Fiix Reviews

Visit Website

About Fiix

Fiix is a cloud-based computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) that helps businesses organize their maintenance departments, get on top of maintenance backlog, and work towards preventive maintenance. The CMMS helps...

4.2

Browse Fiix Reviews

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 18/06/2021

Best Engineering system

Fiix MACMMS is very reliable and easy to use in our hotel especially our engineering department. Beforem they are using Excel to record all work order until work completed and it's very hard for us to trace the work order because of this manual system. But after deploying the FIIX, our job makes easier and the response time to attend to our guests' needs is now very fast.

Pros

The FIIX is a very useful system not only for Engineering department but for all department in our hotel because this system has an inventory system and purchasing module. very user friendly and easy to setup.

Cons

I wish we could also add/change a logo to our company logo under basic plan because it's not applicable to our existing plan.

Aaron
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 28/12/2020

14 months into FIIX use

Overall experience, we received a product we could quickly and easily fill but then with further review most of that info needs to change and be improved. Once again I think the software needs a bit more standard structure for initial asset inputs. I think an onsite installer with more practical manufacturing environment would have also helped. One example, we were told to set each PM completion time to 10% of PM frequency which is basically impossible in our field. A Monthly PM only allows 3 days to complete when all Maintenance teams would expect to be compliant to complete PM at anytime within the 30 days in each month.

Pros

The open architecture and ease of adding assets and PMs

Cons

The same as what we originally liked. The open architecture allows users to create assets without much of the info needed within a PM system. Asset creation should be more structured and then allow additional inputs for special info but asset should require info about model serial number purchase and current cost. Since we began the entries without this info, I can add it later but info won't be standard for all assets unless I remove each and add back once I determine all info needed for each. It was nice not to need this info in beginning but makes the product I have less useful that it would have been if we were forced to add this standard information from the begining

MPulse, Eptura Asset, SyteLine and eMaint CMMS

Reasons for Switching to Fiix

Two sister plants recently began using this software and the hope was to be able to put all plants under one umbrella
Dennis
  • Industry: Plastics

Reviewed on 5/03/2020

OH....FIIX!!!

Overall the experience has been challenging. Migrating inventory data from one system to another was an epic failure. It ended up being useless data and all had to be re-entered.

Pros

Once configured, the reports are great. Design and setup for the reports is like rocket science.

Cons

All the date entry points must be opened by clicking on this little bitty drop down arrow. Work orders and PO's can only be sent to one single email address as opposed to the option to send to multiples.

Asset Essentials

Response from Rockwell Automation

Hi Dennis. Thank you for your feedback. Your comments regarding our report builder have been heard loud and clear and the product team is working on an improved user experience to be rolled out in 2020. Your customer success manager will be in touch to review these upcoming changes with you and address your other concerns.

Replied 24/06/2020

Top Fiix Alternatives

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne

Verizon Connect

Stephane
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 21/09/2020

Pros

Easy to use. I wish we could enter all our service providers and issues P.O. numbers for service calls.

We manage over 1000 residential suites. The suites are the assets for us. If we need repairs done in the suite by a contractor, I wish we could issue a P.O. for that service.

Cons

we can't generate a P.O. # for a service- just for parts. If we need lets say an electrician to come out and replace a breaker, we can't give him a P.O. with the system for his service. If we order a part from a vendor we can issue a P.O. with the system.

Yardi Voyager

Reasons for Switching to Fiix

The accountant wanted "simply accounting" and not Yardi.

Response from Rockwell Automation

Hi Stephane, we're happy to hear that you find out software easy to use. Thank you for your valuable feedback. As we are always looking to improve our software, we have taken your feedback about issuing POs for services and submitted them to our product team.

Reviewed on 8/11/2022

B's thought on Fiix

Overall it is a great tool to record and manage all assets, measures KPIs and many more. Also it is very user friendly so people from various age group can easily use and provides you effective data.

Pros

Work order management and Analytics is win for me. Inventory ABC classification by usage also highly appreciated.

Cons

At initial stage, it is a great software but in long term it required continues improvement in product or additional features in software to get maximum return out of it.

