TaxDome Reviews

About TaxDome

TaxDome is a practice management platform that helps tax, accounting and bookkeeping firms, as well as CPAs and EAs, manage both internal processes (workflow, CRM, reporting, secure document storage) and client-facing activities...

Browse TaxDome Reviews

3,037 of 3,037 reviews
Lynnorra
Lynnorra

Reviewed on 12/01/2022

One-Stop-Shop for Accountants

I have been able to drastically reduce other subscriptions in my technology stack by approximately $2,300/year by leveraging Tax Dome.

Pros

I love that billing, client portal, document sharing, and communications between the firm and the client is so seamless! I use this to manage my practice and scale services in one place. This has been a huge time saver for me without having to switch between multiple systems just to send a email or request key documents.

Cons

At this moment, TaxDome doesn't allow for reoccurring payments for monthly clients but this is on their roadmap for implementation. Additionally, just understanding where "FIRM LEVEL" documents can be stored for team use is another place to understand how to be more efficient. I was able to solve for this by making my firm an account and portal to use just like clients! Lastly, I do think it is a huge upfront investment when you have a team of 5 or more, but the annual savings is key here.

Dubsado and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I enjoyed that everything was in one place.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Tax Dome has a Accounting Firm Focus and useful templates that assist with workflow management and automation.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you very much, Lynnorra. Your feedback is much appreciated.

You can upload documents to the Private folder since this will be visible to you.
But, you already found a great solution, it can be more convenient and organized to have a separate account for your firm documents.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Replied 1/04/2022
Tim

Reviewed on 3/11/2023

New to TaxDome

Pros

We researched a number of practice management packages but ultimately decided to go with TaxDome due to the number of features it contains, and all its functionality is available to the Pro subscription with unlimited clients, unlike others that increase pricing for certain functionality or when you exceed a certain number of clients. We have not fully implemented yet, so our opinions are based on our experience so far and the research we have done, but we like the portal functionality, the fact that clients can use their mobile devices to upload documents to or view the portal, the integrated e-signatures, and the ability to lock drafts until payment is received.

Cons

During our research, the most-often cited con with TaxDome was the complexity in implementing the system. I would have to agree with this. I think part of the complexity is because of the extreme flexibility and customability of the program. There are numerous videos and help topics available, far more than the other programs we researched. We wish that some of the best practices in setting up things like accounts and contacts were more available, as when you are setting up the program you don't always understand the downstream implications until you get to that part. I think once we work through the heavy lifting of setting up and customizing the program to meet our needs, it will be invaluable to improving the efficiency and technology our firm employs, especially with respect to automation.

Financial Cents, Canopy and Firm360

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

The Thomson Reuters CS Suite (Practice CS practice management, NetClient CS portals, FileCabinet CS document management) are clearly legacy products and not where Thomson Reuters is focusing their R&D and future roadmap. However their new offerings are not ready for prime time, and their legacy products lack modern technology (like robust mobile apps and automation). This forced us to look outside the TR ecosystem, and we also wanted to be free to switch tax programs in the future if we chose to do so (we are currently using UltraTax CS, another legacy program).

Fixed Assets CS

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

We felt it had the best feature set and pricing structure.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are delighted to hear that you like TaxDome because of our number of features, functionality, and pricing. We are glad that you like our portal functionality, mobile device compatibility, integrated e-signatures, and payment locking features. We hope that these features will help you provide better service to your clients and improve your processes.

We understand that it can be overwhelming to set up and customize a program that has so many options and possibilities. We want to assure you that we are constantly working to improve our user experience and provide more guidance and support for our users. We offer free and unlimited chat and email support, screen-sharing sessions, and a knowledge database with plenty of help articles and tutorials. You can also check out our TaxDome Academy.

Replied 21/11/2023

Reviewed on 28/10/2023

Great in theory; not in practice

Would not recommend it.
In concept, I think TaxDome could be a great product, but it seems like they don't get the user experience and the workflow of actual accountants. I wish as they were developing their features they would jump on calls with clients and observe how they expected the feature to work and make the according changes. I am very tech saavy, but so many of their features are just so unnecessarily cumbersome or don't do what we need them to.

