About Salesforce Service Cloud

Service Cloud from Salesforce is a cloud-based customer service management solution that is designed to initiate customer service activities from anywhere. Built on the Salesforce1 Platform, Service Cloud works to centralize and...

Browse Salesforce Service Cloud Reviews

Andrew A. Andrew A.

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

Complex, but worth the learning curve

Pros

Salesforce Service Cloud has made it so much easier to customize our frontline agents' experience, with integrated knowledge hubs, tooling, and more.

Cons

There's definitely a learning curve, but ultimately I feel that the benefits are worth the time investment that the team had to make.

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

New Business Owner Tool!

I learned through this experience with Salesforce how to convert potential customers into regular customers. I always wondered how some small businesses stay afloat during economic times. They know how to connect with customers and they built a rapport with them overtime that they became a staple in the community. I used that knowledge and applied it to the platform and was blown away by the results.

Pros

I could run my employers business from anywhere. This is what sold me on the job in the first place, and this software is what made it possible. It's a one-stop shop of everything you need to know about your business. I can view potential customers, how to win over current customers, get insights into how I can approve the customer experience, and so much more. I really thought this software was going to be hard to figure out or stop me from getting the job, but this software made it possible for someone to land a job and keep it. So, I applaud Salesforce for creating an amazing product and service for businesses.

Cons

The only con I have about my experience with this software is the pricing, or at least what my boss have a problem with. My bosses infrastructure requires a lot of different products to make her business run more smoothly. I think it will help if there was a bundle deal for all the services she needs. I'm not exactly sure how she went about it, but I do know she wished she asked more questions as far as pricing and getting a better deal.

Reviewed on 16/01/2019

Salesforce Review

Massively helped our sales team with accurate forecasting and reporting. The quoting engine is amazing, and you can easily build api's to connect salesforce to your other systems.

Pros

-Very easily customizable even for people who don't know to code. However if you are able to code using apex (Salesforce's OOP), then you can virtually do anything.

-The whole user interface was revamped by the new lightining version, very easy to use and excellent reporting and dashboard.

-The 3 releases in the year have massive improvements each time

-Massive online community, any question or issues you have would have already been posted and solved on the internet. Just do a simple google search.

Cons

- Not easy to transition end users who are already on classic version to lightning

Top Salesforce Service Cloud Alternatives

Reviewed on 29/09/2018

The best CRM on the market for a reason

very good, aside from using it for day to day use I am able and proficient at building reports and adding a layer of analytics to my day to day work flow.

Pros

Really more than anything it is the flexibility. I've used Salesforce at different companies and each instance was configured uniquely and had functionality that was needed by the sales organization of that company. There are so many good tools that can be easily plugged into the solution from dialers to direct mail fulfillment services.

Cons

If anything, it can be overwhelming. The individual records can be deluged with unneeded sections and fields. Being used to salesforce, i know where to go and how to use it but if I was new to the solution this can be overwhelming.

Bob L. Bob L.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 25/10/2018

Salesforce for B2B Sales

Pros

Salesforce helps streamline the sales process for B2B sales. The ability to document the communication history with the prospect gives us valuable insight without having to rely on email. Along with that, we can keep track the RFP process, upload old RFPs, or anything relevant to the prospect on one platform. Having all the information on one platform is highly valuable, as it keeps us away from relying on old emails.

Cons

Salesforce as a base platform is a good tool, but to really take advantage of its features, you will need someone else with in-depth knowledge to make it a great tool. Someone will have to add a whole new skill-set or you're going to have to hire someone.

Jun N. Jun N.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 17/11/2016

Well worth the money!

