Vonage Business Communications Reviews

About Vonage Business Communications

Vonage Business Communications is a good option for small-, medium-, and enterprise-level businesses that need a scalable, easy-to-use VoIP platform with premium voice clarity and a wide array of solutions for specific business...

3.8
3.7

Browse Vonage Business Communications Reviews

Shawn
Shawn
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 5/08/2021

Simplify Business with a Simple Business VoIP Phone System

Pros

Easy to implement.
Easy to manage.
Works great, no hitches, glitches, misses.
Perfect for a Small or Medium Business.
Great value for the money; translate: very inexpensive.
Make your small business come across as a big business.
Smartphone App works great too.

Cons

There are MANY 3rd Party Apps that claim to be integrated with Vonage. We didn't have the best of luck using them, to be honest, but they weren't too business critical, so it didn't bother us too much; but it still would be nice to make ZohoCRM or Connectwise work integratedly.

Sid
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 27/04/2023

One of the best all-in-one Business phone application

Vonage's services are sufficient for our company's communications requirements, be it direct calls, messaging, conference calls, or even call campaigns. The support is very prompt with their responses and resolutions.

Pros

The interface is very easy to navigate and neat. Call management and messaging align with the latest design language for such phone systems. The desktop app and mobile app work seamlessly in terms of notifications and call transfer between the devices,

Cons

The admin portal could be managed better and the categories on the website are a bit confusing to navigate so maybe that could be reordered and renamed to make it easier to reach the desired page. The integrations apps portfolio can also be enhanced by getting more of the popular apps onboard.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 9/11/2021

Vonage Business (Simple Signal) Service & Support

Overall experience was good, their Account Manger went above and beyond, their support was good, their service was okay.

Pros

Vonage's GUI is relatively intuitive to make basic changes. There are various roles provided that allow different levels of access to make configuration adjustments with the Trunk, DID's, Auto Attendants, forwarding, etc.

Cons

There were some tools inside of the Vonage Portal that required multiple places to be updated or there were multiple ways to update a setting, and it made difficult to report on customer configurations.

Twilio

Provided more functionality

Reasons for Switching to Vonage Business Communications

Pricing was a major factor to why we chose Simple Signal (Vonage).

Top Vonage Business Communications Alternatives

Bob

Reviewed on 24/01/2024

Great voip phone system

Setting up Vonage is easy and straightforward and the customer service is top tier.

Pros

Vonage is straightforward and easy to set up they have phenomenal customer service. I have several customers that used Vonage and are absolutely elated about the price and service.

Cons

I would say my least favorite thing about Vonage would be the mobile application as it tends to crash more than expected if you are not using an iPhone.

Hadi
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 11/06/2022

Vonage review

It has been average. The only bad side is SMS integration and support to it.

Pros

It is very easy to use, good interface and easy to be integrated with other tools. The UI/UX is great. Especially when it comes to texting.

Cons

Product support. We wanted support for texting and it has been a horrible experience. They have Neximo for the SMS integration and support and the support experience has been horrible. They don't answer the calls or respond timely.

matt

Reviewed on 27/12/2023

Not what we were sold … all the hype none of the product

Not good at all we fell for the scam of tell the customer what they want to hear and hope they never use it

Pros

it had a nice layout in the application

Cons

everything it never worked, we were told constantly by sales and our pm that we had these features but everytime we tried to use them we had to pay an additional fee for them or even if they existed in vonage

Reasons for Choosing Vonage Business Communications

pricing we do alot of sms and dialpad was severely increasing sms

Dialpad

Reasons for Switching to Vonage Business Communications

we were told and “showed” they had all the features we used and needed and that was not the case
Alicia
Alicia
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 19/06/2020

Clunky and poor support

It worked OK but it wasn't great. I switched away and probably would not return.

Pros

It's a VOIP call service and usually works with decent connection. It had a feature that automatically sent timed billing for calls to my client billing software, which is why I switched to Vonage in the first place.

Cons

The portal is clunky and confusing. Fax is even worse. Often the sync features did not work as advertised. My employees had a lot of trouble working with the software and customer support was extremely poor from a knowledge standpoint.

