Sage Fixed Assets Reviews

About Sage Fixed Assets

Manage your fixed assets from acquisition to disposal with our best-in-class, comprehensive solution, Sage Fixed Assets. Capture, track, transfer, and depreciate your fixed assets with cost-saving, risk-reducing accuracy. Sage...

4.2
4.1
3.9

Browse Sage Fixed Assets Reviews

Reviewed on 28/08/2018

Easy and High Functioning

Pros

Sage Fixed Assets has been able to fulfill all needs I've had while tracking multiple companies fixed assets. The interface and reports are well laid out. Customer Service team has been very helpful.

Cons

It does become very slow as a large amount of assets are added to a database. Some changes to individual assets trigger other changes without alerting the user - such as changing depreciation type can change estimated life.

Cecelia
  • Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Reviewed on 4/05/2023

Excellent fixed asset software

Pros

We like how easy it is to use. There are times we have many assets to use or purchase a new company, Sage Fixed Assets provides the ability to upload this information from an Excel spreadsheet. It saves many hours of typing each one in.

Cons

The inability to hold assets for sale and freeze depreciation at that point in time. When the sale actually happens it forces that additional months of depreciation on the asset. Therefore, reports are incorrect for depreciation and disposal. This is for USGaap and only affects Internal books.

Tricia
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Cannot updated

Pros

Sage Fixed assets is easy to set up and use.

Cons

I cannot update. I contacted Sage and the representative did not help me at all.

Top Sage Fixed Assets Alternatives

Rockey
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

My Two Bits

It has been great.

Pros

It depreciates properly. It has multiple books. Report writer allows for obtaining information in format we need. Cost is reasonable. Have used it for about 25 years - company is stable, software reliable. Best as I recall, have only need to contact support 2-3 times over the last 20 years.

Cons

I wish I would be notified by email or telephone call when there is an update/upgrade instead of having to go look for it. Best as I recall, takes longer than I would like to get support - I'm old and like to be able to call and speak with a human being within 5 minutes.

Jerry

I Can't Believe People Use EXCEL Rather Than SAGE for Fixed Assets

I have used SAGE Fixed Assets for 22 years and really like this software.

Pros

It is so forgiving - if you make a mistake - you just re-enter and re-calculate.

Cons

Too many leading Zeros for Account Numbers - Maybe My Fault!

Shelly
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 28/04/2023

Good software

Pros

The product is easy to learn and use. It offers a lot of features that ensure we can complete our desired tasks.

Cons

Functionality of projected depreciation could be improved to a more detailed level.

• Industry: Warehousing

Sage Fixed Assets

We handle our own tax depreciation. It is a significant savings over have an outside firm keep track for us.

Pros

30 year user -so it must be good.Use it for asset tracking and depreciation of internal books and for tax books.It works well for us.

Cons

Support used to be very good but is now not as easy to get to.We pay of the top level of support.Unfortunately that level of support no longer gets the immediate response.Top tier support is now what bottom tier support used to be.

Matthew
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 27/04/2023

Sage Fixed Assets

Sage Fixed Assets is a very good software for keeping track of your fixed assets and running depreciation. However, the customer service is not good.

Pros

Ability to keep track of all fixed assets in one location. Customizable reports

Cons

The annual cost of Sage Fixed Assets is high. Also, the customer service is not that good.

Microsoft Excel
Randy

Reviewed on 2/05/2023

Not happy with recent changes

Great until what appears to be a recent ownership change with Sage and now every little thin is an extra charge. We have some new employee is our IT department and to get help with updating our system with the 2023.1 updates we had to pay for a service upgrade just to get assistance with an update. This never us to happen. Not happen with this an having to pay over $3,000 to use Crystal reports FOR JUST ONE YEAR. It used to be included in the annual Sage FAS package.

Pros

GL Reporting makes creating the monthly journal entry easy.

Cons

Not happy with the Crystal Reports now being a separate product that the cost to update from the old version to the most recent version was ridiculous. When we first started using FAS it was include in the product. Also what should have been a 30-45 minute update to add CR to a new computer was 2-3 hours.

Lane

Sage Fixed Asets

It has served my practice and client support for decades. Made the old spreadsheet method of tracking client assets impractical.

Pros

The depth of the input makes the ability to get customized reports for tax reporting and personal property reports seamless. The completeness of the options for input to be able to insure that calculations are done in compliance with law.

Cons

I am disappointed that support has gone to online with no live option. There is also some confusion in making sure you maintain the product you initially purchased and are wanting to continue in support.

Chad

Reviewed on 14/03/2018

Sage has provided a solid fixed assets solution for our company.

Sage offers easy-to-use/read reports that are easily modified to a users preferences or needs. The software also provides a great solution for housing supporting documentation for each asset. This makes research easy and convenient.

Pros

Sage's strongest features are report creation, documentation ability and intuitiveness. Reports are sleek, complete and can be modified easily to meet any demands you may have, there are many options available to support documentation efforts (ie. attaching images or pdfs, additional fields for entering specific information) and the product's ease of use requires little time for users to get "up to speed."

Cons

Reports take a considerable amount of time to load based on the simplicity of many of the reports we use. Based on the other abilities of the software, I would expect reports to be generated a little quicker.