INTERAL Maintenance

Reasons for Switching to Fiix

At beginning stage of procurement, our priority was safety of company data where Fiix wins from all other competitors.
Jesse
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 25/05/2023

If Fiix can't fix it it can't be fixed.

I am utilizing Fiix to capture and track maintenance and repairs at multiple locations.

Pros

The workorder process is very user friendly and can be used with very little training involved. The ability to utilize Fiix from my mobile phone is amazing.

Cons

TBD: I haven't found anything that I do not like about Fiix.

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne

Reasons for Switching to Fiix

Fiix was chosen for its overall ease of use.
Teague

more efficient with FIIX

Very good, we have streamlined our maintenance team to be more efficient and it has made my job as the maintenance manager a lot easier

Pros

being able to track inventory, and keep technicians busy

Cons

notifications of work orders are not getting to team members

eMaint CMMS

Reasons for Switching to Fiix

One of my employees was familiar already with FIIX
Sven
  • Industry: Maritime

Reviewed on 23/05/2023

Great, cost effective solution

Fiix has allowed us to be fully compliant with both regulatory and professional practice in relation to maritime maintenance, at zero cost. Traditionally, maintenance records had been handwritten and risk being lost, damaged or presenting difficulties in quick access if required

Pros

The pricing and what features were included in the basic free package

Cons

I appreciate that the analysis tools are in the paid package, but it would be beneficial to have some very basic tools available in the free package as well

MaintainX

Reasons for Switching to Fiix

Better quality and features on the free version
Alan
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 2/09/2020

Perfect for us

Fiix has already improved our maintenance team. In just a few weeks we are already tracking how much time is being spent where, allowing us to become more efficient. I think in the long term this will allow us to focus more on preventative and predictive maintenance and spend far less time doing reactive repairs.

Pros

Fiix was easy to implement. Within 2 days of purchasing the software we were up and running with it. Of course it took a few weeks to work the bugs out, but that is all training related.

Cons

Fiix has so far been nearly perfect. Im sure we will find something to complain about, but we havent yet :)

Adan
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 4/09/2020

Best value product hands down

I used FIIX previously and I was able to recommend it to the new organization I now participate with.
I have been pleased and happy to know that I can manage resources, assets and facilities from anywhere.

Pros

No need of hiring local IT personal to upgrade the system
After review over 20 different products
this is the best value product you can find
No initiation fees, which is optional but no mandatory
We are happy customers

Cons

We are still trying to figure out how to print the QR codes
but I guess we will need to contact tech support

FMX

Reasons for Switching to Fiix

The price difference made it clear to us that FIIX was the best option.
Greg
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 12/02/2020

Fiix... 4 years in.

Gradually getting away from individual databases and "personal" information stores.

Pros

Once all users are onboard with all sections it does become a "single source of truth" for all equipment within a business. Easy import of existing databases, easy to move assets between sites and have all relevant data follow the asset.

Cons

1.Limitations and complexity of the reporting module. example:- I want to create a report that lists run times, power generated, and fuel usage for our generating plant but this does not appear to be possible.
2. Some important data does not automatically populate between sections. example:- We have compound equipment made up of multiple assemblies (Think, television camera, with a teleprompter, mounted on a pan and tilt head, all on top of a robotic pedestal) if a work order is created for the pedestal (which is "part of" the complete camera) and we look at the history of the complete camera, the pedestal work order doesn't appear.
3. No multi-site project capabilities without "tricking" the system by transferring assets between sites.

Response from Rockwell Automation

Hello Greg, thanks for the review and your feedback about our CMMS. For our reporting module, we offer report training sessions that can get you more information about how to use our reporting module. If you like, you can also engage our Professional Services team to build custom reports for you. We really value your feedback and we are always looking to improve our CMMS. We would love to learn more about how we can improve our equipments and projects module so someone from our Customer Success team still connect with you shortly to discuss your feedback in further detail and find the best solutions for your pain points. Have a great day!

Replied 6/03/2020
Qasim

Fiix User

very easy to use, once you've taken the time to enter all your equipment/assets or location and any information regarding maintenance and that is just when you start. Since the start of this program, all of our equipment are being serviced on timely manner, parts inventory been easy to maintain, and any information for that equipment is always easy to access for any piece of equipment. for example: manufacturer, model and serial number. over all this program Fiix have made my maintenance program easy and simple to use and track. Above all obtaining AA from the BRC audit.