Pros

They are constantly making updates. The client portal is a much cleaner experience then the software we moved from. Customer service is responsive (even if not always helpful; see cons). I like being able to send clients messages and task lists - that is very helpful.

Cons

Customer service is VERY responsive, but they often seem to misunderstand what we are asking. They will propose solutions and workarounds that don't solve the problem we are describing.

There is a very active feedback board that seldom gets comments and updates about where certain features are in the pipeline. As soon as you suggest a feature it's put in the "under review" category but some features have hundreds of votes and have been "under review" for over a year with no comment from TD.

Financial Cents and Canopy

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

SmartVault was difficult for clients to navigate; their "Request Docs" had a lot of bugs.

SmartVault

Response from TaxDome

Hi there!
Thank you very much for your review. Our product team would love to hop on the phone with you and see how we can make the platform work better for you and understand your pain points.
Your name isn't visible on the review so can you please send an email to [email protected]? We'll make sure it's handled right away.
Thank you!

Replied 3/11/2023

Top TaxDome Alternatives

Firenze
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 10/01/2024

Your clients will thank you!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this software, as an end user, and will not consider working with a company for my tax prep who does NOT use this platform.

Pros

As someone who trusts the pros to prepare my business and personal taxes, I used to HATE collecting all the paperwork for tax season. It's still not my fave job, BUT the Tax Dome software and checklists actually make the process less stressful for me, by making it easier to track my progress and see what I still need to find. Anything that makes your clients happier/less stressed is a win for you as the accountant, AND will increase their timely compliance - and the fact that it makes it easier for my accounting firm to complete my taxes = less time spent for them = lower fees for me. Win-win-win!

Cons

Really, nothing. It is an elegant solution to bringing accounting and tax prep into the 21st century.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Firenze,

It's incredibly rewarding to hear how TaxDome has transformed your tax preparation process into a more manageable and less stressful experience. Knowing that our software and checklists are making a significant difference for you—and in turn, your accounting firm—truly motivates us to keep innovating.

We're overjoyed that TaxDome is not just meeting but exceeding your expectations as an elegant solution for modern accounting needs. Your enthusiasm for our platform is the highest compliment we could receive, and we're thrilled you're a part of our community.

If you have any suggestions or need assistance, please contact us.

Have a great day!

Replied 21/03/2024
Aaron

Reviewed on 29/10/2023

New User with high expectations

So far the free trial has been a good amount of time to put TaxDome through the paces with a handful of actual clients. The integration with Zapier has also been key to help easily integrate the tech stack.

Pros

I like the front-end client experience. I've had several compliments on the ease of the client portal and the ease of uploading documents.

Cons

I wish CPA Charge worked with the TaxDome invoice bill payment feature.

Zoho CRM, Trello, Canopy, Canva, QuickBooks Online, Asana and Xero

The need for automation.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

The number of integrated features really helps replace at least half of the tech stack I was originally thinking of incorporating in my initial designs. I'm so glad I gave TaxDome a try first!

Response from TaxDome

Hello, Aaron! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your experience during the free trial. We're thrilled to hear that you've had a good amount of time to thoroughly test TaxDome with actual clients! We appreciate your positive feedback on the ease of the client portal and document uploading.
Regarding your feedback on CPA Charge and the TaxDome invoice bill payment feature, we value your input. We'll take this into consideration as we work on future updates to enhance the functionality and compatibility of our features.If you have any further suggestions or if there's anything else you'd like to share, please feel free to reach out.

Replied 10/11/2023
Linsay

Reviewed on 16/08/2023

Setting up a practice and TaxDome

So far my experience has been great even though overwhelming. Customer service has been super helpful and the library of resources is huge. It's just a lot to take on at first, but I'm hoping it will pay off exponentially.

Pros

So far I'm still in the set-up phase, which is overwhelming, but I like the ability to be able to set automations so that work will move forward without someone physically doing it. The client portal is easy to use and can be branded. The document storage and portal are what drew me to TaxDome, but the other features are empowering for someone setting up a new practice.

