About InsightEMR

Clinicient provides a web-based and mobile therapy-specific EMR designed to improve the therapist experience by offering an all-in-one solution with scheduling, documentation, telehealth and reporting, resulting in improved...

Browse InsightEMR Reviews

Reviewed on 24/01/2018

Clinicient is a good base program, but does have a lot of glitches

Pros

Clinicient is easy to use, very user friendly, from an administrative standpoint. There are tons of reports that allow you to access almost any form of data you want. Scheduling is easy and clear to see.

Cons

There are a lot of various glitches that pop up and there is usually not steady answer. The glitches range from admin side to clinical side and do effect productivity of users. Customer support is slow to respond and only about 50% of the time can give a solution. Most of the issues are a "wait and see"

Reviewed on 8/01/2019

InsightEMR

It is nice to be able to use one software to manage your practice.

Pros

The software is user friendly! Scheduling is really easy, customer service is helpful with any questions and it is very convenient to be able to keep up with billing, scheduling, electronic medical records and notes all in one place.

Cons

The software has glitches sometimes but the company is helpful on trying to figure them out.

Lauren V. Lauren V.

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

Clinicient InsightEMR Review

Other than the reasons mentioned above on the admin end I like Clinicient. The system helps me get snapshots quickly for each office and allows me to dig in with the management team of said office. I would really to see where we are with insightGO for admin - I hopped on a call twice giving opinions on items we could adjust.

Pros

I love how many reports there are to assist both admin and clinical. There are plenty of reports you can use as a dashboard to view how your company did in the previous month, but even creating reports that show you a quicker snapshot. The scheduling/functionality is very easy - nice to train new staff on it.
Once you are trained in Clinicient and find all the little tricks it's a nice system, but a lot of the times we find these tips from months and/or years of experience.

Cons

All the little bugs/glitches - which I know nothing is perfect.
Claims with issues: if it can show which office the patient received treatment from would be a great help.
Able to open 2 windows at the same time - difficult to complete certain tasks. I usually will try to open Insight Billing just to have two windows.
Placing notes on the schedule - two or more can't be the same time.
Customer Service - is there a way to speak with someone quicker? Especially about the little things?

Top InsightEMR Alternatives

Theresa B. Theresa B.

Reviewed on 29/05/2019

It's a lifesaver

Right now, tracking faxes is HUGE! With audits on the increase, we have documented proof of fax with date and time. It's also a big time saver.

Training a new therapist on the charting side, we usually have them up and going within hours.

Pros

With 15 therapists in our clinic, InsightEMR is a lifesaver. As Practice Manager, keeping track of the schedule, clinical notes and billing (yep, Insight Billing too) works relatively seamlessly. When we do have a software issue, Clinicient Customer Service is right there to help.

The Empower Portal is a great way to make contact with other Clinicient users, access training, and support.

Cons

I wish that when we check patients in, the therapist would get a notification or pop up on their computer. Formatting on plan of care notes... my peeve is leaving only a therapists signature on a page or a blank page. We can adjust the formatting of the note so it looks good, but the formatting doesn't stay. If we have to resend the fax, we have to reformat.

Ashley C. Ashley C.

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Administrative Assistants will love this-everything you need is on one page!

Pros

1. You can open/sign into the program more than once, so if you can have the schedule open and patient charts open at the same time or multiple schedules from multiple office locations up.
2. All the prescription, authorization, case information is in the same location in the patients chart. You don’t have to open multiple windows to find anything, which is great!
3. Adding attachments is super easy! You can add from the schedule or in the patients chart.
4. Scheduling patients are easy too, all you have to do is “copy” and “paste” the appointment. The schedule can accommodate up to months in advance so patients often have scheduled appointments for the month!
5. You can text or email appointment updates from the system; patients love this!
6. There’s a side bar of information about the patient in schedule view so you can get a preview of notes, insurance information, referral information, etc. just no private information about the patient, such as, date of birth... for HIPAA reasons
7. Saves all your work when you “x” out of the program.

Cons

Can be slow at times, but overall a great software. Much more secure than other internet based softwares that I have used in the past for my job.

Julie W. Julie W.

Reviewed on 26/10/2015

Clinicient integrates the entire practice management timeline.

Pros

Responsiveness both from management and tech support as they continue to evolve and enhance the product. Compliance is made easy and reduces risk when navigating the rapid change in regulations and policy. I also like the integration of the whole patient encounter from the admin side to the therapy side to the collections side. There are not hidden costs...they are very up front with pricing.

Cons

They went through some growing pains when their client base exploded, but they have invested money and management strength to solve this issue. So far, their product continues to grow as one of the main players in rehabilitation EMR systems.

Connie M. Connie M.

