every event over again into Quickbooks. This can be frustrating when you are receiving deposits or payments on events that are two or three years down the road and need to enter the event to apply the payment to it; along with all of the other daily invoices you have to do. And then keep up with all the menu / rental / room changes and updating THOSE in quickbooks.

I do wish the notes and comments section on events would automatically place the initials of whom ever made the comment and the DATE . This could be tied to your log in. Often times there could be 3 or 4 people working on an event and if they forget to put their name.. and the date.. you dont know who they
are. Also anyone can CHANGE or EDIT another persons notes or comments which I dont like. There is
an "audit report" you can produce that will tell you who did what... but its not that easy to read and it takes some experience of looking at it to understand what the report is telling you.

Response from Caterease

Danny, thank you for the nice review. I do want you to know that we DO have an awesome interface with both Quickbooks desktop and Quickbooks online. One click and you can send information to Quickbooks one event at a time or in batch. Please call your sales representative and they will set you up with it.

Replied 30/08/2018
Alexander

Reviewed on 25/01/2024

Cheap for the program but you get what you pay for

Worst customer service experience I have worked with in regard to fixing the issues we had. As a customer service company who handles clients everyday this program was to be utilized to help that process. In turn it didnt do much of that at all and was an antiquated system that required a connection server that made issues arise everyday. It impeded days of business where i couldn't retrieve my BEOs because the citrix system was down or inoperable. When i would call or email I would generally get sent to more than one individual to try and solve the problem. Functions of the program that where said to integrate, did not and when asked when they would be live again they told me "we're working on it" and it still hasn't been resolved to my knowledge. Even for the money the program is basically a days worth of formula tracking away from being an excel spreadsheet

Pros

The ease of understanding of the windows based screens and exec function of the program

Cons

Customer service, the third party integrations, the antequated system boot

Response from Caterease

We are very sorry to hear that you had issues with our program. Our senior management team has reached out to your company directly but has not heard back. Our records indicate that you had some problems with password resets. While these can sometimes be tricky, we have recently implemented multi-factor authentication into the program which eliminates the need for password resets at entirely. Additionally, we see that you experienced a problem when Google updated their integration platform and broke our interface with their calendar tool. That has been addressed as well and is no longer an issue. We regret that these issues kept you from experiencing the scope and power of Caterease and would be happy to work with you to help you explore the full potential of this program.

Kind Regards,
Chris K.
VP of Corporate Sales

Replied 5/02/2024

Top Caterease Alternatives

Sol

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

The program has revolutionized the ability to move from Mom & Pop to Corporate Seamlessly.

The software has changed my life and given me thousands of hours of time to better manage my business and my employees. Caterease has allowed me to take many companies from paper and pen to the cloud. Caterease has put many of my clients businesses back in their control.

Pros

The ease of use and windows familiar aspects of Caterease are perfect. Mark and the sales team have helped me as a food service consultant serve many of my clients needs. Customer Support is always available and knowledgeable. The software is not just a program but a catering operational system. I am able to customize so many parts that makes the system adapt to any company with comfort. I started using caterease years ago and the company has made updates many times and has made it exciting to look forward to. Years ago i would spend countless days and weeks making complex spreadsheets to calculate so many informational needs that i had to repeat weekly. Caterease has been built with so much functionality that my weekly repetitive work has dropped down to almost zero and my time as well as my employees time has spiked in productivity. This Software is priceless!!!!

Cons

What i like least about the software was that i had little access to information on events without my computer!! BUT they recently released the Caterease APP.... Now me and my team access event info on our phones and cant be happier.

Clarence

Reviewed on 16/05/2018

Caterease has the best customer service!!

This software produces professional proposals, contracts, and invoices with ease that my staff and the clients love. It also produces very specific paperwork that helps my culinary team and event staff produce and orchestrate the best events possible. The friendly, efficient customer service at Caterease is exceptional!

Pros

We have used this amazing catering software for over 24 years! It has grown and evolved with the industry over the years and remains the best catering software on the market - that I have ever seen. This product pays for itself and the cloud based version allows my staff to work on the fly from any venue, which saves time and money. My staff loves using the Caterease program. The help desk is always friendly, efficient, knowledgeable, and far exceed my expectations of customer service in today's market. They truly go the extra mile!!

