About Caspio

Caspio is a cloud-based, no-code, application development solution for organizations of all sizes. The platform is suitable for industries such as health care, media, government, education, nonprofits, consulting, churches and...

Browse Caspio Reviews

Daniel F. Daniel F.

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

High Feature Low-Code SAS

After trialing a large number of low-code software, this option was a clear winner due to the customizability of apps and compatibility with wordpress.

Pros

Fully featured software. Rock-solid infrastructure. There is few things that we have found can't be done with capsio. Any additional features can be custom developed. Unlimited users, unlimited tables. Dataviews can be purchased cheaply. Specialists also provide very helpful 24/7 live chat support.

Cons

Storing 10,000+ of photos inside the apps can become a bit expensive.

Kissflow Workflow and Zoho Creator

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

Improve security & functionality.

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

Features, security, reliability, industry leadership.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 27/07/2020

Easy App Deployment; Very low code; Lots of functions

Overall Caspio is an inexpensive way to publish your apps. If you have an idea but don't have enough coding experience, or if your team is small, this is an excellent service.

If you are an advance web developer or if you need an app that does some advanced operations, this servive will not fit your needs.

Pros

Caspio is an excellent app deployment tool. Period.

We had the "mid tier" level, so base your expectation accordingly.

Caspio hosts your databases, your user authentication, your web deployments, and hosts all your actions. It's very low code involvement, so if you have an idea for an app, you get it up and running in 15 minutes.

Their customer support is quite helpful and they will back to you, but again, we did have a mid-tier plan.

Cons

While low code involvement is good for quick deployment, it's limitation is lack of flexibility on your own customization. While Caspio let's you customize some of the "look and feel" of your app, advanced operations/visuals are not easy to do and when you can do them, they are clunky.

Liz K. Liz K.
  • Industry: Research
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 24/07/2020

Dynamic software for managers wanting to create apps quickly without IT consultants

My overall experience with Caspio has been excellent! In the past, I have used Caspio to build an integrated set of applications for a Statewide startup program. Specifically, I created publicly available online submission forms and internal use applications including: portals for the paperless reviewing and scoring of submitted applications (for both videos and text/ file upload submissions), online participant registration forms, post program report collection tools and alumni tracking apps. The success of each of these applications was evidenced in their long term use, whereby we received and reviewed ~800 applications over 4 years. Currently, I am using Caspio to create stand alone applications for a different program. These include a sort-able and editable database of research facilities for public reference, a metrics report collection tool for grant participants, and a contacts database for internal use and tracking.

Pros

The organizational aspects (tables, views, datapages, authentications) and flow of the steps within each of these features are intuitive and easy to follow. This framework of a few 'tools' with many guided steps and options in each tool make it less intimidating for a novice to create an application independently that suits their specific program needs.

However, what I like just as much about Caspio is their amazing customer service. I can't say enough about their timely and courteous responses all the way from their Sales and On-Boarding Executives to their Account Managers and Session Experts (whom I highly recommend working with for insights and help with more complicated builds or specialized features).

Cons

Although Caspio is constantly improving their product and educational material demonstrating how to use it, there are always more features that can be added to allow users to control the look and feel of an application or to allow for example more filtering options across tables. However, there is a balancing act between creating user friendly features and highly customized ones without needing to write additional code to achieve the aim.

Top Caspio Alternatives

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Definitely not "no-code", but still low-code and very powerful

I felt very empowered with Caspio, but kept running into walls. I don't know Javascript or HTML so anything code-related that wasn't laid out exactly within a tutorial was frustrating to tackle. I also struggled to build out a front-end that looked good and tied to the datapages I was building, and the templates Caspio provided me still required that I knew web development to get running, and I did not know how to customize them. I did appreciate that pages could be easily embedded within Wordpress or other website builders.

If I knew how to code, I would definitely use Caspio though. It gets thing up and running sooo fast. Using as a base for the backend is a great idea as it is 100% customizable. In that case I would totally recommend.

Pros

It is 100% customizable, and there are tutorials for just about everything. The community forums are also active, with Caspio support actively participating. Professional Services seemed very capable and able to do just about anything for you if you needed it.

Cons

For just about everything I wanted to do there was some need for a "custom" solution, and I was heavily dependent on my account manager who was always ready to refer me to Professional Services for even simple integrations.

kintone and Quickbase

kintone and Quickbase

Response from Caspio

Thank you for the valuable feedback. While many complex applications can be fully developed using Caspio's point-and-click and drag-and-drop tools, the ability to extend the platform via industry standard languages such as JavaScript, HTML, CSS and SQL opens up additional capabilities to innovate and build something truly unique. Thank you again for your feedback and we'll be sure to pass it on to our team internally.

