About PurelyHR

PurelyHR is powerful modular HR software for small to medium-sized businesses. Our cloud-based platform simplifies your everyday HR tasks including leave management, employee directory and onboarding, time tracking, performance...

Browse PurelyHR Reviews

• Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 16/02/2021

Gets the job done

Great for what I use it for. Haven't experienced any issues. As I've said, it gets the job done.

Pros

An easy to use platform, PurelyHR serves as our time off management service. We don't use all of its features and capabilities, but for what we use it for it does the job well.

Cons

The interface is a little bit behind the aesthetic times. It's not as flashy and 'cool' looking as some other platforms, but that's not really an issue. It works.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying PurelyHR and appreciate the feedback.

Replied 18/02/2021
Isabella K. Isabella K.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 4/04/2019

Purely HR - Time off manager

Made my life so much easier in terms of staff time off and managing my own time off

Pros

This site has really helped me keep track of which of my staff are taking time off and when, it allows me to look at an overall callender and see who will be working when and I dont have to make notes or think about it. It also lets me approve or not approve time off and adds the approved time off to my google calendar! Its genius!

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about it. If I had to choose something It would have to be trying to figure it out on y own, I did have to be shown how to use it by someone else.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Isabella,

Yay! We are so happy that PurelyHR was able to help you.

We hope you enjoy all the benefits of having an automated and simple process for your company's time off.

Thank you for leaving such a kind review.

We appreciate you!

Replied 17/04/2019
Ryan K. Ryan K.
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

PurelyHR

Before implementing Purely HR we were using paper sheets and a log book to keep track of PTO. Now with Purely HR we have greatly reduced the amount of hours in logging time off and the users are now able to see there balance without having to calculate it or ask HR.

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to only use the time-off portion of the software. also the ability to access it from everywhere and any device.

Cons

Changes to Policies do not apply to users that already have the policy without re-applying the policies.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

WOW, Thank you so much for sending us such a wonderful review!

It's always exciting for our team to receive such great feedback. We love to assist an help companies like yours with their HR needs.

Once again, much appreciated!

The PurelyHR team

Replied 30/05/2019

Top PurelyHR Alternatives

June G. June G.

Reviewed on 5/12/2017

Excellent time off tracking solution

The ability for our employees to see their own accrual balances without having to use our payroll system.

Pros

Ease of use. The program is very easy to use for both myself and our users. I like the fact that we can customize it for days and not just hours.

Cons

Nothing really. Maybe the recent price increase. Also, sometimes the reports print in a font that is too small. And there are a few areas within the system that still show as hours rather than days (we like to have days like. 833 days.)

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi June, We are thrilled to hear that you and your team are enjoying the simplicity of Time-Off. Your issue has been noted and we will look into improving this feature for your convenience. Thank you for leaving a review! We truly appreciate it. Sincerely,- PurelyHR.

Cari M. Cari M.

Reviewed on 5/12/2017

Easy to use, reporting is great.

Pros

It was very easy to set up. Employees find it easy to use. Bring a manager, I like the custom reminders.

Cons

I like pretty much everything. If I could change anything it would be that the employee number prints on the emails.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Cari, We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy the simplicity of Time-Off. Thank you for your feedback. We will look into your request and see if we can make a change to improve this process. We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a friendly review. Sincerely, - PurelyHR

Erin C. Erin C.

Reviewed on 22/06/2017

Easy to Use and Functional

Pros

Easy to import users and do bulk user updates. Accessible for our staff from anywhere and user friendly. Customizable to which fields you can have agents select. Mutli-site capable and can accommodate as many programs and buildings as necessary.

Cons

If an agent is removed from assignment, you have to in and delete all existing upcoming request offs by hand. We would love for all of them to be able to be auto removed.

Deb M. Deb M.

Reviewed on 5/12/2017

I love this program. It has been a great time saver for my office.

