Sortly Reviews

About Sortly

Sortly Pro is a cloud-based inventory management solution that caters to small and midsize businesses across various industries. Key features include activity tracking, location tracking, inventory management, barcoding and audit...

Browse Sortly Reviews

Sam
Sam

Reviewed on 26/06/2023

Sortly was so easy to implement

Love Sortly. Use it every week sometimes every day, and it has been a great addition to our bag of tools at our company.

Pros

The staff position at our office that was responsible for this information has been replaced a handful of times while I have been in this office. The guy there when I was first hired bought a competitors software. I setup the local server for him, connected his iPad to it, and my phone. But before we could use it, I told him that he was going to have to configure it, and determine how he wanted to manage the inventory. It wasn't until 3 people later that Sortly was purchased and put to use the same day that we actually had an inventory up and running.

Cons

I use a Samsung Galaxy Fold 3. Previously a Samsung Galaxy Note 9. The support team worked with me on the Note 9 due to a text size issue and the issue was mostly solved; however, I have yet to report that the problem is quite prominent in the Fold 3 and so they still have some work to do with their Text Flow/layout. At least on the Android side, but I don't know how much that would be their fault so much as it is the problem with Android allowing such a wide variety of configurations that every company wants to put their own spin on that I'm sure it can be a daunting task for them to address.

Response from Sortly

Hey Sam,

We truly appreciate the time you took to review Sortly and provide your feedback! Happy to hear that the app is valuable to your team.

Please email [email protected] so we can look into the Fold 3 concern for you.

Replied 27/06/2023
Gustavo
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Very user friendly and powerfull solution at an affordable price

I love this software, it is easy to install, use and maintain, have lots of features for a small business, and the price, compare to other software alike, it is very affordable.

Pros

low cost
easy to implement and sustain
user friendly
folder structure
multiple pictures for each product

Cons

no order ticketing
no track of expendables
not to many features
integrations with 3rd party are only for enterprise level

InventoryCloud and inFlow Inventory

Reasons for Switching to Sortly

affordable price, include many features that we needed
Bailey
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 6/02/2024

Flynn Designs Review

Pros

I love the multiple-picture viewing
printing labels

Cons

-How you cannot print large labels on the label maker. You can only print on sheets.
-I wished the trash was more accessible. I always have a hard time finding it.
-I wish it could be integrated into other software.
-Need multiple measurements for an item (fabrics).
-HATE that there is no phone tech support. Waste a lot of time.

Top Sortly Alternatives

sherry
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Sortly Review in clinic setting

Pros

It has been great to keep track of our supplies over 3 clinic sites. We have one ordering manager, and they receive notifications when supplies are running low at one of our clinics.

Cons

Set up is time-consuming when adding barcodes on all supplies. However, once it is set up, It is easy to add new items. But that is the case with any inventory system.

Fishbowl

Reasons for Switching to Sortly

Price and very easy setup. Some of the other companies were way more complex than what was needed and therefore more expensive. We only use Sortly as a way to keep track of inventory. It does have some other features we use, such as cost of supplies and reports on spending.
Billy
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 8/02/2024

A Great all round inventory management app.

Pros

How easy it was to set up and get going, being able to add photos and prices.

Cons

it's an off the shelf product so wont hit all your buisness needs. quite basic but that is also what is so great about it.

Brandon
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 8/02/2024

Best customization options in the field

My experience has been very positive. I have been able to tailor the program to my exact needs which are not 100% aligned with the intent of some of the features, but because of the customization can be made to be used in exactly the way I need it

Pros

I selected Sortly due to the customization options. I use the program slightly different than it's intention which means the ability to customize is one of, if not the most important feature for my company. All other competitors I looked at did not offer enough customization making their programs not suited to my needs

Cons

I have no complaints about Sortly at this time

Jacob

Reviewed on 8/02/2024

Overall is this a great product and I would recommend it.

Pros

Easy to set up. The history function is super useful for tracking down human error. Super easy and intuitive to use. Bulk adjust option was very helpful when we needed it.

Cons

The PDF reports would be better with better cost information and cost summaries. Would be super cool if it integrated with Sage 100. Seems like the left side buttons and options could be organized and labeled slightly more intuitively.

• Industry: Consumer Services

Sortly - Ease of use

Pros

Sortly can be used on multiple platforms and devices. Updates are instant and time stamped.