Pros

There are number of features that I really like but the most I found very helpful when it came time for our BRC annual Audit and made things very easy, efficient and less time consuming were the scheduled maintenance, and the ability to schedule according to manufactures specifications and the reminders triggers via email, list of equipment and their locations, work order generation and completion. Running report to show all types of closed work orders, inventory under your assets, parts used versus what's left in stock. and the ability to access and generate work orders without having a user log in and prevent paying more for multiple users.

Cons

Honestly there not any specific but I would like to see if the programmers are working on ability to take pictures or scan into the program work order of equipment or any asset directly from your mobile devise. This feature may be there on the advance features, but for now I have the basic program.

Stephen
  • Industry: Facilities Services
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 29/03/2020

A very good mid-range CAFM system

Following a full evaluation of several types of CAFM system Fiix was identified as the best featured software for the available budget in managing FM at a large educational establishment in the UK.
It is very reliable and is still functioning without difficulty after almost five years. The client is very happy with the software.

Pros

Fiix is a very user friendly package with many features only found in top end IWMS and ERP solutions. it has a full mobile capability and is cloud based so is suited to many industries and sectors.

Cons

setting up forms and some of the setup and data import features generally need a person knowledgeable in these types of systems and also knowledgeable in asset management and maintenance. The support relies heavily on web based tutorials some of which are not easy to understand for non-IT professionals

CAFM Explorer

CAFM Explorer

Budget and user friendly GUI
Lloyd
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

Product Review

It has helped our shop stay on top of jobs and allowed us to export WO's to management so they can chose the priority of what they would like jobs done in.
Scheduled maintenance is now easy to manage.
As with any CMMS system it does not run itself and needs dedicated man hours to manage it. There is no way to get away from that. However, if you spend the time you are rewarded with great data.

Pros

Ease of use. It is quite easy to learn how to use.
Many useful features learning to use more all the time.

Cons

It is glitchy, I have to reload the program quite often because buttons disappear.
The sort on any of the sheets uses the left hand value to sort, for example 9900 would come before 10001.
When exporting to excel it only does one page at a time and if I have 500 items I have to export 5x and stich the sheets together.
For Work orders submitted by a guest the work order sheet shows them as a guest and does not identify them by their email address.
When sending out an email (PO for example) it does not show up in the sent box or in my outlook sent items. So I am not sure if the email was actually sent.
Not easy to use for unplanned down time. Cannot notify the runners of jobs that need to be done immediately.

Scott
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 26/09/2022

great software to streamline your maintenance department

Im very happy with Fiix. it's quickly become the most used tool in our Maintenance department.

Pros

the open API and Cloud based app made implementation super simple, Allen Bradly integration is a nice addition to the already feature packed software. at the time of purchase it was the most feature packed CMMS with the smallest price tag.

Cons

Implementation is a bit of a bear. I dont know how it could be streamlined, but it would be nice for future iterations.

Hippo CMMS and eMaint CMMS

price vs features

Response from Rockwell Automation

Hi Scott, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad you have been enjoying Fiix and that it's become one of the most used tools in your department. Thank you for telling us about your experience.

Replied 17/10/2022
Brian
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 9/11/2020

Underutilized in Our facility

For the most part I like it, and can see the benefits for our application, but it's not being used as fully as it could be which frustrates technicians on the floor. Not a fault of the software at all. It is like having the best tools at your disposal and using rudimentary techniques to apply them.

Pros

As an Electrician and daily user I like the ability to scan a barcode and pull up data on a machine or submit a work request. Also the service histroty provided it's filled out accurately. Training was poor at best but that's internal to us. I understand that this is a far more robust program with many features we do not use within our facilities which is frustrating at times.

Cons

Currently online PM reports with radio buttons. This feature seems slow, and when working on the floor with dirty hands electronics tend not to cooperate. This is less a FIIX issue and more of an internal issue.

Response from Rockwell Automation

Hi Brian, we're happy that you find FIix easy to use, especially when it comes to getting the information you need to get your job done. We are sorry to hear that you did not find your training complete. Have you taken a look at our free on-demand training sessions? They could help solve some of the adoption gaps you are experienced!