Reviewed on 26/10/2015

Clinicient - A part of my success

Pros

I have used Clinicient since it first came on the market. As I have grown, Clinicient has grown with me. I started by using just the scheduling and documentation. When Clinicient added the ability to integrate documentation with billing, we signed on quickly. Using Clinicient allowed me to reduce the number of staff I needed for billing. We, as a unit, are more efficient with our documentation which in turns creates improved revenue collection, fewer billing mistakes and decreased outstanding balances.

Cons

I have very few complaints about the product. Staff is knowledgeable and respond in a timely manner.

Catherine M. Catherine M.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 6/02/2018

probably one of the least user-friendly online EMR programs I have used.

I apologize and wish I had a something better to say, but documentation takes to long and the various other issues compile my frustrations with this online software.

Pros

I wrote down a pro and con list before I started this. Unfortunately, I have only 2 things I like about this online EMR system. Its checklist feature for documentation has the right idea if they could be streamlined without waiting for each check to be loaded and saved, costing much time and makes documenting a hassle and a headache Creating/modifying or editing templates is also an easy feature, but is not hassle/headache free to time required for saving.

Cons

What negates the pros listed above is the time it takes for changes to load. Everything takes forever, their server size does not operate smoothly during business hours, since it cannot support the number of users. It does not have a totaling system to add objective or performance totals together. This is the only EMR system that DOES NOT have an integration with insurance auto-eligibility and benefits check I have ever worked with. Which, to run a smooth money transaction business IS A MUST. It lowers the stress of front desk, lowers the cost of having to hire another person, and gives an understanding of the possible cost to the office and the patients quicker, making everything more efficient. Constant bizarre inconsistencies during sign off. and to make the headache worse, when you call customer support, many of them make you feel like it is your fault. I expect full circle competence from check out to documentation, to sign off, to check out. This system leaves holes. There are 2 different ways to create a case when a problem arises, but a lack of communication between support staff has you running in circles. And the worst is nothing is urgent to them, they have 5-7 business days to get back to you and will actually advise you to read your contract.

Sharon J. Sharon J.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

Five Stars for Clinicient Insight!

The switch to Clinicient Insight changed the dynamics of our very busy physical therapy practice. It eliminated any concerns about documentation and eased the burden of billing because it is physical therapy driven. Scheduling is streamlined and life is good!

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

It is not set up for NYS workers' compensation C4 forms.

Chantel E. Chantel E.

Reviewed on 16/04/2018

Very supportive

Pros

I love the support team that is available whenever I need help. They are always available and so friendly

Cons

There are a lot of little details that could work better. Updates seem to affect even old visits in the client editor, and it takes quite a while to get those old visits out of the correction queue.

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Love InsightEMR

Pros

I love the ease of use that Clinicient features in my daily charting. I also love the customer service and education they provide when in comes to changes in Medicare and other insurances.

Cons

It does take some time setting up and customizing but once that is done it is easy to use.

Reviewed on 2/04/2018

Insight EMR is great

Pros

I love the ease of use to talk to customer service, and the ease of resolving issues. Insight makes it easy for us to contact them with any issues we may have. I enjoy using the lab to learn more as well as having a little fun.

Cons

The only issue that seems to be consistent is the speed of the program it's self. The program often seems slow and wants to freeze or not respond, and can take a few minutes before it does.

John B. John B.

Reviewed on 21/10/2015

Clinicient, a great team mate

Pros

It is made specifically for therapists by therapists. We feel very safe due to their efforts to build compliance into the system. Cloud based option gives us peace of mind knowing that we don't have a bunch of PHI around our office. Great reporting and metric features. Customizable templates. Customer service and value added services and training are wonderful. One stop shop for Scheduling, Documentation, Billing.

Cons

I am guessing that it could be just a problem with all programs, but they are just not as fast as paper charting.

Jackie S. Jackie S.

Reviewed on 6/12/2016

Overall great!

I've been working with EMR clinicient for about a year and it's very straight forward once you know what you're doing. Customer service is always helpful when I call and makes my job easier. Another thing I wanted to add is Clinicient LAB has been something I enjoy doing now. Keep up the great work!

Pros

Customer service, whenever I call I get the best service.

Cons

When there are glitches in the system it takes a while to fix.

Nichole H. Nichole H.

Reviewed on 25/10/2019

Great Options for Customizing

Pros

The ease of adding new exercises, tests or templates.

Cons

No undo button, changes in resolution requirements, sometimes errors or connectivity issues.

Raphael D. Raphael D.

Reviewed on 13/04/2017

Inconsistent

We are actively looking to migrate.

Pros

The integration of the schedule, billing and the documentation is user friendly. Once you customize your evaluations templates evaluations are a breeze.

