Yodeck Reviews

4.9

4.9
Visit Website

About Yodeck

Yodeck is an award-winning cloud-based digital signage solution that helps organizations of all sizes create amazing digital signs in minutes. Voted #1 easiest to use, it’s a breeze to upload and schedule all types of media,...

4.8

Browse Yodeck Reviews

2,200 of 2,200 reviews
Mischa
Mischa

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Easy to set up a visitor dashboard.

We are displaying information to our visiting guests and employee's.
Some aerial shots of the building, live traffic and public transport information in addition to the local weather forecast.
For our visiting guests, we have some information about the solar panels and the real time power usage of our building.

Pros

Yodeck is easy to set up, but has a lot of additions if you want to use all the features.
We use the monitor in our business every day, Yodeck is easy to switch on for the ladies at the front desk.
We turn off the monitor every day due to power usage, but if you are less concious about that and want to switch playlists of switch a monitor off depending on the time of the day that is absolutely possible.

Integration with other tools is pretty smooth, you can import URLS to display websites and have live traffic data for example.
I have not had any problems with customer support so far.

Cons

On the free plan, only one monitor is available.
If you do not use a raspberryPi, you have to set it up with a HDMI and a laptop, with a bigger monitor as your 2nd screen. However, sometimes the browser crashes and we have to reset. Takes about a minute before we're up again

Jeremy
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 29/01/2024

Quick and easy Digital signage

It has been great, we have had some issues with content not working correctly, and each time support have been fast to respond and just as quick to resolve.

Pros

Easy intuative layout design, with support for all the functions required by our business.

Cons

Livee previews, not correctly showing content, and not always the same aspect ratio meaning you may have to do some additional fine tuning to fit content onto your actual screen.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Reduce time needed in house to alter or write code to perform particular functions. We also liked the idea of using Yodeck on a raspberry pi to create a compact solution.

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

At the time, Yodeck ticked all the boxes for our requirements.
Charlotte

Reviewed on 24/01/2024

Yodeck keeps employees informed

This has been extremely helpful with improvement of our communication with our staff.

Pros

Helps to communicate hospital events to employees.

Cons

There are constant issues that causes the system to be off-line.

Top Yodeck Alternatives

Christina
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 9/12/2023

WYSIWYG Screen Content Manage Done Well

Pros

I love the simplicity of the publishing dashboard. You can literally work the user dashboard from concept to publishing within a couple of minutes in so many cases. I also love that updates can be done from my phone to prepare welcomes for arriving board members, surprise parties for employees who are celebrating high-year milestone service anniversaries, and even put up QR codes for pulse surveys that we need our employees to engage with immediately. Yodeck alsoo allows us to prioritize messages. It also allows us to toggle with how long we want a piece of content to appear on screen compared to another piece which can enable our employees with as much time as they need to receive the message. Multi-Location feature gives a level of detail that I didn’t even know I needed until it was presented to me. Some locations within our footprint don’t need to see certain messages, and this functionality allows us to skip publishing to their location’s device. Being able to customize what content you want to appear on screen is one thing, but the option to run a news banner, weather forecast, and the local time in the corner is icing on the cake. It makes for a dynamic experience, drawing eyes to the screen and creating an interesting and refreshing experience for our employees every time. Finally, sheduling is extremely helpful for initiatives, events and activities that are bound by a window of time, and also convenient for me because I don’t have to physically go back into Yodeck and remove the content myself. It helps ensure messages to our employees don’t get stale.

Cons

Doesn’t include integrations into Microsoft 365 that we want our seamless employees to see or have access to. Also, does not use locations to auto-translate messages.

Staffbase and Appspace

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Lowest cost for the best experience. We get everything we need in Yodeck and can easily roll it out across the world to our 30+ sites.
Troy

Reviewed on 5/02/2024

FANTASTIC for our digital signage at the Y!

We switched to Yodeck from Screenly as we were no longer satisfied with the service they provided for the cost they charged. Upon finding Yodeck and discovering that having one monitor on the service is completely free to use, we signed right up. Since then the service has been phenomenal. There have been no outages/problems with the service that I can recall, and everything was so easy to learn and manipulate. Customer support (from the few times I've contacted them with questions) are incredible and very responsive as well. We are currently using Yodeck for free but if we ever expand to multiple monitors I wouldn't have a problem upgrading to a paid plan. It's definitely worth it!