Cons

So far there is no ability to just preview a template without adding it to the pipeline or workflow, which is creating a huge mess of tags and other items that will require clean up. The ability to view in the library without adding would be huge.

Canopy and Karbon

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

The pricing is better and more options are included in TaxDome without having to purchase add-ons like Canopy. Karbon wasn't right for my size practice.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Linsay,

Thank you very much for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are happy that you like our software, and the diversity of features we have to offer including our automations feature and document storage.

One of our main aims is to make everything available in TaxDome so that you do not have to switch between multiple apps or programs and keep everything in one place.

We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas, and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner, and selecting Feature Requests.

If you have any questions or need assistance with anything please let us know.

Replied 13/10/2023
Darren

Reviewed on 5/08/2023

TaxDome Replaces DropBox, Secure Portal Exchange, and CRM

Overall, its been a great experience. I love the fact their is a white glove on-boarding process which has been extremely helpful to my firm to help me understand the Tax Dome system and features a lot better. I would definitely recommend this software to my tax pro and accountant colleagues.

Pros

I love the fact that TaxDome replaces DropBox, Secure portal for file sharing, and CRM. TaxDome not brings these three components together, but then you also get a client portal, workflow management tool, automations with your workflows.

Cons

Like any new system, there is an implementation and adjustment period. This isn't really con, but it would be the only pain point, but totally worth the time spending on implementing and adjusting to the tax dome system.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Darren!

Thank you for your insightful review of TaxDome! It's fantastic to hear that you're enjoying the multitude of benefits it brings to your workflow. The integration of file sharing, a secure portal, and CRM functionality sounds like a game-changer.

It's impressive how TaxDome combines these essential components into one cohesive platform, along with added features like a client portal and workflow management tools. The inclusion of workflow automations further streamlines your processes, saving you time and effort.

Regarding the implementation and adjustment period, your perspective is valuable. It's quite common for new systems to require a bit of time to adapt to, but it's reassuring to hear that you view it more as a transitional phase than a true con. Your positive attitude toward investing time in learning and acclimating to the TaxDome system highlights the long-term value it provides.

If there is anything we can do for you, please reach out to us.

Replied 9/08/2023

Reviewed on 6/07/2023

Canadian accounting firm review

Pros

Has just the features we needed. Their interface is not overly cluttered like other programs, which can overwhelm new users. TaxDome is straight forward and there is more than enough online videos to walk you through how to use the program.

Cons

Pricing is not low, but also not out of the norm for practice management software. The requirement to pay one-year up front for the first license is a bit annoying as it makes you feel like you need to be all in, right away. Not saying this is a bad thing, but if you are on a tighter budget, you may want to look at lower cost software to piece together for your practice management needs.

Financial Cents, Karbon and Firm360

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

The layout and features were easier to digest than Karbon. Financial Cents were missing some integration components and document management features.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are happy that you like our software, one of our main aims is to make everything available in TaxDome so that you do not have to switch between multiple apps or programs and keep everything in one place.

We want to assure you that we strive to provide our clients with the best value for their investment by continuously improving software to increase your productivity and efficiency.

If you have any questions or need assistance with anything please let us know.

Replied 18/07/2023
Rebecca

Reviewed on 5/07/2023

TaxDome is INCREDIBLE

Pros

Tax Dome is literally the one-stop shop for document management, task management, and invoicing. I love it, my team loves it, and my clients love it. I was able to get rid of several of my programs because TaxDome does it all!

Cons

I think the only thing that is a struggle is having links inside of TaxDome open new windows.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Rebecca,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are happy that you like our software, and the diversity of features we have to offer.

We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests.

Replied 18/07/2023
Nicholas

Reviewed on 15/06/2023

Always Improving

Pros

The TaxDome team is always improving their product by taking customer input into account.

Cons

The dashboard could be more robust in regards to reporting features. I wish there was an area to track profitability of clients.

Canopy

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

We were using too many different softwares for workflow, collecting payment, e-signatures, etc.

Jetpack Workflow

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Pricing for Canopy was much too high. TaxDome also seemed to be more driven on tax services.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Nicholas,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

As you mentioned before, we would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests.