Pros

The ability it has for all employees and managers to see their leave balances on an up to the minute basis. Also, it saves me an enormous amount of time posting leave and reconciling balances for employees.

Cons

It doesn't have a detailed user manual. My roll out period was very long and confusing. Thank goodness you have great customer service.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Deb, We are happy to hear that you and your staff are enjoying Time-Off. We are also happy to let you know that we are working on a detailed user manual. Thank you for leaving a review! We truly appreciate it. Sincerely,- PurelyHR.

Matthew K. Matthew K.

Reviewed on 17/05/2021

Purely HR - great system, better experience!

The customer service is excellent! I was able to set up the system by myself from their tutorials and help support. When I got stuck, I had a call with their customer service who helped verify things were working the way I wanted them to and suggested some other uses.

The user experience has been very positive and it's making our HR processes much more streamlined and simple to view and access.

Pros

It's a very user-friendly system that has a lot of capabilities. Simple features that can be modified to the specific needs of a company. It looks good and is easy for all users - a huge time saver!

Cons

It's 'simply' an HR system and we don't use it for anything other than a database for employees and tracking vacation.

Not fully functional in multiple languages.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We're glad you're seeing the benefits of PurelyHR and appreciate the feedback!

Replied 27/05/2021
Olha N. Olha N.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

Very satisfied

Overall it helps our employees to manage and plan their PTO. We've had only positive reviews.

Pros

Easy to use. Saves time and helps plan time off. Reminders and reports are also very useful.

Cons

Had some issues with combining calendars for 2 different departments, but customer service helped me with that.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

WOW, Thank you! We love to hear about our clients and how they feel PurelyHR helps them.

From the bottom of our PurelyHR hearts, a sincere thanks for spending a minute to leave such a kind review for us.

Replied 27/05/2019
Susan M. Susan M.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 26/10/2016

Great Product!

We like the ease of use with this system. There is so much more to the program that we are not using. We initially wanted it for the vacation tracking. Thank you for your quick response to questions. Would love a way to have the employees see an entire month with the other employees timeoffs at some point. But overall, we very much love this system.

Pros

The ease of set up.

Cons

Still learning how it works on renewing time offs on Employees anniversary.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Susan,

Thank you very much for you kind review. We are happy to help if you have any questions at all. Our customers appreciate and expect our prompt responses, therefore we make it a priority.

We hope you continue to enjoy and learn more about what our system has to offer.

Michael B. Michael B.

Reviewed on 16/05/2018

From set up to implementation, great experience.

Time off Tracking and STAFF calendar

Pros

Ease of use. Calendar function. Setting up timed email reports. Management reporting. Customer support team has answered any questions we had pretty much instantly.

Cons

Customizing accruals for midyear hires is a bit difficult. All else is great. Would like to see the customization function set up a bit more streamlined.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Michael,

Thank you much, for taken the time to send us wonderful feedback. Our team is always working on enhancing and making improvements to the tool, therefore any feedback we love to hear it.
Our support team is always there to help you with any issues, questions, concerns you may have as well.

PurelyHr team

Replied 22/05/2018
Gabriel L. Gabriel L.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016

Extremely flexible PTO Management

We are unionized, and have unnecessarily complicated rules around paid time off. Timeoffmanager was the only system I was able to find that could be programed to work with our rules. The managers are able to use it which says a lot (they are not tech literate at all).

The downside to a totally flexible system is that it can be a little complicated in the setup. The customer service staff are Canadian and very knowledgeable friendly, and can help during this process.

They are constantly adding new features, and fixing old issues. They recently changed the formula of a report for me to be more accurate.

Very affordable compared to what else is out there.

I highly recommend

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Thank you for your Review Gabriel! We are happy to hear that we have been able to satisfy your company`s needs.

We look forward to continue helping your team with new features and products.

Time-Off Manager Team.

Replied 8/03/2016
Jo L. Jo L.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016

Easy to use and our staff loves it! Can be accessed from any device and no more paperwork.

