About Kashoo

Kashoo is a cloud-based accounting solution that helps small business owners automate bookkeeping tasks. Using machine learning, the platform categorizes and reconciles expenses for bank and credit card transactions, providing...

Browse Kashoo Reviews

Bill M. Bill M.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 23/09/2021

Not good

Where do I even begin? Kashoo’s bank feeds fro my credit card show up in USD, even though the card is CAD. They had no fix for this, so the feed became largely useless. When I purchased the software on a lifetime deal, I was told I would be able to upgrade to Kashoo 2.0, an upgraded and improved product, complete with machine learning for automatic categorization of imported transactions. As it stands, Kashoo is quite clumsy and time-consuming to use. Each transaction has to be manually dealt with; there are no features that allow bulk or automatic categorization. Kashoo 2.0 materialized for a brief period, and then became Trulysmall. When I finally requested to have my subscription transferred, I was told that wasn’t an option. Without major upgrades, Kashoo is unbearable to use. Stick to the other tried and true options out there. They might cost more, but surely an additional 5-10 hours of your time per month is worth the extra $10-20 you’ll pay to get real accounting software.

Pros

It's inexpensive, that's about it, it's not good.

Cons

Clunky, lacks many features of its competitors, time-consuming, bank feeds don't always work

Michael L. Michael L.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 1/07/2019

Very good for what it does, and customer support is fantastic

Good, but needs additional functionality to be super!

Pros

It is simple and straightforward, and gives me generally what I need.

Cons

I really, really need the ability to do more than just 'Projects'. I really need to be able to nest 'Projects' or use categories and classes like Quickbooks. Plus, I need to get my data into a spreadsheet much more easily.

Vivek H. Vivek H.

Reviewed on 21/08/2016

Superb, snappy, comprehensive!

When I set up my business 5 years ago I knew I would need an easy-to-use accounting system. As an accountant myself I needed one with all the bells and whistles, and as a business owner I needed one that was easy to use from anywhere and fast and flexible. After experimenting with a number of unhappy options, I stumbled across Kashoo and it was love at first sight.

Pros

Clean, snappy interface; support for serious accounting (adjustments, transfers, trial balance, general ledger, supporting documents) over and above simple receipts and payments; cloud-based & browser-based so allows me access from anywhere and peace of mind regarding data security and backups. And I can share it all with my auditor sitting miles away at his Windoze PC so he doesn't have to take up space in my home office, where I happily update Kashoo using my iMac :)

Cons

Maybe a tad more support for drag-and-drop would be nice as would the ability to open it in multiple windows so I can cross-check and tally stuff a bit easier than going backward and forward in the same browser window.

Top Kashoo Alternatives

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 20/07/2019

Kashoo Review

No problems

Pros

Use of navigation and pop up help topics

Cons

Income and Expense pages dont "spring" back to last use eg looking at entries on say page 3 for example then leave that page but have to cycle back from latest listing page to page 3

Perhaps also better prompts on what to do at year end

Randy Z. Randy Z.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 5/04/2019

Good software and very easy to use

We have used Kashoo to help our small business owner to get their own books. By doing this way we made less mistake on bookkeeping and saved our clients lots of money.

Pros

1. Very clear interface, when I show this software to our client they could easily understand.
2. Very functional, I can enter all the data efficiently, this software also remember entries.
3. Support is always there, every time I have question I can just live chat with the support and get my answer within few minutes.

Cons

1.for our client from china we may need different languages to help those who does not understand English able to make their own books.
2. A comprehensive training would be best for users.
3. More features helping client like scan in or suggestion entries for better client experience whenever they need support.

Harmik C. Harmik C.

Reviewed on 25/06/2019

Great Software for small businesses

Pros

I like how easy it is to use on a day to day basis. It is very user friendly and easy for anyone to pick up. The customer service has also been outstanding!

Cons

It currently doesn't have the ability to link creditcards which would be awesome as some of my clients grow. I think it's a feature that's coming however

• Industry: Internet
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 25/06/2019

It works but looking at it is a pain.

Overall, it works and does what it says it's supposed to do, but as shallow as it sounds, the UI is just so hard to get past. Also, invoices do not look nice. The whole app looks like it's stuck in 2006.

Pros

It is accounting software that does exactly what the intent is, with some other added features like invoicing.

Cons

The UI is, in my opinion, one of the ugliest UIs I've ever seen. It makes me not even want to use it.

Wave Accounting and Xero
Alexandre L. Alexandre L.

Reviewed on 5/12/2016

Great cloud accounting software

Great cloud accounting software. Easy to use, nice, simple, clean interface. Connects well with payroll software.

John C. John C.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 10/04/2019

KASHOO HAS TOUGH COMPETITION IN QUICKBOOKS ONLINE

It is an excellent accounting system, but could use many of the attributes of QBO, like being able to attach documents to transactions.

Pros

It was designed by accountants for accountants.

Cons

There are many workarounds to learn. For example when you are doing multiple month bank reconciliations you must get out of reconciliation and back in to have all factors correct. Also, the system could have a more modern look and feel.

James L. James L.

