Ontraport Reviews

About Ontraport

Ontraport is a no-code business software that empowers service businesses to systemize and scale. Ontraport manages and automates the entire buying cycle, resulting in faster growth while freeing up business owners and teams to...

3.8
3.8

Browse Ontraport Reviews

Mitch
Mitch

Reviewed on 8/11/2017

Ontraport is so powerful and flexible - almost to the point of overwhelm

The biggest benefit is that it allows us to intelligently segment our customers and have a true CRM where we can see what happened when and troubleshoot errors.

Pros

You can just do so much with this software. It's amazing to have the ability to use such a powerful tool where we can design helpful systems for all aspects of our business without ever having to pay or consult a developer. The new updates they have made to the software have been amazing, and I love how there is always a helpful support person just one click away if you ever get stuck.

Cons

Because the software can do so much and is so flexible, it can be a bit overwhelming and at times confusing because you end up doing things in a non-standard way which can lead to a messy account.

Response from Ontraport

Hi Mitch!

There are so many possibilities within ONTRAPORT. A best practice is to think through each process and what reporting you would like before building. You can always share your build with the ONTRAPORT Facebook User Community to get feedback before launching. Our experts and power users usually do this to see if there are other ways to build more efficiently.

Andres
Andres

Reviewed on 21/05/2021

Great software but you have to be an advanced user to use it properly

I've been using ontraport for more than 6 years and it's a great tool, but you have to be an advanced user to use it properly.

Pros

Very complete for marketing automations and advanced marketing campaigns that include lead generation and sales (including one click upsells), however, it's for advanced users.

Cons

The user interface needs work, specifically metrics and reports. It's too complex and need many filters to get what you want.

Response from Ontraport

Thanks for your feedback, Andres. We understand that there is a learning curve with the app (as there is for most technology) which is why we've launched Ontraport University. OPU offers 150+ video lessons on all things Ontraport and is free to all our users. Check it out here: https://ontraport.com/university

Replied 13/05/2022
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 1/12/2019

I Tried It for 6 Months This Is What I Found:

I had a few really hard sales people; just not very nice. After my first (kind-of) set up call, I just stopped doing it because I was told everything I had been doing (for the last 10 years) was old, wrong, and shoddy. I was informed the only way to fix it was with Ontraport.
In 20+ years of business, that one on-boarding call ranks one of my worst experiences. Just because of that, I can't recommend Ontraport to anyone that I know. I'd never want my business or my name associated with a company that talks to people the way that I had been talked to.

What I've come away with: Ontraport has the best customer service (amazing people and policies, just fabulous!) but they don't pay their affiliates and they use mean, fear-based high pressure sales to get you to upgrade or to keep you from cancelling.

Pros

The landing pages are fabulous! You can add a sales forms and up-sale sections. If you understand sales funnels, you may really like it.

They have great customer service and there's always a way to talk to someone. You can chat with someone, schedule mini-screen share sessions and schedule longer training calls. All of my customer service interactions were fabulous.

Cons

There was a lacking in the template area, for me. It was not a simple as it would seem- my stuff kept crashing; I don't recommend larger images, files, or .gifs. They don't support .html, so if you have things you want to embed, it's a chore and there isn't any technical support.

It's a lot of work for one person. This would be better for a mid-size or larger company. I wouldn't recommend it for any sole proprietors, independents or contractors.

Beware of the affiliate program, just keep a watch on it: I signed up under a friend of mine. They never got the affiliate pay out. They should have been paid for 6 months. When I complained, they put in a ticket and he was only paid for 4 months. Plus, they hold any commissions for 90 days. If your sign up doesn't stay for over 90 days, you don't get paid at all.

Top Ontraport Alternatives

Brooke

Reviewed on 22/08/2022

Very versatile

Ontraport is a great platform and they are making it better all the time.

Pros

The automations are great. You can create campaigns that automate a lot of tasks and triggers in a single campaign.

Cons

It doesn't connect with a lot of other r platforms. The tracking and dashboard isn't very good compared to Keap.

Keap

Reasons for Choosing Ontraport

Couldn't run multiple products

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Switching to Ontraport

Cheaper

Response from Ontraport

Hi Brooke! We're consistently adding new integrations to the platform so keep an eye out. Thanks for the feedback!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017

Not bad, but in hindsight I would probably pick a different CRM for us

Pros

-The campaigns feature is really comprehensive and easy to use, once you understand it. There is a bit of a learning curve.
-The Email template builder is a pretty nice plus - this was something we really wanted in a CRM, although it could use some work.
-HTML editor for emails is available.
-Custom fields, link tracking and automatic tagging can be set up, which is great.

