About AestheticsPro

Aesthetics Pro Online is a cloud-based, HIPAA-compliant medical spa management solution that offers staff management, calendar management, client management, point-of-sale and marketing management functionalities within a...

Browse AestheticsPro Reviews

Leanne B. Leanne B.

Reviewed on 22/10/2021

Just Started Software Again

So far everything and everyone we have dealt with has been very helpful. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was fantastic with following up with my questions/emails but also not hounding me and just trying to sell me the software. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been very attentive in her responses and helpful with anything we need so far. Our onboarding call with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was great. She was very informative and clear in her explanations.

Pros

We like that it is similar to what we've been using, so it will make our transition easier. We have used Aesthetics Pro in the past (5 years ago) and the enhancements since then are very beneficial and efficient.

Cons

It would be nice if lab integration could become an option.

AdvancedMD EHR and DrChrono

Reasons for Choosing AestheticsPro

We use multiple systems (Square Appointments/POS, Dropbox for document storage, Rxnt for Eprescribe) and were looking for a system that has all features available but not a large cost.

Reasons for Switching to AestheticsPro

The other systems have more features that we don't need and could not make inactive.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

We are so happy that you are everything is going well with your software implementation!

Replied 22/11/2021
John C. John C.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 1/02/2019

2nd review for this company, I left review April 2017

Once I started using the rewards program, I noticed if you discount a service or procedure, the rewards do not adjust. I also noticed right away, that is they use rewards to reduce cost at POS payment. The points do not adjust either. So, basically they getting full point valve no matter what. Even if you enter a discount in the POS. I calculated the extra points being issued would bring 1000's of losses to the business, for a incorrect rewards system. Within a year, 10,000's. I also learned quickly, that clients/patients where being charged tax on the gross amount of the sale. No reduction in tax, if reward points are used. So, I discovered 100's of over charges to clients and 100's of tax liabilities to my business. within 20 days of using the rewards program, I reported this. I was told that's the way it was designed and that's the way it is staying. I pleaded to have them change it. I manually, everyday need to adjust each and every sale. And, only the administrator account can adjust reward point. NO OTHER USERS can. I pleaded they fix that also. Nothing changed. I stated 1000's of your users are losing money and taxing incorrectly. It's now over 9 months and no newsletter to clients stating this fault and rewards program unchanged. Also they replied to my last review on this site, they did fix EMV after months of battle also. But, no one has reached out to me to strengthen the terrible customer service. They need to FIX THIS ASAP.

Pros

90% of the platform and software is excellent for my Med Spa application. Read my other review on some other specifics, none of that has changed.

Cons

Customer service and lack of accountability when they have issues or created a faulty environment for business users. So many times when you write a ticket, they are disbelieving that an issue has occurred and 4% of time will admit it. I have requested a new account manger for months now. WITH no response. Here is a major issue. In April 2018 they released a rewards program, which is brilliant and excellent for the current market of customer retention. I was very excited, so I launched a campaign to all my clients and potential new clients. BUT, it's losing my business money if I don't adjust every sale. And, I warned them, 1000's of their existing accounts are at jeopardy also. No action has been taken in 9 months.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

John, thank you again for your candid feedback. As stated previously within tickets and email we feel their might be a disconnect between how you expected the Rewards System to function, and how it actually functions. We apologize for this disconnect, but short of a full redesign of the feature there is not much we can do. Our support staff will continue to assist with any inquiries you have, and we welcome further correspondence through appropriate channels.

Replied 19/02/2019
Mary L. Mary L.

Reviewed on 1/10/2020

Awesome customer service and an easy to use software system

This has been the easiest part of starting my business!! The team is very helpful and responsive to my emails.

Pros

Aesthetics Pro is easy to navigate, add services and products and has a very dynamic e-record creator. I was very pleased that the software has hundreds of pre-created consent forms, treatment records, provider forms for literally EVERY aesthetic service that I could think of offering to my clients. I can pick and choose the ones I want to see, easily alter and create entirely new forms and send them to my clients e-portal to sign. The medical record side of the software is very easy and pretty, lol. The calendar, appointments and even email response to clients is very functional and easy to use. I should know because I have set it all up myself. With the help on the Support Team, Support Webinar, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the rest of the Onboarding Team.