Susan

Reviewed on 5/02/2021

Only regret is that we didn't upgrade sooner!

I appreciate the high level of customer service and the responsiveness of the team in general. We decided to move from land lines to VoIP and are very happy that we opted to partner with Vonage for the transition. They have been very patient and helpful along the way.

Pros

The flexibility of this software is my favorite feature. I mostly work from home, and I can easily make changes for any of our users from the online dashboard, the computer app, or the phone app. The end-users at our office have successfully learned how to navigate the handsets and the online dashboards.

Cons

We are still working on our fax numbers. Porting the number from our previous provider has proven difficult.

Jive, Nextiva Live Chat and Ooma Office

AT&T Cost, flexibility, customer service

Reasons for Switching to Vonage Business Communications

Also looked at PanTerra. We chose Vonage because of the initial connection with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She was informative, responsive, knowledgeable, and empathetic. Most of the services seemed to be similar with similar prices. We chose Vonage because of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I hope you tell her that.
Eddy
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 29/09/2023

A good way to have your call center in order

It has great quality on calls and keeping trakc of your agents via status on thier clients, you can even force to send calls to them if you have someone on a different process. you can listend to calls live, or recordings in both platforms needed. keep in mind on vonage businesss the storage is more limited that in Cotact center, you can even download and connect it via APis, so I'd say we are having a great time managing our call flow wiht multiple queues base on our needs.

Pros

You need two products from vonage but once you have VOnage business and vonage contact center your are able to set up and manage a call center and its workflow and keep track of how your agents are behaving and even assist them if needed via call whispering or call monitoring,

Cons

It can be a bit complex to understand how to connect evrything to get the call flow in order.

Alexandra

Reviewed on 8/12/2023

Great Customer Service!

Relatively good compared to other companies we use for similar services. Customer support is good; reps are pro-active and helpful and will go out of their way to find you a solution.

Pros

The best thing we have found with Vonage Business Communications is the Customer Service. The reps really do try and help you out and take a pro-active approach which is highly unusual in the telecom industry.

Cons

Sometimes when you are trying to get information from their billing department, they seem to be unable to provide it. This appears to be more of an operational issue than a personnel issue.

Robin
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

Vonage Business works very well for our company

Our overall experience has been great. This is our second year using the Vonage business package and we are very happy.

Pros

We like the ease of adding new lines, adding branch phone, so many reasons we like the company and products. We are a three branch company with drivers all over the place. We can easily transfer calls to our techs on the road, just as if there were in the office. We also like the spam feature, were we can see most calls registered as spam, allowing us to not answer these irritating spam calls. In times when we need to call customer support, Vonage team members are very knowledgeable and helpful. Lastly, we save money with this company, great price for an extra great product and customer service!

Cons

We cannot pick up a call anywhere in the office by parking the call, we must transfer it.

Saral

Reviewed on 18/05/2017

One of the best service provider for VOIP services

Vonage Business Solutions is one of the reputed service providers for VOIP requirements, there is a vast array of plans and services to choose from, as per an individual's requirements. Now Vonage may be used from Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, Phablets or smartphones too via mobile app. The customer support is efficient and hence one may not be stuck with an issue for too long. There is transparency in service and charges due to monthly pay-as-you-go business model. I will recommend using Vonage Business Solutions for all these reasons.

Pros

Budget VOIP calling plans worldwide. Easy pay-as-you-go business model. Robust Infrastructure, quick and customer friendly customer support. Versatility to use it with various softphones/hardphones. Good Call Quality, Business Reports Functionality, User-friendly UI. One of the oldest brands among VOIP service providers.

Cons

Vonage should offer more functionality with standard plans. I wish call recording feature was standard for a user, without incurring extra charge every month. Not many cons which I may think of at the moment. I also faced some trouble with their Vonage Business Desktop softphone, after which I switched to X-lite, which runs lag free with Vonage Business Solutions.