I started using Salesforce when I first started my insurance business about 3 years ago. While shopping around for CRM's, I came upon it and selected the Manager version, which was the cheapest at the time. This is WAY lower than the other insurance CRM's on the market. So far it's working for my office and I would recommend it to anyone needing a CRM (just Salesforce Manager version)

Pros

Accessibility: both on desktop and mobile app, very reliable
User management: easy to add user
Tech Support: very friendly and professional (too technical sometimes)

Cons

Set up: features are hard to set up. I had to Tech Support a couple of times for help.
Reliabilitly: This is just one example. My producer changed one field for one client and it changed that same field all the clients. Don't know why. Has yet to call tech support to fix it.
Task management: monitoring tasks assigned to users requires running a report. If I assign recurring tasks to my user the report will return the recurring tasks in the future which isn't very useful. It'd be great if there's a quick popup where I can see the reminders/incomplete tasks of my user.
Tech Support: respond time too long

Rachel S. Rachel S.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 22/10/2018

Salesforce - Review 2018

Overall Salesforce is easy to use, it helps keep me organized when working on multiple projects, and it lets me generate ad hoc reports so I am able to collect necessary data. Salesforce is a helpful tool in the workplace.

Pros

I am able to view important account information at a glance and run detailed reports in order do track data.

Cons

If someone somewhere in the company does not input data or they input inaccurate data the information will be skewed. There is a possibility for human error that can change the results of important data, so you have to account for that.

Jesus A. Jesus A.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 12/07/2019

Great ticketing system

Benefits are great had video chatting and a small rectangle to show the calls coming in and out. sometimes worked sucked and hope salesforce to crash so i wouldnt have to work lol

Pros

Salesforce was great had very little redundant lags compared to other ticketing systems like sibeial orcale (reason why my previous job upgraded). Creating and closing cases was simple with also messages on errors to correct them. Personally like it since i got very comfortable since its user friendly. Worked great with a online cisco phone and wireless headset.

Cons

Cant say i dislike anything maybe sometimes i would have to clear all cache and cookies then restart the page to get it working again.

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Cream of the Crop

Pros

Salesforce is the the tool that everyone should use. You name it it can do it. The data that it can produce can take business to new levels, the insights between sales and support systems again help massively when integrated together. No copying, no syncing its just there.

Cons

Getting setup isn't something you do yourself it needs experts to get the most from it so can get costly fast. For inexperienced users it can be tough to get used to how it works and its "quirks".

Mike F. Mike F.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 29/08/2018

The best CRM

Great and positive experience with this product. A big investment but will give you tools to make you successful.

Pros

Salesforce is an absolute monster of a CRM. There is a huge amount of tools and data that can be tracked and reported. Once you learn how to use it, it gets much easier but there is a ton of data you can sift through depending on how your company wants to use it.

Cons

Very confusing at first. I've been using it daily for over 4 years and I'm still learning new things constantly.

Reviewed on 13/04/2018

Salesforce the ticketing system

The benefits I get from using salesforce are exceptional. I am able to check on my days off what I need to look into when I get to work. I can see if a client has replied to my inquiry or if they are still getting more information for me.

Pros

I love how easy it is to track what is going on with incidents as a user. I am able to share case numbers with my colleagues and they are able to view events with me.

Cons

I wish there was a decent mobile interface. Each time I try and access on a mobile device it is very hard to navigate.

Russell C. Russell C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 2/05/2018

Great marketing service for any team

We have been able to run a lot of successful campaigns because of this service.

Pros

It's enjoyable that you can run almost any type of campaign from salesforce. It's a powerful tool that can be customized for almost any campaign or company.

Cons

Customer service. It's really bad. We tried calling for an urgent issue we were experiencing. There were dead-end routes that would just hang up on you. It was impossible to find someone to help or actually had the ability to resolve your issue.

Marielle L. Marielle L.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 15/08/2017

SalesForce - the PowerHouse of CRM

Pros

SalesForce has unimaginable potential to manage accounts and once you develop an understanding of the relationships between items, it really is a very powerful tool. It also integrates well.

Cons

SalesForce is complicated to learn and also seems tedious to maneuver. For example, when searching for a contact you have to click to open a pop-out window, then search, then click the magnifying glass, then apply the popup. Why not auto-fill immediately?

Glen C. Glen C.

Reviewed on 24/10/2016

I love SFDC service cloud and it keeps getting better!

Service cloud has been our main CRM for a couple of years and we do have to do a lot of customization but it is definitely an awesome product. I recommend it. We are an enterprise software company and use it for our customer facing interface as well.

