BambooHR Reviews

About BambooHR

Instead of using fragmented spreadsheets, limited or clunky software, and physical paper, BambooHR helps you centralize your data and automate the way you complete key HR tasks. As you hire, onboard, and pay your employees, every...

Browse BambooHR Reviews

2,772 of 2,773 reviews

Reviewed on 4/08/2022

Easy to Use HRIS

I love Bamboo! Very happy with it, and excited to see what the future holds.

Pros

The product is very easy to use. The customer support is incredible. The system is aesthetically pleasing. Bamboo listens to feedback and is always updating and releasing new features based on customer feedback.

Cons

Some features are not the most robust. Time tracking and reporting specifically. Bamboo does not have built-in scheduling. The employee notes feature could be more like applicant notes (replies, attachments, email notifications).

Humanity and Deputy

UKG Ready

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Ease of use, better customer support, better features.
Eric
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 1/03/2024

BambooHR Works

I have used other platforms in the past and Bamboo is easy to use, navigate and deploy to users.

Pros

Bamboo is easy to use and the interaction with employees, potential employees and applicants is makes my job and that of the team simple. The reports Bamboo generates are easy to create, access and modify.

Cons

I would like Bamboo to have and allow for text communication and not just email. Most employees reply and respond to their mobile devices.

Aisha
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 12/09/2023

Good product

Like the product for starting companies, but as your processes and strategy become more detailed, I am not sure if Bamboohr can manage properly as a stand-alone platform. Like the HRIS, the rest of the features are not robust

Pros

Love the simplicity of the HRIS system to allow for tracking personnel

Cons

The payroll system and time management are not as robust as it needs to be. Unlike optional features such as performance or applicant tracking that are not critical to risk management, the payroll and time management must be up to par to ensure customers are compliant with state regulations, able to identify and correct discrepancies quickly, and able to customize reporting to identify labor cost trends. Unfortunately, the payroll and time tracking doesn't relate.1 Example: We cannot track if meals are being taken or the system does not alert us when someone does not take their required lunch breaks. Depending on state, there are penalties associated with this2 Example: If an employee is scheduled to be terminated on a specific day, they are automatically taken out of the system before ensuring they were paid their last check. States have many different regulations around when a former employee must be paid their final check. We would have to alter the person's last day and final pay date in order to process their last check, which can cause incorrect records if we forget to switch the dates back to correct separation date. If we schedule termination ahead of time, we have no way of tracking who is up for termination soon or no notice that the person was removed from payroll ensuring timely payment. 3 Example: Timetracking is more than just about having the ability to clock in and out with approval. There is very limited reporting that can be pulled to track labor cost

Top BambooHR Alternatives

Oracle Taleo Cloud

Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Oracle PeopleSoft

Reviewed on 8/01/2024

Great HR Software for Small Businesses

Overall, this is a great HR application for small businesses. There are a lot of very useful out-of-box features available, and the pricing model doesn't change if you are under a certain number of users so there is room for growth without continuously increasing your costs. Compared to other HR applications we researched, this was the most user-friendly for the best price. If you are looking to automate some of your HR work, I highly recommend implementing BambooHR. It has greatly improved the organization of our HR processes.

Pros

BambooHR is an easy to use and very comprehensive HR software that offers a lot of valuable and high-use out-of-box features. Our initial primary uses of the software were aggregation and consolidation of personnel information, PTO tracking, and general communication of company announcements to the team. As we got further into the product offerings, we also began to heavily utilize the onboarding, offboarding, and recruiting features, all of which were previously done using very manual processes. BambooHR allowed us to discontinue using spreadsheets and other manual forms for very common and basic HR functions, while housing them under one roof. It also provided our employees with a easier way to contribute to their own personnel profiles, and while as request and track PTO.

Cons

To properly utilize BambooHR according to your companies specific HR processes, there is a lot of individual and time-intensive setup involved. The platform is fairly customizable, but only if you are willing to invest significant time into configuring the features. While we expected a significant time investment into setting up the application, we were disappointed to learn that we would not have a dedicated account manager to help us with the setup process. We had to learn everything about the platform on our own through the BambooHR help portal, or by calling the customer service number and waiting for a representative to be available. We also experience a price increase only a few month after signing up for the service. We were also disappointed to learn that the integrations with Google and Slack are very limited, and while some information can be passed between the systems, we needed to customize some of the API calls in order to share more useful information with the team. There are definitely some limitations to their integrations.

