Jobber Reviews

About Jobber

Jobber is a cloud-based field service management software solution that allows small and midsize service businesses to manage field staff, provide customer support, and expand business operations either through a mobile app or a...

4.2

Browse Jobber Reviews

Andy
Andy
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 2/02/2019

Jobber is the BEST

I first started using jobber almost 5 years ago when I decided to test out the free trial. Since that day, I have continued using the software and have grown my business over 400%. I think one of my favourite parts about jobber is the level of exceptional customer service; not only online but also in person. Additionally, my work flow for my business has improved a vast amount over the years. Invoicing: What used to take me hours, is now a simple 30 minute task. Quoting: What used to be done on a scrap piece of paper, is now done on my iPhone. Scheduling: What used to be done on excel, is now organized through the online calendar which can be accessed anywhere, anytime. Overall, I would recommend jobber to anyone running a service based business, and would be happy to answer any further questions.

Pros

-The jobber platform is very easy to use and can be learned quickly.
-Batch invoice creation is extremely helpful.
-Jobber makes quoting, booking and scheduling jobs a breeze!
-Having a client hub is a real crowd pleaser.

Cons

Jobber is overall a 5/5 software system that has been the best thing for helping my business grow. Over the almost 5 years of using Jobber, the only thing I would like to remind people is that once you delete something, there is no way to get it back. I accidentally deleted an invoice once, and it was gone for good. This was my mistake, so as long as you're more cautious than I was that day, you'll be good.

Response from Jobber Software

Andy! Thanks so much for this thorough feedback. We're so proud to work with your team and are so glad to hear we've been able to help make improvements across your processes.

Unfortunately we can't always recover deleted items, but sometimes we can, so always feel free to reach out to our Success Team in the event we can recover something just in case.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review :)

Replied 23/04/2019
Olivia

Reviewed on 28/04/2023

Jobber Customer Support Employees Deserve a Raise

Pros

Jobber definitely has a learning curve. Any time I have ever had a question, though, Jobber support has been ULTRA helpful. Now that I am comfortable with the software, I love it. The setup makes it so easy to see what needs to be done so I don't miss anything, and the step-by-step process makes quoting, scheduling, and invoicing very streamlined.I find myself going "Oh, cool, Housecall Pro wouldn't let me do that" often.

Cons

The top two main concerns are issues with multiple contacts under a profile and calendar colors. I have no way of knowing what phone number/email goes to who, and I have up to 7 numbers under some of our commercial accounts. I need to be able to custom label numbers/emails other than "Work, Mobile, Home" Calendar colors is the only thing I miss from Housecall Pro. I could enter the HTML color code which made it so much easier to tell people apart on the calendar. While I'm at it, I'd like to be able to click and drag things at 15 minute intervals instead of 30 minutes; that would save me so much time.

Response from Jobber Software

Hey Olivia! This was such a detailed review, so thank you so much for sharing this with us! It's so nice to know that our Support team was able to help make sure you were set up and feeling comfortable with Jobber and that you've now got everything in place so that you won't miss anything.

Really appreciate you flagging those concerns to us too! Our Support team can definitely offer suggestions for both the contact info you're needing to be more clearly labelled and calendar colors, so feel free to reach out to us to chat more about those pieces. It'd be great to hear from you!

Replied 11/05/2023
Tim

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

JOBBER is amazing

Pros

It has made our daily functions easier, especially when it comes to customer communication and interaction.

Cons

One downside I have noticed is that when searching for a job or quote, it requires scrolling down to find it. It would be more convenient if the jobs were organized into tabs such as "waiting to be signed," "signed," "scheduled," "invoiced," etc.

Leap

Reasons for Switching to Jobber

Seems to work better for what we needed.

Top Jobber Alternatives

WorkWave Service

QuickBooks Online Advanced

BRIAN

Reviewed on 4/01/2024

EASY TO USE - VERY BUGGY - SLOW CUSTOMER SUPPORT

LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP!

CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS NOSE DIVED.... VERY GLITCHY... SOME THINGS CAN BE VERY FRUSTRATING AND NOT MAKE SENSE.....DUPLICATE INVOICES...i WOULD EXPLORE OTHER OPTIONS IF POSSIBLE....

Pros

THE LOOK & FEEL - FUN TO USE...I like the way the control panel is set up.

