Square Online Reviews

4.7

4.7

About Square Online

Square Online is an eCommerce solution that helps businesses in retail and hospitality industries create and launch websites with a custom domain name using built-in templates. The centralized platform allows organizations to...

Browse Square Online Reviews

Casscilla
Casscilla

Reviewed on 19/02/2020

My square store

overall, I love the product, It help me get my starter business ope and running when I had no idea how to start it SQUARE ONLINE STORE got me what I need and how I needed it to be done so that I could be my best.

Pros

Well first of all it's free you can not beat that no matter how you slice the deal. Finding out what kind of store you are wanting to open. Will you be offering single shipping out will you be shipping multi items for shipping. And if you will be shipping the items or if someone will be picking the items up from you.

Cons

no bad thing s to say about this peace of software. It ask all of the right questions to get your new business up and running no mater wat it maybe that you are trying your hand at this software is ware business will come.

Caretha
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 22/06/2021

Review For Square

Great ! Experience and they are top the line merchant services that I have ever known.
I look forward to more upgrades like Weebly and more of their great , convenient , easy to use, feature and services.

Pros

The merchant service fit my business industry, products and services. The upgrade of services and feature are awesome!

Cons

Need a easy shipping on the online website shipping admin with the weight, shipping prices and a easier one time payment link just for businesses without the campaign because it is political. So make a separate link that fits embed code on the features and make it easier to embed. And I can not receive what ever business sales amount of a purchase over 50,000.00 each transactions. I have to make partial payments through the website for one purchase transaction (For Example: if a sale is 115,000 and the transaction only excepts 50,000.00 per transaction; so there will have to be 3 purchase transactions. That's horrible. I need only one transaction per purchase at any price and they can still add other purchases if selected and add to total.

Benjamin
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 17/06/2021

Has some great features, but also plenty of glitches

Overall, Square Online has improved a lot since we started using it at the end of 2019. We love the delivery and curbside pickup features. There are still improvements that could be made, like setting up a subscription program to encourage recurring orders. Most of the features are pretty basic (customer loyalty program, 'similar items', etc.) - we wish there was more ability to customize features so they better meet our needs.

Pros

Creating our website through Square Online was pretty easy, especially for someone without a background in web design. The inventory management features and integration with Square POS is great!

Cons

Just beware, there seem to be a lot of bugs with Square Online and getting ahold of customer service via phone is not easy. You have to jump through several hoops before they will give you a phone number to call. This can be very frustrating when the website is having an issue that needs immediate attention. Once you do get ahold of customer service, if your issue is not deemed 'high priority' it can take them weeks/months to fix it, if they ever do at all.

Top Square Online Alternatives

Mihaly

Reviewed on 1/04/2024

My opinion square app

my general experience is ok regarding square online if you are starting a small or big business square is what you need

Pros

I can say that everything works in general, how can I take payments with my tap phone

Cons

You must have a good internet signal on your phone for the app to work well when you pay with your tap phone

Gina

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

Easy to use, flexible and intuitive

Nothing but thumbs up overall. We have used several other POS programs and by far think the value of Square can't be beat.

Pros

Ease of use and an excellent support team makes Square Online a fabulous option. The templates are designed to look good on both desktops and mobile devices. Very modern and intuitive. Super easy to set up and learn. Integration with Square Retail catalog is good.

Cons

I wish I could copy design elements from one web page to another. The template layouts are also a bit restrictive. Would be nice to have CSS access to fully customize. Would also like the item description to sync with Square Retail without losing the design elements.

Revel Systems and Lightspeed Retail

Reasons for Choosing Square Online

Integrated credit card processing, ease of use, excellent price point, accessible customer support/

Vend

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

Integration with Square Retail for our brick and mortar business.
Laura

Reviewed on 16/06/2021

I love this site and it's features

I love how overrall easy it is to use Square from the initial taking of payment, organization of reports and invoicing and the value you get for a nominal price.

Pros

Great value for the money, templates make starting up easier than you can imagine, time saving and organization right at your fingertips.

Cons

Some editing features are difficult to understand when adding pages or sections to online platform. Would like to see more instructions or easier to understand instructions when adding products and customization to pages and sections.

Reasons for Choosing Square Online

I did not like the cost of the fees associated with PayPal nor did I like the invoicing as compared to Square.

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

Easier to use, better invoicing, better and more widely used devices for payment and a brand everyone knows.
Jessica
  • Industry: Fine Art

Excellant Switch

I used paywall and stripe before finding square. Square is QUICK to get your money to you and will take contracts into consideration when a client disputes, which is really great. Customer service is hard to get to, you have to go through a series of articles to find help & there is no one to actually talk to when you can't find the answer int he articles.

Pros

I like how easy it is to add a customer & create/send/edit invoices for them.

Cons

I wish square was compatible with my online gallery service (pixieset) and I wish that I could see invoices from HoneyBook in my square dashboard! It is difficult having everything in different sites.