Zoho People and Rippling

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

Pingboard had very limited features and they were implementing a 700% cost increase.

Pingboard

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

BambooHR has the best features and the best price.
NATHAN

Reviewed on 8/02/2024

Great platform

Pros

Bamboo was very easy to set up. The implementation team was great and did a lot of the work.

Cons

Some of the features that are available do not work/integrate with our other software (Payroll)

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Price and customerservice were much better with Bamboo.
Daria

Reviewed on 9/02/2024

Standard value for its cost

Pros

It aids in gathering and centralizing HR-related data.

Cons

Abundance of features that are less practical, and a deficiency in automated processes

Henrietta
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 28/02/2024

BambooHR is a seamless HR tool

Pros

I was part of the team that helped set up and customize Bamboo. This too is very user friendly, customization options are endless, and the customer support is great!

Cons

Further improvements can be made to HR analytics to connect them to data visualization tools, like Tableau

Virgile
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 1/03/2024

Great product for finance folks

My overall experience with BambooHR is very positive! It's a reliable tool to help any size of company doing their analysis and keeping up good control over their Human Resources.

Pros

BambooHR is pretty easy to use and to create report that are critical for our forecasting and our financial analysis. While I didn't participate in the integration of the tool, it seems that it was easy to integrate and keep up to date afterward.

Cons

There are just a couple of small things that are not working perfectly (and it might be due to the way we use it). I was unable to create a solid report to analyze the salary increases per employee over time. Employees entries are duplicated over multiple lines which was not super useful.

Meghan

Reviewed on 14/02/2024

BambooHR - I love it!

BambooHR has honestly been really user friendly, and I would recommend to other companies.

Pros

I love how easy BambooHR makes the hiring and onboarding process. You can view each applicant from this site as well as rate whether they could be a good fit for the company. You can also communicate with the applicant straight from BambooHR. BambooHR makes it easy for new employees to complete their paperwork.

Cons

The only complaint that I have is that when a new employee enters their direct deposit information, BambooHR does not let them know that they have successfully entered their information and that information has been sent for approval and processing. Once a new employee enters that information, they get no feedback to confirm that they are complete or that their information went through.

NICK
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 13/02/2024

Bamboo HR Helps A Lot

Overall experience has been very positive. Our staff enjoys the ability to punch in wherever they are working.

Pros

The overall number of features to come along with your account. Our Company's top uses include document storage for onboarding, staff directory, goal tracking, and ease of putting the HR process more in the hands of our staff.

Cons

The requirement of logging in every month is a hindrance at times but not overall problematic. Periodic glitches with login in, but again nothing that decreases the overall value of the software.

Reviewed on 16/07/2020

Great HR Information System for medium size business

Moved all employment contract management online, leave management, onboarding, offboarding, personal details maintenance through self serve functionality, process workflows and performance management.

Pros

Modern HR information system with great broad feature set for medium size businesses. Excellent for leave management, request, approval and tracking.

Cons

Is based out of the US and orientation is by default to US customers. Works for Australia customers but is a bit short on handling contractors, more permanent focused, and support hours do not cover Australia timezone which has caused some issues.

Employment Hero

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

BambooHR offered us so much more in terms of features and functionality than we would ever invest to build internally. The user experience was modern and easy to use from signing up a new staff member, to onboarding them and maintaining their HR and Leave records. Removed significant risk from process errors, failed notification of employment changes and record keeping for signed contracts. Moved from paper to fully online!

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Great user interface, custimisable, simple to use and configure, right featureset and complexity for our size of organisation.
Keith
Keith
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 5/02/2022

Too simple for it's own good

We currently use BambooHR as an HRIS, and previously used it as an ATS. The employee database software is user friendly, but offers no customization. We inevitably switched our ATS to a different software because of these same concerns.

Pros

It's very user friendly. You don't need to be very tech savvy to use the various features available in BambooHR.

Cons

There is no customization available. If a feature is not available, there is no customization available to help tailor this program to your companies needs.

Bullhorn ATS & CRM and ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

We were looking for a program that ties all of our systems into one program (HRIS/ATS/Sales Database and compatibility with ADP Payroll).