Cons

VERY CONFUSING - REOCCURRING SERVICES SETUP- INVOICING FROM A JOB CAN SOMETIMES CREATE DUPLICATES - I FIND MYSELF REFUNDING EVERYDAY THE CREDIT CARD FEES JUST KEEP ADDING UP!!!

Housecall Pro, Workiz and Method:Field Services

WANTED A MORE STREAMED LINE SYSTEM TO MANAGE MY DAY TO DAY

Reasons for Switching to Jobber

When i first ourchased jobber the customer service was fast and always available. now its non existant.

Response from Jobber Software

Hey Brain, thank you so much for flagging this. Our support wait times are not something we at Jobber view as an acceptable standard, and we are working to make it better. Our Support team is hiring and training as fast as possible, and we should soon see a reduction in wait time. Thank you for understanding.
We would be happy to help resolve any issues with reccuring jobs, the app being glitchy, and understand what might be making duplicate invoices. Please give us a call at 888-721-1115 ext 1 or send us an email at [email protected] to connect with our Support Team.

Replied 18/01/2024
Quentin
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 19/03/2024

Best bang for buck all in one business management software!

Pros

As a mobile mechanic, Jobber has streamlined running my business; from scheduling appointments to payments and invoicing, it's better! Wish I would've found it sooner.

Cons

I would like to see some of the desktop feature become available on the mobile platform.

Mike

Reviewed on 18/10/2023

Great concept but poor execution!

I have only had problem with jobber since I started. I still use 2 different systems because Jobber doesnt work as it is supposed to. I was misinformed about the product and nothing was really done to rectify the situation. Was asked to work with the develop team but was not giving the opportunity to be compensated for my time and was still charged full price when multiple features with the Jobber app, did not work the way it was supposed to.

Pros

The sales pitch.....unfortunately, poor delivery.

Cons

Optimized routing does not work the way it is supposed to. Job forms that you create cannot even be seen from the active job/visit, that you are on.

Crew Control

Reasons for Choosing Jobber

I switch because of the abilitiy to do more out in the field without having a tablet or laptop with me to run quotes, create and edit jobs andor send invoices.

Crew Control

Reasons for Switching to Jobber

Because I was told that features would work like expected. I was also enticed with a $0 cost per month for initial set up to only spend hours with the develop team. Unfortunetly, the features that I need most, do not work as the should.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Mike, thank you for your review. We're very sorry to hear that your experience with Jobber and routing hasn't been the best since you started. We would like to discuss this further with you to help find a solution, so please give us a call at 1-888-721-1115 opt 1, email [email protected] or reach out via our live chat

Replied 19/10/2023
Mary
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 31/03/2024

CleaningCompany life saver

Pros

This was an immensely helpful product for my cleaning company - using many features including gps when employees clocked in and out, schedules, invoicing and more!

Cons

Probably more
Featured than I would ever use

Nick
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 20/03/2024

Ease of use is king with Jobber

Overall experience has been very good. Jobber works great on a desktop, mobile, and tablet. Allows us to invoice how we want for each job and build out customer accounts with multiple properties which is very helpful.

Pros

How easy it is to use for both customers and teams members. Speed of invoicing is also very simple.

Cons

We have only had one issue with jobber which was solved with having a custom field.

Seija

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

Easy to use and scale

My team and I have been using Jobber daily and have found it invaluable! So many wonderful features!

Pros

Jobber offers so many of the must have things needed to run a business. Scheduling, billing and invoicing, reminders, and so much more.

Cons

I wish it allowed easier ways to add things like blocked time for vacation schedules and such for employees.

tara

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

jobber reviews

Pros

easy to schedule
stores all customers
love the unscheduled column

Cons

when checking if a customer is in the data base - i wish i could hit add new and the info transfer over
easier to schedule call backs not requiring a invoice
wish the colors showed on the app for the team
i dont having to constantly have to refresh the app to see updates

Adam

Reviewed on 15/08/2019

Get you in and keep your money and don't honor trial

Lost Money

Pros

The customer service people were great. The scheduling and time sheet function was quite easy to manage.

