XProtect Reviews

About XProtect

Milestone Systems provides data-driven video technology that protects people and property and increases business efficiency. Milestone’s XProtect® video management software (VMS) platform is already proven and trusted in 500,000+...

4.1

Browse XProtect Reviews

Mehul
Mehul
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 25/10/2018

Milestone the FOX eye

Pros

It's Compatible with most of the CCTV manufacturing company

Cons

we can not run this software on normal config computer.
We have to improve processing power of computer

Alejandro
Alejandro

Reviewed on 26/02/2018

I love all Milestone software solutions for video vigilance

Best camera video vigilance suite you can get.

Pros

Very easy to use, not so easy to setup but you can manage if watch some videos hey have for free on their website, you don't need to certify to become very good with this, Remember to choose wisely on what your camera count will be, XProtect Essential is for few cameras, if you plan to grow better go with XProtect Professional.

Cons

The price per camera licence is a little high but still I love this software and still cant find a better one medium learning curve but once you get your bearing right the sky is the limit

Tom
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 7/11/2016

It can do the job

We currently use it with 14 cameras. I personally don't like this SW. We got quite poor support through a local reseller, and the biggest cons is very limited options in archiving footage (and purchasing a higher version is too expensive to justify). But it can do its job.

Cons

No proper archive/restore options

Top XProtect Alternatives

Tom

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

Video Security Software Solution

Very easy to use and the custom creation of user accounts allows us to pass along specirfic permissions and access to end users. Also, the export process and ability to pull footage from multiple cameras is seamless.

Pros

XProtect is excellent for manaing and viewing lots of cameras. It has continued to grow with us as we have increased our camera count.

Cons

Licensing.! We must go through a reseller to add licensing to any new cameras into our system. The process typically takes more than a week. Must plan accordingly.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 15/07/2020

very good recording software

you download it, you install it, you configure it, and it works. what more needs to be said.

Pros

it's pretty easy to install, once you get the hang of it. the compatibility with other vendor's products is quite exceptional.

Cons

sometimes it can be a little tough to get configured exactly the way you want it. other than that, everything is just fine.

• Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

Milestone XProtect is great!

Overall, Xprotect has helped our organization consolidate disparate camera systems and software platforms into one, which greatly simplifies management and IT support.

Pros

The ability to add nearly any IP camera to the software and not being limited to a particular manufacturer. This has allowed us to make it a centralized software solution across departments.

Cons

It does take a lot of training and resources to stand up and configure.

Todd

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Leader in the Security video capture storage industry

We use Xprotect on small and large systems. The software does everything needed.

Pros

The ease of setting up a system and integration into other systems

Cons

Some features are so dependent on the camera manufacturer that it makes using special cameras somewhat difficult.

Melvin
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 28/03/2018

Great product exceeds expectations

Pros

Very easy to use and setup. There are a lot of useful items in software. Learn new things every time I use software.

Cons

Little hard to keep up to date on software releases. A little more robust help system would be great.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 30/12/2020

Great VMS

The application makes my job easier. It even makes it more fun!

Pros

It lets you create different views so you can always have access to the information you need, when you need it most.

Cons

There really are not downsides. Sometimes it takes a bit of time to set up everything with other vendors but it is well worth it to do so!

Christopher
Christopher

Reviewed on 18/12/2017

We use XProtect to view cameras in a busy testing center. It works well for what we need it to...

We are able to view either live video or review past video from our camera footage. I can take clips of video and turn them into files to share with other people.

Pros

I like how easy it is to select a clip of video and export it. I also really like how easy it is to move through the video by clicking and dragging or by using the arrows.

Cons

we have a lot of cameras and sometimes it lags or takes a while to load. It also won't work if I leave it for a while. I end up having to restart the program rather than being able to sign back in.

Don
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

Outstanding!

I have quality camera views and have used certain views on smart walls and maps. This software is simply great!

Pros

Easy to use and install. My team use the software everyday and simply love it. I encourage every company to purchase this software now. You will not regret it.

Cons

Web based and sometimes goes down during a power outage but can be corrected by logging into the management client.

Manuel

Reviewed on 15/06/2017

easy to configure and setup camera viewer for enterprises

Pros

allows us to monitor all of our enterprise cameras easily and painlessly.
Also easy grouping of cameras for personalized and organized viewing.

Cons

The client controls on the user side are a bit restricted compared to the server side admin UI. Wish it was easier to access them without having to login to the server side console.

Josh

Reviewed on 15/06/2017

Great security software

Pros

Easy to use, and fairly easy to configure. Light weight client keeps connections excellent to cameras.