Cons

There is nothing that we dislike based on how we are using Sortly

Nathaniel

Reviewed on 31/01/2024

Finally We organize our warehouse

It has been very good so far, easy to setup, and great support

Pros

Ease of use for our employees, especially field workers interacting with accounting.

Cons

we had to use a workaround to achieve what we were really trying to do,, but it works, and works great

Response from Sortly

Hi Nathaniel,

Thank you for taking the time to review Sortly! We're thrilled to hear that Sortly is helping you stay on top of things.

We would love to assist further with your concern about using a workaround. Please reach out to us at [email protected]!

Replied 2/02/2024
Alexander
Alexander
  • Industry: Building Materials

A Great Start for Growing Companies

Pros

This is an easy to use platform that is fast to implement and adopt with employees that are not used to using inventory management platforms/ERPs. It is limited in financial reporting abilities as it is not a fully fledged ERP, but it makes transitioning to a proper ERP easy.

Cons

Difficult to manage inventory purchased at different costs/ perform FIFO.

Lisa
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Great app/software

This has changed my job as manager of Inventory for an office space! It is so much easier to get things sorted when they can be counted in a flash, instead of having to use an excel spreadsheet.

Pros

I love that we can assign our own barcodes or Sortly will make them up for us. Also, that anyone can use it through their own phone, so it negated the need for several additional physical items to keep track of.

Cons

It was a bit expensive. Also, it took a learning curve to figure out that the imported items folder could be manipulated easiest. It would be nice if several functions could be saved in more detail with a pull down menu? For example, I use more shortcuts than the four allowed on the phone scanner.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Choosing Sortly

The ease of being able to use our phones as trackers (Sheetgo did not allow that integration as easily) and the ability to acess and update immediately in real time.

Square Point of Sale and Sheetgo

Response from Sortly

Hi Lisa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Sortly!

We are happy to hear that the app has replaced your previous method of inventory management and you are finding it useful.

I'll pass your request for a Square POS integration to our Product team, and if you have any other feature requests, please let us know at [email protected].

Replied 27/06/2023
Pierce
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 3/07/2023

Sortly- Year 3

The centralization of Sortly allows my lab to database product and vendor information

Pros

Solid user interface that is clear and well organized.

Cons

Mobile app can feel slow and clunky. Hopeful for further workflow integrations like Slack and creating purchase orders.

Fishbowl and Quickbooks Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Sortly

Straightforward product that is simple and easy to use.

Response from Sortly

Hi Pierce,

Thank you for taking the time to review Sortly and for being a longtime customer! Your feedback is very important to us. We're thrilled to hear that Sortly is helping you stay on top of things.

I'll pass your feedback about the Quickbooks, POS, and Fishbowl integrations along to our Product team.

If you have any questions, suggestions, or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected]

Replied 18/07/2023
Kellie
  • Industry: Utilities

One Energy Sortly Review

Pros

The Mobile App is very easy to use. Simple and clear for the user.

Cons

I wish there was a way to store more Documents and track events on an asset.

Charles
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Reviewed on 4/07/2023

Small Business User

Overall it works for us with tracking and sharing our MAIN product, which is federally regulated so it's the most important. We continue to use it, so obviously we are accustomed to it and invested the time to input our data so we will continue to use it as long as it remains affordable to our budget.

Pros

I love the ability to add tags to sort easily when looking up something for a customer request, the ability to track assets value, and creating as many folders and subfolders as needed. It's nice you can leave 0 quantity to restock without having to re-enter all the data for that item or recreate a barcode.

Cons

I don't like that you have to pay additional fees/higher plan in order to create simple custom reports. It would be nice if there was a plan for smaller mom & pop businesses like ours to utilize the software and all it's greatness without breaking the bank. If I had to pick one suggestion, it would be to have the ability to show the out of pocket value AND the sell price value...rather than having to choose one.

Response from Sortly

Hi Charles,

Thank you for your review of Sortly! Your feedback is very important to us. We're thrilled to hear that Sortly is helping you stay on top of things.

I'll pass your pricing feedback along to our Leadership team and your feedback about having additional fields to our Product team.

