Apptivo Reviews

About Apptivo

Apptivo is a cloud-based suite of applications designed to help small businesses manage a range of functions including financials, human resources and supply chain management. Apptivo’s customer relationship management (CRM)...

4.7
4.2
4.7

Browse Apptivo Reviews

Marisela
Marisela

Reviewed on 28/11/2016

Customer Support is very Responsive

Our business started Apptivo when we were quite small, and there were several issues with the program when we first began using them. The support at Apptivo is awesome, every time that we have a difficulty using any of the programs feature, they have gotten back to us within hours or sometimes days. The recent issue with using their Ledger App took a bit longer to resolve but we enthusiastically appreciate their dedication to resolving the issues, and how thoroughly they did resolve it.

The features we use most often include: Emailing Invoices and Estimates, keeping track of our Finances with their Ledger App, and keeping track of correspondence with Clients. There are some many other features to the program including tracking Inventory, tracking Accounts with Suppliers, and creating Projects with clients/collaborations with other professionals just to name a few.

I will continue to use and support the Apptivo program. They continue to grow and offer more features, clearer and efficient options for tracking the growth of our business as it continues to grow!

Pros

Easy to use features - Sending out invoices - Receiving payments and notifications - Receving Emails and Client feedback - Tracking client info - Reviewing, Updating, and tracking Inventory and Accounts Payables. There are many other features but these we use in general.

Cons

Some errors with Invoices through paypal that require the client to input the info more than once, especially when there is Updates to the program. This has happened on some occasions, but is no longer an issue that we experience.

Marc

Reviewed on 9/02/2023

Apptivo Training and Configuration Support

In general, a very positive experience. I have found the online "chat" support to be hit and miss, with a lot of the agents not having much knowledge in helping solve the problem at hand. Conversely, the "paid" configuration support has been generally excellent. My configuration support rep ("[sensitive content hidden]") has been a tremendous help in custom configuration assistance.

Pros

The "all-in-one" aspect of various business modules makes this more than just a CRM tool.

Cons

Some of the relationships between fields in the various modules do not work as advertised and/or need work-arounds in the configuration

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

Prophet user interface (through Outlook) was lacking, plus it didn't have all the other customer interface modules (order management, work order management, etc.) that Apptivo has. In general, the user interface of Apptivo is far superior to Prophet as well as response times for entering / retrieving information.

Prophet CRM

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

Far superior in terms of customer support, usability, and overall price.
Mike

Reviewed on 16/05/2018

Good but so much opportunity to be so much better

Pros

I can adapt it to my needs.

I feel that when I make a suggestion for improvement it will genuinely be listened to.

Cons

There are a lot of bugs - this is why I have marked the overall quality down. We are always creating something and then it crashes, or it wont save and we have to start again. Or emails never arrive which causes big problems. Whenever there are updates, something unintentional seems to get affected. Perhaps more testing before going live. It feels a bit unprofessional sometimes.

We can't test our own changes, so when I am updating things and people are using it, it can be disruptive. I really need to make changes and test before going live.

The support is not always perfect. Some times its great, but sometimes I am not understood. The right intentions are always there though.

Response from Apptivo

Hi Mike,

The only way to achieve this would be to have another account that you can use as a test account. It wont have all your production data, but you can certainly use that to test out config changes.

For enterprise accounts (larger than 250 users) we do provide multiple dedicated environments as its pretty normal to have dev, QA and production accounts in that setting.

We are constantly working to improve the quality, while keeping the pace on new features. I totally understand when some of these new releases cause disruption to existing processes, but we are working to make these changes as seamless as possible.

Thank you for your feedback though. We'll continue to refine our execution.

Replied 11/10/2018

Top Apptivo Alternatives

Gina

Reviewed on 16/08/2021

Exceeded Expectations

The onboarding team was wonderful and addressed every issue that came up. They were incredibly responsive and Apptivo delivered on all the features we wanted/needed. Apptivo is an absolutely critical part of our business at every level. From lead management, to sales and quoting, to implementation and onboarding of new customers. It is so much more than a CRM for us.

Pros

The onboarding team made sure all of our data was transferred over as we expected and they made everything so easy for us. It is really feature complete so we were able to eliminate multiple other systems and consolidate so it is easier for all staff involved.

Cons

The Outlook integration has had some trouble with calendar appointments that we had to work through.

