Silvertrac Software Reviews

About Silvertrac Software

Silvertrac is a web-based guard management and security incident reporting solution that helps security organizations monitor and respond to issues, tasks and events efficiently. The solution is built for private contract...

4.8

Browse Silvertrac Software Reviews

Chuck
Chuck

Reviewed on 21/12/2017

One word - Outstanding!

Pros

This product has exceeds all our expectations and our clients love the reports we prepare for them. The reports are detailed and professionally done (by the system). Actually, I lost out on a bid this past summer (solely money issue) but was called back mainly because of our reports! (and they paid me what I asked for in my bid) Also, the customer service they provide is probably the best I have ever dealt with - they patiently answer every question in terms I can understand and walk me through the process. It feels like I'm calling my own, internal help desk because they are so helpful and friendly as if they are part of your team. In addition, they offer many tutorials (video) on the site and most of the time, that's all I need but when I do need additional help, they're there for me.

Brett

Overall Satisfaction

Pros

It is user friendly. It holds users/officers accountable for their time and efforts.

Cons

The only downfall is the inability to create incident reports separately from the daily activity report.

Cody

Reviewed on 8/11/2023

Overrated and underwhelming software

It was what we needed for a while but we reorganized our company and needed more functionality and capabilities that the software lacks. The customer service was not the best. We found another software solution that excels in these ways and has more, all for less cost, amazingly.

Pros

The way guards could scan QR codes is nice. Makes our team into professional QR code scanners.

Cons

We called customer service and asked a question and they said “ok” and hung up. Then we called more with no answer. Email correspondence was also unprofessional and they did not communicate clearly or resolve issues clearly.

Top Silvertrac Software Alternatives

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

Best product

My overall experience has been great any time I have a question I am able to reach someone and you all always get back to me

Pros

How easy the setup is to do as well as how much information you can input for the officers in the field.

Cons

Nothing I can think of at this time I really enjoy using this product

Troy

Reviewed on 22/08/2019

Customer Service

This software has streamlined all the security duties into on device with a standard line of reporting with the same attributes across the platform by enabling the forms to work amongst one another.

Pros

As we have come full circle to the new wave of technology the Silvertrac software has applications that have been of great need and use in the security field. the information that is captured has streamed lined and assisted the staff in gathering accurate information and complete reports at their fingertips.

Cons

At this point the setup is easy with the help of customer service.

Trackforce Valiant

Reasons for Switching to Silvertrac Software

Slivertrac was able to give all the information in one device across several platforms.
Tiffany

Reviewed on 9/08/2019

Silvertrac Software Review

Pros

I like how I can get the officer's reports in real time, and not have to wait until the next day to receive their paper reports. I feel like I'm more in touch with what's going on from a Security standpoint.

Cons

I wish we could stop people from being able to close their own reports since we use that as an auditing process.

Omnigo

Reasons for Switching to Silvertrac Software

Silvertrac was cheaper and more user friendly. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was awesome at getting us setup as well.
Jason

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

Silvertrac is AWESOME!

I am the owner of a security company in Arizona and after using multiple other systems I find that Silvertrac is the most affordable, easiest to customize and the customer service team is awesome (Shout out to Derek).

Pros

I like the GPS monitoring, the geofencing and the ease of use of the overall system.

Cons

It has a tendency to lock up if you accidentally switch out of it.

Gene
Gene

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

Excellent Tracking and Reporting

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team are very easy to work with and always respond to our needs quickly.

Pros

Very easy to implement, install and understand. The reporting is robust.

Cons

As of yet, does not have a "cookie crumb" trail via GPS similar to something a fitness app would provide. The software only leaves a trail through application of physical checkpoints.

Response from Trackforce

Great news Gene! We just pushed out an update that will allow you to see your user's GPS locations every 60s throughout their entire shift.

I'll have your Account Manager reach out today to get you early access to that feature!

Thank you for your continued support and use of Silvertrac.

Michael "Sully"
Michael "Sully"

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

We can't run without it!

We use Silvertrac for all of our clients, it's helpful for us to create reports in real-time as things happen. This allows our Security Officers the opportunity to document occurrences as they go, instead of relying on paper reports.