Replied 5/07/2023
Caitlin

Reviewed on 27/01/2020

Everything I need in one place

I have only been using TaxDome for a couple of months but am already noticing a change in the workflow. The setup is a bit difficult, as with any new software, but I am anticipating great things to come. So far I am enjoying the software and would recommend to any tax professionals.

Pros

I love the organization that this software brings to my firm. I can create tasks, assign tasks, communicate with clients, record billing amounts and track receivables, and keep track of what tasks are outstanding and to which staff member tasks are assigned to. This software allows me to keep a live and easily accessible audit trail of work to be completed, work in progress, and completed work so I no longer have to search individual client files for notes. This is the hub for all firm tasks and is a program my staff and I will use daily.

Cons

Some of the functions are difficult to navigate and time consuming to implement. There was also a little confusion upon set up of what I needed to do, specifically regarding the task/pipeline area. I also found the pipeline/task/tag area difficult to find as it is located under the settings tab which I would typically attribute to account settings and not task setup.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Caitlin. Your feedback is valuable to us. You can schedule an onboarding session with us by going here: [ https://taxdome.com/15] for us to assist you with setting up your pipelines and discuss the functionality of the software.

Also, to request new features, https://help.taxdome.com/article/203-how-to-request-a-new-feature-i-need - our product team is very engaged and active on our feature request board.

Replied 2/08/2021
Kristin

Reviewed on 24/04/2020

Saved Our Firm

TaxDome has saved our firm. There is no way we would have survived tax season with out it. I highly recommend this product. It brings everything all into one place. Document storage, portal and work dashboard.

Pros

This is super easy to use and get set up.

Our clients love the portal. We love how status updates can be automatically sent to the client to keep them in the loop of what stage their tax return is in.

Customer service is amazing. If you have questions, there is a chat feature and they respond very quickly.

Since this is a new product they are always adding new features.

We like how there is a to do list & kanban view of tasks. We also love the messages feature where you can send direct messages to the client.

Cons

This is a new product so there are still a few features missing. They are working on adding e-signature for 8879's which would have been great to have during tax season. They are adding new features all the time so hopefully this will be available soon.

It would be nice to be able to put notes on the face of the kanban cards so you can see them by just glancing at them and not having to open them up.

There is no way of knowing if documents have already been downloaded. If a client uploads tax documents, there is no way to know if anyone else in the firm has already downloaded them or if new documents have been uploaded there is no way to distinguish them.

Canopy and Karbon

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

We felt like we really didn't know what we needed to work on. We were still keeping track of everything in spreadsheets.

Jetpack Workflow

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

All in one features. It was like both Karbon and Canopy all in one. The cost is great too.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Kristin!

Thanks for the review. KBA is available for 8879s - https://help.taxdome.com/article/72-getting-signatures-for-your-documents#7

Check out the recent blog post on the release of Jobs, which will allow you to leave notes on a Job (card in a pipeline) - https://blog.taxdome.com/news/2020/08/13/jobs_redesign.html

Replied 27/08/2020
Sandy

Reviewed on 2/12/2020

Ease of Use and Customer Service

My overall experience with TaxDome to date has been very positive. I just finished my 2 week free trial and am excited to fully customize the software and use it to its full extent. I feel that it will make a big impact on the organization of our team and the overall client experience.

Pros

I love the ease of use for the client and the available app. I've practiced using it as a client and it is so easy to sign up, activate and upload documents and information. I have also utilized the onboarding on several occasions and have been very pleased. It's been easy to schedule a session and everyone I spoke to has been extremely knowledgeable and patient.

Cons

Creating the pipelines and understanding the relationships between tasks, templates, automations, etc has been challenging and will be time consuming to fully customize, but I feel it will be worth it in the long run.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Sandy,

Thank you for your feedback!