Cons

I would like to be able to add "disposable" products like syringes, gauze, needles that are not charged to the client and have the system provide a profit/loss with these items included.

PatientNow

Reasons for Switching to AestheticsPro

This system does everything and is based in a cloud so all I needed was my computer. The decision was easy and all for a very affordable price.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Mary! We appreciate the kind words and are happy you are finding success.

Replied 22/10/2020

Top AestheticsPro Alternatives

Ember P. Ember P.

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Mixed Feelings

Overall, we enjoy the software. We wish we could customize more things within the software, such as certain reports. A help menu would also be a welcome addition. However, we do like that we can have multiple levels of access so each employee has what they need but do not have access to unnecessary features as we see fit. Would cautiously recommend this software.

Pros

I love the features available within this software, it is exactly what we needed to begin paperless record keeping with our clients. We like all of the reports we can run & the overall look of the software is great.

Cons

I don't enjoy having to create a "support ticket" to ask simple questions, a HELP website would be great. Often we get a response that "the development team is working on it" when we bring up an issue. Some of the features within AestheticsPro are faulty & need to be updated.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Ember, we will have an Account Rep reach out to you to discuss employee access as we do have tiered privileges. We will also work out a Help Plan with you!
-AestheticsPro Team

Replied 28/12/2018
Lisa G. Lisa G.

Reviewed on 13/10/2017

the aesthetics pro software is a great program but is very cumbersome to learn. Frustrating.

Affordable, once it is set up I might like it, very very hard to set up. Needs a user manual or something.

Pros

There are a lot of great features about this program, marketing, e blasts, scheduling, check out, that are really cool - it is just very slow going and difficult to learn. Support staff are pretty quick about giving answers to your "support tickets" you create. It is cool to chart on your services with the little click on drawings and drop down menus. That part is easy and fun.

Cons

There is no user manual or help screen where you can research topics. This program is so complex to set up, and it literally has taken hours and hours and hours to do. They have training videos, but it is very time consuming to keep watching over and over while trying to set up your software. There has to be a better way, but I guess the low price makes it a do it yourself type of service. There are so many hidden icons, buttons, forms you have to edit and they have out of date lasers, so that is frustrating. You can have the marketing team make specific forms if they don't have what you need but this is at an additional cost, which they did not tell us upfront when we signed up. The template feature for marketing was also very hard to learn.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Lisa! There are handful of training materials available through our Account Management team that you may request directly via email to help assist you further

Replied 2/01/2018
Deborah H. Deborah H.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 30/03/2021

Horrible customer service, records lost, waste of time and money

Lately, not very good at all.

Pros

Integration was easy unfortunately that's all that was.

Cons

Half of the documents don't save - when asking customer support for support they only ever say they can't reproduce the problem and therefore the problem doesn't get fixed.

Customer support - takes hours and then no support, every time, waiting for a response/fix/support the question is answered with a question, what type of computer what browser, have you cleared your cache, do you have the latest update...answer these...the same every time, then wait again for an answer or some help with the software problem...working on the same problems for well over a year now, still no resolve.

Spending more time and money paying my staff to submit 'tickets' for problems then for them to be able to do what I'm supposed to be paying them for; seems we're giving customer support to APs customer support staff more then they are giving us support. Staff report the responses seems to be getting less and less supportive, and that they are receiving less than professional responses.

The amount of time we spend trying to get assistance is unbelievable.

The customer support keeps closing the 'tickets' even though they haven't fixed the problem (s).

Seriously need to revamp their 'support'

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you for the candid response Deborah, we will have your Account Liaison touch base to offer more assistance. It does appear that many of your tickets are closed due to inactivity because of a lack of response. Our Support Team is more then happy to see your issues through to full resolution but that cannot be accomplished without maintaining correspondence. We truly want to help, but sometimes your assistance is a necessary part of the troubleshooting process.

We will be in touch!

Replied 7/04/2021
Miranda P. Miranda P.

