Paymo Reviews

About Paymo

Paymo is a work and project management software for small teams of up to 20 people. This solution supports remote work and offers project planning, resource scheduling, team collaboration, file proofing, time tracking, and...

Browse Paymo Reviews

Jelena
Jelena

Reviewed on 1/07/2020

My time and sanity saver!

I've increased my productivity with Paymo's Kanban board view, combined with Table view, and saved TONS of hours on admin, invoicing, timesheets, client and project management.

Just this time saving alone pays off the monthly subscription.

Sanity and nerves saving is the bonus! :)

Why? Because Paymo helped me maintain good client relationships, timesheet transparency and great records&data representation for a client. So when a client comes up with a random question about a specific task, Paymo's records make finding (and presenting) a specific information or record so much easier, transparent and more reliable.

Pros

Paymo has been a lifesaver in many business management areas: project management, client management, time tracking, accounting.

With built-in budgeting, time tracking, expense tracking, estimate calculations, professional invoicing and getting paid online (and on time!), different project 'views' (list, table, board for kanban, gantt), extensive filters, dashboard and insights, resource scheduling, live time reports, client portal - and all that in one app - it's a sanity saver!

One of the things I also personally quite appreciate is the professional and clean look of the invoices (and how easy it is for clients to pay them online). With a click of a button, you can add the unbilled time/fees for a specific time period and/or projects to an invoice. Paymo does all that heavy admin stuff for you and it has saved me a lot of time!

Cherry on the top: all invoice items are presented so neatly and professionally, so that my clients can see exactly everything I've worked on for them and what I'm billing them for, as well as how much time is tracked for each project and task.

And Payoneer, in addition to PayPal/Stripe/Authorize.Net payment gateways is a big plus!

It's brilliant.

The moment I first tried it, I could immediately feel that Paymo is the tool designed for actual freelancers in mind, whether you work on a project basis, or a pay-as-you-go basis.

It's not complex, and all the features it has are just *right*. Exactly what I need.

And it's getting even better!

Cons

I wish the app was just a little bit faster, but I read somewhere that they already have this improvement on their roadmap.

Still, if you ask me, it's totally worth the wait for every new feature and improvement their team is cooking for us :)

Response from Paymo

Speed improvements are already something that we're addressing. Stay tuned for more goodies such as a task calendar view, improved mobile app with team collaboration features and guest access.

Cheers,
Marcel

Replied 10/07/2020
Marianela
Marianela
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 11/03/2023

Paymo represents agility in the execution of projects and quality assurance.

Paymo is an effective platform, which does not require a learning curve on the part of the people who use it, in addition to the fact that many business rules associated with the execution of projects are already implemented. On the other hand, we have visibility for the prioritization of tasks, the notification to the participants of each activity, and in general, Paymo can grow based on the needs and projects that our organization can handle.

Pros

Paymo focuses on providing a simple and efficient platform, with the implementation of those functionalities that really generate value, in addition to offering a fairly complete Dashboard for generating reports and useful information for stakeholders. With Paymo we keep our work team focused, in addition to having the mobile APP to be able to record progress directly from where we are, in real time, and notify about progress. People and users can work on more than one project at the same time and each of them knows the tasks they must perform, the times in which they want the activities to be completed, as well as being able to attach support information.With Poymo we can register with the Timer option the work dedicated to each activity and in this way we can give greater visibility to the Project Management.

Cons

Paymo has demonstrated that it meets the objectives of any project, and they are precisely: being able to offer visibility for the fulfillment of each and every one of the tasks, also guarantees that team members have delivery dates at hand and can report the advances, considering the participation of multiple projects, however, it may be that for more complex projects in which team management, use of tools and acquisition of supplies for execution are required, project managers require other complementary tools such as sheets calculation to manage what we cannot detail from the software itself, however this does not apply to all projects and may or may not be a limitation in many service areas related to traditional activity tracking.