Salesforce Sales Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

We were going to need to spend a lot to re-vamp some processes and it is all consultant based with Dynamics so we decided to look around at other options. Apptivo was by far the best fit for us. It is less costly and easier for us to maintain ourselves. Support and onboarding with Apptivo is top notch.

QuoteWerks and Freshdesk

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

Apptivo is incredibly feature complete and they are more cost effective and support their own product so we can make changes ourselves and also reach out to their support team for help if we need it. It was the best fit for our business by far.
Maira
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

Flexible Software Platform

Cloud-based product is easy to use from anywhere, including mobile device. We required significant system customizations and most were successfully implemented. While we have trouble resolving issues using Apptivo's general Tech Support chat function (probably due to our breadth of customizations), our PM and Apptivo's technical team always provide good support when we have issues to address!

Pros

Its ability to accommodate the range of sales and technical information we track in a CRM. The Apptivo team was willing to affordably undertake necessary customizations to tailor the product to our business model.

Cons

Certain basic tools (i.e. drag and drop column-builder) are not features of this system. List upload function is complex. Mobile functionality is somewhat limited. Outlook integration is less user-friendly / flexible than ideal. Reporting functionality is limited without customized reports.

Salesforce Platform

Obsolescence

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

Price relative to the feature set we required at the given time.

Reviewed on 2/04/2021

Before you purchase a CRM solution, You really have to check this out!!!

So far, everything's been great. It's been very easy to setup as I want. When I've had questions, there's the chat box for support and they've been VERY helpful every time I've asked.

Pros

Apptivo is the first collaborative, simple, and cost-effective way to manage customers, pipeline, & calendar that I've found. Most others that offer similar functionality will cost you an arm and a leg. Or they'll be reasonable at first, then they'll get you for each of the "add-ons" that you need to make a whole solution for your organization.

Cons

Some of the apps are not quite as intuitive as some others, but that's to be expected considering their business purpose.

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

Very intuitive overall. It's great how all the apps integrate and work with the others. It's very nice to have so much functionality in one place.

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

Everything I need in one app at one monthly price. Not nickel & dime like the others for the same functionality.
Paula
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

Solo User Migrating from Act! Not a sophisticated CRM user

I would rate the support team excellent. They are helpful. I need to spend more time working with Apptivo to evaluate the software properly

Pros

I am an independent rep working with many brands and had 15 years of contacts in Act database that I needed to extract with all my fields and notes intact. I am not super tech savvy! I made the switch to Apptivo because they have a data migration service for a reasonable fee. The team leader was wonderful and helped held my hand throughout the process. They created the apps that I needed to integrate my data.
I have only been using the system for a few months and still learning so i will circle back once I am proficient.

Cons

I use Contacts-Customers & Leads - calendar & marketing. I have the same custom fields in all three apps. I am not thrilled with the fact that if you change a custom field in one app- it doesn't integrate with the others so I have to go into each app each time an update is needed which is time consuming. I wish there was a feature that addressed this. You can only integrate one mail platform so I cannot pull my mail from my various accounts into the Apptivo Suite.

• Industry: Import & Export
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 24/03/2020

Great CRM solution for small business

I think it's really easy to setup and use for less technical people, great for freelancers, small businesses and mom and pop shops who don't need or want data driven CRM systems. If you have a single person who can juggle multiple aspects of customer service it's cost effective or a small team it's worth it.

Pros

When my client asked me to look into a customer management solution to start to transition away from paper and Excel sheet based documents, I looked into several options including Salesforce. The price was good and comparable to Salesforce but I think many small businesses, your mom and pop shops don't really want or need more in depth data analytics. I think that's where Apptivo is better and easier to use for small business who aren't as data driven.

Cons

What I didn't really like is that for roughly the same annual price per single licence compared to Salesforce was in Apptivo limits the account to a single user. If you have more than one person who handles customer service, marketing, invoicing etc, the cost is a lot more.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 9/09/2020

import leads

very good customer support

Pros

Assistance in correcting my import error most helpful

Cons

email interface may be an issue for using program

Vernessa
Vernessa

Reviewed on 20/06/2018

Apptivo is All-Inclusive, Modern ERP Cloud App Done Right (Just Add Speed and GUI Refresh)

I was using Teamwork (formerly Teamwork PM) for project management, a local install of vTiger CRM for contacts and opportunity management, and myriad other cloud-based apps to pull together administrative activities.