Pros

Yodeck is incredibly easy to use, manipulate, and understand while supporting more file types and media types than any other digital signage service I've seen. We are currently only using one monitor so use the service for free but would have no problem purchasing the plans to support more monitors. The value of the service is worth it. Playlists are super easy to create and manage, and the types of media you can display are numerous. Definitely very satisfied with Yodeck as a service!

Cons

There is nothing that I actively dislike about Yodeck, however I do wish there was a way to put an mp3 in a regular playlist to have backing music. Maybe there is a way to do this that I haven't found yet, but I haven't been able to stick an mp3 in a regular playlist yet.

Brian
  • Industry: Restaurants
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 3/01/2024

Best bang for the buck digital signage

I have had nothing but great experience with them. I have had to reach out to support a couple times and they were always responsive.

Pros

The ease of implementation and the annual licensing cost was very attractive. The sign management interface is clean and easy to understand. I like that you can use your own hardware or if you pay annually the provide it for free.

Cons

Only place I would improve would be on the scheduling side. Separate the date and time files since if you are running it perpetually the date is not necessary in that field. It does create some confusing when setting the schedule.

Raydiant

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Much better interface and Skykit does not have a good real-time preview options. Plus for the Skykit solution I had to pay a cellular service to access my devices.

Skykit

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Raydiant was much more expensive even though it does has some additional features. The devices on Raydiant were much more expensive as well.
Arnold

Reviewed on 16/12/2023

A hidden gem in the digital signage world

Pros

Yodeck is truly a hidden gem in the digital signage/CMS world. It's packed with thousands of (beautiful) pre-built templates and overall the player and product itself are extremely easy to set up. I also greatly appreciate their partnership program and flexibility for companies like ours that are just starting out in the space. Their knowledgebase articles and documentation are also very thorough and well put together. I've had to submit one support ticket, and my question and issue was resolved quickly.

I would highly recommend their solution to both established and new companies alike.

Cons

The initial learning curve, however that is expected as of any solution or technology. It would be nice to see further customization for their apps, ie. Social Media wall, etc.

OptiSigns, Raydiant and Atmosphere TV

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Ease of entry. Yodeck is offering a professional, "beautiful" digital signage solution that can help newer companies get established quickly, without investing time building templates from scratch. Their hardware players and templates "just work".
Marc
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 15/01/2024

Yodeck in Company Environment

Pros

It's easy to set up, easy to use and the first screen is free forever!

Cons

The Way you design your split screen and design your templates

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

We wanted more and more accessible functionality and found everything we needed in Yodeck.

Xibo
Ben

Reviewed on 17/01/2024

Easy to manage and setup

Easy to purchase, easy to setup and install, easy to manage. Well worth the small cost.

Pros

When purchasing the 1 year license we got the players included and opted for the small uplift for the better RPi's. They came with our Wi-Fi details pre-set so we just got them out the box, asset stickered them and put them to work. Managing the players is easy and marketing find the content management much more efficient than our old solution.

Cons

We had to pay import duty on the players as they are not dispatched from within the UK. This was an unexpected cost.

Christian
  • Industry: Food Production
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 27/12/2023

Yodeck Saved us From Trash Tier Digital Signage

Love the platform, but what I really love is the support. Not only were they extremely helpful and fast at solving my problems. They were even quick to kick issues up to the dev/engineering team and have features added or fixed software side within days. I have never had that kind of experience in my life with a software company.

Pros

The web designer is very clean and easy to work with. That being said the features of the designer are basically as advanced as you are willing to put the work in for.

Cons

Some documentation for specific hardware are unclear. For example I am using Tyzen based devices, I tried to deploy an RTSP stream as it is presented in the docs as a working feature. I then reached out to support only to find that this feature does not work on the Tyzen platform yet. Wish I got hit with a warning or something while deploying the layout.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Our digitalsignage.com account was being managed by a contractor. Support, software, and hardware were all equally horrendous.