Reviewed on 20/03/2024

For the price point, it’s worth it.

Pros

We love how easy and straightforward it can be. It’s simple to set up and easy for the team to use. It’s very basic and covers just what we need.

Cons

We don’t love that the custom service is hard to get a hold of. Theres been some features that we ideally would like tweaked and they aren’t open to suggestions.

Response from Paymo

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for the feedback, we always appreciate it. We're open to user ideas, that's why we have a community forum where users can post and vote for their ideas. Unfortunately, we have to think carefully which new features would impact the majority of the userbase and also how complex and long it would take to implement.

Replied 26/03/2024

Top Paymo Alternatives

Vicky
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 2/04/2024

Excellent task- and time tracking software for small agencies

Pros

Task management and time tracking is baked into ONE system so you pay once, not for two different systems. Easy to use like Asana, but packed with more functionality, like Clickup – but much better than either.

Cons

Paymo can’t (yet) set a price per word for invoicing articles, and due to legal requirements in the UK, I have to export invoices to Quickbooks and send them from there rather than directly from Paymo.

ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

Limited functionality of Asana, bugs and issues with Clockify.

Clockify and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Paymo

Can’t remember all options, but we looked at everything we could find. Paymo had all the functionality in one system and was reasonably priced for a small business.
George
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 30/03/2024

Unveiling the Power of Paymo's Project Management Suite

Pros

Paymo offers a comprehensive suite of project management tools that have truly streamlined our workflow. What I like most about Paymo is its user-friendly interface, which makes it incredibly easy for our team to collaborate effectively. The time tracking feature is particularly helpful, allowing us to accurately monitor project progress and allocate resources efficiently. Overall, Paymo has significantly increased our productivity and organization, making it an indispensable tool for our business.

Cons

While Paymo offers a range of valuable features, there are a few areas where it could improve. While the existing templates are useful, having more flexibility to tailor them to our specific needs would be beneficial. Additionally, the mobile app interface could be more intuitive, as navigating certain features feels slightly clunky compared to the desktop version. Finally, while the customer support is generally responsive, there have been instances where resolution times could be quicker. Despite these minor drawbacks, Paymo remains a valuable tool for our team's project management needs.

Basecamp and Toggl Track

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

I believe Paymo is more userfriendly and easy to use.

Clockify

Reasons for Switching to Paymo

Paymo is more userfriendly and easy to use.
Gareth

Reviewed on 14/03/2024

Valuable Addition to Business

Great experience, and had issues with invoice templates, but received an update from support and the issue was fixed within 10 minutes.
The time I have saved this year is immeasurable.

Pros

Priced to replace the free versions of the software.
Automation of invoices, compared to using Pages template. If more work is completed for an un-invoiced project, editing the invoice is a simple process.
The dashboard to keep track of all projects makes things much easier, compared to my old Google Sheets attempt at a project tracker.
Archiving completed projects allows quick filtering of only the important things.
Time reports allow a quick insight into what is still to be invoiced.

Cons

I would like a quick notes section added to the dashboard, A daily checklist of the work day, rather than a specific project.

Google Forms, Pages, Odoo and QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Paymo

There were a lot of free versions of what Paymo offers, but having them all in one product is perfect. Odoo is the most recent one I've considered, but it would take a lot for me to move.
Stephen

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

Scale up with Paymo

Wonderful. Highly recommended and can vouch from consistent use that it’s worth it

Pros

An excellent resource for companies wishing to scale up and manage efficiency and quality. Remove the stress and focus on what you do best

Cons

The project management can get in the way of itself and isn’t as intuitive as it can be switching between time, projects, clients and invoices but it’s improving every month

HubSpot CRM and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

Price and quality with integrated options

Reasons for Switching to Paymo

Price, ease of use and quality over other products
Michelle

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

Consulting

Great! It's been SO HELPFUL!
It's been such a huge help for our business.

