About LearningStone

LearningStone is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) for instructor-led training groups. The solution is suitable for collaboration and private learning environments, internal training departments of all types and...

4.9

Browse LearningStone Reviews

Chiara A.

Reviewed on 3/03/2022

Good option

Always thinking with us and how they can improve the service to meet our needs.

Pros

makes extensive blended learning possible, thinking about how to improve service, highly customizable course timeline, built in storage and video upload, versatile forms tool, our own house style

Cons

some features are still missing and the software could be improved by more automatisation, taking away from the administrative load from our front office.

Mireia C.
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 3/03/2021

Great platform for online courses with a great support team

The experience so far has been great. It was very easy to set up my account and my course timeline. I find everything in the platform to be very intuitive and easy to use. It's also a platform made by people who care about their project and who really want to help you be successful and get the best out of it. They offer amazing customer service. They respond right away with a great attitude and they are very helpful. They also offer training programs to learn how to teach online and other helpful resources. I would totally recommend it!

Pros

I liked how easy it was to set up a course and customize it to look exactly the way I want. I like all the features that it includes like a chat wall, private messages, shared folders, the content blocks in the course timeline, etc. I like how my students can go into the platform and find everything in just one place. I also like how it works on mobile.

Cons

There are a few things that need to be improved, but I am very confident that they are working on it.

1) Uploading files doesn't work well all the time. I had some students who had difficulties uploading their assignments, and some who never achieved to do it.

2) At the beginning of my courses, I would like to be able to send invitations to my students to join the course from my own private email, and not from inside the platform. Because from the platform, they receive a generic email from Learning Stone that doesn't look nice, and it can be confusing because at that point they don't have a relationship with the platform yet. I am the one who has a relationship with my students and I think it would be more appropriate to send them a message myself with a link to join LearningStone. Maybe this is a feature that already exists, but I haven't found a way to do it.

3) I don't like that my students receive messages from a generic email "[email protected]". It would be much nicer and classier that the emails they receive had the name of the course as the sender. Some students who are old in age and not very familiar with computers found that confusing at first.

4) All the chat messages you can leave to your students (in the chat wall or on the documents they upload), have a very small amount of characters available. So to give feedback to my students, I have to break it down into several messages. It would be so much more comfortable to have a bigger comment box!

Teachable, Google Classroom and Thinkific

Reasons for Choosing LearningStone

Some of my students were opposed to Facebook and didn't want to take the course on that platform. And the ones who joined, I felt like they didn't feel "safe" to post their assignments on the Facebook group because it felt more like a social network. Learning Stone definitely provided a more serious environment, the content was more organized, and my students feel more like in an online "university".

Reasons for Switching to LearningStone

I chose Learning Stone for many reasons 1) It offered more features. 2) A good friend of mine recommended it. 3) Sine my first inquiry, the personal support from the Learning Stone team was outstanding. It felt like dealing with real people, and not with a faceless platform.

Response from LearningStone

Thanks so much for the great feedback. We are just upgrading the upload features to 5-10 times as fast so that will really help! We've also just increased comment space. And yes, there is a way of sending an invitation right from your own inbox. Just use the third option in the Invite function and let us know if you need help with this.

Replied 29/04/2021
Maryuly O.

Reviewed on 1/05/2018

i like this platform

Pros

It is very cheap, and its interface and use is very easy and friendly. You can connect with more than 700 participants. It helps you a lot in the company and the efficiency

Cons

The tool to move someone to the class is a bit confusing and does not help the efficiency of the company. I would like it to be a little more flexible and flexible

Top LearningStone Alternatives

Mirte V.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

nice, simple software with more possibilities than expected

While it takes some time to getting used to - if you are new to developing - Learning Stone has a lot to offer, more functions than you would expect and the makers are always there to explain. Great customer service.

Pros

low in price range, but good quality for money
very good customer service
You can customise more than with other 'ready to go software'

Cons

It takes a while before you get to know all the functions and how to produce a good lay-out and to understand the absolute linking etc.
We are still looking for an easy way to be able to provide feedback to the work of participants within Learning Stone.

Rise Vision

Reasons for Choosing LearningStone

It is not possible to customise Google Classroom

Reasons for Switching to LearningStone

price and possibility for students to interact (wall & dialogue function)
Ernst H.

