Windscribe Reviews

About Windscribe

Windscribe is a VPN application that encrypts your internet traffic and allows businesses to bypass censorship, access geo-restricted content and keep online activity private. It uses a combination of OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP/IPSec,...

4.7

Browse Windscribe Reviews

Eduardo
Eduardo
  • Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

The true anonymity

I have a very positive experience with windscribe. Being able to access different IP addresses allows me to get better purchase prices for my clients. In addition, it allows me to enter pages that are normally blocked. I must emphasize that the connection speed is very good.

Pros

It is an effective software, change your ip address instantly without generating connection problems. It has a wide range of geographical addresses which has helped me greatly in my work to get the best prices and products for my clients. The customer service is immediate and at the request of a new address act quickly

Cons

More than a counter, I consider it a point to improve. Even, I consider it a kind of utopia for this type of software. In my personal experience, I would like that Windscribe can be anchored to several browsers, including browser windows, and that in each one it can offer a different ip address. This would improve my times incredibly.

NordVPN, IPVanish and Norton Secure VPN

Reasons for Choosing Windscribe

Nordvpn on occasion turned slow

NordVPN

Reasons for Switching to Windscribe

I saw a review of the product
Aydin

Reviewed on 15/12/2021

Overall review

Pros

a stable vpn application that is free, fast and offers the opportunity to connect to many locations. The connection speeds are high and the delay is very low, the best part is developers are so funny :)

Cons

I think the application does not have any bad features, they can only add a little more locations that can be connected as a recommendation.

• Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Reviewed on 17/04/2019

Best VPN in the market

Windscribe will give you a remote location anywhere you wish to be. Enjoy the free 2GB monthly and you can add it as an extension on Chrome and Mozilla

Pros

They offer you free 2GB to use in a month and pay when depleted. Who doesn't like free stuff? they are the best. This can be treated as a free trial.
Ability to choose locations easily on cruise control.
They will cover your ass wherever you are.
Friendly and fun emails from the CEO about new developments and feedbacks keep users engaged.
Relatively cheap

Cons

Their downloaded software keeps on popping up on the background of your computer requesting you to sign up. This can be annoying as you will have to keep closing the popup.

Top Windscribe Alternatives

Hotspot Shield VPN

TorGuard VPN Service

Norton Secure VPN

LTD Hunter

Reviewed on 20/07/2019

Worth every penny

Extremely satisfied with the purchase. Use it every day on every device.

Pros

Never disconnect, unlike many other VPN providers. Super fast to connect and disconnect. Affordable. Compatible with Chrome OS which is a huge plus because not many VPN apps support Chrome OS.

Cons

I can't think of many cons. Maybe at the very beginning, I was having some issues installing the client on my Windows PC but that was because I had another tap software which conflicted with Windscribe. So my advice is to uninstall any other VPN before installing Windscribe.

kelechi
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 13/02/2023

Really good browsing speed and absolutely no disconnects

Fair enough, it wasnt really bad but i chose to opt for another service

Pros

I like the fact that connecting to windscribe doesn't reduce one's browsing speed. and also the 10gb free data monthly is really beneficial to someone like me who does a whole lot of Beta testing of blockchain dapps. Also for its free version, the service was immense. They are hardly much free VPNs out there that competes with windscribe. I could only imagine how good the pro plan would be

Cons

On the free plan, the servers available are very limited and have unclear names and the IPs get flagged as spam on most IP checker sites.

Solomon

Reviewed on 13/02/2022

Windscribe is amazing

Very positive experience overall

Pros

I liked that I can top up a few dollars to access a VPN in any part in the world

Cons

Sometimes the connection to several VPNs (Eg Japan) are quite slow for video streaming

Danny
Danny
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 19/09/2019

Excellent software to stay anonymous

The experience I've had with windscribe has been positive, my privacy is always protected and I can connect to public Wi-Fi without having to be afraid of hackers. Now I can visit web pages that are blocked in my country and without noticeably slowing down the browsing speed. As the Pro plan is quite accessible, I was able to hire it and benefit from all the tools offered by Windscribe.