Replied 30/11/2020
Bryan
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

The Fiix advantage

I have worked with four other CMMS systems throughout my career and Fiix has been by far the easiest to set-up and use which keeps the equipment running with less than 10% reactive maintenance. The reports are fantastic so that I can look at pretty much any aspect or metric at a moments notice.

Pros

User interface is straight forward and simple to use making it easy for the whole team. Being able to create, schedule, implement, and track are very important to any maintenance team. The look-up feature for equipment or supplies and links them to a vendor is a valuable feature. Scheduling is a breeze and having the ability to easily create, modify any task is simple.

Cons

I would love to be able to delete tooling or equipment that is retired easily without having to go through hoops to delete because it is tied to other scheduled maintenance. A 24 hour time clock would a valuable function but, I have yet to see that happen there have been several times that have occurred where AM/PM were switch causing confusion.

Dan
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 9/11/2020

FIIX Program Review

8 out of 10. You will most likely have better experiences with upgraded systems. More options and functionality. Min package has lots of limitations. If your looking for a full functional program, you must purchase the higher option.

Pros

Dashboard overview (Really gives clear view of what is outstanding or needing addressed)
Maintenance Projects (Tying work order and purchases to projects is nice, allows you to see how much a project really costs)
Notifications (Tie into e-mail, phone and FIIX inbox nicely)
Purchasing (Pretty easy to use, only once you are out of draft mode, there are no adjustments that can be made unless you close out purchase completely then request to go back to draft)

Cons

Permissions - Setting menu and page permissions are too complicated.
Parts & Supplies - When you want or need to make changes or delete items and they are tied to a location, you cannot edit.
Purchasing - You cannot edit after you send to supplier. Sometimes quotes change or service charges change. You have to fulfill order, then request back to draft.

Dave
  • Industry: Facilities Services
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 16/03/2020

Addresses a recognized need

Overall, our only shortcoming with the software is getting the entire organization to buy in! Currently, we're only about 25% engaged across our system, but our need is much, much greater.

For those that are utilizing the software package they have found efficiencies and tracking abilities not previously experienced, or that could provide much more in-depth information for budgeting and scheduling standpoints on facility management of our properties.

Pros

The capability of the Fiix CMMS package is very much similar to other software for maintenance management. Ease of use is clearly the most appealing characteristic of Fiix! Even if the items out of the box don't exactly fit your circumstance, with a bit of forethought this software will still serve your needs.

Cons

While the training assistance and videos within the software are helpful, like most software packages is you have the developer providing the guidance and instruction. What I have found in most software is the need for the training and assistance to come from someone who's not so connected to the product. Training and such needs to be conveyed in language that is not developer speak, that is more from a novice viewpoint.

Aaron
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 17/09/2020

BHS Inventory/Parts Management

My overall experience with FIIX has been good. It feels like it is software that is better suited for smaller companies with little diversity in their inventory items.

Pros

When it comes to inventory management I like that FIIX has an easy to use search function. The purchase order process within FIIX is easy and straight forward. An additional bonus with FIIX is that the support team is vey friendly and helpful in answering any questions and resolving any issues.

Cons

What I find least functional with FIIX is their lack of flexibility when it comes to inventory management. The flexibility to set up numbered locations is minimal and its' transparency in tracking product movement does not exist.

Response from Rockwell Automation

Hi Aaron, thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that you find our parts and supplies module easy to use and that our team has been helpful resolving issues! We're sorry to hear that our inventory management functionality does not allow you to set up numbered locations or track product movement. We've submitted feature requests on our behalf to improve these aspects of our software.

Randy
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 2/11/2016

Smart device friendly

We've been using Maintenance Assistant for a number of years now, and I am very pleased with how it has been integrated with the smart device explosion that is currently going on.
Everywhere you go, a handheld device is being used for data capture and processing.
In our tiny amusement park, it's trying to convince the users of MA to use the phones, that they already use for everything else, for the maintenance recording and tracking of the rides and systems that we must operate, check and repair daily. It is a learning experience, and will be helpful when all are on board and can better utilize all the features that MA has to offer.
It's a mindset that we have to crack, and I know that MA has the ability/features to help reach our goals.