Cons

Their billing is horrible. They are inconsistent (can go up or down 30-40% with no changes in volume or payer mix), they are constantly shuffling out team members, and billers( been with them since late 2014 and I'm on my 4th account manager whom I haven't spoken to yet. My last one left abruptly on 3/31/17) . The customer service is even worse. No one seems to have any answers. They love to pawn off any issues with collections or functionality on to you and your practice. Their policy seems to be to push any questions towards the tutorials and the insight website. Which is just a bunch of glossy youtube videos.

Brianna F. Brianna F.

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

InsightEMR is an all-in-one-program that makes things easier for our patients and our business.

Pros

It's super easy to use after learning where things are and where to access certain features
InsightEMR keeps your notes and schedule together
Makes billing simple

Cons

My only complaint is that you absolutely need internet or wifi connection in order to log onto or use the system

Paula H. Paula H.

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

Inaccurate Sales Pitch!

HORRIBLE. Was lied to repeatedly. Paid for the training, only to discover at that time that the product was unusable for our needs. Team admitted several times, in writing, that sales lied to us. Corporate would NOT refund our money for the cost of the training and the cost of our "implementation manager's time"

Pros

The software is easy to use and practical for PT's and OT's ONLY

Cons

Was told that there was an on-line platform:
NOT TRUE! The platform was "in the works"

Was told that many Mac. computer people use the software, Mac compatibility is not a problem:
NOT TRUE! You need to have the Microsoft conversion software installed on your Mac

Was told that there was a complete set of goals for speech therapists:
NOT TRUE! The few goals and other items are of poor quality, lack efficacy and are only applicable to peds

Was told that we could customize anything.
NOT TRUE! We were unable to do so. After literally days trying, finally tech support admitted that there was not a way to do what we were told to do.

Wenonalani R. Wenonalani R.

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

useless

A nightmare. Things occasionally dissappear off the schedule causing huge problems and its extremely limited on his device capability.

Pros

nothing really its unstable and upgrades have only resulted in less stability.

Cons

This company tried to get too big too fast the software itself is unstable and the support system is useless. I became a full time billing liason because we utilized their services for both billing and EMR and Ive spent the last 3 years fixing their mistakes. Issues are not solved in a timely manner

Dan M. Dan M.

Reviewed on 28/10/2015

Best change we have made so far with our EMR and billing

Pros

ease of use for training modules, easy to look into pt account really quickly without changing screens.

Cons

Sales person could keep me updated better through process. I had to follow up to see what the status was during the process. Overall the outcome was good but more trouble than it had to be in my opinion.

Jeremy H. Jeremy H.

Reviewed on 31/08/2016

Was a great option

Pros

I took the time to talk to the company about this software and have a tutorial. It was in my top 2 options because of versability. The price was great, the easy of use was good, the learning curve was easy and it had all the functions we needed. However, it was a split decision and I lost the battle so we did not go with them, we went with WebPT which was a mistake. Will probably switch over to this soon! Don't make my mistake. I would recommend at least looking into this and taking the tutorial as it has all the things you would need as a provider.

Cons

There is nothing I found that I liked least as I have not had the chance to go as in depth yet.

Kyle S. Kyle S.

Reviewed on 6/05/2019

Simplicity and yet can be confusing.

Pros

The software is great at allowing you to make templates for your daily documentation so that you can tailor it to each type of patient and quickly finish your soap note. It’s easy to add small changes in the patients condition and quickly review previous treatments. It can simply add new parts to the objective and simply lets you type into the assessment. I like that there is a simple fill in the black option that allows to put in simple answers and expand on them if needed. This is a great software for clinical uses and for companies with multiple clinics.

Cons

There are lots of weird tricks to learn. Like if the search bar has text in it you cannot add terms from the pull down menu when filling in black spots. Took forever to figure out why. Also when scheduling there is no option for every other week. So the poor receptionist has to fill in each weekly treatment and then go back and delete every other weekly appointment.

Tabitha D. Tabitha D.

Reviewed on 29/07/2015

This is a great product that is all inclusive.

Pros

The software is all inclusive...you don't need any additional software. Once the info has been entered, you don't need to re-enter. I have worked for 2 other businesses with different software, and this is by far easier to use.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything. The customer service is always helpful whenever there many be questions or issues.

Melinda F. Melinda F.

Reviewed on 29/05/2019

InsightEMR Review

It is one of the better programs I have worked with.

Pros

Scheduling patients is easy. Tracking authorizations is also less work.

Cons

Reports are not always reliable. Information tasked from Billing does not clearly state what is done or needed.

Lynnette G. Lynnette G.

Reviewed on 15/04/2017

Clinicient Review

The software is a good start in many ways to building the eventual billing and coding system.

Pros

It has all the basic billing components for note / record keeping. The data can become a bit lengthy to click through.

Cons

The templates are hard to build. Once a goal is achieved I have not found a place to archive it. The data fields get lengthy