Pros

Fully customizable, the framework is easy to navigate and user-friendly. The features allow us to document incident reports, damage reports, and other documentation with ease in real-time.

Cons

There's not a lot that I would say is a con about the software. I do feel that an updated layout would be a good change to keep things fresh.

Vince

Reviewed on 28/09/2023

Shout out to [sensitive content hidden] "true asset to your company"

[sensitive content hidden] called me up because I was having issues with the Silvertrac app. He took the time to diagnois my issue and assisted me in correcting the issue. Silvertrac is lucky to have an employee like [sensitive content hidden]. I feel he is a valueable asset and should be acknowledged for his hard work and dedication to assisting customers.[sensitive content hidden] you a very much appriciated.Regards,Vince

Pros

Reporting

Cons

Setting up the QR codes

Frank

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

Customer service

This program has enabled my company to have a professional format to present to the clients of what my staff is encountering on their properties. They can see what there paying for.

Pros

My company has been using this program for about 3 years now and we have had very good results. The attentiveness and knowledge of the customer service staff. they have always provided a solution and answer to my questions. The video tutorials are very helpful and complete. the intuitiveness of getting started on this program is excellent. I highly recommend this to program.

Cons

One feature of the reporting is that i would like to see is the ability to separate the issues i.e. getting a report of say just one issue from all of my locations (contracts). in order to get a accounting of what my staff deals with the most.

Response from Trackforce

Great news Frank! We pushed out an update today that will allow you to pull daily and summary reports by issue type!

Your customer success manager will be reaching out to get you introduced to pulling the new report.

Jason

Reviewed on 21/06/2016

ALERT Protective Services review of Silvertrac

Proposal was excellent, as was explanation of how the software worked. After evaluation, we quickly decided this would be a good fit for ALERT, even though our use of the software is a little different from a typical Silvertrac client.

ALERT uses the software 85% of the time from a fixed location as a "dispatcher profile" - officers at a fixed post using a Windows PC, and accessing and creating an issue report via web browser interface. It works well this way for 90% of reports.

The other 15% of use is the typical smartphone or tablet interface, via the Silvertrac App. The App itself works VERY well and we've gotten good feedback from clients.

Pros

Ease of use by officer personnel. Ease in reading reports as they are disseminated by email. Ease in seeing information at a glance via Issue Monitor and basic trend reports. DAR recap is also very good, providing clients with at a glance information. Of advanced functionality, the AUTO REPORTS function (auto DAR in particular) feature is GREAT and must have.

Cons

Given we use the software via web browser 85% of the time, the lack of ability to add a picture to a report from the initial issue creation stage is a con. I'd like to see this change, as this would be a perfect scenario for us, given how we use the software in gated community and high rise condo security applications.

The only confusing part for clients, as we use the software: the "click here to see" statement at the bottom of initial issue report emails. 98% of our clients do not want nor have time to go into detail when viewing a report. They want the report informaiton via email... and that very typically has all the info they need. I'd like to see functionality to remove that statement as a customize-able feature.

Finally, the basic trend reports are great (top 10 issues, types of issues, by table). I'd like to see the functionality to turn these numbers directly into bar/line/pie charts -- OR, to export them to Excel (instead of only PDF), so we can create our own charts for clients.

Greg

Reviewed on 30/04/2017

Silvertrac Software has been a major reason our clients are referring us to other clients.

The biggest benefit for us has to be our clients referring us to other customers based on Silvertrac. Our company has grown by over 100% each year since using Silvertrac. Some of our core values are accountability and transparency. Silvertrac is our biggest tool in helping us meet and exceed our values on every service delivery we are involved with.

Pros

One of our biggest selling points is our transparency and accountability. Silvertrac gives us that platform to drive home these two traits of our company. Our clients appreciate the ability to see what our guards are doing in near real time and ensure we are meeting our conformance standards. Additionally, the automated reports the system generates for our clients has been extremely favorable.

Customer service has been nothing short of excellent. I can always get an immediate response when I am having an issue or even a question regarding the capabilities.

Cons

The time clock feature appears to still have glitches in the feature and we have not been able to completely rely on this function.