Cons

I began using the trial then I receive a call from one of there team and we go over the functions of the product. I asked them about the estimating process and if I could have primary headers and then sub categories and he said yes in the description section. The problem is there is no pricing function in the description area for estimating your job. So I call and they customer service says oh it won't do that it will all have to be entered in per line to do it that way. I then ask is there a way to have services cost not show on the final estimate and it does, but if you add any products that would be bought from a store those items also would end up not showing with a price. So your bid would end up as a sub total with everything combined or you have to show everything to get it to show. Now I have just given a free pass to the owners to pass my bid around to see what I charge per line item. I called them to address this 5 days after signing up based on sales persons information and when I call them to get a refund of the $104 I paid. I asked if I could speak to billing and oh guess what billing doesn't have a phone. So I asked for them to speak with them and I get told since I paid the money to get the discount to move out of the trial and have an account I don't qualify for the 14 day guarantee.

Also, the job form doesn't go along with the job from day to day. It resets to a new job form for each day. So you have to go back find the job in schedule and review there.

Knowify and Buildertrend

Reasons for Choosing Jobber

Because product didn't do what I needed as a plumbing contractor.

Buildertrend

The cost but

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Adam, our customers have many different workflows and are some of the busiest people out there, so being transparent about whether or not Jobber will be a good fit for a business is something very important to us. Because of this we're really sorry to hear if we weren't on the same page about what you were looking for and about your negative experience. A manager on our team will be reaching out to you to gather some more information on your experience, and we'll do our best to help determine the best solution for your business.

Replied 19/08/2019
Joel
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

Overall a great program

Ease of use and quickly putting in jobs. Could do a lot better if their software handled client credit on account and texting freestyle and dropped their monthly payment to more reasonable price for small business to use.

Pros

Great look and ease of use. Works on all devices.

Cons

Compared to other programs like this, The cost for options is quite high. They are pushing more to have credit cards processed through them and have done away with paypal payments. There is only texting of canned messages. My biggest issue. Over all though the $130.00 a month for half way decent options is to high. If you pay a full year in advance then that price goes to 99.00 a month. So charging you 30 more paying by the month is another down fall for this software. To pay in advance for small business it penalizes them. Another downfall is how it handles your clients that over pay or pay in advance by applying credit to their account. I does not handle this very well at all!

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Joel, thank you for your review and this feedback. We'd like to make sure you're getting the most value of your plan so it's more than worth your monthly investment. Please reach out to our Success Team via phone (1-888-721-1115), chat, or email ([email protected]), and we'll do our best to make sure you're getting the most value out of Jobber. We'd also like to collect some additional feedback around what could be more helpful for your business, and do our best to potentially offer some alternative workflows that work best for you and your team. Thank you again for your feedback!

Replied 2/09/2020
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Reviewed on 1/09/2021

Pretty with minimal functionality

Poor experience.

Pros

The software did look nice. They have the touch and feel of a modern CRM / ERP.

Cons

The software has numerous Cons:

1. The schedule view does not have a monthly view when on the mobile app and syncing it with another app removes the purpose of a one stop shop CRM.

2. The "Two Way Texting" does not allow you to initiate conversations with previous customers, or potential new clients.

3. Route scheduling is cumbersome and underdeveloped.

4. Customer support is wildly unaccommodating and rude if you run into a snag when compared with similar CRMs that have a strong focus on customer service.

The list goes on, I like to try all systems on my businesses to see what works best for both back office and field techs. This specifically was one of my worst experiences with a CRM. It was the second time I ever deployed a new system where my field techs were actually more bogged down than they were prior to deployment.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi James, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our mission at Jobber is to make running your home service business as seamless as possible, with a fast and knowledgable customer support team that has your back. We are very sorry to hear that Jobber has not met your expectations.

I've shared this insight with our product teams who work closely with the client communications and routing features. We are always making updates to our features, so feedback like this can help inform how we make additions and adjustments.

Our team would love the opportunity to directly address your product feedback, as well as your experience with our support team. If you're ever back in the market for software or would like to revisit these issues, we would appreciate the chance to connect with you and turn your experience around. We are available at your convenience by phone (1-888-721-1115) or email ([email protected]).

Replied 8/09/2021
Jordan

Reviewed on 18/04/2023

Good, could be more customizable.

We are able to make use of most of the features. For the price, it is worth it. We mainly use it for scheduling employees and keeping track of timesheets. Also, the client Database is quite useful.

Pros

We like the scheduling and the client portal.