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

Wish we could have made it work

We tried to work with the support team to gather data, screen shots, videos of errors and be available around the clock to help them trouble-shoot in the hopes of finding solutions so we didn't have to start all over with a new EMR but they unsolicited offered to let us out of our contract without penalty instead so I assume they didn't foresee a solution in the future. We also confirmed with other practices that they have had similar issues but maybe not as often simply due to the fact that no one was spending hours a day going back through charting to confirm accuracy of inventory/records/etc. But if noted without searching for problems then most likely there were more undetected.

Pros

Simplicity of use; customer service promptness in replies; and Cost.

Cons

It is full of glitches that are not related to user error. We spent multiple hours a day trying to problem solve within the software. Turns out they have several display errors and other issues that are not designed practically. For instance, it was tripling our inventory simply based on the fact that we had 3 staff members included in the appointment so it could be on their calendars but it was tripling the services also; which doesn't make sense because there will always be more than one staff for surgeries/procedures/etc that need to have on their calendar but should not add additional services and products for patient with each staff member included on appt. And the actual services entered were verified to be entered correctly, one time. Also, the records were not saving all the data and diagrams, even though we were in fact saving and using recommended browser. Records were half empty when we went back in to view later for a refresher and it was multiple charts and we videoed our staff charting and saving and getting confirmation of saved and then going back in and it was partially gone. This was just a couple of the many issues we faced.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Miranda, we appreciate the thorough review. However, as discussed in previous correspondence many of the issues being experienced are indeed end-user or set up related errors that could easily be rectified. This was noted as multiple attempts to recreate issues with our support team were unsuccessful and apparent glitches were only presenting when our team was not on share screen with your staff. With that said, a display issue was uncovered that ended up being directly related to system users erroneously voiding invoices multiple times.

We do offer multiple training sessions to ensure your staff is up-to-speed with the functionality of the software and that set up was done properly; but these offers have been declined. Ultimately, this is why we optioned to waive cancellation fees - in order to ensure you felt comfortable with the choice you had to make. The success of your business matters to us! Even if that involves separation of service.

-AesheticsPro Team

Replied 24/07/2019
Richard M. Richard M.

Reviewed on 9/09/2016

A Terrific System for Managing our Business

Our experience with Aesthetics Pro has been superb. The training our employees received was very comprehensive, the customer support has been attentive and timely in responding to our needs, and the robust reporting features allow us to make accurate and informed decisions on how to navigate our business. It has been a pleasure working with Aesthetics Pro, and the software has been indispensable in the management and development of our company. I would highly recommend it.

Pros

Easy to navigate, great for managing our business, reporting is flexible and robust, customer service is responsive and comprehensive

Cons

Occasional bugs

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Richard, thank you for the review and your continued patronage of AestheticsPro as your software partner. We are very happy to be a part of LightRx and look forward to what your business has in store for the future!

Replied 14/11/2016
Leslile P. Leslile P.

Reviewed on 12/04/2021

Elite Body and Med Spa

Its a one stop system, covers everything which I like. Good reports, excellent product and service build out, inventory management, etc

Pros

Once the back end is set up its' great. Package pricing is easy, reports are excellent and run accurately if your back room system is built correctly.

Cons

I would have preferred to have an assigned team person from aesthetics pro to work with me over 3 weeks which is about what it takes to really establish all of the front and back office systems.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Leslie!

-AestheticsPro Team

Replied 10/05/2021
Shawn K. Shawn K.

Reviewed on 30/04/2020

Thanks for being available to help

so far so good -- I appreciate and like the trainers and the tech support people who are trying to help and take their time - It much more time than I expected to get familiar and prep the EMR to be used - Lots of work to add services and prices , etc -- that is a very negative factor -- There should be pre built services /etc and then online one-one help to customize all over the phone .
but I am glad I good A Pro

Pros

Integration of pay+marketing+medical record
Being online so can be used in anywhere with internet connection
month to month subscription
no need to download to computer

Cons

-Lots of setting needs to be done - Many setting could be already pre-Load and we only need to edit it .
- Should be integrated with much more payment processing companies /options ( not only with Worldpay)
- E-Record should have more + easier access to documenting patient's H&P document - Going to office note should have its own tab in main menu so we access, review and document pt information .
-Less pricy for multiple provider use

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Shawn, your account liaison will be in contact with you to coordinate further assistance in getting your system set up. We can help you every step of the way.

Thanks!

Replied 28/05/2020
Warda A. Warda A.