Pros

The software is extensible and can be configured to do so many things.

Cons

Notifications on updates are weak and we have to configure our system to notify us within the product to reduce email.

James H. James H.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 5/01/2019

Excellent Product for any size business

Pros

We have taken our business from no CRM to utilizing Salesforce and a couple of App's from their App Exchange and completely automating our sales processes and customer relations. Prior to Salesforce communication with our sales team was strictly by email.

Cons

The only negative to say about this is that they need to provide a great amount of data, otherwise a great product.

Socrates M. Socrates M.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 14/09/2016

Used this product for over 2 years now and love it

Pros

The service is great. Any time there's an issue, the salesforce team is quick and easy to reach. They can remote access in to help out with issues too if you can't rectify your problem over the phone. In addition, the software has so many resources. You can manage individuals' profiles easily and load tons of information into them so everything is in one easily accessible location.

Cons

There is a lot going on in the software so it takes a while to get familiarized with everything and develop your own style of keeping records.

• Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Sales force has always been the best in my book

We use this for tickets, customer relations, and asset management.

Pros

The software is incredibly flexible. This can meet the needs of any company with a good developer behind it

Cons

The price point is a bit high. This can really limit smaller companies from using this software. This software also would require a developer to run properly or a support package being bought.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 7/06/2018

SFDC is great in terms of creating prospect reports and tracking down communication activities

Prospecting and sales cycle statuses, communication with internal departments and building prospecting workflows.

Pros

Reports, types of filters, integration with Box and Yesware - helps me track where my salescycles and prospecting status.

Cons

I'd love to see more integration capabilities (Outreach.io) with other prospecting and communication tools, and sometime report creation on campaign, leads and contacts can be a bit complicated. Duplication removals can be a bit too manual to manage, wish this could be automated.

Danae F. Danae F.

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

Useful tool to view and log customer interactions for a large sales team.

Pros

I like being able to see who spoke with a customer prior to my interaction with that customer. It helps to have background information when helping a customer through an issue.

Cons

It did not integrate well with our other program we used at the time (sx). As a result we had to double document things and it got confusing.

Kulia P. Kulia P.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 5/02/2020

Love it

Overall experience is awesome. I still use this software often

Pros

I use this software for work, it’s very useful and easy to use. It’s good for uploading documents and sharing them.

Cons

I do not have anything about this software that I don’t like. Like states it’s very easy to use and good for work.

Ailyn mae E. Ailyn mae E.

Reviewed on 17/11/2018

Salesforce is a platform where you can see requests

Pros

This app is very convenient. you can easily access this through mobile app. you can respond to clients request and support them with their issues using this platform

Cons

Sometimes when using this app in mobile phones, it crashes way too often, and also sometimes im having problems in recognizing url.

Emmanueliza L. Emmanueliza L.

Reviewed on 8/12/2018

Reliable support software

Pros

We've been using this for years and I can say that it really helped build better relation with our clients. This platform gives us better way to give support and suffice their needs.

Cons

When I access this on my phone, it gets crashed. I experienced it only thrice. But now it runs smoothly

Annaliese T. Annaliese T.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Powerful Efficiency Took

From an Account Manager standpoint this program is easy to use and makes sense to be able to complete my job on a day to day basis.

Pros

I love the fact I can find mostly everything with the search bar. I have worked with both the Salesforce Console 2.0 and Salesforce Lightening. I like the ease of finding the dashboards and reports in Lightening and in Console 2.0 the organization of the platform was set up really well.

Cons

It times out, or freezes a few times a day.

Richard T. Richard T.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 25/02/2019

Excellent Cloud Based Solution

I think this is a decent product and works very well. I wish their tech department was more available for questions/support.

Pros

I love how you can essentially take the company with you because it is placed in the cloud. It can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons

It could take days to get a responce from the support dept.

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 12/11/2018

A necessity.

Pros

We use Salesforce every single day - it is the lifeblood of our internal actions and almost everything that we do, in one way or another, goes through Salesforce.

Cons

The interface isn't ideal, it could be spruced up a little bit. But at the end of the day, this is a minor complaint.