Reviewed on 15/03/2017

Great virtual learning environment for our clients

Learning Stone enabled us for the first time to offer our European clients a fully customisable, cloud based, attractive, professional virtual learning platform, with a modest investment in time and resources. After a full year, we couldn't be more pleased. The interface is absolutely great, with a solid design 'under the hood' that is still being improved. We find it easy to work with, tailoring each and every course timeline to the specific requirements of the client, including their language, logo, and house style. The system is very stable, and while some functionalities are not fully intuitive, customer support is always at hand. Apparently we're not the only ones who work crazy hours. We appreciate that our change requests are invariably taken very seriously and usually lead to the desired outcome. One of the most important features has been that even my technically less savvy colleagues quickly learned how to use and enjoy the system, and not just by the easy copy-and-paste and tweaking of existing course timelines. The built in storage and video upload works great, enabling us to share all our materials with the client in a heartbeat. And it's fast! Adding, modifying or deleting building blocks, and moving them around, is literally a matter of minutes. Add to that the numerous options for group collaboration, a nice survey tool and low cost per user, and you have a winning formula. I'm convinced that 'blended learning' will become increasingly important and that the same applies to LearningStone as a leader in the field. Now, if they could only find a way to get the members of each and every learning group to flock to the VLE, sign up and start collaborating enthusiastically, life would be perfect. But I guess that will take just a little longer.

Pros

- great, versatile interface
- easy to learn
- reasonable cost per participant
- fast and adequate tech support
- continuous improvement

Cons

- some functionalities less intuitive (for now)

Carlos V.

Reviewed on 8/01/2019

Perfect Choice

Going into the fourth year of using Learning Stone to store, manage and centralize Project Management academic services that I provide to a Multinational company in Latin America. The ease of use and the way I can centralize all my interactions with individuals and student groups has become an indispensable tool for me and my client’s training services.

Pros

It really has it all when one is looking for a cloudbased plataform for academic services included document storage, messaging, collaboration, video uploading, etc. in an unexpensive application with great service! Very flexible, ver secure, with multiple festures and aleays intuitive. I highly recommend Learning Stone for online, in-house, or hybrid educational purposes. Always ready, always stable.

Cons

Used to be the Mobile interphase which was fixed two months ago. The upgrade was very welcome and the last piece of the puzzle!

Response from LearningStone

Thank you for these amazing words! We're happy to see the use of LearningStone in Latin America and are currently exploring the localisation to Spanish and Portugese. We'll keep you posted!

Replied 9/01/2019
Alexander V.
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 10/11/2021

the 4x4 for blended learning

the combination of good software , very helpful people and high quality service makes it a great tool.

Pros

this software convinces our clients to work with us. E-learning is coming up rapidly in Africa and working with LearningStone makes it a very easy entry point for many clients to jump on that train.

Cons

it so good that people can't believe it.

Response from LearningStone

Thank you for this great review. We hope to help more users in Africa and will be offering discounts to those that need it.

Replied 13/12/2021
Jeanne B.

Reviewed on 14/03/2017

I Could not run My company without Learning Stone

What I love About Learning stone: Very easy for participants to join through Facebook or LinkedIn. Borg smartphone and desktop work fast en Well. To post something takes No more than it would on Facebook. I use Learning Stone for Social Learning during Learning Journeys of 9 of mij larger clients. I have twice needed Some help and They were there for me with a good Solutions within the our. I recommend Learning Stone (and No I have No relation with them whatsoever except being a raving Fan. :-))

Pros

Price! Ease of use even for groups of more than 700 participants. Quick response when there is a problem.

Brian C.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 10/11/2021

Simply put - use Learning Stone

Pros

The initial build our was seemless, great attention to detail, good standard of extras

Cons

I haven't found any yet and I suspect I'm not going to.

Response from LearningStone

Thank you so much for this amazing review. We don't agree with a 10/10 as we're working to make it even better! :-)

Replied 13/12/2021
Lesley V.

Reviewed on 9/12/2021

Online course management made easy

Pros

The flexibility, I can change what I like, when I like. I can overwrite groups that have started with an adapted master if I need to.
It looks professional and all in my branding.

Cons

Getting started was a little bit difficult. Understanding the architecture was a challenge, once this was clear it all became easy.