Pros

I really like the time-tracking methods, tracking project tasks, sub-tasks, etc. Running the reports in different formats is super useful.

Cons

The timing tracking for invoicing is tricky since we have a mix of types of billable expenses on a project. I still export our timesheets to do the calculations and then send an invoice in QuickBooks.

Gusto, QuickBooks Time, Trello, Tableau, monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Paymo

It was easy to use. Good discount for small businesses. Liked the different viewing options.

Response from Paymo

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it. When creating an invoice you can create it based on tracked time, flat rate tasks, retainers, expenses etc. And then send the invoice to Quickbooks online.

If you're not sure on h0w to do that, please contact our team, we would be more than happy to help you.

Replied 29/03/2024
Tichaona Redemptor
Tichaona Redemptor

Reviewed on 21/02/2024

Paymo is designed to meet the needs of small and medium-sized businesses

My overall experience with Paymo is that it is a useful and comprehensive software for managing projects, time tracking, invoicing, and billing. It has many features that can help freelancers and small businesses to plan, execute, and deliver their work efficiently and accurately.

Pros

Paymo helps you automate your invoicing process by setting up recurring invoices, late payment reminders, and thank you notes.

Cons

It does not have a native mobile app, only a web app that is not very responsive on small screens.

ClickFunnels, nTask, ClickUp and Toggl Plan

nTask, ClickUp and Toggl Track

Reasons for Switching to Paymo

as a software tester. I am eligible to test out as much software as i can in order to get the best for any business or cooperation.

Reviewed on 18/03/2024

Good Service, Good Support, Great Pricing

Easy, Quick to use, remains cost effective

Pros

Quick Support response, always courteous.

Cons

Sometimes I can't find what I need and have to ask support

Harvest

Ease of use, Good Support, integrates with my payment gateways
Mitch

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Best in the Biz (I think)

Pros

What do I like best - the value. When searching for a solution Paymo offered the most for the least and has been continuously working to improve the APP. I work remotely and have been using Paymo to track clients and send time reports to my office for billing a few years now and it has worked flawlessly. The time tracker is great, the time reports are great. There is, I am sure, a tonne of functionality that I haven't even tapped into but it does everything I need very quickly and cleanly. Navigating is a breeze, editing is a breeze, and exporting reports is a breeze.

Cons

My least favorite thing is that every time Paymo refreshes I have to set up all of my preferences again. I have to switch the view, add in a filter to see the projects the way I want, adjust the Time Report forms back the way I had them set up yesterday. Just switching the view from List to Table should be something I should be able to lock-in as a default view.

Trello, Basecamp and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

We switched from the self-hosted app because keeping it updated and maintained was timeconsuming and if anything crashed on our server it was going to be a headache. After exploring options moving to Paymo for the low monthly fee made a lot of sense for something we were using every day.

Reasons for Switching to Paymo

We chose Paymo mostly for value. It offered the most (at the time - I haven't shopped around in a while) for the least and part of the criteria when we were searching to replace the self-hosted open-source software we were using at the time (I don't remember what it was called - 2014 installed through Softaculous on the cPanel). But also, we chose Paymo because the UI was great. It looked good and was really intuitive to get around the app. It has only gotten better.

Response from Paymo

Good news, Mitch: time reports will be upgraded and support a more used friendly interface.

About the preference issue, can you please write it down on our community forum so it gets more traction from the community?

Thank you!

Replied 14/01/2020
Pavol
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

Paymo is a great software across platforms

Paymo helps to organize, plan and report our projects

Pros

Easy to learn, easy to use, with lot of features, super support, progressive software, they add lot of integrations, mobile apps, use via web browser

Cons

Some features wait for upgrade, iPad integration missing

Teamwork.com, Trello, Float and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

Paymo had gantt chart planning integrated, mobile app and was cheaper.

Teamwork.com

Reasons for Switching to Paymo

Paymo has a mobile app, portfolio gantt chart, time tracking, invoicing, etc. And paymo is really nice software.