Pros

Windscribe has many features that I like, for example, it offers a free plan for new users where you can surf the internet up to 10 Gb of data monthly and with access to 11 countries. As I have the Pro plan (which is quite economical), I can surf the internet safely and unlimitedly, I can connect to more than 60 countries and the speed is really good. Security is strict, I can use Windscribe on my cell phone and also on my laptop simultaneously, that way I am protected from hackers that can steal information. Its interface is excellent very intuitive and easy to understand and the technical support always respond quickly when I have a problem. Without a doubt, a real wonder.

Cons

Windscribe works perfectly, I just wish it had more Latin countries, such as Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela and Panama, since it has very few.

Ruthis
Ruthis
  • Industry: Animation

Reviewed on 13/11/2023

Most used VPN

I recommand this VPN. It is easy to use.

Pros

This is the VPN I use the Most . You can access to more than 50 servers around the world.

Cons

Sometimes, downloads are a litle slow when using the green version. You must update to the paid version to access to all the features

matt

Reviewed on 27/10/2023

Windscribe - Review

Pros

This is my favourite VPN. It secures any device with the press of a button. The UI is very easy to navigate and lists out in a simple way all servers available. Never had any issues.

Cons

Like any VPN the Internet speed can drop depending on the server in use.

Albert

Reviewed on 12/12/2023

BEST VPN FOR FREE or PAID

My overall experience was great. I honestly wouldn’t choose another VPN.

Pros

What I like most about Windscribe is that they offer a free plan as well as a paid plan. It’s such a cool perk that paid plan can be paid by referring people or with money, which is great to have so many options

Cons

What I like least is that if you link your email, then you get very few gigs of VPN.

YURY

Reviewed on 22/03/2018

I use Windscribe VPN for a long time and this program has proven to be on the good side.

This VPN allows you to use the Internet without worrying that the data can get to the provider. It will easily unlock websites blocked in the country, as well as allow to use services unavailable in the country. All servers support anonymous torrent download and nobody will know about it.
If you want to access is banned in your region site to block tracking activity and make sure that your actions are not logged by the ISP, then VPN Windscribe is a great choice. Windscribe VPN has a high level of protection and is easy to use.

Pros

Windscribe VPN is a secure VPN service designed for anonymous surfing on the web and circumventing regional restrictions when visiting blocked sites and allows you to absolutely anonymously visit pages on the Internet without the risk of tracking advertising modules.
Windscribe VPN has an easy to use VPN client, convenient, modern and intuitive interface.
In the desktop application developed built-in feature of the firewall that allow you to disable all connections that are established not through the VPN. Thus, Windscribe VPN provides an extra layer of protection, preventing leakage of your real IP address.
The program offers three different connection modes that use different ports to circumvent any limitations of your Internet service providers.
Windscribe VPN does not store any logs about the connection.
Connection of the selected server takes a few seconds. There is a browser extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera, which allows you to hide information about your browser, remove ads from the site, remove social buttons, remove tracking on sites and so on.
If necessary, you can create secure links.
I like that they have servers in many countries of the world, and even in Libya.
Windscribe VPN is a cross-platform service for computers, browsers, mobile phones, TV, routers, NAS and torrent clients
Windscribe VPN has an unlimited number of connections and you can use one account for all family members.

Cons

When installing simultaneous connections from two locations can seriously slow down the speed of the Internet.
Sometimes, when you disable the service, my real IP address is not restored for some time, even after the restart. Shows the subsidiary provider. We have to wait a while.
The big cost of a lifetime license.

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

Easy to Use VPN Service with Vast Amount of Servers

Pros

With security being of our top priorities in our office, we have Windscribe installed on each one of our office computers. While it would be reasonable to think that any VPN would have a massive effect on the connection quality to our computers, with Windscribe that effect is minimal to non-existent. They have an extensive server farm that ensures that regardless of your location, you will be able to connect to a server that is within a short distance, especially in the United States.