Act! and Oracle Taleo Cloud

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

It seemed like the most user friendly and offered the best compatibility with our existing programs.
Tracie
  • Industry: Libraries

Reviewed on 10/02/2022

This brought us into the modern world

This has been a game changing addition to our department and I don't know what I would do without it. The customer service is better than any other vendor I have EVER worked with.

Pros

We are a small HR team and tracked everything on spreadsheets. This took an exorbitant amount of staff time to keep updated. I love the time tracking, our mother organization deducts leave one month after it is taken and so no one ever really knew how much leave they had. The electronic signature feature has been a game changing time saver. Supervisors being able to view employee documents at any time without having to come to our main location to pull the heavy paper file has been fantastic. And I always have current data at my fingertips including historical items that we used to have to go wade through old memos to reconstruct.

Cons

There's not much to not love. I wish there were a few more features on the application part. I wish I could have files stored that employees could fill out and forward to us without having to ask us to send them a signature request.

Paycom and Paycor

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Customer service, they offered a free trial, user interface, and ease of use
Jenna

Reviewed on 15/02/2022

Bamboo for Childcare Business

We have noticed such a huge difference in our management of HR since implementing this system. There are tons of things that we are doing now that we would have never thought possible before using Bamboo.

Pros

Our business truly benefits from being able to track due dates for trainings and documents. Because we are education, there are a ton of clearances, health forms, and professional development that must be completed. Keeping this all up to date has been done in the past on spreadsheets and not available to everyone to see. Now we can access this as admins and be able to verify things are being done when they are needed.

We have also really enjoyed the integration of time tracking, to timesheets, to payroll. It has made our managers lives easier and saved a ton of time for them. it has also made everything seemless for me to run payroll and process benefits without thinking about it too much or taking multiple days to get it done.

Cons

I feel like we would really benefit from a follow up training or someone to talk to. Kind of like implementation where someone would just check in to see if you could be using things better or differently to be more effective. We do reach out to support a ton and they are great!!

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

Cost, customer service, ease of use

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Bamboo seemed much more user friendly. We really wanted the system not to be scary to our staff and managers.
Anna

Reviewed on 1/12/2022

Amazing Customer Service, Always Looking to Improve

Overall we have really benefitted from Bamboo. I think the next big thing for Bamboo would be to offer a scheduling tool within the software. They partner with another company in this as an alternative, but I believe Bamboo could utilize their amazing innovation and forwarding thinking capabilities to create a great scheduling tool.

Pros

We love the customer service Bamboo provides. 90% of the time I have someone helping me within 2 minutes. And they always know the answer. If what I am wanting to do is not an option, they push it up the line and a group reviews these requests constantly. Bamboo is always looking to improve their product, which I appreciate and I want to be a part of a company that is always looking forward to the future's possibilities.

Cons

Our main issue is with payroll. We would love to utilize it, but you can only have one tax ID. We have multiple tax IDs for multiple locations and employees cross over between them constantly. The work around was for us to have multiple Bamboo accounts to accommodate for the multiple tax IDs. But this is not cost efficient for us.

Ashley

Reviewed on 18/08/2023

A Partner for this HR Department of One!

BambooHR has saved me time, money and honestly some of my sanity. Before implementing BambooHR, I was spending most of my time manually updating employee's time off records, inputting pen and paper timesheets into a spreadsheet to then key into a payroll system, and using multiple systems to track job postings and candidates. Now, I have it all in one place with so many helpful and time saving features to make my day-to-day a little easier.

Pros

Being able to bring so many various aspects of my job together in one platform has made me much more efficient in areas such as applicant tracking, time tracking, and payroll processing!

Cons

One of my Bamboo HR wish list items is a scheduling feature! I would like to see this feature combined with the time clock function to help us enforce policies about clocking in early, as well as sending a reminder to clock in or out for scheduled shifts. I would also like to see improved calendar functionality. Currently, the only way to add items to the calendar are through the time off policies. I would like to be able to manually add events and other items to the calendar.

Paycom, ADP Workforce Now and Paylocity

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

BambooHR offered the best "bang" for our buck. Although it wasn't the least expensive option, I was impressed by everything they had to offer. The system was the most user friendly of all the ones we demo'd and I really enjoyed knowing BambooHR could integrate with several other products and services (background checks, benefits programs, etc.) to make things more efficient. BambooHR is also great at keeping customers informed, involved, and included with updates and improvements.
Heidi

Reviewed on 23/05/2022

Free up your HR Department to do their best work

Due to implementing BambooHR, we moved from having 8-10 spreadsheets that required daily maintenance to being able to have one system of record. This has allowed us to onboard employees more seamlessly during the COVID-19 pandemic. We went from PDF time off request forms and a Google Out of the Office calendar that we had to manually maintain to using time off in BambooHR and implementing the iCal feeds so everyone knows who is out of the office at a glance.

