About Insightly

Insightly is a SaaS-based CRM solution targeted at growing mid-sized businesses. More than 1.5 million users worldwide use Insightly to securely manage all their customer data in one place, build customer relationships, accelerate...

Browse Insightly Reviews

Tarek B. Tarek B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 10/10/2021

Insightly : a good option to start with cloud based CRMs for Small businesses

Insightly helps entrepreneurs and small businesses like most of our clients to get to the digital space and excel in no time. As a Technology expert, I highly recommend it to entrepreneurs beginning with tech and online platforms for their business.

Pros

Insightly Helps small and mid business manage their leads and projects online, through a fully fledged cloud based tool that provides an abundance of smart features, including customer insights from internet sources, and structured project/opportunity management platform.

Cons

It is probably requiring some advanced knowledge from our end, but integrating Insightly with e-mail services, social media and other 3rd parties seemed to be complex. We've been using Insightly in its early times, and I'm sure that things went better afterwards with the continuous improvements by Insightly amazing teams.

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

In its first launch, Insightly shown more functions for small businesses that attracted me, especially for individuals with no previous experience of online software CRMs. Nevertheless, each of the other competitors on the market has its competitive advantage, and addresses the needs of a particular niche. Each consumer needs to know first what features make sense to their business before choosing a CRM.
Iain M. Iain M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 5/10/2016

Long time user verging toward long-suffering user

This is a product I wanted to like so much. We have been using Insightly for many years. We were attracted to it because it combined CRM and Project Management. Over the years they have improved the CRM aspect, but have left PM virtually untouched. Their support is haphazard and they often introduce new *features* which cause problems - like the day Google Contact Sync stopped working, or the day Google Contact Sync started duplicating contacts in Google etc. Because we signed up so long ago, we have an excellent pricing model. If we were paying more I would be really dissatisfied.

Oh and they are just appalling at sharing their product roadmap. It's like driving a manual shift car as the mechanic is fitting new gears as you speed up.

Pros

Great CRM and Pipeline Management out the box!
Contact Syncing for Google is great - despite minor issues.
Good simple project lists.
Links nicely to Mailchimp and Xero.

Cons

Very very poor project management. You will need to use other packages for almost anything. No resource management. No Gantt charts. No visibility.

Email integration is rudimentary. Task integration is non-existent.

No Office 365 contact synchronisation.

Response from Insightly

Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass this on to our product team because all feedback helps us improve. With regards to exposing our product road map -- it's common that privately held companies do not make their product road map public. If you have specific questions on features please send an email to [email protected] and we can let you know if they are on the roadmap. Thanks.

Replied 9/10/2016
Nezar K. Nezar K.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Effective and Affordable

Overall for small or medium size sales organizations, this is a great vehicle to ensure all opportunities are documented and tracked. Scheduling follow up ensures that communication errors are mitigated and the email templates support marketing initiatives.

Pros

The software offers many free features that others charge. It is excellent for a small business on an operational budget but can easily enhance when necessary. Automated marketing email templates are effective and easy to use. The system also integrates well with other marketing products. The dashboard gives a snapshot of your sales opportunities and the user can customize.

Cons

Documenting phone call attempts and connects take too many steps. The Task portion is a bit complicated and again requires too many steps.

Pipedrive, Bitrix24 and Nimble

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

More enhanced features are included without additional costs.

Response from Insightly

Hi Nezar,
Thank you for the feedback!!!

Replied 16/08/2019

Top Insightly Alternatives

Clayton J. Clayton J.

Reviewed on 20/08/2016

Google Sync Does Not Work

Google Sync does not work for events. If you enable it historic events disappear from insightly. If you need to know who attended events (meetings, seminars, courses, etc) in the past then this is pretty serious. We've reported it to support and they've told us it has been fixed twice. It has not.

You can also not export / import events records.

We also find insightly slow to load. This is presumably because we are based in the UK.

Pros

It's relatively easy to use and good if you are a startup / small uncomplicated business. The google mail integration and auto contact creation is a real time saver.

Cons

Google Sync does not work as advertised. You cannot export / import event data.
Insightly feels slow. Expensive for what you get.

Response from Insightly

Sorry that Google contact sync is not meeting your expectations. We offer Google contact sync and Google calendar sync:

Typically with sync functionality you can't import data into the process. Feel free to send your support ticket number to [email protected] and we can look into your ticket/request with our support team.