Elizabeth

Reviewed on 1/05/2017

Silvertrac has definitely helped us with customer retention and employee accountability.

see survey responses

Pros

The best thing that Silvertrac has done for us is RETAIN CUSTOMERS. The GPS tracking and timestamped photos has definitely built credibility into our services. Also, makes it easy to verify "lone officer" posts with photos, timestamping, and GPS tracking reports. And, the ease of use and easy to train new personnel on the system. Within a few minutes any employee who uses a mobile device can learn Silvertrac in a few short training minutes. There are more pros, but these are my top 3. We cannot see our business without it!

Cons

It's not a deal breaker, but some upgrades or updates are not as quick as would like to see - especially the device maintenance. If you have more than a couple of devices, the system makes device management a bit nightmarish when trying to figure out which devices to activate and de-activate - this has been my only pet peeve with the system in over a year - and we still cannot give a user defined name to each device for easy and quick identification.

Sean

Reviewed on 19/08/2019

Highly Recommend Silvertrac

Silvertrac has helped streamline the way we do our jobs. It's helped eliminate the need for multiple forms that now longer need to be printed. Clients like the ability to go online and see exactly what is happening on their sites.

Pros

Silvertrac's software is easy to use. The latest update improved upon an already great system. The GPS map has helped multiple times when a Client thought specific Officers weren't doing their jobs. Their customer service team is responsive and they take feedback to incorporate into the system. I've never had to wait to have an issue resolved or get extra assistance when needed.

Cons

There is a learning curve on the back end that can be time intensive, but once you have it down it's easy. They have a good set of learning tools to assist.

Malinda

Reviewed on 9/10/2020

Highly Recommended for use in the Security Industry

Pros

This software replaced our old archaic way of tracking and reporting incidents to clients. The setup and implementation was very easy, and the transition went smoothly. The software is user friendly, and the customer service is excellent.

Cons

I would love it if Silvertrac was able to route map for my patrol officers.

Krista

Reviewed on 29/04/2017

The Silvertrac Software is exceptional

We as a company have used this software as a selling point and tool for our potential clients and sales proposal. This product/software has impressed our potential clients as well as current clients. We have increased our sales with the use of this product as well as the productivity of the guards.

Pros

The real-time reporting is an excellent selling point in our proposal to potential clients. With the use of this software we have increased our sales and number of clients. The GPS tracking is a great tool to keep the guards accountable as well as the check points (detex) option within the software. There are a number of different reports that are very helpful to our clients. Overall, the Silvertrac software is a valuable tool for our company and industry.

Issac

Reviewed on 19/02/2016

SilverTrac feedback

Feedback on SilverTrac:

I have had a very good experience with SilverTrac in general and I'd say that the only thing I can say is that I on my end have not utilized the software to it's potential and that is to no fault of SilverTrac. That being said it performs just like it should, but as in most cases it is only as good as its operators. I am the Regional Manager ABC and take care of all of the sales calls and presentations for potential clients and this is where I am not only presenting my company but yours as well and I feel that I may not be doing my or SilverTrac the best service as I may or may not have been presenting it to its full potential. I know that I may not be utilizing your costumer service as much as I should and that is my fault as I would like to come up with a more targeted marketing plan to certain industries such as Construction. I mention construction as it is one of the industries that I have been getting the best response from and that is where I would like to see how I may be able to utilize the software to its full potential. The only con that I have encountered when I am presenting your software to some of my and SilverTrac competitors is the that some have real-time guard activity as you can see them walking around second by second in real-time. I was wondering if that is a feature that is even possible whith SilverTrac and thus can be added on or if its something that is in the works.

If it is possible I would like to schedule a meeting to see if you may be able to help me out with some of the above mentioned items.

Response from Trackforce

Hey Issac! We'd be happy to meet and show you how the GPS features work. We can even help you incorporate more of the software in your presentations so you can clearly communicate the benefits of your service.

Go ahead and reach out to your success manager or our support team, [email protected], and we can set up a meeting.

We are looking forward to working a little closer in the near future!

Replied 19/02/2016
Erika

Reviewed on 12/08/2019

Best Security Software Ever!

I was not a part of the original implementation team and took the reigns close to the beginning of this year with no knowledge of the software. I was able to navigate through the portal with the help buttons all over the place and being able to reach out to the support team either via email, phone and the chat box. This allowed me to get sites set up and customized. The recent work done with rep has assisted me greatly by confirming the work being done and assisting me with ways to fine tune the way in which it is currently set up.