Response from Paymo

Thank you, Pavol!

Can you tell me more about those features that you're talking about?

iPad support is not in our plans atm - sorry!

You can write us at [email protected] and ask for Marcel ;)

Cheers!

Jonathan

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

Impressed

Overall I have been really impressed with Paymo, it has merged many of the tools I would often have to use seperate services for and that alone is a massive time & cost saver. Support has been excellent in the few times I have had to contact them, & I have enjoyed implementing the service as the hub for my project management needs. I look forward to the updates the Paymo team bring in the future.

Pros

The biggest selling point for me was the project management facility alongside the app & timer for time tracking. Prior to this I had used a mix of Toggl + Trello, then when I moved to Quickbooks TSheets + Trello + Quickbooks.

Switching to Paymo streamlined this so that I could do all the project management and time tracking in one suite. Quickbooks integration was a necessity also considering all my finances have been handled there too.

Support has been excellent as well, tickets are resolved quickly and always someone available to give a helping hand or to receive feedback.

Cons

The biggest con was actually a feature I asked about before signing up for a subscription. At present the task management boards have no guest access facility. This was a feature I was really looking for as previously I used Trello to share proofs & receive feedback from clients. Having contacted support they have informed me that this feature is on the roadmap and undergoing testing, so hopefully will arrive in the not too distant future.

The web application could also benefit from more keyboard shortcuts as well. This is something I miss from Trello that was incredibly useful, but will mention to support as a feature request, alongside a dark mode or more options for theming the application. (There are chrome extensions that can partially cover this, but native support would be even more appreciated).

monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

I found TSheets as a time tracker cumbersome, as it was really built around a larger workforce. It also lacked the project management features that Paymo offered, so had to rely on Trello to cover that.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to Paymo

I felt it was better value for my needs, and offered the integrated Quick-books facilities that were necessary to replace TSheets.

Response from Paymo

Happy to hear that we streamline not just time tracking, but invoicing (including the QB integration)!

Indeed, the client portal with in-app access to guest users is our #1 priority. It's a large task, with a lot of implications, so we're making sure to check all the community's needs :)

Shortcuts will be more frequent too.

Kind regards,
Marcel

Neal
Neal

Reviewed on 25/06/2020

Paymo has grown, evolved, and expanded alongside of the needs of our business.

Seriously, everything! I mentioned time tracking earlier but Paymo also does project management, client management, invoicing, estimation, Zapier integration, scheduling, team tasking...and the list goes on and on.

Pros

Time tracking is seamlessly integrated into our current designer workflow. This allows us to calculate the actual time spent on the job so clients understand where their money is being spent. It also allows us to identify where we need to increase project costs (9/10 times it's with 'customer correspondence').

Cons

We've been with Paymo for over 10 years so it was a bit of a kick when they started charging for functionality like Gant Charts. We've always loved the complete 'soup-to-nuts' service that Paymo offered so when certain items were put behind another paywall it definitely stung a bit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trello, Basecamp, Asana and Fiverr Workspace

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

As we expanded our business to include larger, quick-turn clients, we needed a better way to track time spent on projects. We found Paymo and started to implement time tracking and project management. It wasn't long before we were using it for estimating, invoicing, and reporting payroll. Almost a decade later, the platform continues to amaze us with updates and support that we never would have received from other services. We've even had folks join our team from Nike/adidas that say Paymo is something they wish they had at their previous jobs.

Reasons for Switching to Paymo

It comes down to 'bread and butter' of time tracking and project management. We've since added Slack and Trello to our ranks, but have never found a better, more cost-effective way of managing our day-to-day operations than Paymo.

Response from Paymo

Loved the "(9/10 times it's with customer correspondence)" part, Neal :)

Besides Gantt Charts, the Business plan also comes with a Team Scheduling module, 100 GB of storage, and priority support.

We found this plan to be more appealing to larger teams, that's why we've decided to include it in a separate plan.