Replied 11/07/2023
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 29/06/2023

Sortly for Hotel Inventory Management

We are not using all the features of Sortly by any means but has proven the perfect solution for what we need which is managing and controlling our inventory and ensuring we always have the stock we need on hand. I do think that the Advanced plan should have more than two users included.

Pros

We use Sortly to control our stock of amenities and supplies for rooms and it is a simple and straightforward tool for that purpose. It was easy to set up our inventory and the minimum level fields and tags make reordering straightforward and the price makes tracking the value of inventory very easy. Being able to upload a number of photos eliminates confusion over which item is which.

Cons

Only 2 users on the Advanced plan is not very generous compared to competitors. 5 would seem to be a fairer deal

Response from Sortly

Hi Mark,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review Sortly! It's fantastic to know that our app has helped you maintain efficiency and organization.

I'll pass your feedback about plans and pricing to our Leadership team. You are able to add additional users to your Advanced plan. If you would like to do so, please reach out to us at [email protected]!

Replied 30/06/2023
  • Industry: Automotive

Inventory Visibility and Ease of Use

As far as day-to-day transaction management and reporting, Sortly is fantastic. We use this as a visibility tool, not the actual management of the inventory, which at our location is done in Access. We've been able to link the two systems so the transactions reflect in Sortly when done in Access. We have users who do not speak English, and Sortly was easy enough for them to pick it up with minimal down-time and instruction. It is a very intuitive, very easy product to use.

Pros

Very very intuitive software that takes very little time to bring people up to speed on the every day use. All of the basic features and functions you need to help in Inventory Management and Control are there, as well as the reporting features that you need.

Cons

Could use more customizability in terms of what fields are the primary fields, as well as additional customizability for the formats of the actual labels. Would be great to have additional size options, and ability to add and manipulate the actual layout of labels. As well as having other options for barcode labels.

Frank

Reviewed on 31/07/2023

Useful for inventory identification and tracking

In commercial construction for a flooring company, I use Sortly to catalog our overstock items available for our sales reps and walk-ins alike for easy and quick browsing. Photos, details, and quantities are nice to be able to offer and I can export records of everything or inside of set parameters (for example, rolled carpet over 75SF in the color brown) based on whatever information I entered about the product upon record creation. It has helped to keep these items easily viewable for those not located at this office and separate from our regularly inventoried products.

Pros

Sortly's easy to acclimate to and fill with your products, mobile apps offer a smooth 1:1 experience paired with web based tools.

Cons

UOM not having more options (SY) and having export pre-sets (i.e. field display settings for sharing exports with a customer or internally - with/without costs for example).

Response from Sortly

Hi Frank,

I'll pass your feedback about custom units of measurement and default export fields along to our Product team.

Replied 21/08/2023
Bill
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 1/07/2023

Great software for the price

Pros

For the money it does a great job! Not all the bells and whistles or reporting etc of more expensive programs but great value for the money

Cons

Wish the reporting was more advanced: ordering reports and use reports with more flexibility and receiving process to receive items against an order report and ability to move bulk received items from the report into inventory and items not received into a back order list with alerts if the item is on backorder and placed on an order

Response from Sortly

Hi Bill,

Thank you for taking the time to review Sortly! Your feedback is very important to us. We're thrilled to hear that Sortly is helping you stay on top of things.

I'll pass your feedback about reporting along to our Product team.

Replied 18/07/2023
Jason

Reviewed on 27/06/2023

Sortly is everything we need.

It has been wonderful and made my work life so much easier. I'd recommend to anyone or company. Keep up the great work Sortly team!

Pros

The ease of use and well thought out design. The Sortly team is constantly updating new features and actually listens to feedback. Then they actually implement new features and consistently improve on Sortly's functions.

Cons

The wish the pics could be saved in a higher resolution, but I also understand memory and speed of loading. Therefore not really a big "con".

Response from Sortly

Hey Jason,

Thank you so much for your positive review of Sortly! We are happy to hear that the app is working well for you and your team.

I've passed along your feedback about image quality to our Product team. If you have any other suggestions, please let us know at [email protected].

Replied 28/06/2023
Crystal

Reviewed on 10/07/2023

Absolutely Adore

So far, I've really enjoyed sortly, its a good basic inventory management system at a reasonable price for a small buisness.

Pros

I really love how easy it is to make sub folders in sortly. It's a pretty great platform for those looking for quick updates, and the app works great.