Pros

Getting employee buy in and adoption is easy due to how intuitive the end-user experience is with BambooHR, especially with Google Single Sign On. As the administrator, I have the ability to make changes and implement things quickly on the backend without having to make a request and wait for someone else to make the changes for me. Having a streamlined and consistent onboarding and offboarding process ensures that new hires are set up for success and offboarding employees accounts and data are turned off in a timely manner.

Cons

BambooHR may not have as many robust features as some of the other HRIS out there, but they are always adding new features and making improvements, which is good to see. You may have to add some app integrations in areas like recruiting and benefits administration, if you want all the bells and whistles.

Claire
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 23/02/2022

Great HRIS for medium-size businesses, easy to implement, configure, maintain (and it's cute)

I love the look and feel, the easiness of use, the availability of the support team, the easiness to create and delete custom fields, the support documentation which is easy to navigate and includes a lot of how-to videos. They really allow their customers to become autonomous and even proficient with their tool.

Pros

Very structured and helpful implementation, and very responsive support.
Love the ability to request custom fields to be created, including calculations.
Great standard, out-of-the-box reports, like Additions & terminations over a period of time, Headcount as of a certain date, Employee Turnover (that one was a lifesaver when it was realeased, much better than what we were doing internally so far!), Change History over a period of time for job-related changes.
I also love the fact that they are intentional in their product development: even though they request and collect product feedback, they want their product to remain coherent, i.e. they know what makes sense for them to propose as features vs. not (and recommend one of their specialized integrated partners if not), so that their tool always remains simple, legible, etc.
And I like their Panda mascot and in-navigation messages, down to humanizing error messages.

Cons

It will be pretty minor details, part of which will simply have to do with their client size positioning. As we were growing, I encountered director-level newcomers in our HR department who were used to the more prominent HRIS players, and to the ability to set up more complex workflows than BambooHR allows (example: self-service on employment letters, sending change notifications to other people than change approvers, allowing back-up assignees for tasks, etc).

One feature that I feel might need adjusting (but again, that's detail) is their "Who's Out" calendar, which is synced with their time-off feature: regardless of whether the person has booked 1 hour off or the full day off, it will look like the person is away for the whole day, which looks confusing.
Then two things come to mind on the analytics side, but again, they are minor and for more advanced users: I would love the ability to report on changes for personal details (beyond the audit trail report) and on custom fields. Then, custom calculation fields (which are already a great thing to have!!) are limited to the employment profile itself, i.e. you cannot return data fields from other employees' profiles, for example, who the manager of their manager is, etc.

Lisa

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

Capterra Review of BambooHR

Bamboo has continuously communicated their software updates very effectively. I am very appreciative of this. Overall my experience has been very positive, from implementation onwards. I have been using the software for 6 years now.

I wish the company would hold another in person user conference, rather than virtual however. Of the one that I attended, there is much to be said about in person interaction. It was by far one of the best user conferences I have ever attended. It was very disappointing to go virtual ( pre pandemic.)

Pros

The product is easy to implement , out of the box. The product is best for small to mid size companies, but especially if you have minimal processes to manage. The add on features of Performance and eNPS are simple to use and very effective. You can find workarounds for unique processes.

Cons

As a company continues to scale and grow, the incremental processes added become more difficult to manage with the system. A simple example is onboarding. Onboarding is only geared to true new hires. If you have an employee who is transferred to a new division within the organization and needs to be assigned new tasks that are well documented, the software does not have the ability to manage transfers.

The ability to format a document for e-signature would be incredibly helpful.

A little more flexibility in problem solving rather than simply suggesting to put suggestions on a future product launch list.

Kylie

Reviewed on 7/12/2022

Loving BambooHR

With the use of BambooHR, we're reducing paper-based documents and uploading it only. This is good because it can be accessed at any time and it is easier to keep track of documents rather than filing them. I am also able to run reports and customize it based on the information that I am looking for.