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Your support was by far better, and the platform was cleaner to hand off to our employees.
Joakim
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 25/04/2023

Perfect solution for easy to manage signage

Pros

Coming from a Windows-based setup with Powerpoint-slides that never autoplayed the way they were supposed to and retired a lot of hands on, Yodeck was a real blessing for our lobby. Running on Raspberry PI was no issues, and the whole setup was done in less than 30 minutes.We can quickly edit our signage, set up layouts that work with our corporate branding, and also use widgets to display news and weather to our visitors. Compared to other systems, I must say that this is a very potent solution that fit our small business perfectly. Scaling it up would be no issue since the management interface is very sleek.

Cons

There is a slight learning curve to the layout designing which might scare a casual user. However, in cases where we felt that we couldn't produce what we required in Yodeck we simply create the slide in Photoshop and upload that and push it to our players, which works very well.

Jeff

Reviewed on 2/10/2023

Yodeck IS the answer for K12 schools looking to use digital signage

Excellent product, excellent customer service and value for the powerful solution that Yodeck provides.

Pros

Yodeck is simple to setup, inexpensive and easy to manage. There isn't much of a learning curve with the Yodeck user interface and purchasing the players (we upgraded from the free players to the 4gb version for a nominal charge) from Yodeck is a plus and a must if you don't want to fool with setup. When I got my players, all I had to do was plug them into the screens, power them on and register them. Yodeck added our wifi settings and named the devices so that was great and meant a few less steps for me. Getting the content setup and figuring out scheduling, layouts, etc. was a breeze using the Yodeck tutorial videos. And when I did run into an issue, their online chat support was there to walk me through the solution quickly. There's really no negatives with Yodeck!

Cons

It took me a few trys to get the scheduling to work the way I needed it to. I just didn't understand exactly how it worked. But after a few tries and watching the tutorial, I got it to work and now it's working seamlessly for us.

Wallboard Display

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Google Chromebits are difficult to find AND Google Digital signage is very limited and not very user-friendly when you start adding lots of screens to your deployment.

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Pricing and ease of use. I set up a free screen using the Yodeck platform and discovered how easy it was and that sold me.
Ruru

Reviewed on 27/08/2023

YoDeck for the win

Thus far it has worked very well. More than well. Yodeck has been above and beyond what we were looking for.

Pros

What I like most about Yodeck is that it is easy to use and powerful enough to do what we need.

Cons

The only con is that Yodeck takes a bit longer than I would like to update content.

Square Point of Sale and 3PLEX

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Yodeck was quicker to use and faster implement than other platforms we have looked at.

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

It was simple and easy enough for all team members to use.
Forrest

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

Easiest Signage Ever

Implemented and used it for a couple years at my previous job (20 or so players). I am just now deploying it at my school district, so far we have 20 players, but that will grow fairly quickly.

Pros

Super easy to deploy. Super easy to sit someone who has never touched digital signage in front of the dashboard and start having them upload content on their screens. The documentation is very thorough, and the Youtube videos are very valuable.

Cons

Every once in a while I get a player out of the box that gets messed up during the initializing process and have to re-image the microsd card. Everything works fine after that. Very minor annoyance.

Barry
Barry
  • Industry: Plastics

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

A very simple-to-use, affordable, scalable setup for display screens

I've had a great experience with Yodeck and it was an easy sell for our organization. The cost is affordable, the customer service and tech support are FANTASTIC (even if only available via email), and we are very pleased with the 11 screens we have implemented thus far with Yodeck.

Pros

I love how easy the Yodeck app is to use. Tagging and scheduling content is EASY EASY EASY and works great!

Cons

I would like to see some improvements in the security with some of the widgets. I don't want to provide my login credentials for SharePoint, PowerBI, etc. to be able to use some of those widgets. There has to be a better (more secure) way...

ScreenCloud and Screenly

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Managing PCs, Windows, Office, etc. was expensive, time-consuming, and a pain.

Microsoft PowerPoint

Price, simplicity, Raspberry Pi players included
Simen
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 22/11/2023

Easy-breezey digital signage

Great. Very happy with the solution, and have no plans of changing.

Pros

Its easy to use with its intuitive UI, and it works exactly like we need it to work. Its helped us be efficient and opening up new revenue streams.

Cons

Nothing really. But if you're making me pick something it would have to be the fact that I cant perfectly sync 10 different monitors, so they all start playing their video at the exact same time. I would love to have 10 monitors that are standing next to eachother have a guy walking in between the screens seamlessly.

