About Pulseway

Pulseway is an integrated IT assets and network monitoring solution designed for IT administrators to remotely monitor and control their business IT resources. The solution supports multi-deployment architecture, allowing the...

Browse Pulseway Reviews

Dave J. Dave J.

Reviewed on 10/06/2019

We Love Pulseway

Pulseway has gotten better and continues to improve on their service offering. They have partnered with Webroot for antivirus and security training and Unitrends for backup. Both services we use and neither has let us down. I highly recommend Pulseway and we are very happy with their service. Give them a test drive and see for yourself how admin friendly they are.

Pros

We have been using Pulseway for 3 years system wide. Our IT team has until this year consisted of just me to support 14 sites. Most of my sites are relatively close with my closest at 1 mile and furthest 90 miles away. But I have one site in Colorado and another in Florida. Pulseway lets me manage all sites seamlessly. With their recent addition of 3rd party software updating, it is a more complete offering that makes our jobs so much easier.
Their phone app is what sold me on Pulseway and continues to provide the best remote tool that I’ve ever seen.

Cons

I come from a small MSP consulting background where we tried several different RMMs & PSAs but ended up using Continuum for our main system. I’ve also used SolarWinds in the past, Pulseway handles most of the tasks that Continuum and SolarWinds do, not 100% yet, but the few parts that are left out is room for improvement and growth.

Peter P. Peter P.

Reviewed on 14/07/2019

Pulseway controls the activities of my system and keeps me always informed.

All those moments in which we were slaves of our teams where our presence was necessary, with the acquisition of Pulseway has been forgotten, because with this excellent tool we can monitor and control all activities presented by the teams and servers of the company from any mobile device. There are many occasions that we have avoided major inconveniences to hardware and software for our sastifaccion.Me I like the particularity that this system has to be able to integrate amounts of third-party services, among which we can mention are Zandesk, Slack, Pagger Duty, etc, that can expand solutions that help to obtain greater value of infrastructure management services.

Pros

The installation of Pulseway in our equipment was very simple, we also delight with its user interface. This system has kept us aware of all the activity that can present our servers at all times, as we are always receiving notifications in advance, with this platform we have no problems in browsing files, operate maintenance windows, manage network connectivity and much more. We can monitor and control operating systems such as Windows, Linux and Mac, as well as any other applications if we use the monitoring API. It has a mobile application for IOS and Android devices, which means that we can track and manage all IT resources remotely, in the same way to advanced automation, so we do not have to spend a lot of time on routine tasks, copies security and security controls, etc.

Cons

Pulseway is a wonderful system, which means that it is difficult to find defects.

Steve G. Steve G.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Great Overall Management Tool

I am using Pulseway for Systems management and compliance. It is used on end user desktops as well as servers. We use it for Antivirus central management. (Webroot). We use it for end user support using the Pulseway Remote Desktop. We also use it for systems monitoring and alerting. It is a very effective tool.

Pros

Having the mobile app combined with the web portal allows me to manage my devices practically anytime anywhere! The scripting tools help me accomplish tasks effortlessly for tasks that are not built in to the system, which is rare. It is also a very versatile/customizable tool for monitoring and notifications.

Cons

There hasn't been an update for the Win 10 App in a while. I would love an investment in this tool. But, I have moved to the web portal as a workaround. I would love to schedule deployment of Antivirus and scripting for when the next time a device checks in, not just when they are online.

Top Pulseway Alternatives

Reviewed on 21/12/2018

Amazing product, amazing team, fantastic value

Pros

Best monitoring and management software out there
Well priced
Has all the features one would require
Control everything from your phone with the Phone App
New features added all the time
Support is brilliant
Able to rebrand the software with your own company information
Group policies make managing settings across organisations/departments a breeze
Ability to create custom scripts is fantastic
Easy to for technicians to adopt and my clients love it

Cons

Remote desktop isn't the fastest and lacks built in file transfer and chat (chat is done via a separate app) - although support say they are working to improve this.
Can't manage third party updates in patch management
Would love more antivirus options, perhaps Malwarebytes or Bitdefender
There isn't an unlimited endpoints license option (or a per technician license model) to help curb costs when you've got a considerable amount of endpoints to license

Stephen F. Stephen F.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 6/06/2019

How we use Pulseway

It's so incredibly useful. I turns long overnight procedures into playing with your phone on the couch. It would take me around 2x 8 hour overnight shifts to properly run updates all the machines, now its all done from my couch as the wife and I watch TV together. Just fantastic!

Pros

It visually offers you the information you are looking for in an easy to read and intuitively presented manner. It saves me hours a week, days every month and at least a month every year to simply allow me to keep my workstations working optimally. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. Pulseway makes my links stronger!