Vidushi

Reviewed on 19/04/2023

Smart & Reliable

Pros

I've been using Vonage from more than 6 months. The interface of the software is easy to use. What I love most about it is it's "Report" feature. It makes working so much fun as one can easily see and analyze their own growth with the help of different charts and graphs. It increases productivity as it induces a sense of accomplishment in an individual. Vonage is actually a smart software as when you copy a sentence with a phone number in it and paste it in the keypad to call, it immediately picks up the phone number eliminating the rest of the sentence. Most communication software fail to do that. So, for me Vonage is one the best Business Communication software.

Cons

There's almost nothing to not like about Vonage but if there's something that ever bugged me is that it deletes the call history after a certain amount of time, which isn't really bothersome but just in case anyone wants to track a call from a long time ago they won't be able to do that. And it glitches sometimes which could be the network's fault as well.

Brielle

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

Vonage Business for your business

I am overall satisfied with Vonage Business Support- each time I called on the phone I was given a real person to speak with and a case number, to ensure the quality of my "case" the next time I called. As a busy work professional, I found this very valuable. I spoke to an amazing tech after speaking with Vonage Business support. He was able to direct me to exactly what I was looking of in a very short amount of time. My business purchased over 10 lines and the Yealink T46G phones from Vonage. I find these to be incredibly professional phones with a large screen. This is extremely beneficial when I am wearing a headset, on the regular phone, or connected with m work cell.

Pros

In regards to Vonage Business Phone systems, I like most being able to speak with a real person to answer my questions. Help was available any time I called. The help was organized and true- this helped me weed out things I didn't have time for. As a busy professional, this was extremely valuable. Each person I spoke to was able to help me validate my "silly" questions and assist me through the Vonage experience. The Yealink also shows busy field lines, my favorite feature on the phone, so I can see who, in my offices, is on the phone. This saves me time.

Cons

I was disappointing that it took so long to find an associate that could answer my questions. I called three times previous with questions about the phone system, and on the third time I spoke with a very knowledgeable professional who could fully assist me with my system questions. My business has purchased Yealink phones and is disappointing that each phone requires a special Yealink donagle for the "Tested headset list compatible with Yealink IP Phone". While the Plantronics Voyager Legend came with a dongle, we had to order separate dongles for each phone.

Shelly

Reviewed on 9/01/2023

Never miss a call!

Allows my clinicians the ability call patients with business phone from their mobile device. One stop show for managing multiple office phone access and on call from anywhere. Easliy retrieve VM as well as respond via text message. All in one product for managing your phone service. Enables multiple locations to call, transfer and communicate at the push of a button.

Pros

The mobile app makes it simple to recieve all your work/office calls right on your mobile device. Remote work is seemless with all the functions of your office phone at home. Easily allows 24/7 phone monitoring from anywhere.

Cons

There are a lot of features that we do not use. Far to many to remember how to use when/if they are used infrequently. Quick guide would be helpful. We may have received something in the beginning but nothing that is left with the phone for new users or that have not gotten lost or damaged.

Jennelle
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 31/08/2019

Long-time user

We’ve been having a great experience this software! It’s been helpful for our business and the call forwarding feature has allowed us the ability for some work/life balance.

Pros

We’ve been using this software for our business for over 5 years. Using this for our business phone has allowed us to keep our same phone number even though we moved physical locations. This was very helpful for our business! We also use the call forwarding feature so we can answer business calls when we’re aware from the business.

Cons

Sometimes the connection isn’t as clear as we’d like. It can sometimes sound a little muffled and occasionally we get disconnected from callers. However, it usually works really well and we’re happy with the service.

Jenna

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

Vonage Business

I like this product easy to use

Pros

Vonage is a great product. You can download the app on the ohone and anwer your phone line from your cell phone or when your in the office turn the app on mute so your phone doesn't ring on your cell.

Cons

I haven't had any issue. If you type what you need help with in the search bar it pretty muchs shows you step by step with clicking on it/

Jenah
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Great product, easy to use!

Overall, VBS has great customer service and a product that makes any business, big or small, more productive.