Cons

I really wish I could integrate with shopify, it would make me want to upgrade to the enterprise level if I could more easily integrate with my POS.

Response from Sortly

Hi Crystal,

Thank you for your amazing review of Sortly! We're happy to hear it's helped you stay efficient.

I've passed your request for a Shopify integration along to our Product team.

Replied 11/07/2023
Taylor

Reviewed on 20/06/2023

Inventory Management

The benefits that have been realized are the easy of knowing the quantity of inventory we have and having notifications sent when there is a low stock. Sortly was easy to implement throughout the organization as it has a very simple mobile app that all can use with ease.

Pros

Sortly has many features that simplify the management of inventory, one of the best features in the barcode scanner. This helps to simplify the movement of inventory. Sortly is also very simple to use for people who do not have a large knowledge of technology.

Cons

At this moment, the features that are currently being utilized by me are more than enough. I have found that I have had very minimal negative experience.

Response from Sortly

Hey Taylor,

Thank you for your awesome review of Sortly! We're thrilled to hear it's helped you stay efficient and on top of things.

If you have any questions or suggestions, just send us an email - [email protected]!

Replied 19/07/2023
Jason
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 25/01/2019

Sortly in the Laboratory Environment

This was exactly the application that I needed when I started our Laboratory inventory system. It is easy for my staff to look up if we have any chemicals on site, and the ability to add custom fields and tags allows us to keep a list of all of our Hazardous materials and link the SDS(new MSDS) forms to the chemicals, as OSHA and other agencies require.

Pros

To be honest, it is 'dumb' software. It has a very basic structure that allowed us to fill in and sort things as we needed to without fighting against any templates or pre-designed structure that got in our way.
It is super easy to integrate the iOS/Android app as a barcode scanner, something that other inventory management software charges *thousands* of dollars for, as well as expensive hardware to use. Most of your employees already have cell phones, or can be issued ones for work easily.

Cons

It is not quite as intuitive of an interface as the design would lead you to expect. A few good video/YouTube tutorials would be helpful.
The team is still developing features as clients give them input, so things can change quickly. App does not always push to update versions and old versions can be out of synch with the database.
Uses Avery labels when I would prefer a zebra printer for printing labels.

Lisa
  • Industry: Maritime

Reviewed on 21/06/2023

Benefits of Sortly

As working in maritiem ( marine maintenance service) you have a billion small spare part which we used to not be able to keep track/count on .. with the help of using sortly, the stock is always on point . Also with providing the clients the spare parts it is always more clear what goes where ( with the help of moving items into new created folders- hence no missing parts anymore - amazing! )

Pros

The product is really easy to use, with a few days you get a hang of it! amazing new updates constantly, which makes it even better all the time!

Cons

Until now I just have one con, which is the handscanner system.. if it could be used with handscanners that also have a +/- system it could be used more easily in a bigger wearhouse.

Jonathan

Reviewed on 29/06/2023

Solution with Logic

Very please with the performance of the app and appreciative that it is simple to train with my staff.

Pros

Sortly has been a perfect solution with a simple user interface. We attempted to use several other applications prior to Sortly and they were not user friendly. Sortly has a clear interface and logical approach.

Cons

The primary issue with the barcode feature is that is does not require an input of "adding" or "deleting" from inventory prior to a scan.

Response from Sortly

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you so much for your positive review of Sortly! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and your kind words about our product.

You can use our Quick Action function on the mobile app to set a quantity change before scanning the barcode!

If you have any questions about that, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected].

Replied 30/06/2023
Justin

Reviewed on 20/06/2023

Best Inventory System on the market!

I really needed a system that could track my inventory of parts for our crawl space business. I checked all the others on the market, but Sortly had features that came with the initial purchase that were add-on features on others you had to pay extra for. If you want a great system to control your inventory and where it's going, get Sortly!! Can't beat the price either!

Pros

I love the fact that my project managers and myself can glide through checking our inventory with our crews with just the scan of a QR code!

Cons

There needs to be more versatility on how you can control the settings, and maybe a way to lock a folder so nothing goes in or out of the folder to help not having it placed into the wrong folder by confusion.

Response from Sortly

Hi Justin,

I'll pass your feedback about folder settings along to our Product team.

Replied 19/07/2023