Pros

The ability to track all facets of a piece of equipment. From parts inventory, to hours needed for a certain task/repair.

Cons

hard to say, it just works....
If I would have to say would be creating a work order. It's easy to create one, but trying to fill in all the correct fields, and make it searchable for later review.
Not the fault of MA, just the users knowledge on how to set it up, and keep it simple.

LEONEL STEVE
  • Industry: Chemicals

Good and constants improvements

Overall it has make the task for each group organized and productive.

Pros

Important is to have all the bases cover during a proyect or a service tasks, and fiix software covers that, to have the history record with the back up files help to achieve the goals proposed

Cons

Fiix software needs to facilitate the function to generate tasks and jobs, to explain a little more easily, if I need to generate 20 tasks equal to different assets, it should not be doing the same 20 times instead of 1 time assigning the same group of tasks to 20 assets at the same time. imagine if these were 1000 assets!

Response from Rockwell Automation

Hi Leonel, thank you for your review. Good news! We do have a task group feature that will allow you to automatically attach similar task lists to different assets. With task groups, you will not have to set up tasks one by one. We also offer free on-demand training sessions that can give you more tips and tricks on how to set up Fiix. We will make sure your Customer Success Manager reaches out to you to help you get set up on these!

Replied 12/11/2020
Ewen
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 3/09/2020

FIIX and Aquaculture/Process Engineering

A very good product which I have and will recommend to any company looking at rolling out a planned maintenance system

Pros

It is easy to set up and create sites to allow the population of assets using the import function. Easy to train engineers in how to use and carry out work task as well as scheduled tasks. Using the QR code labels engineers can scan on mobile device and log works carried out on the go.

Cons

Only issue I have is they are based ion the other side of the world so have to wait for a few hours for a reply if there is an issue. Luckily these are few and far in the 8 years we have used FIIX.

Dimitrinka
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 16/09/2020

WHAY I WORK WITH FIIX

I HAVE BEEN WORKING IN THE COMPANY FOR 2 YEARS.I HAD TO LEARN MYSELF TO WORK ON MY OWN, WHICH TURNED OUT TO BE EASY.THERE WAS AN OPTION FOR THE INFORMATION TO BE COMPLETED ON PAPER.FOR ABOUT 1 MONTH I WAS ABLE TO IMPOSE FIIX, WITHOUT PAPER RECORDS AND IT IS EASIER FOR ALL OF THEM.

Pros

IT'S BEST THAT ALL THE INFORMATION ABOUT THE EQUIPMENT AND ITS CONDITION IS 1 CLICK DISTANCE, OF COURSE IT IS WHEN THE INFORMATION IS COMPLETELY COMPLETED.THERE IS A GOOD ASSISTANCE CENTER.

Cons

THERE IS A GOOD ASSISTANCE CENTER, BUT I DO NOT ALWAYS FIND AN ANSWER TO MY SPECIFIC QUESTIONS.I HAVE THE PROMISE THAT IN THE MORE QUESTIONS IN A SPECIFIC CASE, HE WILL BE CONSIDERED AND WILL FIND A SOLUTION THAT IS ACTUALLY LOGICAL.

Kecia
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

Not an Inventory Friendly Program

Does not allow you to find items with ease... it is more of a Work Order Program as opposed to Inventory
Control Program..

Pros

it's more for work orders than inventory

Cons

The system allows for many Mistakes to be made. There is nothing to let us know there are duplicates, or parts in the same location etc...IE: If you don't put part name or # how it was entered at first it's difficult to find them, it doesn't even bring up similar items to compare. For a daily inventory usage it is Not User Friendly. When I asked the Rep. that came to the Facility to do Training I expressed concern over these items and I was told it doesn't have that option. not sure if that would be in a different plan or not

Response from Rockwell Automation

Hi Kecia, we're sorry to hear that Fiix is not helping you achieve your inventory management objectives. Thank you for the valuable feedback about our parts and supplies module. We have captured your feedback about duplicate parts and our parts search field for our product team to consider, as we continue to work on improving our inventory management capabilities.