talech Reviews

About talech

Talech POS is a cloud-based retail, restaurant & bar and professional services solution that offers point-of-sale (POS), inventory and customer management, appointment scheduling and deep, real-time analytics. The solution stores...

3.7
3.6

Browse talech Reviews

Lulie

Reviewed on 26/09/2022

Quality Software for Small-Scale Inventory Mgmt./POS

Our Fishing Tackle/Outdoor storefront started small (less than 1,500 different product SKU's).
When we first launched, Talech served our needs well, and would have continued to serve our needs. However, our business grew and we now maintain 8,000+ product SKU's. Unfortunatly for our situation, Talech's inventory management systems didn't grow with our company's growth. Large reports are difficult to obtain, and when we require special reports, it can be challenging to acquire them.
This software is great to use if you do not plan to continually carry large quantities of inventory (Under 2,000 SKU's).
This is not a hard rule of course, just our experience with this software product.

Pros

Talech can easily tackle small-scale inventory management and POS needs. User-friendly, and is easy to train new staff members to operate proficiently in.
Software interface is minimal and easy to navigate.

Cons

Inventory reports are difficult to customize, but can be done by calling/emailing Talech directly. Would like to see Talech improve in their report system with more features and user-customizable reports.

Brian
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 7/09/2019

Normal POS system.

Pros

Has lots of options. I can manage employess with this.

Cons

It is not stable. Especially if I use this with 3~4stations , it is not working properly.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to talech

Because of reasonable rate and benefit for Costco members.
Mai

Reviewed on 24/04/2024

Slow service, didn’t take care and helped out customer very well!

We don’t normally write a bad review but we got really bad experience with Elavon as well as Talech!
We took over the restaurant for 3 months and started to use Elavon service, everything went well at the beginning. Till last 3 weeks, I have received a call from Elavon and said there was two accounts opened under my name and they offered to close one of the account for me to avoid additional charge. Few days after that, without any care from their employees, all of the accounts under my name were locked while the business is still operating and caused us into troubles.
I have reached out to Customer Care and requested to get our accounts re-opened, then we got the issues with the gift cards payment. I ended up to contact customer service again and received a case number. In order to get the issues resolved faster, I even have reached out to Manager and asked for help, he did help by sending us over a new terminal just for the gift card purposes. After a few days, the new terminal was sent over, it still didn’t work. I reached out to Manager and customer service again. Elavon & Talech kept blaming each other and the gift card issues still here.
It’s been almost 3 weeks waiting in hopeless, we got lots of customers upset and this also hurts our business a lot. I couldn’t believe a big company like Elavon will handle customers issues without care & without professionalism like this.
Still believe there are many other organizations out there will offer better service than Elavon & Talech!

Pros

Reasonable pricing, customer service is okay

Cons

Slow service and taking too much time to handle customers issues

Top talech Alternatives

Gina
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 24/08/2019

Software user since 2016

I have used many different accounting systems with inventory. Overall this software shows real potential as an easy to setup and easy to use system.

Pros

This software is easy to setup and use.

Customer support is great. I’ve only had to contact them a couple of times and the problems were fixed very quickly.

The description field is large enough to allow a proper description of my products.

The tags and categories give me breakdowns on the reports so I can determine what is selling and what not to purchase again.

The markup field makes it easy for me to determine sale prices of my products.

The inventory log helps me find a customer sale so I can do proper return prices for my customers.

Cons

I wish the tags were listed in alphabetical order.

I wish the sales tickets were available for more than 2 months so I could do returns to credit cards instead of having to give my customers cash.

When I have trouble with my internet connection and it get dropped after it hits the gateway, there is no way for me to determine that the charge went through. I’ve had at least a dozen instances of this happening. It then shows only 1 sale on my system and my customer has 2 charges on their credit card.
I then have to credit the sale so it credits my customers card, and then I have to renter the sale as cash so I can balance inventory and sales amounts.

I wish the sales tax list would indicate which tax code I have currently marked.

I have never been able to get the jewelry labels to print.

Spenser

Reviewed on 4/11/2016

Video Game Store Owner Review

We have loved Talech since we got it. It's got a lot of great features that other POS's don't have or utilize as well as Talech. Keeping with cash or orders is made simple, though my only real complaint is that as a video game store, we take in a lot of used items purchased from customers. When we pay out in cash, it's fine. Talech keeps up with that, but there isn't a really great way of doing it other than doing a transaction as "store credit", hitting the payment as other, and then refunding it to that customers account. Other than that major complaint, everything else has been pretty smooth other than the actual card swiper. I wouldn't recommend that to anyone. It frequently has problems, and can never really be relied on. It will only update during a transaction and I have had several occasions where that lasts up to 15 minutes with a then irate customer afterwards.