Cons

We don't like the invoicing procedure. Having to add everything from the timesheet to the job is tedious and could be done easily with a change to the program.Why not have the option to populate the invoice with all of the current man hours/visits that are on the job when generating an invoice?

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Jordan! We really appreciate your review of Jobber and your feedback! We'll certainly send your comments to our developers.

If you ever have more feedback for us, please reach out to our Support team and they'd be able to provide it to our developers. They may be reached at 1-888-721-1115 opt 1, [email protected], or you can send us a message through live chat.

Cheers!

Replied 27/04/2023

Reviewed on 22/07/2022

A CRM built for the needs of home services!

Overall Jobber is very good. The customer support is friendly and knowledgeable but obviously lack any real input from customers to the devs.
For the most part, they have wrapped up almost everything, but there are a few rough edges that need to be addressed. That said, I have not found a better CRM for home services.

Pros

Quotes are easy
Collect a deposit
Keep cards on file
Ease of Scheduling
Good mobile app

Cons

Unable to give partial returns through Jobber Payments
Need more environmental variables
Better API
More triggers in Zapier
Native texting is lacking in so many ways. Maybe instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, you could partner with a texting/phone/review product like Emitrr.

Zoho CRM and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Jobber

Jobber is better suited to sales that don't go through a sales funnel, the scheduling is a breeze, and the customer's experience is seemless.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Michael, thanks for your review!
If there is anything we can do to improve your experience feel free to get in touch with our success team at 1-888-721-1115 Option 2, [email protected], or by live chat.

Replied 28/07/2022
Andrea

Reviewed on 21/03/2018

Has potential-needs work

Pros

Field staff are able to easily track time in their mobile apps. Client hub is starting to be a valuable tool, it needs work though.

Cons

You can't chat with field workers on their apps. It's difficult to bill from the mobile app. The time sheets don't properly sync with quickbooks. You can't sync your own/bank merchant account to jobber payments. Refunds take 5 days to process, you can't issue partial refunds, or take partial payments. you can't mark an invoice partially paid (construction typically does a 7% hold back of funds) It's tough to see which invoices are still outstanding. Payments do not automatically apply to invoices in quickbooks. No way to edit outline of client reminders to not include appointment times- we would like to only include appointment dates. You can't issue a credit on an invoice. you can't see aged receivables by client. You can't set individual staff availability ie; some needs monday off so it's blocked out. Instead, you have to enter a basic task and complete/delete it so your calandar doesn't get bogged down. You cant batch complete tasks jobs-need to auto complete late visits. you can't set individual payment terms for different types of clients - (one that would be really helpful, would be if issued before a day of the month, its due the following month on a day. needs an hr area for staffing meetings and notes. Clients don't like how they're currently accessing client hub- one suggestion would be a mobile app or a save to favorites button which is easily recognized by clients.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Andrea,

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide this thorough feedback. We wouldn¿t be able to build a product that helps businesses without feedback like yours!

It's great to hear that your team has been able to easily track time out in the field and that you're seeing value from using client hub.

We've noted this specific feedback for our product team to look over and use to help drive future feature updates. We do recognize there are a lot of features that would make Jobber even better for our customers. Because of this we¿re always pushing out new features and updates, so hopefully we¿ll be able to cross some of these items off the list for you down the road!

- Rebecca from Jobber

Replied 2/05/2018
Judy

Reviewed on 18/04/2023

Ease of use

For the most part Jobber is a good software and having used other products doing the same thing I still prefer Jobber to others.

Pros

We use jobber because as a scheduler I can map the day of stops for my techs and see what location in the City they are working. I also liked that it integrates with payments.

Cons

I found the linking with QuickBooks to not be a very functional feature for us as deposits would double in my QuickBooks once I uploaded the invoice. I no longer sync, also my techs have expressed frustration after a update with the mobile app not functioning as well as it used to for notes added to the file for a client.

Response from Jobber Software

Hey Judy!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with Jobber here! Love to hear that the map features especially have been helpful for you and your team with scheduling.

It would be awesome to connect with you to learn more about both the issues you were seeing with QuickBooks and the issues your techs have seen with notes since an app update. We know being able to easily leave notes is huge for techs, so we'd definitely like to do what we can to make that process as easy as possible for the team.