I wanted an all-inclusive software with strong project management features that also allowed me to handle detailed invoicing and allowed customers to click a link to pay. Lastly, the CRM component had to be at least as good as vTiger (or Zoho CRM which I'd also given a trial run).

Apptivo satisfied these needs. Pleased with the CRM, opportunity management, project management, field service management, and billing apps (especially since they've added Stripe as a payment gateway).

Pros

They do not nickle-and-dime you to death! One price includes everything. Their tiers are about number of users rather than adding/subtracting features. A more sensible model than some of the others.

I like how detail views are available from most places -- call logs, projects, tasks, and notes can be associated with a contact or company or opportunity.

The integration with email is excellent, right down to making it easy to connect your email boxes. One challenge I had that Apptivo solved for me was how to keep emails related to a particular project or opportunity all together in one place. Apptivo does a good job of this by assigning codes (or project numbers), and allowing you to select whether or not the email you are writing is related.

If you are writing emails using some other application (your desktop client or cloud-based app), you can use the same code in the subject line and Apptivo will pull that email into the app, and associate it with the relevant modules (project, client, case, etc.)

Cons

Apptivo is reliable, doesn't seem to ever lose information, etc. but it is often as slow as molasses in an ice storm. Waiting is a no-no; constant waiting is a annoyance that has made me close the app more than once and come back another time.

Apptivo communicates improvements and changes on a regular basis, however, it takes Apptivo a long, loooooong time to integrate changes that have been requested by clients, and improvements overall.

The incremental changes they report on are good but they are really things that should have been implemented 4-5 years ago. An example of this is Stripe (payment gateway) integration. I requested it over and over about 3 years ago but it was just implemented last year.

They could do better with customization (esp. dashboards), reporting, data import, data export and speed.

Low scores on API/integrations -- they have an API but not many other services have developed integrations for it. Neither have they developed many integrations (except for Google products). Even their WordPress module is outdated, clunky. Also, connection to phone services (to take better advantage of the ability to log calls).

The interface still has areas that are clunky and unattractive (although, in defense of Apptivo, I must say the interface has improved in aesthetics, colors and icons in the 4 years I've been using it).

Response from Apptivo

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. We exist because of great customers like yourself! Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you.

Heath
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 26/07/2021

Designed for us

We needed a CRM system that really could be bespoke to our unique needs as an organisation. Having outgrown our previous CRM when it wasn't able to be flexible enough to grow with us, we needed to ensure that not only could be track engagements, manage contacts, track event participation -- as well as set up considerable amount of event triggers for email notifications and much more. The Apptivo team really never said "No, we can't do that". It was always a case of let's go away, see what we can do, and they came back with a solution. Very impressed with the support we received from Apptivo.

Pros

Apptivio was already a full-featured product when we identified it as a suitable replacement for our existing CRM system, which we'd outgrown as an organisation. The ability to further customise it to our specific needs, through the support of their friendly, professional services team, guaranteed that it would tick all of our boxes. We're still finding new things to use Apptivo for, and it's great to have all of these features in one product which integrates with our Office suite.

Cons

We heavily customised what the product is capable of, syncing it with our Xero accounting package as well as Office 365. This took considerable effort on the part of Apptivo's support teams -- not a complaint by any means though.

Zoho CRM, Insightly, Zapier, Freshdesk, HubSpot CRM and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

The incredible amount of features and capabilities present within the Apptivo ecosystem as well as the ability to really make it our own.
Taha
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 19/04/2023

Unleashing Business Potential with Apptivo

The overall experience with Apptivo has been exceptional. The platform's comprehensive range of tools and features, along with its ease of use, has made it an invaluable resource for businesses of all sizes.

Pros

Apptivo is a highly versatile and user-friendly CRM system that offers a comprehensive suite of tools to manage sales, marketing, and customer relationships.

Cons

This review is focused on Apptivo; however, it is worth mentioning that, in comparison, Sendinblue has certain limitations. Sendinblue is primarily an email marketing platform, and its CRM capabilities may not be as robust or feature-rich as Apptivo's.

Bryan

Reviewed on 22/09/2019

Who Provides GREAT "Chat" Support?

Replaced ACT Contact Management System to provide realtime access to critical data to make decisions and deliver breakthrough support to our customers and vendors.