If you feel that our pricing is too expensive, feel free to use our free account - there's never a better price than free!

Replied 22/08/2016

Reviewed on 4/11/2021

A good value CRM

It was a good starter CRM for the company but we outgrew the offerings in about 2 years.

Pros

The most attractive thing about Insightly when I was using it was the price. The 1st level paid service was worth the money.

Cons

Insighlty was awkward to manage and did not offer the automation of pushing tasks along.

• Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 16/11/2014

Great program that can sometimes be "An un-tappable resourse!

We are a small start-up company and have been using Insightly for about 5 months. I have used several more complex CRM's in the past. While I "Get" CRM and I like the program, there are enough questions to drive a user crazy! To wit:
When entering a phone number you have to insert the dashes. A minor point that gets frustrating very quickly!
One should be able to set a "Default Country." Entering United States every time gets tedious!
On other CRM programs, I can enter a contact once and, if there is another person from that same company, I can choose to retain the information and simply change the name and e-mail address. Not so with Insightly! You have to re-enter ALL of the info for each contact!
Upon entering the program, Insightly proudly announces that they have teamed-up with "Microsoft One drive" and Google "Whatever." I'm older but not that far gone, yet I haven't a CLUE as to what these programs are and how to use them!
Finally, the big frustration:
How does a task differ from an event differ from a meeting differ from notes?
Now, don't get me wrong, the Insightly team always returns my e-mail questions promptly but, how many times can I do that in one day? There really needs to be a manual (not videos!) for this stuff!
I looked for an "Insightly For Dummies" book on Amazon but there isn't one.

This CRM is obviously geared towards twenty-something's and not us older folks.. And yet, we outnumber them and in many cases make more $$$ than them!

Are you listening Insightly?

Pros

Inexpensive with basic functions that are easy to use

Cons

No easy way to get answers to questions

Response from Insightly

We'll pass the feedback on entering data on to our product group. With regards to tutorial information to help you get started we have a number of resources for first time Insightly users -- many of them are on our resources page on our website (www.insightly.com/resources). Our Getting Started Guide is a ebook on the resources page. Our our online knowledgebase has great FAQs (i.e. what are tasks and how do I use them?) and short 3-4 min tutorial videos (Insightly University). You can access our online knowledgebase at help.insightly.com (and there is also a link to our knowledgebase from our resources page). Also if you are a paid customer we offer phone based '1 on 1 Help to Get You Started' (www.insightly.com/pricing).

On a positive note, I'm glad that you are pleased with the response from our support team.

With regards to age, the bulk of our users are in the 35-50 range so we welcome users of all ages :>)

Hope this helps.

Replied 19/11/2014
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

Exactly what we needed

After using for three years, I'd go back and do it all over again without hesitation.

Pros

Ease of use combined with affordability - a winning combination. The tiered pricing levels allow your investment to grow with your business. The pipeline features where tasks can be assigned to certain project types is a phenomenal timesaver as is the ability to associate emails with records of organizations or individuals while still using your email client.

Cons

A small learning curve, but a minimal inconvenience for the power Insightly delivers. And the help menus are incredibly easy to locate and helpful to implement.

Rachelle S. Rachelle S.

Reviewed on 26/01/2017

Nice product - especially if it is a first CRM for you!

I highly recommend Insightly for small to medium sized businesses. I first got to know Insightly several years ago. Our company was established but was doing business all around the country off of spreadsheets! We needed a CRM. We looked at several other options (including SalesForce), but Insightly was right for us. I'm with a new company now and within two months of my hire we ditched Infusionsoft and went with Insightly. Transferring the data from one database to this new one was easy for a non-tech person to do. A good mobile app that goes anywhere with you. Good report generating functions. Great tutorials and videos. It doesn't have all the advanced bells and whistles that some of the big programs have, that's not what these businesses needed.

Pros

Easy to learn and use. Has plug ins that are very helpful, we use it with MailChimp and QuickBooks Online. Very affordable and has lots of functionality. It helps us keep track of all we need to get done.

Cons

It takes a while to learn some of the more advanced features. Plug ins could be more seamless, but that will come in time, I'm sure!

Tobias D. Tobias D.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 9/09/2019

Price is great, UX/UI not so much.

The CRM tool does what's required, but the UX/UI isn't intuitive to me. It happens too often that I need to click too many buttons to get done what I wanted.

Pros

Compared to other tools out there it's priced very reasonably. The graphical design (colours etc). are nice.