Replied 29/07/2021
NANCY

Reviewed on 5/02/2021

Exactly what I've been looking for

I am going to save SO MUCH TIME. TaxDome has centralized all that I do. Before TaxDome I needed my portal, DocuSign, Google Forms, Excel, Word, Notepad, etc. The amount of time I spent just in the administrative side was crushing. The process of getting an 8879 uploaded to the portal, off to the client for secure signature and back took 45 minutes to an hour. Now it's 5 minutes or less. I've gone from having so many different windows and apps open to needing only TaxDome and my tax prep software. What a relief!

Pros

It seems to be written by people who actually know how an accounting firm works. User documentation is fantastic as are the numerous tutorials. I was easily able to answer most of my questions and get instructions on how to do what I needed without needing to contact a live person. In fact, I was able to get set up and operational without any help from support. The interface is very intuitive.

Cons

In the beginning, TaxDome is a little overwhelming. I'm still getting used to the product terminology regarding clients and engagement letters which they label contacts and contracts. Those two words looks so much alike that it caused me a bit of confusion sometimes.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for your feedback!

Replied 21/07/2021
Mayra

Reviewed on 29/05/2021

Good Overall System

I was hoping to retire my share file, webhosting and marketing email accounts with Tax-dome but I have yet to see if the website will be useful. Share file allows me to share folders with more than one client but tax-dome does not. You will have to load the file to each client and update each client. And though I will be able to use tax-dome to mass email there is no birthday or holiday email function so I may have to keep the other software's for certain things. But Tax-dome does have many features the other's do not, like file locking to invoices, organizers and pipelines. But it does not completely replace all the other software.

Pros

All the features make it a great deal for the money

Cons

The software does a lot of great things once you get the hang of it. However, it is not as intuitive as promised and it is slow to move from screen to screen. You need to have a lot of time available to view lots of webinars for every feature to learn how to use it then a lot of time to customize it. Not all customizations are available. The bulk upload app is glichy and shuts down every time you put lots of files with multiple destinations. Then you have to start all over and upload file by file. The chat help is frustrating to initiate, they ask several questions and try to direct you to self help and webinars instead of chatting. You have to ask your question 3 times to get an actual person to help. The onboarding call is a bit rushed and is directed by the client so be prepared. It isn't so much an onboarding as much as an opportunity to ask your questions. They won't help you customize your website until you are a paying customer so you don't know if you the website hosting is a benefit until after you pay for the year.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Mayra,

Thank you for your feedback. Support is free and unlimited. You can schedule more onboardings to ask more questions. Our chat system uses the auto bot which helps find the root of your concern/question so we can provide a better service.

Replied 19/07/2021

Reviewed on 30/07/2021

Not perfect, still the best for a small firm

Pros

Probably the best thing about TD is that it does so many things adequately. But the strongest feature is the workflow management and the way that it harmonizes with client communication---the synergy there is market-beating.

Cons

I am disappointed in the timekeeping function, especially the reporting. It seems like a very simple function compared to their sophisticated workflow functions. It is downright primitive. I also can't figure out whether it will really be usable as a CRM. They advertise that, but I'm not sure it can really replace even the most basic CRM.

Canopy

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

The benefits of having Organizers, Secure Messaging, File Transfer, Job Tracking, and Automated Communication all exist within one integrated system. We were losing so much time transferring data between systems.

Jotform

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

The transparent pricing was probably #1. But also TD is just more powerful, if a little less slick and shiny. I feel like no one understands what Tax firms need quite like TaxDome does.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Andrew!

Thanks for your valuable feedback! I understand that our time tracker feature is not as robust just yet but we will be releasing additional functionalities soon, such as hourly rate per staff and create invoice from the time entry - that is currently in development.

Replied 11/08/2021
Lynn

Reviewed on 17/01/2022

Lynco Review of Tax Dome

I have found their tech support technicians to be very responsive. They have a good deal of reference articles. It's like every new program, there's a lot to learn and you have to invest the time.

Pros

That it is designed specifically for tax practices

Cons

There is so much to learn and knowing exactly where to start is a real challenge. The fact that you have only one option to automate in bulk (upon uploading the customer list during import) is a scary process. If something goes wrong, I have a lot of unhappy clients. If I don't make the decision at the beginning, there's no option to do in bulk later. This does not seem practical for a new user. Bulk functions should be available at any time in the process.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Lynn. Your feedback is valuable to us.