The software has fulfilled most of our needs for tracking paid time off of our staff. The best part is no more paperwork for everyone and ease of access and use.

Setting up the software and getting started was slower and confusing at the beginning, however, support staff was helpful and got us thru the "bumps". I would suggest better training and setup instructions, which were often hard to understand and how to apply to our company handbook.

The software needs a few changes in the approval process for time off, but overall on a scale from 1-10, I would rate it an 8.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Jo,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to hear you are finding Time-Off Manager very useful.

You will be happy to know that we are currently creating a Online Customer Knowledge Base with a wide variety of resources to effectively guide all users.

Replied 11/03/2016
Kelsy B. Kelsy B.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

great price! allows for policy customization. is relatively user for those on a desktop

the ability to run reports and better track time off. If it had an app I would rate it an 8.

Pros

great price. good policy flexibility. attractive platform. user friendly for those on desktop computer.

Cons

There needs to be an app!!!!! The website is not very mobile friendly. The whole point is to encourage our employees to use the system but that is very difficult without an app. Most of our employees do not have desktops but rather mobile devices.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Kelsy,
We want to Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback. We truly appreciate everything you've shared.
We can also say that an APP is something we've been definitely talking about for future development.

Team PurelyHr

Replied 16/05/2018
Gabriel B. Gabriel B.

Reviewed on 21/03/2016

I`ve used this software to manage the time of 30 employees and it made my job a lot easier!

I really enjoy the tables that give each employee a summary with outstanding time remainining. The advantage is that it is user-friendly and people can login from our smartphone or anywhere. We don`t need to come to the office to use the software.

I`m sure managers could use it even more to a greater potential if an advance training could be giving on increasing effeciency. Too many emails from TOM can be a cons as well.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Gabriel,

We are happy to hear that Time-Off Manager have helped relieve time spent managing your employees!

As for the training, You will be happy to hear that we working on a new Customer Knowledge Base that will be launched shortly to give access to a wide variety of guides to help you and your staff with a wide variety of tasks and simplify the learning curve!

Thank you for leaving a review! We truly appreciate it.

Replied 30/03/2016
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

Once you are set up, you are in great shape to use the software.

Eliminated a ton of paperwork.

Pros

Very attractive interface, both from the employee and supervisor perspective. Eliminates the paper work and sign-offs we were using before, information is easy to use for payroll and helps managers have an idea of their staffing levels.

Cons

Initial set up was a bit clumsy, particularly when dealing with unusual accrual rules. We should have implemented over the Christmas break, doing the transfer during regular work is a bit like chasing a moving target.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us with your feedback.

One thing we took note here was the difficulty setting up. We understand that the level of complexity can differentiate with each company.

As you also know, our success team is always on standby to help!

Team PurelyHr

Replied 16/05/2018
Pamela B. Pamela B.

Reviewed on 18/03/2016

Managing Time Off is easy with Time-Off Manager

Efficient request process as well as cancellation of time off process. Easy to locate time earned and generate a print out of time taken and scheduled. Managing requests with this application is expedient for both the employee and their manager. Employees that travel can access this information and make requests at their convenience from any location. Additionally, with specifications set by the administrator, a user can immediately see when the max number of employee's off has been reached. You can adjust your time off requests quickly when that occurs.

Con: I would like a quarter or year at a glance view.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Pamela,

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying TOM's ease of use!

Thank you for leaving such a nice review!

Replied 21/03/2016
Derek L. Derek L.

Reviewed on 16/06/2011

Initial Review

Excellent; highly recommend.

Pros

Night and day from our previous system; this has cut down my manager's work load tremedously.

Cons

We have different managers on site all with their different groups; I like the process to be easier for adding/removing technicians under then (due to vacations). Currently, when manager is on vacation, we can add a group very easily to the manager covering. However, when trying to remove people, you have to do it one technician at a time verus one button that will remove a group.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Derek,

We are happy to hear that Time-Off Manager have helped relieve time spent managing your employees time-off!