Peter
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 6/12/2023

Easy and great support!

Im more than happy with this system. It wont take alot of my time and it just works year after year.

Pros

The last 3 years i used the support 2-3 times.. Alway got a answer back in a couple of hours and with just help i needed. Never had to wait a long time or got any bad questions or suggestions that would take up my time.

Cons

If i got this question 2-3 years ago i would have said hardware support but in the last years they have also fixed this.. So i cant say that i have a lot of cons to bring up.

Randy
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 25/02/2022

Yodeck is a great solution for digital signage.

I have be using Yodeck for multiple locations for more than 3 years, and I am extremely satisfied with its capability.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. The flexibility to partition the display into custom size area with a variety of content and sources (external websites, YouTube, weather widgets, scrolling text, etc.)

Cons

I have not found an way to acknowledge or hide cookie and location messages that websites require users to confirm.

ScreenCloud and Mvix Digital Signage

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

We don't have a large budget and we use the signage for sharing information with employees and visitors. I have found Yodeck to be the best value in the market. We have not experienced any outages because of the software/device. Yodeck had all of the features that we need, and a lot more.
Maxim
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 2/02/2023

Great tool for internal communication

Pros

Nice management panel, see if the monitors are on or off. Also the shutting down and turning on screens on schedule saves the sceens panels (previous tool didn't have this option, which caused displays to broke after year or two)

Cons

No good Microsoft integrations, only Power BI. Would be great if OneDrive for Business, Teams or Sharepoint online integrations would work.

ScreenCloud

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Screenly didn't have integrations at all. Also Yodeck has very good deal order subscription, get Raspberry PI 4 player for free!

Screenly

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Yodeck had Raspberry Pi support, which is very good digital signage player.
Rafael
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 16/03/2023

IT Support

So far have had a great experience customer support has been very responsive and easy to implement. Hardware was received within 7 days from purchase.

Pros

Easy deployment and hardware versatility.

Cons

A drag and drop feature with the media library would be instead of the select and move. Nice to have but just as easy to move and relocate media. Also ran into an issue with PowerBi widget and was only to work around by publishing reports as an application and displaying as an application through powerbi.

ScreenCloud

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Easy of use and content deployment was consistently an issue.

Mvix Digital Signage

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Hardware functionality, familiarity and easier to replace. Warranty provided by Yodeck was also better in my opinion.
Christian

Reviewed on 7/09/2020

Digital signeage made easy

With Yodeck we can not only entertain and inform our customers in the waiting areas, but also have the opportunity to provide this service for our customers.

Thanks to the highly scalable structure of the system, not only can small individual solutions be created, but customers with multiple locations and company departments can also be wonderfully supplied.

We are currently working on connecting the shops of several petrol stations to our system built with Yodeck. The test operations for this are already running extremely promisingly.

Pros

The fact that each individual display can be provided with individual content or combined into groups and locations ensures that a wide range of solutions can be implemented.

The schedules and playlists are a particularly powerful tool for delivering the right content to the right place at the right time.
With yodeck this is solved much more efficiently than we know from other systems.

User roles and work areas make it possible for technically less experienced people to provide content for the displays without jeopardizing the security and functionality of the entire system.
Anyone who knows other solutions knows that this cannot be taken for granted.

We are happy to now not only be able to use the various possibilities ourselves, but also to have found an extremely interesting new product for our customers.

Cons

In the beginning, some processes were much more complex, not clearly explained, poorly labeled or misleadingly translated. In addition, some functions that were important to us were missing.

However, since the software is continuously being improved, these problems could gradually be resolved, so that Yodeck has now become a powerful tool at a fair price that flexibly adapts to the needs of the users.

For digital menu boards, we would like to be able to show and hide content in an animated manner and to move it across the screen with keyframes, a timeline or such.

Stewart
Stewart
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 6/11/2023

Yodeck Digital Signage: The Game-Changer at Andrew Johnson Golf Club's Front Door

Walking into Andrew Johnson Golf Club, you're immediately greeted by more than just the friendly staff — an innovative and dynamic Yodeck digital signage platform welcomes you, seamlessly blending technology with the timeless charm of the game.

