Dotdigital Reviews

About Dotdigital

dotdigital Engagement Cloud is a cloud-based email marketing solution designed for medium and large enterprise customers that offers email design, scheduling and campaign analytics within a suite. This solution offers contact...

4.1

Browse Dotdigital Reviews

Simon
Simon
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 28/09/2018

Email Marketing Managed.

Pros

I cannot sing the praises of Dotmailer enough, by far the best email marketing tool out there. All our outbound promotional email marketing is managed through the portal along with several of our clients too

Cons

Not being able to create our own bespoke auto responses without contacting Dotmailer themselves to do it.

Samantha
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Best Emailing Software

Pros

The ease of use. Setting up the design of emails is super easy compared to other softwares I've used. When I used Bronto Iwould have to set up the template using code. But on dotmailer I can easily drag and drop photos and text wherever I please and can quickly adjust colors, boarders, and spacing. It also has unique dynamic content options allowing you to pull things from your site and display them on the email. My favorite dynamic content feature is how you are able to have images/text change depending on who is opening the email. I often would send out offers with domestic only shipping and a separate one for international shipping, but using dotmailer I can have these both in the same email but depending on where I customer is located they see the offer relevant to them.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about Dotmailer is that when sending an email to a specific group of contacts you are unable to choose another group of contacts to exclude from the send. (So overlapping contacts won't receive an email)

Judson
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 30/08/2017

A great platform, if this was 2009 and not 2017

A lesson in vetting platforms that claim to be solutions more thoroughly before proceeding. Other than that, I cannot think of another benefit.

Pros

The analytics on each email campaign. It is nice to get a visual report following the performance of the email campaign.

Cons

Other than the campaign reports, I have a problem with just about everything else with this platform, particularly the customer service but I suppose that that is not the question here. The platform itself is wildly outdated, seemingly by intention because they will offer you custom templates but with an extremely high cost and they will request that you fill out so much information that you've already done half of the work for them. The drag-and-drop feature is not unique in 2017, which I see is the most frequent positive thing others have to say about it, but the fact that there is no auto-save is absolutely absurd. The platform is also buggy when trying to adjust background colors and with editing photos post-upload. Raising issues to customer service only led to them pointing fingers at me for supposedly not knowing how to use the product and not even once led to a solution.

Top Dotdigital Alternatives

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 19/09/2019

The Best Customer Support

It has been amazing! Their customer support has been bar none! Everytime I have a question someone is a quick chat away and if it's more in depth a ticket is promptly made and taken care of.

Pros

The platform is intuitive and easy to use. The email templates are drag and drop and the possibilities you can do with programs are endless.

Cons

Although the email templates are easy to use, I wish there was a little more customization available.

Mackenzie
Mackenzie
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Have not used to the full extent, but full of capabilities

Pros

The most used function of dotmailer for our organization currently is the automation. Using Facebook primarily for leads, it is nice that we can link up these systems to hit leads in their email right when we get them. We are going to start using dotmailer for newsletters and such, but this requires a little more learning on their site which I have just not had time to do yet. I do like designing emails in dotmailer, and once you have a basic format, it is pretty seamless.

Cons

It does take a little time to learn. We originally got dotmailer because it was recommend by a consultant we were working with. We are no longer working with this consultant, so the system was passed onto me. Since I was not working with it in the beginning, there was a learners curve in adjusting to a new email system. I have not yet set up our website leads to automatically go into the dotmailer system as it seems like this can be a process that might take a little more time. I wish dotmailer paired a little easier with CRMs and other sites, such as word press, just to save a little time.

Jonathan
Jonathan

Reviewed on 30/01/2023

DotDigital is a great email marketing suite

I've used dotdigital for many years now across a couple of businesses and its improved massively over the years, while always building off the basis of a simple to use drag and drop interface.

Pros

Building emails is very easy through the drag and drop interface, and sending They are continually adding in more features (SMS, transactional emails) though a lot of these are additional cost add ons, and sometimes not easy to understand to a new user.

Cons

Image management is one of the main areas that could do with improvement - it can be incredibly clunky to use and time consuming to drop in new images, or delete old ones.

Chante
Chante

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Dotmailer does a great job!

I use Dotmailer to stay in contact with our clients current and new. I love using the automation feature to get our surveys out with out several steps.

Pros

The ease of use if what I like the most about the software. I can build a campiagn quickly and easily.

Cons

I would like it if the learning curve for the automation was a bit smaller. It took me awhile to get the hang of how the design feature works.