Replied 15/11/2019
Richard D. Richard D.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 13/05/2020

Caspio - The Best Database Platform On the Market

Thanks to Caspio, our project developed into Security Patrol Track Inc., a first class Security Guard Management system for the use by security company managers to track and document the activities of their security officers.

Although I had 35 years of financial experience in the security industry, when we first began our project, I had no experience with database systems whatsoever. I tried several platforms but couldn't even understand the terminology and never was able to actually create even one table. I then found Caspio and within an hour, was able to build a table, a submission form to enter records into the table and a report to pull the records out. It is truly a "No Code" platform!

Our original app has now grown to 250 datapages and we have over 18,000 users.

Pros

It is truly a "No Code" platform!

Our application, however, would never have been so successful (due to my lack of knowledge) without the support of the Caspio Customer Service and Professional Development staffs. They are all truly invested in the success of their customers.

Cons

Although it may seem to be sort of a contrived response, I really cannot think of a criticism of the Caspio system. The typical criticism of a technology company would be their inadequate customer service. However, as discussed above, their support personnel are almost always available, always knowledge and will always go out of their way to find a solution.

Greg C. Greg C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 31/07/2020

The Best Cloud Database Application in the Market!

I have been an extremely satisfied Caspio customer for over 12+ years. I have built hundreds of apps using their cloud database platform and they have allowed my company to quickly and effortlessly deploy applications in a timely fashion. In my opinion, there is no better cloud database product in the marketplace. Caspio is simply the best!

Pros

- Ease of Deployment
- Low Code Environment
- No Hardware to Maintain
- Zapier Integration
- The product continues to evolve.

Cons

- Looking forward to more advanced Zapier integrations such as the ability to search for a record in the database.
- Scheduled reports via email would be a welcome enhancement

Microsoft SQL Server and Alpha Anywhere

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

It became apparent that Microsoft Access with SQL server was too difficult to rapidly deploy online and within a cloud hosting environment. Caspio removed many of these barriers.
Tzofit G. Tzofit G.
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

Amazing Service from Caspio!

We have made so much internal data available to our employees that they can search on their own to get the answers they need. The best part is not having to rely on our IT department to implement these projects. From start to finish, our department can do it on our own and customize it the way we want. We are about to launch an internal Records Management System -- if we would have bought something out of the box and used IT to implement, it would have cost us in the six figures. With the help of Czar Zurich Placente, we have been able to build this system in a few months with ease. Czar has been so unbelievably responsive and professional throughout the entire process. His knowledge of every aspect of Caspio has been amazing. I absolutely love working with him and already thinking about other ways we can use Caspio to leverage our other internal projects -- with Czar's help!

Pros

I love Caspio because it is so easy to use. We have several databases running off of Caspio, and I could not have done it without Caspio.

Cons

Nothing! Sometimes there are some features that require custom coding, so that can become frustrating, but for a minimal price, you can get help with Expert Hours.

Theodore B. Theodore B.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 16/05/2020

Caspio for Logistics

I have found that the team at Caspio and the application builder itself are rock solid. Extremely reliable, willing to help with the very small issues that have come up. I could not ask to work with a better organization.

Pros

It is so quick and easy to build data entry forms, surveys and reporting. Many of the applications I use take less than an hour to build from completion of planning to putting in use by our team at the warehouse.

Cons

There are little things that you need some programming help with, like column justification in reports or adding colors, but they are minor and the support is out there to help the "non-programmer" get the job done.

Jackson Y. Jackson Y.

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Caspio: A Superb Database Solution

A recent update (v19) impacted all the database applications created in Caspio. However, after using the ticketing system (1st in 2 years of licensing), they responded with fixes immediately within 1 business day. Impressive customer service on that front but not so much with testing of updates/patches.

Pros

Caspio is very flexible allowing users to easily create many types of databases (submission forms, search engines, web pages, CRMs, Analytics etc).

Cons

There is no easy backup solution. Caspio allows for 1 complimentary restore but will charge for additional. If they allowed the user to self backup and restore, this would be a bonus.

Max B. Max B.

Reviewed on 9/05/2020

Great Company, Product and Employees

My skill sets were a bit rusty but Caspio has enabled me to compete with the big boys. Overall I think they are great.

Pros

There are so many features it is hard to choose the most outstanding. Yes for me it is the best company I have ever dealt with in my 30+ year career. The only thing better than their product is the diverse body of knowledgeable, professional and welcoming employees. They are always anxious to help in completing my projects no matter what. Their very dedicated and patient support team is absolutely second to none. Great Job Caspio!