What specifically do you need from Gantt Charts, the ability to set dependencies or see task deadlines on a calendar?

If it's the latter one, then I have some good news: we're going to launch a task calendar view in the near future, so stay tuned!

Replied 25/06/2020
Jason

Reviewed on 23/02/2023

Paymo is the easiest project/billing/payment platform I've ever used and their support is...

I spend half as much time getting things done in Paymo compared to my last system (Bonsai). My old solution wasn't horrible, it's just that Paymo is so much better.I'm spending less time in the software because everything's seamless, and that's with my number of projects more than doubling right around the time I was onboarding. Seriously, the support has been fantastic.

Pros

Before I talk about my experience with individual features, it's super important to me to say how incredibly responsive and helpful Paymo's support team is. Throughout my onboarding process, we ran into a few issues (some my fault, and a couple small glitches on Paymo's side), but their support team is the best I've ever had. They're fast, helpful, and are serious about taking care of me. Shout out to [sensitive content hidden], who have both been so helpful! The entire reason I switched to Paymo (from Bonsai) was because my old solution was so frustrating in locking me into dumb processes from Project > Tasks > Estimate > Complete Tasks > Invoicing, it was a nightmare. I have retainer clients that will send us a set of small 1 or 2 hour quick tasks, but billing against them was a nightmare because of how Bonsai locked you into their Step 1, step 2, step 3 process.Paymo doesn't get in my way like Bonsai did, it's soooo much easier to track time, capture a subset of timesheet hours into an invoice, and send it on. No kidding, Paymo saves me about 15 minutes on every invoice I sent and probably saves at least 30 minutes for each estimates/quotes.The Paymo macOS app is phenomenally convenient for tracking time on projects. I will never again be without a time tracking app like Paymo, I've recaptured so many lost billable hours by using it.Their Paymo Payments system has worked great for me. I don't have all that much to comment on because it's just seamless for the client.

Cons

I ran into some issues when signing up for their payments system (their payment system works great, this is just the sign-up process). At the time, I was a sole proprietorship and I don't think their processes were tuned that well for my type of business because I had to send in a lot of documentation to get approved (I think it was for fraud prevention measures).BUT, I want to say [sensitive content hidden] was so helpful, and really made it her mission to handle it and get it pushed through, which she did. And she's also lovely and friendly to talk to.There have been one or two other small glitches I ran into that were both handled by support immediately. Neither of them were mission-critical or blocked anything I had to get done. Bpgo

TimeCamp, FreshBooks, Harvest, Bonsai and Clockify

Reasons for Switching to Paymo

It did everything I needed it to and then some, but it was still simple and well thought out. Every feature is a real feature, there's nothing that's been shoehorned in or half-baked. Also, the workflows are really flexible, so I'm not stuck in "their process", I can use my own preferences and workflows.

Reviewed on 10/01/2023

Paymo makes coordinating projects and tasks easy

We have complete control over all of our projects, both active and dormant, which allows us to give our clients nothing but the highest quality results.

Pros

The Time-Tracking functionality is what ultimately led us to select Paymo. With Paymo, we can easily keep track of our time spent on each client's and each project's work, as well as generate time reports. When necessary, we can send out invoices that can be paid with PayPal, regardless of whether the customer is a registered Paypal user or not.

Cons

I wish there were more visual formatting options for estimates and invoices. As a designer, I know how crucial it is to pay close attention to detail, and I'd appreciate it if my bills and estimates reflected that.

Ruben

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

A toolbox for the small business

Pros

Paymo has every crucial tool any small agency could need for kick-starting business. Its simplicity makes it easy to learn and implement, and when you compare it with more specific tools, it saves you a lot of time

Cons

As every other one-size-fits-all solution, Paymo doesn't excel on any of the tasks it covers. Of course managing projects thru an specific task management will be ultimately better, same as with invoicing, but it would require dedicated manpower taking care of those as well. Paymo compromises specificity for ease to use and maintain, so you'll have to adapt processes to Paymo and not the other way around.