To make the learning process faster and easier, we offer screen-sharing sessions. Our specialists explain the features and provide answers to your questions.

Expanding the bulk actions feature is something that we work on. We have a Feature Request Board for paying customers, and there are many requests regarding the bulk actions.

If you wish you can have a look here for how to request or upvote a feature:

Replied 1/04/2022
Christina

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

TaxDome appears to be everything we have been missing in our firm!

We are seeing that TaxDome will help remove some bottlenecks in our firm. I also have already seen in the short time that we have used TaxDome that they reinvest in their software and are constantly looking at community requests for upgrades and spend time to develop those things.
Their customer service seems to be top-notch so far, and they will have meetings with their users as much as needed.

Pros

We are transitioning to TaxDome from another software, and we love that TaxDome integrates our email into the client dashboard. No matter who received the email it will display for every team member and work is no longer going to be bottlenecked until the individual receiving the email can get to it.

We haven't been able to build out our workflows fully yet, but this is already a major upgrade from our current software.

Cons

Our prior software provided a discounted rate for contractors because they saw that seasonal contractors are not using it all day, every day. TaxDome doesn't have this feature making the use of it way more costly than other competitors.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

The prior software just didn't fit our needs anymore as we were growing too fast in comparison to the features they have. The old software is a great option for those wishing to have a small firm or only have one or two people working within a firm. It just was no longer a fit for our needs as we grew.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

TaxDome was able to take our current CRM system (Liscio) that we paired with ClickUp for internal tasks and allows us to combine the two software platforms. This will help with efficiency within our firm. Also, TaxDome allows any team member to view communications that are sent to just my email and act on the requests. This is stress-relieving in itself, as everything was still falling onto just my shoulders to process, regardless of how much I tried to delegate to our team.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for the feedback Christina. We appreciate it. As long as you have one annual subscription, you can subscribe to our monthly subscription for your seasonal members. Please see more details here - https://help.taxdome.com/article/187-taxdome-pricing-faq#1 . Please feel free to reach out to us again if you need further assistance. Our support is free and unlimited.

Replied 24/05/2022
Jeffrey
Jeffrey

Reviewed on 3/10/2022

Tax Dome helped us handle enough business to get our own office

Our overall experience with TD has been fantastic. We were able to triple our business within the first year of us using it.

Pros

There were three accountants (partners) when we first started this business and we were working out of bedrooms and coffee shops. The only reason that was happening was because we spent 70% of our time just tracking our servicing progress for each client under each different partner. Once we found Tax Dome and moved our client success processes from Trello, Clickup, excel, and other management softwares, we were able to handle significantly more clients with this time. Our absolute favorite feature is pipeline's and being able to automate engagement letters, send invoices, and organizers to collect data.

Cons

Features I least like that are within TaxDome is the inbox+ and template (& tag) management. Inbox+ won't show the correct preview text for a notification- meaning a notification would pop up saying a client messaged us, however, the notification was triggered because I myself sent a response message. And for notifications that are actually from clients messaging us will never be properly previewed in inbox+.

Template (& tag) management can be greatly improved. When I first started using TD, I created templates for EVERYTHING. Now I use perhaps half of them yet I have not deleted the ones that are not in use simply because I do not know what templates are actually being used in a pipeline.

Externally from TaxDome, my least favorite part of it is its inability to integrate with other software such as Zapier, google sheets, and more.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Jeffrey. Your feedback is valuable to us.

We are happy that TaxDome made the whole process easier for you and your partners. The pipelines save a lot of time and effort so that you can focus on new clients.
As for the notifications, you should receive notifications only for new messages and replies from clients, and the team members will get notifications for replies from the firm owner, but there should be no notifications for your own replies.
Please reach out to our support team so that they can check on this.
For the other parts you dislike, I would like to refer you to the Feature Request Board that we have for our paying subscribers where feature requests can be submitted, and existing requests can be upvoted. We would appreciate if you could share your ideas on how to improve.

If there is anything that we can assist you with, please let us know. We will be happy to do so.