Pros

BambooHR is very user-friendly. It has a clean layout and can be customized based on the needs of the organization. The overall site is easy to navigate and has the tabs that I need to manage employee data. I like that the HRIS acts as an internal intranet site for employees.

Cons

Training tab - employees are not able to upload their own certificates. For example, if there are 6 mandatory training modules and I have 6 new hires, I would need to upload 36 files into their training tab. It's tedious and time consuming for the admin.Templates - while this is a smart feature, I think it should be broken down into two. One is for an actual template that applies to all staff (primarily forms). For contracts that require signature, it is not necessary to upload the contract as a template (since it's only used once) and request for the signature. With this, we usually use an external party to get the signatures from both parties and upload it into documents. It would be nice if this can be integrated in BambooHR so everything is in one place. Also, if the "contract" specified to an individual becomes a template, there is a risk of uploading/ sharing it by error to another employee.Cost - I wish there was an option for non-profit to save money on the software especially we're a smaller company. The cost increased a lot from July and it is also in USD which impacts the overall fee since we're a Canadian organization.

mohamed
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 24/01/2023

BambooHR review.

I have enjoyed more than other employment programs used and makes you a human resource manager. What I mean is, create records or temporary employees

Pros

It allows employees to update their personal information, request time off, view their pay It allows companies to track job applicants, schedule interviews, and manage the hiring process. Streamlines the process of onboarding new employees with the company, including paperwork and compliance..Allows employees to log their work time, and allows managers to approve and track leave requests.Helps managers track and evaluate employee performance, set goals, and provide feedback.It allows companies to store and manage employee-related documents such as contracts, resumes, and performance appraisalsProvides access to data and insights about employee information, such as headcount, employee turnover, and demographics.

Cons

Cost: BambooHR can be relatively expensive compared to other HR software options on the market.Limited integrations: BambooHR may not integrate with all of the other tools and systems that a company is already using.User interface: Some users may find the BambooHR user interface to be less intuitive or harder to navigate than other HR software.Limited Reporting: Some users may find the reporting capabilities of BambooHR to be limited.Limited customization: BambooHR may not offer as much customization as other HR software options.Limited Self-Service: Some users may find the self-service capabilities of BambooHR to be limited.Limited Support: Some users may find the support provided by BambooHR to be limited.Human resources staff complain of the Athea Salary Management within the company Some staff have been difficult to sign part of the documents

Jeff
Jeff
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 11/05/2023

BambooHR is one of the best human resources software on the market.

We required one entrance for all representative information, with great get to level administration, this would permit us to provide supervisors more straightforwardness and responsibility. In expansion, we required a contracting and onboarding framework that would permit us to streamline our contracting handle over all of our districts. Generally, our workers and supervisors are exceptionally cheerful with BambooHR because it gives them data on time off, resources, benefits, stipend history, and execution audits (once we effectively dispatch it). At the corporate level, we have one put to induce reports and survey information almost our workforce when essential. Everything is in one put, simple to explore, all at your fingertips (either app or desktop version), corporate office can thrust bulk overhauls that you just can log in to see and check back on the off chance that ever needs. Ready to keep track of all worker data and marked archives, oversee finance with ease, and deliver representatives get to to their information as well as important company data.

Pros

It's completely utilitarian, you'll clock in and out (and it's geotagged, so no cheating), you'll be able request days off, see pay stubs, etc. BambooHR has made one of the leading HR stages on the advertise. Favorite highlights incorporate the capacity to onboard or unlink representatives utilizing numerous distinctive workflows and choices, we too cherish the capacity to keep track of representative data, counting reports that require marks. BambooHR permits you to turn any archive into a signature layout with custom areas, signature order, and other alternatives. BambooHR Finance offers a simple way to oversee finance and match up it with data put away within the entry, there are numerous more highlights we utilize counting execution administration, time following, candidate following, etc., our group adores you. adore it since they can log in and see their pay stubs and other pertinent data.

Cons

The speed of the execution caused us to miss a few points of interest that we had to burrow up afterward, but the bolster group was exceptionally supportive and a few of the extra information areas we needed were not a issue at all to execute. So distant, the as it were drawback I've seen when exchanging to BambooHR is that our pay stubs aren't accessible until payday. The execution module can be progressed by pleasing non-calendar year survey cycles, they did post advertisement hoc surveys a whereas back, but it would be accommodating to be able to set our plan based on the commemoration of the contract date.