Response from LearningStone

Thank you Lesley, that's very kind!
We're working hard on new support to get you started quickly.
If colleagues have to start, don't forget to have a look at the new tutorials. They are short by help alot.
regards, Michiel

Replied 15/12/2021
Arnold S.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 3/11/2020

Learningstone: a new milestone in online learning

Learningstone is a realiable, trustworthy and friendly supplier of a platform which could be one of the leading innovators in the business.

Pros

It is easy to use and manage new learning journeys after the initial modules have been made.
It is easy to sell
All clients regardless of their age, platform of OS use it without any support.
The are constantly improving it

Cons

The first steps need guidance (which is given by their friendly support desk)
The gamification and reporting basic tools are traditional (and millenials don't really like these)
The look and feel is basically ok but it can be more state of the art

Dynamics 365 and TalentLMS

Dynamics 365 and TalentLMS

Response from LearningStone

Thank you Arnold!

Replied 9/11/2020
Christiaan M.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 16/12/2016

Ease of use? YES. It really is.

I succeeded to get my online training up and running in one afternoon. Granted, I had most of the content sitting in a folder on my hard drive ready-for-upload. Granted, I already had a clear picture how to structure my online course. Granted, I'm not shy when working with a computer. But none the less, working with LearningStone as an administrator feels easy and familiar. LearningStone follows all conventions other web-based services you're familiar with so there's not much of a learning curve. There are no confounding menu's or settings for that matter. It's all pretty straightforward. And while I was setting up my course it was reassuring to be able to switch to the 'user view' with the click of a button and to similarly switch back to editing mode. Typo? Easily fixed. Switch this piece of info for another? Done in 3 seconds. Adding participants took no time at all since you're able to copy/paste an excel file with names and info.

When the course started, the participants got acces to the online material without any bumbs and started doing their assignments leading up to the first face 2 face training (getting to know each other, reading up, a preparation excercise). I expected them to get more involved with the 'social timeline' where group members can exchange ideas and opinions - but that took some prodding from our side.
My learning curve on LearningStone is mostly about how to encourage participants to engage with one another, facilitated in various ways by the platform: discussion, collaboration, uploading, sharing, etc. etc. The limitations are not of the platform but consist more of time restrictions and what my wife considers to be a 'reasonable time spent experimenting.

Pros

Easy to get into
Easy to set up
Easy to administer
Easy to reuse courses (copy paste!)
LearningStone is very clear about what it can and can't do - no clutter!

Cons

No support for custom CSS of styling

Anneke V.

Reviewed on 20/10/2014

Free E-module from LearningStone is perfect to try-out this professional E-learning software

We, at Restorative Justice Nederland (www.restorativejustice.nl), wanted to organise for the first time an E-training, in our case for mediators and judicial professionals. We hardly had budget so it was wonderful to find out that LearningStone offers a free module for a group of maximum 20 participants. I didn't have any experience with this kind of software so I was very happy to find out that LearningStone is very easy to use. And if something wasn't clear, I could email the helpdesk and received always very quickly the needed answers to my questions in not too technical language that I could understand. In this way I was guided through the software, by both the video-instruction and other information on the LearningStone website and the personal guidance from the Helpdesk. In that way I could easily design the E-training alone, without any background and technical knowledge in this field and with not much time investment or frustration.
Another thing I liked is that you can tailor both the content / structure of your training to your own target group and personalize the design by throwing in your own logo etc. The end result looked very professional, and so it turned out to be a good 'business card' for our organization.
But most of all I liked the fact that the software facilitates a lot of interactive communication, since that really can make or break the success of your E-training. Not only communication between the E-coaches and the participants was easy, but also between the participants. And because all participants could upload a picture and create a profile, the communication became personalized.
Really cool and time-saving is the inbuilt survey-tool. Different types of questions are ready made, which you can tailor to your own needs and the evaluation results are automatically send to you and aggregated into nice charts. If you have to do this yourself it takes a lot of time to develop and analyse it. Now it's delivered to you automatically. I think with this tool LearningStone really stands out!
All and all I highly recommend LearningStone to anybody who has no technical knowledge and not much budget and time. The costs are very low and the quality is high. Just try out their free E-module and get inspired.

Kirstin P.

Reviewed on 8/12/2016

LearningStone makes my life as a trainer so much easier!