Reviewed on 19/07/2021

Customer Service

I am learning so much and I have a feeling its all going to come in handy. Appreciate this product.

Pros

The software can be a little bit challenging but with time I honestly I am glad I made the decision to purchase this program. It is user friendly and I love the support that I have gotten from this company. I also want to take the time to thank [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for taking his time with me. He went above and beyond in teaching me. I personally am not a tech person and I truly appreciated his knowledge and the fact he took the time to make sure I completely understood him. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT].

Cons

The one thing that I wish aesthetic pro had is in house training. The videos should be used as resource but I just wish a person came in the office to train me.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Warda!

-AestheticsPro Team

Replied 5/08/2021
Dwayne W. Dwayne W.

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

Happy User

The package does what we need it to do. But it does need some revisions. I spoke to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] about this and will be following up with some of my recommendations.

Pros

Ease of use. Pretty much does everything we want our Medical Spa software package to do. Customer Service department is great. Always fast response. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was fantastic. Passionate about the software and excited to explain it's functionality.

Cons

Lack of reporting capabilities. Certain features are included in the package, but they don't really fulfil their purpose.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Dwayne! We will be sure to discuss your recommendations with Austin and determine where we may be able to work them into our development schedule.

Replied 7/11/2019
Summer H. Summer H.

Reviewed on 15/05/2020

Glad there are new updates happening!

Overall positive and I feel it's improving

Pros

I like that charting can be viewed from home or the office

Cons

I wish there were saved text options for charting. We have to free hand type all the additional information we need to put in for every client and every treatment, or copy/paste/edit from a word doc.

I also wish prior info would flow to new docs (like allergies, etc).

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Summer!
-AestheticsPro Team

Replied 28/05/2020
Bradley A. Bradley A.

Reviewed on 9/02/2021

New User

The biggest thing that we are experiencing is that now we don't need to have 4-5 different programs to run our business effectivly. Everything is contained and managed in one program.

Pros

The software is fairly easy to setup. It has all the tools that we need to run our operation efficiently. It even has room to expand as we grow.
We also really like the training videos and support when we have questions. They also have suggestions for the developers.

Cons

There are only a few minor features that could use some adjustments to make it easier for the operator. These have been forwarded to development.
Some of our clients are having some trouble with the software depending on what device they are using. Samsung users without Chrome.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Bradley! We are happy you chose us! In the future remember remember we advise Chrome on all devices except iPads, if you are using a Samsung your best experience will be with Chrome.

Replied 18/02/2021
Nancy G. Nancy G.

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

Aesthetics Pro Software

My overall experience has been absolutely positive especially with the help of the Support Team. They are truly fantastic and very quick to answer any questions.

Pros

I've used the software for a few months and learn something new about it every day. I find it covers every aspect of my business all in one place. It's absolutely user friendly.

Cons

Getting through the set-up is challenging even with videos.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Nancy! We are so happy are software is covering your needs! Don't forget that your Account Liaison has coordinated a second onboarding sessions to assist with software set up and easing some of the challenges you are facing. We are always here to help!

Replied 22/10/2020
Cynthia P. Cynthia P.

Reviewed on 23/05/2018

Very unhappy with responses from customer support

Too many "clicks" and steps to insure that a payment is processed correctly. Too much room for human error! If you forget to click all these icons, the credit card number is not captured; therefore you are not compensated for your products and services. Not a user friendly Point of Sale system

Pros

Easy to schedule appointments. I do like the calendar and being able to see the full day and everyone's schedule.

Cons

The point of sale side of Aesthetics Pro is a NIGHTMARE! and I feel the training is VERY inadequate. Sending our staff a link to a couple of YouTube videos is a VERY POOR training protocol in my opinion!!! We have had nothing but problems for the last 5 months that we have used this system . Every time that we contact support, they offer "glitches" as the reason for any problems with functionality. Reading over others' reviews, the word "glitch" is used dozens of times. They need to take responsibility and own their flaws!! Some invoices look like a double charge which has resulted in credit cards being refunded when in fact there was never a double charge. This has caused our office to either let it slide and lose thousands each month or you have to call your patient to recollect a payment and that makes YOU look incompetent and could cause your clients to lose faith in you as a provider.