Pros

I love the ease of use, and how within minutes of using it, I already had the hang of it. There weren't any features that I wasn't made aware of by the software immediately, because it's all out in plain view rather than some backdoor menu. It's responsive and I love the fact I can keep up with my customers, and their data with it including sending out emails to them periodically.

Cons

I really hate during a transaction that if you accidentally add an item or have a customer remove one from their cart that you have to trash the entire order. That slows the process, and keeps the customer from having a smooth checkout process. Honestly, it feels like sometimes due to the credit card machine that we are known as those guys who might be having problems today. That sucks lol. That's almost been enough where I have wanted to switch because its not our POS software but just one we use.

Response from talech

Thank you for your review and feedback, Spenser. I've shared your product feedback with the product team. Please continue to share your thoughts with us - we love to hear from you. Thanks for being a talech customer.

Replied 11/11/2016
Kari

Talech Pros and Cons

Talech has been a good transformation from old style cash registers for our business. I think it would do Talech good to look into what reastaurants actually need for the system to really be an asset to us. While I like Talech its ease of set up for my business was very complicated and Talech support nor boomtown could really help with what I needed. I was able to figure it out but it was a long process. I have been able to help another pizzeria more streamline there system do it works better for their needs. Both Talech support and boomtown are great, they are always trying to help and most times they can this was just a new area for them. I have never had anything but an exceptional experience from either customer support. I do love the fact that Talech does listen to customer feedback and is continually improving their product.

Pros

It's easy to see my monthly/weekly/daily sales
The ability to print which catafories you want in the kitchen
It's ease of use and ability to train new employees on

Cons

it doesn't have the functionality for a pizza reststaurant.
No delivery option
Don't have the ability to add store credit without doing a refund.

Response from talech

Kari - thank you so much for being a customer and writing a review with such detailed feedback. We love hearing from customers like you! I have shared your feedback with the team so we can continue to make improvements to help you and your business. Please keep it coming!

Reviewed on 15/03/2024

Complete Junk

Absolutely no support. We have never had not one of the issues we have called about resolved. And they never call back even though every person says they will.

Pros

It used to run on an iPad I could take anywhere in the shop

Cons

The hours and hours trying to get issues resolved with customer support that knowledge of the product.

Marco

Reviewed on 2/11/2016

El Gordo Mexican Restaurant

After searching for weeks for a pos system for our restaurant, we came across a new app and system, Talech. We were getting quotes from 15k-20k for traditional pos system. When a US Bank representative told us it would cost less than 5k, we were intrigued. We sat down, she gave us an overview of the app and its components. Right away we were hooked. With the ease of us, easy installation, and price, we would be foolish to go with any other pos company. We got bluetooth printers, wiring and set up was a breeze. And this is coming from a person who in not good with technology and i was able to install it all. If you can read you can set up the whole system. Weve been working with talech for 3 years now and it continues to make changes to the app that makes it more efficient to provide a good customer experience. We are glad to continue working with Talech.

Pros

Cost

Cons

2 outages, one from the app and one from evalon credit card processor.

Response from talech

Marco, thank you so much for being a talech customer and writing such a lovely review! We are so glad to hear that you are happy about choosing talech even after 3+ years. If there is anything we can do for you, let us know. We're here to help!

Replied 11/11/2016
Eric

Better than the Big Boys

I own a coffee shop / cafe in New Mexico. Before this I have worked in all positions imaginable in many different types of restaurants. I have used most of the Big Name POS systems out there. As a manager I had to program them, change prices, add buttons and all that. Usually you have to do these things in the middle of a big rush on top of ten other things. I'll tell you what, Talech is by far the easiest I have ever encountered. I can add a button, scratch that, I can have an employee add a button with a few instructions over the phone! Also, by using ipads as terminals, my costs stay way low. a refurbished ipad is like $200. Compared to the other guys' pricey terminals, they are practically disposable. I bought a backup just in case! I love Talech and will tell it to anyone willing to listen. In this business, it is nice to find something that works!

Pros

Low initial cost. Intuitive setup. Rapid adjustability

Cons

Not compatible with Android OS

Response from talech

We're so happy to hear that you are happy customer after 2+ years, Eric! Thank you for being a loyal talech customer and for writing a review. If there is anything you need, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here for you!

Kerri

Reviewed on 25/08/2018

Great system, horrendous customer service!