Cons

The leg work needed to set up correctly. Manually setting each PC to Wake on LAN, Name changes, Writing scripts, etc... Sometimes I feel that this product is really 3 in one. However the cohesion of it all is broken. I don't often use the remote software, relying heavily on Microsoft RDP. Or simply just walking to their location. If the remote option was in the same space I would find the CPU or the Updates, than I would utilize it more. Same with Webroot, my antivirus, I find myself using the Pulseway to install the software on other's PCs, however I lack in utilizing the full benefits because of the many steps needed to.

Morné B. Morné B.

Reviewed on 22/05/2015

Monitoring and Management - anytime, anywhere!

Having been in various IT related industries throughout my career I've used a variety of solutions similar to Pulseway.
None have made attending to any alerts or issues throughout the infrastructure this quick and easy.
Offering a single pane of glass for your entire infrastructure, you get the information you need, in a format that's efficient, and can attend to issues from your phone!

Yes you can install a SSH and RDP client on your phone and launch browsers, but every one of these methods wastes precious minutes as you scramble to open everything needed to attend to a critical issue.
With Pulseway, this is no longer any concern!

Pros

Most importantly - getting to work quicker. With direct integration with various services used throughout your environment, Pulseway offers immediate access to resolving issues, without the need to hop between different management interfaces, control panels or other systems.

Consistent interfaces throughout their applications, be it the web interface, Windows or mobile apps.

A passionate and amazing vendor - suggestions are taken seriously and these guys genuinely take to heart any feedback you give them.

Constant improvements - they are always working towards improving their product and adding new features.

Cons

Nothing of importance - my last point noted with the Pros is the passion shown by the vendor - this nullifies any real shortcoming because every criticism/suggestion I've had has not only been attended to, but are slated for release with future updates!

Jim B. Jim B.

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

Pulseway is a great IT tool

Pulseway lets me see when computers and devices are connected to the internet and when they are not. I can see who logs on right away to make sure it is a legitimate user, the time they logged in and when they logged out. This has helped me to identify viruses and unauthorized activity. It gives even the ip address of who is accessing if it is a remote connection, which triggers an alert. All of the people at Pulseway I have dealt with are always friendly and eager to help.

Pros

It has all of the features needed to professionally monitor all the electronic devices customer use today. It is efficient and reliable.

Cons

The one thing I would like to have is the ability to transfer files while connected remotely.

Jason F. Jason F.

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

2nd Year Review

100% the best business investment so far!

Pros

We have had this software for little over 2 years now. It is a complete RMM tool that works flawlessly. With many options from snmp traps to thermals of the device you are monitoring. The app is very easy to use with 80% of the same capability as the dashboard.

Cons

Setup was easy however communication for setting up the SSL on the self hosted option was somewhat spotty.

Scott W. Scott W.

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

Best Monitoring Package on The Planet

Pros

The ability for our team to effectively monitor all of our mission critical servers and resources. In addition, the ability for us to take corrective actions from our mobile devices is of great benefit. I'm not sure there really is a true competitor or replacement for this in the industry.

Cons

We really have nothing negative to say about the product.

George C. George C.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

All you need plus nice xtras.

I am able to quickly add someone to a group and then take over. No need to exchange pwds/ids. no need for complicated configuration so that i can re-connect after a reboot. the integration with kaspersky is a nice touch. it is really handy especially when you have to help out non-technical people. Moreover, I am using in on my hosted and development machines as well as my raspi and unraid storage servers making the back up process almost hands free!!!!

Pros

Most of all i liked the new ability to send a installation link to someone at get their system directly added to a existing group. Furthermore, the mobile app has all the functionality included so you are not missing out if you are not in-front of a desktop.

Cons

Does not have a remote control app for mobile.

John R. John R.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 21/06/2021

Best RMM on the Market

Excellent!

Pros

Hands down, the phone app. We can monitor and control nearly all aspects of our client's environments from the app. Extremely flexible allowing many customizations at the client level or through the use of policies.

Cons

Notifications for offline systems are sent at five minutes.
No PagerDuty integration for offline systems.

Breno G. Breno G.

Reviewed on 15/01/2019

Take monitoring in your pocket and be advised of any issues

Pros

Very great app and good support! Pulseway really help me to prevent big issues speceally infoming then before happening. And it have a great app that works in iPhone so I can take control of my IT even if i´m out of office.

Cons

Don´t know yet. Maybe the price? :-) App is fantastic and I don´t know how we work without it before.

Jon E. Jon E.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Very powerful software that I probably don’t use anywhere near to capacity

Applying updates on the fly, pushing out PS scripts as needed for certain tasks, and status monitoring are all a nice benefit when you are a one man IT Department.