Reviewed on 9/09/2015

What the doctor ordered

I needed an online accounting solution that a non-accountant could use and that could be accessed from anywhere. Kashoo has been a wonderful solution for over 3 years, and my accountant appreciates the easily exported books and ledger entries to do my annual taxes. Thanks Kashoo!!

Jean-rené A. Jean-rené A.

Reviewed on 9/10/2015

Kashoo changed the way I manage my business finances

It's hard to get into specifics as to what Kashoo did "right", simply because it just works perfectly overall, all the time. The speed of the online service is constant and fast. The regular webinars help me make sure I use the system properly and efficiently.

Lisa I. Lisa I.

Reviewed on 15/09/2015

Perfect simple product at a great price!

For someone like me, whose business is small and strictly service based with no inventory, it's straight forward and simple to use, and the price is perfect. I use quick books for my clients' bookkeeping needs, but it is more than I require. Kashoo is perfect.

Matthew M. Matthew M.

Reviewed on 29/07/2015

Our experience has been excellent. Very easy to use and nice layout.

Pros: The user interface is easy to use. Data entry is simple & concise. Reports provide detailed info and are easy to read.
Cons: Expenses module-having a one time vendor without having to setup as a new vendor if there is a similarly named vendor.

Mat K. Mat K.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Not ready to be a prime time product yet

We purchased Kashoo through a special offer on a 3rd party site. At first it seemed a little cumbersome to set up but most accounting software is clunky so we thought this was par for the course. We ran into a hiccup when we couldn't get our account balance to reconcile with Kashoo. It was a nightmare and their support people couldn't do the reconcile for us so their only advice was to delete it all and start over. No thanks, we wish we could get a refund but it's outside the window of time.

Pros

Pricing was what attracted my company to Kashoo Online Accounting.

Cons

It never properly reconciled with my bank and there is no subscription billing option.

Louis D. Louis D.

Reviewed on 17/09/2015

The value, ease-of-use and mobility

The value, ease-of-use and mobility that you bring to accounting is absolutely incredible. Additionally the understanding of this world that is so full of entrepreneurs like myself, empowers me to do what I do best.

Oliver B. Oliver B.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 5/08/2019

Great value for solid offering

Pros

Kashoo does the fundamentals really well at a great price. You can connect your banks and PayPal and setup clients, sellers and items. It’s really helped us to get our startup’s finances better tracked and the price is great.

Cons

If you use multiple currencies you can’t use the mobile app.

Davood D. Davood D.

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

Thanks For the Excellent services

Kashoo is the most friendly and easy accounting software I have used so far.
The supporting team are always accessible and cooperative.

Mark G. Mark G.

Reviewed on 6/10/2015

Great Product and Service.

I love how quick and easy it is to get answers to my questions and the staff are a credit to your company. Many Thanks.

John W. John W.

Reviewed on 6/10/2015

Good Package

Your chatroom is excellent and the package has great features at a very reasonable price. Thank You, John Weir

Michelle M. Michelle M.

Reviewed on 10/11/2015

So easy.

I love the chat option. Every time I have used it someone is right there to answer my question.

James S. James S.

Reviewed on 4/11/2015

Great App

Kashoo has simplified our accounting by quite a bit. It's very easy and fast to enter data.

• Industry: Insurance
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

Trying Kashoo for business

Pros

simple, basic software to get started for a small business

Cons

Basic software that you may outgrow. Support can be improved also.

Ryan K. Ryan K.
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 9/01/2019

Best for income mngt and expense mngt

Pros

Very user-friendly, doesn't cost anything for email/phone/chat support

Cons

Mobile app for Android doesn't exist; Not super customizable - no add-on's that I could find

Esther G. Esther G.
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

Good alternative to Quickbooks

Kashoo is helping us keep all our finances straight. We run all our accounts receivable and accounts payable through Kashoo to keep up with our bottom line.

Pros

I like their online tutorials. I have zero accounting experience, but Kashoo's tutorials have helped us to understand what and how we need to track our business finances.

I also really like how detailed it it once you get the hand of how to use it. I can see at a glance how we are doing financially.

Cons

There is a pretty steep learning curve, especially if you don't have any accounting experience at all. I found it to be very, very confusing. The tutorials helped, for sure, but there was still a lot of back and forth with customer service who seemed to get annoyed with all our questions, especially since we have NO accounting experience.

Jeff K. Jeff K.

Reviewed on 11/10/2016

I consider Kashoo to be a trusted partner in my business

Overall Kashoo is a 5 star business. I only gave them 4 stars for features and functionality because no software is ever complete. For example, the mobile receipt capture software doesn't read my receipt and fill in the data entry for me. (Hint Hint kashoo - feature request)

The apps for mobile and iPad are great. I'm able to get everything done and stay up to date easily. The mobile capture works great and means no more piles or receipts lying around. The Web UI was recently updated to add the feature to import scanned and digital receipts too - a specific feature request of mine.

Kashoo is always investing in the development of the tool and the education of their customers. The addition of Kashoo U was great for education. I also take advantage of live chat and the always on knowledge base.

My accountant even became a Kashoo MVP which I was thrilled about. I like that I can give my accountant permission based access to the data to adjust and file.

Pros

Ease of setup, ease on use. Archiving and security of data.

Cons

I like everything about it, but encourage further development of the mobile capture services. There's still room to improved workflow and save customers time and money.