We use LearningStone for our teacher training. It allows us to offer readings, videos and online sources in a very accessible environment. For me, the best thing ever is to be able to simply copy the contents of a course into the timeline for a new group. Really, course planning has never been easier! Also, our students (some of whom have no social media skills at all) often use the friendly looking message board for sharing ideas, questions and experiences, which greatly enhances the group interaction during course intervals.
I also love the options for private interaction, document sharing, etc. It is all very easy to use, and when I have a doubt about something in the program, the developers are always available to solve it. I warmly recommend this program to anyone who organizes training or coaching groups.

Pros

very accessible interface, friendly looking and adaptable to our own house style, very stable, affordable, saves loads of time, easy duplication of whole courses for new groups, everything in once place, I can do it all by myself

Janette B.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 29/06/2017

An 'accessible', easy to use and versatile learning platform with excellent customer support.

Accessibility, functionality and the variety of uses.

Pros

Having searched for many months for a learning platform which was suitable for delivering a dyslexia-related program I finally found what I was looking for in LearningStone. Some of our administrators and our users have 'processing differences' such as dyslexia and dyspraxia so having administration aspects as well as a user-interface which is 'accessible' and user-friendly is imperative for us. LearningStone definitely meets our needs...and with the newly added tests & quizzes feature this has now helped us fill in the gap we had - in seeking a way to be able to deliver ongoing CPD for our Accredited Dyslexia Champions.
At Right Resources Limited we specialise in working with people with dyslexia & associated processing differences. We utilise 'accessible' services and tools to help employers support 'a thriving and productive neuro-diverse workforce'. LearningStone is helping us achieve our mission in raising awareness of the benefits of embracing and supporting neuro-divergence in the workplace.

Cons

Some of our delegates had a few challenges with setting up their profiles via LinkedIn. This may have been due to their own 'processing differences'. However, from now on we will recommend they use their email addresses to sign up rather than via LinkedIn.

Marjo J.

Reviewed on 18/02/2020

Recommendation LearningStone

Our overall experience is very good and positive. We use LearningStone as our digital professional learning platform. Looks professional and great for distance learning. The support from LearningStone by problems is fast, quick, and very friendly.

Pros

The design, which looks very professional. And the great support when facing problems.

Cons

Using it abroad can be difficult. The program sometimes translates into another language.

Response from LearningStone

Thanks for the kind words and please note that in some cases it's possible that LearningStone switches to a languages at first but after that you can choose you language (currently English, German, French, Spanish, and Dutch).
regards, Michiel

Replied 28/02/2020
Geert V.

Reviewed on 3/11/2020

Learning Stone:

Pros

It is easy to use. It is not the Titanic like Blackboard or Brightspace, it is flexible and easy to use in educational settings and with blended learning. Partipants in my trainings have the same experience that I have as a n educational developer: you find your way quickly and intuitively.
Plain and simple: what you see is what you get.

In two years there were one or two minor problems. They were solved the same day after a quick call with the service centre.

Cons

It is a pity that I still have to use Zoom or Teams to reach out to participants in my training.
In Corona times I would appreciate it if this kind of tools were integrated.

Peter F.

Reviewed on 7/04/2021

Experience using LearningStone

Overall, really happy with LearningStone and have found the support offered by LearningStone really great - especially being offered extra training which has helped us get the most out of the site. All in all, a really positive experience!

Pros

Easy to use from a course manager point of view - easy to set up new spaces and organise them so they are as user friendly as possible. Lots of really great features and I know the participants on our programmes really value having a central space for them to share experiences, access documents and track their learning.

Cons

When I first started using the site it initially seemed difficult to navigate but in the end it's really straight forward - would recommend taking up the opportunity for training from the LearningStone team as they're really helpful.

Response from LearningStone

Thank you for the kind words!

Replied 29/04/2021
Anna H.

Reviewed on 14/12/2016

Anna Hill Review

I use your software to teach an accounting course, and generally I like the software. The thing I find frustrating is the manual process involved with moving someone into the class.
If it HAS to be that way, I really, really wish I could do it from my iphone. I've had to literally leave stores and run home to move someone into the class because they paid for the course and expect access to the information. If I could do it from my iphone, I would really appreciate that!

Pros

I love the wall feature, and the software is easy to use.