Kathleen

POM’s Review

Pros

Easy to use, affordable, quick to manage inventory, professional templates.

Cons

I wish there were a multi-select option when Bulk Editing items onto the website (as in, putting in category and marking visible at the same time).

Shopify Plus and Shopify

Reasons for Choosing Square Online

Inventory Management and syncing in-store and online sales.

Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

Ease of template/use, inventory management
Eric
Eric
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 4/11/2021

Simple & Robust Site Management for Small Businesses

Overall enjoy it and won't change from it for now. Since we've opened, we've had no down time related to hosting issues, would reccomend.

Pros

Ease of use was the biggest draw to this product. Everything was a breeze to setup and was able to start selling our products within minutes of uploading photos and descriptions, couldn't be easier.

Cons

The software lacked the robustness of others. As far as features, some are limited in functionality where others had some small glitches.

• Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 14/07/2022

I made a quick website since I was already using their POS and appointments

Easy and satisfying to use. It's not as customizable as SquareSpace, but it looks good and integrates with a decent amount of third party apps.

Pros

I like how easy it was to create a simple website that looks good and works well with little issue.

Cons

Square Online is meant to go along with their other services, such as POS, inventory management, online shops, appointments, etc. It's not trying to be highly customizable, but it is just customizable enough to do a fine job for most small businesses.

Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

I needed something fast with a short learning curve.

Great All-In-One Product for Small Business

Overall I am throughly impressed and satisfied with Square. It is my understanding that the few issues I have with them they are in the process of releasing at some date in the future.

Pros

The overall ease of use is pretty simple. I also love having everything I need in one place. Payroll, POS, website, Google integration and so much more!

Cons

There is currently no pay in 4 option, which I feel hurts a retail business like mine.

Shopify Plus , Clover and Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

Square had the most features at the best price.
Karen Mardell

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

The best business user platform available!

Excellent. Great customer service, follow up, and explanation's when needed.

Pros

Customers rave on the ease of use and it's super easy to navigate, edit, or update.

Cons

Sometimes, it can be difficult to find the location to make a change to the site.

PayPal and Schedulicity

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

Less time to set up, very customer friendly, pricing, service, and platform use.
Amy
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

A Small Business With a Big Agenda

Love it. I always have. Smart, affordable and easy to use. I especially like the fact that the two times (over ten years) that I needed tech support, I was able to talk with a person in minutes.

Pros

As a businesswoman and an artist on a mission, I appreciate having an easy to use platform for promoting and selling my work. I don’t like to spend much time on a computer, but if it’s helping me be successful, I’m in. Square offers all the tools I need in a value packed package.

Cons

Least? I suppose when I went from swipe to chip I dropped my phone handing it to a customer for a signature. Lesson learned.

Heather
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

Excellent Product with Hidden Costs!!

Functionality of the website and operation is excellent. Customer service and knowledge of staff is not what it should be and information regarding fees is unclear.

Pros

I loved how easy everything was and that it was very similar to the way Apple products work.

Cons

There are a LOT of hidden costs with Square. We were going to use Square for our entire operation as it has features for a food business that no one else in the market has. Unfortunately Square charge 50p per online order that is not explained clearly on their website. As we process thousands of orders per week that cost is huge compared to rivals. Square were unable to provide an explanation of what that 50p per order was for and as it can’t be justified we cannot transfer our complete customer base to Square.

Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

We only use Square for selected customers at certain festivals.
Abhyona
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

It does what it says it’ll do!

Overall I enjoy square, it does what it supposed to do and I can’t really complain.

Pros

I really like squares booking platform, the ease of which customers can access the site, select a service, and book an appointment. I also like the fact that excepting payment is very easy, not as time consuming as other platforms or means, and allows me to efficiently and effectively check out clients upon completion of their service.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is that I am unable to customize text messaging. Having the ability to customize text messaging is important for my business as it allows me to further extend my brand voice via text communications to clients. I also dislike the fact that I am unable to pick and choose what types of services require a contract and which ones do not. I would also love to have the feature to implement a questionnaire for new clients or existing clients to learn a little bit more about them prior to their service.

karen

Retail shop review

Pros

Easy to use - love the integration with my POS in-store. I don't have to worry about purchasing an additional app to manage inventory.

Cons

I wish they had a gift registry option - that would make this almost perfect!

Shopify POS , Vend and Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

Pricing, ease of use, least amount of issues described by other users, transportability (events outside of B&M), no need for additional apps to manage inventory between systems.
Stephanie

Easy to Use for Professional New Small Businesses

Overall, I’ve been pleased with my experience with Square. I was glad to be able to re-negotiate my processing fee earlier this year, and the online store was really helpful during the beginning of the pandemic.

Pros

My business features both a retail store and a distribution branch, and being able to manage both areas of my business through Square has been wonderfully helpful, especially during my first year of business. The user interface is intuitive and easy-to-use for my staff, and adding and deleting items from the sale screen is quick and easy. Keeping my distribution items separately categorized and off of the retail display makes managing both parts of my business even easier.