Rest assure, no business referrals will ever come from us!

Pros

We purchased a complete Talech POS system for one of our 2 locations, so that we could get set up before launching the 2nd store.
I did a lot of research and we ultimately settled on Talech because we wanted to keep our credit card processor, and the rep recommended Talech.
Service before the sale was stellar.
The system arrived and we couldn’t set up, the printer didn’t ship. A half dozen people were pointing fingers at one another via email and copying me “the customer” in on it, highly unprofessional and unproductive. At one point in time they demanded that I got the printer but must have thrown it away with the packaging. It wasn’t even on the packing list!
Long story short, the printer was on backorder. Wow.
However, that didn’t stop Talech from charging us for our 1st month even though we couldn’t set up.
We were very reluctant to get the 2nd system but we already had time and training invested in our employees. Otherwise, a big fat juicy “NAY NAY STAY AWAY.”
Also, the only weekend support available is for tech support. No customer service or sales support on the weekends.
Uhmmmm.... the users of your equipment are restaurants and retailers. Kind of absurd. Especially since they boast about 24/7 support. Well, sorta....

Cons

Love the software. Perfect for our business. Easy to set up and use.

Jason

Reviewed on 1/02/2020

Very stressful.

The register fails regularly and randomly will not print receipts or open the cash drawer.

Pros

I chose this software as it integrates sales and inventory tracking. When it works it is brilliant unfortunately it fails regularly.

Cons

I have had this system operational for approximately one year, at this point we’ve got about 16 to 18 hours troubleshooting on the phone. Plus countless more hours of trying to figure out how to make it work on our own when it fails. It will suddenly not take a credit card payment, it has never done a return for us even while on the phone with support trying to make it happen, suddenly the cash drawer won’t open, or it won’t print receipts. We end up trying to reboot the machine turning things off turning things back on disconnecting reconnecting sometimes after two or three tries it works also there’s a couple of different methods that we have made notes on, we spend far too much time trying to keep this thing going.They have totally dropped the ball on me as a client. Their support technicians are excellent and are doing their very best but they don’t know have much to work with. I’ve had to send countless clients to the bank machine, or send them away with a promise to come back and pay another time, we are a small business and can’t afford to do this, some people just don’t get around to coming back. I’ve been trying for a full week to talk to an actual upper level representative of the company to try to figure out if we can solve this or I need to toss the whole system out and go with another company. They just can’t be bothered to make a real effort to get in touch with me. I provided them my direct phone number & have not received a call back.
Be wary!!

Amy

Not happy with update

The 4.0 update is horrible!! Not user friendly at all. Settings that were avalible are now not. Staff can not find orders as easy as they could. To many screens for staff to choose from. Program used to be very very easy. New staff and non technology efficient staff could use older versions with ease. The new update is hard to follow and staff keeps losing place and orders. Looking at other pos system. To many issue lately with software and other things with TALECH. Ive told many people to go with this product before this later update. I wish I would not have. Im losing my trustabilty with colleagues.

Pros

Older versions were wonderful. Easy to use, easy for people who didnt know much about technology to use. Easy to find what the staff needed or orders

Cons

New version is aweful. To many screens, to many buttons, buttons and options that were there are now not, easy to change orders you dont need to be in.

Response from talech

Amy, thank you for sharing your feedback about the recent update. We're so sorry to hear that you've been having issues with the updated app. We'd love to connect to hear more about what's not working and how we can help. Our Head of Product has reached out and would love to chat with you personally. And as always our support team is here to help. Either way, we'd love to hear from you and help make things work the way you want.

judy
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

Not fully baked for a full service restaurant

Can order from the table.

Pros

I like that the software utilizes iPads at table side, enabling orders to get entered and executed more rapidly than with a stationary POS.

Cons

I don't like that it is not ready for use in restaurants, and that our training session was with someone who barely knew the basics of the software. There are so many features that are missing that are basic to restaurant utility. It is not solid like 2touch, the software we were using previously. We have had to struggle through problems, some of which have been addressed and fixed by the developers and some of which have not.
Training was poor, and there's no manual, just isolated pages. After months we JUST learned that we can void a payment by swiping left on the payment. Perhaps there should be some visual clue to show this possibility.
We are using EMV, and there's no way to swipe to start a tab for a customer. Even if it doesn't use the credit card for charging, being able to swipe to start a tab with the customer's information would be helpful in our busy bar.
The chip readers and the iPads are daily becoming unsync'd (bluetooth) for no good reason and have to be re-sync'd.
There is no way to schedule or send a daily emailed report at closing time, and there's no way to customize a report for our team.
Comps have not been thought through. We were told to use house accounts, which did not work correctly for tax reasons, then told to use discounts, which we are now using. Party deposits have not been thought through. We were told to create a product and a discount for deposits, but will be using house accounts.
There's more but I'm at limit.