Cons

It's expensive for what you get, but I feel there is no other choice. I am thinking about moving to teachable.com because students can pay and get access without my involvement.

Response from LearningStone

Hi Anna,

thanks for your review!
-There is no need to move people by hand into the right course group, but if you chose to do so you can do it on your iPhone.
- Concerning the price that goes as low as $ 0.65 per trainee. On average it is between $ 1.00 and $ 1.50 per month.

Please get in touch if you want to know more!
kind regards,
Sjoerd Boersma

Replied 14/12/2016
Jeroen O.

Reviewed on 8/01/2019

Excellent tool to support training and coaching

And the LearningStone company provides great support. Very good in turning feedback into new opportunities for growth as partners.

Pros

Easy to use. Very flexibel and intuitive. Lot's of possibilities.
At How Company we use it not only for blended learning, but also for informing participants about the practical and logistic information of training, in beforehand.

Cons

Actually, there are non.
When there are problems or questions for modification, the support of LearningStone is willing to think with you, how to solve it. This can be a 'work around' of even modification of the platform.

Marcel D.

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

Easy to step in and use

We use LearningStone mostly in combination with a training on location. Students can prepare themselves with difficult content by following the e-learning and reflect on this content during the training in stead of following a lecture during the training. LearningStone helps us to set up the e-learning quick and easy. And our students feedback confirms thats they appreciate principle of Blended Learning.

Pros

- the software is easy to step in for a layman
- our students experience no problems logging in
- very good help desk
- the social features are great for learning in a team, like dialoges, chats, etc.

Cons

- no app available
- the look and feel is a little outdated

Response from LearningStone

Thank you for the review Marcel! Good to know we do have an app! Check out our blog: https://www.learningstone.com/en/blog/914736/new-mobile-app-and-other-improvements

kind regards,
the LearningStone team

Replied 21/02/2020
Lia W.

Reviewed on 18/02/2020

Indispensable for coaching my students

Pros

Lots of features to fill the timeline. Easy to duplicate for different groups. Great that archived groups remain accessible for future reference.

Cons

It takes (quite a lot of) time to fully understand all features.

Response from LearningStone

Thank you for the kind words Lia!
We are actually impressed with the extent to your use of LearningStone functionalities and though we understand it's a lot to explore but you went through it surprisingly quickly! regards, Michiel

Replied 28/02/2020
Sarah S.

Reviewed on 8/12/2016

User friendly, great support, and able to customize to my unique business needs!

I have been using LearningStone for over 18 months now and I am a happy customer. My training company has unique needs and we had a hard time finding a platform that accommodated all of them. LearningStone was easy to customize and customer support was extremely helpful anytime the solution wasn't obvious. I am fairly comfortable with technology, but by no means an expert, and I'm not an IT professional. I found LearningStone easy to learn and to set up our courses. Best of all, it has saved me a lot of time that I used to spend managing our previous platform. Customer support is excellent. Anytime I have a question or problem I receive a prompt response. And I honestly feel that they really care about whether I am satisfied with their product. I've tried other platforms and they were overly complicated, the design was messy, and customer service disappeared the minute I signed the contract. Save yourself the frustration and go with LearningStone.

Pros

Easy to use, great storage, able to customize to our unique needs, excellent customer support, good value

Sarith V.

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

Great product!

Nice helpful employees, good platform and user-friendly.
It is a pity that the mails from Learningstone ends up in the junk mail.
So you alway have to send an extra email to the learners, no to forget to check their spam.

Pros

It is a nice product. The learners love to work with platform, once they registered themselves.
Costumer Service is excellent. You only have to mail them once and they are always happy to help you.

Cons

Mails from Learningstone ends up in the junk mail/spam of the learners.
We have a client with thousand learners and even if they mark this email as 'this is no spam' it still ends up in there (as we are now almost 6 months further).

Anne marie C.

Reviewed on 16/01/2020

Very usefull!

Pros

Learningstone has a nice ‘look and feel’. It is easy to use. A great platform to communicate with our trainees and customers. We are very satisfied.

Cons

Bot really a ‘con’ but it would be great when learningstone could be used with an app!

Response from LearningStone

Thank you Anne Marie. The good news is that we're launching a progressive web app very soon!

Replied 27/01/2020