Cons

The User Experience/User Interface. It doesn't work as intuitive as other CRM systems I've experienced so far.

Teamleader and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Response from Insightly

Hi Tobias. Thanks so much for your feedback. We'll use it to further improve our products and services. We hope you're also using our Resource Center to get answers to your questions/concerns and pick up tips on how to make the most out of our products and services. As always, thank you for being our customer.

Replied 10/09/2019
Dana R. Dana R.

Reviewed on 14/03/2018

Overall OK but needs some improvement

As a Sales Manager, I am able to keep track of our sales by customer, add notes regarding customer contact and upload important customer documents.

Pros

I like that I can keep separate lists of customers and leads. It's great to be able to add "tags" for reporting purposes. Since our customers are distributors, it great to be able to add our "end users" and link them to our customers.

Cons

It should be easier to add contacts directly to companies instead of having to add them separately and then link them together. That has been very cumbersome and time consuming for me. Also, you have to pay extra for the good reporting features which is also a bummer.

Reviewed on 11/04/2018

Great app to pipeline and project status stages

Pros

Insightly is very efficient when it comes to tracking activity status within a huge organization. For each project, you can set and customize a pipeline based on who's responsible for the next step of the process -- therefore, it eliminates any missed tasks within the organization, helping everyone deliver their tasks and projects on time.

Cons

While the desktop app is excellent, the mobile app is quite cluttered and confusing. Hope the Insightly team can make a more robust and mobile-friendly interface so that users can log in to the app while on the go.

Rob J. Rob J.
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 8/04/2016

Great CRM system for the small business

Pros

I have already recommended this product to several people who are just getting started into the CRM world. Many small businesses need a CRM system that helps them organize and track leads, referrals, and potential clients through the sales pipeline. This system is the answer.

Cons

The free version doesn't offer some reporting mechanisms that seem obvious...but then again, I'm using the free version, so I really can't complain!
The other issue I have is that it functions a bit slowly sometimes. Other websites work very smoothly and behave like they're running on my desktop, but the Insightly website can be a bit chunky.
Also, the web app is weak. It doesn't have near the functionality of the website. Not sure if that is because I'm using the free version or not.

Tory N. Tory N.

Reviewed on 7/07/2015

Powerful entry-level CRM option for small businesses

Pros

I love their free starter plan. It gives entrepreneurs a chance to jump in and learn what a CRM is and how to use one to grow their business. A CRM is a long-term investment and it takes time to see the monetary results of its use. Having a starter account allows businesses to make the time investment without it being overly expensive.

Cons

I started using it as my first attempt at CRMs and, having never used a CRM before, the workflows were not always clear and it was easy for me to get confused about what the different types of objects were and how they all interconnect. I felt that other CRMs live Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics CRM do a better job demonstrating recommended flows from the menus.

Reviewed on 7/02/2018

Good tool, but there may be better options out there

Pros

Integrates with Office 365, Gmail, Slack, Mailchimp, and QuickBooks fairly seamlessly, and has many more integrations as well depending on which programs you're already using. The mobile app has a great UI and pulls data from a variety of sources (your contacts, emails, and so many more) so you really have one true source of data and aren't duplicating anything, especially if you're always on the go.

Cons

Sometimes the mobile app has issues with crashing. The desktop version can be a bit buggy at times too, not saving what you tried saving, logging you out, or random `tutorial popups when you've declined the initial offer. Insightly's customer support also leaves something left to be desired. I feel like the pricing was a bit high for the overall quality we received. I know a few people who have moved onto Hubspot instead and have had a better customer experience.

Wesley J. Wesley J.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 11/03/2018

By far my favorite tool in my set of digital tools

Easy way to capture customer info on the move with the app.

Pros

The base function of a CRM is crucial to a modern digital business and this is the easiest to use and most cost effective CRM on the market. The design is easy to understand but it doesn't limit the functions available to users.

Cons

No real cons that I can think of. The complexity of a CRM requires quite a few features and this make confuse some users but I don't think their design can be improved upon to address the confusion of this complexity.

Brittney M. Brittney M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 28/03/2018

A great tool for task management and storing client information.

Pros

It's easy to create and manage tasks for each client and you can assign them to different team members. Being able to add tags for the category of the task (marketing, sales, content, etc) make it to sort through tasks and prioritize.