Stacey
Stacey
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Dotmailer is EASY PEASY!

Dotmailer has enabled us to connect our CRM system with our webstore (magento) tool. It has made segmenting easy and seemless. Love it!

Pros

The software is easy to use and the drop and drag features make this simple for anyone to learn. I can create a new template in minutes.

Cons

Not much to be honest. I have not had any issues with it so can't really say anything negative.

Basiirat
Basiirat
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 23/08/2018

Dotmailer drivers our email marketing campaigns.

We use Dotmailer to maintain a close relationship with our customers via emails,even when they are not currently patronizing us. Ensuring they will always have us in mind.

Pros

We migrated to Dotmailer from Bronto late last year and the difference was immediately clear. Dotmailer provides a clean and organized user interface making it very intuitive and thus helpful for users, especially new users. I love the drag and drop email creation feature and this makes it easier for us to create our weekly newsletter as against having to create newsletters from scratch.
The option to send sms to our contacts is an added bonus for Dotmailer.

Cons

I sometime experience Lag on the Dotmailer website. Also when working on newsletters,it will be great for work to be autosaved,ensuring if I suddenly get disconnected from the internet ; I do not need to start all over again.

Rony
Rony

Reviewed on 28/08/2018

Great tool

Pros

Dotmailer is very flexible and you will have a lot of options for your e-mail campaigns.

Cons

The cost of course. Its not for everyone and especially if you have a large e-mail base.

Ade

Reviewed on 1/02/2022

Great Email Marketing Tool - Not impressed with Support

We used the platform to target audiences with well-tailored content at the right time, and also create automations that truly work.

Pros

It is a very great email marketing platform with drag and drop email builder plus great templates too. The interface is very clean and easy to use.

Even a complete newbie can create an impressive email campaign with Dotdigital

Cons

There was a time we needed to speak with a member of the support team to resolve a pressing issue but it took a long time to resolve it. Asides that, I have no dislikes while using the platform for email marketing.

Mohammad

Reviewed on 10/06/2022

Excellent campaign management and engagement platform

Pros

- It is very easy to use with great UX/UI.
-Drag and drop builder for landing pages and emails
-Support is another great thing about dotdigital
-Straightforward marketing automation, nothing too complicated
-I like how easy it is to segment the data (audiences)
-Great for AB testing campaigns

Cons

-Does require a little of knowledge for CSS for managing custom designs
-Very basic forms
-It is expensive as compared to other competitors providing high-quality features and competitive pricing than dotdigital
-Limitations on customization for the reports

Tom

Reviewed on 7/02/2023

Dotdigital works for us

Personally I have had a great experience with Dotdigital

Pros

Dotdigital is a fantastic platform for digital marketing and communication. Its user-friendly interface allows for seamless integration of various marketing channels such as email, SMS, and social media. The automation features make it easy to create and execute targeted campaigns, saving time and increasing efficiency.

Cons

While Dotdigital offers a variety of useful features for digital marketing, there are also some drawbacks to consider. One potential downside is the cost, as some users may find the pricing to be on the higher side compared to similar platforms.

Rustan

Reviewed on 16/02/2018

We love Dotmailer. It's easy to use, cost-effective, and has the features that benefit our...

Pros

List segmentation and data gathering make it easy for us to target the people who are most likely to buy. The development team works hard to continuously improve the platform, so there are lots of new features with each release, so it feels like it's never getting stagnant or underperforming from other platforms on the market.

Cons

My only disappointment was in onboarding we weren't brought up to speed on best practices in "warming up" our list, so we destroyed our sender reputation, had to start over, and still probably didn't do it quite right. Intense training upfront on this subject would be most helpful to new users.

Autumn
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 24/08/2018

Dotmailer Review 8.24.18

Pros

Email builder is fairly easy to use for non-graphic designers.

Cons

-Email builder is not efficient if the creative is designed outside of the platform. ie in photoshop.
-Certain default functions cannot be turned off, overall adding more time to campaign building. ie padding automatically added to uploaded blocks.
-Reporting is not as extensive as it should be - I should be able to look at a certain period of time and know exactly how many new subscribers we received in that period. People who have subscribed - not just emails add
-Asset gallery is just plain bad UX as you cannot read the full name of the assets in the gallery and the organization of the assets is too segmented. Also, layout of gallery is not good.

• Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Powerful with Some Flaws

dotmailer is a great platform that allows for some powerful means of mass messaging/emailing. It took my company quite some time to get onboarded because of the degree of difficulty in setting up the automated campaigns. It would be highly recommended if the interface was cleaned up a bit and the overall UX was better.