Barney
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Love talech as a possible option.

The only issue I have is this.
This passed sat night was our Halloween bash at my bar. At 215 am. Our pos system wouldn't allow us to run credit cards. I called talech customer support and got absolutely no answer. I actually was on hold twice for 20 min.
Finally I had to ask our customers to pull money from the atm.....reimburse them the fee from the atm, and let them pay in cash.

Also, if our Internet goes down we have no way to pull up tabs. It would be nice if there was some feature that holds the tabs in the pos system for that nights business just in case something happens.
I don't want to spend money on anether source of Internet because there was a hicup in the Internet providers service.
If it would store tabs for a couple days until they are settled and submitted it would be awesome.
I will say that normally the support is on point and fast. But when we needed it the most it wasn't there at all. A message on the support line saying you guys were having issues and would be repaired soon would have been nice.

Pros

Relatively easy to use.

Cons

Could be more flexible and customer support status messages would be nice when something goes wrong on your end.

Response from talech

Barney, thank you for being a customer and for the review. We apologize about the recent outage on the processor side and the inconvenience it caused you, your employees, and your customers. I've shared your feedback with the product team and we will continue to work on offline mode improvements. Please keep the feedback coming - we really appreciate it!

Christina

Talech User

We have been a Talech user for nearly two years. Talech support is very efficient and helpful and always gets our problems fixed quickly. We have to "pair" our card reader to the POS terminal every morning and sometimes during our business hours, and that is a bit frustrating. Overall, the system works well. I would like to see more detailed statistics, but there is helpful information that is easily accessed. Our local Talech representative is extremely helpful and always--without exception--is there for us seven days a week. That is one of the biggest benefits. The system is not cheap, but we always get help when we need it.

Pros

It is pretty much user friendly

Cons

More details in the statistics would be extremely helpful--such as receipts by the minute when the sales actually happen instead of lumped together in an hour time slot

Response from talech

Thank you for being a loyal customer and your review, Christina! We're glad that you have been pleased with the customer support and product. I've passed your feedback about the card reader and more detailed reporting to our product team. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can continue to improve. We love hearing from you!

Replied 10/11/2016
Gary
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

It works well for us

We are, overall, very pleased with the Talech system. That's why we continue to use it.

Pros

We replaced our old, out-dated cash registers with the Talech system and are now able to accept credit cards at every location without the need for seperate credit card machines. We like to ability to show or hide icons based on user need.

Cons

Updates are sometimes required for the software to work, of which, we receive no notice. We also use the ELO stations and the I-pad loses connection with the blue tooth printer more frequently than should happen. It is usually an easy reset, but frustrating when you are busy and customers have to wait.

Bernie

Reviewed on 21/12/2022

Talech, simply HORRIBLE software if you have a lot of products!

Works well for a front end register, but getting issues resolved with tech support just NEVER happens. The people that answer the phone are clueless. This is coming from someone that works in IT for 20+ years and have dealt with and worked in call centers/tech support.

Pros

Its has a nice register app and is pretty easy to use and learn the register

Cons

The instability of Talech.com (where I as the owner do 98% of my work). Time outs and logs you out about every 15 minutes. Stock take dont save after timeout loosing everything. Have you ever tried to count thousands of products to have them all deleted over and over......

Chrsitopher

New Interface is Awesome

THee introduction of the new interface on the tablet has been fantastic. Talech's support has listened to the customer base and made remarkable changes to enhance the user experience.

the most notable change is the feature that allows you to type without having to idsable the scanner.

Keep up the good work.

Pros

Ease of use even for the non computer or tablet savvy.

Cons

The card reader has bugs and load times can be long. The fact the register screen defaults back to the log in screen can be unproductive in peak times.

Response from talech

Thank you for your feedback and for writing a review, Christopher. I have shared your comments about challenges with the card reader and needing additional inventory stock take functionality with the product team. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can work on making improvements. We love hearing from you. Thanks for being a customer.

Replied 10/11/2016
Josh

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Great cloud based POS at a great price

For most small businesses that can't afford an expensive POS, Talech is a great option. Easy to use and easy to set up. Great tech support that is included in the price. The product team is always producing great updates with the feedback of their customers. If you are searching through the multitude of options for POS nowadays, give Talech a serious look, you will not be disappointed.