Cons

-Hardly any of their customer service reps seem to understand how the software works. After calling and emailing support multiple times to get help setting up our first campaign, I talked to only one person who was able to give us a comprehensive and complete solution that suited our needs. Other people would constantly refer us to someone else or straight up say they didn't know/didn't offer that kind of support.
-Nothing you do is saved automatically. If you're used to software with autosave (which I was), you're going to be in for a world of hurt if you forget to save regularly.
-The Email templates are too rigid for my liking. I wish you could do more with it. We also have issues sometimes when sending emails where two objects which are both centered will appear in different positions, and there isn't anything that can be done about it, and other little bugs like that.
-There's no mobile preview for email templates. You have to scale the window down to the size of a mobile phone to get the idea.

Abel
Abel

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

Ontraport Helps In My Business Growth

Ontraport is a "DO IT YOURSELF" platform that delivers essential and effective business features, like marketing automation, a powerful CRM system, outstanding email delivery, etc. It is my best email marketing campaign platform.

Pros

Ontraport Sales and its automation documents to clients are amazing. They have an effective customer support system and are always there to render any possible assistance whenever I experience any issue.

Cons

They don't have flexible mobile App features, to have the best experience with Ontraport, I recommend using their desktop version. It will be super cool if you could improve your email tracking for each individual user.

Response from Ontraport

Hello Abel. We appreciate your feedback as we always look to our customer reviews to see how we can best improve our platform. Mobile app is still in the works so stay tuned and thanks for the positive review. :)

Melissa
Melissa

Reviewed on 11/01/2019

Phenomenal software and customer support

This company and its software is incredible. I've worked with many softwares in the past and never run into customer service like this.

Pros

We are on our way to taking over the world using this software. It has opened up so many doors for us. Originally, we were looking for a software to create a "drip" email marketing campaign. After talking to ONTRAPORT customer service about all the features, we ended up completely migrating our CRM from another software. We even use it to create customized landing pages for our clients. We've done way more than we ever intended to do with ONTRAPORT. The customer service, training, and knowledge base are out of this world.

Cons

The only thing I find somewhat frustrating is the inability to do certain things. For example, when I'm creating a new email, I have certain limitations for what I can do to the text in an email or the formatting. There's usually a somewhat comparable workaround, and they add new features regularly, but it is a little annoying when you have a vision you can't completely bring to life immediately.

Response from Ontraport

Hi Melissa! Thanks for the raving review. We're so happy that our software and support team have helped you do more than you had imagined. That's what we like to hear.

Karen
Karen

Reviewed on 8/01/2019

Not recommended

Pros

The customer support is really good. Very responsive and goes the extra mile.

Cons

Very large learning curve. Many of the terms used are not the same as other similar programs. If you are a solo entrepreneur and want to do something as simple as send an email, you would have to learn the system. If you have a support team, they will have to become expert to use it effectively.

Response from Ontraport

Hi Karen. We understand that using unfamiliar software comes with a certain level of learning curve, that's why our support team is always ready to answer any questions you may have. If you haven't already, you should schedule a screenshare appointment with support using the app. The agent will be able to see exactly what is happening so they can adequately guide you. Shortly after the end of screenshare session, a video recording of the session is provided for download so you can refer to it later. This will help you learn as you go. You can also use the "?" in your account to view videos, usecases and step by step instructions.

Steven
Steven
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Complicated + Expensive....Better Options In My Experience

Frustrating and expensive would be the best way to sum it up. ActiveCampaign feels like a better option that costs less....if you're going to go with an expensive option with all the features + potential power, might as well go with InfusionSoft

If you're going to use an InfusionSoft or an Ontraport....you better be (or have someone on team) with some technical chops + patience for troubleshooting.

Pros

It is essentially a 'full stack' tool in that you can create your marketing web pages and forms in Ontraport that then connect directly to your CRM, email, marketing automation, etc tools

It has the potential to be powerful and allow what would normally take multiple tools to be housed all in one.

Cons

It was complicated to use. It was honestly easier to manage multiple different tools and tie them together via Zapier or API or other integrations. Had multiple frustrating issues working with the Ontraport tool to the point where we ended up switching away.