Pros

dotmailer has the ability to do most of what you will need out of a marketing automation platform. It can send automated campaigns via email, SMS message and even Facebook Messenger. Once the programs are up and running it is a powerful tool in a company's marketing mix.

Cons

There are two areas that need some improvement. The first is the overall UX. The interface is clunky and sometimes difficult to navigate. Once a user gets a feel for it things get easier, but anytime there's a new functionality I need to explore it takes some time to get the proper feel for it.

Claire
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 7/05/2018

Easy to use with great support.

Pros

It's intuitive and powerful. I can build an automated program to do anything I can imagine with my contacts. The only limits are within the quality of my own data or imagination. If I'm ever stuck on what to do I can get a knowledgable rep on chat within seconds to help.

Cons

The integration with Magento 2.0 leaves something to be desired. It does not pull in sale prices (only MSRP) and it's glitchy to modify the product blocks that pull in dynamic content.

Reviewed on 15/02/2018

Very good, when we are experiencing issues, it doesn't matter the day or hour, the support...

Pros

Its drag and drop feature is very helpful, also saving templates is another feature i like about the program.

Cons

reporting are to general, i wish the report could be seen by a specific time frame, this helps check how our users react to our emails in the long run.

Reviewed on 13/01/2018

Advanced email software and easy to use

Pros

Amazing features and functionality like split testing, geolocation reports, dynamic content and easy to use templates.

Cons

It is expensive when you start integrating the product with your own CRM system as you have to pay a separate synching fee.

Melanie

Reviewed on 26/09/2017

Best i've used, but does need some updating.

Pros

Super easy to use. Love how I can add as many images as I need. Great ability to edit the images inside of dotmailer.

Cons

Need better feedback on bounces and then a solution on how we can fix those. Spam check should be included in price too.

Christen

Reviewed on 2/05/2018

Easy to use, but wish there was more cross functionality

Pros

It is very easy to use... just drag and drop. The pre-done work flows help out a lot when trying to set up new triggered emails.

Cons

You are not able to add in a background image, the emails sent out look boxy and not modern. The only way to accomplish a modern design it to create images of the whole email that ultimately gets put in the junk bin due to the amount of images.

Taylor
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 26/09/2017

easy, exciting, valuable, and fun!

800% increase in revenue from abandoned carts, compared to our old program
Simple and easy segmentation and no need to manually segment people in an excel sheet.

Pros

The level of segmentation you can get down to is amazing and beneficial. Segmentation has proven to be a huge success for us in our emails.

The program feature because you can set up many programs and and let them run right away with no hassle.

With our past software, we had to manually send a lot of things including abandoned carts and review requests, and it was a long process. The integration of Magento is fantastic.

Our dotmailer contact is very responsive and fast when we have questions--sometimes she answers within 3 minutes! That level of customer help is great.

Cons

The logic behind the programs sometimes gets tricky to understand. Luckily our dotmailer rep can normally help with this.

Great Software With Expansive Capabilites

The dotmailer team is exceptional. Really responsive and easy to work with.

Pros

I love the automation features. The more you use it, the more advanced and creative you can get. We have already tripled the amount of emails we send but decreased the work in 1/2.

Cons

It does require a developer to implement into your site, do datafield building, and make sure your email code is clean. Dotmailer does have a creative team that can assist with email design for an added fee.

Catherine

Reviewed on 2/05/2018

I have really enjoyed using Dotmailer. It is very easy to use and the customer support is...

Data, tons of data and the ability to segment.

Pros

Definitely, the user-friendly aspect and the ability to pull detailed reporting on a triggered sent or an email. I also like the drag and drop automation builder - very user-friendly and intuitive. One of the best thing though really is the customer service. I have asked countless questions and have always gotten a response immediately - something that other ESPS I have worked with don't have and it really is a problem and can be frustrating especially when something is going wrong in the moment.

Cons

I wish when sending AB tests I could send the test to 100% of people instead of just sending to 60% or less. I also would like to be able to glean more information than just opens and clicks for Transactional emails.

Eric

Reviewed on 2/05/2018

Very easy to use, don't ned to understand HTML.

Pros

The drag and drop widget-like tool to create blasts. Creating segments for contacts is very easy and follows almost a SQL like coding

Cons

Load times can be a bit long. There are a few workarounds that I've had to implement to accomplish certain dynamic content.