Cons

I do not have any cons for this product or the support staff - give it a try - you, your staff and your clients will be glad you did!

Response from Caterease

Thank you, Clarence, for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with Caterease. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. You get five stars in our book, as well!

Replied 28/05/2018
Candi

Reviewed on 1/08/2018

Makes my job so much easier!

Pros

This software is fabulous - you can access your program from anywhere in the world when you have Caterease Connect. The reports/queries are easy to manipulate to find the requested data. The engineers listen to our specific needs - requests show up in the next build! The software is VERY simple to use and can be customized for specific needs. The mobile app is great to check upcoming events on the fly. You can run a query to see how much of each item on your menu you've sold for a certain period of time, the forecast what the change in revenue would be if pricing increases/decreases. You can compare sales for a certain month /period to previous years, forecast future time periods and more. The time savings is phenomenal. What used to take hours can be produced in minutes. Our company has used Caterease for so long, I don't know how we would function without it.

Cons

The ONLY problem I have is sometimes tech support doesn't answer the phone because they are tied up on another call. BUT, emailing the support desk usually gets an answer quickly.

Reviewed on 1/02/2019

Caterease Connect helped bring our events process into the 21st century!

Pros

I love the versatility of this software. It allows you to input information once and send it to many. It also provides real time reports, invoicing and event orders with one click! Because we use the web based software, I can access it anywhere I have internet connection or phone service. It allows smooth exporting to the calendar that our entire organization uses and allows others to read or print any set up information they need.
Since it is similar to Microsoft office in it's layout, it is very user friendly from the beginning. Service has been outstanding. with the chat feature and emails and FAQ sections for technical assistance there is virtually no wait time when you need help.

Cons

Only 2 things I don't like:
There is sometimes a lag when Google updates are released for Caterease to catch up. This causes headaches with my public event calendar.
To run caterease you have to have citrix installed and that can conflict with some programs causing your computer operation to slow down. (Especially with older models.)

Reviewed on 13/02/2018

Great product that makes business easier.

It makes our work easier.

Pros

The software is great overall! It interfaces with so many different programs, and it's been a huge help that makes our job easier. There is always more to learn about the software, so it's nice to keep adding to the list of abilities. In the past, we used two different programs for booking and invoicing, so it's a huge time saver. Our team only has to make updates once, so it minimizes potential for error.

Cons

I've had a support ticket for what seems like a simple fix in for a few months, and haven't really received much feedback on it. Also, if there is an issue with the interface, the support staff for each different software says that it is a problem with the other software, so that has been a little difficult.

Response from Caterease

David - Thank you for the kind words! According to our records, you seem to be using a fairly old version of our program. As you probably know, your updates are completely free - and I have confirmed that the feature you requested will indeed be included in our next release (in testing now). As a matter of fact, we improved upon the request by adding a couple of options! Thanks again! Chris Kopriva Caterease Software

Replied 13/03/2018
Jason
Jason
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 5/04/2019

Buyer Beware! Deceptive Pricing & Salespeople

It's been absolutely horrible.

Pros

Caterease seems to be a very full featured program... unfortunately we never really got the opportunity to use it

Cons

Their sales reps and pitches are extremely deceptive!

- They advertise a monthly price, but that is for 1 user with a fairly limited feature set. If you were one user, there would be no need for a program like this.

- They have "teaser" pricing -- give you a discount in year 1 (which they make up for with an implementation fee) -- and then scale it up in subsequent years. They're not stupid -- they know that this platform would be very hard to transition away from.

- They will say anything (including lie right to you, over email) to get you to sign up. When you call them out on their lie on day 1 of implementation, sorry, no refunds.

STAY FAR AWAY

Response from Caterease

Jason,

I'm very sorry you were confused by our pricing - but please know that it is never - ever - our intention to be deceptive. Indeed, we couldn't mislead you if we wanted to; every piece of information about Caterease, from video tours to detailed pricing, is all easily available on our website.

Please also know that our pricing is structured for the exact OPPOSITE reason than you assumed. Rather than trying to "tease" anyone, we have deliberately arranged less expensive ways for smaller companies to get into the program more affordably - and then their program can grow along with them as it helps their business grow.