Reviewed on 15/12/2023

Ontraport and business automations

Love Ontraport. Simple to use and clear what you're working with at any moment.

Pros

Automations, though a bit different in concept from some, makes sense and is intuitive to work with.

Cons

Missing some automation for my needs, though it may not for some business models.

Rebecca

Reviewed on 25/09/2020

I love this CRM! Ontraport has changed the way I do business

Amazing experience from the day I joined over 4 years ago until today.

Pros

I love this CRM! Ontraport has changed the way I do business and I recommend it to all my clients (and let's face it - to anyone who will listen). The support is wonderful and the platform is powerful. You can set up any funnel you can dream up! Before OP, I was overworked, after getting OP I have so much more time to pour into my clients. You won't regret making the leap! Questions - ask me!

Cons

The only thing is that at the time of this review they don't YET have countdown timers in their emails - but the key word is "YET" because they are always taking new feature requests from their community.

Response from Ontraport

Reviews like this one is what keeps us doing what we do. Glad you've found Ontraport to be successful for your business. Thanks Rebecca!

Reviewed on 14/04/2022

Great potential, but doesn't work

We've invested hundreds of hours, only to find core elements (split testing and analytics) don't work, as well as massive page load speed issues. Have waited ages for support, which is awful if they don't know the answer..

Pros

Amazing page builder, with templates and global blocks. Super easy to use.

Cons

No European support - you have to wait until 4pm for answers.
Often page load times very slow.
Statistics and Split test don't work

Response from Ontraport

Glad to hear you've enjoyed using our page builders and templates! We understand the time zones can be frustrating without 24 hour support our support team has won many awards for the white-glove service we provide and a big part of that is because we don't outsource international support teams. We hear you and appreciate your feedback.

Replied 13/05/2022
Hannah
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 2/10/2020

Customer Service is AMAZING

First of all, their customer service is AMAZING. Every time I have a question, each support person is quick to answer, and is super kind. I had an extensive chat with someone today, and he helped me SOOO much. I have never seen such quick, helpful, and NICE customer service EVER until Ontraport!!!!

Pros

Customer service, their ability to go above and beyond, availability for screen shares

Cons

it is a little confusing at first, but with their awesome customer service team, they help in a jiffy!

Response from Ontraport

Thanks for this positive review, Hannah! We'll be sure to pass this message along to our support team. :)

Catriona
Catriona
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 8/05/2019

More than just CRM - its a marketing machine

Great customer service.

Pros

Ontraport is amazing - its vast number of features means it can supercharge your business. From drag and drop web page construction to marketing funnels and all the standard CRM features, it means my business can be nearly fully automated, from SMS reminders to the checkout.

Cons

User interface can take a bit of getting used to but with each update and new release, it's getting much easier.

Response from Ontraport

Thank you for the glowing review! "Marketing Machine" - love it.

Replied 9/05/2019
Armin

Reviewed on 7/04/2018

CRM software our organization has been using for a long time

Pros

What I like most about this software is the Class A customer support. Communication is on-going and great if there are issues.

Cons

I wish the dashboard was more intuitive. Very often, the software seems to be lagging dragging out simple tasks and making it difficult for our team to accomplish daily tasks efficiently.

Response from Ontraport

Thanks for being a part of the ONTRAPORT family Armin! I'm glad to hear you've had great experience with our support team - that is something we strive for. We hear you about the dashboard and I've added a vote to our feature release.

Filip
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

Ontraport user experience

Pros

easy to plan/view/execute your strategic marketing goals and stay in touch with your customers which is invaluable feature.

Cons

It would take some time get used to it and learn the functionalities since it is a very complex platform with endless opportunities.

Response from Ontraport

Hi Filip! We're delighted to hear you are having a positive experience using our software. It is indeed a powerful platform with simple features as well as advanced customization options. If you ever want some hands-on help, make an appointment with our amazing support team at [email protected]. They might even help spark a new idea or simplify a process!

Replied 21/02/2019
Dani

Reviewed on 22/04/2015

A growing tool for growing businesses

Pros

I love the support that Ontraport provides to their users. They are quite receptive to feedback and listen when you tell them there is a bug. I also like the automation of course. The membership site integration with PilotPress is great. I like that their support is also better than their competitors. I've spent many weekend days in the midst of an issue with their support. They are so helpful!