Thank you for leaving a review! We truly appreciate it.

Replied 29/03/2016
Amy W. Amy W.

Reviewed on 7/04/2016

Great software.

We began using TOM 2 years ago and it is many times better than keeping track of leave time through ADP. And we save money too. Not just on the subscription price, but also on man-hours. It is very easy to use both on the admin side and on the employees side. It does take a while to customize though. And as a school, with different types of leave, hours worked and renewal times depending on the position, it has been tricky. But I always find the customer support to be very responsive.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Amy,

We are happy to hear that Time-Off Manager has been able to help your school manage staff absences more efficiently!

Thank you for your loyalty and leaving such a friendly review! We truly appreciate it.

TOM Team.

Replied 18/04/2016
Jason S. Jason S.

Reviewed on 1/12/2011

ToM Allows Me To Take Time Off!

This is a great product, very reliable, and easy to use. After reviewing several options this was by far the hands down winner. I have not second guessed my decision at all.

Pros

This product is very easy to use and implement. It offers a great amount of flexibility to accommodate numerous configurations. The auto accrual features are great. The calendar options are very robust as well. Many configurations/options are set once and you never have to touch them again. Customer support response is phenomenal. Very quick and very thorough every time.

Cons

Sometimes certain functions/features are a bit hard to locate.

Bret B. Bret B.

Reviewed on 31/03/2016

You'd be an IDIOT Not to Use This Software

The program works, it's great, and it's SO intelligently done that even a monkey can use. it The program continues to evolve or get better with time as well. It seems like there is a new feature or added functionality every week. We here at Quality Logo Products love us some Time Off Manager!

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Bret,

Wow! Thank you so much for the kind words. We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a friendly review.

We are thrilled to hear that your team at Quality Logo Products loves Time-Off Manager!

We promise to continue developing new quality features and products for you to enjoy!

Again, Thank you.

Replied 4/04/2016
Leora F. Leora F.

Reviewed on 17/03/2016

Ease of use and easy to navigate through the different options

Our company has been using Time-off Manager software for about two years. It accurately computes vacation & personal time balances. It is very easy to navigate through even if one isn't computer savvy. Their customer service staff is exceptionally knowledgeable about their product. They will spend whatever amount of time necessary to resolve a problem. They are continually adding new features to the software. Many of them are due to customer feedback. We would highly recommend Time-Off Manager to any company looking for an excellent product which offers exceptional service and is reasonably priced.

Kristine N. Kristine N.

Reviewed on 26/10/2016

Great and Easy way to manage time off in a small office setting!

This has been a wonderful tool to help manage time off in our small office setting. It is easy to work with and it keeps everything really organized. You can customize to your liking and even have it directly work with you and your employee by email. Customer service was also great while getting it set up.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Kristine,

We are glad to hear that our system has solved your issues and keeps everything organized!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

PurelyHR Team.

Casey K. Casey K.

Reviewed on 29/03/2016

Simple to use and effective

Nothing negative to say. This software replaces a messy EXCEL solution and we have never looked back. The software is easy to use, saves me countless hours and makes a tedious HR job a breeze. I have recommended this software more times than I can count.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Casey,

We are thrilled to hear that Time-Off Manager has helped you improve the efficiency of your leave management system!

Thank you for your kind review as well as your referrals, we truly appreciate it.

Replied 4/04/2016
Alycia A. Alycia A.

Reviewed on 31/01/2017

The BEST! No Regrets!!

This system functions on its own... whenever you have a question about something, you will receive an immediate response! It just makes complete sense... no unnecessary bells and whistles. To the point perfection!

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Alycia,

We are so happy to know Time-Off is working for you and your company. We absolutely love to read great reviews like these!

Thank you for your referral, we hope you continue to enjoy our product!