As a centerpiece in our foyer, the digital signage does more than just catch the eye. It serves as a pivotal source of information, from displaying the club's calendar to detailing the hours of operation. But it doesn't stop there. For our members and guests looking to join in on the competitive fun, the latest tournament updates and scramble information are presented in clear, vibrant visuals, ensuring everyone is in the loop and ready to tee off.

A key feature we particularly appreciate is the real-time course conditions and weather updates. This allows our golfers to prepare for their round with just a glance, setting the tone for an exceptional day on the greens. The user-friendly interface of the Yodeck platform means that our staff can update and manage content with ease, ensuring that information is not just timely but also accurate and well-presented.

Invaluable is not a term we use lightly, but for the Yodeck digital signage at Andrew Johnson Golf Club, it fits perfectly. The versatility and efficiency of the platform have elevated our communication, creating an interactive and engaging experience for everyone who walks through our doors. It's not just a tool; it's an integral part of our club's commitment to excellence and member satisfaction.

We wholeheartedly recommend Yodeck to any establishment looking to enhance their guests' experience with professional, reliable, and state-of-the-art digital signage. For us, it's a clear hole-in-one!

Cons

In the spirit of a fair review, it's worth considering any drawbacks of the Yodeck digital signage platform. However, in the two years since its installation at Andrew Johnson Golf Club, the system has operated flawlessly, with no notable issues to report. The one instance where we required assistance, the hiccup was swiftly and efficiently resolved by their responsive support staff. While some may yearn for a con to weigh against the many pros, our experience has been so positive that finding fault seems more like searching for a needle in a well-kept fairway. Yodeck has proven to be a reliable and robust solution for our digital communication needs.

Pete
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

User Friendly

Other than some hiccups with initially receiving our players, and again with ordering some more, we have enjoyed using Yodeck a lot. It's easily accessible from any internet connected device, updates and changes can be seen within a minute on the screens, they were very easy to install, and have very user-friendly software that is updated a lot. Out of our 30 players we have only had two that began to crash and with a simple software flash we had them back up and running in about an hour and they have had no problems since.

Pros

We integrated Yodeck into our arena quickly and easily. From set up to daily updates and changes, it has been a very easy system to use. Adding graphics, changing schedules, building layouts are all very easy to do compared to other media players we have tried and if we have had any problems they are very quick to respond.

Cons

There were a few issues at first with their software being user friendly, but they are constantly updating and almost everything I had a problem with at first has been fixed. The scheduling can take some time to get used to, and the way the stored media is displayed when building a playlist can get sloppy.

Linda
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 25/08/2023

Great Digital Signage Software Without Huge Expense

I started using Yodeck by purchasing a monitor for $80 and getting 1 TV display with no monthly fee. I didn't have a good start up, but after a different CSR thought I might have a bad cable, I was up & running in minutes when I received the new cable. We loved it so much, that we purchased the monthly package & got a 2nd monitor for free for our dining room to run a whole different set of "slides" in there. Now we're up & running for several months now without issue. I wish you could have some monitors on a seasonal package & others on a year-round package. We would add additional monitors if that was a feature, but we only use our patio from mid-May to mid-September, so can't justify paying for a whole year for that area. We are very happy with Yodeck other than that.

Pros

Love that I can update & schedule our specials for the foyer off-premise & still see what it looks like with a picture from the monitor. An especially helpful tool is the ability to schedule different playlists at different times. So when a lunch special ends at 4pm, Yodeck automatically uses a different playlist that was scheduled to start at 4pm.

Cons

I had a little bit of a struggle with starting up Yodeck. My first CSR kept insisting it was something wrong with the TV and quite honestly I quit using it for many months out of frustration. After answering an email about how I felt about Yodeck & expressing my frustration, a different CSR worked with me & come to find out I had a bad cable. He sent me a new cable & "boom", we were in business.

Reviewed on 15/01/2021

Perfect Balance of Features/Reliability/Price for Digital Signage

Using it for a nationwide digital signage network. Content is web based. Very Happy with performance and pricing.

Pros

Best digital signage platform for displaying websites and HTML5 content. Raspberry Pi 4 expanded RAM options make a huge difference for complex visualizations!

Cons

A little technical to set up for the average user. Its worth the tradeoff for power in my opinion though.

OnSign TV

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Pricing, and support for web content.

OnSign TV