Laurence

Reviewed on 9/05/2023

Sage Fixed Assets helped align our asset information with a new accounting structure

We have used Sage Fixed Assets for over 20 years and have always found it easy to use, configurable, and it provides all of the information we require for assets of any type.Due to a financial accounting software conversion many of the previously defined data fields changed. We were able to export all assets and change the field definitions to be comparable to the new GL parameters. The corrected values were uploaded to the existing company and reports now properly reflect the current accounting structure.

Pros

It is customizable to whatever purpose is required. Additional user fields allow for extra data fields that are not part of the available predefined fields.Data Exports are customizable for specific data fields needed in special reports

Cons

There are so many standard reports available it can sometimes be difficult determining which one provides the best information.

Anna
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 9/05/2023

Great for fixed asset management-10/10

The calculation of depreciation expense is very easy and makes our month end process so much smoother than manually calculation!

Pros

Product is easy to use and implement. We use it to calculate monthly depreciation and run monthly and yearly reports.

Cons

I can't really say anything that I don't like about this product. It is very easy to use.

Andy

Reviewed on 5/05/2023

Sage Fixed Assets provides the accuracy and dependability we need

Sage Fixed Assets is the tool we use to keep track of our assets, provide depreciation and gain/loss on the sale of assets.

Pros

The ease of data entry and reporting; the fact that the different tax books are together on the same screen for the entry of new assets.

Cons

There may be a small learning curve for a new user in that filtering criteria in reports are based on the definition of the group being reported on, not on the report itself. Group definitions are versatile and easy to maintain.

Jim

Reviewed on 10/05/2023

Tax Director Ponders Sage

The business problem we solved with SAGE has been to handle a large amount of information to prepare Federal tax depreciation. I don't know how else we'd get it done!Thank you SAGE!

Pros

We use SAGE to prepare Tax Depreciation. It works very well to perform a very complex function. With education and experience, you can populate SAGE and make a variety of steps to meet a lot of needs for tax reporting. I love the Reports function, which makes it easy to get some forms.

Cons

I struggle to figure out how to get help from SAGE when needed. A webinar, "how to" document or 800 number for support would help greatly.

Sam
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 28/04/2023

Sage Fixed Assets are teh best!

Good product but upgrades are more painful than they should be.

Pros

Easy to group assets for better reporting and analysis.

Cons

Still have to bring deprecation JE into excel to get it to post to our ERP software.

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Awesome Fixed Asset Management Software

Pros

I like that it user friendly. The PDFs and exporting of reports are a plus, too.

Cons

One thing I wish the lower pricing categories had the consolidated reports when you multi-companies setup in a database.

Monique
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 4/05/2023

Easy to use & great way to track assets

We use Sage to track all our assets. It is very useful in calculating and tracking our depreciation. The customized reports that you can create are a great feature.

Pros

The depreciation feature is what I like most. As well as the reports for various things. The system is super easy to navigate. I would highly recommend it to anyone. I wasn't involved on the integration of our system.

Cons

I have not found any things I don't like about Sage. I find all the features I use to be easy and very useful.

Naila
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 15/05/2023

Depreciation

Pros

This product is easy to use but its not integrated to our ledger system.

Cons

export to excel function is not user friendly.

Shane

Reviewed on 27/04/2023

Good affordable solution

Just an effective way for us to track our fixed assets and identify assets that need to be located or be disposed of.

Pros

Very easy product to use, timely updates, and easy to use forecasting tools, and all of the reports we need

Cons

We have not seemlessly incorporated this system into our core accounting system. Journal entries are produced by the software but are manually keyed into our core accounting system.

Laird
  • Industry: Plastics

Great companion for Sage

I don't think of Sage Assets at all. And that's how it should be IMHO. It does it's job year in and year out.

Pros

Sage fixed assets has allowed us to track depreciation and assets for nearly 20 years. Never had a problem with upgrading or keeping pace as our needs and company grow.

Cons

User interface could be a little more intuitive in a few areas. However once you get a routine it is easy.

Karen

Sage Fixed Assets Review

This is the second company that has utilized this product in the accounting department of the bank. It was nice to have familiarity with it, and it makes my job easier.

Pros

We utilize the majority of the functionality in a month, it is easy to use, and I like that it is all centrally located and that the customer service reps when needed are extremely helpful.

Cons

I do not have anything that I dislike about the Safe Fixed Assets product.

bao

Expensive on Renewal

Pros

capable of some BI reports. Some Crystal reports build in that are useful

Cons

price is too expensive for renewal. Together with Sage100, they should give customers umbrella discounts.

Josh

Reviewed on 3/05/2023

It's easy when you know how and when you have the right tool

It is good overall.

Pros

The user interface, setting up templates and the asset replicate features are all very helpful.

Cons

We use the network server version and the whole update process can be tricky. Especially since it is usually once a year. It is just enough time where you forget the process of how to do it properly. Back up database, update server, update user, link database, etc...

Reviewed on 5/12/2017

Nice software to track assets and depreciation.

Pros

Easy to use and good support. Easy to upgrade and built in reports are very useful. Does not cost a lot of money compared to other offerings.

Cons

Does not tie in to any other software that we use so everything has to be manually inputted and deleted.