Cons

The only con is perhaps selfish on my part but it would be great for them to include PDF print in legacy accounts. There is truly nothing to complain about in regards to Caspio.

Col B. Col B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 10/11/2019

A small business's view of Caspio

We operate tour business offering custom built tours. We looked at many packages but they restricted us in managing and delivering the style and customer service levels we are known for.

Pros

We have a custom built system built on Caspio. It works very well. As a small growing business we have been able to make changes and grow our system as things arround and our needs change. The support has been outstanding.

Cons

The platform is inconsistent in implementation which slows the learning curve and frustrates development. Professional presentation of results is often difficult to impossible without scripts (and i cant write script)

• Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

Saved our team!

Great solution for a company that is using a "guided selling" process or needs a filter-like database to help their team serve customers. I'm sure there's other applications, but we've loved it for this.

Pros

We were using a small online database app for our scheduling team to have a searchable directory of 100+ clinicians by speciality. That website suddenly shut down and we had to scramble to rebuild. Caspio, found during a late night search, not only saved our team but added huge improvements over the previous software. Love it.

Cons

If you haven't built databases before, it might be hard the first time. Plenty of years of toying with stuff like this though and I had it up and running in a few hours.

Reviewed on 28/10/2020

Great StartUp Tool!

The overall experience was good. Allison Seaver was a joy to work with. Getting Development support through CASPIO was a significant road block, but the platform was an excellent use case for our company as a start up due to its simplicity and price point.

Pros

The ease of use and economics are perfect for a Start Up operation

Cons

Lack of flexibility and challenges with that as our company has grown

David T. David T.

Reviewed on 8/01/2019

Caspio Implementation Review

We have produced several excellent, complicated applications with Caspio, using a 2-person team.

Pros

Many easy to use features, simple "point and click" setup, excellent training, online explanation videos, and live technical chat

Cons

Very many features - so best to have a brief consult with Caspio to get started in the best direction

Gail P. Gail P.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 22/07/2021

Professional, High Quality, Easy to Use

Pros

I like how Caspio can take someone who is not a coder and we can now have high-quality data pages, CRM, and web pages. Their help is also phenomenal to help me fix the kinks.

Cons

When they do updates, like everything else, you need to figure it out for your specific needs.

Hadley P. Hadley P.

Reviewed on 18/06/2012

Simply awsome

I have had the pleasure of using the Caspio database development application for several years, creating many different programs. Caspio's simple step-through wizard quickly creates forms, reports and editable data screens in just minutes. From basic registration forms to sophisticated shared-data online cloud database processes, Caspio handles them all with ease.

I first became familiar with Caspio in 1999/2000, when Caspio released their beta version. I quickly built a time-billing system for our in-field technicians which improved our company's billing-cycle by getting client invoices out faster and shortening the turn-around time for receiving payment.

Since then I have designed, built and deployed well over 100 databases for non-profit organizations, government agencies and private companies.

Using the Caspio application has saved thousands of dollars in setup, programming and hosting costs. One project save over $100,000.

Pros

The development and deployment process is quick and easy. Forms and database screens are a breeze to embed into existing websites and social media sites. But it doesn't stop there. I have also created smartphone applications and stand-alone programs.

Cons

Frankly, it's difficult for me to find anything about Caspio that I don't like. The product is secure, priced right and full of very cool features which I've often relied upon. It would only be better if Caspio actually clicked my mouse for me!

Manto A. Manto A.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 2/06/2020

As a company specialized in people management, Caspio is our tool!

Pros

In addition to handling the selection processes, we have worked on an Employee Portal for our clients, which allows functions such as the registration of working hours and PDFs mass downloading from the same application. We are very pleased.

Cons

Sometimes we would like Caspio to be quicker with the implementation of ideas that we give to the Staff.

Juan G. Juan G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 7/08/2020

Long Time user

Pros

Lot's of features, value, potential, customer support is great.

Cons

development features are spread across different areas, makes it difficult to understand and adds development time

Harmandeep S. Harmandeep S.

Reviewed on 25/04/2018

Review for Caspio!

Pros

The product has a lot of good features and functionalities. It is pretty easy to generate reports and it could be done by anyone on the team as it has almost no learning curve.

Cons

Just a bit difficult when you're accessing the application for the first time as it has so many things. Couldn't setup schedule task so we require some other tools to set it up.

• Industry: Market Research
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

not very intuitive for non coders

I tried to build a portal where paid users could subscribe to receive information. However, I abandoned the project after not making enough progress on the free version.