Our Support team can be reached at 1-888-721-1115 (ext. 1), [email protected], or by live chat to help and answer any questions you might have! Thanks again!

Replied 28/04/2023
Raymond

Reviewed on 20/04/2023

Such a lifesaver!!

The customer service is the real winner in this company. They will always go above and beyond to get things figured out for you no matter what it is.

Pros

1. Having our own number when we were on the grow plan was fantastic. 2. Two way texts and appt confirmations3. Route scheduling4. Being able to design your own work orders and invoices with adding your own fields.

Cons

The fact that we love having all the features of the grow plan but we are a two person company and cannot see paying that much for it. We should be able to add on features.

Response from Jobber Software

Hey Raymond! We appreciate you taking the time to share your honest feedback with us very much, thank you! Given that you're a two person company it makes sense that Grow would be a bigger commitment and adding on features as needed instead would be more of an ideal solution for your needs right now. That's good to know!

Our Support team will be so happy to hear they've been able to help you out in the past and that you had a great experience with them. Thanks so much again!

Replied 3/05/2023
Andora

Reviewed on 13/10/2023

Could be fantastic, but lacks features in quoting/estimating and as communication hub.

good

Pros

Very good app except the very basic quoting/estimating, job scheduling and customer communication 'capabilities'. Jobber works very well without glitching both on browser and on app, very clean look, without too much going on to be distracting. However the issues I have with above mentioned make me constantly search for alternatives. If they continue to improve and make changes to these 3 areas, the software would be perfect. I don't see that happening soon though since focus seems to be on integrating very expensive 3rd party apps that don't benefit small businesses.

Cons

The scheduling function is good but could be much better if they allowed for other schedule types that aren't one time or on an easily recurring schedule. For landscape, we have visits on one contract that are weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, twice yearly, etc. So usually between 45-60 visits included in a single quote. But because they don't all fit into a neat recurring schedule, I usually include the highest frequency regular visits like 28 weekly mows, then have to create all the remaining visits one by one!!! the most frustrating thing ever! So much work and it takes so long! Its one of the absolute WORST things about scheduling.There are work arounds of course, but then my jobs are not associated with the quotes that were approved, so all this information is spread out on 8 different jobs, but the deposit and totals only associated with one quote. It is incredibly frustrating when I have to invoice later or trying to get accurate job costing because I have to write everything down or go back and forth between jobs and associate the labor and materials to approved job that has the actual total and I just gave up. It should not be this hard. Also for any jobber people reading this PLEASE allow BULK DELETION of JOBS. Its too many clicks into a job, then you have to click back to the top of the job list page to search for the next one. It should be a button on each job in list or the ability to filter and bulk delete.

Response from Jobber Software

Thank you for the review and feedback, Andora! We really appreciate the detail you shared, especially around scheduling out your landscaping jobs.

This kind of context really helps as we build solutions for small businesses. We will be sharing this with our developers but would also love to discuss possible workflow solutions with you!

A member of our Support team will be giving you a call to help and to gather any more feedback you might have. Thank you again!

Replied 19/10/2023
Clayton
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 2/07/2023

Jobber user since early 2016

Jobber is great - Still needs improvement - We will continue to grow with Jobber!

Pros

Jobber is great & I love it. Since day one we have adapted & curtailed our layouts & formats to what Jobber has to offer - It has worked out very well! JOBBER IS GREAT! I strongly recommend Jobber! However, there are some things that I would love to see changed! Question No. 1 - "Why can we not use BOLD, ITALIC, UNDERLINE, HIGHLIGHTING, ETC (Format options)?" I have been asking this for yrs!Question No. 2 - Can Jobers improve on the accounting side of things? For example: If a customer of ours has a credit of $200 (on their account) & we send them an invoice for $100.00 ***I would like to see this communicated to the customer better! - In British Columbia, our power company (BC Hydro) has a good format that will advise customers that no payment is required (Due to their credit) ***I wish Jober had stuff like this, I wish the accounting side of things was more diverse.

Cons

"Why can we not use BOLD, ITALIC, UNDERLINE, HIGHLIGHTING, ETC (Format options)?" I have been asking this for yrs!Can Jobers improve on the accounting side of things? For example: If a customer of ours has a credit of $200 (on their account) & we send them an invoice for $100.00 ***I would like to see this communicated to the customer better! - In British Columbia, our power company (BC Hydro) has a good format that will advise customers that no payment is required (Due to their credit) ***I wish Jober had stuff like this, I wish the accounting side of things was more diverse. I HATE IT WHEN JOBBER IS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Clayton! Thanks for leaving us such a detailed review!