Liana
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 14/07/2017

Easy to use system that allows central tracking and reporting of most employee information.

BambooHR has been really helpful in storing and reporting on employee information, giving employees access to view their benefit and personal information, and I can't rave enough about the Applicant Tracking feature. As a one person HR department, BambooHR has allowed me to become a strong, communicative and organized recruiter in the midst of the million other things I do. As I learn more about email alerts and forms, I'm finding more and more ways for BambooHR to support and automate processes that otherwise take up a lot of time and paper. I love that you constantly seek, and act on, customer feedback to make continuous improvements that are relevant to improving our day to day operations. I love that you are responsive to questions and patiently provide guidance and instruction on how to use features. I don't feel like I've purchased this software, and fell into a black hole. The Bamboo team is accessible and supportive, welcoming questions and feedback. I look forward to learning more about how I can use BabmooHR's current features, as well as waiting to see what new features and updates you'll roll out next. Happy Bamboo-ing indeed!

Pros

BambooHR's customer support is second to none. How they find such cheerful, helpful people, I don't know. They are happy to work with you to help you get the most out of the system. The system is user friendly and can be customized in a lot of ways. You can report on any information in the system, with easy to use standard reports, or you can create your own. They constantly add features and make improvements based on customer feedback. In some cases, they can make requested changes immediately. But they really seem to listen to what you want, and work to get there. Employees can see and request updates to their information, as well as complete & submit forms electronically. I'm able to create approval workflows to support many request processes, allowing us to become more automated and maintain files electronically, which we can then report on. I love the applicant tracking system. I think it's the strongest feature they have, allowing collaboration with hiring managers, as well as communication with candidates. It's helped me manage and improve our recruitment process with the click of a button. All candidate records are maintained in one place, and can be seamlessly on-boarded.

Cons

It is only as good as the data you enter, and does not currently integrate with the other systems we use. So, it requires constant data maintenance to keep employee information up to date, for effective reporting. There's no seamless automation for benefit enrollment. The time off system is easy to use, but does not currently show enough detail to be useful for our needs. I hope that BambooHR will focus on automating the integration of information from other systems, and provide a simpler update of benefit plan information at year end.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 1/11/2022

Bamboo HR keeps me sane and in compliance.

Pros

I am not an HR professional, I am a nonprofit executive Director and an organization that grew from one staff to 20 in about a year and a half. I don’t really know what I’m doing often. Human resources is one of those things that i could not justify hiring for. We have a board member who is an HR professional, and two lawyers on our board, so if things did get crazy, I knew I had people to keep me in compliance legally with the situation, but I needed some help with the day today. We have three physical locations and bamboo helps ensure that we don’t have important, confidential documents getting lost. Managers can update things in real time and it is amazing. We use the integrated payroll, pay traX, because honestly I’m lazy and why would I do more work when my time is valuable. I love being able to do the performance reviews and satisfaction surveys. I love the asset management feature so I can keep copies of peoples drivers licenses, even shirt sizes, and of course the training that they do.

Cons

Bamboo is a little spendy, but honestly you can’t afford not to invest in it.

Bambee

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Bambee was expensive and seemed inferior

Reviewed on 15/02/2022

They understand and support customers

Extremely receptive, understanding company, who want to support HR and provide easy-to-use, clear tools for daily HR tasks. They even educate the HR company through their annual virtual summit, which has become one of the very best as they know the most relevant topics and attract the best speakers ... and it's free to register.

Pros

I found BambooHR very easy to set up, with a very clear, clean interface, a great mobile app and very easy to use for the employees. I am very impressed with the ease with which I was able to set up time-off policies and performance management, and the applicant tracking system is simple and collaborative. A great strength of Bamboo is the customer service - everybody I have spoken to is communicative, responsive, helpful, knowledgable - they seem to genuinely want to help. Their help documentation is very good and they keep clients up to date monthly with product developments and tips via video. Setting up forms for e-signature is awesome, and the newly introduced COVID tracker and storage of information has sensibly (and for legal reasons) been separated from other HR files.

Cons

I'd like to see more flexibility in creating sub-folders for file storage, and integrations with more payroll providers and the time-tracking could use a little more development, but I do like that Bamboo continues to improve in all these aspects and that stops me jumping ship even when there are limitations.