Krystal W. Krystal W.

Reviewed on 17/01/2018

I have tried multiple software systems and each time I have changed... I end up coming back!

Pros

Being able to access from anywhere
Reports
Inventory
Eric Haugland (my account manager) has been so helpful. Each time I contact him he quickly gets back to me.
Marketing options
Overall the software is great.

Cons

Not mobile friendly (one of my top issues)
Issues using with my MacBook Pro, iPad Pro, iMac (Safari, Chrome and FireFox)
Not intuitive when using the software- have difficulty finding certain things (sometimes have to go to 3 different areas to find what I'm looking for), printing things (sometimes things are missing from the sheet printed), no backbar inventory, no electronic prescribing, marketing stuff is confusing to use, reports are a bit annoying to get specific dates

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Krystal, as you get acquainted with the software again Eric will work with you to ensure you get full training on our newest features! Many of your issues listed in the CONS should be resolved now!
Have a great day!

Replied 19/01/2018
Natalie S. Natalie S.

Reviewed on 4/01/2019

Elite Medical Aesthetics

It has been a good experience and support team was very helpful today

Pros

I like the ease of booking appointments and how helpful the customer service is.

Cons

I wish there was more access to forms and that there was a charge to upload your own custom forms.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Natalie!
-AestheticsPro Team

Replied 8/01/2019
Ryan D. Ryan D.

Reviewed on 20/08/2018

AestheticsPro Online review

Pros

User friendly. Very easy for my whole staff
To use and constantly up to date.

Cons

There’s nothing I can honestly say I dislike.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Have a great day Ryan, thank you!

Replied 28/08/2018
Kristina S. Kristina S.

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

New User impressions

So far, with less than 2 months of use, I am liking it more and more as I understand each set of features. It does take some time to configure and/or import the information that is pertinent, but straightforward nonetheless.

Pros

The database of pre-populated reports is vast and reduces the stress of having to design your own reports fo charting. It's extensive! The tutorial videos are very helpful and easy to follow. Each video is relatively short.

Cons

Lots of features--occasionally hard to navigate.

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Kristina! If you ever need assistance exploring features please let us know!

-AestheticsPro Team

Replied 24/06/2021
Edward A. Edward A.

Reviewed on 29/07/2020

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Support was excellent

Pros

With [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] help its becoming easy to navigate

Cons

too many steps from one area to next ,it does not allow me to view the whole page when printing

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Edward!

-AestheticsPro Team

Replied 5/08/2020
Regan H. Regan H.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 16/09/2019

AestheticsPro Online Review

The customer service representation was a wonderful trainer. He was very patient. I will have more feedback as I continue to use it. I wish that you could activate the patient portal when you book an appointment an appointment rather than an extra step.

Pros

all in one practice management solution

Cons

some function's are not as intuitive as I would like

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you Regan!

-AestheticsPro Team

Replied 7/11/2019
Aileen L. Aileen L.

Reviewed on 31/07/2018

Overall... very happy with your offering

Pros

Cloud Based and improvements are updated on cloud versus us having to continually upgrade software on our side

Cons

Internal credit card provider is not very good.... should allow a more open architecture environment for this

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you!

Replied 1/08/2018
Joseph S. Joseph S.

Reviewed on 26/05/2021

Executive Esthetics

Pros

The pre loaded forms are our main reason for purchasing this software! It has saved us tons of time not having to create them all from scratch. Great help in scheduling and practice management

Cons

the client portal feels a bit dated. It is a great addition to the software and a major reason for our purchase of aestheticspro, however the interface is a bit tricky for the user and feels a bit dated. An upgrade to the client portal interface would go a long way..

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Thank you very much Joseph!

-AestheticsPro Team

Replied 1/06/2021
Jesse A. Jesse A.

Reviewed on 7/05/2020

Too expensive

We needed e records mgt at that time -hard not to have tech support live

Pros

Has a lot of e record forms, i can fill out the forms easily and my patients
Detailed report

Cons

Too expensive for canadian conversion
No mobile app
Expensive to have your own forms uploaded

Response from AestheticsPro Online

Jesse, we now offer fully customed end user forms that have no development fees. We will be in contact to share this new feature!

Replied 15/05/2020