Pros

I love the integration between the physical phone system and the app on my cell phone. The system is streamlined well, organized and easy to use.

Cons

I haven't been able to find a pair of decent hands-free headphones that work well with the specific phone I use.

Christopher
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Good system with many features.But lots of small issues that need to be resolved.

There are alot of great features with this solution but some are things we dont need and dont use. Just do your research and make sure its something that you actually need and want to pay for. Also make sure you equipment is compatible with there system so you are not hit with unexpected costs to make your system work like it is supposed to.

Pros

Lots of good features that allow me to use my business phone anywhere. Even though there were a lot of problems starting our i was always able to get in tough with customer service quickly.

Cons

Lots of things that need to be set up at the beginning of the process. Had lots of issues to start out with most of which were resolved by changing a firewall out that was not compatible with vonage's system. They knew what firewall I had from the beginning took them a month to realize that is was one that does not play well with Vonage's system.

Angela

Reviewed on 26/06/2017

Continued to Charge My Card after Porting My Number

I ported my account to another Vonage account 3 billing cycles ago. I requested Vonage cancel my current account. I have contacted them 4 times now and requested a refund for continuing to charge my saved debit card and told them they no longer have authorization to charge it. It has been 2 months and I am still waiting for a refund. If you are looking for VOIP, I suggest using a service that doesn’t require you to give a card to activate your service.

Pros

Cons

Charges a saved credit card after service is ported/cancelled.

Josh

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

A good solution but not a great solution

We've been running our entire phone system through them for years, the outages we experience are due to the large size of our company and the limited control they or we have over the traffic or internet quality between us and them.

Pros

I have a decent amount of control over the account from the web portal. It allows me to manage the account with minimal need to contacting there customer support team.

Cons

Quality issues on a large network that they cant resolve, we confirmed Ive done everything on my side that is possible. The other issue is that half the time I call there customer support department I have to tell them how to do there job... very frustrating.

Ray

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

Good quality at a good price

You will definitely get more bang for your buck with Vonage Business and you still get all of the features.

Pros

Having the ability to forward your work number to your personal phone is a great feature. You also have the ability to make calls from your personal phone while your work phone number shows up on the recipient's caller ID. There are conference call options along with the mobile app options that will keep you and your team connected from almost anywhere.

Cons

The connection is internet based so if you lose power or your internet goes down, you have no phones.

Ziya
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 24/04/2023

Streamlined Communication Thanks to Vonage

Vonage Business Communications is an efficient and reliable communication platform, despite some downsides. Integration capabilities and the mobile app make it a valuable asset for businesses seeking a comprehensive communication platform.

Pros

Vonage Business Communications offers a variety of communication channels and integrates seamlessly with other business applications like Salesforce and Microsoft Office. The mobile app is user-friendly and enables communication on-the-go.

Cons

Some features are only available on higher-priced plans, the user interface could be more intuitive, and customer support can be slow at times.

Addison

Reviewed on 24/07/2015

Great features, people and savings. VOiP call quality is what it is.

Pros

We've been with the service since it was Vocalocity and compared to other VOiP telephony providers, their software and support was superior especially when you look at the price. Now there's more parity in the market place but at the time, it was a huge gamechanger for us, since we couldn't afford a traditional PBX. The support team is U.S. based and the call center is in Georgia. They've been nothing but friendly and actually helpful. This is crucial since VOiP is a very advanced, technical type of service.

Cons

VOiP is what it is. It's dependent on both your internet service, the connection to their servers, and their servers themselves. Occasionally their service is down, occasionally the call quality is poor. Sometimes it's on their end, sometimes it's local. You're just not going to have the quality consistency of a regular telephone line. That being said, the features that you get with VOiP balance it out.

Viraj
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 29/07/2023

Robust VoIP service that offers attractive features

So far it is getting my work done. I can recommend for cost and reliability if you can see your number marked spam.

Pros

Features I needCost effective for long term contractsActivating and signing up is easyVoice quality and rich features

Cons

Call drops in low network bandwidthCross connectionGetting non spam numbers is difficultNumbers are reused multiple times and assigned.