Pros

The accessibility of the program has made it easy to use and operate. Being able to provide an additional and real time line of communication with clients has allowed for a stronger sense of security for many. This software allows the work to be shown in real time rather than hand written daily activity and incident reports that are picked up and reviewed when the supervisor is able to get to the site and pick them up. Being able to send auto reports to the clients has allowed them peace of mind in knowing they are receiving services as contracted.

Cons

Having to go through and set up customized patrols and not being able to copy them to another site makes for grueling work but it can be done. Being able to send messages or responses to issues sent in would be useful so that officers can make the adjustments accordingly.

Kenny

Reviewed on 21/06/2018

Silvertrac offers a robust management & reporting tool that exceeded our expectations...

Already mentioned in the PRO's block...

Pros

Silvertrac provided a seamless integration from our previous guard management system. It is easy to navigate and support services from REP are outstanding. I most recently included Silvertrac as a product in my final presentation for a major residential RFP and the decision makers were "blow away" by the presentation content. Their reply was: "Wow..., we actually don't have any questions for you because you just literally answered every concern we identified on our matrix during your presentation." We were deploying a previous software at one of this clients sites and rolled-out Silvertac for a trial to capture patrol and reporting data for the presentation. That strategy played out to perfection. The client was able to compare reporting data from our previous software to that of Silvertrac. The comparison was akin to that of Analog vs Digital. Oh and yes, we were awarded 3 out of 4 locations with this Client. Silvertrac most definitely played a significant role as a product differentiator, contributing to our success receiving the award.

Cons

1. Would like to see capability to upload pdf files (Post Orders);
2. Needs geo-fencing features;

Nicholas

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

Pros

Issue Monitor to track what our staff are doing throughout their shifts

Cons

Report details not included in email notifications (this is important for our clients)

Response from Trackforce

Hey Nick - Thanks for the high marks for Silvertrac!

As for the report details, there are 2 options:

1- Incident notifications will show all the report details in the email notification itself.

2- Daily Activity Reports delivered by email do not put all the notes into the email, but requires the users to open the PDF report provided in the notification. This behavior is based on how much information the average report contains.

I hope the additional clarity helps! I'll have your Customer Success Manager reach out to walk you through those options to decide which is best for you and your clients.

Brian

Not User Friendly for Operational Supervisor

The Silvertrac Software / Program is clearly not designed to support Operational Supervisors.
It is probably very helpful for HR / Timekeepers/Other Administrative Support Positions.
It is nearly useless because of its lack of User Friendly Functions as an Operational Scheduling Tool.

Pros

It mostly keeps track of members time.

Cons

You rely on Remote On Line training which is not helpful or effective for everyone.
Providing In Person Training for the individuals that use the system would be helpful.

Shawn
  • Industry: Fine Art

Great product

My overall experience has been great! The team at SilverTrac is top notch, patient, and always available to help.

Pros

I love how easy the system is to build for each site.

Cons

I would like to see an incident reporting function that had dedicated fields for name, address, DOB and other pertinent information for involved parties.

Omnigo

Reasons for Switching to Silvertrac Software

Price and how easy it was to set up.
William

Reviewed on 5/11/2020

Pros

Parking and Reports on one platform. GPS verification. Ability to customize.

Cons

Field Users cannot see previous reports, view photos, or search issues. For example, the field user cannot search to see if a transient had been previously contacted. No way for the field user to add photos from the phone and only allows photos from inside the app.
Back Office: Supervisor reviews of reports before they are submitted to the client. When we make changes the client can see those changes when they read their auto reports. Also, If a report was completed under the wrong property there is no way to change the property to the correct one. Also, would be nice to have a simpler way to switch between clients.
Btw, I have so many more suggestions. I am willing to work with you if you are serious about making changes.

Thomas

Reviewed on 5/11/2020

The customer service is the best...

The application is simple and to the point, which is good. The help and assistance that comes with the system is the cherry on the top. By far the best scheduling program.

Pros

The IT customer service. Any time we need assistance the IT team is there to help. Also, if there are any application errors, they're the first to let us know.

Cons

the fact that we cannot forward schedule by month, only by week. Unless I am not aware of.