We really appreciate the feedback you provided about text formatting and credits, and we will be sure to pass it along to the appropriate teams. We would love to be able to develop features based on all the suggestions provided to us, and we're always happy to take any feedback you have as it does help us better understand where we have room to grow.

We can never make guarantees about updates, but please always feel welcome to share your ideas with us and know that we love to hear them!

Replied 5/07/2023

Reviewed on 12/09/2017

JOBBER HAS IT ALL BUT FALL SHORT ON THE BASICS

The basics of what Jobber is built around is route scheduling and can do so much more. The basics of being able to simply organize routes while out in the field (like other apps offer) has been overlooked

Pros

Jobber is a great idea with excellent customer support. The support for this product is through the roof excellent! The overall programming is huge, you can do a ton of stuff with Jobber.

Cons

The Achilles heel is this; jobber is designed to be used as a route manager for administrators and employees. The idea is that an employee can load up his or her daily tasks and go to work. From an employee’s stand point that is easy enough. Click on the first job for the day and they are off . . . . .

First part of the problem we are experiencing with jobber is that if the employee is not within a good service area the photos and service notes for that home will not upload AND WILL NOT be kept in cue until the employee gets into a decent service range. If you have spotty service where your route is this will not work for you. You'll end up going back to paper logs.
FOR AN ADMINISTRATOR - jobber really sets up work nicely for the day, week, and month very nicely BUT has some really important short comings that you should be aware of PRIOR to starting this service..... As an administrator you cannot mass assign or unassign routes to and from employees. You cannot memorize the modifications to a daily route but one click.
JOBBER needs to be able to allow us to set up routes as a whole NOT just individual’s one at a time to create routes. FOR EXAMPLE: we need to be able to go into a master list of clients, click and drag those clients into a “MONDAY A” route and or a “MONDAY B” route and the same for Tuesday and Wednesday etc. etc. . . . . if we want to make changes to a route as a single entity we should be able to do that as opposed to what we have to do now which is change each individual client to be on a different day one at a time for the next 6 months and or 10 years
FOR EXAMPLE, we have three routes per day each route has approximately 20 visits. If an employee calls in sick and we need to reassign 20 visits to another employee we have to do it manually for EACH CLIENT as opposed to just reassigning and entire route to another employee.

WHAT WOULD BE MOST HELPFUL AND CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE FROM JOBBER, would be to adjust routes on the "map" page and have it ask us if we want to memorize the reorganization of that route for all future visits or just that one day. The way that it is limited requires me to go in and manually change EVERY JOB ONE BY ONE to the route organization. This process takes approximately 1 to 2 entire minutes to complete depending on whether or not the visits are reoccurring for the next 6 months or six years . . . . . 1 to 2 minutes times 20 minutes obviously doesn’t work for any administrator at all.....the only way around this is to make the changes daily or weekly which is labor intensive and your will be paying for this each time your employee has to redo the routes.

Joseph

Reviewed on 24/09/2022

Jobber A Maybe for Business

Pros

The software is ok, but has great online support.

Cons

Very poor features, like text communication to clients does NOT go into client communication on the client personal log/file. It is housed in the text platform in jobber. So you have to look into two area to find out all comm. on one client.
Quote from Jobber support:
With the texting service it is through an integration with Twilio, this is part of why it is separated. Were you specifically looking to search for a chat history with a client?
Thank-you for sharing this, it sounds like you would like to be able to have the client communications sent out via text also populated into the communications folder under the client profile (similar to emails), I do apologize this isn't the case at the moment. However I will share this with our product developers to consider for future iterations.
Also if you want to run a simple report like show me all my clients in Az. or Cal. Quote below from Jobber-support.
"The report will show all clients and not just AZ. Unfortunately none of our reports are able to filter by ja specific a state/ area if you service multiple areas. The Excel document would have to be downloaded and filters created in Excel. I can understand how having this available would be important and I can pass this feedback along to our Product Development team."

Response from Jobber Software

Hello Joseph! Thank you for your review and feedback!