Cons

I’ve had some issues with taxes being calculated properly, as I have tax applied to some items and not others. When I calculate what this should be on my own versus what Square says, the numbers haven’t always matched up. Also, getting photos to appear on the same item across devices (Square register, Square app, Square online) hasn’t always worked and has required me to upload the image for a second time or to change the image format.

Michelle
  • Industry: Restaurants

Long Times Square Supporter

Pretty great for all the years we have used it and it has improved since we started using it!

Pros

Easy to setup - and easy to train staff!

Cons

Customer merging issues, some reporting issues

Clover

Cost and better tech

Aloha Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

Easy to understand and could use on tablets

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

Business Management all in one place!

Love that I can track all inventory in my brick and mortar and online all in one place without extra work. It all happens in the background, and I can focus on other areas of business. Recently added employees and began using payroll. Makes life so simple to track employee hours, maintain schedules, and complete payroll with just a few clicks. It even reminds me to complete my payroll, which I am sure my employees appreciate.

Pros

As a small retail business that is growing rapidly, Square has given me the ability to start with basics and expand as my business has grown. Love that I can manage inventory, marketing, payroll, my online store and loyalty program all in one place. Such a time-saver.

Cons

The online store features have continued to grow this past year, but even being fairly knowledgeable about web design, it has taken some time to find ways to add bells and whistles that take the website to a more professional level.

Spencer
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

A thoughtfully-designed and feature-packed site builder that is painless to navigate!

I'm really satisfied with how simple my Square Online site was to create, and is to stylize and update. It looks fabulous, even with the robust free features, but it's a powerhouse with the analytics on the backend. I love that I can link my Square Online site as a subdomain to be able to use it as a booking website for my photography business. Cutting down on email communication with clients, which has Square Online has made possible through its Square Appointments integration with Square Online, has been an invaluable tool for prioritizing time in-person with my clients. Square Online looks great, it's functional, and it's easy to use. It's a primary tool in my business' toolkit.

Pros

For how feature-packed the product is, It's very user-friendly to navigate and set up. For how great the complete product looks, it shouldn't be so simple to use.

Cons

Connecting my Square Online site a subdomain was not a simple task. Establishing the SSL certificate credentials with my web host took a little extra time.

Fred
  • Industry: Military

Reviewed on 16/06/2021

Finally a Website that is easy to use.

My time is important. I dont want to spend my time building or redesigning pages, I want to spend it with my products. Getting them described, priced and listed.

Pros

The ability to add multiple photos and contiually edit photos is probably what I like best. Description of product tells only some about the product. Buyers want to see it. I can easily edit the photos and rearrange them for renewed interest.

Cons

My products need a numbering system that a buyer can easily see and add when asking me questions about the product. Many customers want to use Pay Pal.

Scott
  • Industry: Farming

Log Cabin Review

Very Good

Pros

Ease of use, free reader and initially lower cost.

Cons

The added per transaction fee. When I signed in, there was no per transaction fee. I see fruits at Farmers' Market which means relatively low sales per transaction.

low cost
Daisy

Jd Wireless

I enjoy square I’ve been a member with them since 2017 and will continue to do so I just purchased a square stand for an iPad and will purchase a register to have an easier layout when making transactions.

Pros

I enjoy using Square because it is so easy and user-friendly. My employees just get right on it no need to show them 1 million times because it is that simple I enjoy it and I love to recommend other people to use it as well it’s also inexpensive and I enjoy it because it just takes some money right out so I don’t have to worry about paying no fees at the end of the month it’s already done

Cons

The least I like is how my reader disconnects but it’s fine I’ll just reconnected every day that’s the only downside

Alesha
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Stylist Review

Pros

Easy to use and I love all of the extra features.

Cons

I wish to allowed reviews to be posted on social media.

Jordan
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

Best scheduling app I’ve ever used!

My overall experience so far has been positive. It saves me a headache most days, and keeps me super organized. Before square I just used my Apple calendar, which was a nightmare because of other non work related things interfering with my appointment. I have told almost everyone about this software because it’s really a superior application over anything I’ve used in the past. I am a highly satisfied customer!

Pros

The scheduler & the website have served me most purpose. I also really enjoy the ability to check out my customers, and keep record of all of my finances. I know that my customers have really enjoyed & appreciated the appointment notice they receive the day before their appointment, and the ability to reschedule if necessary. It has really freed up a lot of my time to do school work (full time student). I am not having to constantly remind & respond to everyone. I am highly satisfied with square, and am happy to continue using it!

Cons

I don’t have any big cons with this software. I think the only thing that was a little bit of a struggle to get used to is when I schedule new customers I have to be extra careful about inputting their information or else they are put into my system incorrectly.. which sometimes leads to scheduling mix ups.