Pros

Apptivo does! Although it's rare that I've had to use Apptivo "Chat" Support. Today, was another example where Naresh went above and beyond to get a Supervisor to fix an important Account Set-up. On a prior Chat call, Apptivo suggested a remote session where the representative quickly identified the Advanced Capabilities required to import a complex database. My company does not sell or represent Apptivo although we are in the enterprise software integration industry. Apptivo sets a new standard of excellence in support that organizations small and large can depend.

Cons

Additional pre-built integrations are time savers and Apptivo has more work to do in this area. Professionally, I'd rather have a solid framework of broad core features that is competitively priced than can be used by everyone in the company.

Zoho CRM, Act! and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

Increased functionality, better support and lower cost.

Act!

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

Increased functionality, better support and lower cost.
Lloyd

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

Apptivo for Sales Forecasting

We are software start up and needed a CRM to manage Leads, Contacts, Opportunities and track project implementation. Apptivo does all this. And if it does not do exactly what you want OOTB, Kamala and her team will customise it for you. The implementation support and customisation folks were easy to work with and understood our requirements. I was very impressed at the level of engagement and enthusiasm to get Apptivo customised to how we needed it to be.

Pros

Apptivo is very easy to use, and integrates seamlessly to other apps. The ability to customise to suit our specific needs was a big plus in our purchasing decision. I have used a few of the other CRM solutions, and find Apptivo one of the best CRMs for sales forecasting and pipeline management.

Cons

Would be good to Click on the name and the Opportunity or Contact would open up. But to view an Opportunity or Contact, you have to move the mouse to the right hand side and click on the 3 Dots (Actions). I find this a little annoying.

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

Very well demonstrated to us, understood our needs, easy to deal with and well priced
Brett

Reviewed on 17/01/2021

If you need something customized to your business it doesn't get better!

This company is fantastic and a complete joy to work with. Very courteous and fast to correct issues as they arrive. Communication was fantastic.

Pros

The company does everything in their power to personalize your experience for your needs instead of trying to force your needs into their locked system. Very customizable and if they can't do what you need they will do what they can to implement it later.

Cons

A bit slow on page changes, updates, and downloads. They need a more robust system and servers.

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

Dataforma was way too expensive and not very customizable. After 5 years they were still not able to implement most of our requests and needs that we were told in the beginning that they would work to roll-out.

Dataforma

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

They were the most customizable and affordable. The only other companies that were as customizable were way more expensive.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 7/05/2021

Feature Rich

Custom Training has been a journey taking us through implementation to make it most successful.

Pros

so versatile and easy to customize... we can change/update everything by ourselves.

Cons

I have not yet found something I do not like!

ASP.NET Zero

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

We needed a CRM thad does not require a server and is remote friendly.

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

more versatile and more apps that cover the full business.
Lori
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 11/08/2022

Overall, this product has streamlined and simplified the way we do business, contact our clients, and regulate their access to data.

Pros

Apptivo CRM is very user friendly. It is also very flexible so it can suit your business the way you do business

Cons

If I feel like there is something missing, I can report it to Apptivo and they usually put it in their pipeline and add it to the software.

Lindsay
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 13/02/2020

Potential to be great, but missing the mark in critical areas

Pros

It is user friendly from the aspect of moving around and customizing fields. The import function was also nice to bring in data from old CRM.
the chat feature is nice to ask a question and they are quick to respond
the price is affordable

Cons

It does not truly integrate with O365 to be fully functional. it syncs calendar events and thats all. so all the tasks assigned, you have to manage from the app not your O365 suite. This is NOT efficient. the sales team provided incorrect info on this capability. This feature should be part of your trial so I would have known this product may not be the best fit!

The standard sales conversion is not automatically available, you have to customize it. Reporting has errors and gives "not enough data" and no one can seem to figure out why. if I can't get data, this app is again not efficient.

Kevin
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

Great Value and exceptional support

Moving from an Excel-based CRM which was not regularly updated, or even used by most of the team, we had plenty of room to improve. There are lots of products out there and we investigated quite a few. Some were cost-prohibitive and others just didn't feel comfortable, but with Apptivo, there was so much information, so much support, and all at a very reasonable price. I recommend them to everyone I discuss our CRM with.