Cons

The growing pains. Sometimes bugs pop up ( seems to be in the past but still ) and it's frustrating mid launch to have things like this come into play.

Wendy

Reviewed on 23/04/2015

A highly scalable system that can do a lot

Pros

The customer service support is outstanding. Ontraport is basically a very scalable system - if you know how to use it. Their staff are amazing at helping you with your questions and in teaching you how to use the system.

Cons

At present, the price. In USD it is making it quite unaffordable due to a falling AUD where I live. Also I feel the system needs to be tiered. I don't use it as much to warrant the fee per month but don't want to leave the system either.

Adrian

Reviewed on 19/11/2022

Great CRM to start

Overall a great CRM to start, but as the business grows you better look for other options. Great value for the price though.

Pros

What I liked the most about Ontraport is that it's very user friendly. It allows you to send marketing emails with a few clicks, manage leads and keep track of sales.

Cons

It has lack of some features like more advanced options in workflows, that's why we decided to move to another CRM

Response from Ontraport

I'm sorry to hear you didn't feel that the app fit your needs – we designed it specifically to grow with you as your business grows and we normally get positive feedback in that aspect from our customers. We're always looking for ways to improve the app so thanks for sharing, Adrian.

• Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 9/05/2018

My primary experience with this software was getting people OFF of it.

Pros

I like that it exists and serves people and gets the job done. Outside of that, there's little I really love about this software. I can use the functionality, but there are much more intuitive alternatives and much cheaper ones too.

Cons

I know there are many practical uses for a software this big, and that everyone uses one of the big email marketing softwares and that you "should" use them too. I see the benefits, compared to a Mailchimp, and I also think few people get much from a software this complex and are better off sticking with a software they understand.

Response from Ontraport

Hi David! Business owners usually move to ONTRAPORT after they find a point solution isn't the right fit for their needs. Having all of your lead, client, eCommerce, support and more notes and interactions under one roof make it so that teams have less "fall through the gap" type of experiences.

Businesses who are just getting started and only need the email marketing solution probably aren't the best fit. Appreciate your review!

Pedro
Pedro

Reviewed on 20/03/2024

Definitely a must keep

Pros

Their support is something out of this world! Congrats on that because along with a good developed all-in-one solution, they can answer fast and reliably

Cons

I don't see anything I could suggest then right now to be honest

Reviewed on 6/11/2022

Great Membership and CRM Management

Great experience and support

Pros

The Training Videos and Customer support

Cons

I can not think anything I have not liked so far.

Response from Ontraport

Happy to hear you've found our training videos helpful (and our customer support, of course). Thanks for sharing, Paul.

Reviewed on 14/06/2018

WOW! This does almost everything!!

Pros

I can track everything with my clients. It's so much more than just email marketing. When you consider all of the tasks that it can handle it's worth the money.

Cons

The pricing may be a bit much for a new business or smaller business and figuring out how to best set it up for tagging and such needs to be planned out to get the most out of it.

Response from Ontraport

Thanks for the positive feedback! We're so glad you're getting the most out of our software!

Chandler

Reviewed on 10/03/2018

Great For Small Businesses

Marketing automations

Pros

With no setup fees and a monthly cost that is less than 1/10th of what some of their competitors are charging for the same level of service, Ontraport is designed solely a with small businesses focus.

Cons

Their reporting dashboard isn't visually appealing as it doesn't have graphs and charts. You have to export data to make it pretty.

Response from Ontraport

Hi Chandler, thanks for your review! Have you taken a look at Performance Mode? Many of the data points and reporting we pull can be seen in the beautiful Campaign Builder from this mode. If not or you'd like to learn how to set this up, shoot an email to [email protected].

Amy
Amy

Reviewed on 22/08/2018

Ontraport is easier than other CRMs

My best suggestion here is to figure things out as best you can, watch the videos, and when you are ready to set up something big, like a funnel or a campaign, use your support time to set up something big for yourself. They record it, so, you can refer back to it.

Pros

My favorite thing about this is that you can use this for both lead capture as well as funnels and affiliates. So, the multi functionality of this is great!

Cons

My least favorite thing is the learning curve. There is a learning curve, but, you get 2 one on one trainings with ontraport.

Response from Ontraport

Hey Amy! That's a good suggestion. Going through our usecases, in-app tutorials and videos gives you a headstart and you know what to ask when you have the one on one onboarding calls with our team. Thanks for sharing!