QuickBooks Enterprise, Clockify and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Paymo

Paymo does what these other three tools do separately, easier and at a lower cost.
Mohammad

Reviewed on 8/03/2023

Paymo is your project management partner.

One of the best project management and task management applications and I do recommend people to try it as there is a free way to use it at the beginning and if you like it then you can get more features and pay.

Pros

The time tracking feature in Paymo is really great. The dashboards they have are even greater.

Cons

There are limitations with the mobile application in functionality compared to my desktop application.

Microsoft Project

Reasons for Switching to Paymo

The dashboard in Paymo gives more information than MS Project. The alerts are really wonderful.
Pérocheau
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 5/05/2023

Best app i know for invoicing and and managing your projects for entrepreneurs

I've been using Paymo for more than 2 years now, and still the best bank for the buck I know for what I need, That is make estimates and invoices, sometimes bill them trough stripes, Managing my projects and also tracking time spent on each tasks and projects.

Pros

Paymo is very flexible, It let me create easily estimates and transform them into invoice once the contract is signed, I also use it to track my time spent on each projects with their neat app, and all of that for a really inexpensive price.

Cons

If I was nitpicking I would say the project management part lack a bit of personalization and is still a bit clunky to use for my taste, and I would love an integration with notion.

QuickBooks Enterprise and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Paymo

Ability to make estimatesAbility to manage projects and track timeMore flexibilityCheaper
Frank
Frank

Reviewed on 14/07/2019

Constantly improving

Flexible and suitable for a lot of different projects. We gained a lot of insight through the visual data overviews. Tool is constantly improving: new features, upgrades, interface changes for the better.
The customer service was friendly and personal. Paymo and DataFeedWatch are my two favorite customer teams. Definitly recommended!

Pros

- Great, flexible project management tool
- perfectly scalable
- a lot of features and handy shortcuts (saved project lists etc.)
- provides a lot of insights per project and client
- Very friendly and personal customer service.
- Good value for the money

Cons

- Clients did not always get the tool instantly. But recent UX changes could make it easier for them
- Communication with colleagues could get a bit chaotic, takes some time to implement in the workflow.
- A lot of features requires good knowledye whats the best way to use the tool, so definitly assign someone to create a team workflow.

Asana

Pricing and UX

Response from Paymo

Hi Frank,

Nicely worded, thank you!

We're working on an improved client portal, with in-app access to guest users so they can contribute and view the project progress in real-time. Follow the thread for it here: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/in-progress-client-portal-collaboration/67/2

Onboarding-wise, the focus for 2020 is going to be on in-app tool tips and video tutorials. Hope this will help you! :)

Replied 15/01/2020
Luc
Luc
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

Using it since 2016 and every update makes me happier

It works, never failed me. Questions with support are always quickly answered and they're very helpful.

Pros

I've been using this product since 2016 and did so in several ways. Every time an update is implemented it's surprises me on it's effectiveness. It just keeps running smoother and smoother. Besides that the tools in the app are nicely designed an clearly structured i like the (multiple) supporting apps to track time very useful. Also nicely integrated with other apps through API. It's just a great product.

Cons

I'm finding more and more ways to implement other workflows in there. My Getting things done method and trello (kanban) are easy to implement. Maybe a notetaking system to implement Zettelkasten (knowledgebase) in there aswell.

Response from Paymo

Thank you, Luc, for your kind words :)

Please upvote this feature request on notes on our community forum to get more traction: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/wiki-or-notes-for-each-project/722

Reviewed on 16/03/2023

I love Paymo

Overall, really great and I love the customer service where real people talk to me in a coherent way!