In any event, we regret that you misunderstood - and of course we are more than willing to work with you. Give our office a call. I'm confident we can work this out.

Caterease Sales Management

Replied 1/06/2019

Reviewed on 7/11/2017

Loved using Caterease, was a bit of a struggle to learn

Loved having all info in one digital and accessible place.

Pros

I love how you can implement other software with it like Allseated and Constant Contact. It is also so detailed and allows you to keep all your info into one digital place!

Cons

I will say that it is a challenge to learn and because of the viewing settings, all users can customize their views which makes t nearly impossible to use any one else's.

chris

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

Buyer Beware

The sales team did not really describe the complexity in setting up this program. Basically you get a complete catering program that must be built up from ground floor by the client. I spent months trying to switching from my current catering software program and never was able to get the program to work. Finally after a few months we took a loss on the money and abandoned the program all together. I could only see the program working for a large company with an IT department that could handle programming the systems to fit the organization. NOT for any form of a small business.

Pros

Caterease has a ton of options. But all must be programmed by the client. High level of computer knowledge and time required.

Cons

Everything is very complex and must be programmed. Our team went from spending hours booking clients to hours learning and programming Caterease. Very very complex and requires a ton of hours to set-up. We even started losing money because all our time was spent setting-up the program. Nothing with this program is "Ready To GO". Very bloated. Many systems are listed in different areas creating a very congested and bloated feel to the UI

Response from Caterease

Chris,

I¿m very sorry you¿re having a tough time transitioning to your new Caterease program. We are well-known for our extreme ease-of-use, but sometimes people who are not used to common Office Products have a slightly tougher time adjusting. Please stick with it ¿ and know that our entire team is here to assist however we can!

Caterease is also known for its amazing flexibility ¿ so much of the program, from screens to prints, can be completely customized. Of course, we deploy the program ¿ready to go¿ with default settings. However, if a user like you wants to completely customize things to his particular needs, that does require a little setup on your part. Most programs don¿t let you customize anything at all. With Caterease, you can simply use the robust, complete program we send you straight out of the box or choose to customize it yourself!

Replied 10/12/2018
Kristen
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 4/07/2022

Good Event Management Tool

Pros

Easy to enter prospects, create proposals and manage clients.

Cons

Some of the reporting tools are lacking, email blasts to groups are limited and the software doesn't seem to be able to evolve as quickly as it should.

Caryn Roland, Heirloom Cuisine

Reviewed on 27/04/2013

Caterease requires a stronger connection

The problem with Caterease is that I office out of my home and live in an area with satellite only internet connection. Caterease requires a stronger connection. This was never told to me in the beginning and not until I had paid for the software and tried to begin using it. After months and months and months of problems, I am finally starting to use the software (I purchased the software in September. This is now April.) They system is slow, at best, and I have to reboot it several times a day. I have to quit using it around 3 pm when apparently my satellite gets too busy. Had the Sales Manager told me the requirements of the system, I would not have purchased the system. The requirements listed in the original set up stuff is vague. My IT guy assures me that we comply with all the requirements. AT&T does not service my area. The only landline internet connection is through a shabby cable company who wants to charge me $$$$. I still believe the proper thing to do would have been to refund my money. I am using the software now because I paid for it and am going to make it work.
I remain disappointed in the sales department, the customer service department and in the whole process. The software is slow and hard to learn. The tech support Caterease offers is great and I have so appreciated their assistance. But there is not training available with purchase (unless you pay more), everything is an upgrade and the whole experience has been less than pleasant.

Pros

Cons

no training available with purchase (unless you pay more), everything is an upgrade and the whole experience has been less than pleasant

Reviewed on 22/05/2019

Wonderful Program

my office really loved this program ,

Pros

Caterease makes a smooth and functional job entering and viewing of catring data , easy for both clients and staff to use . The program is constantly adapting to the needs of the clients and listens to the needs of catering professionals

Cons

the tracing function was in need of improving but the programs itself updates and adapts frequently

Travis

Reviewed on 17/05/2018

Caterease and its support staff is AWESOME

Pros

Ease of use, our entire team from FOH to BOH, chefs and sales team are huge fans of using this software!