Pros

The concept is great. Caspio should enable you to create custom software without having to need to code.

Cons

For a no-code environment it's actually not very user friendly. To build something meaningful you would need expert assistance and you would need to purchase a plan before you can reach that stage.

Response from Caspio

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We're sorry you didn't get a chance to complete your project. Caspio offers many training resources to help you get started. You can browse our popular YouTube channel, attend our live web-based training sessions, or check out our online help center. One video that might be of interest when dealing with user registration and retrieving authenticated data is our video on how to build a membership directory. Thank you again for taking the time to submit your feedback and we look forward to assisting you if additional needs arise.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/caspioinc

Vivian O. Vivian O.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 28/09/2020

CASPIO

Pros

Easy to use, simple to create and maintain surveys and databases

Cons

Price - difficult for smaller organizations to afford

Kevin M. Kevin M.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Caspio a great value

We have been very satisfied with all of our dealings with the folks at Caspio.

Pros

Caspio was great to use. It took us very little time to learn it and we were able to build a secure database that provides great information to our students.

Cons

The ability to upload documents securely would be a nice feature.

Marwan S. Marwan S.

Reviewed on 10/08/2020

perfect easy app

iam very happy and satisfied with this product

Pros

creating free search engine is something great

Cons

the easy of use i really love this website

Craig R. Craig R.

Reviewed on 9/07/2018

Great potential, but stay away if you're not an enterprise client

Pros

- Basic database builder tools have more built-in options than similar software, so it's easier and faster to build more complex setups

- If you don't know code, the interface and logic is very close to MS Excel, so the learning curve isn't too bad

- Easy to embed and publish applications

- Has an unlimited app user model (though not administrators), which is superior to other database app builders that limit user capabilities and charge based on users. This is ideal for customer-facing applications where users need to be able to more advanced functions outside of simply viewing.

- Offer a free plan that is fairly well featured, though would only be useful for internal or personal apps

Cons

- Pricing structure is highly frustrating for a small business user or team. Basic paid plans have no access to APIs, Zapier, or automation/importing, which is high for the base plan compared to similar apps. To get those features, the next level jumps over 4x higher.

- "Datapages" allotted for each plan (which is the foundation of the app) are misleading since similar competitors use an allowed number of "apps". Some basic applications in Caspio need 10-20 data pages, but the basic plan only allows 5. Ultimately a large amount of time was spent figuring out how to cut out pages and combine features, killing user experience.

- Had a bad experience with customer support (sales) when I accidentally deleted an entire table. Was informed that as a basic/free trial user they would have to charge me to get the table back, even though it existed. And days saved was only a few, so had to quickly decide. They were not sympathetic to my plight even as I was in the evaluation stage.

- If you're a major enterprise with a large budget and some programmers, Caspio may be an ideal solution. If you're a small business, be very careful when evaluating and I'd recommend looking elsewhere. The subscription models and definitions are confusing and you may find yourself with an app built during the free trial and realizing you can't possibly afford to launch it.

Karen W. Karen W.

Reviewed on 15/05/2020

Caspio is a robust, affordable option for organizations without in-house IT!

A software developer for over 20 years, I help small to medium-sized organizations, mostly nonprofits, find affordable software that supports their business processes. I found Caspio when I was searching the marketplace for a low-code platform that could be used to build a type of software that does not exist in the marketplace and it allowed an organization to build their dream application in a matter of months....custom software at an off-the-shelf price! I have been impressed with all the options available as well as the excellent online documentation and customer service of the Caspio support team.

Pros

I think Caspio is incredibly easy to learn and use and it allows non-technical professionals to quickly establish a data-centric web-based application without needing to know Python, Java, or another programming language. I have been a software developer for 20 years, so for me the tool takes even less time -- and functions like triggered notifications and tasks allow me to add "behind-the-scenes magic" so one process can trigger dependent processes in a seamless way. I also love the support team's helpful and responsive attitude.

Cons

Truly my only complaint is not a bad thing, just a choice -- I wish I did not have to wrap all the Caspio code in separate HTML, mostly b/c I do not think it is as easy to teach to non-technical people. Most of the organizations I work with need help getting everything set up and launched but then can largely be trained to maintain and extend their Caspio app...and while HTML and CSS are not complicated, they are not as predictably explainable as the tables and datapage interfaces.

kintone and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

Cost and ease of maintenance -- I am helping organizations build software which they maintain, despite not having programmers on staff. This primarily works not only due to the high quality product but the pricing model. The fact that Caspio is priced by datapage and functionality and not user seats keeps the ongoing cost low, making it affordable for smaller organizations.