Cons

Expensive licensing, but it is worth the money. Support is responsive. Live view sometimes doesn't refresh right

Reviewed on 4/05/2018

Great for Recording and reviewing Camera footage

Pros

Able to setup users that are able to access system and give them different permissions. There is an app, and client you can install on the users systems.

Cons

I cannot thing of anything that i would say i do not like about this system. Picture quality is sometimes lacking when you zoom in i wish there was more options to tweak picture quality when you zoom in.

Vincent

Reviewed on 5/03/2018

Happy with features. Difficult to use

Pros

I enjoy the features of this software. This is very helpful working in a security CCTV position and can help with sharing information with clients easily.

Cons

It is quite difficult to use and many people struggle to learn to use this quickly. Other than the difficulty of learning to use the product everything is great.

Shane
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 22/04/2023

Milestone xprotect review

Overall I think milestone xprotect is a great product with a great interface and is over all easier to manage and operate then most software like it.

Pros

How easily you can migrate from a different software to milestone is the best part of the software on my experience.

Cons

I don't like how you have to pay for each camera and how it licenses to the mac address of the camera.

Bryan
Bryan

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Competent Camera Viewing System

Every time I've had to use it to view or to obtain archived video it's been easy to do.

Pros

Easy to navigate the cameras. Zooming and panning are a breeze. The search functionality is very easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes there are connection issues but that may be to do with the network.

Ray

Reviewed on 3/07/2018

A simple, easy to use security video platform

Pros

Simple to use, with proper head end equipment this system operates well and I haven't yet had any issues with it.

Cons

It took a little bit of tweaking to get the proper amount of storage (2 weeks vs 3 weeks) to get the system to fully operate smoothly.

YANNAI
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

Great software for storing and viewing your cctv

Very happy with this purchase. Highly recommend it to others.

Pros

Easy to use. Highlights the parts in which there is movement in the frame, saving the need to review hours of video footage.

Cons

Not much cons with the software. Not the most intuitive in terms of setup but once that hurdle is passed it is easy to operate.

Alexander
Alexander

Reviewed on 14/05/2018

I am managing the software XProtect Smart 2017 R1(Client and Admin)

Manage cameras in a very easy and effective way.

Pros

Many useful features, such as Sequence Explorer and Playback. Easy to navigate needed camera. Easy configuration option, allowing you to add new cameras pretty fast.

Cons

The recording device could use more video extensions. .avi takes a lot of recording space and it takes forever to finish it. Also the update and upgrade can be moved to the Auto mode, instead of downloading every time a new version.

• Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 31/03/2020

Great Video Software

Overall I love this tool. It makes my job way easier. I can move from one place to another in no time without having to actually be there.

Pros

We currently use this software to control over 20 locations. What impressed me the most is the live videos show very well. When it was first installed on my computer I thought it might be hard to use however overall it is really easy to use despite all its functionalities and everything you can do with this tool.

Cons

What I liked the least about this software is that when I'm onsite it works great and I can backtrack information. For some reason, if I'm anywhere else that is not onsite the audio never picks up. I can see videos clear without any problem except the audio always gives me issues.

Katrina

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

Security camera

I do like it, control of each area of camera is done with ease

Pros

View , is awesome
I can do my job thoroughly
Protect the employees
Ease of getting other areas of computer
Changing view is easy done

Cons

It can be harder to navigate through when issues do occur, however it is complex with larger areas to have to protect

stefan

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Brought in to support a wider range of camera's than we have on our Axys System

Flexibility in camera selection

Pros

Very customizable views for different sets of users. The customization can be tailored to support the technical skills of the end user.

Cons

The installation process leave much to be desired when things go wrong in terms of troubleshooting. The documentation is lacking as well

Clement
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 8/02/2018

Used the essential version and pro/expert/enterprise. All the versions accept all major...

Pros

This VMS is easy to use and is compatible with all major cameras. The essential version is a great path to follow to start using a real VMS.

Cons

This software package is a bit heavy for only 8 cameras. the server needed to record 8 cameras has to be a bit more powerful than competitors.

• Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 10/08/2019

Greate for remote observations

I am very satisfied with having access to this tool and all the time it saves for me from having to move from one place to another for an observation. I can do them from the same place and still be as effective and a live session.

Pros

I can observe my team remotely when in training and score their delivery skills. This allows me to follow up on my live monitors. It has been really helpful since due to my daily bandwidth I am not always able to attend every training session. It is a tool very easy to use and access doesn't even take long to load at all.

Cons

Some times audios are not recorded properly and there are gaps in the audio. Still not sure if it has to do with the camera or the location of the camera. These audio issues are not that common that they really become an issue.