Cons

One thing that can be frustrating at times, is the feature on the software that is supposed to connect your device to the closest possible server. This feature, at times, can fail to connect to the closest server but this typically happens when using a mobile device that is consistently connecting to different cell towers. While the effect of connecting to a slightly further server is small, it can get quite annoying to have to manually select the best server location.

TunnelBear and IPVanish
Prabhjit

Reviewed on 31/05/2023

Best VPN for all your needs!

This is a reliable software for maximizing my security. It allows me to change my IP Address and that helps me to take my internet browsing game to the next level. The overall experience has been great and I've never faced any problems or disconnect issues.

Pros

Everyone like us who works hard in an office encounters days where they are blocked from some websites they really need it for their work. In situations like this, Windscribe VPN comes to the rescue. With support for multiple countries, and the ability to connect to any selected country in mins Windscribe VPN is truly the ultimate solution for all your needs. You can use it to access a blocked website or just to change your IP Address if you need it for doing something. Would definitely recommend never had any problems with my connection and everything works flawlessly.

Cons

Even though the pricing is mid level, the company can work on providing more options or giving access to more countries for free so that more people can join the platform. Other than that I have no complaints!

Reviewed on 1/12/2021

An Underrated VPN

Overall my experience with Windscribe has been overly positive. For the first year I used my 60 gigabytes of free data per month without much problem. Unfortunately that case may not be the same as yours, and you may only have a maximum of 30 gigabytes of free data per month, but the packages that you can build are very versatile for any income. As of right now I'm paying $2/month for unlimited data for VPN which is a great price.

Pros

One of the things I liked about this software is just how simple it is to use. I created an account, installed the program and with one click of a button it did what I needed it to do. It's as easy as flipping a switch, because that's exactly all that was needed to get it to work. It's also free to download and create an account, and on top of that I was given the chance to get more gigabytes of data by doing small things like adding a phone number or referring people. I have about 60 gigabytes of data to use every month without spending a penny. But it's also fairly cheap compared to most VPNs. You can build your own plan as cheap as $2/month for unlimited data usage.

Cons

What I liked least about this software is its limited data usage. Normally you would get about 20 gigabytes of data per month for a free account. There's also few worldwide servers to connect to for a free account, only one or two Canadian and American servers.

Reviewed on 6/08/2019

Securely surf the net even in repressive areas

Pros

It works even in regions where VPNs don't, I was in an asian country that has this thing against VPNs and it was just working, was in Zimbabwe and social networks and VPNs were once blocked and it was still working so that's definitely great
Their free data is great and the unlimited data is much better
It's still just as fast unlik some connections that slow down when it's vpn
No configuration hassles just username and password and you good to go
This is besides the point but I like the memes they send in their emails lol

Cons

At time the firewall the blocks traffic can just turn on while I'm not connected and I can spend a bit of time not knowing why my browser keeps saying Blocked Access
My PC would crash when I'd turn it on, on a network with Sophos equipment, I don't know why... maybe it was a Wifi drivers thing also.

Joshua
Joshua
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 8/03/2021

Pretty Solid Entry-Level VPN

Windscribe has worked beautifully for my needs as someone who only needs to use a VPN every now and then on a once- or twice-a-week basis. It connects quickly and the speeds are pretty solid for my needs.

Pros

Windscribe is a very easy-to-use VPN client. I hadn't used a VPN before, but Winscribe came highly recommended after doing a little research. Windscribe's free tier offers a solid amount of data and you get email alerts when your data has reset. For someone like me who doesn't use VPN 24/7 but needs it at times, Windscribe's free option is a perfect starting point!

Cons

As is to be expected, Windscribe's free tier is a bit lacking in features. Data is limited, as are your VPN server options. When subscribed, you have much more control over which VPN server you'd like to use, as well as higher data caps.

Richard

Reviewed on 10/09/2021

Powerful VPN software for both Phone and PC.