Pros

It took me a while to find the right invoicing & time tracking app, but now that I've settled on Paymo, I can finally put that part of my business at rest and let it just work for me in the background. I love how easy it is to set up a new client and track the time worked for them. I use the invoicing every month and even have some recurring invoices. It seems that every feature that I want is already covered by Paymo and then some. This product is easy to use and looks professional. I also love that it sends automatic reminders to clients who haven't paid on time, so I don't have to think about it.

Cons

I do recall that sometimes on my invoices I'd like to see listed what dates I worked on a particular job. I don't think I've been able to get invoices to show that yet, so perhaps that feature doesn't exist or I can't figure out how to turn it on.

Jack Joseph
Jack Joseph

Reviewed on 24/06/2020

Easy. Organized. Effective.

With Paymo I am able to solve problems and experience benefit. With the project tab I am able to see all of my projects, whether they be complete, inactive, archived, etc. I am also able to view tasks and task lists in different ways that allow me to effectively organize and plan my work day. Invoicing has become easier, as I am able to assign a client to an invoice and have it sent directly to the client's email address. Since my business is mostly run by rates, Paymo's time tracking feature along with the app helps me effectively track my time to charge my clients with the most accurate price. This also helps me with time sheets and time reporting, allowing me to plan for future clients to completely maximize profit.

Pros

Paymo's seamless design makes project management easy. With a simple menu sideline, it is easy to access all that your business needs to run in an organized and efficient manner. It is easy to add users, manage your subscription plan, view and add clients. Paymo's project tab is where you can view, manage, and assign projects and tasks to any user. Collaboration is EASY. And I love Paymo's Accounting tab also. Invoicing, expense input, estimates, and even recurring invoicing has never been simpler. I like how I was able to start with the free plan, then once my business grew I was able to easily switch to a more expansive plan.

Cons

I wish that I could have used more invoices in the free plan, just to grow my business a little bit more before spending more, but I am loving the subscription plan I am on at the moment.

Response from Paymo

Glad to know that you're enjoying the full suite of Paymo, Jack :)

We're working on a few goodies, like an improved client portal, a calendar task view, and a new mobile app release. So stay tuned!

Replied 26/06/2020
Florian

Reviewed on 15/03/2024

Our Agency-Backbone

A good piece of software that keeps on getting better and better with a very quick and friendly support.

Pros

Many useful features: Paymo supports all of our workflows with ease.

Cons

Downtimes during working hours, sometimes the paymo interface is slow. I would like to have templates for tasks.

Response from Paymo

Hi Florian,

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. We're constantly working on improving the speed and user experience. Please note that you can use project templates and also duplicate your tasks if needed. For more details, please contact our support team.

Replied 18/03/2024
Ayman
Ayman
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 7/08/2021

Utilizing paymo Now is a great time to track your projects.

Simplify the project follow-up and control process as much as possible. All members of the work team now have the opportunity to do so, because by assigning priority to each member of the team, all project priorities will be determined in the end, and following them will be a simple process that does not demand considerable effort.

Pros

Paymo streamlines the process of tracking multiple projects at once, allowing for effective and efficient project monitoring and follow-up on multiple activities in a professional manner, where you can easily find all required tasks, as well as all data and information pertaining to any of your projects. One of the leading ideas in project management is the participation principle, in which all members of the work team and stakeholders are partners in the follow-up and control of tasks, each according to his or her specialization, saving time and effort and resulting in humiliating results in the end.

The program's archiving capability for all project data is unique, and it aids in the storage and retrieval of all data at any moment. Financial claims, completion rates, delayed activities, and risk analysis are among the reports you'll receive based on the information you submit. Finally, one of the most essential ways to improve the project team's performance is to save time and effort. Reducing office work time allows the project team to focus more on fieldwork, resulting in the project being completed on time, on budget, and to the appropriate quality standards.

Cons

Overall, I don't think there's anything I don't like about the application; it's easy to use and understand for all members of the team, and it applies novel display strategies.

Response from Paymo

Hi Ayman,

Thank you for the kind words, although we don't have any risk analysis reports :D

Replied 23/08/2021