Pros

Easy to use and easy to deploy. The Remote Desktop is a great replacement for my existing remote support software. The absolute best feature, in my opinion, is the ability to push out PS scripts to automate routine tasks; targeted to specific machines.

Cons

If I have to pick one; it is a little expensive for a small agency such as mine. I would also like to see me more PS script templates made available. Mainly because I am a total noob with PS and prefer to learn from others.

Jacob I. Jacob I.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 31/08/2018

No bull shit , event based server/node monitorering solution

Pros

Easy to setup
low cost
dashboard and app
Pulseway are accessible , we use that dashboard app to get events to use in our overall dashboard

Cons

Dashboard app lacks customization options
i miss a list of all events instead of the marquee in the buttom.
Server events is decentralized configured

Jeremy M. Jeremy M.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 7/02/2018

Easy NMS 5*

Pros

This product is simple, satisfying, feature rich, and is very robust, easy to deploy and set group polices amazing

Cons

Don't expect great reports, built in 18 with no customization at this point. Is not build with Linux or Unix in mind.

Deryck B. Deryck B.
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

Best product on the market

The customer support with Pulseway is beyond my expectations.

Pros

Easy to use, great system, Monitoring and patch management is a breeze

Cons

nothing, everything works as you would expect

Brett D. Brett D.

Reviewed on 2/07/2021

Great Tool to Have

Very positive. Staff is flexible & personable when it comes to their help.

Pros

Easy to use & flexible to manage across platforms. Multi-Factor authentication is well implemented.

Cons

Needs more integration of Anti-Virus in the Dashboard.

Mark K. Mark K.

Reviewed on 11/04/2018

Pulseway has been a lifesaver

Pros

With the monitoring and management features giving direct access to terminal and powershell, I've found this to be an invaluable tool. Now with the new Patch Management with scheduling, it's proven to be even more valuable. The remote desktop feature is handy for helping users, although I rarely need to use it. But it works well if needed.

Cons

I can't think of anything to complain about Pulseway - it has made managing my systems so much easier.

Mike A. Mike A.

Reviewed on 9/10/2017

A dependable way to monitor my servers.

Pros

Well written and affordable. I usually know the server is down before my Clients contact me. Peace of mind knowing all systems go.

Jack T. Jack T.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Good program for most techs

It was nice to be able to remote in to any of the systems when there was an issue, and the alerts, and what options for alerts that could be set, were great.

Pros

I liked how easy it was overall to navigate around and how it performed. Overall no complaints about the system. The staff were always quick to respond to any questions that I had.

Cons

Other than the minimum monthly fee, everything was fine. I only say that because when I had one company take over their systems when I left the IT field, they only had about nine computers, and it ended up not being worth it for them to take over the remote work (although they did in the end).

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 12/05/2017

Must have remote management app

Pros

- nice GUI
- complete set of handy functions
- stable with not much impact on system performance
- steady evolution of the product

Cons

I sometimes use the remote Terminal functions and this is quite basic. Slow response on commands, no repeat functions for last xx commands (only last), no buttons for frequently used commands/scriptlets.
The Close Session command and Repeat Last Command are “hidden” behind the “Share” button, not very intuitive.

Alexander S. Alexander S.

Reviewed on 27/07/2021

Simple to use, Simple to Deploy

Pros

The ease of use is a big sell. Also Linux and older OS support.

Cons

The Network Monitoring was a little lacking for my companies needs.

Mark R. Mark R.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 18/12/2019

Pulseway simplifies my life.

Pulse easily monitors whether or not our virtual machines are up. We can easily restart system services when needed and resetting or unlocking user AD accounts are our most common uses for Pulseway.

Pros

There are just those annoying things as a systems administrator that Pulseway makes dead simple. Whether it is resetting someone's AD password or having to restart the internal webserver. If I'm away from my desk or out of the office all I have to do is pull out my phone and I have access to all of it through the Pulseway app. No need to get to a computer or VPN in if I'm remote!

Cons

Pulseway supported certain functionality in the older versions of SQL Server. However, they are not supporting any newer versions of SQL Server. It is not critical but we were disappointed when we upgraded from SQL Server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2016 and the connectivity was gone.

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

Pulseway is an effective and easy tool for monitoring software.

Pros

Since I use Pulseway, the feature that i mostly like is its easiness. Pulseway provides effective and user friendly monitoring solution specially from the phone app.

Cons

The only challenge that i face is customer service of Pulseway due to the email replies. Sometimes I am waiting for the reply 2 or 3 days.

Daniel T. Daniel T.