Cons

Since this software can also be used to track progress in the sales funnel there are multiple places to store company information. This can get confusing when incomplete information is saved in different areas.

Luke F. Luke F.

Reviewed on 10/04/2015

Great alternative to Salesforce

Pros

Email transparency, Google Mail/Apps integration, easy project management, great data structure (people, accounts, opportunities, etc), and a very non-invasive interface have had an incredible impact on our business. The constant updates and new features have further improved our capabilities over time. Also, the pricing is amazing.

Cons

Reporting is currently focused primarily on the sales/opportunity side of the product, with the project management functionality having minimal reporting capabilities (for now).

Alexander N. Alexander N.

Reviewed on 22/04/2018

Simple CRM software with a lot of features!

It is help me to organize my work flow.

Pros

Free version and reasonable price for other plans. A lot of free integration, include for free version.

Cons

No two way G Suite (Gmail) integration - only throw PieSync, but PieSync is very expensive for me. And limited records for each plan too.

Jaime V. Jaime V.

Reviewed on 8/10/2018

Simplicity and Power in one CRM Solution

Pros

Super intuitive to navigate, operate, and optimize. Everything just makes sense. I have worked with other more expensive systems before but none of them can beat the simplicity and functionality that Insightly offers.

Cons

The product continues to improve over time. Most of the things that I didn't like about the system are no longer an issue. For example, Insightly now offers great customizable dashboards.

Sarah F. Sarah F.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

Great Basic CRM!

I really quite enjoyed it. This was definitely better than my Rolodex.

Pros

This product was definitely easy to use. All of the documents are saved online, so it was helpful for both of our offices to access all the documents and client information.

Cons

It was definitely basic CRM. I did not like that in order to edit a document, we would download the document, save it, and re-upload it.

Adarsh R. Adarsh R.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 13/02/2018

Solid entry-level CRM

It's a specialized tool, so I wouldn't recommend it unless I have the time to sit down and show someone how to set it up. But overall, the platform is robust and scales well as your needs evolve.

Pros

Setting up the product is straightforward
Logging sales activities, leads, etc. is easy
Collaborating with a team is easy, and the internal task management flow is solid
Email logging is very nice and effective

Cons

The UI is very dated, and feels like a step up from Microsoft Access
The visuals in general are lacking -- I'd like to see better reporting
No email tracking (i.e. tracking opens), so we have to use hubspot sales for that

Jesse R. Jesse R.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 8/06/2017

Strong features for managing history, but lacking in email integration

I would recommend it for people who are not concerned about gmail integration.

Pros

Full featured CRM with a great custom visual pipeline creator.
Support team is responsive.

Cons

Linking emails to customer/event records is time consuming.
When I used this software there was gmail plugin, so every time I got an email from a customer/prospect I would have to manually link it in order for it to be part of the records.

Daniel V. Daniel V.
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

Great CRM, Lots of automations and flexibility.

The price point and ability in this software is increadible. This is a very complete CRM

Pros

I like how robust this software is, its very complete woth pipelines lead managment. Round robin lead distribution is nice. Automation tools give you anlot of flexibility without having to rely on outside integrations like zapier. Zapier integration works nicely though it can do a lot.

Cons

the lead distribution is awesome, but only allows for round robin distribution of leads, it would be nice to see that change to some sort of ratio like 1:2, that sort of thing.

Shannon S. Shannon S.
  • Industry: Farming
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

A lot of options with Insightly

It helped us break our systems down into more manageable processes and stay on track.

Pros

I love the ability to be able to sort large amounts of data into more manageable groups through tag words. I like that you can search through all your data by word and often get great results for things that aren't tagged!

Cons

While my data is organized as I want it, searching within that data has not been as effective as one might think. When I try to search and use some of my tag words, the results aren't always consistent. Searching without tag words sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

Response from Insightly

Thanks so much for your kind note, Shannon. At Insightly we work hard to make sure our customers have a great experience with our platform and are able to build lasting relationships with their own customers. Your feedback means a world to us and inspires us to keep up the good work. Cheers, the Insightly team

Replied 16/08/2019
Sergey P. Sergey P.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 5/05/2018

Started to use free version, switched to paid one.

Helps to have client information organized

Pros

It has a free version, it works well with gmail and has a similar interface. It also pulls profiles of your contacts from social networks (if they have any).

Cons

It has basic project management features which we don't like and don;t use, so it seems that we need to overpay. They also have increased the price for minimum paid plan.