Pros

In discussing our needs, I felt straight away that this was a company we could work with. The team went out of their way to ensure that we had everything that we wanted, even if we weren't always sure and changed our minds. they worked with us to ensure a great outcome, and as we now expand the suite of options we are using within the Apptivo framework, they're giving us the same level of service. Very highly recommended, give them a go and you'll not regret it.

Cons

I can't really think of anything. I can get in touch with someone by a multiplicity of methods and so far, they've always been able to resolve my issues, or at least explain why what I wanted is not practical or possible.

Zoho CRM, Dynamics 365 and Salesforce Sales Cloud
Michele

Reviewed on 8/03/2023

Apptivo CRM

We have had an overall positive experience with Apptivo. We have been able to capture information we were not able to have in our last CRM, and also streamline workflows with dashboards and automated reporting.

Pros

Ease of use and customer service. It is very convenient to be in Apptivo and be able to pull up a chat with support real-time, with the ability to attach screenshots, and even have the support representative start a screen share to further investigate issues. If the representative is not able to answer my question, they create a ticket on my behalf for the team to follow up on.

Cons

The inability to report on fields that live in different apps. This was a key feature we had noted when looking at CRMs and the expectation was that this functionality was 6 - 12 months away in Apptivo, however 3+years later it still does not exist.

Gregory

Reviewed on 1/05/2018

I have utilized several CRM solutions and the Apptivo CRM solution is a great solution for...

Pros

Apptivo CRM is easy to use, and makes available lots of functionality to pick and choose from when building a customized solution. Apptivo's customer support is excellent, responsive, helpful and does a great job supporting me when I need help.

Cons

For non-technical users, modifying the screens to build a customized app, can be a challenge. However, Apptivo customer service is ready to jump in and help when needed. Customer support is accomplished via chat window, which can be tedious. However, Apptivo makes available voice support when requested. And, they provide lots of You-Tube based videos to demonstrate how to modify functionality.

Regards,
Team ApptivoThank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. We exist because of great customers like yourself! I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you.

Herman
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 18/09/2023

Apptivo, the best solution for any business

Step-by-step we are implementing Apptivo in our business processes where possible and sofar I haven't seen a thing that is not possible.

Pros

The fact that I can add and delete fields and have full control over the attributes of any field. Conversions to the next step is amazing, however, this options needs a few more possibilities.The fact that it integrates with Xero is very good and your staff today gave me possible solutions to sync with more than 1 Xero, which is great.

Cons

It is an online solution and we are dependent on the internet and overseas cables. This makes is sometimes a slow solution. The receiving email functionality is not great and we will continue using Outlook. The sending email functionality is great.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 25/05/2021

Custom Built For Our Specific Needs

Pros

I love that we are able to add apps as they are needed and our company continues to grow. As someone who does not have a technical systems background, it's great that the Apptivo team was able to work with us and we were able to ultimately get what we wanted.

Cons

Technical support during the build was frustrating at times due to the time difference and bad connections on calls made communicating difficult at times but overall the Apptivo team did a great job addressing our needs and were patient with us when our focus was diverted to other things.

HubSpot CRM

Reviews and cost
Sean

Reviewed on 4/05/2018

I like Apptivo, but have found it to have lots of glitches and is very slow at times

Apptivo helps to keep my partner and I organized. We particularly use the email and notes function. We are a builder, so everything is organized around projects. The scheduling program is terrible, by the way.

Pros

The concept of the software is great... it is very integrated and it seems like the owners are always trying to improve the program.

Cons

The problems are the number of glitches experienced; the difficulty in getting issues resolved; the fact that the program can be very slow to respond. Right now, for instance, when I click on an email sometimes it opens up and sometimes it doesn't. Not sure what is causing this, but it is extremely frustrating and inefficient. I tend to do things in Google. I am seriously considering abandoning Apptivo.

Response from Apptivo

Thank you very much for your review! I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you.

Tom

Reviewed on 2/08/2019

Great CRM Software

I have now used Apptivo with two businesses and find it highly functional and easy to adopt.

Pros

Easy to set up, understand and customize.

Cons

Takes some e-learning to customize properly but it is easy to accomplish

Response from Apptivo

Hello Tom,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! Our team is thrilled that you find Apptivo fairly easy to use and valuable. We exist because of customers like you! Again, thank you so much!

Replied 26/08/2019