Pros

Ease of use, consistent updates and improvements, great tech support

Cons

Compatibility with hardware is limited. You only have a couple options for printers and card readers. However, the hardware you can use is high quality.

Response from talech

Thanks for your review and feedback, Josh. I have let the product and operations team about your thoughts on hardware. Please continue to share your thoughts with us. Thanks for being a talech customer!

Jerry

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

As a first-time business owner, I wouldn't have been able to do it without Talech.

A little over 2 years ago I decided to open a business, but decided to give myself a little extra challenge to accompany the decision- I wanted to open and be operational in 3 months, made more challenging since I was still employed full time.

I found Talech after some research, and it was truly great to have such a professional product and company from the get-go. Since I was learning as I went, it needed to be simple enough for me to use, give me the information I needed to understand, and be able to adapt as I grew as well.

Talech has been all those things, and I highly recommend their services.

Pros

Very easy to learn and to use.

Response from talech

Jerry, we're so glad to hear that you are still happy about your choice after 2 years. If there is anything we can help you with, please let us know. Thanks for being a talech customer!

Lorna
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 3/12/2016

Technical support team are awesome

I have been with talech for almost 3 yrs and customer service is there to help you especially when you're not a technology updated and they are there to help you step by step to make sure that we as the customer are satisfied with the service and it never changed a bit since I've been with them. Thank you, Talech continue to work with passion and you will be blessed each day with good clients.

Pros

The client's record for bookkeeping and the part that you can make a note in each client's file.

Cons

To much extra stuff, we don't need
Simplicity is better for older people

Response from talech

Lorna, thank you for writing a review. We're so glad to hear that talech is working for you. And our support team has been so helpful. Please reach out any time! We appreciate having you as a customer.

Replied 3/12/2016
Bassel

Crash bang boom

I've been running this system since January 2015. It is not a good fit for my kind of business. I have a small carry out food shop, and when it gets busy this system crashes. It's not just one thing either, sometimes it's the printer disconnecting, othertimes it's the credit swiper disconnecting, or its inability to connect to the server to process credit transactions. I think if you have a smaller shop, maybe even a boutique this system will work for you, but as soon as you start doing some volume expect it to malfunction. The customer service team are nice and helpful however. I know because I contact them regularly.

Pros

When it works it's a good system.

Cons

It's always having issues.

Response from talech

Hi Bassel, we're so sorry to hear that talech isn't working for you in the way you need. A member of our team has reached out via phone and email to learn more and help. Please respond or reach out to our support team at your convenience. We're here to help! Thank you for being a customer.

Brenda

American Pie Pizzeria

Overall the software is good. I wish you could get same info online as you get from actual IPads. My experience with customer service has not been stellar.

Pros

Fairly easy to use. Information given on website is good but does not include everything.

Cons

Cannot get same info at website as you can get from actual terminal.

Response from talech

Thanks for the review and feedback, Brenda. I have passed along your feedback to the product team regarding information being available both on iPad and the web. Could you share more about what data or reporting you'd like to see on both? It would be great to know more.

Please continue to share what you love and what you'd like to see more of. We appreciate feedback! Thanks for being a talech customer!

Jose
  • Industry: Food Production

Pizzeria with talech

Customer support is fast and friendly. It is not 100% a pizzeria pos but it gets the job done. I have had it for over 2years and its one of the easiest pos systems i have ever worked with. Thank talech

Pros

Easy to use and very easy to learn. Its a monthly thing so no contracts! I had it for over 2 years now and im happy!

Cons

I wish it had a feature for pizza delivery. So far just dine in and to-go

Response from talech

Jose, thanks for being a customer and writing a review. We thank you for being a long-time customer of talech. I have shared your feedback with the product team. We'd love if you could provide additional details about what you'd like to see for your pizzeria. We love hearing from you and are here to help!

Archibald

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

pretty good but needs improvement

the inventory system needs to be able to add recipes for drinks to help with inventory. The use of the screens is very nice and easy to use. Customer service is never there and is hard to get a call back in the heat of the problem and is a real drag when things go down and no one answers. Also, if the wifi goes out there needs to be a way to process the cards and put them in a queue until it comes back so customers cards won't be lost and will process later.

Pros

ease of use

Cons

customer service... recipes aren't allowed to take away from inventory if the recipe takes more than one liquor

Response from talech

Thanks for your review, Archibald. I've passed your feedback to the product and support teams. A member of the talech team has reached out to learn more about your recent challenges and see how we can help. Please respond at your convenience. We'd love to hear more from you. Thank you for being a talech customer.