I really like the application, it runs well, doesn't crash. It has good quality updates. I'm a fan of Winscribe and would struggle to move to another VPN,

Pros

I like both the phone app and pc software. Both applications are feature packed and do a fabulous job. It is always quick to connect and reliable. It has a good list of countries to hide your location behind. It has a well designed UI, no adverts and wasn't expensive at all. Then again, I purchased this when it was a brand new release and relatively unknown. I got a lifetime licence for hardly any cost.

Cons

I can only think of one feature that I would like to see added into this program, the ability to allow the application to select a random country to connect to.

Fidel
Fidel
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 6/11/2019

Great VPN

I have been using Windscribe for the past year and so far I am very satisfied it's a really good VPN at a very competitive price.

Pros

Windscribe is one of the best VPN in the market with a good selection of servers to choose from, their mobile app is really good and easy to use.

Cons

Although they have a great mobile and Windows app, they only offer a command-line utility for Linux systems.

Reviewed on 9/04/2019

A VPN You Can Rely On For A Reasonable Price

A VPN is essential these days for both Privacy and Security. Windscribe delivers both. But a VPN is no good if it slows you down. Windscribe speeds are the best I've seen after trying over six other VPNs.

Pros

Fast speeds, easy configuration for all platforms, transparent once it's installed and running, keeps you private and secure with no leaks.

Cons

Customer service could be a little more responsive. However, you rarely need them, and they mentioned on their reddit that they are adding support staff.

Markus

Reviewed on 8/07/2022

Just the free Version is already usefull

I am fully satisfied with the VPN from Windscribe. It fullfill my needs and the WINDSCRIBE VPN was finally exactly that what I was looking for

Pros

That it have 10 GB free Volume per Month to use and that it works without any BUGS etc...Til now not once any Problems with interrupted Connections etc.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing to criticize eg. to rate as "worst" or something else...really, Top Product!

Amin
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 25/05/2021

Well-developed VPN software

Overall, the software works great and 99% of the time can successfully connect to the chosen server. It is a good VPN software and I recommend it to my friends.

Pros

This is a well designed VPN software that has many servers and works most of the time.

Cons

There are some times that none of the servers works although you have a premium account.

Sandesh
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 18/04/2021

One of the most convenient VPN out there

It is overall a very nice software and the cons i found can easily be fixed in some updates in front end design part.
It technically hasnt done a loss for me only turned out to be useful.

Pros

Windscribe gives different servers for each region and specifically showing latency before connecting to that server.
It gives well information on connecting and disconnecting from any server.
The servers were hardly down.
And on top of all these we get 10 gb volume every month with all the pros.

Cons

Sometimes the best location/server fails to provide the best one for me.
The windscribe user interface does need a refresh in my opinion.

Ben
Ben
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 6/01/2020

A Good Consumer VPN with a Free Option

Windscribe is generally trouble-free software - quick to install, easy to use, and does what it's meant to. Having used lots of VPNs this is one I would recommend, especially for occasional users who'd rather not pay for a subscription.

Pros

Windscribe does everything a good consumer VPN needs to do, and it also has a nice simple menu-bar interface. It offers a reasonable amount of traffic (10GB) per month, which is adequate if, like me, you only need a VPN for occasional use, such as when on public wifi or quick trips. It is simple and effective and doesn't noticeably slow down my internet connection.

Cons

Very occasionally I seem to lose connectivity and have to disconnect and reconnect, but this doesn't happen frequently enough to be a major problem. Also the interface feature to change the country to connect to doesn't always seem as intuitive as it could be.

Ryan

Reviewed on 25/01/2019

The VPN that's worth switching to.

I have felt a lot more secure using this service while also enjoying the ability to check other sites.

Pros

Simplicity, prices, speeds, ways to pay and the anonymity while using the service.

Cons

The "mine for upgrades" method used for buying premium.

Andrea
Andrea

Reviewed on 11/04/2018

Absolutely amazing!

Pros

Working as a freelancer or working overseas sometimes makes it difficult to do your work effectively because of the distance. Windscribe helps me do my job as good as I was working right there at the office.

Cons

It's so hard to describe how much it helps you. It's so useful and easy to use. You really don't need to be an expert to use it and gives you great results!!