Cons

nothing! this software is really fantastic! it is easy to use, user friendly and the customer service is amazing!

Response from Caterease

Thank you Travis for such an nice review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours and your teams and we don't take anything for granted. Cheers..

Replied 28/05/2018
Kim

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

The customer service was great. They helped us get the most out of the software.

Pros

It is incredibly convenient to help run my business out of. Having everything in one place makes life so much easier.

Cons

I did have to go through many tutorials to understand how to use a lot of it. However, the tutorials helped so much.

Taylor

Reviewed on 2/12/2021

Great User Interface

Pros

It was easy to use but was customizable to our needs

Cons

Some features weren't super intuitive and took many steps to get what we needed

Brent

Reviewed on 29/04/2020

Effective Management Tool

CataerEase is an all in one tool to manage every part of your business.

Pros

The ability to manage all aspects of an organization through one tool is a valuable feature that sets CaterEase apart from the rest.

Cons

Learning curve to get started was a bit more than I expected but through trial and error, training and provided resources, I was up and running in no time.

Reviewed on 6/08/2018

Caterease Review

Pros

It was very functional for catering management. I liked how everyone could update it in live time.

Cons

It was a little clunky in some places. But I also think it could have been set up better on management end.

Justin
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Great features, but a major learning curve

The program will work for us and help achieve our goals, but it takes far more work to get the framework in place than we anticipated.

Pros

The system is very robust and offers a tremendous amount of personalization. I love the incorporation of our menus and various options to streamline the process.

Cons

The system boasts windows like usability. This is an exaggeration - it takes a ton of building the framework and learning the processes. Very complicated.

Donn

Reviewed on 3/01/2014

Best in the Industry

Having numerous restaurants and a few catering companies under our realm, a few years back we started the quest for a software that encompasses all our needs for both types of businesses. In researching our options for what seems eternity the clear choice at the end was Caterease. The ease of the options is pretty amazing. With so many options within the software one would think it would be mind boggling, hats off to the programmers and code writers at Caterease for making the ease of use a priority. I must also mention the upgrades which we subscribe to are very in depth and well thought out as well as having a top notch Customer Service team, I'm impressed and suggest any and all looking for a catering software, start with Caterease because everything else pales in comparison.

Lauren

Reviewed on 7/05/2018

worth it

Pros

It is very user friendly and easy to use. I really like this software and would recommend it to anyone.

Cons

It is more expensive than it should be. To learn more about the software you have to pay even more than the first time.

Response from Caterease

Lauren,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. As a note, I did want to point out that Caterease is actually cheaper than most other programs in this industry. Our Express version, for example, has more time-saving tools than any other application and is available for as little as $68/month. And access to our large, knowledgeable, friendly support team is included free with your subscription!

Thanks again for posting, and please be sure to let us know if you ever have any questions about the program.

Replied 10/05/2018
Francesca

Reviewed on 12/06/2015

Caterease has been a huge component of our success

Caterease has provided value for our company we are able to stay organized and be efficient with all of the tools it has to offer. The time we save when running reports has been a huge help as well. We are able to gather real-time data within seconds, which allows our sales and operations team to perform at the most optimum levels. The tech support team is extremely easy to get in touch with. Anytime I have a question, it is resolved within minutes of me calling. They are constantly improving and updating their software and are always open to feedback on what they can incorporate next time.

Brenda

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

We would be lost without Caterease!

Caterease has systemized our processes so professionally, we beat our competition in service, information and details every time! We are able to create a proposal in minutes after speaking to the potential guest, giving them a tangible connection to us, detailed information that makes them feel empowered and that leads to a loyalty you don't receive by giving away information on the phone and waiting for them to get back to you. It's flexible, easy to use, and very customizable. We highly recommend it!

Amy

Reviewed on 24/03/2015

Can't imagine my business without Caterease

I had owned my BBQ business for years before finally deciding to find a software to help streamline all aspects of my business and I am SO glad we decided on Caterease. We've been using it for years now and I truly believe that the growth of our business is because of this software. It does it all. I've added all kinds of things to my program since we started and not only does it keep getting better, it's still super easy to use. Do your business a favor and get Caterease.