Jobber is always updating and evolving, and we appreciate hearing how folks would like it to behave as this helps us understand what matters most to you.

It looks like our Support team has sent your feedback to our development team and hopefully this can be something that is addressed in the future.

Please feel welcome to reach out again if you have any other suggestions or feedback for us. We would love to hear from you!

Replied 11/10/2022
Eric
Eric

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Game changer for Trades businesses

Support and product development are outstanding, other than dual property owners pretty much every issue or 'complaint' I've ever had have been addressed via updates, or with simple education. My Jobber mantra is '... it's probably right in front of me...', and odds are if I need a feature, it likely is in fact already there.
In summary, I have stopped recommending Jobber to any of my local competitors, as it has literally become my single most valuable business tool.

Pros

The user experience is second to none, both Client and User. We continually sell jobs away from competitors due to the ease of quote approval alone, and overall convenience and professional appearance are again best-in-class

Cons

Would LOVE to have the ability to list [2] property owners' names, first & last, when different. In our [SF Bay Area] more often than not we have homeowner-partners with separate last names, and both want to be included on all paperwork... honestly that's the ONLY complaint I can come up with after two years of daily use!

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks for the review, Eric! So glad to hear things are going well and that overall you're enjoying and getting value from Jobber. We've made a note to our Product Team about your request around having multiple pieces of contact info per client as that value with multiple property owners/managers is totally understandable. It's certainly not off the table for future updates. Cheers!

Replied 1/09/2020
Jeannette

Reviewed on 24/08/2017

Job Management streamlined

Pros

#1! Customer service is over the top! Whenever we open a chat we get an answer within minutes. If the answer is no, it gets passed along to the developers.

From Quote to Job (including time tracking) to Invoice to Customer follow-up survey, Jobber has streamlined our process. The sync to Quickbooks has all but eliminated double entry.

Employee acceptance has increased as the mobile website has become more user friendly, even on the smaller screens. Our crew leaders can look at Jobber to see the details the estimator has included in his quotes, and updates as expenses and time sheets are entered.

Team members clock into and switch jobs seamlessly in the app (as long as they have signal-we are in the mountains of southern Vermont). They can also make adjustments and notes on their time sheets. The majority have left paper behind in favor of this system.

Cons

Jobber is not a Lead management tool. We created a work-around by creating a Draft Quote for each new lead so we could pull a report to see how many new leads we have, when they were received, and from where (we added a custom field for Lead Source).

The reporting is good, but in order to get real data from reports we have to export and download and work with them in Excel. Not terrible, but a little clunky. For example, on the Quote reports the date sort is only by "created date", so at a glance we cannot see which or how many were sent, won, or archived within a particular time period.

Entering Expenses to jobs does not sync with QB.

Eduardo

Reviewed on 20/11/2022

BEWARE - Deceptive Practices regarding Yearly Membership

Very disappointed with Jobber. They are quick to close the deal, won't tell you upfront all the T&Cs and once they have you locked in, they will just state that there is "nothing we can do" to help. It was our bad, we didn't ask the right questions and trusted the Sales Rep and the company to be upfront about these things. But oh well... next time.

Pros

Easy to use, but expected for a limited functionally software. Sure it does text, email and has calendars, but this is nothing to be excited about, this is expected. It lacks ability to embed Service Contract within the app (customer does not have to click unto an external link), does not allow for customized Forms for Website and lacks Chat ability for customers that want to ask a quick question.

Cons

Deceptive practice by Jobber. We were still testing and decided to go ahead a pay for the membership in order to continue trying to embed Jobber on our website. Talked to the Sales Rep on the phone, was told that the cheapest plan was to pay the for the year. We asked if we could cancel, was told yes. What we weren't informed of is that once you pay for the year, you will either use the service or loose it. NO REFUNDS. So be aware of this practice and expect nothing but crappy customer service (took [SENSITIVE CONTENT] the Manager 16 days to get back to me).

Housecall Pro and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Eduardo. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with Jobber as this helps us understand the gaps that need to be addressed when we are speaking with our clients about our plans.

We would like to know more about your conversations with us and, if you are willing, please give our support team a call at 1-888-721-1115 opt 2 to discuss. We can also make sure that you are getting value from Jobber for the remainder of your subscription.

Thank you again.