Replied 4/10/2022
Ryan

Reviewed on 14/11/2022

Finally Someone Gets It!

Pros

The Simple Simplicity Of The GUI & Product Design, Endless Intuitive Customizations.

Cons

Need more dashboard features to complete preparer payroll & commission; card vault

Canopy and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I wrote a custom solution for our firm in Power Automate; and realized that the upkeep there was untenable. I found TaxDome to be the same solution that I had created in my own imagination!

Price

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Ryan. Your feedback is very valuable to us.

We are happy to hear that you like the possibility to customize almost everything in TaxDome.
We would like you to know that our development departments are working all the time on improving the software. The Dashboard has been recently changed to Insights, and now you have different options.
User feedback is incredibly important to us, and we love to get feedback and ideas from our customers. We would appreciate it if you would share your thoughts on what can be added to the dashboard features that would improve your efficiency. You can share your ideas by submitting requests to our Feature Request Board, or by sending a reply to this response.

Please let us know if there is anything we can assist you with.

Replied 9/12/2022
Liz

Reviewed on 16/12/2022

Exceptional Platform for Tax Professionals and Bookkeepers.

Pros

TaxDome is an all-in-one service platform very helpful to tax professionals. I enjoy the different templates as it helps me to provide a more professional look and feel to my clients. I also enjoy the ability to import my clients in a batch rather than one by one. Being able to communicate and do invoicing right from Tax Dome is a win win.

Cons

I was trying to do this all on my own and found the platform overwhelming and I gave up 2 years in a row. But I know TaxDome offers what I need to take my small tax and bookkeeping practice to the next level, so I decided to take advantage of their great customer services support team and it was the best decision I could have made.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Liz,
Thank you for your kind review, It is valuable to us!

We're glad to hear that our platform has helped you provide a more professional look and feel to your clients, and that you find the ability to import clients in bulk and communicate and invoice through the platform to be convenient, and found TaxDome to be the solution you needed. We're also glad that you had a positive experience with our customer service support team. Please know that we give our best to assist our clients during the setup since we understand that it may be a bit overwhelming at the beginning, therewith we offer free and unlimited chat and email support, free screen-sharing sessions, and a knowledge database with plenty of help articles and tutorials. You can also find us on Youtube, and Facebook and you can check our TaxDome Academy

We're here to help you succeed, and we appreciate your feedback.

Replied 12/01/2023
Erica

Reviewed on 25/02/2023

Best Product Yet! Highly Impressed!

Pros

The product is easy to navigate, with much more fluids craters than it’s competitors. Everything I need is at my fingertips and clients are adjusting well.

Cons

It’s more difficult to learn the automotive workflows, but that is mostly due to me learning during peak season. I just don’t have the time to dedicate to learning as I need to right now.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Erica,

Thank you for your kind review, it is valuable to us!

We are thrilled to hear that you find our product easy to navigate and that it provides you with everything you need at your fingertips. We are also glad to hear that your clients are adjusting well to the platform.

Regarding your feedback on the difficulty of learning the automotive workflows, we understand that it can be challenging to learn new things during peak season when time is of the essence. However, we want you to know that our team is always available to provide support and assistance whenever you need it. We also have many learning resources like help articles, our TaxDome YouTube channel, TaxDome Academy, our FB Community, and more.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or need any assistance with learning the workflows.

Replied 8/03/2023
Bill

Reviewed on 31/01/2023

TaxDome

Pros

Automation of Tax Processes: Tax software can automate the process of calculating taxes, reducing the possibility of errors and saving time.Accuracy: The software uses complex algorithms and built-in tax tables to calculate taxes accurately and ensures compliance with tax laws.Efficient Record Keeping: Tax software helps in keeping records organized and up-to-date, making it easier to access information when required.Cost-effective: Using tax software can save money compared to hiring a tax professional or manual calculation.Time-saving: The automation of tax processes eliminates the need for manual data entry and saves a lot of time compared to traditional methods.Accessibility: Tax software is available online, making it accessible from anywhere, at any time.Improved Decision Making: With accurate tax information readily available, business owners can make informed decisions about their finances.

Cons

Initial Set-Up Costs: Implementing tax software may require an initial investment in terms of hardware, software, and training.Technical Challenges: The software may require technical knowledge and skills to operate, and if not used correctly, it can result in incorrect tax calculations.Limited Customization: The software may not always offer customization options, making it difficult to handle specific tax scenarios.Dependence on Software: The accuracy of tax calculations depends on the software's functionality and database, which may not always be up-to-date with the latest tax laws.Data Security: Storing sensitive financial information on a computer system may pose a security risk, and the software may require additional security measures to protect the data.Limited Support: The software may not always provide adequate support or customer service, which can be an issue if problems arise.Lack of Human Interaction: The software eliminates the need for a tax professional, which can make it difficult to get answers to complex tax questions

Response from TaxDome

Hello Bill,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

It's important for us to clarify that TaxDome is a practice management software that helps tax professionals and accounting firms streamline their workflow, manage their client data, and automate administrative tasks. Although TaxDome offers tax-related functionalities such as the integration with various tax software, e-signatures, online payments, and document management, it's not classified as a tax software.

Thank you for helping us ensure that our communication is accurate and informative. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Replied 6/03/2023
Katherine

Reviewed on 24/04/2023

Worth it!

Spent several months setting up various items to get started prior to tax season. But as with any new program, you don't know what you don't know. So the first year was a little trial and error before we were able to determine what worked for us and what didn't. That's the beauty of the program, you're able to customize it to fit your needs.

Pros

Love all the features, from bulk emails to workflow. My favorite are the pipelines. I'm able to set up multiple pipelines for projects such as LBD tax returns, Sales Tax Returns, Annual repeating pipelines for business tax, annual report, etc. Tagging the client as an individual or tagging the company, either way you are able to add all jobs to a pipeline without thinking, keeping a list or worry about missing anyone. I love the fact that TaxDome is constantly evolving to meet the needs of the users.

Cons

The user settings. Need the ability to restrict settings per user. Currently it is all of one or none of any. If you don't want a user to be able to delete an invoice and you restrict invoicing, they are not only restricted from deleting and invoice, they are restricted from viewing, or creating an invoice.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Katherine,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your kind feedback. It is valuable to us!

We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas, and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner of your portal, and selecting Feature Requests.

Replied 27/04/2023
Fabian

Reviewed on 28/08/2023

Feedback

Pros

I am just using TaxDome in free trial so I can't comment yet on the final implementation. Compared to other products on the market I like the technical support and unlimited document storage, which is usually not included in products from competitors. Also, the app looks more advanced compared to the others on the market.

Cons

Understanding how to setup / customize a pipeline to my needs wasn't very easy to understand in the beginning, even after I've done the same while testing other products on the market. Apparently, technical support is included so I'm sure with a little help, I will fully understand the system. I don't know if it's possible to adjust the layout of the portal (colors of the menu etc.) to match the company's CI, during the demo call I was told the portal is whitelabelled so I assume this will be possible somehow. If not, that would definitely be something I would appreciate in the future as the competitor's products offer that.In addition I would love TaxDome to issue QR payment slips directly when the invoicing is done through the portal. I understand it's possible to pay by credit card but that's not that common in Switzerland. Having an invoicing pipeline where at the end of the process (when the client is providing electronic signature for his tax return), the portal automatically generates an invoice and QR payment slip so clients can just scan the QR code on the screen with their mobile app, that would be a dream come true. To me, that would be a major advantage compared to other products on the market where it's a pain to use the portal's invoicing automation as a non-US company.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Fabian, thank you for sharing your insights on your TaxDome trial experience. We're pleased to hear that you appreciate our technical support and unlimited document storage. Your feedback on the initial challenges in setting up and customizing a pipeline is valuable, and we assure you that our technical support team is here to assist and guide you through any difficulties.
Your suggestion about issuing QR payment slips directly through the portal is fantastic, and we'll certainly consider this for future enhancements. We aim to make your experience seamless, especially in regions like Switzerland where QR payment slips are more common. Thank you for considering TaxDome, and we hope to continue exceeding your expectations. Have a nice day!

Replied 22/11/2023